Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Let's be the Harry and Meghan desk at the Daily Mail

Shade-throwers extraordinaire! What shall we do today...?

by Anonymousreply 29May 25, 2020 4:27 PM

I'm the huge mounds death-threat mail sent in from Megstans. I'm piling up in the corners because no one wants to touch me long enough to open me. Can't be too careful, after all - the crazy may be contagious!

by Anonymousreply 1May 20, 2020 6:22 AM

It's " mounds of death- threat" not " mounds death threat". Does your troll farm supervisor not check your work before you post?

by Anonymousreply 2May 20, 2020 6:43 AM

It's more than 1 desk and we are cackling as we churn out the stories.

by Anonymousreply 3May 20, 2020 7:09 AM

Omg, did anyone ask if she's okay? Not just surviving, but thriving.

by Anonymousreply 4May 20, 2020 7:17 AM

I'm the Megstan sender of one of those the death-threats at r2. I don't know what a sub-editor does. (But if I did, I send the sub's desk some death-threats too, for daring to edit the stories!)

by Anonymousreply 5May 20, 2020 8:15 AM

I'm the intern tasked with digging up embarrassing photos of her. My job is so easy! It practically does itself!

by Anonymousreply 6May 20, 2020 8:56 AM

The H&M desk is often mistaken for the building’s trash dumpster—you know, because of what we do.

by Anonymousreply 7May 20, 2020 9:06 AM

I'm the cub reporter who has to respond to emails every week from another one of Meghan's mystery "friends".

I have to pretend like I don't know they work for Sunshine Sachs/ is Meghan herself as I'm told, again, what a wonderful, humanitarian, earth-changing dynamo Meghan is, and what her latest feelings are this week on how no one ever asks her if she's ok.

I'm always contacted just in time for my story to appear in print at exactly the same day and hour as Kate's latest charity visit is happening.

by Anonymousreply 8May 20, 2020 9:16 AM

I'm the vault in which are locked Meghan's sex tape and a host of other embarrassing materiel scheduled to be time-released just when Meghan thinks it's safe to come out and start grandstanding again about making a difference whilst reminding the world that her husband son have "royal blood".

by Anonymousreply 9May 21, 2020 9:39 PM

We're the Mail on Sunday lawyers defending against the Harkles, very very quietly waiting, tick tock....

by Anonymousreply 10May 21, 2020 9:44 PM

R10, “tick tock, tick tock”...

This post dedicated to those a narcissist attempted to destroy. So many of us.....

by Anonymousreply 11May 21, 2020 9:48 PM

I'm Jan Moir - I write twice as well as that numpty fuckwit, Piers Morgan, why do his rants about the Sussexes always get more column space than mine?

See, I know how to keep it funny, so you won't catch me making any noise about going too far . . .

by Anonymousreply 12May 21, 2020 10:41 PM

I'm the editorial meeting drawing up two possible headlines on the eve of the lawsuit judgement being handed down. One says, 'MEGHAN WINS CASE!" whilst the other says, "MEGHAN LOSES CASE!

If it's the former, we plan to drop one week later the worst info we've dug up on her that we've been holding onto for three years, including proofs. Shame about the legal fees, but we'll make it back in clicks when that story drops . . .

If it's the latter, we open the case of champagne on ice in the boardroom, have the entire staff in, and to the sound of popping corks, begin singing "Who's sorry now?"

End-year bonuses will be upped thanks to the £1 million+ legal costs that will be flowing back into our coffers . . .

We'll hold onto that massively damaging info for use if the bitch fucks with us again.

by Anonymousreply 13May 22, 2020 11:01 PM

Meghan walked around the Queen's Garden Party having a farting Contest with Camilla...and Meghan won.

by Anonymousreply 14May 22, 2020 11:05 PM

My name's Piers, I once fancied myself Addison DeWitt to Meghan's Eve Harrington. She was going to BELONG to me, but she ghosted me so I used my very powerful column to take pokes at her. Then with Covid, I decided I would be a "serious" reporter and got lots of attention for that. Once the pandemic is over and everyone is bored with talking about it, should I go back to being a venomous fishwife?

by Anonymousreply 15May 23, 2020 12:16 AM

I'm the money "angel".

I'm actually Prince Charles, but you're not supposed to know that.

by Anonymousreply 16May 23, 2020 1:07 PM

^*Apologies - that was meant to go into the "Let's Be the Harry and Meghan Musical" thread . . . I hit "Let's Be" too quickly.

R16

by Anonymousreply 17May 23, 2020 1:08 PM

[quote] the £1 million+ legal costs

Is that really the amount that will be owed by MM should the case go in favor of the DM?

by Anonymousreply 18May 23, 2020 7:25 PM

The suit Diana brought against The MIRROR over those gym photos ran well into the seven figures, and that was 25 years ago. The Mirror settled, but had to pay Diana's legal fees. Any damages awarded went to a charity.

So, yes, £1 million+ legal costs on BOTH sides is likely if Meghan refuses either to withdraw the suit or the Mail refuses to settle, which, so far it has.

Consider that the legal fees just for the pretrial hearing in April set back EACH side about £60,000 (which means the Sussexes had to pay £120,000, because the court ruled against the Sussexes - hence Harry's hasty sale of his Purdy hunting rifles, which he inherited, for £60,000), and all the hours of research by lower downs, conferences, conference calls, preparation and submission of court papers, all billed out at the top fees these barristers command. When you really look at it, it's not hard to see how it mounts up.

The Sussexes clearly assumed they'd win it all right down the line, and get their legal fees back. With the pretrial hearing going completely against them, perhaps their assumptions have changed to hopes.

by Anonymousreply 19May 23, 2020 7:37 PM

The winning party doesn’t recover full legal fees. It’s usually a schedule of fees.

by Anonymousreply 20May 23, 2020 10:26 PM

R20 - Whatever that schedule turns out to be, it will hurt the Sussexes far more than it would Associated Papers. Or, rather, it will hurt Prince Charles far more than it will hurt Associated Papers.

by Anonymousreply 21May 23, 2020 11:17 PM

I can't believe that Charles would pay for their legal fees.

Or that Camilla would let him.

Or that his mother would think that was a good idea.

by Anonymousreply 22May 24, 2020 12:11 AM

When the suit was announced the Harkles were all phony coy as usual saying that a "private party" is footing the bill. I suppose Charles is a private party, but at the time a likely suspect was Hugh Grant, who is believed to fund Byline Investigates, a fount of info pertaining to the lawsuit....which hasn't been the bearer of as much good news as he might have wished.

by Anonymousreply 23May 24, 2020 2:02 AM

R22 - Charles is an idiot. He let the boy marry a woman with Opportunist Grifter practically stamped on her forehead, didn't he? He let the taxpayer in for £30 million in expenses even though he and everyone else in the BRF could see the red flags all over this union, didn't he? He married a woman totally unsuited to his temperament who as soon as the engagement was announced began to exhibit nearly uncontrollable narcissistic needs, didn't he - and then let his son marry a woman cut from the same bolt of cloth, didn't he? His son embarrassed the family, kicked it in the teeth, and betrayed his military past, his nation, and his Sovereign, yet Charles is still supporting the two ingrates with several million a year, isn't he?

What makes you think Charles will let Harry dilute his trust fund to pay bills that Harry himself agreed to let his bitch of a wife stick them all with? The trust fund that is Harry's only real source of independent income, marginal as it is compared to that of people who really ARE rich, instead of people whose connection have allowed them to LIVE rich?

Camilla, of course, is another story. But she has to tread carefully, too - it probably isn't worth her relationship with Charles to tell him to deal out some tough love to the boy at last, finally, so that Harry can finally grow the fuck up, and stop being rewarded for being a petulant, whingeing twat.

by Anonymousreply 24May 24, 2020 12:29 PM

I'm the Saturation Counter on the Editor in Chief's desk, checked daily to make sure the paper doesn't exceed the public's appetite for more on the Sussex Saga.

Obviously, I'm still showing not even close to the Red Alert stripe in the 12 o'clock position.

by Anonymousreply 25May 25, 2020 12:58 PM

Does anyone still care about these 2? What's the obsession with making MORE threads about them?

by Anonymousreply 26May 25, 2020 1:43 PM

Even more interesting is the obsession with graying out threads about any royal family.

by Anonymousreply 27May 25, 2020 2:33 PM

Threads about the two of them proliferate because millions of people find their behavior - the endless misjudgements, the tacky grifting, the self-serving faux grievances and their frequent ridiculous pronouncements - entertaining, if seldom in ways that benefit them.

by Anonymousreply 28May 25, 2020 3:49 PM

I'm the staff, packing my meager possessions into a banker's box which I'll put in the trunk of my Chevy when I go to file for unemployment.

by Anonymousreply 29May 25, 2020 4:27 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!