Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Alden Ehrenreich hasn’t worked AT ALL since “SOLO” (2018) came out...

He has not filmed anything since. That is literally his last credit.

Has Hollywood blacklisted him because SOLO bombed? That was not his fault! He is incredibly charming, charismatic and talented! It’s a film that shouldn’t have been made to begin with.

Ironically, SOLO was better than the entire new Trilogy. The quality, story and writing were all better. The acting too. It’s a shame that people refused to see it. Different people have different theories about why it flopped, but I believe no one was ever gonna accept anyone not Harrison Ford in the role of Han. Other characters can be recast, but the Holy Trinity (Luke, Leia, Han) are no no’s.

Hell, people didn’t even like that someone else was playing Lando.

I guess he is their scapegoat? Poor guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48May 15, 2020 3:00 PM

I liked Solo too. I wish we could have seen the original film that was going to be made before Ron Howard took over. But I thought Howard did the best he could in an impossible situation.

I thought Ehrenreich was fine. But he was also in an impossible situation - he was playing an iconic role originally played by a beloved actor.

Donald Glover was great as Lando.

by Anonymousreply 1May 15, 2020 2:27 AM

They really should have tried to find someone who had similarities in character and look like Harrison Ford. I've only seen Ahren in Blue Jasmine and, as he was playing a bitter character, he didn't leave a good impression.

by Anonymousreply 2May 15, 2020 2:30 AM

R1 I remember people bitching on Twitter about how Glover looks NOTHING like Billy Dee.

Many hardcore fans said they wouldn’t watch this movie and that Harrison Ford IS Han. No one was ever going to see it with someone else playing that character.

I don’t like how it ends. It’s left open for a sequel almost. Something we will never get now.

I would LOVE to read the original script that got scrapped once Howard took over.

by Anonymousreply 3May 15, 2020 2:32 AM

R2 he is brilliant in Hail, Caesar!

by Anonymousreply 4May 15, 2020 2:33 AM

He worked last year apparently. He's one of the costars in the TV adaptation of Aldous Huxley's "Brave New World". It will air on NBC's streaming site Peacock.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 15, 2020 2:35 AM

Oh, good. He did get once job! Happy for him.

by Anonymousreply 6May 15, 2020 2:36 AM

Solo is even better when you watch it in comparison to that shit trilogy that Disney cooked up.

God, that was awful. The Force Awakens was just a retread of A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back. The Last Jedi was okay. The last one was complete garbage.

At least Solo tried to be fun and brought back the light-hearted spirit of A New Hope.

by Anonymousreply 7May 15, 2020 2:39 AM

He’s hot 🥵

by Anonymousreply 8May 15, 2020 2:39 AM

How fucking stupid is OP that he links to a site where LITERALLY the first thing on Alden’s IMDB is the 2020 series Brave New World.

FF/blocked

by Anonymousreply 9May 15, 2020 2:44 AM

Some other reasons:

1) Franchise fatigue (Star Wars should not be a yearly thing)

2) TLJ shitting on the mythos permanently shattered the fanbase

3) Production hell guaranteed negative publicity

by Anonymousreply 10May 15, 2020 2:46 AM

Wasn't it the first ever Star Wars movie to make a loss? That's not a good association.

by Anonymousreply 11May 15, 2020 2:46 AM

R9 calm the fuck down. He filmed Solo in 2017. It came out in 2018.

He has filmed one thing since then, TWO YEARS LATER, and you are acting like he has been working nonstop.

We also don’t know how big his role is on that new streaming site series.

by Anonymousreply 12May 15, 2020 2:52 AM

Hey, r9, 1 job in 2 years is bad for a young actor, especially one that has worked steadily since 2009. He never had that issue until what was supposed to be his big break bombed.

He may have one project coming, but that is not good to only have one in 2 years.

by Anonymousreply 13May 15, 2020 2:55 AM

I'm a Star Wars nut (but thankfully was a child when the prequels came out). Rogue One and Solo > the sequels. One of my good friends is a Hollywood Child, and she told me Alden was a massive bully in junior high. She was...quite happy when Solo bombed.

by Anonymousreply 14May 15, 2020 3:02 AM

Star Wars - $775 million Worldwide ($11 million budget)

Empire Strikes Back - $547 million Worldwide ($18 million budget)

Return of the Jedi - $475 million Worldwide ($32 million budget)

The Phantom Menace - $1.072 Billion Worldwide ($115 million budget)

Attack of the Clones - $653 Million Worldwide ($115 million budget)

Revenge of the Sith - $868 Million Worldwide ($113 million budget)

The Force Awakens - $2.068 Billion Worldwide ($245 million budget)

The Last Jedi - $1.332 Billion Worldwide ($317 million budget)

The Rise of Skywalker - $1.074 Billion Worldwide ($275 million budget)

Rogue One - $1.056 Billion Worldwide ($200 million budget)

SOLO - $392 Million Worldwide ($275 million budget)

SOLO is on the TOP 3 Most Expensive to make and made the least.

by Anonymousreply 15May 15, 2020 3:09 AM

r14 I heard he comes off very standoffish and sometimes rude, but it is not intentional. He is nothing like the Han character, that is for sure.

by Anonymousreply 16May 15, 2020 3:13 AM

R16 she admits she hasnt seen him since high school and has no idea what hes like today, but that he was a complete jackass back then. Just my tidbit for DL

by Anonymousreply 17May 15, 2020 3:15 AM

If you agree to take on Han Solo or Indiana Jones you're in a for trouble. Deceptively easy roles that actually take amazing timing and charisma to pull off.

by Anonymousreply 18May 15, 2020 3:16 AM

r18 plus they are Iconic characters.

And even worse, when people think of those iconic character, they think of... Harrison Ford. They dont want someone else in that role. It is not like James Bond where they switch him around every few films.

by Anonymousreply 19May 15, 2020 3:17 AM

He was discovered by Steven Spielberg. I am not shocked he is a dick with an ego.

by Anonymousreply 20May 15, 2020 3:28 AM

I loved this interview where Harrison shows up. Harrison is one of a kind.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21May 15, 2020 3:33 AM

R20 being discovered by Spielberg at a bar mitzvah sounds like a bad jock.

by Anonymousreply 22May 15, 2020 3:40 AM

Jock?

by Anonymousreply 23May 15, 2020 3:47 AM

I think he meant joke

by Anonymousreply 24May 15, 2020 3:58 AM

Thx R24

by Anonymousreply 25May 15, 2020 4:01 AM

Short and not that hot or particularly talented. Must have presented hole to get the part.

by Anonymousreply 26May 15, 2020 4:01 AM

R26 I wouldn't mind witnessing that presentation.

by Anonymousreply 27May 15, 2020 4:03 AM

I recall quite a few films of his going straight to VOD but regardless Star Wars must have been a good paycheck. In this day and age, you can work constantly and still be under the radar. I doubt many people are going to signing up for another premium subscription service that could have just as easily landed at Netflix. But a paychecks a paycheck.

by Anonymousreply 28May 15, 2020 4:04 AM

For a show that could have...^^^

by Anonymousreply 29May 15, 2020 4:05 AM

R26 he got it because Spielberg recommended him.

by Anonymousreply 30May 15, 2020 4:08 AM

I thought Solo was a decent enough movie, but yes Harrison Ford IS Han Solo. Ford as Solo is too iconic and too entrenched in pop culture for anyone else to play that role, same with Luke and Leia. It was a thankless job from the start for poor Alden.

by Anonymousreply 31May 15, 2020 4:09 AM

He can do a lot of filming on onlyfans

by Anonymousreply 32May 15, 2020 4:12 AM

He's ugly and also mean-looking. I wouldn't be surprised if the rumors he was a bully in highschool are true.

by Anonymousreply 33May 15, 2020 4:17 AM

Does he have “an” Onlyfans”?

by Anonymousreply 34May 15, 2020 4:37 AM

I thought he would have been a great Duncan Idaho in the new Dune, although I didn't realize how short he was.

by Anonymousreply 35May 15, 2020 4:40 AM

Jason Mamoa >>> Alden

by Anonymousreply 36May 15, 2020 4:42 AM

They should have taken the last trilogy into new territory. Maybe a cameo from the holy trinity, but not the central role they (almost) played.

by Anonymousreply 37May 15, 2020 4:44 AM

R36 What does that hobo have to do with this?

by Anonymousreply 38May 15, 2020 5:00 AM

I'm not saying that Spielberg sucked his pre-pubescent dick, he probably just just lovingly cradled his young nuts and thought of the future.

That is why Alden has a career at all.

by Anonymousreply 39May 15, 2020 5:08 AM

[quote] thought of the future

It's Back to the Future.

by Anonymousreply 40May 15, 2020 5:09 AM

We’re currently hiring orderlies!

by Anonymousreply 41May 15, 2020 5:11 AM

He was incredibly over praised and was the weakest link in that Coen Brothers musical homage to MGM films.

by Anonymousreply 42May 15, 2020 5:17 AM

The weakest link was Channing Tatum

by Anonymousreply 43May 15, 2020 5:28 AM

That movie was too twee by half

by Anonymousreply 44May 15, 2020 12:56 PM

He has the charisma of soggy potato peel which is unfair because playing a role loved by so many that Harrison Ford made his own would be really hard. Though I thought he was OK in that Warren Beatty oddity Rules Don't Apply from a couple of years ago. With the right film and director Alden might take off. Maybe Spielberg should have cast him in West Side Story he couldn't possibly be any worse than Angol Engset (or whatever his name is) will be.

by Anonymousreply 45May 15, 2020 1:42 PM

Ansel can’t act his way out of a paper bag.

by Anonymousreply 46May 15, 2020 2:53 PM

I think they're still planning another trilogy with all-new characters. It's either going to be the best thing ever or it's going to suck even worse than the most recent trilogy.

by Anonymousreply 47May 15, 2020 2:56 PM

There are two future Star Wars projects planned for the future. One originally scheduled for December 2022 and the other December 2024.

They will probably be pushed back because of what is happening.

by Anonymousreply 48May 15, 2020 3:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!