Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Stupidest

A word?

by Anonymousreply 15May 22, 2020 4:35 PM

Merriam-Webster is your friend, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1May 21, 2020 4:38 AM

"What says you?"

Oh, dear, OP. Oh, dear on both counts.

by Anonymousreply 2May 21, 2020 4:39 AM

Most stupid is better maybe.

by Anonymousreply 3May 21, 2020 5:07 AM

No, it isn't, R3:

From Merriam-Webster:

Is stupidest a word? The word stupidest has been in use for hundreds of years; there is nothing wrong with it. Most stupid means the same thing, and people who don't like stupidest should feel free to use it instead.

by Anonymousreply 4May 21, 2020 5:11 AM

Ok then the answer is yes then. Stupid. stupidest Silly. Silliest Dumb. Dumbest Crazy. Craziest

by Anonymousreply 5May 21, 2020 5:19 AM

Go to bed, R5.

by Anonymousreply 6May 21, 2020 5:22 AM

How about “brang”? I have a sister who, although not a Southerner (but a Trump lover), repeatedly uses that in texts. For both present & past tenses.

by Anonymousreply 7May 21, 2020 5:36 AM

Gladly r6.

by Anonymousreply 8May 21, 2020 5:41 AM

[quote] How about “brang”? I have a sister who, although not a Southerner (but a Trump lover), repeatedly uses that in texts. For both present & past tenses.

I'm sorry but your sister should be shot.

by Anonymousreply 9May 21, 2020 5:42 AM

R7 Brought is preferable. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 10May 21, 2020 5:43 AM

I call her on it every time. To no avail.

by Anonymousreply 11May 21, 2020 6:14 AM

I learned in grammar school that any adjective with one or two syllables can be made a superlative with -est. Any adjective having more than two syllables should be preceded by “more” in order to create the superlative form.

It’s a very simple rule.

by Anonymousreply 12May 21, 2020 1:53 PM

" Stupid" is a word that is humiliating to the receiver. It is a word that shows disrespect and disdain. It is a word that should only be used to describe a Trump worshiper. Nowhere else.

by Anonymousreply 13May 21, 2020 2:13 PM

R12 Thanks for that rule. I never learned that one.

by Anonymousreply 14May 22, 2020 1:07 AM

Sorry, did not mean to mix the superlative and comparative , the latter of which I mislabeled as superlative. Obviously, using "more" before an adjective is the comparative, while using "most" designates the superlative.

Just wanted to clarify.

by Anonymousreply 15May 22, 2020 4:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!