Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Minneapolis News Anchor attacked in homophobic incident

Matt Belanger, an Emmy-winning news anchor on KSTP-TV 5 Eyewitness News in Minneapolis, Minnesota, was viciously attacked on his way to work in what police believe was a hate crime fueled by homophobia.

Who wants to nurse him back to health and help him deal with the inevitable PTSD?

Has anyone had him?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40May 24, 2020 6:54 PM

How horrible. I hope he recovers fully.

by Anonymousreply 1May 20, 2020 10:15 AM

They need to show pictures of the piece of shit that attacked him

by Anonymousreply 2May 20, 2020 11:16 AM

Meh. Bland white boy.

by Anonymousreply 3May 20, 2020 11:19 AM

Fuck the breeder that attacked him. I say put HIS eye out.

by Anonymousreply 4May 20, 2020 11:21 AM

It is amazing how often we are victims of violence without broad society noticing. If the attack had been against a black or Jewish person, this case would not be limited to the pages of gay or local news.

by Anonymousreply 5May 20, 2020 11:30 AM

Your wish is my command, R2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 20, 2020 11:35 AM

R3 Hi there, worm. Hope you are crushed to death today. Ta!

by Anonymousreply 7May 20, 2020 11:36 AM

Now he'll have a wonky eye like DL fave Andy Cohen!

by Anonymousreply 8May 20, 2020 11:39 AM

Or a Madame X patch.

by Anonymousreply 9May 20, 2020 11:50 AM

R7=below average incel

by Anonymousreply 10May 20, 2020 12:20 PM

Y'know R5. I HOPE that you're not the kinda gay that rolls his eyes every time you read about racism or sexual harassment.

Blacks and Jews MADE it a big deal when something like that happens. The reason why you can't say anything about Blacks or Jews is because they'll crawl up your ass and come out the other end if you do. It's OUR fault that shit like this doesn't get the kind of coverage you're complaining about.

Get off your computer and do something. Write to the fucking news stations, etc. I mean...don't be mad that those groups have respect because they fought for it.

by Anonymousreply 11May 20, 2020 12:54 PM

Are we sure Ted Baxter wasn't involved?

by Anonymousreply 12May 20, 2020 1:25 PM

The reality is that gay people are still being attacked.

People need to stop believing the propaganda that gay people no longer have struggles or that we've an accepted part of society.

by Anonymousreply 13May 20, 2020 1:50 PM

He's a bow tie kinda guy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 20, 2020 1:52 PM

[quote] The reality is that gay people are still being attacked.

The reality is gays and lesbians keep getting caught faking hate crimes which hasn’t helped. Setting up a Gofundme two seconds later is a dead giveaway. We even have gay YouTubers faking hate crimes.

by Anonymousreply 15May 20, 2020 2:03 PM

From OP's article:

[quote] While in police custody, authorities said Williams “made statements indicating that he assaulted Belanger because he perceived that he was homosexual,”

Why would someone say that AFTER the fact? He just increased his jail term.

by Anonymousreply 16May 20, 2020 2:49 PM

But but... I thought gays weren't oppressed anymore?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17May 20, 2020 3:00 PM

We all know the attacker was a closeted fucking POS who really wanted to kiss Matt.

by Anonymousreply 18May 20, 2020 3:03 PM

r15 People in every demographic category have faked hate crimes, scumbag. Blacks, Jews, whites, Republicans. There's no proof that this is more common among gay people, but there's plenty that real hate crimes happen more often against us. What is the point of bringing up Jussie here? The suspect has already admitted his guilt, idiot. If you're harboring some repressed anger at discussions of gay victimism, Datalounge is not for you. Go to 4chan spread some CP for the lulz in-between sessions of pro-Trump circlejerks and dimwitted attempts at conspiring to push the LGBTP tag to the mainstream.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 20, 2020 3:04 PM

The eye was so blue that day...

by Anonymousreply 20May 20, 2020 4:51 PM

Thanks R6, for some reason I was expecting a white piece of shit, I had imagined some White Power neo-Nazi thing. But a piece of shit by any other name.... is still a piece of shit

[quote] We all know the attacker was a closeted fucking POS who really wanted to kiss Matt.

R18 is on the money here I reckon. And POS was never going to be able to kiss Matt or anyone like him cos he is a hideous piece of shit

R14 Matt is beautiful in that pic

by Anonymousreply 21May 20, 2020 9:29 PM

Is this him?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 20, 2020 11:37 PM

[quote] There's no proof that this is more common among gay people, but there's plenty that real hate crimes happen more often against us.

Whatever helps you sleep, dear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23May 21, 2020 12:44 AM

Oops.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24May 21, 2020 12:44 AM

Uh oh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25May 21, 2020 12:45 AM

We are living in the age of social justice warrior-ism where victimization and oppression grant special privileges and attention.

by Anonymousreply 26May 21, 2020 12:46 AM

Another gay radio host who faked a hate crime. We were actually following this case.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27May 21, 2020 12:48 AM

The bottom line is, in the age of social media and Narcissism, don’t jump the gun and be too eager to hop on the bandwagon. It can backfire, more often than not these days.

by Anonymousreply 28May 21, 2020 12:49 AM

[quote] I mean...don't be mad that those groups have respect because they fought for it.

They have respect because unlike certain groups of people hating them, EVERY group of people hates gay men. People don't call others stupid Jew or say "that's so Jewish".

That's why no one cares, because everyone wants gay men to be their punching bag. They all need someone to hate and everyone silently agrees that gay men are the ones that should be hated. No one hates blacks or Jews as much as gay men are hated.

by Anonymousreply 29May 21, 2020 1:03 AM

[quote]People don't call others stupid Jew or say "that's so Jewish".

Uh, Jew me down. Kike. What bubble do you live in, you antisemitic shit?

by Anonymousreply 30May 21, 2020 1:11 AM

[quote]No one hates blacks or Jews as much as gay men are hated.

Oy vey.

by Anonymousreply 31May 21, 2020 1:11 AM

The largest number of hate crimes are against gays.

Are you saying they are all made up

by Anonymousreply 32May 21, 2020 2:36 AM

R32 Possibly, but can you back that up with statistics? And how does that compare regionally?

by Anonymousreply 33May 21, 2020 3:19 AM

R29 Is this a competition?

by Anonymousreply 34May 21, 2020 9:44 AM

[quote]The bottom line is, in the age of social media and Narcissism

Bingo. It's ALL about monetizing your social media "brand". Getting likes and subscribers is a tough slog if you try to do it legally and ethically. How do you stand out from the pack these days with SO much content out there? Easy. Take a short cut. Fake a sensational "oppressed victim" story that gets you instant national attention, sympathy and cash. People are dumb and fall for it EVERY time. Expect these scams to get worse and more elaborate as people become ever more desperate for their 15 mins.

by Anonymousreply 35May 21, 2020 10:08 AM

The suspect already confessed, dumb scum.

by Anonymousreply 36May 21, 2020 10:12 AM

Good news he's recovering. Vision still blurry in eye what got hit but improving

No word yet on what's going to happen to the worthless POS that hit him

I cant post the link as I get a rejected error, Google Minneapolis and his surname and it comes up from the site of his employer ktsp.com

by Anonymousreply 37May 24, 2020 6:43 PM

Gays need to learn to start carrying a gun in their cars (or at the very least a switchblade 🔪) to protect yourselves. How many acts of violence have to happen before you wake the fuck up? You need to be ready to defend yourselves against sick fucks like this. I always carry a switchblade with me just in case.

I’m just so sick of seeing gays hurt and wish they’d fight back for once.

by Anonymousreply 38May 24, 2020 6:48 PM

So you’re a “good guy” with a gun?

by Anonymousreply 39May 24, 2020 6:53 PM

[quote] I’m just so sick of seeing gays hurt and wish they’d fight back for once.

Most of them don’t fall down and curl up in the fetal position. Most of them are either overpowered, outnumbered or both.

by Anonymousreply 40May 24, 2020 6:54 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!