Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What happened to styrofoam?

I got lunch from McDonald’s today. First time I’ve eaten there in 40 years. The burger came in an ugly cardboard box and the damn thing was cold by the time I got it home. They used to put them in styrofoam, which kept it hot. And the French fries taste nothing like they used to. Absolutely disgusting. I’ll never eat there again.

by Anonymousreply 29May 22, 2020 2:05 PM

I went to McDonald's a few days ago for breakfast and then again for lunch. They screwed up my order both times.

by Anonymousreply 1May 22, 2020 2:45 AM

Welcome back from the coma, OP. You picked a really shitty year to wake up

by Anonymousreply 2May 22, 2020 2:48 AM

[quote] What happened to styrofoam?

SJW's killed it.

by Anonymousreply 3May 22, 2020 2:48 AM

Who eats McDonalds?

by Anonymousreply 4May 22, 2020 2:48 AM

Because it takes a styrofoam cup 500 years to forever to biodegrade.

by Anonymousreply 5May 22, 2020 2:49 AM

"What happened to styrofoam?

SJW's killed it."

This is pretty much how stupid people communicate.

by Anonymousreply 6May 22, 2020 2:52 AM

Their fries are not fit for human consumption and haven’t been for a long time. I don’t know what they are made of, but they become as hard as granite when they cool down and they never spoil. They’re probably as bad for the environment as Styrofoam is.

by Anonymousreply 7May 22, 2020 2:54 AM

Doesn't degrade and can't be put in the microwave.

by Anonymousreply 8May 22, 2020 2:55 AM

I went to McDonald’s for the first time in three months, and they’re charging $1.50 for a shitty flat cheeseburger now when they used to be a dollar not long ago. And it did not even taste great.

by Anonymousreply 9May 22, 2020 2:55 AM

FUCK McDONALDS! FUCK THEM RIGHT IN THE ASS.

by Anonymousreply 10May 22, 2020 2:56 AM

R10 you go girl!

by Anonymousreply 11May 22, 2020 2:57 AM

Stealth scat thread

by Anonymousreply 12May 22, 2020 3:03 AM

Mcdonalds has been using cardboard since at least my childhood in the late 90s, were you in a coma? I understand you don't eat there, I don't eat there either but I know they use cardboard for their stuff.

Mcdonald's fries are made of potato, soybean oil, wheat and sugar. They also have artificial beef flavor which is actually vegetarian.

by Anonymousreply 13May 22, 2020 3:07 AM

Chinese restaurants still use styrofoam.

by Anonymousreply 14May 22, 2020 3:09 AM

r19 the sugar is a mix of sugar and water that is sprayed on the fries when frozen - it is what gives them that golden color and extra crispiness. Random things I wish I didn't know.

by Anonymousreply 15May 22, 2020 3:11 AM

I'm old enough to remember when McDonalds was good. Late 1960s, the hamburgers were real, the fries were heavily salted and the milkshakes tasted great. We will never have fast food that good again.

by Anonymousreply 16May 22, 2020 3:12 AM

[quote]the sugar is a mix of sugar and water that is sprayed on the fries when frozen - it is what gives them that golden color and extra crispiness. Random things I wish I didn't know.

It's better than that nasty cornstarch that Burger King uses. Ugh, their fries are awful. All you taste is the cornstarch coating. I don't think there's any potato in there at all.

by Anonymousreply 17May 22, 2020 3:13 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18May 22, 2020 3:13 AM

Did you ask them to hold the pickle? They always screw that one up.

by Anonymousreply 19May 22, 2020 3:15 AM

I love you r6

by Anonymousreply 20May 22, 2020 3:17 AM

McDonald's fries are flavored to be addictive, but you have to eat then when they're hot for that effect. So you order a small, love it, then get a super-sized next time. I learned that in a nutrition class.

I rarely go to McDonald's but when I do I'll get a Big Mac and small fries. Great when they're hot. But there are a number of local burger joints around here that are far superior, one that cuts their potatoes on site for the best fries ever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21May 22, 2020 3:23 AM

You sound like a fat whore, OP

by Anonymousreply 22May 22, 2020 3:31 AM

All the styrofoam is swirling in the Pacific garbage patch now, OP, go check it out.

by Anonymousreply 23May 22, 2020 3:34 AM

Ann Miller wisely held onto her last styrofoam quarter pounder box.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24May 22, 2020 4:52 AM

Selfish, oblivious Boomer.

by Anonymousreply 25May 22, 2020 5:24 AM

You all are missing the point of this thread. OP hasn’t deigned to eat at McDonald’s in 40 years. Celebrate him!

by Anonymousreply 26May 22, 2020 5:50 AM

The styrofoam was gone long before the SJWs. I think they started phasing that out in the 90s?

by Anonymousreply 27May 22, 2020 5:52 AM

That's when SJWs started, R27.

by Anonymousreply 28May 22, 2020 1:51 PM

[quote]I went to McDonald’s for the first time in three months, and they’re charging $1.50 for a shitty flat cheeseburger now when they used to be a dollar not long ago.

Is it possible that the McDonald's cheeseburger only cost a quarter in 1980? (In Portland, OR.)

by Anonymousreply 29May 22, 2020 2:05 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!