Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Okay DL bitches: Pick out my new laptop?

I need a laptop. Do you have any recommendations? I prefer to buy from Cost Co. I need laptop for:

-Business (MS Office and Zoom)

-Scrivener software program

-some light video editing. (not sure of software program yet)

-Stata (statistical software program)

-Basic Use (internet, Netflix/streaming)

Think I prefer: larger screen, 16ram SSD, lots of memory.. I want something that I can grow into and have for awhile.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 22, 2020 7:08 PM

The link is for Cost Co. But if you have another recommendation for me, post the link or review.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 22, 2020 3:03 AM

Get a MacBook Pro.

by Anonymousreply 2May 22, 2020 3:11 AM

HP is decent.

by Anonymousreply 3May 22, 2020 3:13 AM

Don't get a Mac. They haven't been worth the price in years.

by Anonymousreply 4May 22, 2020 3:15 AM

I need one too.

by Anonymousreply 5May 22, 2020 3:16 AM

Dell. HP is shit.

by Anonymousreply 6May 22, 2020 3:18 AM

Buy a very expensive one. Show Chad and Christopher you can afford nice things too.

by Anonymousreply 7May 22, 2020 3:20 AM

go to cost co dot com to help me. go to the 2 in 1 laptop section. for some reason, i cannot post any link from them

by Anonymousreply 8May 22, 2020 3:26 AM

[quote] Cost Co

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 9May 22, 2020 3:28 AM

ASUS makes nice-looking laptops with great specs at competitive prices.

by Anonymousreply 10May 22, 2020 3:47 AM

HP Envy 360

by Anonymousreply 11May 22, 2020 3:52 AM

Dell used to be good buy went downhill, not sure if they have improved...

I know that many people return Dell laptops at best buy. I asked geek squad when I was at best buy. I bought a HP envy laptop 3 years ago, still in good condition, no problems.

by Anonymousreply 12May 22, 2020 3:56 AM

[quote]Think I prefer: larger screen, 16ram SSD, lots of memory.. I want something that I can grow into and have for awhile.

RAM=memory, so I don't understand what you're talking about. SSD is for the operating system and storage (i.e., replaces the hard drive) and the size is in GB.

by Anonymousreply 13May 22, 2020 7:04 PM

The Lenovo Ideapad is a good brand.

by Anonymousreply 14May 22, 2020 7:08 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!