Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Paul Manafort Released From Prison

NBC: Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort has been released from prison this morning to home confinement for the balance of his sentence, a source confirms to correspondent Tom Winter. Manafort had been slated to be released in November of 2024.

The Bureau of Prisons says there are no known cases of coronavirus at FCI Loretto where Manafort was serving his sentence.

by Anonymousreply 16May 13, 2020 11:26 PM

Then he would be safer in prison....

by Anonymousreply 1May 13, 2020 1:02 PM

[quote]The Bureau of Prisons says there are no known cases of coronavirus at FCI Loretto where Manafort was serving his sentence.

Then why?

by Anonymousreply 2May 13, 2020 1:03 PM

Fuck that shit.

Guess he got the millionaire treatment.

There is no justice in this world.

by Anonymousreply 3May 13, 2020 1:10 PM

Our justice system sucks

by Anonymousreply 4May 13, 2020 1:17 PM

And Michael Cohen's approved release was blocked by Dump.

by Anonymousreply 5May 13, 2020 1:24 PM

It's nice that while Manafort is freed, Stone isn't going to jail, Flynn isn't going to jail, and the DOJ is preparing to arrest Comey and possibly Obama the intelligence agency heroes are doing nothing to save the country. I commend you all for your bravery.

by Anonymousreply 6May 13, 2020 1:24 PM

Well, people are always complaining that non-violent offenders shouldn’t be eaten up by the prison-industrial complex. I suspect that people mean that no black teenager should go to jail for years because they had a joint in their pocket (I agree!)

In practice, THIS is what that looks like.

by Anonymousreply 7May 13, 2020 1:35 PM

[quote] Well, people are always complaining that non-violent offenders shouldn’t be eaten up by the prison-industrial complex. I suspect that people mean that no black teenager should go to jail for years because they had a joint in their pocket (I agree!) In practice, THIS is what that looks like.

Precisely where and when were white collar criminals being “eaten up by the prison industrial complex?”

by Anonymousreply 8May 13, 2020 2:06 PM

oh my god

by Anonymousreply 9May 13, 2020 2:08 PM

He's Republican. No consequences of criminal activity apply to Republicans. He'll live in luxury at home until he is pardoned.

by Anonymousreply 10May 13, 2020 2:12 PM

R8: Are the “country club” minimum-security prisons not-for-profit? They might be nicer, but they’re still part of the “prison-industrial complex”.

by Anonymousreply 11May 13, 2020 2:25 PM

[quote]the intelligence agency heroes are doing nothing to save the country

Need I remind you that the intelligence agencies, specifically the FBI, are the reason why Trump is in office? They think they already saved the country with the Comey letter in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 12May 13, 2020 2:26 PM

Obvious political interference.

by Anonymousreply 13May 13, 2020 4:45 PM

Outrageous

by Anonymousreply 14May 13, 2020 5:05 PM

From photos of his release: it sure looks like he didn’t lose any weight in stir. In fact, now he resembles Limbaugh.

Also, his hair went to its natural grey. So I’m sure the first thing he does now is to dye it again.

by Anonymousreply 15May 13, 2020 6:10 PM

NBC News barely even covered this, just referenced it as part of the virus coverage. I guess people just don't give a shit about abuse of law and the well off getting different treatment and one set of rules for Trumps friends and another set for his enemies.

by Anonymousreply 16May 13, 2020 11:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!