Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful friends: Pam Grier's Colorado home is on the market

A real estate Mary friend in Denver sent this link. He's been in the home .He says its very nice and its on a beautiful and very peaceful 5 acre lot. That's her stuff, too. Not staged.

Thoughts?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84May 22, 2020 4:11 PM

I'd guess Pam's fortunes aren't what they were, perhaps.

by Anonymousreply 1May 19, 2020 7:09 PM

Franktown’s in the middle of nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 2May 19, 2020 7:12 PM

Well r1, she's on an ABC series Bless This Mess. I would assume she's not making chump change. I wonder where my Queen is moving to. I love me some Pam Grier!

by Anonymousreply 3May 19, 2020 7:21 PM

I'd furnish it differently, but it's fine. Scenery is nice.

It's so typical mass-build suburban in nearly every aspect, but, again, it's nice enough. It's just not special or unique in any way.

by Anonymousreply 4May 19, 2020 7:22 PM

Not my style of house or setting but nice all the same. Comfortable, well presented, personal but easy for a potential buyer to imagine the place as their own.

For once I've nothing critical to offer, as if I would for Pam Grier/Jackie Brown.

by Anonymousreply 5May 19, 2020 7:22 PM

Maybe keeping up with horses is too much, Pam is 70 now.

by Anonymousreply 6May 19, 2020 7:32 PM

Ha! Not for a million bucks , lady!

by Anonymousreply 7May 19, 2020 7:32 PM

The black Ava Gardner, they said.

No, honky muthafuckas, it’s MISS GRIER, to you!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 19, 2020 7:37 PM

I adore Pam Grier but not her house.

by Anonymousreply 9May 19, 2020 7:40 PM

It's interesting there are duplicate dining sets in rooms next to the kitchen.

It's a fine house but not where I'd choose to live. I love mountain settings but I'd go for more rustic than that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 19, 2020 7:42 PM

Sometimes to avoid I-25, I will take 83 and drive through Parker and Franktown R2. They are very pretty places, but kind of isolated. In the winter there is no "running down to the store".

Same with on the other side of 1-25 on the 105. People live in these big homes on tons of land. I'd be worried I'd have heart attack or break a leg or something and be SOL.

by Anonymousreply 11May 19, 2020 7:43 PM

I can see it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 19, 2020 7:48 PM

Is the hatband fabric torn from her sofa?

by Anonymousreply 13May 19, 2020 7:56 PM

I guess I expected a bit more decorating flair from Pam. All the furnishings, wall art etc. scream "hotel."

by Anonymousreply 14May 19, 2020 8:00 PM

Maybe it's staged.

by Anonymousreply 15May 19, 2020 8:09 PM

Oh, OP said it's not staged. Perhaps partially staged?

by Anonymousreply 16May 19, 2020 8:10 PM

She's lived there for years. I guess the upkeep has gotten too much. She's one hell of a woman. Met her a few times. She's great.

by Anonymousreply 17May 19, 2020 8:15 PM

She was a great beauty back in the day. I like how she embraced the Colorado style. OP, do you know where she's moving?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18May 19, 2020 8:16 PM

One has to sign up to view the interior.

by Anonymousreply 19May 19, 2020 8:21 PM

It's okay. Nice setting. One wonders though how much time she actually spends there. It's inoffensive. Typical decor for someone's rustic Western country cabin.

by Anonymousreply 20May 19, 2020 8:28 PM

Excellent interview with Pam Grier in The New Yorker.

She was raised partly in Colorado and talks about her home in the interview. She loved it. I hope she lands in an even better place.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21May 19, 2020 8:29 PM

I dont hate it. Dont love it either, there's a few individual nice pieces, but, yeah, like R4 says, typical modern suburban house

by Anonymousreply 22May 19, 2020 8:43 PM

So weird thing to notice but ...

The iMac in picture 24 is from 2006, at the latest. Thing is 14 years old.

by Anonymousreply 23May 19, 2020 8:47 PM

Pam was a stunning beauty back in the day, but it’s a shame how she’s let herself go. My mom, who’s 67 was always told in the ‘70’s how she looked just like Pam. But my mom is thin and fit and takes much better care of herself than Pam.

by Anonymousreply 24May 19, 2020 9:02 PM

Love it. It looks great and personalized.

So much different from the banal monstrosities that most celebs live in today.

by Anonymousreply 25May 19, 2020 9:04 PM

Meh. Like the kitchen, but much of the decorating (including interior paint colors) look like it's in suburban Atlanta.

by Anonymousreply 26May 19, 2020 9:12 PM

Warm, spacious, unfussy, comfortable. I like it a lot.

by Anonymousreply 27May 19, 2020 9:16 PM

I love Pam Grier and am happy she can afford an expensive home, but I need someone to explain to me the stairs leading to the top of the washer/dryer. Please?

by Anonymousreply 28May 19, 2020 9:22 PM

It's a mish mash of styles, Western, Asian Boho, and Suburban Beige. Not very cohesive and a little dull. I like the back deck with the green siding, purple umbrella, and orange painting. That's the only spot of life.

by Anonymousreply 29May 19, 2020 9:24 PM

"Rustic... ethnic... Where are we? Shepherd's Bush?"

by Anonymousreply 30May 19, 2020 9:28 PM

Maybe she carries the weight due to multiple rapes from the age of 6.

by Anonymousreply 31May 19, 2020 9:32 PM

Love it!

by Anonymousreply 32May 19, 2020 9:35 PM

I like the back deck too.

by Anonymousreply 33May 19, 2020 9:41 PM

[quote]It's a mish mash of styles, Western, Asian Boho, and Suburban Beige. Not very cohesive and a little dull. I like the back deck with the green siding, purple umbrella, and orange painting. That's the only spot of life.

Cohesive? It's a home. Once again a bunch of silly queens think all celebrities live in cold Architectural Digest layouts.

by Anonymousreply 34May 19, 2020 9:42 PM

r28 I thought that was a doggie door with steps.

by Anonymousreply 35May 19, 2020 9:46 PM

Drums?

by Anonymousreply 36May 19, 2020 9:47 PM

poor thing, has to sell her home. Guess she is scaling down .

by Anonymousreply 37May 19, 2020 9:48 PM

[quote]I love Pam Grier and am happy she can afford an expensive home, but I need someone to explain to me the stairs leading to the top of the washer/dryer. Please?

How is she supposed to sit on the top of the washer when she needs to have a good time?

by Anonymousreply 38May 19, 2020 9:52 PM

[quite]poor thing, has to sell her home. Guess she is scaling down .

Why the pity? Most people I know sell houses to move to some better situation.

by Anonymousreply 39May 19, 2020 9:55 PM

R28 Yeah, the stairs leading to nowhere are weird. Looks like they have some kind of cheap carpeting draped over them too.

The pale wood floors bother me along with the cheap-looking white doors. None of which goes with the deeper brown wood trim. It’s a big confusing mess.

by Anonymousreply 40May 19, 2020 10:05 PM

The stairs are to the downstairs dog door.

by Anonymousreply 41May 19, 2020 10:11 PM

I'd rather spend that money and get something closer to the Front Range than be in the hellhole of nothingness that's known as the place between Denver and Colorado Springs.

by Anonymousreply 42May 19, 2020 10:13 PM

Come on R42. There are the outlet stores in Castle Rock! (sarcasm).

by Anonymousreply 43May 19, 2020 10:23 PM

It's 40 minutes from the airport which is highly desireable.

by Anonymousreply 44May 19, 2020 10:58 PM

[quote] poor thing, has to sell her home. Guess she is scaling down .

She’s starring in the ABC sitcom “Bless This Mess.” Perhaps she’s moving back to CA.

by Anonymousreply 45May 19, 2020 10:59 PM

Not quite Denver and too close to Colorado Springs, fundie capitol of the US.

And no one but no one has heard of Bless This Mess, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 46May 19, 2020 11:01 PM

It's really sort of nice. I'm not big on the beige-y look everywhere, some of the wood is outdated and I wouldn't want a barn. But most of it is nice enough. I'm sure some Republican pharmaceutical rep or doctor will snap this up in a second.

by Anonymousreply 47May 19, 2020 11:03 PM

Franktown is probably 3X more conservative than Colorado Springs R46, and that is kind of a high bar.

Small town and all. Parker is the same way.

by Anonymousreply 48May 19, 2020 11:12 PM

I can't deal with any of the south suburbs. They can all fuck themselves with a rusty, tetanus covered pipe.

by Anonymousreply 49May 19, 2020 11:24 PM

The northern burbs are an hour from Wyoming.

by Anonymousreply 50May 20, 2020 3:16 AM

That was boring. I was hoping for something foxier.

by Anonymousreply 51May 20, 2020 4:48 AM

Why did I think she lived in the projects?

by Anonymousreply 52May 20, 2020 4:52 AM

It's a lovely house for a regular person but I expected something more exotically glamorous from Pam Grier. I know she is a farm girl but it is too plain-jane. Also, $1million seems rather steep for a house in the middle of nowhere attached to a farm.

by Anonymousreply 53May 20, 2020 5:41 AM

I thought she didn't have kids let alone grandkids. I don't get the room with the children's stuff. Or the guitar and drum set.

by Anonymousreply 54May 20, 2020 6:24 AM

Love the house! Spacious without being too grand to be comfortable, very livable and attractive, in a lovely area that's close to some really awesome areas. Of course I'd redecorate a bit, I hate the shade of yellow-orange used on half the walls, and a lot of the furniture isn't really to my taste. A little paint, a few new furnishings, burn that hideous purple-and-floral bedspread in the second bedroom, and I'm good!

Pam is seventy, is she? She probably wants a smaller place, closer to necessities, and with mellower winters. And if she's on a TV show, she may want to be closer to her job. The house is lovely, but it's a hell of a lot of work for an (officially) single lady of seventy.

by Anonymousreply 55May 20, 2020 6:26 AM

[quote] It's a lovely house for a regular person but I expected something more exotically glamorous from Pam Grier. I know she is a farm girl but it is too plain-jane. Also, $1million seems rather steep for a house in the middle of nowhere attached to a farm.

Homes, half that size and on zero acres, on the outskirts of the tiny NC town where I grew up sale for $600.000. What price would you expect for a 4000 sq ft home on 4 acres?

[quote] I thought she didn't have kids let alone grandkids. I don't get the room with the children's stuff. Or the guitar and drum set.

She probably does have family and friends who do have children. Most people do, even if they personally don’t.

by Anonymousreply 56May 20, 2020 6:27 AM

My thoughts on the house - I sure do enjoy her as an actress.

by Anonymousreply 57May 20, 2020 6:28 AM

[quote] I thought she didn't have kids let alone grandkids. I don't get the room with the children's stuff. Or the guitar and drum set.

Maybe she identifies as a 6-year-old. It happens.

by Anonymousreply 58May 20, 2020 6:37 AM

Jackie Brown is excellence. House is nice enough. Decor is awful..

by Anonymousreply 59May 20, 2020 7:20 AM

Jackie Brown is excellence. House is nice enough. Decor is awful..

by Anonymousreply 60May 20, 2020 7:20 AM

[quote]Pam is seventy, is she? She probably wants a smaller place, closer to necessities, and with mellower winters. And if she's on a TV show, she may want to be closer to her job.

Exactly. Her show is doing pretty well (Better than Stumptown, Mixed-ish and even Black-ish) and will more than likely get another season.

by Anonymousreply 61May 20, 2020 7:53 AM

It's very liveable.

by Anonymousreply 62May 20, 2020 6:23 PM

It's very liveable.

by Anonymousreply 63May 20, 2020 6:23 PM

I don't know if people know this but Pam's family were some of the first black settlers in Colorado. She's a real frontier woman.

by Anonymousreply 64May 20, 2020 6:31 PM

She should have been nominated for an Oscar for Jackie Brown.

Great movie.

by Anonymousreply 65May 20, 2020 6:35 PM

I love the outside of the house, and all the windows. That yard needs a lot of work, which is fine. I'll take it. Someone buy it for me. I'm ready to move out of the city.

by Anonymousreply 66May 20, 2020 6:47 PM

Seems like she wants to live far, far away from Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 67May 20, 2020 6:49 PM

All your cunts bitching about this? It's lovely. I can't wait to get the fuck out of Los Angeles! I need some open spaces.

by Anonymousreply 68May 20, 2020 6:54 PM

She probably always had a place in LA and in CO

by Anonymousreply 69May 20, 2020 11:26 PM

[R24, ] she "'let herself go"' due to nearly dying of cancer, become infertile afterwards, and being dumped by her younger husband in the process (according to an "Intimate Portrait"-type interview I saw on cable).

It was so cool to discover Ms. Grier in Diane Keaton's latest movie; I hope that t.v show is successful .

by Anonymousreply 70May 21, 2020 10:05 AM

I agree about Jackie Brown. And I loved "Max" in it, the actor who just died. And probably my favorite Bridget Fonda role. She has so few.

by Anonymousreply 71May 21, 2020 12:51 PM

I'm baffled at the people who love this home. It's full of 1970s Native American fetishist kitsch and the building itself looks basic as hell, almost like a small community center where they host meetings and knitting classes.

I think that faux distressed American flag nailed to the outside was bought at Hobby Lobby, for crying out loud. Tacky.

by Anonymousreply 72May 21, 2020 12:54 PM

[quote]I thought she didn't have kids let alone grandkids. I don't get the room with the children's stuff. Or the guitar and drum set.

We don't actually know this is her house, we're just taking a couple of people's word for it.

by Anonymousreply 73May 21, 2020 12:56 PM

She's got a great role on a popular ABC sitcom so doubt she is truly hurting for money..

by Anonymousreply 74May 21, 2020 3:51 PM

Told this story before. Met her at Chiller the autograph show a few years ago. First night, first in line. I told her that I spent the summer reading 65 celebrity autobiographies and hers was the best. Total truth. She jumped up and gave me a big hug and says that means so much to her. She was genuinely thrilled. So she sits down and says wait, I just digitized all my records at home and she reaches into her bag and pulls out a bunch of 45's. She takes one and signs it to me and just gives it to me. So I have Pam Grier's childhood 45rpm record of Sly & The Family Stone's "Everybody Is A Star".

Now truth, if you want a great read, get her book "Foxy", as soon as I read it, I started it again. Tarantino needs to make a movie of it (which I told her too)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75May 21, 2020 6:39 PM

Great story, R75. I'll read her book.

by Anonymousreply 76May 21, 2020 7:32 PM

Is that children’s playroom full of toys for her grandkids?

by Anonymousreply 77May 21, 2020 7:46 PM

[quote]So I have Pam Grier's childhood 45rpm record of Sly & The Family Stone's "Everybody Is A Star".

Pam was 21 years old when that song came out...

by Anonymousreply 78May 21, 2020 7:48 PM

[quote]Great story, [R75]. I'll read her book.

Come back and let me know what you think, I'm not alone in thinking it's terrific.

by Anonymousreply 79May 21, 2020 8:03 PM

'Bless This Mess " cancelled today

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80May 21, 2020 9:28 PM

Bless This Mess and Single Parents are the only two sitcoms I watch. Boo. It’s GCB all over again.

by Anonymousreply 81May 22, 2020 1:30 AM

Bless This Mess and Single Parents are the only two sitcoms I watch. Boo. It’s GCB all over again.

by Anonymousreply 82May 22, 2020 1:30 AM

shit, "Bless this Mess" was genuinely funny (Lake Bell helped a lot, great oddball timing). Of course it gets cancelled. Fucking ABC.

I would take it off my networks but I need that one half hour with David Muir daily. But they are hanging on by a thread.

by Anonymousreply 83May 22, 2020 4:08 PM

(P.S. They cancel this but keep that piece of shit soapy show with our hated "Cancer Salad" guy on it? Such bullshit).

by Anonymousreply 84May 22, 2020 4:11 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!