Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

New Space Force flag unveiled

I giggle every time I hear that name. It sounds like an old Saturday morning cartoon followed up by the Justice League.

Trump is a buffoon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24May 22, 2020 2:26 PM

Hmmmm. Now where have I seen that logo before? 🤔

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 16, 2020 6:44 PM

This is one of first things that needs to go when smarter heads start looking for ways to cut federal budget after DT and GOP are long gone from power.

Space Force is the most stupidest thing I've heard out of Congress/Washington, D.C. in ages; and that is saying something.

If the damn thing cannot be killed outright, starve it for funding until it dies a natural death.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 16, 2020 6:46 PM

This is so stupid. I wish I didn’t have to live here so I could just laugh at America from afar.

by Anonymousreply 3May 16, 2020 6:49 PM

A legend in his own diseased mind.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 16, 2020 7:03 PM

I assume their motto is, "Going where no white man has gone before."

by Anonymousreply 5May 16, 2020 7:18 PM

We need a post office, not Trump's Buck Rogers fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 6May 16, 2020 7:19 PM

To be fair, Air Force Space Command has been around since 1982. The new Space Force logo grabs graphic elements from the original AFSC logo (see image).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 16, 2020 7:34 PM

Space Command has been part of the force structure since 1982 but as a subordinate component of the Air Force. And I don't think I ever heard anybody sneer at their crest though it's essentially the same as its successor organization..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 16, 2020 7:36 PM

Makes me wonder if that was their original intent R7 as an inside joke. It looks remarkably similar to Starfleet's logo.

by Anonymousreply 9May 16, 2020 7:38 PM

So they've been cadging their emblem imagery from Star Trek since the very beginning, r7/ r8.

Reality imitating fiction: that should be a lot more fun than all of this actually is.

by Anonymousreply 10May 16, 2020 7:38 PM

It seems that way R10.

by Anonymousreply 11May 16, 2020 7:39 PM

I hope the Roddenberry estate, or whomever holds the Star Trek logo copyright, sues.

by Anonymousreply 12May 16, 2020 7:43 PM

"Sovereign immunity" says the government has to agree to be sued, R12

by Anonymousreply 13May 16, 2020 7:48 PM

No comments on our new " super duper missile"?

by Anonymousreply 14May 16, 2020 7:53 PM

[quote] I hope the Roddenberry estate, or whomever holds the Star Trek logo copyright, sues.

And then in the counter-suit has to explain and account all their profits from stealing the name and goodwill of the USS Enterprise, a name seen on the Navy AND Army ship list even before the Declaration of Independence. That's a lot of money and penalties owed from the government.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 16, 2020 7:53 PM

I'm willing to let the logo be. Hopefully, Trump will be leaving the presidency in 2021, and our space program could certainly do worse than looking to Star Fleet/Star Trek as a model for what it ought to become.

'IDIC' - Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations.'

by Anonymousreply 16May 16, 2020 7:53 PM

oops, owed TO the government.

by Anonymousreply 17May 16, 2020 7:54 PM

Vic Berger adds the proper touch of surrealism.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18May 17, 2020 4:10 AM

Fat douche.

by Anonymousreply 19May 17, 2020 4:33 AM

It’s yet one more tacky and cheap branding from Trump. Now his new recovery program is called Operation Death Star or Grease Lighting or whatever supposedly clever name he’s using this week. And as usual it is a rip-off of something genuinely good or popular. Yet somehow he always acts like he just came up with it, and it’s completely unrelated to anything else.

by Anonymousreply 20May 17, 2020 5:13 AM

The only thing Trump and those military flag wavers are missing are white,come fuck me majorette boots with the tassles .

by Anonymousreply 21May 17, 2020 5:28 AM

Do they yell out “space force activate!” and bump their fists together before they go on a mission?

by Anonymousreply 22May 17, 2020 5:30 AM

Lol!

by Anonymousreply 23May 17, 2020 11:38 PM

The whole thing is so ridiculous it is seems like a bad parody.

by Anonymousreply 24May 22, 2020 2:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!