Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Stars who intentionally committed suicide

method, what was their likely reasoning and do you think it was justified?

my big 3: Robin Williams suicide by hanging. reason, Lewy body disease that would cause serious dementia. I get this one, if I see signs of dementia or alzheimers, I plan to commit suicide too. it's literally my worst fear.

Chester Bennington suicide by hanging. major chemical and circumstantial depression, likely due to being sexually abused as a child. Depression is a tough one for me, he had a bunch of kids and many resources but really, one never knows what's going on in someone's head. but barring external circumstances (becoming homeless, cancer etc) I wish the person had been able to dig a little deeper because most things pass and get better even though they can't see it that way at the time.

Alexander McQueen suicide by hanging due to anxiety and chemical depression. my thoughts are the same as about Chester.

It always worries me if people who seem to have everything and all the resources in the world fail at surviving depression, what chance do the rest of us have?

by Anonymousreply 243May 22, 2020 10:58 PM

Anthony Bourdain, hanging. I have no clue why, he seemed one of the least likely of people to commit suicide. I wonder if there was some neurological damage from past drug use.

by Anonymousreply 1May 17, 2020 12:00 AM

George Reeves

by Anonymousreply 2May 17, 2020 12:03 AM

I think part of the answer lies in the fact that depression, as an illness or mental imbalance, is still hard to quantify and many people see it as a failing. It carries a social stigma like any other mental disorder with less of the sympathy people are apt to feel for other equally debilitating handicaps.

I have intermittent depression and also suffered an accident years ago that nearly took my life and left me having to learn to walk again. The latter, while horrible, was easier to deal with because I knew exactly what was wrong with me, worked to fix it, felt it was a goal and was given encouragement and help by everyone, from family to complete strangers.

by Anonymousreply 3May 17, 2020 12:04 AM

Kurt Cobain. Yes, he did want fame badly. No, he did not handle it well.

by Anonymousreply 4May 17, 2020 12:06 AM

Happy to be the grammarian. OP, how would one unintentionally commit suicide?

by Anonymousreply 5May 17, 2020 12:06 AM

I always found it strange how close together Kate Spade and Bourdains suicides were. I remember first hearing about Anthony's suicide on DL and thinking it was a hoax from a bored poster.

by Anonymousreply 6May 17, 2020 12:06 AM

R5 Not OP but didn't David Carradine unintentionally commit suicide?

by Anonymousreply 7May 17, 2020 12:08 AM

r5, I consider drug addiction and alcoholism to be types of suicide. not fast or necessarily intentional but suicide nonetheless. and I didn't want a bunch of overdoses and 'drank too much, puked in sleep' listed.

by Anonymousreply 8May 17, 2020 12:09 AM

Gig Young, murder-suicide

by Anonymousreply 9May 17, 2020 12:10 AM

R5---

1) Overdose

2) Recklessness: swimming in unsafe places, motorbikes and cars etc.

by Anonymousreply 10May 17, 2020 12:11 AM

Inger Stevens (who starred in "The Farmer's Daughter" and a lot of classic TV (including the Twilight Zone episode where she keeps seeing the same hitchhiker on the road). At the time the rumor was that she swallowed cleaning fluid ("a Liquid Plumber cocktail") but I think it was actually a drug overdose.

She had done the pilot for a new TV series that was picked up. It was recast with Yvette Mimieux.

by Anonymousreply 11May 17, 2020 12:11 AM

R11, going my way?

by Anonymousreply 12May 17, 2020 12:14 AM

Maggie McNamara

by Anonymousreply 13May 17, 2020 12:14 AM

Lupe Velez. She was a Latina actress and comedienne who always played happy-go-lucky roles. She was in movies playing a character nicknamed “Mexican Spitfire,” a sort of Carmen Miranda, Charo type role. Just happy and funny all the time.

She got pregnant by a lover who wouldn’t marry her and killed herself with an overdose of Seconal. It was said later that she may have been bipolar and was depressed towards the end of her life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 17, 2020 12:14 AM

Jennifer Jones and David Selznick s daughter jumped off of a roof in the 70s.

by Anonymousreply 15May 17, 2020 12:14 AM

[quote] David Selznick s daughter jumped off of a roof in the 70s.

She was gone with the wind.

by Anonymousreply 16May 17, 2020 12:16 AM

r15, was she the one who had some weird connection with a serial killer?

by Anonymousreply 17May 17, 2020 12:17 AM

Marilyn Monroe: she suffered from excruciating depression and loneliness. I think she took her pills and made some phone calls because she was lonely and wanted the attention. I think she may have thought better of it, but by then it was too late.

by Anonymousreply 18May 17, 2020 12:19 AM

Jonathan Brandis

Aaron Hernandez

Mindy McCready

by Anonymousreply 19May 17, 2020 12:19 AM

[quote] Anthony Bourdain, hanging. I have no clue why, he seemed one of the least likely of people to commit suicide.

The travel and the wine, women and song and the persona of a raconteur he cultivated was all part of managing his inability to stand still and exist. Watching his shows, he seemed to be an unhappy and unwell man.

by Anonymousreply 20May 17, 2020 12:20 AM

Chris Cornell, again, hanging and life long depression. I am kind of werded out by all the hanging deaths in the past decade or so. it seems like prior to that people took overdoses.

by Anonymousreply 21May 17, 2020 12:21 AM

As opposed to people who accidentally commit suicide?

by Anonymousreply 22May 17, 2020 12:22 AM

R20 I agree. I rarely see that anyone else does, for some reason. People wanted to see him as the ultimate bon vivant.

by Anonymousreply 23May 17, 2020 12:25 AM

George Reeves and Kurt Cobain are questionable suicides.

by Anonymousreply 24May 17, 2020 12:26 AM

Michael Hutchence from INXS. He had a TBI and was not right after that. The rumors that it was auto-erotic asphyxiation were just that.

by Anonymousreply 25May 17, 2020 12:26 AM

[quote] The travel and the wine, women and song and the persona of a raconteur he cultivated was all part of managing his inability to stand still and exist. Watching his shows, he seemed to be an unhappy and unwell man.

[quote] agree. I rarely see that anyone else does, for some reason. People wanted to see him as the ultimate bon vivant.

I wrote this in another thread about Bourdain:

[quote] I spent a long time with Anthony Bourdain. He was nothing like his public persona. He could switch it on and off as soon as he made a public appearance. He was very morose and depressed when not in public.

by Anonymousreply 26May 17, 2020 12:28 AM

Cobain is only questionable to conspiracy theorists

by Anonymousreply 27May 17, 2020 12:29 AM

Inger Stevens

Capucine

Elizabeth Hartman

by Anonymousreply 28May 17, 2020 12:29 AM

Well, Jeffrey Epstein committed suicide unintentionally...

by Anonymousreply 29May 17, 2020 12:30 AM

just listing dead people isn't really what I had in mind for the thread.

by Anonymousreply 30May 17, 2020 12:31 AM

Well rescue-chick, aren't you special. You set up your own definition of what is an isn't suicide, and its not clear, and then you're disappointed by contributions. Why don't you go research this quietly on your own. Sheesh! Or intentionally commit suicide on purpose.

by Anonymousreply 31May 17, 2020 12:33 AM

R25 that one broke my ❤️

by Anonymousreply 32May 17, 2020 12:35 AM

Anthony Bourdain's suicide seems predictable in retrospect. He spoke openly of his depression and discontent, had a history of drug abuse, and was mired in a very bizarre relationship with a woman who apparently went public cheating on him.

by Anonymousreply 33May 17, 2020 12:36 AM

she seems the type to mind fuck a person constantly too r33

by Anonymousreply 34May 17, 2020 12:40 AM

Anthony said he wasn't afraid to look like a big, hairy, smelly, foreigner and the maids at Le Chambard Hotel Restaurant Alsace agreed.

by Anonymousreply 35May 17, 2020 12:40 AM

^ who also turned out to be sexual predator @R33

by Anonymousreply 36May 17, 2020 12:41 AM

Charles Rocket. Suicide by slitting throat in a field behind his home.

by Anonymousreply 37May 17, 2020 12:42 AM

All suicides are intentional, OP.

Are you 13?

Thought so, honey. Does your mom know you're here?

by Anonymousreply 38May 17, 2020 12:45 AM

George Reeves was murdered. The evidence is much stronger than is the suggestions about Cobain.

Oh, this whiny OP.

by Anonymousreply 39May 17, 2020 12:47 AM

Accidental suicide is real. You killed yourself without intending to.

by Anonymousreply 40May 17, 2020 12:47 AM

[quote] Accidental suicide is real.

It's literal murder!

by Anonymousreply 41May 17, 2020 12:48 AM

I would have to believe severe depression being the only explanation. I don’t believe a reason or note was ever divulged in regards to Charles.

by Anonymousreply 42May 17, 2020 12:49 AM

R4 = Courtney Love, Murderess

by Anonymousreply 43May 17, 2020 12:50 AM

"Suicide is the act of intentionally causing one's own death"

by Anonymousreply 44May 17, 2020 12:52 AM

r43 = conspiracy theorist

by Anonymousreply 45May 17, 2020 1:08 AM

I was shocked and dismayed to learn the fate of actor Albert Salmi, whose performances in 'Twilight Zone' and 'Lost in Space' I'd enjoyed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46May 17, 2020 1:09 AM

You can accidentally kill yourself but the meaning of suicide is, as someone above said, the intentional infliction of death.

by Anonymousreply 47May 17, 2020 1:13 AM

R17 I'm not sure , there's barely any info about her online. Very few photos either.

by Anonymousreply 48May 17, 2020 1:16 AM

Some people try and make their suicide look like an accident.

by Anonymousreply 49May 17, 2020 1:18 AM

R12, if you're asking the name of the series, it was The Most Deadly Game, although the title was Zig Zag when Stevens filmed the pilot.

by Anonymousreply 50May 17, 2020 1:21 AM

[quote]She got pregnant by a lover who wouldn’t marry her and killed herself with an overdose of Seconal. It was said later that she may have been bipolar and was depressed towards the end of her life.

She actually woke up from the Seconal and was sick to her stomach, went to the toilet and died on the floor with her head in the toilet.

by Anonymousreply 51May 17, 2020 1:23 AM

[quote] R11, going my way?

[quote] R12, if you're asking the name of the series, it was The Most Deadly Game, although the title was Zig Zag when Stevens filmed the pilot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52May 17, 2020 1:27 AM

Rescue chick, your thread is actually starting off pretty successful. Chill.

Can't overdose be intentional? We don't know.

by Anonymousreply 53May 17, 2020 1:32 AM

Jean Seberg. Overdose. Probably a mix of depression and the constant harassment from the US government . Which reminds me I have to google whether that movie about her has been released yet. I really want to see it.

by Anonymousreply 54May 17, 2020 1:36 AM

Suicide is not an option but if I end up with dementia, I’m with OP. I’m out. I’ve already thought it out, and it is just not worth hanging around earth with something like that.

The suicides that bother me profoundly are children and teens. Does not matter if they’re celebrities. There have been an uptick in these, particularly in the last five years, and I see all of them as accidental, because kids really have little reference points to make those decisions.

Bullying and parental abuse are still highly ignored, improperly managed, and way more common than what we already hear about. This is one of our biggest problems in this country.

Every bad, fucked up, deplorable behavior, begins at home.

by Anonymousreply 55May 17, 2020 1:44 AM

r18 I think you are mostly right. Mrs. Murray later said RFK was there that day and Dr. Greenson said, on tape, "Ask Bobby Kennedy" what happened. She was upset about his visit and took too many pills in a fit of anger/frustration/depression due to their rejection. As she was going unconscious, she called Lawford, triggering a series of calls from Lawford to her attorney to her agent to her doctor to finally Mrs. Murray who said everything was fine. A series of mistakes by people who, frankly, didn't want their Saturday night ruined by another false alarm. "Oh, she does this all the time. Nothing to worry about."

by Anonymousreply 56May 17, 2020 1:47 AM

NASCAR driver Dick Trickle. He apparently had been suffering from some type of pain. He called 911 and had told the operator there was going to be a dead body in a local park. When the operator asked whose body he said, "mine". By the time first responders got to the park, they found him dead.

Dave Garroway. He had heart surgery which caused a staph infection and took a toll on his health. He was found by his nurse with a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

by Anonymousreply 57May 17, 2020 2:01 AM

David Strickland died by hanging himself. I don't know why but at the time his suicide made me inexplicably sad. I think he would have made a good character actor had he not died.

by Anonymousreply 58May 17, 2020 2:04 AM

Jennifer Lopez. Wait, I thought this was the "Stars who should commit suicide" thread?

by Anonymousreply 59May 17, 2020 2:04 AM

r48, I checked- I was actually thinking of Diane Linkletter

by Anonymousreply 60May 17, 2020 2:08 AM

Golden Age Queen Ross Alexander

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61May 17, 2020 2:32 AM

R54 - Don't bother. Seberg is a stinker.

by Anonymousreply 62May 17, 2020 2:43 AM

He was a queen, R61?

by Anonymousreply 63May 17, 2020 2:47 AM

Elliott Smith

by Anonymousreply 64May 17, 2020 2:51 AM

[quote] He had a TBI and was not right after that.

I really wish people wouldn’t use abbreviations. What the fuck is a TBI?

by Anonymousreply 65May 17, 2020 3:21 AM

Traumatic brain injury, R65.

by Anonymousreply 66May 17, 2020 3:22 AM

Robin Williams wasn’t in his right mind when he killed himself. OP is wrong. He was already having mental issues due to the disease.

by Anonymousreply 67May 17, 2020 3:28 AM

Actor/singer Douglas McPhail

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68May 17, 2020 3:44 AM

River Pheonix?

by Anonymousreply 69May 17, 2020 3:46 AM

Brian Keith (Family Affair, Parent Trap). Found out he had inoperable cancer; gunshot.

Trent Lehman (Nanny & The Professor). Drugs/depression; hanging.

Jonathan Brandis (seaQuest DSV). Depression; hanging.

by Anonymousreply 70May 17, 2020 3:54 AM

R51, actually that story about Lupe Velez dying with her head in the toilet is apparently not true. Kenneth Anger just made it up for his book. There are a number of stories in Hollywood Babylon that are said to be unsubstantiated rumors or outright lies to make it more lurid.

by Anonymousreply 71May 17, 2020 3:57 AM

Jon Erik Hexum unintentionally committed suicide

by Anonymousreply 72May 17, 2020 3:57 AM

You guys have NO idea about intentionally committed suicide, let me tell ya!

by Anonymousreply 73May 17, 2020 4:00 AM

Italian director Mario Monicelli jumped out of a window when he found out he had a terminal illness

by Anonymousreply 74May 17, 2020 4:06 AM

Actors that appeared in Bond films who committed suicide

Hervé Villechaize; The man with the golden gun

Pedro Armendáriz Sr.; from Russia with love

Jill Bennett; For your eyes only

by Anonymousreply 75May 17, 2020 4:10 AM

[quote] Hervé Villechaize; The man with the golden gun

Was that also his means of death?

by Anonymousreply 76May 17, 2020 4:13 AM

R76 Hervé Villechaize and Pedro Armendáriz Sr. died by self-inflicted gunshot wounds (The non-golden variety)

I am not sure of Jill Bennett’s method of suicide

by Anonymousreply 77May 17, 2020 4:20 AM

I believe Pier Angeli's overdose was an intentional suicide.

Kirk Douglas, in his biography The Ragman's Son, said Vivien Leigh committed suicide.

Rumors persist that Joan Crawford killed herself and that a famous publishing billionaire, after finding out he was allegedly ill with a then-deadly virus, allegedly had his doctor inject him with something painless so it was an assisted suicide.

by Anonymousreply 78May 17, 2020 4:21 AM

Mourning his wife who died 2 days earlier, Charles Boyer killed himself with an intentional overdose. His only child died years earlier from "playing" Russian Roulette .

by Anonymousreply 79May 17, 2020 4:26 AM

R78 I believe Joan killed herself. The fact she gave away her precious dog and died on the exact date of her anniversary to Al Steele seems to be very telling. Her neighbor in the building has spoke about it.

by Anonymousreply 80May 17, 2020 4:33 AM

David Rappaport, perhaps best known as Randall in Time Bandits.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81May 17, 2020 4:46 AM

R55 Odd how many child/ early teen suicides we hear about now. I'd like to see every bully punched in the face but in some of these cases there is more to the story than initially reported. The Phoebe Prince case comes to mind.

by Anonymousreply 82May 17, 2020 4:56 AM

R5 is right. There is no such thing as unintentional suicide. Suicide means you meant to kill yourself and did. Anything else (like David Carradine) is a stupid accident resulting in accidental death. Not a hard concept to grasp.

R1, Bourdain killed himself because the cunt Asia Argento he had the misfortune of falling in love with posted a picture of herself hanging all over this other guy on Twitter. And that was right after Bourdain paid off the actor she fucked who was underage when she fucked him. This gash is totally responsible for Bourdain's downward spiral. It wan't drugs or booze that killed him; it was her.

by Anonymousreply 83May 17, 2020 5:01 AM

"Her neighbor in the building has spoke about it."

Oh, dear, R80.

by Anonymousreply 84May 17, 2020 5:04 AM

R78, Vivien Leigh did not commit suicide. What bullshit. She died from fluid in the lungs during a bout of recurring tuberculosis.

by Anonymousreply 85May 17, 2020 5:06 AM

R83 I doubt that. As another poster mentioned, he seemed morose and he did have a history with drugs. I loathed his show because of his condescending attitude towards the “exotic foreigners.” Very smarmy.

by Anonymousreply 86May 17, 2020 5:07 AM

R86, I think you're wrong on two counts: his history with drugs had nothing to do with his sudden suicide. It was Argento. Plenty of evidence to support that. Why would past drug use make him suddenly commit suicide? It was the cunt he was in love with.

Nor was he "smarmy" toward "exotic foreigners." He was very sincere in his enthusiasm for traveling and experiencing other countries, especially the food of other cultures. It's very apparent when you watch his shows.

by Anonymousreply 87May 17, 2020 5:12 AM

my best friend killed himself. he was a sweetheart. he cared so much. I lived in LA for over 20 years before I met him; he was 15 years younger than me.

Nice guy. kind to animals; and when I lost my job he was the only person in my whole life who said if you lose your apartment, you'll come live with me until you get on your feet.

When I think about that I think about ending things because I'll never have anyone who cared about me like that again in my life.

I stay in touch with his family, they're devastated without him. But ...he was the friend, the connection. We've all lost so much.

One thing: I always thought it was odd that I never developed a ridiculous crush on him, but I always saw him as someone I wanted to take care of, someone to help. I did a little. (with work).

I think we'll see suicides soon b/c of coronavirus and quarantining

by Anonymousreply 88May 17, 2020 5:15 AM

R87, if you saw sincerity I don’t know what else to say. I saw an angry, patronizing older man trying to look and act like a boy.

by Anonymousreply 89May 17, 2020 5:16 AM

Well, R89, if you saw that, I don't know what to say, either. I saw the exact opposite.

by Anonymousreply 90May 17, 2020 5:19 AM

L'Wren Scott - how quickly we forget. Another doorknob/scarf hanging. That was most likely triggered by identity loss - meaning without Jagger, she suddenly became nobody.

by Anonymousreply 91May 17, 2020 5:20 AM

There have been plenty of prominent people who've killed themselves. What's the point of this thread?

by Anonymousreply 92May 17, 2020 5:23 AM

I have to ask...it sounds like L,Wren Scott, Spade, Williams and Bourdain all used the same method. Does that mean it’s not painful? I’m assuming there were also pills involved.

by Anonymousreply 93May 17, 2020 5:28 AM

Getting ideas? R92

by Anonymousreply 94May 17, 2020 5:30 AM

Why would you assume pills were involved, R93?

by Anonymousreply 95May 17, 2020 5:30 AM

The quarantine will one day be over. It's not the quarantine that solely brings on depression.

by Anonymousreply 96May 17, 2020 5:32 AM

Totally disagree with you, R20.

by Anonymousreply 97May 17, 2020 5:35 AM

R95, I thought I read (around the time of Kate Soade’s death) that pills were used to relax you and keep you from fighting the noose, or maybe even cause you to pass out so you don’t experience the death.

by Anonymousreply 98May 17, 2020 5:36 AM

R69, River Phoenix did not commit suicide.

by Anonymousreply 99May 17, 2020 5:36 AM

R98, pills or no pills, someone hanging themselves will experience death.

by Anonymousreply 100May 17, 2020 5:37 AM

R100 I didn’t phrase that well. I meant to say, the pills remove the sensation of dying, if that makes sense. Otherwise, I just don’t see any of these celebrities choosing a painful death. I would think with their resources they’d choose to end it with a drug cocktail like Heath Ledger (not that I’m saying his death was intentional).

by Anonymousreply 101May 17, 2020 5:42 AM

Aaron Hernandez, if I recall, made the floor slippery somehow so as to prevent fighting the noose as R98 puts it.

by Anonymousreply 102May 17, 2020 5:43 AM

I thought McQueen jumped out a window.

by Anonymousreply 103May 17, 2020 5:48 AM

R101, being celebrities with means does not mean they would all choose a painless exit. Look at Arbus and Rothko.

No, R103, he didn't. He hanged himself.

by Anonymousreply 104May 17, 2020 5:49 AM

Isabella Blow and Rachel Roberts died horribly painful deaths in their suicides.

by Anonymousreply 105May 17, 2020 5:50 AM

Marian “Clover” Hooper Adams, wife of Henry Adams, as in the author of The Education of Henry Adams. She is believed to have been the inspiration for Henry James’ Daisy Miller and Portrait of a Lady. In the 1880s she became interested in photography and began taking and developing her own photographs and was one of the first woman to do so.

She was exceptionally close to who father who lived with them, when he died she fell into a deep depression. In 1885, despondent, she committed suicide by drinking the chemicals used to develop her photographs. The newspapers reported that she dropped dead from a paralysis of the heart. Her husband commissioned the sculptor Augustus Saint-Gaudens to do a hauntingly beautiful memorial to her that is in RockCreek Cemetery, Washington D.C. it is one of the masterpieces of American Victorian sculpture.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106May 17, 2020 5:56 AM

Diane Arbus. I assume the reasons were depression and mental illness, I can't remember how she did it. There was a biopic about her a few years ago and for some reason producers chose Nicole Kidman to play her. Awful, atrocious casting.

by Anonymousreply 107May 17, 2020 6:09 AM

Arbus took barbiturates, then slashed her wrists.

by Anonymousreply 108May 17, 2020 6:11 AM

R51...Fiction.

by Anonymousreply 109May 17, 2020 6:21 AM

R71 is correct. But its a great fucking story! I read Anger's Hollywood Babylon sometime in the 70s. I believed it all at the time, it was probably 85% fiction. I recommend it if you find it in a book basement or something.

by Anonymousreply 110May 17, 2020 6:30 AM

Academy Award nominated actor Richard Farnsworth. He discovered he had terminal cancer, so he went into the back of his garage and shot himself with a rifle before the symptoms became too difficult to live with.

by Anonymousreply 111May 17, 2020 6:36 AM

Jesus, Rachel Roberts' suicide was grisly; from Wikipedia:

On 26 November 1980, Roberts died at her home in Los Angeles at the age of 53. Her cause of death was initially attributed to a heart attack. Her gardener found her body on her kitchen floor, lying amidst shards of glass; she had fallen through a decorative glass divide between two rooms. An autopsy later determined that her death was a result of swallowing lye, alkali, or another unidentified caustic substance, as well as barbiturates and alcohol, as detailed in her posthumously published journals. The corrosive effect of the poisonous agent was an immediate cause of death. The coroner documented the cause of death as "swallowing a caustic substance" and, later, "acute barbiturate intoxication." Her death was ruled a suicide.

by Anonymousreply 112May 17, 2020 6:57 AM

Didn't Margaux Hemingway commit suicide? (like her grandfather?)

by Anonymousreply 113May 17, 2020 7:03 AM

George Sanders because be was bored with life.

by Anonymousreply 114May 17, 2020 7:12 AM

Lovely story, R88.

L'Wren Scott - depression likely brought on by menopause, her lover of 12 years Mick Jagger had met someone else, the ballerina with whom he has his eighth child, and her business was failing because allegedly Mick would no longer bail her out.

Very, very sad. L'Wren is the third of Mick's longterm girlfriends who attempted suicide, but the only one who succeeded.

by Anonymousreply 115May 17, 2020 7:50 AM

Keith Andes. On November 11, 2005, Andes was found dead at the age of 85 at his home in Santa Clarita, California. He had been suffering from bladder cancer and other ailments (he had been a smoker). His death was due to suicide by asphyxiation, according to a report from the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office.

by Anonymousreply 116May 17, 2020 8:14 AM

How does the scarf/doorknob thing even work? I don't get it - do you tie it to the knob on the other side and put the scarf over the top of the door? And just sort of bend your knees and wait? WTF? Asking for a friend...

by Anonymousreply 117May 17, 2020 8:21 AM

Maybe she was just trying to get rid of the coronavirus, R112?

What did she have to lose?

by Anonymousreply 118May 17, 2020 8:24 AM

Spalding Gray.

by Anonymousreply 119May 17, 2020 8:28 AM

Freddie Prinze, Brenda Benet, Wendy O. Williams, all by self-inflicted gunshot wounds.

by Anonymousreply 120May 17, 2020 8:58 AM

Carole Landis, who took an overdose of sleeping pills after Rex Harrison broke off their affair.

Rachel Roberts (see r112) was married to Harrison from 1962 to 1971. In 1980, despite his having married twice since their divorce, Roberts made a final attempt to win Harrison back, which proved to be futile; she committed suicide that same year

by Anonymousreply 121May 17, 2020 9:01 AM

How do you unintentionally commit suicide?

by Anonymousreply 122May 17, 2020 9:02 AM

By dying of lung cancer from smoking r122.

by Anonymousreply 123May 17, 2020 10:53 AM

I find this thread enthralling and absolutely prescient.

The virus is not going anywhere - it isn't like you can just "unfriend" it on Facebook or block it on Twitter - so the coming second wave will destroy any hope of life getting back to normal, resulting in mass deaths from suicide!

by Anonymousreply 124May 17, 2020 10:58 AM

OP I believe you answered your own questions, happiness is not about your wealth and resources. Always see a doctor when you feel down or depressed. In my opinion meditation and energy healing can help as well. If you have a genuine shaman nearby go there and get some healing.

by Anonymousreply 125May 17, 2020 11:02 AM

So, now that phenobarbital is illegal, everyone just hangs themselves from a doorknob (my god- HOW??) or uses a gun?

by Anonymousreply 126May 17, 2020 11:18 AM

Peter Duel from Alias Smith and Jones. Loved that show as a kid and replacing Duel with Roger Davis did not work.

by Anonymousreply 127May 17, 2020 11:30 AM

Dana Plato

She went on Howard Stern the day before she died of a drug overdose which was ruled a suicide. Callers said all sorts of awful and cruel remarks to her on air which left her very upset.

by Anonymousreply 128May 17, 2020 11:35 AM

Brit Law -- unintentional suicide is called "death by misadventure."

by Anonymousreply 129May 17, 2020 11:38 AM

Margot Kidder died of a drug overdose. She struggled with both her physical and mental health for years.

by Anonymousreply 130May 17, 2020 12:09 PM

The story of Dana Plato's suicide is so sad. Howard hung her out like a side of beef.

by Anonymousreply 131May 17, 2020 12:13 PM

This is going to sound judgy, but it’s not. I don’t believe that you can blame a breakup for a suicide.

Killing one’s self is one of the most extreme things a person can do. Self-preservation is a powerful instinct.

I think a person must be previously disposed to kill themselves. It’s mostly an underlying ailment that is brought to the forefront by a trauma. After all, there are people who manage to thrive, even after terrible things have happened to them. And then others who have everything to live for, but choose not to.

Regardless, my heart goes out to those who find their lives unlivable. And who knows? I may find myself there someday, if I get a terrible diagnosis like Robin Williams did.

by Anonymousreply 132May 17, 2020 12:14 PM

The suicide of Avicii (whose real name was Tim Bergling) was particularly nasty. Here are details from Wikipedia:

[quote]Bergling died on 20 April 2018 near Muscat at the age of 28. No cause of death was immediately given. On 21 April, the Omani police stated that there was "no criminal suspicion" or evidence of foul play in Bergling's death. On 1 May, TMZ reported that the cause of death was a suicide due to self-inflicted injuries with a broken wine bottle, with Bergling eventually dying of blood loss.

He had struggles with alcoholism which caused his health to decline. In 2016, it deteriorated badly so that he couldn't even perform live anymore.

by Anonymousreply 133May 17, 2020 12:16 PM

Hans Rausing Jr's wife.

He killed her so he could get with the sidepiece, but used their drug use as a cover.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134May 17, 2020 12:17 PM

r133 It's nonsense to suggest a wine bottle could become a deadly weapon unless he measured where his heart was and directly stabbed himself exactly there. The wine bottle glass is too thick to create the shard that the story of his "suicide" claims.

Someone in the Ibiza club/drug world offed him.

by Anonymousreply 135May 17, 2020 12:20 PM

[quote] By dying of lung cancer from smoking [R122].

suicide noun

sui·​cide | ˈsü-ə-ˌsīd

1a : the act or an instance of taking one's own life voluntarily and intentionally

Suicide is the act of intentionally causing one's own death.

by Anonymousreply 136May 17, 2020 12:26 PM

Agree with R132. Bourdain wasn’t a mentally healthy man who killed himself over a woman.

Women will try to latch onto any famous and/or rich man. Bourdain must have known a new girlfriend would be easy to come by.

by Anonymousreply 137May 17, 2020 12:28 PM

R131, Dana's son also committed suicide (by gunshot) in 2010. Two days before the 11th anniversary of his mother's death.

by Anonymousreply 138May 17, 2020 12:42 PM

No, R137, not if you're foolishly and romantically in love with a whore. That's what happened to Bourdain.

by Anonymousreply 139May 17, 2020 1:04 PM

Freddy Prince bothered me.

by Anonymousreply 140May 17, 2020 1:18 PM

Freddie Prinze

by Anonymousreply 141May 17, 2020 1:20 PM

William Haines’s lover, Jimmie Shields, killed himself shortly after Haines, a silent film star who achieved greater success as an interior director, died in December, 1973. Joan Crawford often cited the couple as the happiest married couple in Hollywood. They were together for over forty-six years; Haines walked away from a film career at MGM to live openly with Shields.

by Anonymousreply 142May 17, 2020 1:47 PM

Agree, R20 and R23. Bourdain made me too uncomfortable to really enjoy his shows. I'd been intrigued by his appearance in a Typhoid Mary documentary (he'd written a book, if I recall) but watching his food and travel shows just made me feel miserable. He was nasty and cold and full of himself, eating foods that others had been eating for generations but because he was some big white New Yorker it was "special" and "authentic" for him to eat them, too? Then get a tattoo commemorating it? Come on, that's hipster bullshit, and he was 30 years too old to be behaving that way. Never understood how he was so beloved.

by Anonymousreply 143May 17, 2020 1:48 PM

[quote]Bourdain wasn’t a mentally healthy man who killed himself over a woman.

Agreed. He had so much clout, he could have just ruined Argento's life in revenge, and had a new woman within a week. Blaming Argento is foolish.

by Anonymousreply 144May 17, 2020 1:49 PM

I'm sure this wasn't OP's intention, but posting about suicide tends to have a bad effect on those who are prone to depression or having suicidal thoughts already. That's why when deaths by suicide are reported, information is always included about support services for those who think they might be experiencing those thoughts, ideations, etc.

With that in mind, if you are thinking of suicide, please reach out for help by calling the nationwide suicide prevention hotline at 1-800-273-8255.

by Anonymousreply 145May 17, 2020 1:54 PM

R143, I think you're completely reading into Bourdain your own feelings and bias against him. Clearly you didn't like him and all you saw was arrogance while I saw something quite different in him.

R144, you've never heard of anyone killing themselves over love? I'd say it's pretty foolish to think Bourdain's clout would matter to a lovesick man. There was so much evidence suggesting his suicide was his misery at the very end over her. His own staff and crew said as much when he died.

by Anonymousreply 146May 17, 2020 2:02 PM

I had no idea Dick Trickle had died. The last I heard, he'd been suffering from chronic pain (as already mentioned) and didn't race anymore.

by Anonymousreply 147May 17, 2020 2:14 PM

Today newspapers. TV and radio don't say "committed," they use "died by" suicide.

by Anonymousreply 148May 17, 2020 2:17 PM

OPs Subject reminds me of a monthly list I receive, "Living Octogenarians." When I wrote to webmaster that they wouldn't be octogenarians unless they were living, he didn't answer,

by Anonymousreply 149May 17, 2020 2:21 PM

People blamed Nancy Grace for Melinda Duckett’s suicide. Mentally healthy people don’t kill themselves because someone yelled at them. Or broke up with them.

There’s an underlying problem, already.

by Anonymousreply 150May 17, 2020 2:33 PM

thank you for that r145, I didn't think of that and it definitely wasn't my intent. I actually thought of it for the opposite reasons, I have previously had suicidal thoughts due to circumstances (not suicidal intent, just thoughts at that point) and fortunately circumstances changed as did my thoughts.

by Anonymousreply 151May 17, 2020 2:39 PM

R150, of course there's an underlying problem--I'm talking about triggers that lead to suicide. For instance: Diane Arbus killed herself because the man she was having a long affair with refused to leave his wife and then took up with Arbus's own daughter. Immediately after that, Arbus killed herself. Her history of depression already existed; the inciting incident was the man she was in love hooked up and was fucking her own daughter.

Same with Bourdain. He made a big show of his undying love and support for Argento as a fierce #metoo warrior against Weinstein; then it came out that Bourdain had quietly paid off Argento's own victim of her predatory behavior to the tune of $380,000. That must have been humiliating for Bourdain and something he didn't want out there, after his huge support of her. And then Argento posts a Twitter pic of her hanging on some other guy and professing her love for the other guy. Within a day or two Bourdain was dead. And you don't see a correlation?

by Anonymousreply 152May 17, 2020 2:41 PM

I would add suicide is an impetuous and impulsive act; all it takes is one thing to push a susceptible and already triggered person over the edge. So yes, I do think Argento was to blame by her incredibly selfish and cruel behavior.

by Anonymousreply 153May 17, 2020 2:45 PM

He wasn’t a “star” exactly, but he was surrounded by notorious people, headline cases.

Darnay Hoffman was a lawyer who was married to Sydney Biddle Barrows, “The Mayflower Madam”. He worked with Joel Steinberg and Bernie Goetz, sued John and Patsy Ramsey.

He stabbed himself in the heart with a knife. He had made an earlier attempt, both at the home of his ex-wife Sydney.

by Anonymousreply 154May 17, 2020 2:47 PM

Jesus, stabbing your self or drinking caustic chemicals sounds like a horrible way to go- so much pain. Whatever happened to good ol' carbon monoxide emissions in the garage?

by Anonymousreply 155May 17, 2020 3:03 PM

Actor Steven Keats.

by Anonymousreply 156May 17, 2020 3:10 PM

Albert Salmi took his wife with him.

by Anonymousreply 157May 17, 2020 3:14 PM

R149---That must have stung!

by Anonymousreply 158May 17, 2020 3:15 PM

So did Assia Wevill, R157.

by Anonymousreply 159May 17, 2020 3:15 PM

Can one attempt accidental suicide?

by Anonymousreply 160May 17, 2020 3:25 PM

Modern cars just don’t spill out the carbon monoxide like they used to.

by Anonymousreply 161May 17, 2020 3:26 PM

No, R160. That has long been established. It's either suicide or an accident.

by Anonymousreply 162May 17, 2020 3:42 PM

R159, Assia Wevill took her four year old daughter with her.

So many suicides surrounding that POS Ted Hughes.

by Anonymousreply 163May 17, 2020 3:59 PM

Assia Wevill did what Sylvia Plath was considerate enough not to do: kill her kids alongside herself. Assia Wevill, no mere victim, was the other woman Hughes cheated on Plath with. Plenty of blame to go around.

by Anonymousreply 164May 17, 2020 4:03 PM

r161, what about turning the gas on in your oven? That was popular back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 165May 17, 2020 4:17 PM

Star adjacent: Diane Linkletter

Best suicide note: george Sanders, "I'm leaving because I'm bored"

by Anonymousreply 166May 17, 2020 4:28 PM

I read the Mexican Spitfire suicide wasn’t a real attempt. She wanted someone to find her and save her.

by Anonymousreply 167May 17, 2020 4:35 PM

R128, Interesting to note about that interview is that Howard specifically asked Dana if she had ever considered suicide. She answered "hell no" because she had a son that she loved. It is very possible that Howard Stern may have inadvertently put the idea in her head. Either way, those callers should have been ashamed. Celebrity or not, she was still a human being with feelings.

by Anonymousreply 168May 17, 2020 4:52 PM

You would think killing yourself with a gun would be quick but you need to pick the perfect spot.

Freezing to death is relatively painless I hear. A popular way in Japan is lighting an outdoor grill inside and a block of ice is needed for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 169May 17, 2020 4:53 PM

How did Anna Nicole Smith die? I know her son had a mysterious death and then she died about a year later.

by Anonymousreply 170May 17, 2020 4:55 PM

She died of a drug overdose R170. As I recall it was a prescription medication to help her sleep.

by Anonymousreply 171May 17, 2020 5:04 PM

Someone should make a smash cut of Anthony Bourdain talking about killing himself. I watched a few episodes and he joked about it a couple times.

by Anonymousreply 172May 17, 2020 5:06 PM

Hanging in general is common I think. I have three family members who committed suicide and two died by hanging.

by Anonymousreply 173May 17, 2020 5:21 PM

Bourdain was reckless with his own life for years in terms of his drugging and drinking. Then Argento pushed his already fragile fuck-it mindset over the edge.

by Anonymousreply 174May 17, 2020 5:41 PM

Didn't Diane Linkletter take a flying leap out a window while high on LSD? I think that was accidental.

Jackie O. "died on her own terms" according to the speech her son gave outside her Park Ave. building to the press upon her death. Obviously she had terminal cancer, but I think she refused any life-saving meds at the end.

by Anonymousreply 175May 17, 2020 5:43 PM

there's a theory that Diane Linkletter was actually murder. the guy who was with her later was with another woman who took a jump out a window. or 2 other women at separate times.

by Anonymousreply 176May 17, 2020 5:46 PM

Stuart Adamson (Big Country), hanging

Cheyenne Brando, hanging

Mark Salling, hanging

Chris Benoit, hanging

Ray Combs, hanging

Brian Bianchini, hanging

Ian Curtis (Joy Division), hanging

Lucy Gordon, hanging

by Anonymousreply 177May 17, 2020 5:51 PM

Yes, you can commit accidental suicide; ie, if you only intended to make a suicide attempt you planned to survive, as a cry for help or for attention. There's no way of knowing how often that occurs, and while it's true that some people accidentally bungle their suicide attempt and survive, the majority of people who are serious about wanting to end their misery find a way to successfully kill themselves.

by Anonymousreply 178May 17, 2020 5:53 PM

Linkletter had no LSD in her system. The "bad trip" washer father's lie which he later had to correct although he claimed it might have been a "flashback".

by Anonymousreply 179May 17, 2020 6:06 PM

"Bourdain killed himself because the cunt Asia Argento he had the misfortune of falling in love with posted a picture of herself hanging all over this other guy on Twitter. And that was right after Bourdain paid off the actor she fucked who was underage when she fucked him. This gash is totally responsible for Bourdain's downward spiral. It wan't drugs or booze that killed him; it was her."

You don't know why he killed himself, you are making assumptions because you don't like Argento.

by Anonymousreply 180May 17, 2020 6:12 PM

R180, I'm not making assumptions, I'm connecting the dots.

by Anonymousreply 181May 17, 2020 6:42 PM

Jackie O. Assisted. Trust me R175

by Anonymousreply 182May 17, 2020 7:29 PM

R181, no, you're not.

by Anonymousreply 183May 17, 2020 7:57 PM

People cheat and humiliate their partners all the time, that make them POS, but hardly murderers, because most people won't kill themselves because of it. At least normal people.

by Anonymousreply 184May 17, 2020 7:58 PM

Look, R183, you're not going to dissuade me, especially since you've offered nothing to make me doubt Argento's culpability.

by Anonymousreply 185May 17, 2020 8:05 PM

I’d forgotten about Brian Bianchini, who I frequently mixed up with Brian Buzzini. Was Bianchini gay?

by Anonymousreply 186May 17, 2020 8:09 PM

Debbie Reynolds' death is curious. Everyone knows she and Carrie had a strong bond, it is just unusual to say the least that she just laid down and stroked out the day after Carrie died, after saying "I want to be with Carrie."

by Anonymousreply 187May 17, 2020 8:10 PM

R185, people cheat on their partners all the time and 999 times out of 1000 they don't commit suicide. Was she even cheating, they seemed like the kind of hippy dippy types who'd have an open relationship

by Anonymousreply 188May 17, 2020 8:41 PM

R188, you keep saying to me, where is my proof? Well, I'd like to see proof of your grandiose statistics that practically nobody kills themselves over relationships. I really would.

Was Argento cheating? Well, she gave an emotional interview after Bourdain's death brought on by the blame she was getting even that early on, saying he'd cheated on her, too--admitting, essentially, she'd cheated on him. And no, they weren't "hippy dippy." If these was any desire for an open relationship, that was on her end.

by Anonymousreply 189May 17, 2020 8:49 PM

We never really know why someone takes their own life. Things may be rough but none of us can really know what their breaking point is.

by Anonymousreply 190May 17, 2020 8:54 PM

Jackson Browne's girlfriend, who killed herself in the mid 70s.

Blanking on her name but Joni Mitchell mentions her in several songs.

by Anonymousreply 191May 17, 2020 8:58 PM

Asia Argento really loved Anthony Bourdain. If she said or did something that contributed to his suicide, I am sure it wasn't intentional. I don't see how anyone could watch this interview and not see how much she cared for him and always will.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192May 17, 2020 9:01 PM

Wow. I thought she was the devil but that video has totally changed my mind.

by Anonymousreply 193May 17, 2020 9:48 PM

[quote]Jackie O. "died on her own terms" according to the speech her son gave outside her Park Ave. building

Jackie O. "died on her own terms" according to the speech her son gave outside her Fifth Ave. building

by Anonymousreply 194May 17, 2020 9:58 PM

R189, you might want to check the suicide rate. It's like 1 in 1000. That means hardly anyone commits suicide for any reason. Most people have had a bad relationship at some point, if that's all it took to send someone over the edge, the suicide would be a lot higher than it is. And in my experience, it's always the man pressing for an open relationship, not the woman. Why do you think 99% of Ashley Madison users were men?

by Anonymousreply 195May 17, 2020 10:15 PM

If you kill yourself by accident, that's not called "unintentional suicide." That's called accidental death or death by misadventure.

by Anonymousreply 196May 17, 2020 10:19 PM

[quote] It is very possible that Howard Stern may have inadvertently put the idea in her head.

You are undoubtedly right--I am sure she had never heard of suicide before he mentioned it to her.

by Anonymousreply 197May 17, 2020 10:21 PM

R192, that is the best acting she's ever done. She purposely put photos of her with another man out on social media to fuck with him and there is that little problem of her fucking that kid that Anthony paid off for her. She played him like a fool and there is no fool like an old fool. Still, no one forced him to hang himself.

by Anonymousreply 198May 17, 2020 10:25 PM

Asia is/was/is buddies with Rose McGowan- they were in all a coven type thing until the whole metoo situation happened and went to shit.

by Anonymousreply 199May 17, 2020 11:26 PM

Oh yes, R192--when not sucking face with another man and posting it on Twitter for Bourdain and the world to see 2 days before Bourdain hanged himself, she spent time preying on a minor. She's a vision of sincerity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200May 17, 2020 11:39 PM

"You might want to check the suicide rate. It's like 1 in 1000."

YOU, R195, might want to check that statistic and prove it with evidence, since YOU'RE the one asserting it. And in your (again, unfounded and unproven) assertion that it's always the man pressing for an open relationship, I suggest you take good hard look at Argento at R200 and tell me it wasn't she who wanted an open relationship, if that was even the case--another one of YOUR assertions. In fact, everything you assert is conjecture.

by Anonymousreply 201May 17, 2020 11:43 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202May 17, 2020 11:45 PM

I really thought the rape boy would have a career resurgence, but since I can’t even recall his name I guess he didn’t?

by Anonymousreply 203May 17, 2020 11:47 PM

Nobody cares, but I think Asia Argento is a mental case. I think Bourdain was sick, too. Messy people being messy.

by Anonymousreply 204May 17, 2020 11:51 PM

Ed Flanders (St. Elsewhere), committed suicide after his wife died.

Libby Holman (torch singer, companion to Montgomery Clift) committed suicide by carbon monoxide poisoning. She had a very interesting life, including the suicide of her first husband Zachary Reynolds (heir to the tobacco fortune), and her second husband died from a barbiturate overdose. Her son by Reynolds died in a mountain climbing accident.

Ann Woodward committed suicide with cyanide. The accidental shooting of her husband was the basis for the story "The Two Mrs. Grenvilles".

Anderson Cooper's brother Carter committed suicide by jumping out of the Vanderbilt apartment.

by Anonymousreply 205May 18, 2020 12:31 AM

R202, she put up on Twitter a picture of herself with some guy a couple days before Bourdain killed himself.

by Anonymousreply 206May 18, 2020 12:31 AM

And here's Argento's most recent demure Twitter pic, or I should say her ass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207May 18, 2020 12:35 AM

r200 is one of those DLers who think it's wrong to accuse a man of abuse if he hasn't been convicted but okay to do the same for a woman

by Anonymousreply 208May 18, 2020 12:36 AM

Based on what, R208, do you make that ridiculous assertion?

by Anonymousreply 209May 18, 2020 12:38 AM

Btw, R208, Argento paid her victim in a settlement. She was fucking guilty all right, just like Weinstein was.

by Anonymousreply 210May 18, 2020 12:39 AM

R201 must be too dim to do an internet search

Love the assertion that Bourdain must have been some shy virgin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211May 18, 2020 12:40 AM

r210, people here defended Weinstein even after he was convicted. People call Rose McGowan a liar even though Weinstein paid her off with hush money

by Anonymousreply 212May 18, 2020 12:41 AM

Well, R210, I wasn't one of them.

R211, are YOU dim? Nothing in that Wikipedia entry proved the statistic you asserted and have still yet to prove. And no one (not me, anyway) asserted Bourdain was a "shy virgin." You really just make shit up, don't you?

by Anonymousreply 213May 18, 2020 12:46 AM

Florence Lawrence, "the first movie star," ingested rat poison.

Marion Aye, 1920s comedy actress, ingested bi-chloride of mercury tablets. Her last words to her husband were, "I dropped one of the tablets on the floor and I'm afraid the dog will get it."

Art Acord, silent film star and rodeo champ, ingested cyanide.

by Anonymousreply 214May 18, 2020 12:52 AM

r213, are you that stupid? It said the suicide rate was 13 suicides for every 100,000 people in 2014 which is even rarer than I thought. The vast majority of people aren't going to off themselves because of something as stupid as a bad relationship. If they did the suicide rate would be a lot higher. You have to be really messed up to kill yourself.

by Anonymousreply 215May 18, 2020 12:56 AM

R215, The American Federation for Suicide Prevention said that suicide is the 10th leading cause of death in the U.S. In 2018, 48,344 Americans died from suicide. 1.4 million people attempted suicide.

Anyway, you fucking moron, R215, you said this: "That means hardly anyone commits suicide for any reason. Most people have had a bad relationship at some point, if that's all it took to send someone over the edge, the suicide would be a lot higher than it is."

According to real statistics I just cited from that site, suicide being the10th leading cause of death, I would say your cavalier statement "hardly anyone commits suicide foe any reason" flies in the face of that stat. And your equally baseless assertion that people don't kill themselves due to relationships is equally unproven.

by Anonymousreply 216May 18, 2020 1:07 AM

R207, Oh god. That account. To say that VelliniVerso person is obsessed with Asia would be an understatement. She can't even cook dinner without him getting on Twitter to talk about how "disgusting" whatever she is making supposedly looks. Every single solitary thing she has ever said or done in her entire life is on that account day in and day out. You'd think he'd get bored of it after a while. He thinks he is getting "justice" for Anthony Bourdain by "exposing" Asia, but in my opinion, all he is doing is making himself look like a creepy stalker.

by Anonymousreply 217May 18, 2020 4:36 AM

That may be, R217, but Argento is doing herself no favors by tweeting those pics. How about starting there?

by Anonymousreply 218May 18, 2020 4:38 AM

R218 She has been used to being portrayed as a sultry, mysterious sex goddess for most of her career. If she thinks it's sexy and needs to hear "you've still got it" comments to make her feel good about herself, I don't see what harm it does. Madonna is always showing off her ass and boobs and she has almost 20 years on Asia. If people don't like what she posts, they are always free to unfollow her.

by Anonymousreply 219May 18, 2020 4:46 AM

R219, Argento's using herself and portraying herself that way, and she always has. And if someone comes along and reposts it and has a field day with it, why is he then the bad guy? She started it. She can't have it both ways.

by Anonymousreply 220May 18, 2020 4:51 AM

It is striking to me how many more Hollywood stars and public figures commited suicide or overdosed between about 1940 through the late 70s then they did now . Compared to today's crop of famous people, they just seemed more disposed to lead tragic lives. The sixties and seventies were so fascinating but seemed to be such a dark time, in spite of all the nostalgia. Perhaps people were simply less forgiving then, of both themselves and others.

by Anonymousreply 221May 18, 2020 5:00 AM

Lead paint was in everything until 1977, when it was finally banned in residential properties, public buildings, toys, and furiture. Exposure could lead to many health problems including behavioral disorders and mental illness. It could be that many depressives were slowly being poisoned, compounded with the pressures of the sleazy business of Hollywood, and past society's solution of just handing troubled people seconal or administering electroshock treatments.

by Anonymousreply 222May 18, 2020 5:42 AM

R7, when i first saw the thread title, I thought, "doesn't everyone intentionally commit suicide?" but after reading your reply, I definitely see the difference. I guess I just never thought of the real definition of suicide...simply killing yourself.

by Anonymousreply 223May 18, 2020 5:57 AM

Peg Entwhistle who jumped off the Hollywood sign

by Anonymousreply 224May 18, 2020 6:26 AM

Gig Young killed his wife and then shot himself.

by Anonymousreply 225May 18, 2020 6:57 AM

No, not everyone intentionally commits suicide. Eg, Princess Diana threw herself down a flight of stairs when she was pregnant. I don't believe she actually intended to kill herself or her unborn child, but she could have, as others have in that way.

by Anonymousreply 226May 18, 2020 8:03 AM

R226 She was so obnoxious. If she had seriously injured herself or caused a miscarriage I'm sure Diana would have found a way to manipulate people into thinking it was Charles or the Queens fault. What was it with Diana and stairs anyway? She also allegedly pushed her stepmother down a flight of stairs too.

by Anonymousreply 227May 18, 2020 8:13 AM

Has anyone checked on Demi Lovato today?

by Anonymousreply 228May 18, 2020 10:20 AM

R221 there weren’t antidepressants then so less options to emerge from a dark depression.

by Anonymousreply 229May 18, 2020 11:01 AM

Has anyone checked on Amanda Bynes lately?

by Anonymousreply 230May 18, 2020 7:44 PM

Mary Jennifer Selznick jumped off a skyscraper in LA. She supposedly had been a member of the Manson Family, known as "Snake," because of how her hips wiggled during sex.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231May 19, 2020 12:01 AM

Asia Argento’s ass photo is interesting. Look at all the shit on the walls in the background. It looks like a 16-year old’s bedroom, instead of a grown woman.

by Anonymousreply 232May 19, 2020 12:08 PM

Well, R232, that would make sense, since she has the emotional maturity of a 16-year-old--a 16-year-old exhibitionist.

by Anonymousreply 233May 19, 2020 12:10 PM

Scott Hutchinson of the band Frightened Rabbit

I had never heard of them and then realized I really liked their music.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234May 19, 2020 4:33 PM

I was fascinated by this guy and his life and his suicide/murder death. The biography as titled "Black Sun."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235May 19, 2020 6:45 PM

Hong Kong/singer actor Leslie Cheung who jumped to his death from hotel at the age of 46 in 2003.

by Anonymousreply 236May 21, 2020 1:39 PM

r232, it might be her 18 year old daughter's room:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237May 22, 2020 1:05 AM

Famous burlesque dancer, Ziegfeld Girl, and actress, Faith Bacon, jumped out of a hotel window and died of internal injuries at a hospital, at the age of 46.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238May 22, 2020 2:25 AM

Soul/R&B singer, Donny Hathaway jumped from his 15th floor balcony at the Essex House, at the age of 33.

by Anonymousreply 239May 22, 2020 2:37 AM

Andrea Feldman, one of the Warhol crowd, jumped from a window clutching either a cross or a bible and a can of coke.

by Anonymousreply 240May 22, 2020 6:07 AM

An actor from Baskets. He was unsuccessful trying for murder/ suicide.

by Anonymousreply 241May 22, 2020 12:20 PM

Did Peaches Geldof commit suicide or was that an accidental overdose?

by Anonymousreply 242May 22, 2020 5:54 PM

R242 accidental overdose

by Anonymousreply 243May 22, 2020 10:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!