Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hulu’s “The Great”

The talented and lovely Fanning sister stars as Catherine the Great in a limited series from the writer of The Favourite.

Whatever happened to that other Fanning girl?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 29, 2020 3:55 AM

They are full blooded sisters and seem to be very close but...yeah...Elle seems to have gotten the better gene combo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 14, 2020 6:14 PM

Elle's nose is like someone took the scissors to it.

by Anonymousreply 2May 14, 2020 6:15 PM

Dakota is on the excellent "The Alienist". I was at a party in LA and Elle Fanning walked in. She is very tall and was just the sweetest.

by Anonymousreply 3May 14, 2020 6:30 PM

Here is Nicholas’s bubble butt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 15, 2020 11:46 AM

Elle has a pig nose.

by Anonymousreply 5May 15, 2020 12:25 PM

Maybe it was on purpose but Dakota was downright unattractive in Once Upon A Time In America.

by Anonymousreply 6May 15, 2020 12:34 PM

Just saw episode 1 and I'm hooked. It's well written and well acted, and it's loosely based on history, a bonus. The costumes and sets are gorgeous. I can't help but compare it to the last period film I saw, Gerwig's Little Women, which seems like the amateur dreck by comparison. It's also better than Seberg, which went downhill fast for me.

by Anonymousreply 7May 16, 2020 2:52 AM

Through episode 2 and I'm having a really good time. It's cheeky fun.

Bonus: Elle is pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 8May 16, 2020 3:16 AM

I watched the entire series and loved it. The costumes are divine!! Lots of talk about cocks and dicks! I really hope there is another season.

SLIGHT SPOILER: My only small criticism would be that every single time Katherine had a plan it went wrong. It became predictable.

by Anonymousreply 9May 25, 2020 2:06 PM

What kind of alternative universe does it take place in? They fucked around so much with family relationships that it is hard to keep anything straight.

Can you imagine if the Crown did the same thing? Lets make Victoria be Elizabeth's mother and have Philip die right after Charles birth so that we get the whole bittersweet thing.

by Anonymousreply 10May 25, 2020 2:21 PM

Hoult and Fanning should also play Jared and Ivanka in the inevitable Trump movie.

by Anonymousreply 11May 25, 2020 3:04 PM

R10 it does state at the beginning of every episode that it's only occasionally true.

by Anonymousreply 12May 25, 2020 3:09 PM

R12, it still makes it hard to watch.

Having to keep track of what historical facts you are supposed to forget and which you are supposed to remember is hard when the changes have so little payoff.

And it is not as if you have to do anything to make Catherine's life more dramatic or interesting.

by Anonymousreply 13May 25, 2020 3:18 PM

You do get to see Nicholas' ass in a prolonged scene.

by Anonymousreply 14May 29, 2020 2:31 AM

Hoult is smokin hot.

by Anonymousreply 15May 29, 2020 3:55 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!