Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Joaquin Phoenix Knocks Up Rooney Mara

Will they name the baby River?

by Anonymousreply 39June 8, 2020 8:54 PM

They're rumored to be engaged. I hope Phoenix doesn't sign a pre-nup so that he can get some of that Pittsburgh Steelers/NY Giants money.

by Anonymousreply 1May 18, 2020 8:23 PM

Another frau thread.

by Anonymousreply 2May 18, 2020 8:26 PM

I thought he would, he's only a jobbing actor with a whole lot of unemployed relatives.

Get that Mara family money!

by Anonymousreply 3May 18, 2020 8:55 PM

Good for him. Rich baby mama who doesn’t need his money. At 45, why not? He can always walk away.

by Anonymousreply 4May 18, 2020 9:10 PM

They should name the baby Arizona. Regardless of the baby's gender.

by Anonymousreply 5May 18, 2020 9:12 PM

River would be 50 this year.

by Anonymousreply 6May 18, 2020 9:14 PM

I hope it has a harelip so Wendy Whackadoodle can insult it and pretend to be sorry after getting out on blast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 18, 2020 9:32 PM

Gross.

by Anonymousreply 8May 18, 2020 9:33 PM

Another celebrity bastard, hurrah!

by Anonymousreply 9May 18, 2020 9:39 PM

If the virus and the murder hornets don’t kill us, any child spawned from these two eventually will.

They’re definitely having the world’s first infant serial killer.

by Anonymousreply 10May 18, 2020 9:44 PM

I can't believe his awful Joker picture made a billion dollars. I mean, good for him...but...

by Anonymousreply 11May 18, 2020 9:45 PM

If the rumors are true this will be Joaquin's second child.

by Anonymousreply 12May 18, 2020 9:47 PM

I hope they don't name it River. That's a huge burden for any kid to carry, being named after their dead druggie bisexual 90s icon uncle.

by Anonymousreply 13May 18, 2020 9:50 PM

He already has a nephew named Rio.

by Anonymousreply 14May 18, 2020 9:53 PM

If it's a boy, Xavier Phoenix would be a badass name.

by Anonymousreply 15May 18, 2020 9:57 PM

R12 that was my first thought, too. R.I.P. Winter Phoenix.

And poor Rain. This must be upsetting. Leaving aside the obvious big impediment she was well-suited to Joaquin, and it’s also they were happy together for a long time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 18, 2020 10:45 PM

Wait, WHAT, R16?

by Anonymousreply 17May 18, 2020 10:55 PM

R17 baby, where have you been? It’s been a persistent rumour since the ‘90s that Rain & Joaquin are the love of each other’s lives and have dated on-and-off since they were highschool age.

They had stints living in the same house for ages (since River died, and as recently as 2013), and according to casual acquaintances allegedly slept in the same bed (under the admittedly-believable pretext that Joaquin suffers traumatic adult night terrors). Before Rooney, Joaquin would usually take Rain as his date to events (we all know the closet-case choice is Mom, not Big Sis), and it would seem of all the siblings they have the closest alignment of values and interests (art, vegan activism, New Age fuckery etc.). Until the success of JOKER and the engagement to Rooney in the last year or two, Rain & Joaquin seemed to be more distant and maybe even temporarily on the outs; one has to wonder if this is a con or a bearding situation meant to benefit the Phoenixes at Mara’s expense...

The deep cut conspiracy is that they had a baby boy named Winter together in February 1993 (when Rain was around 20, the same year River died), and that this child either sadly died a newborn, was aborted or got adopted out/renamed and was never tracked down.

We’ve talked about Rainquin before on DL, most recently last winter (!) in the linked thread. It’s a tragic romance, really.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18May 19, 2020 2:22 PM

R17 baby, where have you been? It’s been a persistent rumour since the ‘90s that Rain & Joaquin are the love of each other’s lives and have dated on-and-off since they were highschool age.

They had stints living in the same house for ages (since River died, and as recently as 2013), and according to casual acquaintances allegedly slept in the same bed (under the admittedly-believable pretext that Joaquin suffers traumatic adult night terrors). Before Rooney, Joaquin would usually take Rain as his date to events (we all know the closet-case choice is Mom, not Big Sis), and it would seem of all the siblings they have the closest alignment of values and interests (art, vegan activism, New Age fuckery etc.). Until the success of JOKER and the engagement to Rooney in the last year or two, Rain & Joaquin seemed to be more distant and maybe even temporarily on the outs; one has to wonder if this is a con or a bearding situation meant to benefit the Phoenixes at Mara’s expense...

The deep cut conspiracy is that they had a baby boy named Winter together in February 1993 (when Rain was around 20, the same year River died), and that this child either sadly died a newborn, was aborted or got adopted out/renamed and was never tracked down.

We’ve talked about Rainquin before on DL, most recently last winter (!) in the linked thread. It’s a tragic romance, really.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 19, 2020 2:22 PM

Living in the same house and having the same interests doesn't make them lovers, you need to get out more.

by Anonymousreply 20May 19, 2020 2:28 PM

So gross. Poor kid, to have such attention whore weirdos for parents.

by Anonymousreply 21May 19, 2020 2:58 PM

God, what would River be like now if he lived? Compared to actors today, his talent seemed incandescent. And the photography that exists of him is unreal and worth a second look. Not just the key art from his bigger movies - but the stuff from Interview, Spin and whatnot when he was older. Just phenomenal. Google image search his name - a true chameleon. He could be beautiful, ugly and enigmatic all in one photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 19, 2020 3:08 PM

I honestly think that if River had lived, he'd have retired from acting by the time he was 30. He seemed to really hate fame by the end.

by Anonymousreply 23May 19, 2020 3:28 PM

Wow, R19 (and R18), I really had no idea! Thanks for filling me in. I'll check out that thread.

I guess nothing surprises me about Joaquin Phoenix--except that women find him attractive (people other than his sister, I mean, and there seem to be a lot of them).

by Anonymousreply 24May 19, 2020 5:12 PM

"God, what would River be like now if he lived?"

Like most small, boyishly pretty men who can play teenagers well into their twenties, he would have turned into a gnome at age thirty.

And I doubt he'd have been able to quit acting, not with so many unemployed relatives with their hands out, and IMHO he would have slowly slipped off the A-list as he matured even if he'd tried to stay there. He just wouldn't have aged into a grownup Leading Man type, it's have been supporting roles for him, if he were stable enough to show up and do his job. Which is in doubt, the guy was deeply troubled in his last years and the odds of his becoming a too-much-too-soon case were decent.

by Anonymousreply 25May 19, 2020 5:13 PM

"I guess nothing surprises me about Joaquin Phoenix--except that women find him attractive "

He is a moderately attractive man onscreen. Not a raving beauty, of course, but he's moderately handsome and while the camera isn't madly in love with him, it thinks he has an interesting face and it likes to look at him. He also reads as that kind of slightly withdrawn man who proves to have intelligence, sensitivity, and deep feelings once you draw him out, and he doesn't always read as having deep craziness in there as well. He seemed sane enough when he played Johnny Cash, troubled but not crazy like he is in so many roles.

And IMHO he's quite a good actor, because he seems to be a dolt and a flake in real life, and I don't want to know what hidden depths of crazy there are in real life.

by Anonymousreply 26May 19, 2020 5:24 PM

I can't even begin to think just how autistic that child is going to be.

by Anonymousreply 27May 19, 2020 5:27 PM

[quote]That doesn't stop everyone from going on to greater things.

by Anonymousreply 28May 19, 2020 9:35 PM

[quote]Like most small, boyishly pretty men who can play teenagers well into their twenties, he would have turned into a gnome at age thirty.

That doesn't stop everyone from going on to greater things.

by Anonymousreply 29May 19, 2020 9:36 PM

Like encephalitis and environmental crime, R29?

by Anonymousreply 30May 22, 2020 4:59 PM

They should name the baby “Arizona.”

by Anonymousreply 31May 22, 2020 5:00 PM

R20 is such a gasping censorious Mary, yet so banal at the same time. Sometimes adult siblings or cousins share a sexual attraction and do actually fuck irl, and it’s not some Kenneth Anger fever dream you need to wave away with a trembling flapping hand and a “Heavens, no!”.

by Anonymousreply 32May 22, 2020 5:19 PM

The Arizona jokes are great.

I'd name it (and you know it will be genderless) Multi-Vitamin.

by Anonymousreply 33May 22, 2020 5:26 PM

Honey, that chile is gonna have the super autism.

by Anonymousreply 34June 4, 2020 1:31 AM

How could that emaciated creature, who probably hasn't a period in a decade, get pregnant?

Must have been assisted fertility of some sort. - the type that led to equally emaciated Jolie's twins...

by Anonymousreply 35June 4, 2020 1:47 AM

I can't stand Rooney's acting so I'd like to thank Joaquin's penis for encouraging her retirement.

by Anonymousreply 36June 4, 2020 1:49 AM

Lake, Creek, Stream - all good possibilities.

by Anonymousreply 37June 4, 2020 4:34 AM

I love that on mobile thread title reads ‘Joaquin Phoenix knocks up..” then cuts off. Imagine the possibilities.

by Anonymousreply 38June 4, 2020 12:55 PM

I wonder how good his Joker would have been opposite Bale’s Batman. Maybe all the gloomy introverted insanity emanating from both would have cancelled the chemistry out.

by Anonymousreply 39June 8, 2020 8:54 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!