Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How on earth does Jim Gaffigan have a career?

He is the least funny person in human history.

How???

Why???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27May 24, 2020 6:35 PM

He’s ugly af too

by Anonymousreply 1May 17, 2020 3:31 PM

I disagree, I find him funny. He’s also “family friendly” so he has that angle going for him.

Most comedians are unattractive.

by Anonymousreply 2May 17, 2020 3:33 PM

Haven't heard him lately but used to find him hilarious

by Anonymousreply 3May 17, 2020 3:34 PM

Is he hung?

by Anonymousreply 4May 17, 2020 3:35 PM

He's gone into family friendly dad humor. I was shocked when he showed up on This Morning, I guess he's an intellectual too.

by Anonymousreply 5May 17, 2020 3:36 PM

He's slowly morphing into Peter Griffin.

by Anonymousreply 6May 17, 2020 3:37 PM

Hot Pockets

by Anonymousreply 7May 17, 2020 3:38 PM

R4 would anyone even remotely be able to find it in his gunt?

by Anonymousreply 8May 17, 2020 3:38 PM

He's had some really fresh and funny stand-up routines. He's one of my favorites. Some of his takes on food, camping, hotels, etc. are spot on and hilarious.

I think OP watched his Sunday Morning on CBS gig, which is just weird. I admit he has not been very funny on that show, but it doesn't mean he doesn't have some great standup.

by Anonymousreply 9May 17, 2020 3:39 PM

Steady middle of the road career. He was so funny in his guest appearance on Flight of the Conchords.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 17, 2020 3:41 PM

R9 bingo, that's where I have been seeing him.

But he was in several shows before too. They had a sitcom on CBS with him and Christine Baranski which was just painful to watch. I have never found him funny.

by Anonymousreply 11May 17, 2020 3:42 PM

He’s funny. It’s gentle observational humor.

by Anonymousreply 12May 17, 2020 3:51 PM

He isn’t OP. Fraus and older people find him charming and non-threatening. The people here who find him hilarious are likely middle age. Not knocking that. I’m really not. But he isn’t really a comedian as much as he is a product for family friendly mommies and grandparents. And he knows it. He’s pretty smart to fill that gap with his “product”.

by Anonymousreply 13May 17, 2020 3:52 PM

I don't think of him as a 'clean' comedian, just a really funny guy. In the Seinfeld series ' comedians in car getting coffee' he and Seinfeld talk about the difficulty of working clean - how easy it would be to go the 'fuck' route instead of crafting a punch line. Brian Regan is another comedian who puts a lot of work into his bits and it pays off in big laughs. Also, these guys do not have a corps of writers; they write their own shtick so it's amazing they can offer a fresh show every year (except for Seinfeld; he's still rehashing shit).

by Anonymousreply 14May 17, 2020 4:07 PM

I love him for talking about encountering a non-working escalator and yelling from the bottom for help. I think about that a lot.

by Anonymousreply 15May 17, 2020 4:10 PM

He's funny. He has that one joke about female crime victims I find hysterical. It's about how shows like 48 Hours always say, everyone loved her...hello, she was murdered; someone hated her, kind of a lot.

by Anonymousreply 16May 17, 2020 5:29 PM

I liked his TVLand sitcom, with Michael Ian Black as his wife's bitchy gay friend. I could almost even tolerate Adam Goldberg. Macaulay Culkin had a recurring role as himself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17May 17, 2020 9:30 PM

Momma told you the world revolved around you, didn't she OP?

by Anonymousreply 18May 17, 2020 10:08 PM

I know him only from CBS Sunday Morning. He annoys but never amuses.

by Anonymousreply 19May 17, 2020 10:13 PM

My mother and I are bonded over the fact that we mutually despise him.

by Anonymousreply 20May 17, 2020 10:33 PM

and here he is again, with his not-cute lisp

by Anonymousreply 21May 24, 2020 3:13 PM

I don't really know much about him, haven't caught him on tv or whatever he does very often. I did check out his book "Food: A Love Story from the library and it was mind numbingly boring. A lot of those sorts of books are, unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 22May 24, 2020 3:32 PM

His new special is funny

by Anonymousreply 23May 24, 2020 3:44 PM

Clearly, OP is in denial. The world loves this guy or else he wouldn't have millions of dollars. Just sayin'

by Anonymousreply 24May 24, 2020 3:44 PM

In fairness, Jim Gaffigan isn't even close to the "least funny person in human history." People like Jimmy Fallon and Andy Samberg are more deserving of that distinction. Granted, that doesn't make Gaffigan funny, but he did make me giggle once when he was on Andy Cohen's show. I wish I could find the clip online, but Andy was talking about being gay and said "I'm a top." Gaffigan giggled like a school girl and Andy shot him a nasty look. It was extremely funny and Gaffigan didn't even have to say a word.

by Anonymousreply 25May 24, 2020 6:04 PM

he

is

F A T

by Anonymousreply 26May 24, 2020 6:08 PM

[quote]He is the least funny person in human history.

OP, less funny than Hitler? Bin Laden? Vlad the Impaler? Milton Berle?

by Anonymousreply 27May 24, 2020 6:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!