Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Timmy Chalamet releases another Dune Photo

Oh God this looks awful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268June 10, 2020 4:52 PM

He IS the Kwisatz Haderach!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 11, 2020 9:13 PM

More like the Ersatz Hadertwink

by Anonymousreply 2May 11, 2020 9:21 PM

There was a whole Vanity Fair article on the film with on set photos last month. Now there’s a new photo today. You know they’re gonna hype the shit of the movie until it’s released in December and that’s usually an indication that a movie is bad.

by Anonymousreply 3May 11, 2020 9:23 PM

I see he's gained a little weight.

by Anonymousreply 4May 11, 2020 9:26 PM

R4, he’s expecting.

by Anonymousreply 5May 11, 2020 9:27 PM

I see this going down the Blade Runner 2049 route both at the box office and awards season.

by Anonymousreply 6May 11, 2020 9:31 PM

People only go to the movies in December to get of the house so they can escape their relatives in for the Holidays.

by Anonymousreply 7May 11, 2020 9:34 PM

No one is going to be going to movie theaters any time soon.

by Anonymousreply 8May 11, 2020 9:43 PM

Everything I´ve seen so far about this new Dune looks very bland.

by Anonymousreply 9May 11, 2020 9:44 PM

Historically, Dune has been career death for anyone involved. So yeah!

by Anonymousreply 10May 11, 2020 9:57 PM

Maybe they should just move on to the other books in the series?

by Anonymousreply 11May 11, 2020 10:21 PM

This is going to be great.

I can't wait!

by Anonymousreply 12May 11, 2020 11:01 PM

Yay!

by Anonymousreply 13May 11, 2020 11:05 PM

The only worm Timmy is riding is in the form of executive dick.

by Anonymousreply 14May 11, 2020 11:09 PM

This will probably be an unpopular opinion, but I haven’t seen one image yet that begins to compare to the David Lynch version. It didn’t make a lot of sense, that movie, but dear god, the imagination.

by Anonymousreply 15May 11, 2020 11:12 PM

R6, meaning??

by Anonymousreply 16May 11, 2020 11:14 PM

He looks mature in this. He'll do well.

Oscar Isaac's the hottttttttttie tho!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17May 11, 2020 11:17 PM

I remember thinking Dune was an important book.

by Anonymousreply 18May 11, 2020 11:20 PM

R3, nowadays all studio films, if they have the budget, get the shit hyped out of them.

For instance, Guy Ritchie's "The Gentlemen" was annoyingly everywhere you looked, advertising must have cost them a fortune. I saw it out of boredom, I suppose and it turned out to be one of the most entertaining and interesting films I have watched in the last few years.

by Anonymousreply 19May 11, 2020 11:56 PM

R14, meaning?

And whose exactly?

by Anonymousreply 20May 11, 2020 11:58 PM

He is super fug

by Anonymousreply 21May 12, 2020 12:01 AM

R20 Meaning he doesn't have the chops for the role, so he's likely paying for it with his ass.

by Anonymousreply 22May 12, 2020 7:20 AM

[quote]Historically, Dune has been career death for anyone involved.

David Lynch recovered nicely with "Blue Velvet" only two years later.

by Anonymousreply 23May 12, 2020 7:41 AM

r5 Momoa knocked him up? Armie will raise it as his own.

by Anonymousreply 24May 12, 2020 8:02 AM

I wonder if he is affected by all the hate he gets online.

by Anonymousreply 25May 12, 2020 8:10 AM

I would love it if various actors from the original had cameos/non-speaking parts in this film.

I would love to see Patrick Stewart or Sting in the background of a scene.

by Anonymousreply 26May 12, 2020 10:26 AM

This looks hot. I did some digging on the people posting on this thread and apparently it’s Charmie (people who want Armie and Timothée to be a couple ) who are hating on this and all Timothée’s movies. Looks like they may be angry that the ship has sunk.

For example:

Timmy Chalamet releases another Dune Photo Everything I´ve seen so far about this new Dune looks very bland.

Armie Hammer’s wife now just gristle clinging to bone powder Beach and lunch at their usual place with the usual friends + mothers from the children´s school. Perfectly fine for us but underwhelming coming from someone who wants to portray a glamorous lifestyle . And Chalamet must be stingy if he doesn´t even bother to send flowers to her second mum in her birthday. The same goes for her other dear friend, Miss Deep.

Armie Hammer’s wife now just gristle clinging to bone powder * his

Timothee Chalamet Part 1 It would be nice of them if they´d stop trolling the fans with those songs they post on twitter too.

‘The King’ Review: Timothée Chalamet Rules, But Netflix’s Shakespearean Epic Is No Crowning Achievement According to a critic he´s becoming " the male version of Kristen Stewart". And he wrote that before he got to see last night outfit ..

‘The King’ Review: Timothée Chalamet Rules, But Netflix’s Shakespearean Epic Is No Crowning Achievement This Brian .... Someone said time ago that this guy was one of the best agents in the business. Well, I don´t know, maybe he is but I have a hard time believing other agents behave like him. I never understood why he interacts with fans so much to begin with. Is he not busy? . He´s just another attention whore in the Tim´s circus.

by Anonymousreply 27May 12, 2020 10:30 AM

Doesn’t take much to see the posters who put this and every other Timothée and Armie thread is probably the same Person with the intention to hate on them. Pretty passionate and obsessed.

Timmy Chalamet releases another Dune Photo Oh God this looks awful.

Timmy Chalamet releases another Dune Photo There was a whole Vanity Fair article on the film with on set photos last month. Now there’s a new photo today. You know they’re gonna hype the shit of the movie until it’s released in December and that’s usually an indication that a movie is bad.

Timmy Chalamet releases another Dune Photo I see this going down the Blade Runner 2049 route both at the box office and awards season.

Timmy Chalamet releases another Dune Photo Historically, Dune has been career death for anyone involved. So yeah!

Male Actors That Don't Have Chemistry With Female Co-Stars Are there any male actors that have little or zero chemistry with any female co-stars. For example, I think Kate Winslet aside, Leonardo DiCaprio doesn't have a lot of chemistry with his female co-stars.

Male Actors That Don't Have Chemistry With Female Co-Stars Timothee Chalamet

Male Actors That Don't Have Chemistry With Female Co-Stars Isn't it ironic? Romantic lead roles are apparently still straight guys only. The result is they end up casting closet cases who project no chemistry or charm on screen with their female co-stars.

Male Actors That Don't Have Chemistry With Female Co-Stars R95: They’re giving Chalamet leading man roles. That’s definite proof that dashing leading man days are over.

Male Actors That Don't Have Chemistry With Female Co-Stars R97: Chalamet will probably go down the Alden Ehrenreich, Dane DeHaan route of failed leading man. Armie Hammer now totally gay. He’s straight but I do think he’s unhappy in his marriage. I think a divorce is inevitable.

Armie Hammer now totally gay. Somehow he continues to stay employed in the industry.

Armie Hammer now totally gay. R348: I'm kind of shocked that he's still working. He's not a good actor but he is handsome. Still though he hasn't really shown his ass or done any real nudity. If he's hesitant about nude scenes and with his little acting talent, why are casting directors still hiring him?

Armie Hammer now totally gay. R350: I agree it's really surprising. He needs to either show his ass or taking acting lessons if he wants those rolls to keep coming in.

by Anonymousreply 28May 12, 2020 10:35 AM

R27 Thanks for explaining Charmie to us.

by Anonymousreply 29May 12, 2020 10:35 AM

Basically, I’d guess 5 obsessed fans or haters post on these Timothée and Armie threads. I’m one of them. But I have a few other accounts so I know the drill.

by Anonymousreply 30May 12, 2020 10:36 AM

Always knew it was same lunatics ahahah grt to see some proofs

by Anonymousreply 31May 12, 2020 2:57 PM

I am not an obsessed fan or hater, but I have a hard time seeing this twink as an action hero. And he has no chin. And his forehead is too large.

by Anonymousreply 32May 12, 2020 3:09 PM

R32, no chin?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33May 12, 2020 3:41 PM

Of course there are some who have a hard time seeing him as an action hero. He has an ugly anorexic body and face.

by Anonymousreply 34May 12, 2020 3:44 PM

Timmy boy’s name but still she look like nice girl, almost lady. She clean bathroom too, ok. I take her in, if cheap.

by Anonymousreply 35May 12, 2020 3:50 PM

“No chin” is a figure of speech. It means “unnaturally small and disproportionate chin that throws off the proportions of the face.”

by Anonymousreply 36May 12, 2020 4:04 PM

Ugly? Feminine?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37May 12, 2020 7:35 PM

R34, did you see him in "The King"? Playing a warring king Henry the V (from Shakespeare)? He is fierce

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38May 12, 2020 7:47 PM

He’s adorable fighting those full-size men. So plausible.

by Anonymousreply 39May 12, 2020 8:01 PM

More still images from the film.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40May 12, 2020 8:06 PM

It's not that outlandish? He was able to pull it off

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41May 12, 2020 8:07 PM

Last one. He was brilliant but so was Pattinson

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42May 12, 2020 8:09 PM

Walk without rhythm and it won't attract the worm.

by Anonymousreply 43May 12, 2020 8:13 PM

R27 The Charmies adore Timothée, his movies, and every little thing he does so you get an F for your "research". However, DL clearly has a Timothée hater troll who repeatedly starts mean-spirited threads about him. It's obvious this person is in love with him and/or jealous to take an obsession to such a point.

by Anonymousreply 44May 12, 2020 8:15 PM

R44 nah there are some Charmies who literally hate him. They think he’s sold his soul. They only support him when he does something for Charmie. As you can see there are a lot of haters who think he’s sending them random clues about Charmie. Lots of psychos who are disappointed he’s trying to establish himself as a bigger name and maybe threatens the possibility he’ll be too good for Armie. These women are illogical and nuts.

by Anonymousreply 45May 12, 2020 9:17 PM

I've only watched my older brother play the old PC game. Whenever I hear about Dune I'm like people want to make movies off of that crapy game. Then I was in bookstore and saw all of the books. Are the books any good?

by Anonymousreply 46May 12, 2020 9:45 PM

Why don't you read them to find out? There is nothing like first hand knowledge.

by Anonymousreply 47May 12, 2020 9:58 PM

R2 now that is funny. Well done.

by Anonymousreply 48May 12, 2020 10:07 PM

R37 not ugly. Feminine, yes, he is a bit. But I like that a whole lot. Wont be to everybody's taste for sure

I think he;s beautiful myself. There I done said it

by Anonymousreply 49May 12, 2020 11:21 PM

I’m just so tired of seeing his face everywhere. Jharrel Jerome is miles better but nobody seems to be hiring him. I wonder why.

by Anonymousreply 50May 13, 2020 12:11 PM

R50 I wonder why.

by Anonymousreply 51May 13, 2020 7:31 PM

I will not watch this shit as the costumes are too thick and I won't be able to see any VPLs.

by Anonymousreply 52May 13, 2020 8:26 PM

Jharrel Jerome is doing grt with his Emmy. After the Emmy, you don't sit without any job. I bet he has been filming all last and this year and we ll see a lot of him in 2021.

He and Timothee are good friends btw. Respect each other. Jharrel Jerome told about it in one of his interviews. But keep on making a drama out of thin air I guess

by Anonymousreply 53May 13, 2020 9:52 PM

Majorly fuckable

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54May 17, 2020 2:20 AM

R54 I bet he can take it rough, too. He looks frail, but I bet he's all wiry tough.

by Anonymousreply 55May 17, 2020 2:22 AM

Who is Timothee playing? The Princess Irulan?

by Anonymousreply 56May 17, 2020 2:22 AM

R54: Exquisitely ugly

by Anonymousreply 57May 17, 2020 2:23 AM

R56 Harkonnen's fuck boy - he's used to nasty old fatties using his hole.

by Anonymousreply 58May 17, 2020 2:24 AM

R55 maybe, but I wouldnt want to be rough with him, I far prefer being gentle and affectionate, rough isnt in my nature sexually

by Anonymousreply 59May 17, 2020 2:24 AM

r57 hey local timothee hater. How are you doing? Did you manage to make your plan of Timothee hate posts for today?

by Anonymousreply 60May 17, 2020 6:48 PM

R60: He has haters that see through the overhyped Hollywood bullshit surrounding him. I'm not the only one.

by Anonymousreply 61May 17, 2020 11:47 PM

R28 - that's the Welp Troll you've identified. She gets so angry when a man she's convinced herself is gay and about to come out doesn't behave as she expected. She's hated Timmy since the pics of him making out with Lily Depp.

by Anonymousreply 62May 17, 2020 11:59 PM

r54 Nice fluffy pillow of hair to hold onto while he pleases me orally.

by Anonymousreply 63May 18, 2020 3:27 AM

[quote]I see this going down the Blade Runner 2049 route both at the box office and awards season.

The same. Dune is probably too weird and remote to be the mainstream Game of Thrones in space type of hit they think it will be.

by Anonymousreply 64May 18, 2020 7:07 AM

R64, There is a dearth of good films this year. When it comes out at the end of the year, after the ravages of Corona, people will be so desperate that they would take anything.

by Anonymousreply 65May 18, 2020 10:16 AM

Timmy releases? Surely he is not single handily in charge of promoting the film, there’s a whole P.R. team and marketing campaign no?

by Anonymousreply 66May 18, 2020 10:24 AM

looks great! Can't wait to see this!

by Anonymousreply 67May 18, 2020 10:25 AM

R66, well, when you have 8 million followers you can safely say that when he posts a photo on his ig it is definitely a release. Not even newspapers today have as many subscribers.

by Anonymousreply 68May 18, 2020 11:14 AM

Harry Styles should have been cast as Feyd if they wanted this film to have a buzz. They considered it. The fight between Feyd and Paul would have had fraus flocking to the cinemas.

by Anonymousreply 69May 18, 2020 12:28 PM

R10 - "Historically, Dune has been career death for anyone involved. So yeah!"

Bit of an exaggeration - er, Patrick Stewart, the star of one of the most successful TV franchises in history? Sean Young (went on to star in Blade Runner and No Way Out? Sting? Francesca Annis (was never going to be an A-list film star but a distinguished stage and TV career).

by Anonymousreply 70May 18, 2020 12:41 PM

[quote] The fight between Feyd and Paul would have had fraus flocking to the cinemas.

"Fraus" are into George Clooney and Hugh Jackman, not Chalamet and Styles.

by Anonymousreply 71May 18, 2020 1:03 PM

R71 really? I think you mean gays. What woman is screaming over Clooney and Jackman anymore. Don’t get me wrong they’re still desired but it not as passionately as with Styles and Chalamet

by Anonymousreply 72May 18, 2020 1:10 PM

Why does the Timothee hating troll start all his threads. He has a obsession which makes me thinks he’s actually in love with him.

by Anonymousreply 73May 18, 2020 1:11 PM

r72, Chalamet and Styles are popular with young women. Fraus tend to prefer mature men.

by Anonymousreply 74May 18, 2020 1:16 PM

R74 I don’t think gay men are experts on who women prefer. I saw Timmy at an event. Was shocked by the numbers of women over 30 in attendance.

Leo became huge after Titanic bc not only girls but women wanted him. The same is the case for Timothee.

by Anonymousreply 75May 18, 2020 1:20 PM

R75: This kid is nothing like Leo. He’s all hype and nothing more.

by Anonymousreply 76May 18, 2020 1:24 PM

R76 he’s very similar to Leo. Young, acclaimed heartthrob with a certain unique charm on and off screen. However he’s more talented and more beautiful than Leo.

by Anonymousreply 77May 18, 2020 1:27 PM

R77: He’s not attractive at all. He plays the same whiny character. He’s the male Jennifer Lawrence: overhyped and overexposed.

by Anonymousreply 78May 18, 2020 1:29 PM

R78 can I ask why you waste time on him if you don’t like him? are you miserable in your life you prefer to spend time obsessing over people you hate? Sounds lonely.

by Anonymousreply 79May 18, 2020 1:33 PM

[quote] I saw Timmy at an event. Was shocked by the numbers of women over 30 in attendance.

Even if he has female fans over 30, I don't think they fall under the "frau" category. Being a frau comes with a kind of conventionality that's not really compatible with being into an androgynous twink like him.

by Anonymousreply 80May 18, 2020 1:37 PM

R76 R77 - I don't agree. Anyone who gets this measure of stardom this young is getting some hype, it goes with the territory, it's part of the standard tool box.

I saw him "Beautiful Boy" and it was a really fine performance. I've never seen as remotely restrained and nuanced a one from Lawrence, and he was, what, 22? And the character wasn't "whiny" - he was, in fact, callous, devious, and occasionally brutal - the locus of his descent into addiction remains mysterious. I maintain that Chalamet is talented, if that performance is anything to go by, and if not classically handsome, he does have some individual charisma and appeal. Otherwise, he couldn't have pulled that role off without arousing some sympathy, as well.

The question is, will he waste it or not?

Whether or not you think he's "attractive" or not has nothing to do with whether he can act or not.

by Anonymousreply 81May 18, 2020 1:38 PM

R81: I did see Beautiful Boy and I thought he was so overacting.

by Anonymousreply 82May 18, 2020 1:40 PM

R82 you hate him. You’re biased. Many acting academies thought otherwise. I’m thinking about the BAFTA, Golden Globes and whatever else he earned.

by Anonymousreply 83May 18, 2020 1:50 PM

Say what you will, but LaGuardia was good training for Timmy, something most young people in the country didn’t have access to when launching a career as an actor. There is an undeniable “It” factor about him that does a lot of the heavy lifting, but he’s got game enough to back it up.

by Anonymousreply 84May 18, 2020 7:49 PM

R82 - R83 is right - you hate him. That performance was so NOT overacted given its scope for same. I have no problem with people simply not "taking" to some artists. I couldn't stand Richard Dreyfus no matter what he did but I wouldn't say that he had no talent. But that performance in Beautiful Boy was remarkable for how UN-overacted it was, especially given the actor's age.

by Anonymousreply 85May 18, 2020 7:54 PM

R37/R49 I think he is beautiful looking as well, and I suppose some may find that a bit femme. I find him more boyish. Though I'm not at all turned off by more feminine blokes, Chalamet doesn't get my motor humming. I think he could in a few years though. Too young presently to turn my crank. I feel similarly about Froy. When they've finished maturing, they're both heading straight to sexytown.

by Anonymousreply 86May 18, 2020 8:40 PM

R86 I'd be happy to take him right now, or later. I quite like older fem guys too providing the keep their figure

R60/ R73 yeah I cant figure out why someone who isnt into him has to come and shit all over the Timothee threads like an aggressively incontinent seagull. I dont see the attraction of big mature hairy men or muscle bulls at all, but I dont go round shitting all over the threads about those sorts of men, I got better stuff to do. Like look at more pics of pretty Timothee

by Anonymousreply 87May 18, 2020 9:31 PM

R87/ v8fairy Well said mate; I like to keep things positive myself. Nothing more miserable than someone crapping all over someone else's yum... be it foods or blokes!

by Anonymousreply 88May 18, 2020 11:39 PM

Worm shot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89May 18, 2020 11:58 PM

R89 Well that’s quite editorial!

by Anonymousreply 90May 19, 2020 12:00 AM

I'll watch it gladly with AMC Alist if/when theaters ever reopen.

by Anonymousreply 91May 19, 2020 12:01 AM

r89 No way is he that buff.

by Anonymousreply 92May 19, 2020 4:03 AM

R92, this is the DL — it's make believe! And that body on Timothee is an entertaining sight,

by Anonymousreply 93May 19, 2020 5:58 AM

He'll never be able to compete with this, circa 1985, and shouldn't even try:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94May 19, 2020 6:04 AM

Oh hell no.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95May 19, 2020 6:05 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96May 19, 2020 6:24 AM

R96 sexy

by Anonymousreply 97May 19, 2020 10:38 AM

In CMBYN his body was 100x sexier than Armie Hammer’s.

by Anonymousreply 98May 19, 2020 10:41 AM

So the nutcase who started this thread accounts for 90% of the posts on it too ?

“ Timmy Chalamet releases another Dune Photo Oh God this looks awful.

Timmy Chalamet releases another Dune Photo There was a whole Vanity Fair article on the film with on set photos last month. Now there’s a new photo today. You know they’re gonna hype the shit of the movie until it’s released in December and that’s usually an indication that a movie is bad.

Timmy Chalamet releases another Dune Photo I see this going down the Blade Runner 2049 route both at the box office and awards season.

Timmy Chalamet releases another Dune Photo Historically, Dune has been career death for anyone involved. So yeah!

Timmy Chalamet releases another Dune Photo Of course there are some who have a hard time seeing him as an action hero. He has an ugly anorexic body and face.

Timmy Chalamet releases another Dune Photo I’m just so tired of seeing his face everywhere. Jharrel Jerome is miles better but nobody seems to be hiring him. I wonder why.

Timmy Chalamet releases another Dune Photo R54: Exquisitely ugly

Timmy Chalamet releases another Dune Photo R60: He has haters that see through the overhyped Hollywood bullshit surrounding him. I'm not the only one.”

by Anonymousreply 99May 19, 2020 1:48 PM

OP, busted!

But I'm really curious what's so bad about him?

by Anonymousreply 100May 19, 2020 3:53 PM

R100 He dares to be good at what he does and gets recognitions for it plus a lot of people find him attractive. And he is just 24. Like one of these reasons is already enough to hate him for. But he is a triple threat so its unforgivable for some bitches here

by Anonymousreply 101May 19, 2020 4:05 PM

R100 His endlessly vocal stans, for one thing.

by Anonymousreply 102May 19, 2020 6:27 PM

R102 The ones who don't understand DL isn't a fan site especially

R100 Him praising and hanging out with homophobes like Migos, the Weeknd, Kanye, etc.

by Anonymousreply 103May 19, 2020 8:53 PM

R102, so you dislike him because he's popular? What a snob...

by Anonymousreply 104May 19, 2020 9:35 PM

R103, he doesn't praise them because they are homophobes, he admires them as musicians.

One can take a similar stance with for instance Woody Allen. Here on the DL the gays are busy defending him for his genius as a filmmaker (I personally don't see it). As with Harvey Weinstein, or Roman Polanski, I find the three despicable, but to each its own. So, should we cancel them altogether because they are pedophiles or rapists?

by Anonymousreply 105May 19, 2020 9:44 PM

[quote]he doesn't praise them because they are homophobes, he admires them as musicians

Imagine being on DL and actually trying to defend that stance. I guess it's not a surprise given you refer to "the gays" like an alien race. Also, no, some people on DL defend Allen, others believe he's guilty - I know the concept of "the gays" have different opinions on something must be challenging to you. And yes, we should cancel them all.

I'd also now like to add his homophobic fans who invade gay websites with stupid shit like this.

by Anonymousreply 106May 19, 2020 11:59 PM

Guys what are you even talking about. There is a tick toker who hint (cos he can't say cos of the NDA) that he slept with Chalamet. Might be total bullshit might be not.

by Anonymousreply 107May 20, 2020 12:14 AM

[quote]Might be total bullshit

Ya think?

by Anonymousreply 108May 20, 2020 12:15 AM

Even if it's likely bullshit, while you're bringing it up you could at least tell us the TikToker's name...

by Anonymousreply 109May 20, 2020 2:51 AM

Is the tiktoker a man or a woman?

by Anonymousreply 110May 20, 2020 3:01 AM

r94 What the fuck is Gordon wearing?

by Anonymousreply 111May 20, 2020 6:04 AM

R106, when I say 'the gays' what I mean is a strand of the 'LGBT+ community', white male and straight-acting I don't subscribe to. Your type hijacked the 'gay community' in the last century and excluded any other voices from it and forced the other letters in the mix to have to take a stand.

Tim who I believe is gay belongs to a new generation that is inclusive and accepting that's why he hangs around with Kid Cudi and is genuine friends with black men like Tyler the Creator and admires Frank Ocean.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112May 20, 2020 1:49 PM

The bottom line is he's starting to develop a backlash because of overexposure. The most recent Daily Mail article on him and Dune had a lot of more negative comments than usual. Some comments included the following: he's overrated, his face is everywhere, I'm sick of him. One person even wrote: "Just because his legion of fangirls find his sickly look appealing doesn't mean he should be cast in everything."

I say this because it totally reminds me of Jennifer Lawrence. Based on her one performance in Winter's Bone, she was the overhyped newcomer who was suddenly in everything. She soon developed a backlash although her personality was a huge factor there. The fact is seeing him in multiple projects is starting to become tedious and unfair. I respect everyone's opinions but ultimately I really see him fading or the industry winding him down.

by Anonymousreply 113May 20, 2020 6:14 PM

I wonder what his life is going to be like after lockdown: will the extreme promotion continue or would it quieten down and he'll be getting down to proper business

by Anonymousreply 114May 20, 2020 7:22 PM

R112 In other words you hate actual gay men, and only like men you pretend are gay.

by Anonymousreply 115May 20, 2020 11:55 PM

'"Fraus" are into George Clooney and Hugh Jackman, not Chalamet and Styles.'

Not true. All the Larries fraus are gross middle aged fag hag types. Teens and 20s these days are into Mendes and Kpop.

by Anonymousreply 116May 21, 2020 12:35 AM

r113 agree with you. I think he should have slowed down on promo of himself. If his PR pushing was not that big even if he still made all the projects - the public would not be tired of him that much. But he has like 20% of exposure through his projects and 80% through media pr shit like fashion who he fucks pretty boy agenda etc. He made his career's grave with his own hands

by Anonymousreply 117May 21, 2020 8:35 PM

R117: Exactly. After just one breakout performance, the industry or the Hollywood PR machine overhyped him as the next big thing just like they did with Jennifer Lawrence after Winter's Bone. These past few years have shown us that he's more interested in being a star than an actor. That's because of all of the reasons you just mentioned: pr shit, fashion, etc. Now the public is growing tired of it and growing agitated with seeing him in one project after another. Now there is backlash and the truth is he really hasn't been around that long.

by Anonymousreply 118May 21, 2020 9:25 PM

R115, Am I missing something? Why would someone pretend to be gay?

by Anonymousreply 119May 21, 2020 9:42 PM

R118, regardless of what you say, I think he's doing well. I don't see any backlash against him, just the usual naysayers. But every celebrity has those.

His projects are not that mainstream except for little women maybe. So far he's been wise in his choices: what designers he wears, what music he listens to, who he's seen with, who his friends are. But I think the best thing he's actually done is to separate his 'real life' from the HW bs.

by Anonymousreply 120May 21, 2020 10:00 PM

R117/R118 I think this is well illustrated by the way his agent actually helped fans keep up to date on his location - though I can't remember the specifics. It was around Venice, I think some fans tweeted him asking where Timothee was and he actually answered them. When they're that desperate to keep fans up to date, it seems a bit too much.

R119 I'd say don't play dumb, but on the off chance you are actually that dumb - I said that YOU pretend are gay. Like thinking Chalamet is gay.

R120 And you know about his 'real life' how?

by Anonymousreply 121May 21, 2020 10:03 PM

R121, so you have to be gay to think Timothee is gay? What?!

by Anonymousreply 122May 21, 2020 10:06 PM

@R121

[quote] And you know about his 'real life' how?

Very simple I don't assume that what I see on his social media channels or in the media is his 'real life'

by Anonymousreply 123May 21, 2020 10:09 PM

R122 Ah, so you are that dumb. Hardly a shock you're the same person defending Armie Hammer and the 1%. These are the kind of fans these people have.

R123 In other words his 'real life' is whatever you pretend it is. Again, just confirming for us all that you're beyond dumb.

by Anonymousreply 124May 21, 2020 10:10 PM

R121: That whole Venice drama was proof that he was more interested in celebrity rather than being a serious actor. People suddenly realized he was playing the Hollywood PR game. It definitely had an impact on his reputation.

by Anonymousreply 125May 21, 2020 10:11 PM

[quote] In other words his 'real life' is whatever you pretend it is.

So you think what you see on the internet and what he posts is his real life? What are you a 15 yo?

by Anonymousreply 126May 21, 2020 10:16 PM

[quote] proof that he was more interested in celebrity rather than being a serious actor.

Very original. You think you are a media analyst?

by Anonymousreply 127May 21, 2020 10:18 PM

R126 Meaning you have absolutely no idea what his real life actually is, so you have no idea how well he separates the two.

by Anonymousreply 128May 21, 2020 10:20 PM

[quote] People only go to the movies in December to get of the house so they can escape their relatives in for the Holidays.

That's not true for me. All the Academy Award contenders are released in December, so it's one of the few times I like to go to the movies because it's one of the only times that American films are halfway intelligent. (Intelligent foreign films are released throughout the year, for some reason)

by Anonymousreply 129May 21, 2020 10:21 PM

R89 Fuck me...full bush. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 130May 21, 2020 10:27 PM

R128, hon, it's just common sense, you don't need a DPhil to work it out.

by Anonymousreply 131May 21, 2020 10:35 PM

I'm blocking the bitterly arguing stans.

by Anonymousreply 132May 21, 2020 10:46 PM

Yeah i am disappointed in his choices. Should have stayed lowkey and work on his acting instead of making himself a public media toilet juornos running to to make clibatable articles about

I am sososo disappointed

Well in 2-3 years OR earlier he ll disappear or ll go mass media, both are his acting death in a way. After 6 more years he ll play in some young newcomers small indie movie and maybe even ll get a Come back. As Travolta once with pulp fiction

OR he will go full theater OR smth

by Anonymousreply 133May 21, 2020 11:09 PM

Just to be clear:

1 timothee is not gay or bi, he's a professional actor who doesn't care if he's doing same sex scenes cuz, duh, he's not a little baby child

2 he is not a flash in the pan, his work is consistently praised and awards and nominations are not his main goal

3 he is not a media hound if you pay any attention to his IG or Twitter profile

4 he is hotter than anyone you will ever fuck in your entire life, so hate away

5 his relationship with LRD was legit until he discovered she was responsible for the paparazzi boat shots and the he bailed out

6 he is holed up in NYC because his grandmother has been ill

7 he will win an Oscar before he is 30, he won't be doing TV

by Anonymousreply 134May 21, 2020 11:41 PM

R133 The odd thing is how people thought he'd be anything other than this. Just look at how he was pre-CMBYN and you'll see all the same signs, just clearer.

[quote]he is not a media hound if you pay any attention to his IG or Twitter profile

Ugh, the Harry Styles defence. Just because he rarely posts doesn't mean he isn't interested in media attention - it just means he and his team are trying to make him seem mysterious and exclusive. Hence the tedious shit like the pantry photo.

[quote]until he discovered she was responsible for the paparazzi boat shots and the he bailed out

Any basis to this or just more made up shit?

quote]he is holed up in NYC

So he isn't with The Weeknd? Is there proof either way?

[quote]he won't be doing TV

A really weird thing to add given TV is now more acceptable for film actors than ever before.

by Anonymousreply 135May 21, 2020 11:53 PM

The bottom line is it’s become abundantly clear that he’s in it for the fame and paparazzi of it rather than art and craft. And because he’s now know mostly for his overexposure, it is negatively affecting his career. End of story.

by Anonymousreply 136May 21, 2020 11:57 PM

134 Are you Chalamet's Oracle or something? How do you know these things?

by Anonymousreply 137May 22, 2020 12:02 AM

For the record, you don't sound creepy or obsessive at ALL, r134!

Who could possibly think that of you?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138May 22, 2020 12:02 AM

Harry Styles has done it right. One big debut in Dunkirk, then released two albums, the second one HUGE. Platinum in two months. Now everyone is waiting for his next movie role. Timmy is over exposed.

by Anonymousreply 139May 22, 2020 12:04 AM

Of all the delusional posts in this thread, R139 may be the winner

by Anonymousreply 140May 22, 2020 12:09 AM

R135 Netflix and streaming platforms are basically TV and he did that movie for Netflix, so I agree the cross over tends to be seamless these days.

by Anonymousreply 141May 22, 2020 12:11 AM

r139 He still hasn't exposed his cock.

by Anonymousreply 142May 22, 2020 12:11 AM

R142 He leaked his own dick pic for attention. He was underage at the time though so I'd advise against looking for it.

by Anonymousreply 143May 22, 2020 12:13 AM

R143 Boy’s dicks and asses need to change to a different color after 18 so we know that it’s OK to look. That would have done the Dylan Geick thread some good.

by Anonymousreply 144May 22, 2020 1:17 AM

Yes, r139 - if only Timothee Chalamet, the actor, followed the wise example of Harry Styles, the singer, and acted in fewer movies.

by Anonymousreply 145May 22, 2020 7:36 AM

R134 There are at least two very obvious lies there.

by Anonymousreply 146May 22, 2020 11:31 AM

I'll split the difference and state that yes, he's talented; yes he's a bit overexposed but avoiding that in today's world is next to impossible given the reach of social media and obsessed fangurls; you can be in it for fame and fortune as well as craft . . . narcissism is so rife in that business that those without it are the exception rather than the rule.

by Anonymousreply 147May 22, 2020 12:24 PM

Reading these comments it’s very clear that he’s not everybody’s cup of tea. There’s one group of people who think he’s overrated and overexposed. Then there’s the camp who support him and think he is talented. He’s a very divisive and polarizing figure.

by Anonymousreply 148May 22, 2020 1:07 PM

R148 summing things up

by Anonymousreply 149May 22, 2020 1:27 PM

R149: I’m just commenting on what I see so we can put an end to this dialogue and stop the drama.

by Anonymousreply 150May 22, 2020 1:29 PM

You on the DL may not like him but he and Armie get mentioned on British GQ social media almost every fortnight. You would think they are getting paid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151May 22, 2020 1:35 PM

Yay!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152May 22, 2020 1:56 PM

Right now he’s definitely having his moment but this is a fickle industry. There are a variety of factors that can affect an actor’s popularity. Also, the next newcomer around the corner is a constant threat. We talk about Chalamet now but we need to prepare for the day when a newcomer replaces him and that might be sooner than you think.

by Anonymousreply 153May 22, 2020 2:05 PM

R153 "prepare for the day"? Are we expecting to be traumatized if Timmy goes away?

by Anonymousreply 154May 22, 2020 3:14 PM

[quote] Are we expecting to be traumatized.......

Oh, dear

by Anonymousreply 155May 22, 2020 3:28 PM

This is what I like about Tim

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156May 22, 2020 7:14 PM

[quote]You would think they are getting paid

They are, in clicks. They post about Timothee and they get a bunch of clicks from his fans who're obsessive about every thing posted about him. Same with anyone with a similar fanbase.

by Anonymousreply 157May 22, 2020 7:42 PM

Respectfully, could someone explain the interest in or attraction to this lad?

Many thanks.

by Anonymousreply 158May 22, 2020 7:48 PM

r158 talent for me (and a lot of people)

i am the one who wrote above that he is overexposed and it was wrong to make so much pr for him but I was hooked to him for his talent (he never was my type to fuck and he is waaaaaaaaaaay to young for me find him in any way interesting in this way) but his performance in CMBYN killed me. I was blown away with palpable feelings on the screen. Funny thing i started to watch it for Atmie cos i always loved him (sexy mf) and would watch him in anything. I did not notice him in it at all cos scrawny lil dude i had never seen took over the screen easily.

Then i watched some other movies and got amazed with his talent even further. So I hoped to see more serious work from him. But then this PR shit has started and all the questionable choices and yeaaaaah i still will check his movies in hopes of same magic but i am deeply annoyed with his public persona

by Anonymousreply 159May 22, 2020 11:40 PM

I do think he and Harry Styles would make a super hot gay couple. Maybe if they televised Dancer from the Dance. Styles could be Malone and Timmy the narrator.

by Anonymousreply 160May 22, 2020 11:42 PM

The disgusting Charmies have finally joined the thread.

by Anonymousreply 161May 22, 2020 11:46 PM

R158: I’ve been trying to figure that out since his breakthrough. He’s so overrated as an actor and he’s not much of a looker.

by Anonymousreply 162May 22, 2020 11:52 PM

He's not going anywhere for god's sake, he's not a Kardashian, he's a talented actor with a massive career ahead of him. Get used to it, bitches.

by Anonymousreply 163May 22, 2020 11:57 PM

r161 if you refer to me (159) i am not a charmie and never was. Find those crazy people the most annoying delusional mfs in the world. I liked Armie for his looks and his performance in Guy Ritchie's movie - he was so good in it. Hope they will make the 2nd part. Though after the CMBYN i don't find him that interesting, kinda got disappointed with him. And after seeing more of his public persona - i kind of lost all the respect to him too.

Good advice for everyone in this thread - do not get to know the actors whose art you love. The hard feelings incoming

by Anonymousreply 164May 22, 2020 11:59 PM

R163: I wouldn’t be so sure. Very few people are popular forever in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 165May 23, 2020 12:00 AM

r162 to state on the acting thing we shall see - he was grt to good in everything he was in so far. So I pause on this conclusion for 2-4 years and more interesting work to come. If he will show the progress in his acting even more and will bring some interesting performances then he is not. If he will stick to the same ticks and manners - well then yeah, he is

by Anonymousreply 166May 23, 2020 12:02 AM

R165 Though many are in Hollywood Forever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167May 23, 2020 12:28 AM

God when he first came on the scene he was called the next big thing and some sort of acting genius/prodigy. Now a large majority of people view him as phony and calculating. I think he is talented but it’s amazing how his image and reputation has changed.

by Anonymousreply 168May 23, 2020 12:33 AM

R168, where are you reading that - here on the DL? You know it doesn't count, don't you?

by Anonymousreply 169May 23, 2020 12:39 AM

R168 I have no idea what the hell you were talking about

by Anonymousreply 170May 23, 2020 12:49 AM

r168 he became popular. and all the names you mentioned - locals call him that. People in the industry still think he is a good actor. Its the price of popularity - anything that is mass appealing becomes questionable even if the quality remains the same. Psychology shit

But for the popularity in the wrong crowed we can blame only him and his PR team) if he went Lucas Hedges or Alex Wolf route - locals would not know about him and the annoyance with his face everywhere would not exist

by Anonymousreply 171May 23, 2020 1:10 AM

R171 you named him going in the same path as two inferior actors who benefit greatly from nepotism and are FUG. Lol

Well he’s none of those things so he’s not going to ever be an Alex Wolf or Lucas Hedges, thank god.

Hating him because he didn’t stay small and niche bc he’s not only talented but dares to be beautiful and popular, is hilarious. You bitches stay pressed watching him gain in popularity and take over your lives.

by Anonymousreply 172May 23, 2020 9:28 AM

r143 When he was underage he wasn't anywhere near famous enough for anyone to care about a dick pic leak.

by Anonymousreply 173May 23, 2020 9:46 AM

I don´t watch many movies. I don´t follow celebrities. But I happened to watch CMBYN. And I left the cinema thinking that kid was a quality actor in the making. So I´ve been following him since then, out of curiosity about his career. ... But to my utter dismay, he´s turning out to be a dissapointment, he´s going backwards. If I don´t like his work in Dune, I think I´m done with him .

by Anonymousreply 174May 23, 2020 10:08 AM

R174 you’re insane, probably a Charmie. He’s making acclaimed films, as a lead actor in films with higher visibility. If you’re mad he’s getting too big for your weirdness than you should FO now. CMBYN really appealed to some freaks. Guess a grooming film would.

by Anonymousreply 175May 23, 2020 10:28 AM

Call me by your name had two good things going for it. Timothee and Sufjan Stevens. The plot sucked. It was boring. It was creepy. The stans are either kiddie fiddlers or freaky old ladies.

by Anonymousreply 176May 23, 2020 10:30 AM

r176 no the movie was good. If you cant appreciate an art-house movie (most of them are plotless) its on you, not on the art

by Anonymousreply 177May 23, 2020 12:30 PM

Tim these days seems to be obsessed with Zoe Kravitz. I don't blame him, she's beautiful but MARRIED

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178May 23, 2020 3:19 PM

From R172: "You bitches stay pressed watching him gain in popularity and take over your lives."

What on earth are you talking about? You sound like a 16-year-old mean girl, but this statement is crazy even by that standard. If someone chooses not to be a fan of your idol, it will be fairly simple just to ignore him and his movies. I doubt he's trying to "take over" anything. Avoiding people like you in the theater is enough of a reason to stay away. You are not doing Timothée any favors with your crazy talk. I think you must also be R134 who claims to know this man's sexual orientation, his location, the state of his grandmother's health, and the future. Seek help.

by Anonymousreply 179May 23, 2020 3:37 PM

R179 are you bitches? did I strike a nerve?

by Anonymousreply 180May 23, 2020 3:56 PM

R176, you are joking. That's the only thing you got from it? Were you not enamoured with the production design? That location was spectacular. The rest of the cast was also brilliant: no-one ever mentions Amira Casar (she splays Elio's mother); the lady who plays the help Mafalda had never been in a film before and yet did it perfectly. The soundtrack of the film in general, never mind Sufjan, chosen by Luca and his editor merits a mention. It's a gem of a film that will withstand the test of time. In 10/15 years' time people will see it as an essential part of the history of cinema.

by Anonymousreply 181May 23, 2020 4:22 PM

I forgot to that something — Moonlight and CMBYN have had a more positive effect than Brokeback Mountain

by Anonymousreply 182May 23, 2020 4:26 PM

R182 couldnt agree more Brokeback was a fucking downer

by Anonymousreply 183May 23, 2020 4:37 PM

R181 the person that wrote that bad take on CMBYN must be a teen that heard that it is woke to shit on the movie cos it is (to braindead fake-woke people) is "problematic" so this person has no understanding of what Art is, no they can think for themself and get their own opinion they just repeat the popular theme to pass for one that belongs to the group. I pity them

They are missing on so much of beauty just to be basic and included. Poor choice for the opportunity to develop some taste in the future

by Anonymousreply 184May 23, 2020 5:26 PM

R184 lemme guess, you’re a freaky old lady?

by Anonymousreply 185May 23, 2020 5:41 PM

R184 Annnd you lost me at "Art".

by Anonymousreply 186May 23, 2020 6:24 PM

R158 he's skinny and somewhat effeminate, two things I like. Is he talented? Fucked if I know, some folks who know more than I do reckon as much

by Anonymousreply 187May 23, 2020 6:24 PM

R186, buffoon

by Anonymousreply 188May 23, 2020 6:26 PM

*laughs even harder at R188 *

by Anonymousreply 189May 23, 2020 6:33 PM

Peach fucking definitely equals art.

by Anonymousreply 190May 23, 2020 7:08 PM

R190, no, cinematography in particular that of Sayombhu Mukdeeprom equals art,

by Anonymousreply 191May 23, 2020 7:12 PM

This cracks me up every time. He doesn't like women who are too aggressive or forward, which makes me believe he's straight with a small 's'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192May 23, 2020 7:19 PM

Love this book.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193May 23, 2020 7:22 PM

I guess publishers are salivating at the opportunity...

by Anonymousreply 194May 23, 2020 7:32 PM

R190 if for you it was the peach fucking - well..... you are lost to the culture. Someone see the peach being fucked, others see the exploration of sexual desires and being in contact with nature through its symbol - the peach, they see a metaphor of lost innocence, attempts to understand yourself, your inner basic self by coming to where it started. Its the symbol of apple that brought the knowledge which made this person lost its right to stay in Paradise - innocence. There are so many layers so much to see and understand and connect with and through this connection to understand yourself and your own desires

Yeah, just some peach fucking. Your inner world is soo poor you are not even a human you are a doll I pity youб you miss on so much

You people are like that guy in one Russian novel from soviet times - he came to the exhibition of greek art and saw a naked sculpture everybody was looking at. He started to yell - Shame on you you look at this naked sculpture of women it's disgusting she is naked how can you!!! So another person came up to him and said - we see not a shameful nakedness of this sculpture we see the beauty of art the genius of its creator the perfection of human nature he inclosed in it. To each their ownand by their level

by Anonymousreply 195May 23, 2020 7:36 PM

R192 I know I'm in a minority, but I really hate that act he pulls. And yeah, I absolutely do believe it's an act, given the shit he was doing with no shame before CMBYN and now all of a sudden he's constantly embarrassed and shy, even after doing this stuff for years?

by Anonymousreply 196May 23, 2020 8:07 PM

r196 i don't know what kind of a person he is neither do you. you want to believe he is this way i guess

But i stumbled upon a lot of legit people from his school days and earlier career and all of them say that he was a very sweet dude and been loved. Some dude from his Columbia days wrote here in some of the recent threads that he met him and he was nice and awkward -practically what we see in his public persona this day. So i have an opinion that he is indeed a nice guy ( but imho he is more goofy and cocky in real life with his friends - might be). And as for the earlier attitude - we change, we calm down with time. We mature and grow up. You don't stay the same as you were in your pre 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 197May 23, 2020 8:23 PM

R196 nah, he has a cute personality. acting nervous and shy happens to a lot of over thinkers. Doesn’t mean he’s always shy but people are complex. Unless you’re dumb. He strikes me as a thoughtful guy so peach fucking aside he probably sometimes gets nervous.

by Anonymousreply 198May 23, 2020 8:48 PM

R192 Can some get that editor some adderall and that obnoxious interviewer a new job away from people?

by Anonymousreply 199May 23, 2020 9:33 PM

R174 LOL

by Anonymousreply 200May 23, 2020 10:35 PM

R175 No, I just have my own criteria and know what I like and what I don´t like. Feel free to have your own and disagree with mine.

by Anonymousreply 201May 23, 2020 10:47 PM

R197 It's hilarious that you talk of lots of "legit" people from his past, then talk specifically about someone posting here who claimed to have known him. The person who claimed he was a bully as a kid, and claimed he started an STI outbreak also posted here - are they just as legit?

R198 Hmm, the guy who confused American Psycho for Psycho...now would that fall under 'over-thinking' or 'dumb'?

by Anonymousreply 202May 23, 2020 11:00 PM

R125: We can thank Brian Swardstrom for that. The man is a fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 203May 23, 2020 11:21 PM

Can't we just like someone, like their performances, find them attractive, whatever, without trying to build them into a paragon and get enraged at their critics "on their behalf"? Virtue signalers, put the flashlights down please.The object of your crush really doesn't care about you or what you think.

by Anonymousreply 204May 23, 2020 11:26 PM

R203 And yet Timothee keeps him as his agent. Almost like he doesn't have a problem with the job Brian's doing.

R204 That's the oddest part of these fandoms for me. The way they build their favs into perfection - they're just asking to be disappointed. It's so weird to see them just ignore entire aspects of the subject of their worship. Or put all the blame on someone else - see above.

by Anonymousreply 205May 24, 2020 12:17 AM

R192 That is indeed a funny interview, but you can't expect him to be flirty or take her question seriously. It's a red carpet interview. The man is working. Can you imagine if he flirted back or played along, and the reaction was negative? Not necessarily from the TV journalist, but from viewers? These days, you can't be too careful.

by Anonymousreply 206May 24, 2020 1:51 AM

R183 - Cheery vibes and quality narratives and performance are not mutually inclusive.

Brokeback Mountain was a downer. It also had a nearly flawless script, two fine core performances, beautiful cinematography and fine direction.

Guernica isn't an upper, either. Neither were a good many other fine films.

You want cheer: try some of those old Andy Hardy films - you'll love them.

by Anonymousreply 207May 24, 2020 12:37 PM

R207 I'm not questioning that it was a good film. I just didnt enjoy it personally. I prefer gay themed films to have happier endings (like Maurice, which is also a fine film)

by Anonymousreply 208May 24, 2020 1:02 PM

I just hope Timmy don’t bring to Dune those annoying quirky body movements he tends to bring to all his performances. That is NOT Paul Atredeis character. Paul is a very mature and quite grounded young man who eventually ends up on a very spiritually sound place. If Director Denis V. let’s Timmy get away with that quirky shit, I will be quite disappointed.

If Timmy’s character in CMBYN was a more mature acting teen, then I could buy into the romance. Unfortunately Timmy played him like a love struck immature 14 year old coming on to and successfully seducing a grown man and that is what made the film look pervy. Let’s face it. Gay men who like this film like it because of that pervy fantasy and yes, I say that as an out gay man.

by Anonymousreply 209May 24, 2020 1:25 PM

R209 you’re so obsessed you even studied his quirks? Lol. Bitch you in love/hate.

PS Paul Atreides is a psychopath.

by Anonymousreply 210May 24, 2020 2:28 PM

lil Timmy Tim posted a story and it was sexy af

by Anonymousreply 211May 24, 2020 2:29 PM

r210, no need to study you silly bitch. You can’t help but notice the quirks.

Yes, eventually Paul Atreides does eventually becomes a psychopath but not in the first Dune book that the upcoming film is adapting. I actually like the choice of Timmy playing the role, assuming he can be an ACTOR and not rely on his usual quirky shit.

by Anonymousreply 212May 24, 2020 2:35 PM

He would be put to better use as Joan Of Arc.

by Anonymousreply 213May 24, 2020 2:55 PM

R212 you can tell you’re deeply nuts by the length of your explanation. Honey, it’s not that deep. Don’t watch him if you don’t like him.

by Anonymousreply 214May 24, 2020 3:01 PM

r214, Dear, I’m not the one who gets off on borderline pedophilia.

by Anonymousreply 215May 24, 2020 3:04 PM

R209: He was totally miscast. No wonder people say he’s overused/overexposed.

by Anonymousreply 216May 24, 2020 3:04 PM

R214 you get off on pedophilia? WTF? Lol What a confession. Just watch other actors if he bugs you. There’s plenty out there. Even younger and more ripe like you like them.

by Anonymousreply 217May 24, 2020 4:02 PM

Timothee haters giving him more attention than his fans. The boy has made it. You know what they say.

by Anonymousreply 218May 24, 2020 4:06 PM

Why is he famous? I don’t understand it.

by Anonymousreply 219May 24, 2020 4:08 PM

R219 google is your friend

by Anonymousreply 220May 24, 2020 4:10 PM

Call Me By Your Name was some sick twisted shit. Between Timmy looking like a babe in the woods to Armie looking as old as his father and lecherous enough to come off as child grooming, the agenda was clear. I think they cast it that way intentionally knowing that the fans were all suspect.

by Anonymousreply 221May 24, 2020 4:25 PM

Thank you r221!

by Anonymousreply 222May 24, 2020 4:28 PM

People forget that CMBYN was a long awaited adaptation of a classic gay novel. We had long running threads on here about the novel for years before the movie happened.

The film follows the novel, so anyone complaining about a lack of 'plot' sounds like the least intelligent individual alive.

by Anonymousreply 223May 24, 2020 4:32 PM

Same with people screaming that Timmy's character was a child. I feel sorry for 17 year olds in 2020. Only allowed to fuck other 17 year olds because everyone else is too scared of being called a pedophile if they hook up with them.

by Anonymousreply 224May 24, 2020 4:36 PM

R224 a 40 year old who hooks up with a 17 year old is not a pedophile. They are just a pervy creep.

by Anonymousreply 225May 24, 2020 4:52 PM

Yeah? Where's the link, R211?

by Anonymousreply 226May 24, 2020 5:00 PM

R235, in the book Oliver is 24, not 40.

I dated a 24 year old for six months when I was 17. He was much better looking and more interesting than the spotty schoolboys my own age. Shame there are so many hysterical snowflakes in Timmy's fandom.

by Anonymousreply 227May 24, 2020 5:00 PM

R227 they don’t tell you their ages in the movie so Armie could be 40 cause he sure looks 40. A movie shouldn’t require you to read a book it should stand on its own.

by Anonymousreply 228May 24, 2020 7:24 PM

Geezus, the drama. The waif was and is legal, just fuck him some more already.

by Anonymousreply 229May 24, 2020 7:48 PM

[quote]you’re so obsessed you even studied his quirks?

There are memes about his 'quirks', it's not like R209 had to do that much research.

It's quite telling how the Timothee fans can never properly engage with any arguments, they just have to come up with fallacies like the above.

by Anonymousreply 230May 24, 2020 7:54 PM

[quote] There are memes about his 'quirks'

This is the DL, where's the link that proves it

by Anonymousreply 231May 24, 2020 8:55 PM

R230 you’re a stan too. You’ve actually studied him. That’s commitment.

by Anonymousreply 232May 24, 2020 9:13 PM

R203: The end result after all the hard work and effort put into the PR relationship: the movie flopped and they pulled the plug on the showmance. Gee what a coincidence.

by Anonymousreply 233May 24, 2020 9:30 PM

R231 Go watch the trailer for CMBYN 2

R232 I'm embarrassed for your teachers that you think anything in this thread counts as 'studying'.

by Anonymousreply 234May 24, 2020 9:31 PM

R233 Did you just respond to your own post?

by Anonymousreply 235May 24, 2020 9:34 PM

R233, The King wasn't a flop

by Anonymousreply 236May 24, 2020 9:44 PM

R234 when asked for the memes you came up with...

[quote] Go watch the trailer for CMBYN 2

CMBYN 2 doesn't exist yet.

In other words, the quirks you talked about are just in your imagination. Tim is a fine actor and you are here on this thread doing what exactly

by Anonymousreply 237May 24, 2020 9:46 PM

I guess this means that Benito Skinner's impression was a bit too close to home for them to post this in your Tumblr groups, eh R237?

As for what I'm doing here - I'm being a DLer. The real question is what the fuck are humourless fangirls doing on DL? You'd fare better in your little bubble.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238May 24, 2020 9:50 PM

R238 trust me I'm more of the DLer than you are,

And fangurling is typical of the DL,all those boring Colton Haynes, Matt Bomer, Zac Quinto Matt Damon threads along with the various porn stars, please

by Anonymousreply 239May 24, 2020 10:04 PM

You mean all those threads filled with posters who basically only come here to post on those threads? Yeah exactly.

by Anonymousreply 240May 24, 2020 10:10 PM

R209 Did you read the book? Elio is obsessed with Oliver. He thinks and acts like an obsessed teenager. Chalamet perfectly captured that in his acting.

by Anonymousreply 241May 25, 2020 12:02 AM

The term paedophile is thrown around without a thought to what it really means: people hot for sex with the under-12 set. Look at Prince Andrew, routinely called a paedophile for fucking a 17 year old girl who, by the way, was the legal age of sexual consent in New York at the time. Does it make him a paedophile? No, although he's routinely called that by the mob.

Does it make him a dirty old man with shit for brains and the moral of an ant? Yes.

But there is a difference.

by Anonymousreply 242June 4, 2020 12:36 PM

He's fine! He sends his love!

by Anonymousreply 243June 4, 2020 12:38 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244June 4, 2020 2:30 PM

[quote] Does it make him a dirty old man with shit for brains and the moral of an ant? Yes.

No. It makes him a disgusting rapist, because you have missed the crux of the matter — she never consented.

by Anonymousreply 245June 4, 2020 11:31 PM

Even protesting he looks intense and hot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246June 4, 2020 11:33 PM

Most of us fucked plenty of 24-30 year olds when we were horny teens. And if you didn't, you were probably fug.

by Anonymousreply 247June 5, 2020 2:56 AM

"A Rainy day in NY" released today in the UK. Good review in the Evening Standard newspaper; the journalist says he's 'wan and willowy', at least it's better than being called 'fey and winsome' like a certain The Guardian reviewer does.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248June 5, 2020 1:55 PM

[quote]Even protesting he looks intense and hot

Yes, nice the way the face mask hides his unfortunate lack of a chin.

by Anonymousreply 249June 5, 2020 1:59 PM

R248: Ah yes I remember this calculating and phony piece of shit denounced the film to improve his Oscar chances. Also, his acting was really flat.

by Anonymousreply 250June 5, 2020 2:28 PM

After I watched the film online, I thought who did he fuck to get this lead role?

by Anonymousreply 251June 5, 2020 2:32 PM

@R250

Woody, let it go....

by Anonymousreply 252June 5, 2020 2:49 PM

R249, really?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253June 7, 2020 7:45 PM

This week on "Jeopardy" a question was "Which actor pronounces his name using the French pronunciation Tim-O-Tay? " A contestant knew the answer.

by Anonymousreply 254June 7, 2020 9:00 PM

R248

I watched it a few months ago and I pretty much agree with everything in the review. The script is not great, Elle's character is very annoying, Selena's not really witty, Timothee's doesn't seem attracted to either of them, but his acting is fine for the rest, I liked him in the scenes with other characters.

Imo, singing Timmy is the best part of the movie though

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255June 10, 2020 2:05 AM

R249 what are you talking about? His facial bone structure is basically perfect

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256June 10, 2020 2:28 AM

R255: He was so flat in the movie. I thought who did he fuck to get this role?

by Anonymousreply 257June 10, 2020 2:43 AM

R256: No.

by Anonymousreply 258June 10, 2020 2:44 AM

R257 There was a petition with many many frau signatures.

by Anonymousreply 259June 10, 2020 3:07 AM

what is his height and weight?

he must barely eat anything to stay so thin.

by Anonymousreply 260June 10, 2020 12:42 PM

Not necessarily, r260. I'm just as skinny as him, and I eat normally.

by Anonymousreply 261June 10, 2020 1:06 PM

He has always been naturally thin and he looks healthy.

Stop trolling or at least say something funny.

by Anonymousreply 262June 10, 2020 1:33 PM

R257, who directed the movie? There's your answer

by Anonymousreply 263June 10, 2020 3:24 PM

R261, LOL!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264June 10, 2020 3:26 PM

Is this funny enough for you?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265June 10, 2020 3:29 PM

r263

He fucked Woody Allen? Not that would be a plot twist!

by Anonymousreply 266June 10, 2020 4:49 PM

(Not = Now)

by Anonymousreply 267June 10, 2020 4:50 PM

R266, Imagine Tim blurting out in an interview that he sides with the #MeToo movement because: "Woody did it to me too! He forced me to have sex with him in exchange for a part"

That would be the headline of the decade, not COVID-19, not police brutality.

by Anonymousreply 268June 10, 2020 4:52 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!