Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I Just Got My Covid-19 Antibody Test Today. Jealous Bitches?

Results by Monday. Sorry, no pictures.

by Anonymousreply 3305/25/2020

They have an error rate of 75% so if you test negative, you're positive.

by Anonymousreply 105/14/2020

Really? I thought the Roche test was like 96% accurate? What if I test positive? Then I have at least some immunity.

Maybe I'll have a high % of antibodies so I can donate my super-powered blood plasma to sick children.

I'd say it's better that a shot in the dark!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205/14/2020

I had mine done last Friday at Quest labs. Negative for antibodies, dammit.

by Anonymousreply 305/14/2020

R3 thank you for posting. I hope 1000 people post their results. If you got one test, get 1 more to be more sure you have no antibodies. Sorry at least you know where you stand. I'd also like people to say their state ir some general location. I'm researching foe Datalounge. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 405/14/2020

Negative too, so no antibodies yet for partner and me.(CA)

by Anonymousreply 505/16/2020

0/10

by Anonymousreply 605/16/2020

I'm supposed to get one next week. My doctor is having me do a IgG/IgM through Diagnostic Solutions, it says it's accurate but who knows.

by Anonymousreply 705/16/2020

In a disease with limited prevalence like COVID-19, false positives are going to be inflated. Even if the absolute false positive rate is only 5%, if the COVID prevalence is only 2-4% in your area then there is a ~70% chance that someone testing antibody positive is actually negative and did not develop antibodies (which are still unknown as a true marker of protection from future infection). In a region where the prevalence is higher, like NYC the likelihood of a false positive goes down when using the same test. It’s a statistical consideration called base rate fallacy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 805/16/2020

I apparently got the Abbott test but I preferred the Roche test. I could've sworn I got it months ago. Bummer. Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 905/16/2020

Where are you?

How were you able to get it?

I am in Salt Lake. I asked my doctor for an antibody test just this week and he said I couldn't get it because I don't meet the criteria of urgent care. I had COVID symptoms in April.

by Anonymousreply 1005/16/2020

Do you think your doctor understood you clearly that you wanted the antibody test and not the regular test?

I don’t see why PRESENT symptoms are a requirement for something that is testing whether or not you HAD it in the PAST.

I am not following the logic and I wouldn’t end an appointment or correspondence with the doc without being clear.

by Anonymousreply 1105/16/2020

Hopefully you'll die anyway.

by Anonymousreply 1205/16/2020

When you're in the hospital, you should look up the difference between jealous and envious, moron.

by Anonymousreply 1305/16/2020

I'm in Central California. I just asked my doctor, they mailed us lab slips, and I set up an appt. at LabCorp.

They took a vial of blood from my arm. It was easy as and painless. I got the result 2 days later. Do pressure your doctor for a lab slip. Go in to Wuest or LabCorp. They had lots of available times to choose from.

Everyone is high-risk. Antibody tests are easy and quick. I would hope at some point we all test high for these antibodies.

This isn't the up-your-nose test for finding the Corona virus. I wanted the antibody test because I was sure I had already had the virus. I was wrong just have to go on being careful. I really don't want us to come down with this but whatever. Good luck you guys & ladies. Stay safe.

by Anonymousreply 1405/16/2020

Yes, r11, I was very explicit with my doctor.

I qualified for the free drive-by testing in Salt Lake. But they told me it only detects ACTIVE disease and I stayed at home when I had symptoms, per the County Health guidelines at the time.

My doctor said the situation is always changing, so I should call back every 2 weeks to try for an antibody test. I'm going to call every month until I get one.

Maybe this Roche test will speed things up.

by Anonymousreply 1505/16/2020

R15, wow it sounds like they thought you meant the other test. I would try to talk to a doctor directly. Sometimes people misunderstand these tests. Good luck.

by Anonymousreply 1605/16/2020

My biggest concern is not that I didn't have it, but that I didn't produce antibodies. I am 44 days in and still get chills and nausea that comes off and on, never lasting more than a day at a time. I hope I am not testing too soon, I should have at least IgM, but this illness is very strange and I start to doubt myself even when I had all the symptoms. When I got sick in early April, I wasn't deemed severe enough for testing. I live in Chicago, where there are lots of cases.

by Anonymousreply 1705/16/2020

R7, I'd say certainly push to get one or both tests and report back. Good luck and chicken soup with rest.

by Anonymousreply 1805/16/2020

R16 = troll

by Anonymousreply 1905/16/2020

For $10, LabCorp will have their company doctor create a lab order for an antibody test for you. So no need to go to your regular doctor.

by Anonymousreply 2005/16/2020

R19, R16 is very much NOT a troll!

by Anonymousreply 2105/16/2020

Great tip, r20. Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 2205/16/2020

Thanks for the tip r20. Checked into it and this is what it says on the Labcorp website:

"LabCorp.com is a convenient option that uses an independent physician service, PWNHealth, to determine if an individual is eligible for the test following the completion of a short health questionnaire. Individuals who meet PWNHealth’s criteria can go to one of LabCorp’s thousands of patient service centers. "

So my question is, what do they consider eligible based on the questionnaire? What would disqualify a person from being eligible? I would assume someone showing current symptoms or who has recently recovered would be told to wait, but is there anything else disqualifying?

And does Labcorp run their own test or is it Roche, Abbot etc. or do you have a choice? Thanks to anyone who knows this info.

by Anonymousreply 2305/21/2020

I thought having antibodies doesn't mean you have immunity-has that changed-all the news changes so fast!!!!

by Anonymousreply 2405/21/2020

It’s been interesting because so many people I know swore they had the virus - yet not one was positive for antibodies. There was a bad cold that was prevalent in February that wasn’t Covid.

by Anonymousreply 2505/21/2020

My test with Diagnostic Solutions charged me $130 plus $60 for the blood draw. I had it done on Tuesday and am awaiting the results. It should be free like the rapid tests because if they had their shit together when I had all the symptoms and they had the capacity to test me back then, I wouldn't need an antibody test now. My insurance is making me pay, the cunts.

by Anonymousreply 2605/21/2020

I was going to pay for it - but realized it would provide no comfort given the unreliability. And while I was sure I had it, most people I know who think they did end up not having had it. I’ll save my $190 for a post CV vacation

by Anonymousreply 2705/21/2020

I did mine at Labcorp today too! It was easy and I think anyone qualifies for it.

by Anonymousreply 2805/21/2020

How much did you pay r28?

Do you talk to someone in person or call?

by Anonymousreply 2905/22/2020

Not many studies yet, r24.

But the studies we have from Korea do suggest the overwhelming likelihood that recovered corona patients DO have immunity from getting reinfected, for at least a few months if not life.

Reddit link since DL won't accommodate CNN links:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3005/23/2020

I wound up going to CityMD this morning as I somehow picked up a case of conjunctivitis...SMH

I asked if I could get the test for antibodies done, and they accommodated me. Per the CARES act, they aren’t charging a co-payment.

by Anonymousreply 3105/23/2020

I got my antibodies test result back and I’m negative. Honestly surprised as I was really sick in early March.

I’m in NYC

by Anonymousreply 3205/25/2020

Got a nasal swab test (for Corona) and an antibody test about 5 weeks ago-- both negative. Don't know which antibody test it was.

by Anonymousreply 3305/25/2020
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!