Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ruby Rose Quits Batwoman; Role Will Be Recast Ahead of Season 2

Titular Batwoman star Ruby Rose has decided to leave the CW series ahead of Season 2. The role will be recast.

“I have made the very difficult decision to not return to Batwoman next season,” Rose said in a statement. “This was not a decision I made lightly as I have the utmost respect for the cast, crew and everyone involved with the show in both Vancouver and in Los Angeles.”

Maybe I'll actually watch it now. She's undeniably attractive, but watching paint dry is more entertaining than her "acting". Is she finally over?

I wonder what the REAL story is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272November 27, 2020 1:35 PM

Good. She’s a terrible actor.

by Anonymousreply 1May 19, 2020 10:13 PM

Hasn't that set been Accident Central?

by Anonymousreply 2May 19, 2020 10:14 PM

She was told to resign or be fired.

by Anonymousreply 3May 19, 2020 10:15 PM

They should recast the role with one of the Veronicas.

by Anonymousreply 4May 19, 2020 10:15 PM

Her anime hair in The Meg was so distracting.

by Anonymousreply 5May 19, 2020 10:18 PM

I'm glad to see an openly gay actor so embraced by the mainstream but FUCK is she terrible on camera. Even by John Wick 2, they knew to make her character mute.

by Anonymousreply 6May 19, 2020 10:20 PM

Is there enough time for Raven Symone to get in shape?

by Anonymousreply 7May 19, 2020 10:23 PM

Neither Rose, nor the Batwoman producers would speak to the reasons for the actress’ exit so early into the series’ life, though sources indicated that it is not related to the stunt injury she sustained during filming of Season 1, which left her facing paralysis and needing emergency surgery.

In a joint statement, Berlanti Prods. and WBTV reaffirmed their commitment to Batwoman and to casting another LGBTQ actress in the groundbreaking role.

“Warner Bros. Television, The CW and Berlanti Productions thank Ruby for her contributions to the success of our first season and wish her all the best,” the two companies said. “The studio and network are firmly committed to Batwoman’s second season and long-term future, and we — along with the show’s talented creative team — look forward to sharing its new direction, including the casting of a new lead actress and member of the LGBTQ community, in the coming months.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 19, 2020 10:26 PM

Cynthia Erivo probably doesn't want to be tied to a series.

by Anonymousreply 9May 19, 2020 10:28 PM

Replace the show with one with a gay male lead.

Why is Berlanti, a gay man, giving so little space to his kind?

by Anonymousreply 10May 19, 2020 10:29 PM

R8, the lack of comment speaks volumes. Obviously she’s a pain in the ass and she can’t act.

by Anonymousreply 11May 19, 2020 10:29 PM

Thanks goodness. Her hideous tattoos are insufferable and she's totally annoying; not that I am going to watch it anyway.

by Anonymousreply 12May 19, 2020 10:30 PM

[Quote] Why is Berlanti, a gay man, giving so little space to his kind?

Bitch, is you crazy?

by Anonymousreply 13May 19, 2020 10:30 PM

Has Ashley Benson not worked in a while?

by Anonymousreply 14May 19, 2020 10:31 PM

I say this with love, but she was difficult to watch in the meg. Not sure what power lesbian is behind her unearned career. Jenji Kohan?

by Anonymousreply 15May 19, 2020 10:34 PM

R15 it's because she's hot. When she premiered on Orange, she was everywhere as a "girl crush". Her first purchase after hitting it big should've been acting lessons. A LOT of them.

by Anonymousreply 16May 19, 2020 10:36 PM

The accident during Season 1 was rumored to be pretty bad. She apparently never trusted production after the accident. Hate her acting, but I cannot blame her for wanting to remain in one piece.

by Anonymousreply 17May 19, 2020 10:37 PM

Yikes. I've never watched this show but having to replace the titular character? That's a shitshow.

by Anonymousreply 18May 19, 2020 10:40 PM

Wasn't there a production assistant who ended up paralysed. Rose is the only crew member to have an accident.

by Anonymousreply 19May 19, 2020 10:42 PM

*Rose isn't

by Anonymousreply 20May 19, 2020 10:43 PM

Stephanie Beatriz should replace her.

by Anonymousreply 21May 19, 2020 10:44 PM

How lucky she has a one year contract to be able to walk away and not the standard seven year one every other series actor gets.

by Anonymousreply 22May 19, 2020 10:44 PM

I think most actors are only given one year contacts for their debut season.

by Anonymousreply 23May 19, 2020 10:45 PM

I am pretty certain Rose was not the only one to suffer a horrible accident in that production. Didn't SAGAFTRA almost got them to shut down?

by Anonymousreply 24May 19, 2020 10:51 PM

I don't think this is the face of a leading lady.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25May 19, 2020 10:51 PM

Doesn’t Ellen need another job?

by Anonymousreply 26May 19, 2020 10:54 PM

It's clear the producers are paving the way for Faye Dunaway's triumphant return to episodic television.

Good for them

by Anonymousreply 27May 19, 2020 11:01 PM

Anything with 'bat' in the title should be a campy romp. But I know it's probably another dark, dreary slog where no one smiles and everyone looks constipated.

by Anonymousreply 28May 19, 2020 11:01 PM

Agreed R3. They gave her the opportunity to save face by letting her say she was leaving of her own accord. The real story will come out when she can't get another job and she needs some publicity.

by Anonymousreply 29May 19, 2020 11:14 PM

Why fire her? It's not news that she's a bad actress.

by Anonymousreply 30May 19, 2020 11:17 PM

Well they introduced the Hush character to the show and in the comics Hush eventually has plastic surgery to look like Bruce Wayne. So Hush in the show has now gone from looking like Gabriel Mann to now looking like Warren Christie.

by Anonymousreply 31May 19, 2020 11:17 PM

I remember she had that injury.

Whatever her reasoning, this is a big blow to trying to make the world's first gay and mainstream super hero happen.

by Anonymousreply 32May 19, 2020 11:18 PM

Rebecca Black IS Batwoman!

by Anonymousreply 33May 19, 2020 11:19 PM

They definitely didnt fire her being a bad actress, plenty of bad actors are working. You work around it.

Obviously they didn't like working with her, and she didn't like working with them. It must have been a shitshow of a set and everybody wants out. Only way I can see something this drastic happening.

by Anonymousreply 34May 19, 2020 11:19 PM

“Wish her the best” = fuck you, bitch

by Anonymousreply 35May 19, 2020 11:19 PM

Her ex-fiance, one of the Veronicas, accused her of online stalking after their break up.

by Anonymousreply 36May 19, 2020 11:20 PM

Ruby Rose was flirting hardcore with Keke Palmer on a talk show a while back. They seemed to have history. Maybe they should look into having Palmer take over the role.

by Anonymousreply 37May 19, 2020 11:21 PM

My choice for her replacement would definitely be Lens Dunham

by Anonymousreply 38May 19, 2020 11:34 PM

Prayer to the Gay Gods that this Basic Bitch is OVER now

by Anonymousreply 39May 19, 2020 11:36 PM

COlton doesn't count as a leading man. Berlanti needs to do gay main characters, stat.

by Anonymousreply 40May 19, 2020 11:36 PM

Lesbian is more palatable to the GP.

by Anonymousreply 41May 19, 2020 11:50 PM

Berlanti only deals in trannies, bulldaggers, chicks with dicks... definitely no gay male characters.

by Anonymousreply 42May 20, 2020 12:01 AM

R42, did you see Love, Simon?

by Anonymousreply 43May 20, 2020 12:06 AM

I'm available.

by Anonymousreply 44May 20, 2020 12:29 AM

We demand a transsexual Batwoman

by Anonymousreply 45May 20, 2020 12:30 AM

Candis Cayne, come on down!

by Anonymousreply 46May 20, 2020 12:32 AM

Unknown actors who are given a massive break like this -- the starring role in an hour long network drama -- do NOT walk away from it willingly. Certainly not after the series has been renewed. It is highly unlikely that they will ever see another opportunity of the like ever again. So something is definitely up. She must have ticked someone off.

by Anonymousreply 47May 20, 2020 12:46 AM

She had a terrible reputation in her native Australia.

by Anonymousreply 48May 20, 2020 12:48 AM

R47 she's not unknown. She's had a few very good years (based entirely on her looks, as her acting is terrible)

by Anonymousreply 49May 20, 2020 12:48 AM

She’s an arsehole.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50May 20, 2020 12:50 AM

Yes Ruby Rose was absolutely not an "unknown" before this show, that was a weird wording. Its not like Berlanti plucked her out of an Urbam Outfitters.

by Anonymousreply 51May 20, 2020 12:50 AM

Her entrance here is odd. I guess she didn't appreciate the male host trying to shepherd her to her seat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52May 20, 2020 12:57 AM

[quote]Unknown actors who are given a massive break like this -- the starring role in an hour long network drama -- do NOT walk away from it willingly.

Two points: first ...

[quote]Yes Ruby Rose was absolutely not an "unknown" before this show, that was a weird wording. Its not like Berlanti plucked her out of an Urbam Outfitters.

What R51 said. People were complaining about how much they hated her when they announced her as part of the cast of Orange it the New Black based upon what they'd seen of her from her her hosting days which lasted for many, many years.

But you are right R47, CW lead jobs on their DC shows is a cushy gig. Those things go on forever, even if the ratings would have gotten them booted off of another network. That would have been a minimum five years there plus all the convention appearances she could have handled.

[quote]Why is Berlanti, a gay man, giving so little space to his kind?

He and Ryan Murphy will hire gay actors but they won't necessarily let them carry a project alone.

by Anonymousreply 53May 20, 2020 1:04 AM

Murphy tried with "The New Normal."

by Anonymousreply 54May 20, 2020 1:06 AM

r50 Butch lesbians combine straight male levels of aggressiveness with straight female levels of self-control.

by Anonymousreply 55May 20, 2020 1:08 AM

I guess it's lucky that Batwoman's sister is so good at performing plastic surgery. She just has to kidnap Batwoman, do her magic and -- voila! -- same character with a new face!

by Anonymousreply 56May 20, 2020 1:25 AM

I'm shocked Berlanti hasn't announced a new CW series based around Henry Darger's Vivian Girls and the Glandeco-Angelian War.

Cause you know what they had between their legs...

by Anonymousreply 57May 20, 2020 1:28 AM

[quote]Murphy tried with "The New Normal."

Yup and we saw what happened with that although Andrew was carrying the show just as much as straight Justin Bartha.

At least Berlanti tried with Batwoman and was generally successful but it's also 7 years later.

by Anonymousreply 58May 20, 2020 1:37 AM

R52

She was so rude to Michael and he was only trying to be polite. I give him props for that and holding it together through the interview.

by Anonymousreply 59May 20, 2020 1:47 AM

It didn't really make sense why Michael almost met her as she came out of the curtain. It was like they thought she mightn't manage the stairs alone?

by Anonymousreply 60May 20, 2020 1:50 AM

I hope the real tea comes out. Like others have said, she didn't quit. It was a leave with some dignity scenario. But either way, everyone knows she was fired.

This will seriously damage her career, or what's left of it.

by Anonymousreply 61May 20, 2020 2:01 AM

What is so big that would have forced her out, though? If she were a guy, I would have guessed some nasty Me Too-related story was about to come out.

by Anonymousreply 62May 20, 2020 2:04 AM

R8 sounds like a "You quit and we let you keep your reputation ... for now " deal to me .

by Anonymousreply 63May 20, 2020 2:08 AM

isn't she a heroin addict?

by Anonymousreply 64May 20, 2020 2:11 AM

R62 I assume it's diva antics to the extreme.

by Anonymousreply 65May 20, 2020 2:13 AM

Maybe she'll be the new Shelley Hack.

by Anonymousreply 66May 20, 2020 2:14 AM

It had nothing to do with the accident - it had everything to do with the aftermath of the accident. The insurance to keep her as the lead was astronomical given the severity of her injuries. It would leave production open to a host of liabilities where she was concerned. In short, it gave her too much power over the show. It was cheaper to pay her off and have her make a statement about leaving. With Amell out of Arrow and Batwoman having a meh season - the whole franchise need a refresh.

by Anonymousreply 67May 20, 2020 2:18 AM

So someone fill me in (thanks in advance)

Did Batwoman actually have sex with another woman in the first season? Was she in a relationship?

I have never watched it and only have slight knowledge of Rose.

by Anonymousreply 68May 20, 2020 2:20 AM

[Quote] the severity of her injuries

Will it affect insuring her on other shows? Non-action shows?

by Anonymousreply 69May 20, 2020 2:21 AM

[quote] Why is Berlanti, a gay man, giving so little space to his kind?

I ask the same of Ryan Murphy and most gay writers who still write straight main characters.

by Anonymousreply 70May 20, 2020 2:24 AM

Her accident couldn't have been that bad if she was hitting the talk show circuit less than a month later.

by Anonymousreply 71May 20, 2020 2:24 AM

r69 No - the liability is on the part of the show. She will probably have a higher insurance rate on jobs that involve stunts and more than likely she will ask for a stunt person wherever possible.

by Anonymousreply 72May 20, 2020 2:28 AM

But are shows less likely to book her over that?

by Anonymousreply 73May 20, 2020 2:29 AM

She can’t act for shit, and apparently can’t move well enough for an action show, sounds to me like they gave her the boot but allowed her to save face.

Wonder if she’ll get another show right away if she keeps her mouth shut and plays ball.

by Anonymousreply 74May 20, 2020 2:40 AM

R52 that interview was awkward.

R62 there was a blind item about Ruby harassing women on set.

R67 Batwoman didn't have a meh season.

R68 she had a relationship and slept with a few women.

by Anonymousreply 75May 20, 2020 2:43 AM

CW writers being shady.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76May 20, 2020 2:46 AM

She is not a good actress.

by Anonymousreply 77May 20, 2020 2:49 AM

She's more a villain Catwoman type, anyway, with that bad girl vibe. Wrong casting for Batwoman.

by Anonymousreply 78May 20, 2020 2:50 AM

She would've made Halle Berry look like Michelle Pfeiffer R78

by Anonymousreply 79May 20, 2020 2:53 AM

I actually believe Deadline when they said that both sides were pretty much over the other side.

There was some famous movie actress who ended up booking a TV series and said she really wasn't prepared for what it's like to do a television show but at the same time she was just happy to have a job and didn't want to complain. A movie she'd shoot over the course of a few months, a tv series she was doing a new episode every week for months. It was an adjustment.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ruby Rose, who has either played "herself" as a TV DJ or did minor roles here and there just wasn't ready to be the lead of a show. Many other actors would have had a few more roles under their belt before they got that opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 80May 20, 2020 3:29 AM

"I hear the two sides mutually decided to part ways after recently reflecting on the first season and its challenges. Shot in Vancouver, Batwoman produced 20 episodes of its 22-episode Season 1, cut short by the coronavirus pandemic, with the makeshift season finale airing this past Sunday.

Doing a network drama is one of the hardest acting jobs, and not everyone is well equipped to handle the intensity and long hours involved. I hear Rose, whose most extensive previous TV gig was a nine-episode arc on Orange Is the New Black, was not happy, and the show’s team was not happy to a point where noone could see this going for another season. It was not a good fit, and the studio and the star opted to part ways."

Get someone who can emote.

by Anonymousreply 81May 20, 2020 3:33 AM

They should have gone with a different actress to begin with instead of picking Rose for the publicity. I'm sure she didn't like that Rachel/Alice has quickly become a fan favourite and is a better actress.

by Anonymousreply 82May 20, 2020 3:39 AM

These DCTV shows also film for almost about 9 months out of the year and according to Grant Gustin it's one of the main reasons why the leads especially aren't able to do that many projects outside of the show especially movies.

by Anonymousreply 83May 20, 2020 6:27 AM

I hope it means that this horrible person will disappear from the public eye shortly.

by Anonymousreply 84May 20, 2020 6:31 AM

Poor baby had to work all the time and not chase girls on Instagram while abusing service workers.

by Anonymousreply 85May 20, 2020 6:36 AM

R83 which Ruby would already know.....

by Anonymousreply 86May 20, 2020 6:48 AM

Maybe they'll cast Rubirosa to replace her.

by Anonymousreply 87May 20, 2020 7:27 AM

[quote]I'm sure she didn't like that Rachel/Alice has quickly become a fan favourite and is a better actress.

They should have cast her as Batwoman from the start. She already played a superhero on Birds of Prey years ago and she was a hot as hell valkyrie on a show called Lost Girl. (If you haven't seen that show, especially if you are a lesbian, you should check it out!) She's a better actress, she's better looking, and she can kick ass. They should have an episode where they do some sort of brain switch and then Rose is killed off thereby making Alice the new Batwoman.

by Anonymousreply 88May 20, 2020 7:31 AM

[quote]Her ex-fiance, one of the Veronicas, accused her of online stalking after their break up.

With respect, for the Millennial and Zoomer generations, looking someone up on Facebook after breaking up is "online stalking."

by Anonymousreply 89May 20, 2020 7:37 AM

[Quote] They should have cast her as Batwoman from the start. She already played a superhero on Birds of Prey years ago and she was a hot as hell valkyrie on a show called Lost Girl. (If you haven't seen that show, especially if you are a lesbian, you should check it out!) She's a better actress, she's better looking, and she can kick ass. They should have an episode where they do some sort of brain switch and then Rose is killed off thereby making Alice the new Batwoman.

I haven't seen Birds Of Prey but I knew Rachel was in it. She's done a good job as Alice (but i'm sick of the character). They have already said that they will be going with another lgbt actress. Making Alice the new Batwoman is a terrible idea and i think Meagan is the prettiest out the bunch. I reckon they should just Ashley Platz a chance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90May 20, 2020 7:55 AM

I suggested up thread that Stephanie Beatriz should replace her. She’s tweeted that she’d be interested in the role.

by Anonymousreply 91May 20, 2020 10:20 AM

[quote] reaffirmed their commitment to Batwoman and to casting another LGBTQ actress in the groundbreaking role.

Rosie O'Donnell is eagerly awaiting that phone call.

by Anonymousreply 92May 20, 2020 10:30 AM

I wonder if the last straw was Ruby becoming addicted to opioids thanks to her injury from filming?

The pressure to perform on schedule is pretty brutal.

by Anonymousreply 93May 20, 2020 11:23 AM

Thank God. AS everyone said, she was a terrible actress. No emotion. She had no chemistry with anyone. Hopefully this is a new revamp for the show.

by Anonymousreply 94May 20, 2020 11:30 AM

Getting called awful by everyone and their mother, finally did her in.

by Anonymousreply 95May 20, 2020 11:36 AM

A pretty face replaced by another pretty face. She will be forgotten in a month.

by Anonymousreply 96May 20, 2020 12:59 PM

Well, I have no doubt that she was forced to leave, BUT I thought her acting was on par with the show. It's a TERRIBLE show.

by Anonymousreply 97May 20, 2020 12:59 PM

Kim Basinger's daughter is gay/bi, right?

by Anonymousreply 98May 20, 2020 1:02 PM

sources confirm to TVLine that the split was — at best — a mutual one.

“It wasn’t 100-percent her decision,” concedes a source close to the show. “It was a breakup. She wasn’t happy working on the show, and did that make her fun to work with? No. So everyone decided it would be in the best interests of the show, and for all concerned, if they parted ways. It just wasn’t a good fit.”

According to an insider, Rose — coming off the features John Wick: Chapter 2 and The Meg — was distressed by the long hours demanded of a lead TV role and did not acclimate well to life in Vancouver (where the show shoots).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99May 20, 2020 4:51 PM

Update!

Ruby Rose wanted off Batwoman — and no one was going to stand in her way.

Although the actress’ sudden, surprising departure from The CW superhero drama after just one season was framed on Tuesday as her choice and her choice alone, sources confirm to TVLine that the split was — at best — a mutual one.

“It wasn’t 100-percent her decision,” concedes a source close to the show. “It was a breakup. She wasn’t happy working on the show, and did that make her fun to work with? No. So everyone decided it would be in the best interests of the show, and for all concerned, if they parted ways. It just wasn’t a good fit.”

According to an insider, Rose — coming off the features John Wick: Chapter 2 and The Meg — was distressed by the long hours demanded of a lead TV role and did not acclimate well to life in Vancouver (where the show shoots). Batwoman marked the actress’ first full-time series gig, following her debut as the Scarlet Knight in the Arrowverse’s December 2018 “Elseworlds” crossover and a short arc on Orange Is the New Black.

Reps for Warner Bros. and The CW declined to comment for this story. Rose’s spokesperson, meanwhile, could not be reached for comment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100May 20, 2020 4:52 PM

I wonder if he thought she'd sign up for a mini series with like 8 - 12 episodes per year max?

by Anonymousreply 101May 20, 2020 5:04 PM

I hope she's cast in something with Betty Lynn.

by Anonymousreply 102May 20, 2020 5:06 PM

My vote is for Chrissy Metz as the next Batwoman.

by Anonymousreply 103May 20, 2020 5:07 PM

Love when actors cry over the long hours. It's the crew working the long hours. They have trailers and dressing rooms to crash in while everyone else still works. boo fucking hoo

by Anonymousreply 104May 20, 2020 5:10 PM

And the crew probably have a better time of it. Time goes slowly when you can do nothing but wait. And long hours can still fuck up your quality of life outside work.

by Anonymousreply 105May 20, 2020 5:18 PM

R104 I saw alot of comments on Reddit about how bad the hours are on CW shows. Some said Stephen struggled with it, Tom Welling nearly crashed his car and Chyler had to stand guard outside Melissa's trailer so she could get some sleep on the SG set.

by Anonymousreply 106May 20, 2020 5:20 PM

And complaining about living in Vancouver??

She sounds special.

by Anonymousreply 107May 20, 2020 5:27 PM

R106 and all those actors eventually got used to it and made it work

by Anonymousreply 108May 20, 2020 5:29 PM

Still, forcing out the lead actor is a dramatic move. How many TV series had diva actors in main roles? Lots. How many of these actors were fired well before series finale? Hardly any.

They're definitely underselling the story.

by Anonymousreply 109May 20, 2020 5:53 PM

Mandy Patinkin?

by Anonymousreply 110May 20, 2020 5:53 PM

She could go back to Australia and do a series there since their seasons have less than half the number of episodes of a US series.

But given the hit the entertainment industry has taken due to Covid, she should have toughened up and stuck it out. Plus now she has the reputation of someone who may be difficult to work with.

Hope she saved her money.

by Anonymousreply 111May 20, 2020 6:01 PM

[quote]Chyler had to stand guard outside Melissa's trailer so she could get some sleep on the SG set.

Maybe she could get a little rest if she wasn't taking cock so often.

by Anonymousreply 112May 20, 2020 8:06 PM

[quote]Some said Stephen struggled with it, Tom Welling nearly crashed his car and Chyler had to stand guard outside Melissa's trailer so she could get some sleep on the SG set.

Let's not forget what the long hours did to the cast on Riverdale.

I mean it's not a bad problem to have when you're making money and getting attention as an actor but it seems like sometimes they go overboard to stay on schedule.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113May 20, 2020 10:56 PM

[quote] My vote is for Chrissy Metz as the next Batwoman.

Dinosaurs were predecessors of birds, not mammals such as bats.

by Anonymousreply 114May 20, 2020 10:56 PM

Someone on twitter claiming she was fired and no one on set is sorry to see her go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115May 20, 2020 11:00 PM

She is stunningly beautiful at r115. I wonder if they'll style her replacement similarly, or if it will be like Halley Berry as Catwoman (after Pfeiffer).

by Anonymousreply 116May 20, 2020 11:03 PM

Yes, she’s beautiful, but those tattoos make her look cheap and mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 117May 20, 2020 11:05 PM

I hated the show at first, but I have to say she grew on me. She's fucking beautiful, but if she's a pain in the ass, I can see why they let her go. I was really only watching it for the scenes of her fucking women, but hey, I will check out the new actress when they find one.

by Anonymousreply 118May 20, 2020 11:05 PM

My first thought is that someone should sit these people down and tell them that they could be set for life financially from 7 years on a TV show (not to mention the convention appearances during and long afterwards). But I guess most have people in their ears telling them that they could be part of bigger and better projects that don't demand as much time.

by Anonymousreply 119May 20, 2020 11:05 PM

[Quote] I will check out the new actress when they find one.

Do you have any casting ideas?

by Anonymousreply 120May 20, 2020 11:06 PM

She "started" to be addicted to opioids after her surgery? LOL!

by Anonymousreply 121May 20, 2020 11:18 PM

I like Ashley Benson for the replacement. She’s cute, has proven she can handle a lead role on a Network drama, and is at least bi. Plus she’s definitely a better actor than Rose.

by Anonymousreply 122May 20, 2020 11:23 PM

Welling got a driver after that near accident. Many actors have drivers that take them back and forth to the set and back home.

Who would complain about working in Vancouver? It looks like a beautiful city.

She probably did get fired. We might never find out.

by Anonymousreply 123May 20, 2020 11:52 PM

[quote] Who would complain about working in Vancouver? It looks like a beautiful city.

Ever read one of the Vancouver threads?

by Anonymousreply 124May 21, 2020 12:33 AM

She was injured doing stunts but she said that wasn't why she left.

by Anonymousreply 125May 21, 2020 12:34 AM

They do r119. What do you think agents and managers do before they even put names into the network? And what makes you think actors are smart enough to understand words that are coming out of people’s mouths? Especially a dimwit like Rose?

by Anonymousreply 126May 21, 2020 1:18 AM

[quote] A pretty face replaced by another pretty face.

I don’t think she has a pretty face at all. I think she’s harsh looking & they cover her face in makeup to try & disguise it. She has a common looking Irish face but is tall & thin and makes for a good clothes hanger.

by Anonymousreply 127May 21, 2020 1:55 AM

[quote]Berlanti Prods. and WBTV reaffirmed their commitment to Batwoman and to casting another LGBTQ actress in the groundbreaking role.

Announcing this is a really stupid idea. WHO CARES if an actor is gay or straight? They're playing a role, you know, acting! It's also against the law to exclude, or hire based on sexual orientation, even if you think you are doing the world a big fat favor by doing so. You're not. You're breaking the law according to Title VII of The Civil Rights Act.

by Anonymousreply 128May 21, 2020 2:10 AM

R128

I CARE because openly gay actors really need work and they have been denied opportunities because they're openly gay.

by Anonymousreply 129May 21, 2020 2:15 AM

You can't ask an actor if they're straight/gay etc. But if the actor is openly gay/bi, the producers don't have to worry about legal/illegal.

by Anonymousreply 130May 21, 2020 2:26 AM

[Quote] WHO CARES if an actor is gay or straight?

Lots of people care. How many leading men or women do you know who are openly gay/bi?

by Anonymousreply 131May 21, 2020 2:27 AM

I see you brainiacs have missed the boat completely!

It matters not if you are openly gay, or someone doesn't have to ask! It's like one's race or ethnicity you dopes! You cannot say "we won't be casting any black/asian/straight people". Regardless of one's desire to be a SjW righting all wrongs you can, you cannot announce you are hiring according to sexual preference! It's against the law.

PS I am a gay actor and I play every kind of character, I live this reality, but announcing it is illegal and bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 132May 21, 2020 3:27 AM

If it were against the law, they wouldn't be doing it. They have a team of lawyers at every network.

by Anonymousreply 133May 21, 2020 3:31 AM

Ruby Rose is strident, tone-deaf, unattractive and way too militant. She is essentially a relic from 2018.

Even in her interview on Kelly and Ryan's show, she was absolutely charmless. And ruthlessly tattooed.

I have been waiting for this moment.

by Anonymousreply 134May 21, 2020 4:08 AM

[quote]Ruby Rose is strident, tone-deaf, unattractive and way too militant. She is essentially a relic from 2018.

Haha! Has the culture changed that much?

by Anonymousreply 135May 21, 2020 4:26 AM

[quote]If it were against the law, they wouldn't be doing it. They have a team of lawyers at every network.

What do you work for the Trump Administraton?

by Anonymousreply 136May 21, 2020 4:27 AM

R122 no to Ashley. If it's true that Ruby's an addict, they're not going to have much luck with Ashley. There's a reason she hasn't worked much since PLL ended.

by Anonymousreply 137May 21, 2020 6:36 AM

She’s very pretty. I wish she didn’t have all those dang tattoos!

by Anonymousreply 138May 21, 2020 6:50 AM

R138 less is definitely more when it comes to tattoos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139May 21, 2020 6:59 AM

She used to fight with Josh Thomas on social media in their early days in Australia about the pettiest shit

by Anonymousreply 140May 21, 2020 11:17 AM

Angela Lansbury carried a series alone for 12 years where he was in almost every scene. (Season 6 and 7 when she cut her work load not withstanding). She didn't have stunt doubles who did all the heavy lifting. If she can do it so can these young people.

by Anonymousreply 141May 21, 2020 11:31 AM

As someone who loves DC superheroes but is sick of all of the bisexual female characters on TV, I was surprised to greatly enjoy RR's Kate Kane/Batwoman. She comes across as an authentic GAY person.

We need GAY actors on television playing GAY characters.

I shudder to think about what "LGBTQA+?" actors Berlanti is considering.

by Anonymousreply 142May 21, 2020 1:01 PM

Probably Cara Delevingne

by Anonymousreply 143May 21, 2020 1:10 PM

Wouldn't it be interesting if Kristen Stewart is picked to play Batwoman as her ex RobP plays batman

by Anonymousreply 144May 21, 2020 1:11 PM

I don't think Kristen or Cara have been reduced to the CW yet.

by Anonymousreply 145May 21, 2020 1:15 PM

Kristen has not but Cara is at most a B minus-lister.

by Anonymousreply 146May 21, 2020 1:17 PM

RR was fired and they let her quit to save face. She was terrible on the show and the director's complained about her every episode. Berlanti can't stand her. Also she's a borderline junkie.

by Anonymousreply 147May 21, 2020 1:20 PM

Cara has a show on Amazon Prime with DL Fave, Orlando Bloom.

She plays a bisexual fairy. What a stretch.

by Anonymousreply 148May 21, 2020 1:27 PM

r141, Angela Lansbury wasn't riding motorcycles or doing wirework. I'm sure she did some stunts, but if they need a double for this.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149May 21, 2020 1:34 PM

The "gay actor" above shrieking with spittle flying about "It's illegal!!!!! BLEARGGGGGGGHHHH!!!" who plays all kinds of roles, NO ONE finds you convincing in the least in any of your non-mincing gay roles. NO ONE.

by Anonymousreply 150May 21, 2020 1:51 PM

IIRC, it was Ruby who insisted that she must do her own stunts. I recall reading some mockery of that pretension on Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 151May 21, 2020 2:36 PM

Ellen is waiting on a call from Berlanti

by Anonymousreply 152May 21, 2020 2:36 PM

From ONTD

[Quote] My friend works on the show. Here's some of the goss he's shared with me on her: Bscly she was a terror on set in every way. Constantly late (sometimes by over 3 hours, and often she was in her trailer, just didn't want to film), constantly complaining about everything, especially about hours and weather and production speed, making unreasonable demands, snarky and unfriendly to the crew (wouldn't voluntarily speak to them and if anyone but the DP/dept. head spoke to her she'd be extremely cold and act like they were wasting her time). She was a total diva about her stunts (refused to do jack shit, and then would lie to the media about how much she participated in stunt work- the majority of shots in costume that aren't close ups are not her, even when she's not doing stunts), and after she injured herself she was a million times worse, and was constantly citing her injury for being late, can't do this, can't do that, demanding things, refusing to work on certain days, even tho she had been medically cleared, and essentially majorly overplayed everything, including, again, what she told the media. There were several times the crew was left hanging for hours on night shoots outside in the rain because she flat out refused to come to set until weather cleared, and would sometimes just refuse altogether and leave. She wasted a HUGE amount of money for the studio on this shit, and majorly pissed off the crew who would be ready to go on time and left sitting in the cold and rain all night waiting for her (they had a much higher ratio of night shooting than most shows, for obv reasons). Not to mention the fact that she is a terrible actress and would need a high number of takes to get usable footage, something which also irritated her further and made her harder to work with because she was constantly impatient and defensive.

by Anonymousreply 153May 21, 2020 2:59 PM

It sounds like she was in way over her head and she knows it.

by Anonymousreply 154May 21, 2020 3:06 PM

I live for comments like those at R153. She’s obviously a grade-A cunt.

by Anonymousreply 155May 21, 2020 3:21 PM

Wow, the anti-lesbian group that's been gunning for Ellen is now after Ruby Rose with their lies.

by Anonymousreply 156May 21, 2020 4:04 PM

r153, that's pretty much Vin Diesel in a nutshell. But he doesn't complain, he's playing video games.

by Anonymousreply 157May 21, 2020 4:38 PM

R157 makes sense why Ruby and Vin are friends. I think they're doing another XXX movie 😄

by Anonymousreply 158May 21, 2020 4:45 PM

[quote] There were several times the crew was left hanging for hours on night shoots outside in the rain because she flat out refused to come to set until weather cleared,

Why would any show shoot outdoors in the rain at night?

by Anonymousreply 159May 21, 2020 5:25 PM

[quote]Why would any show shoot outdoors in the rain at night?

You just can't grab a crew and shoot anywhere. All of those things have to be scheduled and permits acquired for that date and time period.

So if it starts raining when you've already scheduled everyone to be there and the city has given you permission to be there then tough luck. You've got to shoot.

Also there's the matter of how much rain. You probably don't want to shoot in a lot of rain. There's a difference between that and controlled rain. If it wasn't raining that bad then yeah, it's not a good look when the crew it out there and wants to get the whole thing over with and you refuse to join them.

Finally, it's a Batman thing, of course they're going to have exteriors at night.

by Anonymousreply 160May 21, 2020 6:19 PM

Her career is finished. Who would want to work with this whiny cunt? Hopefully Vin makes more XXX movies.

by Anonymousreply 161May 21, 2020 7:44 PM

With a name like Ruby Rose, you'd think she would've been cast in a Marvel project.

by Anonymousreply 162May 21, 2020 7:48 PM

Sandy Duncan is available!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163May 21, 2020 8:05 PM

She’ll work again, but not in this capacity. I’m not really sure why they cast her to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 164May 21, 2020 10:20 PM

[quote]she was constantly impatient and defensive

I bet you anything this was the main problem.

These sorts of people are the absolute worst in any work environment, whether they are good at their jobs or not.

by Anonymousreply 165May 21, 2020 11:38 PM

[Quote] I’m not really sure why they cast her to begin with.

Because they chose to go with a big name instead of an unknown who would be a better fit for Kate.

by Anonymousreply 166May 22, 2020 4:38 AM

I wonder if Jessica Parker Kennedy will come out as bi or queer to have a shot as Batwoman? Or did she get the lead in the Buffy reboot after she campaigned for it in public?

No snark, I love her.

by Anonymousreply 167May 22, 2020 7:17 AM

R167 is the Buffy reboot still happening?? And JPK is already part of The Flash. If they made Batwoman black, it would be a mess. The backlash Sophie's been getting is bad enough.

by Anonymousreply 168May 22, 2020 7:20 AM

r168, I thought she left the Flash (her character got erased from the current timeline of The Flash) last season?

by Anonymousreply 169May 22, 2020 7:47 AM

R169 still...they're not going to pick someone who is already part of the Arrowverse.

by Anonymousreply 170May 22, 2020 8:05 AM

I don't know. In the end it worked for Doctor Who picking Capaldi, even though the fans threw a shit fit, because he played other characters before.

And the writers could do some interesting stuff with connection to The Flash.

by Anonymousreply 171May 22, 2020 8:07 AM

I'm ready for my Batwoman costume, Mr. Berlanti.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172May 22, 2020 8:39 AM

Ashley Benson and Stephanie Beatriz are too ugly.

by Anonymousreply 173May 22, 2020 8:50 AM

[Quote] Ashley Benson and Stephanie Beatriz are too ugly.

Ashley is pretty, but not a good fit. And i have no idea who Stephanie is.

by Anonymousreply 174May 22, 2020 9:48 AM

Is Maria Bello too old or could they make the character more mature?

by Anonymousreply 175May 22, 2020 1:21 PM

R175, 53 is too old.

by Anonymousreply 176May 22, 2020 1:25 PM

If they did a time jump... (But yeah, way too old for the demographic.)

by Anonymousreply 177May 22, 2020 1:41 PM

So Camrus and Nicole have commented basically comforting fans but no mention of Ruby. No wishing her good luck or anything.

by Anonymousreply 178May 22, 2020 3:13 PM

Are Camrus and Nicole the show runners?

by Anonymousreply 179May 22, 2020 3:19 PM

Fans want someone who is really a lesbian and who is actually Jewish.

Beanie Feldstein - it's your time to shine!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180May 22, 2020 3:22 PM

R179 no, Camrus plays Luke and Nicole plays Mary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181May 22, 2020 3:24 PM

What about ME!? I'm fierce, bisexual, and always wanted to be a superheroine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182May 22, 2020 3:42 PM

That would bet out of the frying pan, into the fryer.

by Anonymousreply 183May 22, 2020 3:43 PM

r159=idiot

by Anonymousreply 184May 22, 2020 3:49 PM

R182 Ruby probably wouldn't mind since they're friends. And was also the one who outed Demi a few years back.

by Anonymousreply 185May 22, 2020 4:17 PM

A rather nice way of saying "Good Riddance Bitch"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186May 22, 2020 7:33 PM

Does Michi Rodriguez still get movie offers?

by Anonymousreply 187May 22, 2020 7:46 PM

Asia Kate Dillion- she's non-binary (I shudder to type that) . Was in "Billions" and one of the heavies in the 3rd John Wick installment:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188May 22, 2020 8:16 PM

Network likely wouldn't find her fuckable enough. But she seems to play nicer in interviews than Rose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189May 22, 2020 8:23 PM

Ruby's Viola is imminent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190May 22, 2020 9:07 PM

Even in a terrible wig, Ruby still looks beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 191May 22, 2020 9:17 PM

R187 the f&f franchise is still going.

by Anonymousreply 192May 23, 2020 12:53 AM

[quote]NO ONE finds you convincing in the least in any of your non-mincing gay roles. NO ONE.

And still NO ONE finds you convincing in the least as smart, nice or non-mincing playing yourself. NO ONE.

by Anonymousreply 193May 23, 2020 2:04 AM

Lol Asia Kate Dillon is as much if not more of a nut job than Ruby. She’s just learned to tone it down if she wants to keep working.

Ruby is now claiming the show was “too much work”. Bitch what do you think a 22 episode tv series is?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194May 23, 2020 5:15 PM

There's no Ruby claim at that link.

by Anonymousreply 195May 23, 2020 5:34 PM

I really never got the obsession over her or why she became every het woman’s lesbian fantasy

by Anonymousreply 196May 23, 2020 5:37 PM

R196 I don't get it either.

by Anonymousreply 197May 24, 2020 1:04 AM

She's a beautiful butch who looks like she would be hot in the sack.

by Anonymousreply 198May 24, 2020 1:10 AM

Back in the day her private FB page was "Angelina Lohan-Ciccone" after her 3 celebrity crushes 🙄

by Anonymousreply 199May 24, 2020 2:12 AM

[Quote] I was talking to one of the Batwoman writers, the other day, and we were saying how, in this, is a great creative opportunity. I think there’ll be people who come to the show, quite frankly, just to see how the writers choose to handle this. I’m a big believer that anytime you face a production challenge, and sometimes it’s in cast while sometimes it’s just logistics, in that challenge, lies a creative opportunity. I was actually talking about that with Beth Schwartz, the other day. We were talking about how, once production presumes posts the pandemic, how are we going to work with all these different limitations? And it’s the exact same thing, which is that, in those limitations and in those challenges lie the chance to do something new and different, and come up with a clever creative solution. That, to me, is the fun part of the job. [/quote]

Marc Guggenheim sounds off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200May 26, 2020 11:15 AM

[quote]Does Michi Rodriguez still get movie offers?

I regret to inform you that Michi likes sausage.

by Anonymousreply 201May 26, 2020 11:23 AM

So they're not even going to bother recasting Kate but instead bring in a new character. This is going to be a mess.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202June 3, 2020 3:01 PM

They should bring over the old Silver Age Kathy Kane, with her red and yellow costume and gadgets in a handbag and give it a real out-of-time culture clash feel.

by Anonymousreply 203June 3, 2020 3:39 PM

R203 maybe they could save that for a crossover 😄

by Anonymousreply 204June 3, 2020 3:42 PM

Hmmmm.... I suspect that they'll cast a person of color. Is Danai Gurira out?

by Anonymousreply 205June 3, 2020 4:29 PM

Is Lili Reinhart putting her hat in the ring for Batwoman? Or is she locked into a Riverdale contract?

[Quote] Lili Reinhart has come out as bisexual. The 23-year-old Riverdale star revealed the news on her Instagram Story on Wednesday (June 3).

[Quote] Lili promoted the West Hollywood LGBTQ+ for Black Lives Matter protest, which is happening today at noon at the intersection of Santa Monica and La Cienega. Protesters will peacefully walk to Robertson Boulevard.

[Quote] Lili promoted the event on her Instagram Story with the caption, “Although I’ve never announced it publicly before, I am a proud bisexual woman. And I will be joining this protest today. Come join.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206June 3, 2020 5:57 PM

[quote]I suspect that they'll cast a person of color.

Stephanie Beatriz from Brooklyn Nine-Nine, who's bisexual, has been openly lobbying for it.

by Anonymousreply 207June 3, 2020 6:26 PM

R205 Danai is way too good for a CW show.

R206 doesn't Riverdale still have a few seasons left to go??

Anyway Wallis Day has been getting mentioned alot on twitter as the next choice for Kate (which I guess doesn't matter now). Was she good in Krypton?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208June 3, 2020 10:30 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209June 9, 2020 11:45 AM

I totally called this when she was first cast. She's been a messy drama starter ever since she first got famous in Australia. Her ex even wrote a song about her and their abusive relationship:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210June 9, 2020 12:03 PM

Is Vanessa Morgan gay/bi?

by Anonymousreply 211June 9, 2020 6:12 PM

I don't r211 but she's currently married to a man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212June 9, 2020 9:03 PM

R211 I think Vanessa is bi?? But she'd get backlash any way for being married to a guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213June 9, 2020 9:56 PM

This Vanessa person is not out as anything. If she "came out" to [italic]Batwoman[/italic] producers to get this role, it will look like the height of opportunism. Give it someone who's been out for a while, and likely faced rejection from studios for being openly queer.

Anyway, the series should have been canceled with Ruby's departure; it's after all only a modest hit, even for CW standards.

by Anonymousreply 214June 9, 2020 10:05 PM

There'd only be minor backlash among some gay people. The network wouldn't give a shit about that.

by Anonymousreply 215June 9, 2020 10:07 PM

[Quote] Anyway, the series should have been canceled with Ruby's departure; it's after all only a modest hit, even for CW standards.

Why should cast and crew lose their jobs because of Ruby?? Batwoman was the second highest rated show on the CW.

[Quote] The network wouldn't give a shit about that.

Then the network shouldn't have made a big deal about hiring an lgbt actress in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 216June 9, 2020 10:10 PM

[Quote] Then the network shouldn't have made a big deal about hiring an lgbt actress in the first place.

You think the network actually care about LGBT representation? Despite her personal presentation, Ruby Rose works as a male fantasy figure. If Daveed Mazouz comes out, will they reboot Batman for him, or another superhero vehicle? Doubtful.

by Anonymousreply 217June 9, 2020 10:14 PM

I doubt it's men who mostly watch The CW.

by Anonymousreply 218June 9, 2020 10:16 PM

Well they did pick a character who was lesbian in the first place, R217. They could have gone with Batgirl, Nightwing or others if they wanted to.

by Anonymousreply 219June 9, 2020 10:19 PM

[Quote] You think the network actually care about LGBT representation?

No, it's all smoke and mirrors. The same way they're pretending to care about BLM. But other fans do care and will still call the CW out.

by Anonymousreply 220June 9, 2020 10:23 PM

Her husband is a 24 year old MLB player. I give it a year.

by Anonymousreply 221June 9, 2020 10:31 PM

R219 They couldn't use Nightwing who's currently on Titans. DC/WB are somewhat particular about what characters the CW DCTW shows can and cannot use.

A few sites are claiming that Vanessa Morgan is rumored to be one of the serious potential candidates to replace Ruby.

by Anonymousreply 222June 12, 2020 12:43 PM

So according to Caroline Dries it was Greg's idea to bring in a new character instead of recasting Kate. And she confirmed they're not going to kill Kate off either. I guess she doesn't want to get backlash for the BYG trope.

by Anonymousreply 223June 12, 2020 1:07 PM

It's disrespectful to the character. They would never replace Bruce Wayne or Clark Kent is the actor "quit". Why treat Kate as a disposable character.

by Anonymousreply 224June 12, 2020 1:34 PM

[Quote] They would never replace Bruce Wayne or Clark Kent is the actor "quit".

Except Ruby didn't quit, she was fired.

[Quote] Why treat Kate as a disposable character.

Why don't you ask Ruby.

by Anonymousreply 225June 12, 2020 4:07 PM

Javicia Leslie is the new Batwoman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226July 9, 2020 2:12 AM

It's going to be canceled before season 2 is over, I bet.

by Anonymousreply 227July 9, 2020 2:14 AM

"My severance check cleared so Yay Javicia!"

I hope this one can actually ACT. Has she been in anything?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228July 9, 2020 2:24 AM

She's got 17 acting credits on IMDB. Probably small roles, because she had no entry on Wikipedia before today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229July 9, 2020 2:33 AM

R227 doubt it.

R228 she can't be worse than Ruby. Looks like her last role was as a lesbian on God Friended Me.

by Anonymousreply 230July 9, 2020 3:08 AM

So they're going to play the lesbian of color card now? Surprised they didn't cast a black trans woman.

by Anonymousreply 231July 9, 2020 3:36 AM

She doesn't look like a lesbian in her Instagram account. Must be one of those women who say they're bi but whose life story is indistinguishable from that of a straight woman.

by Anonymousreply 232July 9, 2020 3:41 AM

Ruby designs Crocs too. Is there no end to her EVIL?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233July 9, 2020 3:59 AM

[Quote] She doesn't look like a lesbian in her Instagram account.

What does that mean?? And I think she's bi.

by Anonymousreply 234July 9, 2020 4:14 AM

r234 It means she doesn't look like a lesbian. She looks like an average Instawhore, a slutty straight woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235July 9, 2020 4:22 AM

R235 riiiight 🙄

by Anonymousreply 236July 9, 2020 5:13 AM

r236 .....What?

by Anonymousreply 237July 9, 2020 5:20 AM

[Quote] I think she's bi.

So she has a boyfriend...

by Anonymousreply 238July 9, 2020 6:18 AM

[Quote] they'll cast a person of color

Called it.

by Anonymousreply 239July 9, 2020 6:18 AM

A bisexual woman means she made out with a girl at a college party once

by Anonymousreply 240July 9, 2020 6:21 AM

She switches up her look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241July 9, 2020 6:25 AM

R241 That's a professional photoshoot, genius.

by Anonymousreply 242July 9, 2020 6:28 AM

This isn't, genius.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243July 9, 2020 6:32 AM

r243 Oh yes, that photo proves so much. Why didn't Elizabeth Warren run for Batwoman? She's a lesbian, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244July 9, 2020 6:41 AM

R237 your comment was misogynistic. And the lesbian part doesn't make any sense.

by Anonymousreply 245July 9, 2020 6:46 AM

It never surprises me how much heavier the standards at Datalounge are to prove that a man is gay compared to a woman.

For a woman, being photographed with the colors of the rainbow on the side is enough. But in the case of a man, he has to say clearly that he is gay, or else he has to be filmed with a dick in the ass. Even if he follows gay content on social media, people here are not satisfied. "Following best_of_grindr just means he's woke!" or "following an endless stream of shirtless male accounts just proves that straight men today are more open-minded than in the past!"

I don't know how things are in the US, but in my country, research after study confirms that most women at Pride are straight. This photo proves nothing, r243.

She must have told the Batwoman producers that she is a type of LGBT, on the other hand it is likely that she did not get the part (although being black must also have helped her, in the current climate).

But her Instagram posts don't seem to indicate anything like that. She looks like an average straight woman slut anxious for male attention and praise.

by Anonymousreply 246July 9, 2020 6:50 AM

[Quote] She looks like an average straight woman slut anxious for male attention and praise.

Are you serious with this bullshit?

by Anonymousreply 247July 9, 2020 6:51 AM

r247 Yes. Go cry some more.

by Anonymousreply 248July 9, 2020 6:53 AM

[quote]on the other hand it is likely that she did not get the part

Sorry, it's almost 4AM here where I'm from. I meant, "otherwise she would not have gotten the part"

by Anonymousreply 249July 9, 2020 6:54 AM

[Quote] This photo proves nothing, [R243].

So your applying the DL standards you decry? Make it make sense.

by Anonymousreply 250July 9, 2020 6:56 AM

*you're applying

by Anonymousreply 251July 9, 2020 6:57 AM

r250 Do you think Elizabeth Warren is gay? How about Danny DeVito?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252July 9, 2020 7:16 AM

R247 that person is clearly bitter. Just ignore them, because they don't know what they're talking about.

by Anonymousreply 253July 9, 2020 7:22 AM

Is the writing still terrible and the set a literal death trap though?

by Anonymousreply 254July 9, 2020 7:26 AM

[Quote] Is the writing still terrible

Is water wet??

by Anonymousreply 255July 9, 2020 7:49 AM

"Being the lead of a superhero show is tough. Being the lead in anything is tough,” Rose tells EW in a new interview. “But I think, in that particular instance, it was a lot more difficult because I was still recovering from my surgery. I had my surgery and then 10 days later I went to work, which maybe wasn’t the best idea. Most people take about a month or three off before they return to work, so it was definitely made more difficult by that. But as far as being a lead of a show or a film — regardless if it’s action or if it’s emotional — in whichever ways it’s taxing.”

She made her decision to leave the show amid the coronavirus-related production shutdown, which allowed her some time to do some introspection and reflection. As Deadline reported at the time of her announcement, [bold] Rose was not happy during the filming of the first season, and her behavior made everyone on the set miserable to a point where no one could see this going for another season, leading to the breakup.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256August 13, 2020 5:57 AM

She was a bitch. No surprise.

by Anonymousreply 257August 13, 2020 6:06 AM

She didn't just lose this part, she killed her career for good. Who's going to hire her, now, if she can't commit to a long-term project and makes all her colleagues miserable?

by Anonymousreply 258August 13, 2020 6:11 AM

Maxine Waters is "BattleAxe"! Coming to a theater near you.

by Anonymousreply 259August 13, 2020 6:23 AM

Maxine Waters is "BattleAxe"! Coming to a theater near you.

by Anonymousreply 260August 13, 2020 6:23 AM

"I'm hot, I shouldn't have to do STUFF!"

by Anonymousreply 261August 13, 2020 6:26 AM

[Quote] "Being the lead of a superhero show is tough. Being the lead in anything is tough,” Rose tells EW in a new interview.

No shit, Sherlock. Spending 6+ years in Vancouver was never going to be something Ruby could handle.

by Anonymousreply 262August 13, 2020 1:33 PM

It's like with gay marriage. Once it was available gays thought they could handle it and then found out the hard way that it takes a lot of work.

Not all (LGBT) actors are cut out to star as the lead of a multi season TV show.

by Anonymousreply 263August 13, 2020 1:46 PM

Boo fucking Hoo. 6 years on a network TV show and she'd be set for life, most likely.

However, the on set accidents - not just Rose, but a female crew member who is now paralysed - may have made her want to jump ship. And I don't blame her for that.

by Anonymousreply 264August 13, 2020 3:04 PM

Ruby "explains" why she left Batwoman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265October 8, 2020 12:42 PM

Why Ruby Rose was fired from Batwoman (allegedly)

by Anonymousreply 266November 27, 2020 8:12 AM

Oops

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267November 27, 2020 8:14 AM

R266 thanks for posting. You know you fucked up if Dougray is saying you're one of the most unprofessional actors he's ever worked with. And i hope they don't try to bring her back again.

by Anonymousreply 268November 27, 2020 1:13 PM

[quote]Why Ruby Rose was fired from Batwoman (allegedly)

I'm sure some YouTube rando with less than 150K followers has highly developed network of sources that would put Carl Bernstein to shame.

Particularly since he doesn't know she's Australian.

by Anonymousreply 269November 27, 2020 1:25 PM

R269 the writing was on the wall when Ruby spewed some bullshit about how there was nothing left to explore with Kate's character. Someone in the comments confirms her behaviour on set too.

by Anonymousreply 270November 27, 2020 1:32 PM

Oh, I’m sure she was a nightmare on set. I just don’t know if she had this Trump-level 4D chess move to get WB to pay for an injury she got on another movie.

by Anonymousreply 271November 27, 2020 1:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!