Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Matt Lauer TAKES A SHOT at Ronan Farrow

Ronan Farrow’s overall reporting faced so little scrutiny. Until this week’s critical reporting by The New York Times, many in the media perceived his work as inherently beyond basic questioning. However, he was hardly an unbiased journalist when it came to anything to do with NBC, and he was rarely challenged as he dropped salacious stories in a daily marketing effort designed to create media attention for his book.

What I found when I read the book was frankly shocking, and it should concern anyone who cares about journalism. This is not just about accusations against the former host of the Today show.

here are four primary ways in which Ronan betrayed the truth in writing his book.

1. He consistently failed to confirm stories told to him by his main sources.

2. He failed to provide evidence of important communications he alleges took place between accusers and me. In most cases, Ronan doesn’t even claim to have personally seen evidence of those communications.

3. He used misleading language to manipulate readers into believing things that could easily be false, or were at least un-provable. In some cases he undeniably withheld information from the reader that would call the credibility of sources into question.

4. He routinely presented stories in a way that would suit his activist goals, as opposed to any kind of journalistic standards.

In the following examples I deliberately avoid challenging accusations, which only result in questions of “he said, she said.” It is impossible to settle those questions in this format.

read more at link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192May 22, 2020 9:58 PM

tl;dr

by Anonymousreply 1May 19, 2020 10:03 PM

Ronan did create this bogus story so (and it pains me to say this) Matt might have a point.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 19, 2020 10:03 PM

Matt has always looked like a kiddie diddler. Team Farrow on this one.

by Anonymousreply 3May 19, 2020 10:04 PM

Just because you call yourself a "journalist" doesn't make you one

- Matt Lauer

by Anonymousreply 4May 19, 2020 10:05 PM

[quote] Mr. Farrow’s other irresistible conspiracy has even less to support it: that Hillary Clinton, whom Mr. Farrow had once worked for at the State Department, also sought to kill his reporting and protect Mr. Weinstein. In “Catch and Kill,” Mr. Farrow described receiving an “ominous” call from Nick Merrill, a spokesman for Mrs. Clinton, in the summer of 2017 saying his Weinstein reporting was “a concern.” “It’s remarkable,” Mr. Farrow told The Financial Times about Mrs. Clinton during his book tour, “how quickly even people with a long relationship with you will turn if you threaten the centers of power or the sources of funding around them.”

[quote] But Mr. Farrow appears to have misinterpreted Mr. Merrill’s call. Mr. Merrill said at the time that Mrs. Clinton was preparing to do a documentary film with Mr. Weinstein, and the Clinton camp was trying to find out if damaging reporting was about to be published about the producer. He had no way of proving it, but another reporter he spoke to at the time about Mr. Weinstein shared with me text messages that back Mr. Merrill’s account, and contradict Mr. Farrow’s. “We’re about to do business with him unless this is real,” Mr. Merrill wrote the other reporter on July 6. In other words, Mr. Merrill was trying to protect his boss, not Mr. Weinstein.

[quote] Predictably, Mr. Farrow’s account was seized on by Mrs. Clinton’s detractors, both on the right and left, who saw it as vivid confirmation that Mrs. Clinton was a devious and manipulative character.

by Anonymousreply 5May 19, 2020 10:05 PM

Still harassing the women, Matt?

by Anonymousreply 6May 19, 2020 10:08 PM

Could r2's picture look any more like Frank Sinatra? It's like looking in a mirror.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 19, 2020 10:09 PM

[quote] Still harassing the women, Matt?

Ronan is male

by Anonymousreply 8May 19, 2020 10:10 PM

He's clearly Frank Sumatra's son.

by Anonymousreply 9May 19, 2020 10:10 PM

[quote]It's like looking in a mirror.

Why r7? Do you believe you look like Frank Sinatra?

by Anonymousreply 10May 19, 2020 10:12 PM

Sinatra was ugly, Ronan is creepy and ugly so they're clearly brothers.

by Anonymousreply 11May 19, 2020 10:39 PM

OP, DL isn't just some inbox for every meandering thought you have, you tedious mental case.

by Anonymousreply 12May 19, 2020 10:40 PM

It will be interesting to see Ronan's detailed response.

by Anonymousreply 13May 19, 2020 10:41 PM

Didn’t Matt Lauer buy a female colleague a vibrator as a gift? What a jag off.

by Anonymousreply 14May 19, 2020 10:55 PM

Fun article, OP. Matt even took a swipe at Ann Curry in it.

by Anonymousreply 15May 19, 2020 10:55 PM

[quote]Just because you call yourself a "journalist" doesn't make you one

Pot meet fucking kettle. You were hosting concert pre shows on HBO five years before Today.

Sue Simmons hated Lauer when they co anchored Live at Five together.

by Anonymousreply 16May 19, 2020 10:59 PM

Thanks for posting, OP! I just finished reading Lauer's piece - long and detailed and very informative. My first instinct is the Ronan's going down. This piece plus the New York Times piece are a one-two knockout punch to Ronan's credibility. Now I can't wait for the expose on Ronan! It's going to come inevitably - his ascent was way too easy. I'm also thinking that Ronan's a sociopath and it's all tied up with Mia.

by Anonymousreply 17May 19, 2020 11:16 PM

R17 = Woody Allen

Lauer's a sleezebag. No one gives a shit what he has to say.

by Anonymousreply 18May 19, 2020 11:19 PM

Lauer needs to do a sit down interview with Megyn Kelly.

by Anonymousreply 19May 19, 2020 11:20 PM

[R18] Fuck off, Mia

by Anonymousreply 20May 19, 2020 11:23 PM

Not a popular opinion, but Matt was railroaded. Matt Lauer has never fucked anybody that didn't want to fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 21May 19, 2020 11:25 PM

I'm not a fan of Ronan, but Lauer had it coming. Sorry OP (aka creepy Matt).

by Anonymousreply 22May 19, 2020 11:26 PM

[R18] To post without reading the piece (yes, it takes 10-15 minutes) means you have no right to seriously weigh in. People will read this.

by Anonymousreply 23May 19, 2020 11:27 PM

Matt Lauer is not a journalist. He is an entertainment reporter who landed a hosting gig at Today.

by Anonymousreply 24May 19, 2020 11:29 PM

[R24] Well, apparently Ronan Farrow isn't one, either.

by Anonymousreply 25May 19, 2020 11:31 PM

[quote] means you have no right to seriously weigh in.

Woody fangurls are a riot.

Chester the molester's loony fans can't let one thread on Ronan go by without having to drag their obsessive Mia conspiracies into it, even though it has nothing to do with the story.

Pot meet kettle.

by Anonymousreply 26May 19, 2020 11:31 PM

[R26] So you still haven't read the article yet you have the time to attack me? Nonsense person.

by Anonymousreply 27May 19, 2020 11:34 PM

It's Ronan's truth.

by Anonymousreply 28May 19, 2020 11:35 PM

R27 = What does Mia have to do with this?

by Anonymousreply 29May 19, 2020 11:36 PM

This is a planned set up. They are in cahoots. Ronan made a lot of enemies revealing the truth of the fucked up industry, so this was to be expected. But Ronan will hit back harder, and stronger than ever.

by Anonymousreply 30May 19, 2020 11:39 PM

[R29] Read the article - it goes into Ronan's penchant for creating and promoting conspiracy theories with "good" and "bad" actors. I'm not going to quote from the article. Read it. He sounds very much influenced by the way Mia views the world (that's my opinion - there's nothing in the article about Mia).

by Anonymousreply 31May 19, 2020 11:40 PM

[R30] I hope you're joking. It doesn't bother you that Ronan doesn't abide by basic journalistic standards? It doesn't bother you that reputations have been destroyed based on innuendo, uncorroborated allegations and unnamed sources? That's playing a dangerous game in a democracy.

by Anonymousreply 32May 19, 2020 11:44 PM

How soon before Weinstein is serving his sentence in the luxurious comfort of home?

by Anonymousreply 33May 19, 2020 11:45 PM

[quote]Ronan is male.

For about another ten minutes. He'll probably announce his transitioning very soon and then label any criticisms "transphobic." It's pretty standard behavior ripped from the trans playbook.

by Anonymousreply 34May 19, 2020 11:53 PM

[quote]He sounds very much influenced by the way Mia views the world (that's my opinion - there's nothing in the article about Mia).

And your ridiculous opinions mean jack shit.

I give Mia and Ronan credit for dealing with these loons on a daily basis.

by Anonymousreply 35May 19, 2020 11:56 PM

[quote] I give Mia and Ronan credit for dealing with these loons on a daily basis.

You mean one loon by the name of Dylan Farrow,

by Anonymousreply 36May 19, 2020 11:59 PM

[R35] You are very obviously the loon. And a mean one, to boot.

by Anonymousreply 37May 19, 2020 11:59 PM

You're so glib Matt!

by Anonymousreply 38May 20, 2020 12:41 AM

Pot, meet kettle.

by Anonymousreply 39May 20, 2020 1:12 AM

R24- Isn't Anderson Cooper just a celebrity and NOT a true journalist/reporter.

by Anonymousreply 40May 20, 2020 1:25 AM

[quote] For about another ten minutes. He'll probably announce his transitioning very soon and then label any criticisms "transphobic." It's pretty standard behavior ripped from the trans playbook.

The anti-tranny contingent are fucking INSANE. I bet there is strong overlap with the anti-Bernie crew. Both groups show up and push their agendas in irrelevant threads, day after day.

by Anonymousreply 41May 20, 2020 1:30 AM

Being a journalist gets you killed.

by Anonymousreply 42May 20, 2020 1:30 AM

Looks like Matty's looking for a comeback.He learned well from Trump to deflect. He's not a bad guy Ronan is a bad guy.

Ronan responded....

[quote]All I’ll say on this is that Matt Lauer is just wrong. Catch and Kill was thoroughly reported and fact-checked, including with Matt Lauer himself.

by Anonymousreply 43May 20, 2020 1:31 AM

[quote] I give Mia and Ronan credit for dealing with these loons on a daily basis.

Little slapping goes a long way!

by Anonymousreply 44May 20, 2020 1:37 AM

Whatever one thinks of the Farrows, and I've never cared for them personally, Lauers' misbehavior seemed to go back decades. He really brought much of this on himself.

by Anonymousreply 45May 20, 2020 1:50 AM

Noah Oppenheim and other NBC execu-shits know they’re about to go down with Andy Lack, so they must be calling in favors from their buddies at the NY Times to smear Ronan Farrow.

Sorry, boys! You’re still under investigation!

Oh, and next time, find a more credible source than Matt Lauer to defend your honor.

by Anonymousreply 46May 20, 2020 1:52 AM

Didn’t Lauer have a secret lock on his door, and a button on his desk to activate it?

by Anonymousreply 47May 20, 2020 2:21 AM

R47 that was a Farrow claim. Later denied it.

by Anonymousreply 48May 20, 2020 2:23 AM

R30 - Dont count on it. This isn't the first time Farrow's been accused of stretching the truth.

I always thought Matt Lauer was a douchebag, but he made some good points about the problems with Farrow's reporting. And I agree that Catch & Kill was profiteering off the MeToo movement. It was the reason I didn't buy it.

by Anonymousreply 49May 20, 2020 2:33 AM

Mia is bitch.

by Anonymousreply 50May 20, 2020 2:43 AM

Poor matt. He was the highest paid person at NBC and he was taken down by Ronan Farrow.

There was this whole big world wide conspiracy to take down matt lauer and harvey weinstein too

All the best lawyers in the world couldn't help either

by Anonymousreply 51May 20, 2020 2:53 AM

While Lauer is busy defending himself and offering "humility" I wish he'd admit his terrible treatment of Hillary Clinton while he served softballs to Trump.

Anyway, I'm another one who never liked Lauer.

But still, affairs? of course; that's stupid, reckless behavior such that he deserved being fired.

I thought it doubtful, however, the allegation that he committed sexual assault or battery of any degree. Asshole? For sure. Stupid enough to commit a forced sexual act on anybody? It just didn't compute with me.

by Anonymousreply 52May 20, 2020 2:54 AM

R51 - Again, we're giving Farrow too much credit. Farrow didn't bring down Lauer. NBC brought down Lauer.

Farrow just put in his book the account of the alleged rape by Lauer's accuser, Brooke Nevils, who told her story to Farrow after she couldn't get a book deal to tell her story.

by Anonymousreply 53May 20, 2020 2:57 AM

Team Ronan.

by Anonymousreply 54May 20, 2020 3:06 AM

Evan Siegfried:

Matt Lauer raped my friend @BrookeNevils and is now trying to rewrite history. He should never have been given a platform to try and make people see him as something other than what he is: a rapist

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55May 20, 2020 3:16 AM

[quote]Matt Lauer raped my friend @BrookeNevils and is now trying to rewrite history. He should never have been given a platform to try and make people see him as something other than what he is: a rapist

Which time, when she came back for sex with Matt, did he rape her? 🙄🙄

by Anonymousreply 56May 20, 2020 3:25 AM

R55 Was she the woman he anally raped during the Olympics?

by Anonymousreply 57May 20, 2020 3:29 AM

His punishment was shit on his dick.

by Anonymousreply 58May 20, 2020 3:37 AM

[quote]Was she the woman he anally raped during the Olympics?

Lucky bitch.

by Anonymousreply 59May 20, 2020 3:38 AM

You're so glib Matt

by Anonymousreply 60May 20, 2020 3:41 AM

Obviously, the rape claim was made up. She came back for more of that hot married cock.

by Anonymousreply 61May 20, 2020 3:43 AM

Lauer was handsome, had a good body, and was rich - the office sluts would have thrown their pussies at him, and probably still are.

Ronan is a sensationalist hiding behind the "journalist" label.

Remember the days when people were afraid to accuse someone of rape without facts to back it up?

by Anonymousreply 62May 20, 2020 4:14 AM

[quote]Matt was railroaded

Matt had a button in his office that locked the door so no one else could get out.

A man like that is never "railroaded."

by Anonymousreply 63May 20, 2020 4:16 AM

The office door button wasn't a lie Ronan Farrow made up, you goons. Jesus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64May 20, 2020 4:18 AM

More about the button that locked the door:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65May 20, 2020 4:18 AM

All the hosts at TODAY have auto door closers installed. It is common in exec suites. Lauer is scum of the earth and I believe all accusations are true, but the door thing being part of a conspiracy is a leap. Park & Rec used the idea as a joke.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66May 20, 2020 4:20 AM

[quote]Matt had a button in his office that locked the door so no one else could get out.

So? He had a button that locked his door. Big whoop .

by Anonymousreply 67May 20, 2020 4:20 AM

Okay, so first it was "Ronan lied, there was no button" and now it's "okay, there was a button, but it's no big deal."

Keep it up girls, Matt will surely fuck you if you defend him hard enough!

by Anonymousreply 68May 20, 2020 4:21 AM

If I understand R5 correctly, Farrow tried to implicate Hillary Clinton in some lame Hollywood conspiracy theory, so fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 69May 20, 2020 4:29 AM

[quote] Lauer was handsome, had a good body, and was rich - the office sluts would have thrown their pussies at him, and probably still are....Ronan is a sensationalist hiding behind the "journalist" label.

Gee R62 could your lust for Lauer be influencing your opinion? For you, Dear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70May 20, 2020 8:06 AM

And so begins the downfall of Ronan Farrow and the rehabilitation of Matt Lauer.

by Anonymousreply 71May 20, 2020 8:45 AM

Nah, rape will put a damper on it.

by Anonymousreply 72May 20, 2020 8:54 AM

[quote] If I understand [R5] correctly, Farrow tried to implicate Hillary Clinton in some lame Hollywood conspiracy theory, so fuck him.

Yup, that's exactly what he did. And it was all BS.

by Anonymousreply 73May 20, 2020 8:54 AM

Matt took a shot at Ronan? Did he mistake him for a female subordinate?

by Anonymousreply 74May 20, 2020 8:58 AM

I don’t feel sorry for Matt Lauer at all. He’s a fucking pig and deserved to get fired.

by Anonymousreply 75May 20, 2020 10:20 AM

R71, no, we are still investigating the NBC old boys network. We haven’t forgotten!

by Anonymousreply 76May 20, 2020 10:59 AM

😄 Matt Lauer—that is funny, OP! 😆

by Anonymousreply 77May 20, 2020 11:03 AM

[quote] It doesn't bother you that Ronan doesn't abide by basic journalistic standards? It doesn't bother you that reputations have been destroyed based on innuendo, uncorroborated allegations and unnamed sources? That's playing a dangerous game in a democracy.

Don't you know how good that is for ratings ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78May 20, 2020 11:22 AM

[quote]Farrow tried to implicate Hillary Clinton in some lame Hollywood conspiracy theory, so fuck him.

He seemed really concerned about not coming across as politically partisan during the time that he published his book, and I think the anecdote was meant to say, "I may have worked for the Democrats and for HRC but that doesn't mean I'm biased." It didn't come across that way at all, obviously, and it's definitely a sign that he is inexperienced and young and too worried about his reputation.

by Anonymousreply 79May 20, 2020 11:31 AM

Ronan is better looking than Matt Lauer and Harvey Weinstein, so I believe Ronan. Yes, I'm superficial. End of.

by Anonymousreply 80May 20, 2020 11:35 AM

FWIW, I believe Matt Lauer as far his claim that Brooke Nevils came up to his room in Sochi looking to have an affair with him. She did it either because she was attracted to him or his money or just to get ahead. She would show up for rendezvous at his apartment. I also believe him when he says she continued to pursue him long after he'd stopped taking her calls. But he also, most definitely, used his position of power to pressure women to have sex with him.

by Anonymousreply 81May 20, 2020 11:50 AM

Why am I not surprised on Datalounge.com that people are defend white predators? "This is why they hate us" - hate that phrase but applies here.

by Anonymousreply 82May 20, 2020 11:58 AM

[quote]Looks like Matty's looking for a comeback.He learned well from Trump to deflect.

This is what intrigues me most about this. Matt Lauer has more money than he can ever spend in three lifetimes. He could literally sit back with his feet up and watch TV for the rest of his life. He could travel and live out 'Where in the World is Matt Lauer' only more anonymously or devote himself fulltime to a hobby. But what he cares for even more than the money, is the position: the power, influence, recognition and social standing he had is what he's missing. The fans, the ability to influence elections, that he could spar with A-listers like Tom Cruise and they'd care about his opinion. Now, none of those people will give him the time of day. Once you've had a taste of the spotlight, the craving never ends.

by Anonymousreply 83May 20, 2020 12:06 PM

I like Ronan. I enjoyed his MSNBC show. I think he's a smart guy. But I think this whole crusade of his has all been about fighting his own personal demons plus making a name for himself. I'm not saying that's wrong, but I'm not sure he trying to save the world. He found a way to attach himself to the hot, but very flawed, movement of the day and is cashing in.

And for the record, I don't think it's defending predators, white or otherwise, to not fall for the "believe women" nonsense. This whole thing has turned into believe women, throw them a bunch of soft ball questions, if you question them at all, about their "assault" and then don't ask logical questions about their choices surrounding that assault. Basically we are in a posture where all debates and logical reasoning are supposed to stop and be thrown out the window when someone shouts #metoo.

Talk to some real women who have really gone through sexual assault and then you will see how frivolous some of these claims are.

by Anonymousreply 84May 20, 2020 12:09 PM

R83 has the best take on this story so far.

Oh, and Matt's little snipe against Ann Curry proves straight men can be bitchier than most gay men.

by Anonymousreply 85May 20, 2020 12:10 PM

Agreed, r83.

The trick is to develop humility before you obtain power, influence, recognition and social standing and then sincerely, honestly retaining that humility once you have those things.

by Anonymousreply 86May 20, 2020 12:12 PM

[quote]Could [R2]'s picture look any more like Frank Sinatra? It's like looking in a mirror.

Money well-spent.

by Anonymousreply 87May 20, 2020 12:14 PM

Why now? Lauer lost his job years ago. Why is this piece being published now?

Who decided that now was a good time to launch a coordinated attack on Ronan Farrow?

In other words who is about to be exposed next? They must be very powerful indeed.

by Anonymousreply 88May 20, 2020 12:21 PM

[QUOTE] sy. I'm also thinking that Ronan's a sociopath and it's all tied up with Mia.

ALL women MUST be believed.

by Anonymousreply 89May 20, 2020 12:25 PM

Imagine what a crushing blow it must be to his ego for him and others to think that every woman he's ever slept with did it only because of his position or money. He looks like the kind of guy who struggled to attract girls in high school and college. Look, he married a model, for crying out loud! He was living every dork's fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 90May 20, 2020 12:28 PM

[quote]This whole thing has turned into believe women, throw them a bunch of soft ball questions, if you question them at all, about their "assault" and then don't ask logical questions about their choices surrounding that assault. Basically we are in a posture where all debates and logical reasoning are supposed to stop and be thrown out the window when someone shouts #metoo.

Absolutely untrue.

The "believe women" mantra was likely meant to combat the problem with the justice system not taking victims seriously, and the concept of "believe all women" in the case of politicians and celebrities needed to be mitigated by a fair and neutral press, i.e. start out believing them and then question respectfully, but diligently.

Instead we got tabloid press takes and politicized accounts where you have to believe Tara Reade and if you don't you're a rightwing scumbag Nazi piece of shit... according to Sanders supporters.

But to act like the press always believes every woman is ridiculous. The coverage of Rose McGowan made it clear the press was dubious, for specific reasons. Asia Argento was fully disbelieved. Tara Reade was not believed by anyone except a few at biased pro-Sanders outlets. The coverage of Duffy's claims was skeptical at best.

Russell Simmons has been accused multiple times and no one cares. Chris Brown beat Rihanna and when he had a comeback at the Emmys one year they couldn't stop fellating him, they were so glad he was back. Mike Tyson is a lovable goofy personality nowadays. Mark Halperin is in the middle of a comeback.

There is no "women are always believed and men are unfairly railroaded" system here. At all. It's about fame and power and money, which is why Spacey is having a comeback and Bryan Singer is shrugged off, too.

by Anonymousreply 91May 20, 2020 12:34 PM

[quote]This is what intrigues me most about this. Matt Lauer has more money than he can ever spend in three lifetimes. He could literally sit back with his feet up and watch TV for the rest of his life. He could travel and live out 'Where in the World is Matt Lauer' only more anonymously or devote himself fulltime to a hobby. But what he cares for even more than the money, is the position: the power, influence, recognition and social standing he had is what he's missing.

Exactly, R83.

Lauer is giving me Louie Eppolito vibes. Eppolito was the NYPD detective who retired under a cloud of suspicion that he was mobbed up.

A non guilty trial verdict, a nice home in Arizona and a full pension weren't enough for him, though; he kept grinding his gears until he exploded, writing a fucking book about his "mistreatment." Book is a bestseller, Eppolito goes on TV promoting it...where the mother of one of his victims sees him. She calls the NYPD, they re-investigate him, and both Eppolito AND his former partner Stephen Caracappa were indicted, tried, and given life sentences for murder.

All because he couldn't take the win ("win" being freedom and a fat bank account).

tl;dr: Don't fuck with NYC prosecutors, Matt.

by Anonymousreply 92May 20, 2020 12:46 PM

No Matt is upset because he was railroaded. If he would have gotten to go out on his own terms, it would have been different. But instead he got taken down by a woman he fucked up the ass and who kept coming back for more and then decides after the fact that it was assault. No one here is saying that Lauer is a great guy or that he wasn't a poon hound who didn't fuck around on his wife.

by Anonymousreply 93May 20, 2020 12:52 PM

It was the New York Times that first published the article that brought down Weinstein.

by Anonymousreply 94May 20, 2020 1:27 PM

R88, it’s not about protecting Lauer anymore. It’s about protecting the NBC executive suite.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95May 20, 2020 1:51 PM

[quote]No one here is saying that Lauer is a great guy or that he wasn't a poon hound who didn't fuck around on his wife.

He was fired for fucking NBC employees in his office. It wasn't a he said she said, but a known fact. That's frowned upon.

by Anonymousreply 96May 20, 2020 2:07 PM

He's so much better, brainier, prettier, younger, so they are all jealous. Matt is sucking up. Dullard.

by Anonymousreply 97May 20, 2020 2:14 PM

R62 He hasn't been "handsome" since the 90s.

by Anonymousreply 98May 20, 2020 2:16 PM

[quote] Lauer is giving me Louie Eppolito vibes. Eppolito was the NYPD detective who retired under a cloud of suspicion that he was mobbed up.

Are you seriously equating Lauer with a murderer? Get a grip. Lauer seems to be a predatory to a point poon hound and sounds like a cunt, which is unfortunately quite usual for people who have power and money. Is he on the Weinstein level in his attempt to score as much as pussy as he can using his power while humiliating and demeaning the women? I doubt that very much.

[quote]Why am I not surprised on Datalounge.com that people are defend white predators? "This is why they hate us" - hate that phrase but applies here.

It seems it's more about the Farrow camp trying to portray Ronan as the ultimate truth teller, and anyone who doesn't believe everything he says should go straight to hell. You can definitely see how mommie dearest taught Ronan all the tricks.

[quote]Ronan is better looking than Matt Lauer and Harvey Weinstein, so I believe Ronan. Yes, I'm superficial. End of.

Anyone is better looking than Weinstein but I have to disagree with Lauer. Mostly because Ronan looks like an artificial bobble head puppet. Lauer is naturally sexy and masculine even if he's not what you'd call traditionally handsome. Unlike with Weinstein I can totally see women falling for him without any kind of coersion.

If I understand it correctly the only criminal thing Lauer was supposed to have done was having non-consentual anal sex with Nevils in Russia. That's obviously a he says, she says situation, and since she continued having an affair with him it's hard to totally believe what she's saying. It's very well possible she wanted to destroy him after their affair cooled out, and that she did when she got her chance with the mentally damaged crusader Ronan Farrow. It's obviously possible Lauer was too forceful with his anal sex demands but does anyone really believe he forcefully raped her while she was struggling to get away?

by Anonymousreply 99May 20, 2020 2:18 PM

Apparently Ronan Farrow is working on a piece about Joe Biden; that explains this coordinated attack on his reputation.

by Anonymousreply 100May 20, 2020 2:27 PM

[quote] He was fired for fucking NBC employees in his office.

Oh please.

by Anonymousreply 101May 20, 2020 2:28 PM

[quote] Ronan looks like an artificial bobble head puppet

There’s something very “uncanny valley” about his looks and I can’t place quite what it is.

by Anonymousreply 102May 20, 2020 2:31 PM

R102, that is totally correct. I do 3D character design and paint portraits and there's definitely something weirdly off about Ronan's face and head.

by Anonymousreply 103May 20, 2020 2:35 PM

I'm surprised Matt isn't riddled with STIs with all the whores he fucked without condoms...

by Anonymousreply 104May 20, 2020 2:46 PM

Lauer makes many valid points, people just don’t want to hear it.

by Anonymousreply 105May 20, 2020 2:50 PM

Doubtful, R100. The Tara Reade/Bernie Sanders folks keep saying he's working on a piece to expose Biden, but there's nothing to expose. There's no way a history of sexual assaults could have been hidden for this long, especially when people have been digging hard to find something for months now.

by Anonymousreply 106May 20, 2020 2:54 PM

¨Matt has always looked like a kiddie diddler. Team Farrow on this one¨ So now heś a pedophile as well? I guess the fact that ḧe looks like a kiddie diddler" to you is a sign he is clearly guilty.

by Anonymousreply 107May 20, 2020 2:56 PM

[quote]the Farrow camp trying to portray Ronan as the ultimate truth teller

There is no "Farrow camp" on Datalounge.

People disagree with you about Lauer being an innocent who was railroaded. That's all. There's no need to invent a conspiracy where a group of like-minded sycophants are out to get you; you're simply being disagreed with.

[quote] You can definitely see how mommie dearest taught Ronan all the tricks. ... Ronan looks like an artificial bobble head puppet. ... mentally damaged crusader Ronan Farrow.

This is not normal. You're not having a normal conversation here.

by Anonymousreply 108May 20, 2020 2:59 PM

MATT LAUER SODOMIZED ME!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 109May 20, 2020 3:08 PM

[quote] Apparently Ronan Farrow is working on a piece about Joe Biden; that explains this coordinated attack on his reputation.

That seems like a logical guess but googling I don't see anything to substantiate it It does appear quite orchestrated.

by Anonymousreply 110May 20, 2020 3:14 PM

[R108] You're talking out your ass and you didn't read the article. That's obvious. Lauer quotes directly from Farrow's book and references numerous claims by Lauer's accuser, including rape, based on her accounts alone, even when she cites other unnamed actors (the boss, the ex-boyfriend, the assistant) who supposedly witnessed and/or were in some fashion privy to said events. Basic journalistic protocols would require Farrow to contact those sources to corroborate the accuser's claims. He didn't. Lauer documents how he himself contacted those parties (now identified by name) and got them to speak on the record (sometimes very reluctantly). None of them corroborated the accuser's claims. That's just for starters.

Those of you who condemn Lauer simply because you don't like him are very irresponsible. That you would be allowed to serve on a jury is scary.

by Anonymousreply 111May 20, 2020 3:20 PM

If Ronan, who I like, is working on a piece about Biden then he is dead to me.

by Anonymousreply 112May 20, 2020 3:22 PM

Whatever.

The View discussed it and destroyed Lauer. Said he had no credibility and there are bigger things to worry about right now than his career. Sunny was particularly offended at Lauer's hubris to try and make himself a victim. They agreed that the Pulitzer prize confirms that Ronan is a legitimate journalist.

by Anonymousreply 113May 20, 2020 3:26 PM

The View is your litmus test?

by Anonymousreply 114May 20, 2020 3:28 PM

[R113] Brick wall. Truly dumb.

by Anonymousreply 115May 20, 2020 3:30 PM

I doubt Mia wants Ronan to be Woody's kid, so why would she lie about it?

by Anonymousreply 116May 20, 2020 3:32 PM

Ronan was very undeservedly given an NBC-affiliated talk show, displayed zero talent as a host, fucked up his chance and was fired. Ronan was given the opportunity to be an investigative journalist, made a big splash based on sensational but uncorroborated claims, and now he's going down in flames for his incompetence and mendacity. A pattern is emerging. He's just another coddled, spoiled celebrity son of rich, spectacularly dysfunctional parents and who's basically a fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 117May 20, 2020 3:40 PM

It's why I call NBC the "Nepotism Broadcasting Company" - not that the other networks aren't just as bad when they hire a shit like McCain, but NBC even tried to hire that Pippa woman from England at one point.

by Anonymousreply 118May 20, 2020 3:54 PM

[quote]Are you seriously equating Lauer with a murderer?

Must be very hard to figure that was an analogy about their personalities.

by Anonymousreply 119May 20, 2020 4:24 PM

How right you are, R118! Shows us what a real divide there exists between the 1% and the rest of humanity. A partial list:

1. Amy Carter: My God! Was she ever bad!

2. Luke Russert: The sympathy hire

3. Jenna Bush Hager: To be honest, she has some camera appeal.

4. Maria Shriver: The Granddaddy of them all. She even admitted that the name got her foot in the door, but she had to perform. She's humorless.

5. And #4 has foisted upon us her daughter Katherine Schwarzenegger, described as an "American author." Of what? Internet posts? So am I!

I read that Meredith Viera has a son who wants to become a journalist. He has a leg up on the Average Joe or Jane. But his mother insisted he learn the business from the bottom up...He's in ButtFuck, Iowa or some such NBC affiliate in the tall grass. Good for her and him. Read the same about one of Lester Holt's sons.

by Anonymousreply 120May 20, 2020 4:24 PM

[quote] He was fired for fucking NBC employees in his office. ....Oh please.

You can pish tish all you want Lady, but that is the official legal reason. That's why he didn't sue for wrongful termination.

by Anonymousreply 121May 20, 2020 4:32 PM

All the rapists are banding together to bring down Satchell.

by Anonymousreply 122May 20, 2020 4:33 PM

R117

He is not going down in flames. The public is overwhelmingly on his side. You're deluded.

by Anonymousreply 123May 20, 2020 4:38 PM

[R123] Another claim invented out of thin air. The journalistic community will determine Ronan's fate - and he's already a pariah at The New York Times for what that's worth.

by Anonymousreply 124May 20, 2020 4:41 PM

He attended Bard College where he became the youngest graduate of that institution at age 15. You can call him a lot of things but stupid isn't one of them. If you think he doesn't have meticulous research to back him and the publisher up, you're nutz.

by Anonymousreply 125May 20, 2020 4:56 PM

Matt could harass me anytime!

by Anonymousreply 126May 20, 2020 5:05 PM

[quote] Fun article, OP. Matt even took a swipe at Ann Curry in it.

I’ve never been a Lauer fan. But that frigid, overrated bitch had it coming. She never deserved the hosting gig to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 127May 20, 2020 5:07 PM

[R125] Invoking credentials doesn't change the fact that he didn't adhere to basic journalistic principles. You're argument is one of blind institutional belief. Trump is a graduate of Wharton Business School but somehow I suspect that that fact isn't going to trigger an argument from you to bolster his business acumen.

I never claimed that Farrow is stupid - but he's obviously unethical.

by Anonymousreply 128May 20, 2020 5:15 PM

Too much money and too much time on his hands. Is he still lolling around the house on Long Island?

"Mommy, why won't daddy leave?".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129May 20, 2020 5:16 PM

[quote] There is no "Farrow camp" on Datalounge.

Yeah right. They were on full attack mode against Woody Allen until they realized people here were not buying Farrow's bs.

[quote]This is not normal. You're not having a normal conversation here.

That's the level of discussion the Farrows deserve.

by Anonymousreply 130May 20, 2020 5:26 PM

[Quote] Ronan Farrow is working on a piece about Joe Biden;

That's interesting. Like to hear more..

by Anonymousreply 131May 20, 2020 5:43 PM

R130 A man who marries his daughter is trash and indefensible

by Anonymousreply 132May 20, 2020 5:45 PM

I think Matt Lauer is gross, but this quote is 100% correct:

“It’s about understanding the difference between journalism and activism. “

I canceled my subscription to The NY Times because they couldn’t make this distinction.

by Anonymousreply 133May 20, 2020 5:56 PM

R132, here we go again. She wasn't Allen's daughter and they never even lived in the same apartment. Soon-Yi's stepdad is Andre Previn, the husband of Mia Farrow's good friend. Mia went to live with them but started fucking Andre behind his wife's back and got pregnant. That's Mia Farrow for you.

I wouldn't give a shit about her private affairs if she wasn't trying to frame Allen as a pedophile just as a revenge. She's a narcissistic witch who abused her step kids mentally and physically. Ronan has lost pretty much all credibility when doing her bidding.

by Anonymousreply 134May 20, 2020 6:02 PM

When you Marry your adopted daughter you may be a pedophile

by Anonymousreply 135May 20, 2020 6:16 PM

R126 = Al Roker

by Anonymousreply 136May 20, 2020 6:23 PM

Once again, this smear campaign is most likely aimed at deflecting attention from the NY AG investigation.

The Biden rumor is probably another bullshit McGuffin planted by Team NBC to deflect from the NY AG investigation of its executive ranks.

by Anonymousreply 137May 20, 2020 6:40 PM

R135, how hard it is for you to understand Allen did not adopt Soon-Yi and never acted as her father? But then again I guess you're fully aware of that but are just deliberately trying to smear Allen. Just what you'd expect from the Farrows.

by Anonymousreply 138May 20, 2020 6:45 PM

This piece exposed Matt as being....a really good journalist.

by Anonymousreply 139May 20, 2020 6:45 PM

I don't see this as a left vs. right issue, especially in the wake of Tara Reade and conservatives attempt to use Lauer as a fall guy for NBC.

by Anonymousreply 140May 20, 2020 6:50 PM

And for Lauer to accuse anyone of “lax journalistic standards” is particularly rich.

Exhibit A: Lauer’s 2014 interview with the wife of the man (white, of course!) who got a slap on the wrist after he killed his toddler by leaving him in a hot car for an entire workday. It was proven that dad had used the car at least one or two times AFTER arriving at work that morning, and STILL noticed NOTHING. They didn’t figure out his “mistake” (yeah right) until that evening.

Mommy-in-denial went on The Today Show to blame the CAR COMPANIES for not having special alarms to alert parents to kids they’ve forgotten in the backseat. Matt just went along with her narrative in the cringeworthy interview, never asking the tough questions. And mom’s campaign must have been a colossal failure, because soon after this interview took place, she, her husband, and their remaining children changed their names to “start a new life.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141May 20, 2020 6:55 PM

R71 Yeah sure, better sit and wait

by Anonymousreply 142May 20, 2020 6:56 PM

R138: Yes, because marry the daughter of your wife makes everything more normal

by Anonymousreply 143May 20, 2020 6:58 PM

Woody Allen and family out to dinner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144May 20, 2020 7:11 PM

Why did Matt wait so long to defend himself?

by Anonymousreply 145May 20, 2020 7:15 PM

[quote]Ronan Farrow is working on a piece about Joe Biden

This is what Reade told the NYT:

[quote]“I emailed Ronan Farrow like four times to the point of stalking and I didn’t hear back,” she added. “Now of course he’s one of the investigative reporters on this.” After The Times’s story was published Thursday, Ms. Reade said that she had meant that Mr. Farrow had not initially responded to her, but they were now “actively communicating.”

My guess is he's found nothing and loathe to publish something negative about Reade like Politico and Vox.

by Anonymousreply 146May 20, 2020 7:29 PM

////

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147May 20, 2020 11:19 PM

[quote] Lauer attempts to discredit Farrow's book

Nope, not attempts, he actually discredits him. That's the type of manipulative language Lauer describes in the article.

by Anonymousreply 148May 20, 2020 11:48 PM

There's no way Woody Allen is Ronan Farrow's biological father.

by Anonymousreply 149May 21, 2020 12:05 AM

Why doesn't Matt just sue Ronan for defamation if this is how he feels?

by Anonymousreply 150May 21, 2020 12:13 AM

[quote]He attended Bard College where he became the youngest graduate of that institution at age 15. You can call him a lot of things but stupid isn't one of them. If you think he doesn't have meticulous research to back him and the publisher up, you're nutz.

Being a child prodigy is not the same as being an experienced journalist.

by Anonymousreply 151May 21, 2020 1:37 AM

[quote]There's no way Woody Allen is Ronan Farrow's biological father.

Mia Farrow implied as much in an interview. It didn't stop her from having Allen apparently pay much of Ronan's education, though. Ronan being Sinatra's son really only reflects badly on Mia Farrow herself since at the time she was with Woody Allen. Then again Allen said in his biography he believes Farrow was fucking around during their relationship all the time, so there you go.

by Anonymousreply 152May 21, 2020 1:50 AM

Who the fuck told Matt Lauer it was ok to come out of his cave??

Get back in there you fucking weasel!!

by Anonymousreply 153May 21, 2020 1:52 AM

R125, intellect doesn't really have anything to do with it in this case. Ronan is brilliant intellectually, but he has emotional problems from his horrible upbringing by an unstable mother, who came from a crazy family herself. That has caused really disordered thinking. He's fixated on certain conclusions and it affects how he evaluates information. And that kind of disordered thinking gets encouraged by his mother. It isn't that Ronan is never right or is unable to do professional reporting. Once he becomes fixated on a notion, his fractured thinking is operating, not professional skills.

by Anonymousreply 154May 21, 2020 2:13 AM

I believe Tina Sinatra that frank had a vasectomy and isn’t Ronan’s bio dad. Even if hadn’t gotten a vasectomy, Frank would’ve been 71 when Ronan was conceived and wasn’t in good health. In fact, around the time Mia would’ve become pregnant Sinatra just recently had major surgery to remove a portion of his large intestine.

by Anonymousreply 155May 21, 2020 3:27 AM

You have no clue how emasculating the very idea of a vasectomy is to Italian men. And they don't come more Italian than Frank.

by Anonymousreply 156May 21, 2020 6:16 AM

Lie all you want, R130, but the Mia Farrow threads on here are almost all still up. Some of the older ones aren't because you psychobiddies with your shrieking hatred of Master Brainwasher and General Evildoer Mia Farrow, Murderer of Half of Her Kids if Not More (tm) got so bad sometimes threads were deleted.

It's easy for anyone to check and see how most of those threads were overrun by hand-wringing rightwing frauen who defended Woody like he was their own husband. What inevitably happened is that after a day or so of psychopathic conspiracy flinging, someone with links and evidence showed up and made all those whiny ass Middle American bitches cry big hot tears of rage. Usually they started a new thread, and then another, and then another.

They're still around claiming Woody Allen is a victim because Ronan completely killed his latest memoir, pretending as though it hasn't already been published and that it was the employees of the publishing house who protested in a walk-out about the Allen memoir, not Ronan, who got the book bumped to another publisher.

But facts aren't really your thing, are they?

by Anonymousreply 157May 21, 2020 10:47 AM

Ridiculous, R154. There isn't a single person on Datalounge who has the experience or knowledge to make an online diagnosis about anyone, let alone some celebrity you know so little about. Actual clinicians don't make diagnoses online.

The armchair psychoanalyses on these threads is astonishing to me. It's inconceivable that anyone would live their life certain that they can diagnose some stranger with a clinical disorder. But pretending to have evidence to prove that Celebrity A is a narcissist or Celebrity B is the victim of childhood sexual trauma is big in gossip circles nowadays, especially for conspiracy and QAnon types.

by Anonymousreply 158May 21, 2020 10:51 AM

[quote]Why doesn't Matt just sue Ronan for defamation if this is how he feels?

Discovery, R150.

by Anonymousreply 159May 21, 2020 1:40 PM

R148 Lauer is in no position of discredit anyone but himself

by Anonymousreply 160May 21, 2020 2:16 PM

[quote] It's easy for anyone to check and see how most of those threads were overrun by hand-wringing rightwing frauen who defended Woody like he was their own husband.

LOL, what a load of nonsense. Are you the one now trying to frame the whole thing as right-wingers vs. liberals where people calling out Farrow's lying are supposedly right-wingers? Sounds like something straight out of Mia Farrow's manipulation playbook. You're trying to paint your opponents as right-wingers on a site that's clearly more on the liberal side. Too bad for you that's clearly bullshit.

You can definitely be a liberal and be on Woody Allen's side plainly because Mia Farrow has been lying. According to you liberals are apparently supposed to be OK with Farrow abusing her step kids and creating a pedophile story just to get even. I personally have always thought the foaming at the mouth people believing everything Farrow says and defending her furiously are mostly women who are outraged that Woody Allen got together with Soon-Yi. The kid abuse thing is a lovely plus to get them even more outraged, and the Farrow cunt clearly knew it when she created the story. Yes, Mia Farrow is someone you can most definitely call a cunt. Judging by the stories I've read her own family agreed since they realized early on her apparently Jekyll and Hyde nature.

Women don't seem to realize that men, straight or gay, realize how they are always at the risk of getting accused of being pedophiles. Traditionally gay men have been accused just because we are gay, and this tactic is still being used around the world in homophobic regimes, plus it's an attack tool the right wing loves to use. Seeing that being used against another man who judging by the evidence seems to be innocent makes personally my blood boil since I've seen enough manipulating bullies in my life to realize Mia Farrow is one. Too bad she got some of her kids manipulated to be on her side. That is why Ronan Farrow cannot be completely trusted because he's making judgments clouded by his own rage against Woody Allen. Obviously he's done some good reporting but this Lauer thing seems to be an example of him trying to corroborate uncertain claims with shoddy evidence. Not really surprising considering he grew up totally believing shoddy evidence presented by his mom and his sister.

by Anonymousreply 161May 21, 2020 2:42 PM

[quote]I canceled my subscription to The NY Times because they couldn’t make this distinction.

I haven't cancelled yet but if I get furloughed, that subscription will be the first to go.

by Anonymousreply 162May 21, 2020 6:34 PM

R161 are you writing a book? Nobody is going to read that wall of words.

by Anonymousreply 163May 21, 2020 6:38 PM

[quote]Why doesn't Matt just sue Ronan for defamation if this is how he feels?

Matt is accusing Ronan of now using proper journalistic standards. Defamation is the practice of damaging one's reputation.

One of the first things Matt does in his op-ed is acknowledge why he got fired, and that's for having inappropriate relationships at NBC. So he's not saying that Ronan is wrong for writing a book about sexual misconduct in the workplace. Matt's admitting that. But Matt is saying that Ronan did not do proper journalistic verification & confirmation when accusing Matt of rape in his book. Ronan said he talked to certain people when apparently he did not - and Matt confirmed that because Matt was the one to talk to the people Ronan allegedly spoke to in writing his book.

by Anonymousreply 164May 21, 2020 6:41 PM

R164, isn't a rape claim defaming if Lauer insists it didn't happen?

So let him sue in a court of law.

by Anonymousreply 165May 21, 2020 6:53 PM

R165 - This is why context is so important, especially in defamation suits. The purpose of Ronan's book was not to accuse Lauer of rape. If that was the case, then Lauer would have a reasonable defamation case. The purpose of Ronan's book was to shine a light on sexual misconduct in the workplace and how it was protected by companies. Ronan's book was about various accounts of misconduct, not just about Matt Lauer. Lauer's conduct was part of a more broader problem at NBC. That's what the book was about. So this is why Lauer went after Farrow journalistically.

by Anonymousreply 166May 21, 2020 7:22 PM

People do understand that to make a defamation case, the statement made by the defendant has to be demonstrably false, and the burden of proof for that is on the plaintiff, right?

by Anonymousreply 167May 21, 2020 7:39 PM

And Lauer ought to know!

by Anonymousreply 168May 21, 2020 7:43 PM

R167 - That's the point I was making (I'm R166). Because Lauer's allegation in Catch & Kill was among a number of other misconduct allegations that took place at NBC, Lauer would basically have to prove in a defamation lawsuit that everything Farrow wrote in the book is false. Again, that's why Lauer went after Farrow journalistically against the rape claim. Lauer admits that he acted inappropriately at NBC, BUT, he did not rape Nevils.

by Anonymousreply 169May 21, 2020 7:45 PM

[quote]that's why Lauer went after Farrow journalistically against the rape claim.

I think NBC interviewed the woman and aired her claims as well. Why isn't Lauer's beef with them? Ronan didn't sack him, NBC did.

by Anonymousreply 170May 21, 2020 8:07 PM

Lauer's reputation was not secret. Exhibit A - Friar's Club Roast of Matt Lauer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171May 21, 2020 8:08 PM

[QUOTE] No one here is saying that Lauer is a great guy

You better believe no one is. What a fucking tool.

by Anonymousreply 172May 21, 2020 8:52 PM

[quote]This is why context is so important, especially in defamation suits. The purpose of Ronan's book was not to accuse Lauer of rape. If that was the case, then Lauer would have a reasonable defamation case.

If anything, why isn't Lauer suing Evan Siegfried? That post at R55 is clearly defaming if Lauer is an innocent man.

by Anonymousreply 173May 22, 2020 4:17 AM

He actually shot on Ronan, while staring into his eyes confidently asking “You like this dick don’t you?”

by Anonymousreply 174May 22, 2020 4:24 AM

I guess old cheating smarmy dick Lauer wants all to forget his backstabbing and other gross behaviors towards both sexes in the workplace. Talk about being glib. His ex-wife needs to write a rebuttal.

by Anonymousreply 175May 22, 2020 4:26 AM

Matt Lauer had a Rape button under his desk for shits sake. It locked the door on his victims. He then allegedly raped them. His reputation is damaged beyond hope and he is having a hissy fit because Ronan was instrumental in bringing about his downfall.

by Anonymousreply 176May 22, 2020 4:54 AM

Both things can be true. Matt Lauer can be a rapey cunt and Ronan Farrow can be a manipulative, shoddy journalist.

by Anonymousreply 177May 22, 2020 5:45 AM

[quote] He then allegedly raped them.

Geez. He's now supposed to have raped his flings?

by Anonymousreply 178May 22, 2020 5:49 AM

[quote]I think NBC interviewed the woman and aired her claims as well. Why isn't Lauer's beef with them? Ronan didn't sack him, NBC did.

FFS! Pay attention. Lauer was fired because of the inappropriate relationship he was having with Nevils after Nevils came forward with a claim of sexual harassment against Lauer. When Nevils went to NBC in regards to their relationship, she did not say that Lauer raped her. Lauer, NBC and Farrow all confirmed this. However, when Nevils talked to Farrow that's when the claim of rape was made. NBC knew Lauer was running around with ladies in the office, but Nevils was the last straw. However, NBC never had a rape claim against Lauer. The rape claim against Lauer came when Ronan's book was published. NBC aired her claims AFTER they were published. This is why Lauer kept quiet UNTIL the rape claim was made. That's when he publicly spoke against it.

by Anonymousreply 179May 22, 2020 5:08 PM

[quote]Matt Lauer had a Rape button under his desk for shits sake.

It was a lock that EVERYONE WITH AN OFFICE HAD AT NBC! Jesus, can we finally get over this point.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180May 22, 2020 5:10 PM

[quote] It was a lock that EVERYONE WITH AN OFFICE HAD AT NBC!

Such as the cast of Friends. But does other people also having a rape button make it good ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181May 22, 2020 5:37 PM

[quote] Ronan writes that an unnamed female colleague had sex with me in my office after I pressed a button that remotely shut the door. (At least he stayed away from the myth that I had a button that could lock someone in my office — a fact that NBC has publicly debunked.)

[quote] But at no time during his reporting did Ronan ever reach out to my assistant to ask her about this sensational story, or anything else he alleges in this book.

Apparently someone didn't read the article.

by Anonymousreply 182May 22, 2020 5:45 PM

The gay who are men acting surprised and scandalized that Matt Lauer was a horndog and a serial philanderer are throwing rocks from their glass houses. I can't believe Lauer's being condemned by some of you for having an overactive sex life. The levels of hypocrisy are surreal. His encounters were consensual and he didn't rape anyone.

by Anonymousreply 183May 22, 2020 6:44 PM

She kept going back to him for whatever reason after he allegedly raped her. Why didn't she file charges? It is confusing. Not saying it didn't happen but her actions are puzzling.

by Anonymousreply 184May 22, 2020 7:45 PM

he was a dick to Ann Curry, and NBC has her gagged for eternity about the whole thing. smarmy bastard.

by Anonymousreply 185May 22, 2020 7:59 PM

Curious to know who actually gives a shit about Matt Lauer, except his family, and even that might be wavering.

by Anonymousreply 186May 22, 2020 8:08 PM

R183 it’s not the gay men; it’s the straight women here getting outraged.

by Anonymousreply 187May 22, 2020 8:22 PM

He wasn't a dick to Ann Curry. Ann Curry was all wrong for that job and it showed. Matt just gets the blame for what everyone else knew.

by Anonymousreply 188May 22, 2020 8:32 PM

Was Ann Curry the drunk?

by Anonymousreply 189May 22, 2020 8:43 PM

What exactly did Matt Lauer say about Ann Curry to throw shade at her? Because even if she wasn't right for the job, I think he acted like a total shit towards her, and then sitting right next to her on her last day, acting like he was her friend was sickening, considering he had already bad-mouthed her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190May 22, 2020 8:47 PM

[quote] His encounters were consensual and he didn't rape anyone.

You his lawyer?

by Anonymousreply 191May 22, 2020 9:07 PM

It's surprising to see Matt Lauer and Ronan in opposition. They have so much in common.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192May 22, 2020 9:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!