Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is anyone else, lesbian or bisexual female, as obsessed with France's Lagarde, as I am?

She is the epitome of lesbian sexuality, for me. Intelligent, highly educated, tall...just so goddamn sexy. How is she viewed in France? Does she have a good reputation? Is she, even rumored, family? Chime in and share your thoughts.

by Anonymousreply 44May 24, 2020 3:27 PM

Nope.

by Anonymousreply 1May 18, 2020 10:44 PM

Sorry about that, I forgot the link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 18, 2020 10:46 PM

Hope this one works.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 18, 2020 10:51 PM

Gross

by Anonymousreply 4May 18, 2020 10:58 PM

I am a straight older female. So maybe you don't want my opinion. I find Lagarde very impressive. At this point she is really showing her age IMO, but up until recently, I thought she was a strikingly attractive woman, and of course she's brilliant and her English, while accented, apparently is perfect. She is super accomplished (was even a great swimmer--maybe even in the Olympics). I think she is married, but maybe she's bi. I'm not obsessed with her but I think you have good taste.

by Anonymousreply 5May 18, 2020 10:59 PM

Saw her while out jogging

Exudes presence

by Anonymousreply 6May 18, 2020 11:05 PM

R5, thanks. She was married from 82 to 92, with one son. She hasn't been connected to anyone romantically, to my knowledge, since then. I'm besotted with her.

by Anonymousreply 7May 18, 2020 11:14 PM

She has an impressive career, I certainly find her inspiring. Don't find her sexy though. What's hot about her?

by Anonymousreply 8May 18, 2020 11:18 PM

Oh God! R8, she's the entire package, except for being straight. Intelligent, commanding, forthright, takes no crap, exquisite career, statuesque, attractive, eloquent speaker... I should stop...but I can go on, if you want.

by Anonymousreply 9May 18, 2020 11:27 PM

I’m as gay as a man can be but I would do anything this woman asked once I saw this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 18, 2020 11:30 PM

R10, take me along with you. Would literally sell my house for an hour of her time.

by Anonymousreply 11May 18, 2020 11:33 PM

Yes, the snubbing Ivanka episode really boosted her image in my book.

She was a champion athlete. Personally, I can't deal with overachievers like her, but I can see how someone could be smitten with her.

by Anonymousreply 12May 18, 2020 11:35 PM

She's sexy in the sense that she's a star in her field, funny, smart, successful, sophisticated, elegant, impeccably dressed, a former synchronised swimmer and, well, French, which is pretty sexy in itself. But she just isn't good-looking, at least not in my opinion.

She's also straight. Sure, she could be bi and there is a slight pingy thing going on with her but she has a male partner and seems very happy with him, I think.

by Anonymousreply 13May 18, 2020 11:40 PM

Also, since she went to the IMF she got those weird American teeth done. At least she's back in Europe now.

by Anonymousreply 14May 18, 2020 11:42 PM

French lesbian here. The answer to your question, OP, is no. However, I do find Margrethe Vestager very hot, and interesting.

by Anonymousreply 15May 19, 2020 9:19 AM

R15, thank you. I'm so sad now.

by Anonymousreply 16May 19, 2020 1:20 PM

I'm impressed with her but not infatuated. Good for you, OP. I love that sweet ache of longing. I, too, am obsessed with someone and understand.

by Anonymousreply 17May 19, 2020 1:30 PM

I am all about Denmark's Margrethe Vestager. Trump, Google, Apple all fear her. She's the sh!t! And as far as I know she's the only top EU politician who each year actively attends Gay Pride. I've met her several times. She's tall, super intelligent, holds high morals but cold as ice. So of course she's a gay icon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18May 19, 2020 1:43 PM

Isn't Vestager supposedly the inspiration for the female politician in the Danish crime series

by Anonymousreply 19May 19, 2020 1:50 PM

^ Whoops, tapped paste instead of post.

Vestager is the inspiration for the female politician in the Danish crime series Borgen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20May 19, 2020 1:52 PM

^ I mean, post instead of paste.

by Anonymousreply 21May 19, 2020 1:52 PM

r19 Yes, Sidse Babett Knudsen followed Vestager around Borgen prior to filming the TV serie Borgen. But Sidse Babett added humour to the character.

How can you say no to this sexy power frau! 😍😍😍

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 19, 2020 1:57 PM

Borgen is not a crime serie. It's a political drama tv serie. They are now filming season 4 or 5.

by Anonymousreply 23May 19, 2020 1:58 PM

Don't be sad, OP. When people are from somewhere else there's that "exotic" factor which we may not be aware of but makes them extra attractive. It never works at home.

by Anonymousreply 24May 19, 2020 2:04 PM

Good thread, OP. I'm curious to see some of the answers. I'm a gay guy so otherwise useless to the topic of your thread, but I'm always happy to see lesbian-themed threads on this board. I think you're underrepresented here (and I'm happy to read any non-COVID-related content any time).

What do you think of Lagarde's (in)famous quote that "If it had been Lehman Sisters rather than Lehman Brothers, the world might well look a lot different today?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25May 19, 2020 3:21 PM

R25, I liked the statement; however, I preferred the ones she makes, regarding the players at the table. She said she doesn't want to be the only female at the table; she she further states, knowing companies with female management overwhelmingly performs better, it is beyond overdue for women to have a place there.

God, she's amazing. Also, the question is open to everyone; I just figured, this is DL; most would not be interested in this topic. I'm an odd duck really; I become attracted to people most throw on the rubbish heap, looks wise. Condi Rice is another I'm very smitten with. BTW, I'm black, from outside of the United States, but I've lived here since I was a young child; I'm female as well.

by Anonymousreply 26May 19, 2020 4:26 PM

I think you have a much better chance with Condi Rice. But are you into football?

by Anonymousreply 27May 19, 2020 4:34 PM

European football. Haha, I guess we could argue about which is better. Condi Rice is going to firmly stay in her closet. But I do admire her career. Thanks for your responses.

by Anonymousreply 28May 19, 2020 4:53 PM

Straight women are attracted to old ugly powerful men so I guess lesbians have the same leanings.

by Anonymousreply 29May 19, 2020 5:03 PM

I do believe women, gay or straight, are wired to be attracted to those we perceive as powerful, yes. I know I am.

by Anonymousreply 30May 19, 2020 5:10 PM

OP: I hate to burst your bubble but I worked with a guy who used to be an assistant to Condoleezza Rice at Stanford University when she was Provost there, and he said she was an absolute horror. Also, apparently the entire Department of State rejoiced when she left office.

Hopefully Luc Tuymans' beyond-disturbing portrait of her, "The Secretary of State," will cure you of your crush:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31May 19, 2020 5:11 PM

r10 The French way of saying ":Aint nobody got time for that"!

by Anonymousreply 32May 19, 2020 5:13 PM

OP, you're cute and very likeable. I hope you find yourself a fabulous Lagarde-like girlfriend soon.

by Anonymousreply 33May 19, 2020 5:19 PM

R31, my attraction, unfortunately, isn't based on beauty; it's a very small addition to a package. Intelligence is far more sexually attractive, to me. Condi entered university at 14 years old, is a concert level pianist and speaks 3 languages.... that turns me on, far more than her being pretty.

by Anonymousreply 34May 19, 2020 5:21 PM

In Courchevel in the early 2000s, she and Bernard Tapie snubbed me at a party that was dripping with Saudi gotha. I might have done the same if I were them and they were me, a nobody.

by Anonymousreply 35May 19, 2020 5:24 PM

Miss Rice was very fucking concerned about the Russian threat against democracy during her political career.

Dead silence from that person now.

by Anonymousreply 36May 19, 2020 5:25 PM

I understand, but it's not about pretty or ugly--that portrait makes her look like pure evil. A monster. And by all accounts she's not a pleasant person.

by Anonymousreply 37May 19, 2020 5:26 PM

The only amusing tidbit I know about Condoleeza Rice is that she owns (owned?) a house with another woman whose last name is Bean. You can't forget that after you find it out. Have no idea if they're a couple. Would imagine so.

by Anonymousreply 38May 19, 2020 9:10 PM

I view her as skin cancer patient. Her intensely tan skin is quite distracting.

by Anonymousreply 39May 19, 2020 9:34 PM

Christine Lagarde tells the Financial Times what the first thing she'll do after lockdown is

[quote]Christine Lagarde

PRESIDENT, EUROPEAN CENTRAL BANK

We have all had to adjust our work-life balance during lockdown. But I did not know that, by myself in Frankfurt, I would not see my family members for nearly 10 weeks, other than on my cell-phone screen. When I saw my 14-month-old grandson kiss my son’s phone to wish me goodbye, I knew what I missed most . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40May 23, 2020 12:56 PM

I think the op.has been sufficiently humiliated. Not all our feelings and perceptions be normal. Fix it.

by Anonymousreply 41May 23, 2020 1:07 PM

R41, that is incorrect; I'm still infatuated with Madame Lagarde.

by Anonymousreply 42May 24, 2020 3:12 PM

What about the Serbian prime minister, OP?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43May 24, 2020 3:26 PM

Lesbians really are turned on by personality.

by Anonymousreply 44May 24, 2020 3:27 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!