Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Prominent Epidemiologist Censored For Going Against Covid-19 Narrative

You go, Dr. Wittkowski!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42May 23, 2020 7:47 PM

Another Deplorable thread!

by Anonymousreply 1May 22, 2020 3:39 AM

R1 Why?

by Anonymousreply 2May 22, 2020 3:40 AM

He’s not a medical doctor.

by Anonymousreply 3May 22, 2020 3:42 AM

R3 Neither is Bill Gates.

by Anonymousreply 4May 22, 2020 3:44 AM

Everyone go out and fill your lungs with the virus!

by Anonymousreply 5May 22, 2020 3:45 AM

Definitely a deplorable thread. You people are transparent and tired!

by Anonymousreply 6May 22, 2020 3:46 AM

R6 But how???

by Anonymousreply 7May 22, 2020 3:49 AM

I'm not going to read some shitty fucking article from the NY post. Shame on you OP

If the post is championing this guy, he deserves to have his ass kicked off of YouTube. All the hucksters love to go on YouTube and spout their nonsense. They either can't write a proper article or no other website would ever post their articles

We're in the middle of an epidemic. This is science/medicine. If you are getting your news/medical information from some dude on YouTube, you're a fucking idiot

by Anonymousreply 8May 22, 2020 4:02 AM

FF this MAGAt trash thread

by Anonymousreply 9May 22, 2020 4:34 AM

R9 has been triggered.

by Anonymousreply 10May 22, 2020 4:35 AM

R10 Awww you forgot to mention owning us snowflakes. That usually goes with triggered right?

by Anonymousreply 11May 22, 2020 4:44 AM

He sounds foreign!

Crisis actor! Crisis actor!

by Anonymousreply 12May 22, 2020 5:01 AM

The thing Wittkowski overlooks is the fact that every month an individual is able to postpone catching it, existing treatments become more available, and new treatments come into existence.

Two months ago, there was a period of a few weeks when even HCQ was hard to come by unless you were hospitalized (at which point it's almost too late to make a big difference to your outcome). Now, it's abundant again. If you want to take it prophylactically (knowing it won't prevent infection, but might limit its course), your doctor might grumble and lecture you, but if you're determined enough, you're going to go home with a prescription for it, and won't have much of a problem getting it filled.

Two months ago, almost nobody knew Ivermectin even HAD antiviral properties, let alone that it might be somewhat useful for limiting the progression of a C19 infection. Today, because the companies that manufacture ivermectin tablets have quietly ramped up production while officially pretending they have no reason to do so, you can walk into Walgreens and fill a prescription for 30 3mg ivermectin tablets with little more than a dirty look and sigh from the pharmacist.

Today, it's no secret that remdesivir -- when taken at the first sign of infection -- can squelch it the way Tamiflu does to influenza... but unless you're on the verge of death AND lucky enough to be at a hospital with a supply of it AND lucky enough to be given it, it's basically impossible to get a hold of. In another month, anyone sick enough to "deserve" it (in the US) is likely to be able to get it. 3-4 months from now, anyone with the money to afford it out of pocket (if insurance balks) will be able to easily get it. If round 2 starts putting lots of people in ICUs, health insurance companies will start encouraging people to get remdesivir at the first sign of infection, just because if it costs them less than $100 to treat you with it, and treating 1,000 people keeps one or two from running up a quarter-million dollar bill in a hospital ICU at the insurance company's expense, it's to their unquestionable financial advantage to encourage its use.

There's also Xofluza, which is still basically impossible to get a hold of in the United States, but should be readily available (albeit expensive) by the end of the year.

The point is, we're all going to inevitably catch it... but catching it a few months from now will suck a lot less than catching it today, and be ENORMOUSLY better than catching it (without knowing how your own case would progress) two months ago would have been. The media keeps screaming "vaccine!", but the reality is, even readily-available antiviral meds that are the equivalent of a tiny little fire extinguisher will be good enough for most people. Two of them are now readily available, and two more will be readily available within a few more months.

by Anonymousreply 13May 22, 2020 5:06 AM

Good grief...what time is it in Russia?

by Anonymousreply 14May 22, 2020 5:12 AM

This MAGA game plan was exposed a couple of days ago by Rachel Maddow. Trump campaign to recruit ultra right wing Trump supporters with a science background to start a dis-information campaign about Covid19 so that Trump can push his agenda that everything great! Nothing to see here, people can go back to work, ignore the 100,000 deaths in the last 3 months.

BORIS is really behind the curve on this one. You've been EXPOSED.

by Anonymousreply 15May 22, 2020 5:22 AM

Oh, and expect a lot more to come. It's not going to be just one Trumpian scientist. And except it to be plastered all over Facebook. Slap your friends silly if the fall for this conspiracy. It is funded by the Trump team. High probability it can be traced back through dirt laundry money via RUSSIA.

by Anonymousreply 16May 22, 2020 5:27 AM

Thank you, R13. That’s probably the best argument that I’ve heard for continuing the shutdown. It’s hopeful, it’s not hectoring, and it shows how the shutdown both has helped and continues to help.

No one will be convinced by the screeching that we’re all going to die if we walk outdoors, but hearing “hey, give it a little more time because every day it gets a bit more manageable, as this proves” makes this misery a bit more bearable.

by Anonymousreply 17May 22, 2020 6:03 AM

We LOVE lockdowns.

by Anonymousreply 18May 22, 2020 1:19 PM

I believe it. He's worked with the American Medical Association.

by Anonymousreply 19May 23, 2020 2:47 AM

Why is it every time someone tries to express a counter viewpoint, a swarm of you come in screaming Russia? It's idiotic and so transparent. Afraid of dialogue.

by Anonymousreply 20May 23, 2020 2:48 AM

Correct, R20.

by Anonymousreply 21May 23, 2020 2:54 AM

No, not correct. You’re trolls.

The end.

by Anonymousreply 22May 23, 2020 3:59 AM

I don't think you know what the word "troll" means, R22.

by Anonymousreply 23May 23, 2020 4:21 AM

[quote]Why is it every time someone tries to express a counter viewpoint, a swarm of you come in screaming Russia?

Because your "counter viewpoint" is code for talking point which when searched always leads back to Trump and his disinformation campaign. It's never really based on fact, the ones most of you site as fact are from known political hacks like Rush Limbaugh or a crazy alcoholic judge on Faux news. You don't really want honest discourse, you want to push a conservative Republican addenda on a liberal gay chat site.

Oh and by the way, it's a known fact that Russia tried to meddle in the election to get Trump elected, as admitted to by his own governmental agencies. So when you promote conspiracy theories or talking points that Trump wants everyone to believe, you are riding in the same car as Russia. Ergo, you might as well be a Russian Troll.

by Anonymousreply 24May 23, 2020 5:52 AM

R24 I'm not even American. You can check my IP or whatever you freak.

Social distancing is one strategy being implemented, but not the only one, i.e. Sweden. Of course it's all about Trump and America.

by Anonymousreply 25May 23, 2020 6:15 AM

Because what Sweden is doing is what Trump wants America to do. And last time I checked, Sweden's approach of not wearing masks has cause them to have a death rate THREE TIMES that of their nearest neighbors. The only thing worth discussing at this point is what a failure they are at it.

by Anonymousreply 26May 23, 2020 6:44 AM

R26 They are only hurrying up what America is prolonging.

Build up immunity in the GP now!

by Anonymousreply 27May 23, 2020 6:47 AM

Heard Immunity requires 80% of the population to be infected for that theory to work. No thanks.

by Anonymousreply 28May 23, 2020 7:16 AM

Invermectin is a veteranary drug used for parasites in your pet dogs. Has everyone lost their mind?

by Anonymousreply 29May 23, 2020 9:14 AM

r28 it's not a bad strategy when you look at who gets sick & dies. The problem is you have to do a few things before implementing it that no leader at any level has shown they have the fortitude to actually enforce. The health care system logistics (having PPE, getting it to right people, etc.) have to be robust. You need to have widespread testing/tracing capabilities, ban travel early (& enforce it), lockdown/protect high-risk groups like the eldery, chronically ill, etc.

Any requirements you do have, like social distancing, masks, etc need to be actually enforced, with no exceptions. You CAN allow more freedoms within this system. Strong public health epidemiology is key.

by Anonymousreply 30May 23, 2020 9:34 AM

R29, you do realize that ivermectin is used as an anti-oarasitical medication in a wide range of species, including humans?

There is recent evidence that the drug also has anti-viral activity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31May 23, 2020 11:00 AM

I didn't know David Cross had a side job.

After 3 months time it's obvious to me what works and what doesn't, and who can be listened to and who can be discounted. The country, state or city can re-open whatever they want, I'll be following what are good practices as far as I'm concerned. It doesn't hurt to social distance, wear a mask, bolster your immune system and other measures that I can control. I am also willing to say I have been wrong or overly-concerned, once it's been SCIENTIFICALLY proven that whatever measures I've taken to protect myself, have been incorrect. We are in this for the long haul, and we have not been suffering for THAT long a time. Patience, people, patience.

by Anonymousreply 32May 23, 2020 11:15 AM

He’s a former biostatistician, NOT an epidemiologist. And if YouTube censors your videos, you must be full of steaming shit.

by Anonymousreply 33May 23, 2020 11:32 AM

Isn't he the one all the anti-vaxxer nuts have latched on to?

by Anonymousreply 34May 23, 2020 11:37 AM

I told you this would happen, all the trolls are hitting the site spreading Trumpain disinformation. Maddox exposed this plan a week ago. And here we are arguing with trolls half of them Russian half working directly for the campaign as if they really give a shit what we say about their propaganda. They don't. You can tell by their wackadodle post like R31 its all about seeding discourse and lies.

by Anonymousreply 35May 23, 2020 11:51 AM

Dont Feed The Trolls.

by Anonymousreply 36May 23, 2020 11:52 AM

The article mentioned Wittkowski goes to underground restaurants that are serving meals during the pandemic.

I was not aware of this. Anyone from NY who is familiar with such restaurants, please elaborate about what they are like and how extensive they exist

by Anonymousreply 37May 23, 2020 12:22 PM

I'm tired of the authoritarian, closed-minded people on BOTH sides. The people screeching that HCQ is deadly poison, and ivermectin is "a veterinary drug", and claiming that "science" proves they don't work, are at LEAST as bad as the people who think we should just let everyone get infected & let 1-5% of the population die to get it over with.

Personally, THESE are the milestones I'd go by for determining how fully things can reopen:

1. HCQ (with or without azithromycin) and ivermectin readily available from physicians for patients to take (along with zinc) for prophylaxis, or at least to keep on hand so they can begin taking it IMMEDIATELY upon first sign of infection: reopen with crowd-control limits and masks. People whose jobs involve direct contact with others (eg, hairstylists) should at least be on prophylaxis (say, 3mg ivermectin every other day, 200mg/day HCQ, and 22-30mg/day of zinc picolinate or equivalent), and be able to ramp up that dosage to double those levels at the first concrete sign of infection.

2. Remdesivir becomes readily available to hospitals for use with any and all cases of c19 severe enough to merit admission: people with customer-contact jobs who want to discontinue prophylaxis can discontinue if they really want to, since at that point c19 will be readily curable for most people. Nevertheless, anyone who WANTS to continue prophylaxis (even if they're arguably at low risk of infection by virtue of having little public contact) should be allowed, if not encouraged, to do so. At this point, we can start allowing large public gatherings with continued use of masks.

3. Remdesivir becomes readily available to private physicians for anyone who's willing to pay for it: Masks still officially required, but no legal enforcement, and everyone pretty much ignores it unless they're someplace where the people in charge can enforce compliance (like a school).

4. County health departments implement effective outreach to make remdesivir abundantly available to anyone and everyone with symptoms of c19 for free, and encourage everyone within one degree of separation of anyone who's confirmed to be infected to take it for at least a week as well: all remaining restrictions can be dropped. At this point, if someone actually progresses all the way to full-blown SARS, it's almost their own fault for being indifferent to their own health. As a pleasant side effect, since remdesivir ALSO works brilliantly well to squelch rhinoviruses (which cause most "colds"), and probably has meaningful efficacy against influenza as well (especially when combined with ivermectin), we'll probably enjoy the mildest winter cold/flu season in modern history... especially if more people than usual get flu shots, and if lots of people continue to take ivermectin for prophylaxis (since it has efficacy against influenza-A as well).

by Anonymousreply 38May 23, 2020 5:56 PM

I ain't taking no flu shot, SHEEP!

I had Swine Flu and Legionnaires! My immune is like no other.

by Anonymousreply 39May 23, 2020 6:03 PM

The epidemiologist was right, but his words terrified old, fat diabetic farts to no end.

Fucking lose weight or just gag and die, fatties!

by Anonymousreply 40May 23, 2020 6:08 PM

R38 Why would they take drugs that are proven not to work r38. Go push your disinformation and propaganda somewhere else, you deplorable trash!

by Anonymousreply 41May 23, 2020 7:45 PM

R38 is pushing disinformation and propaganda all over this site! Complete deplorable trash!

by Anonymousreply 42May 23, 2020 7:47 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!