Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Iron Maiden singer's estranged wife found dead in London

Just a year after a divorce which cost Iron Maiden frontman Bruce Dickinson $84.3 million, his ex-wife Paddy Bowden has been found dead in her London apartment.

Paddy Bowden, the estranged wife of Iron Maiden frontman Bruce Dickinson, has been found dead in her London apartment.

Police were called to her flat in Chiswick, west London, around 10am local time on Monday morning.

Just last November it was announced that Dickinson and Bowden were splitting after 29 years of marriage, with the divorce settlement costing Dickinson $A84.3 million.

Dickinson, 61, moved to Paris where he now lives with his new partner, glamorous fitness instructor Leana Dolci.

In a statement, he said, “This is a terrible tragedy which appears to be a tragic accident.”

“Our children Austin, Griffin and Kia and I are devastated. Out of respect for Paddy we won’t be making any further comment at this hugely difficult and painful time for our family.”

Bowden was pronounced dead on arrival, according to the London Ambulance Service.

“We were called at 9:42am today to reports of a person unwell in Barrowgate Road, Chiswick, a spokesperson said.

“We sent two ambulance crews to the scene – the first one arriving within two minutes. Sadly, the patient had already died.”

Dickinson and Bowden married in 1990 after two years together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39June 10, 2020 1:08 AM

But did she Die with her Boots On?

by Anonymousreply 1May 20, 2020 4:02 AM

"“This is a terrible tragedy which appears to be a tragic accident.” "

That means drugs.

by Anonymousreply 2May 20, 2020 4:05 AM

[quote]“Our children Austin, Griffin and Kia and I are devastated. Out of respect for Paddy we won’t be making any further comment at this hugely difficult and painful time for our family.”

Giggle. Snort. Giggle.

by Anonymousreply 3May 20, 2020 4:09 AM

Blind item claims it was a murder.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 20, 2020 5:11 AM

Her last words were "More cowbell ".

by Anonymousreply 5May 20, 2020 5:16 AM

Iron Matron.

by Anonymousreply 6May 20, 2020 6:21 AM

R4 oh no, that doesnt even bear thinking about. It would be the worst possibility, so depressing it’s hard to even joke about it.

Bruce is a beloved cultural figure and a Titan of British music and metal in general. I can’t describe how betrayed millions would feel if it were true that he had Ms. Bowden nobbled. For me personally it would mean a tarnishing on a fundamental cornerstone of my upbringing and my creative self, as well as a blot on the landscape of my country. Mary! me with impunity but I don’t think I’d cope well at all.

That said, I know with experience and age that any man is capable of any Evil -even the ones who make a living singing operationally about the dangers of it. I thought someone like Bruce would be above something so grubby and foul, but bitterly I realise he probably isn’t.

by Anonymousreply 7May 25, 2020 2:55 PM

So how did he murder her? Force pills down her throat? Hard to do when you are in two separate countries. He left someone substantial who raised his children for a fan he fucked. I don't think he killed her but I bet he's happy she's dead.

by Anonymousreply 8May 25, 2020 3:05 PM

I'd never imagine that band made that kind of money. Holy fuck!

by Anonymousreply 9May 25, 2020 3:08 PM

R4, In what world is Iron Maiden considered "a permanent A-list band"? Surprised that liar didn't add a satanic child sex ring into it.

by Anonymousreply 10May 25, 2020 3:15 PM

The Superman he married looks like a creepy sex doll.

by Anonymousreply 11May 25, 2020 3:24 PM

R10 they certainly are A-List. They have global name recognition; they are iconic enough to use as a logo on just about anything; everyone knows it’s them playing after just a few bars. They’re basically the touchstone of English hardrock, the first band most people think of on the subject. They’re one of the pantheon by now.

Which British metal bands come to mind before them, besides the unholy trinity of Priest, Sabbath & Mötorhead? (Zep are overrated prog-rockers so don’t come at me with them).

by Anonymousreply 12May 25, 2020 3:35 PM

Think only the British care. This is way too obscure to a US gay man.

by Anonymousreply 13May 25, 2020 3:45 PM

^ok, perhaps Deep Purple could change places with Mötorhead depending on one’s taste, but there really aren’t many other legendary-status metalheads to put ahead of Maiden.

by Anonymousreply 14May 25, 2020 3:49 PM

^ Metallica. But yes I agree with you. Iron Maiden is iconic in it's genre or any genre really. International domination including the US for metal-heads. Definitely permanent A list. They can and do sell out every arena across the world.

by Anonymousreply 15May 25, 2020 4:11 PM

The heavy metal world, r10.

But they were only important to an older generation.

by Anonymousreply 16May 25, 2020 4:39 PM

[quote]They’re basically the touchstone of English hardrock, the first band most people think of on the subject.

Come again?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17May 25, 2020 4:40 PM

[quote]They’re basically the touchstone of English hardrock, the first band most people think of on the subject.

I think we'll bite r12's head off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18May 25, 2020 4:42 PM

r12 has broken some sort of law!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 25, 2020 4:44 PM

All r12 hears is radio blah-blah!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20May 25, 2020 4:47 PM

R20 Queen are hardly playing in the same genre as Maiden. Come along now.

by Anonymousreply 21May 25, 2020 8:36 PM

R13 perhaps if OP had led with the hot twink Millennial son now bereaved, DL would have jumped on this with more voracity. Poor Austin probably just wants comfort in this time of grief, but as his Dad is busy with the new girlfriend....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 25, 2020 8:39 PM

Iron Maiden was huge in the US. All the metalhead kids had Iron Maiden patches on their denim jackets and the albums and posters.

I’m trying to imagine the hurt and betrayal I’d feel if I had been in her shoes. But I also know women who wind up much happier than they expected after their husbands ditch them for a young chippie. It can be a blow to the ego, but if you’re getting a huge settlement, you can lean into it and be FREE. I remember reading about a woman who was thrilled when she realized that she could finally have the all-pink bathroom she always wanted.

by Anonymousreply 23May 25, 2020 9:06 PM

Queen is most certainly a "touchstone of English hard rock," which is what r12 said and Queen came first. They were much bigger than Iron Maiden.

by Anonymousreply 24May 25, 2020 9:31 PM

Iron Maiden T-shirts with Eddie the Head were big in the '80s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25May 25, 2020 9:32 PM

Black Sabbath is supposed to be the progenitor of heavy metal. Not sure, but maybe they were the first to use that typeface (Old English-ish).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26May 25, 2020 9:49 PM

When did she die?

Two minutes to midnight.

by Anonymousreply 27May 25, 2020 9:50 PM

R24 isn’t Queen more glam rock and just.. rock? Sure, their early work (70s) often ventured into hard rock territory, but I wouldn’t call them a hard rock band per se.

by Anonymousreply 28May 25, 2020 10:15 PM

So does this mean Di’Anno is coming back? Or Blaze?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29May 25, 2020 10:24 PM

So does he get the money back now that she's dead?

by Anonymousreply 30May 26, 2020 12:42 AM

Of course Queen is hard rock and so is Glam Rock.

So is Led Zeppelin. Edumacate yourself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31May 26, 2020 4:54 AM

Why do people go on Instagram and ask for privacy? Why do people wish their spouses HB and their mothers Happy Mother's Day on Instagram? Can you just tell the people who care directly? Can you grieve in private with your loved ones? WTH? Is a GoFundMe page next?

by Anonymousreply 32May 26, 2020 3:42 PM

Awww, dammit, that is just too bad. She would have been perfect as a recurring guest on the next season of Ex Wives Of Rock!

Guess I’ll have to go back to the drawing board and ask Jani for another suggestion next time I astral-channel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33May 26, 2020 5:27 PM

If this case was premeditated foul play over money then that’s some rapacious bullshit.

Iron Maiden are one of the top concert draws in the world and have been for decades. They make more money touring than hundreds of bands combined.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34June 3, 2020 11:48 PM

I always thought he seemed like a cool guy and then he pulled the old midlife crisis thing.

by Anonymousreply 35June 3, 2020 11:55 PM

Yeah R35. The spoken word tour and the greasy grey ponytail like pervy College professor was a little much.

by Anonymousreply 36June 4, 2020 1:59 AM

This is so sad🙈

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37June 4, 2020 12:45 PM

Torn on this one.

It’s too easy to pin a death on the guy who for decades has been singing about Evil in a band with a murderous zombie cannibal as a figurehead. Shades of Satanic Panic.

Then again, Rich Old Dudes are gonna Rich Old Dude no matter who they are.

by Anonymousreply 38June 9, 2020 10:54 AM

r38, anyone who assumes this guy is responsible for this or any other death because of the genre of music he performs in is an idiot. Singing about satanic things for decades doesn't make you evil just like singing about Christ for decades doesn't make you a saint. I have two uncles who, for the past 30 years, have preyed on the elderly, poor, desperate, and stupid by preaching 'the good word' and they are the most conniving, bigoted, hypocritical, underhanded pieces of shit I've ever met.

by Anonymousreply 39June 10, 2020 1:08 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!