Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Queen Elizabeth may never return to her royal duties

At 94, it's too risky to let her Royal Highness return to public life. She will remain walled in the castle for the rest of her life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600June 17, 2020 9:46 PM

[quote] She will remain walled in the castle for the rest of her life.

Hopefully behind some bricked up doorways.

by Anonymousreply 1May 11, 2020 2:53 AM

WTF r1? What did she ever do to you?

You sound like you're a serial killer.

by Anonymousreply 2May 11, 2020 2:58 AM

and keep the black princess away from me. Lord knows what she's carrying.

by Anonymousreply 3May 11, 2020 3:02 AM

I'm also staying home until there's a vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 4May 11, 2020 3:11 AM

If there's one reliable news source, it's the US Sun! Thanks, OP!

by Anonymousreply 5May 11, 2020 3:13 AM

This is pretty much what awaits Big Liz:

(With the world economy crashing, her lifelong grafting off public funds will be called into account.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 11, 2020 3:19 AM

But she still make royal doodies in her panties.

by Anonymousreply 7May 11, 2020 3:22 AM

“her Royal Highness”

Oh, dear

by Anonymousreply 8May 11, 2020 3:24 AM

Welfare Queen.

by Anonymousreply 9May 11, 2020 3:44 AM

She's 94 for fuck's sake. On the one hand, it hardly seems like some big tragedy if she retires from all but video appearances. And on the other hand, something's gotta take her out sometime, so if she wants keep appearing in the flesh, why not let her take her chances?

by Anonymousreply 10May 11, 2020 3:50 AM

Liz will spend the rest of her days making prank phone calls to Harry & Meg, asking if they have Prince Albert in a can.

by Anonymousreply 11May 11, 2020 3:52 AM

That’s the last time I ever allow a Yankee inside these walls!

by Anonymousreply 12May 11, 2020 3:55 AM

If this is true, Harry and Meg might genuinely never see the Queen ever again in person. If they come to the UK and want to see her they would likely have to quarantine for 2 -4 weeks at least before they would be allowed to visit her. I can't see Meghan being willing to do that, especially because she seems not to want to bring Archie back to the UK at all, much less for weeks at a time during which they'd be cooped up in a house on quarantine. Maybe Harry would be willing to do that on his own, but that's a far longer visit than he seems up for.

by Anonymousreply 13May 11, 2020 4:00 AM

The Queen is not Her Royal Highness, she's Her Majesty. She continues to perform ALL her royal duties while quarantined, and she'll return to Buckingham Palace when London re-opens and there's a reliable test for antibodies.

by Anonymousreply 14May 11, 2020 4:21 AM

Good all that is missing is a guilhotine.

by Anonymousreply 15May 11, 2020 4:25 AM

How will the state opening of Parliament be handled if she's still in quarantine?

by Anonymousreply 16May 11, 2020 4:33 AM

Charles will attend in her stead, I imagine.

by Anonymousreply 17May 11, 2020 4:38 AM

R1 Only one who needs to be put behind a brick wall is Rachel.

by Anonymousreply 18May 11, 2020 4:45 AM

She wouldn't think to let this virus keep her from returning to her full duties when it's safe to do so. She accepted the job for life. End of.

by Anonymousreply 19May 11, 2020 7:20 AM

God save the Queen....that would be John Lydon and the original Sex Pistols lineup. Sid wasn’t part of that. That junkie couldn’t even play the bass.

by Anonymousreply 20May 11, 2020 7:26 AM

There's no such thing as a Queen, God doesn't recognize her as such a thing. Ole Elizabeth is nothing more then a socialite. She no different then Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian, they are all over privileged girls who grew up to be socialites, nothing more.

by Anonymousreply 21May 11, 2020 8:23 AM

Surely there is some plague protection wear from the royal collection that she could wear. They could also put her in one of those medical sealed bubbles so that she could travel around for her subjects to see her and have hope.

by Anonymousreply 22May 11, 2020 8:23 AM

A socialite is not going to give anyone hope which is what Elizabeth is. Now if she gives the people some money that might help, but her being seen is not enough. She's just a socialite pretending to be a Queen.

She's really just a celebrity just like Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian. She is a socialite, nothing more. Just a socialite.

by Anonymousreply 23May 11, 2020 8:28 AM

R21/R23 is on crack.

by Anonymousreply 24May 11, 2020 8:35 AM

[quote]There's a US Sun?

Who new?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25May 11, 2020 8:40 AM

R24 But she is a damn socialite. That's all she is, is a socialite. Just a wannabe Movie Star Socialite thing.

by Anonymousreply 26May 11, 2020 8:52 AM

R25 Why yes. There is a Us Sun. Rupert Murdoch owns the sun. What a coincidence.

by Anonymousreply 27May 11, 2020 9:13 AM

She could always go and live out the pandemic in a couple of her colonies (Australia and/or New Zealand) that are on the brink of eliminating the virus.

by Anonymousreply 28May 11, 2020 9:14 AM

Let that parasite rot behind those walls.

by Anonymousreply 29May 11, 2020 9:34 AM

Americans get all upset. King George and all that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30May 11, 2020 9:43 AM

Well my 85 year old mom is doing the same thing. She's a shut-in until there is some vaccine. I feel very sorry for her and I wonder if I were in her shoes what I'd do. Part of me says fuck it, if that's all there is left, staring at the same walls every day, I'd just rather take my chances. That's a personal decision, obvs.

by Anonymousreply 31May 11, 2020 10:44 AM

Was your mom very active before?

by Anonymousreply 32May 11, 2020 10:49 AM

r23 is sounding unhinged. We love our Queen thank you very much. More dignity, gumption and class than YOUR head of state Donny Trump can ever exhibit so fuck off will you?

by Anonymousreply 33May 11, 2020 10:51 AM

Yes R32. She still drives, had an active social life and was involved in her church, etc. All her friends are shut-ins now. She hasn't seen anyone in person but me and my sister for more than two months.

by Anonymousreply 34May 11, 2020 10:54 AM

My mom is 90 and still goes to the store every day. I asked her if she wears gloves and a mask and she said "Oh be serious".

by Anonymousreply 35May 11, 2020 10:59 AM

It must be hard on her. I was kind of hoping she's the type of elderly person who doesn't go far from home. By that age (long before Corona) my parents were happy campers with medical appointments, grocery shopping and TV.

by Anonymousreply 36May 11, 2020 11:00 AM

It is hard on her R36. You sound like a nice person.

by Anonymousreply 37May 11, 2020 11:03 AM

Unsurprisingly the queen has been stepping back anyway, with Charles substituting at investitures, the State opening of Parliament etc - this would just be slightly increasing the process.

by Anonymousreply 38May 11, 2020 11:08 AM

The "Queen Elizabeth is nothing more than a socialite" troll could never correctly answer a question as simple as "Who is Britain's Head of State?"

by Anonymousreply 39May 11, 2020 11:18 AM

R13, if they cared about seeing Harry’s gran in person, they would have gone to see her more when they were in England. I’m pretty sure they consider her just a stuffy old nag and she’s taking too long to die. They need that inheritance money like, yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 40May 11, 2020 11:49 AM

I'm sure that Meghan will not be crying into her organic muesli over never seeing the Queen again, r40, and does indeed regard her as a "Stuffy old nag who needs to die so we can inherit."

But Harry was genuinely close to her. She stepped in after Diana's death and partially raised both of the brothers, and through their teens had them come to spend summers with her at Balmoral. William and Harry have probably spent more time with her than her own children did. One of her biographers said that she's closer to them than she even was to her own children, owing to the tragic circumstances and to the fact that by the nineties, much of the traditional stuffiness which had caused distance between parents and children had been relatively abandoned by the Windsors.

If Harry never sees her again, I can't imagine he'd be fine with that. She's been an important rock in his life.

by Anonymousreply 41May 11, 2020 12:08 PM

Omg, time for Queen Camilla?

by Anonymousreply 42May 11, 2020 12:15 PM

R2 She gave off very negative vibes during the opening ceremony of the Olympic games 2012.

by Anonymousreply 43May 11, 2020 12:17 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44May 11, 2020 12:29 PM

Jeepers R43 she tags along with James Bond, jumps out of a helicopter... what MORE do you want from her?

by Anonymousreply 45May 11, 2020 12:31 PM

R3 is truly full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 46May 11, 2020 12:32 PM

For the idiot Americans who think the Queen is just a socialite and no different from the Kardashians: she's the head of state and the embodiment of the state.

by Anonymousreply 47May 11, 2020 12:35 PM

There are homeless people all over London (and Paris, and Rome) now because of the migrant crisis, r44. When I was growing up there were no homeless people anywhere in London.

It was kind of Britain to let them in at all: where they come from they'd have been killed. The huge numbers of people who never paid into the system arriving and taking out of the system are breaking the NHS, and the housing and benefits system, but go ahead, criticise away. And make sure you make the Queen responsible for it all.

by Anonymousreply 48May 11, 2020 12:36 PM

R44, that happens in every major world city. Rich and poor, cheek by jowl.

by Anonymousreply 49May 11, 2020 12:38 PM

That isn't a castle idiot at r44 and while it's sad that those people are homeless, the reason for that isn't the Queen or even poverty but those people's own decision to enter the UK, usually illegally.

by Anonymousreply 50May 11, 2020 12:38 PM

If Harry never sees the Queen again r41 then that's entirely his own fault.

by Anonymousreply 51May 11, 2020 12:40 PM

R50, who gives a shit if it’s a palace or a castle (yes I know the difference but in this case, it’s meaningless); also, you don’t know if these people are here legally or illegally. Finally, no compassion for the elderly women sleeping in the street? Got it. I know exactly the kind of person you are.

by Anonymousreply 52May 11, 2020 12:50 PM

R48 yes, blame the Queen. The bitch hoarding 100 billion in wealth while human beings sleep like dogs in the street. It's cruel antihuman elitism, simple.

by Anonymousreply 53May 11, 2020 12:50 PM

Queen Elizabeth will return to -very visible- public duty at Buckingham Palace the moment her doctors give her the green light.

She considers it her duty, and she’s a tough broad. Those Windsor women are strong as an ox.

by Anonymousreply 54May 11, 2020 12:55 PM

R50, you deliberately said castle to make it sound more like it's cut off from society and is a fortress to keep the people out.

The article you link to says they're migrants. From the photos, I'd say they're Roma (i.e. gypsies) and hence are generally messy anyway.

No moron at r53, the Queen isn't to blame for other people's situations.

by Anonymousreply 55May 11, 2020 1:03 PM

R48 a fraction of the money the parasite queen has taken from the treasury to enhance her personal wealth would end the homeless and revitalize the National Health, but the cunt clearly does not give a fuck.

by Anonymousreply 56May 11, 2020 1:05 PM

She has 4-5 drinks a day and otherwise cleans out her shed. What fucking duties?

by Anonymousreply 57May 11, 2020 1:06 PM

[quote]it's sad that those people are homeless, the reason for that isn't the Queen or even poverty but those people's own decision to enter the UK, usually illegally

^^^ Found the rightwing piece of shit

by Anonymousreply 58May 11, 2020 1:09 PM

She can still get it inside the castle 🏰 from Philip’s semen!

by Anonymousreply 59May 11, 2020 1:12 PM

Oh please go bitch about income disparity in your own country. We have our issues but the Queen isnt one of them. She is a Monarch and Constitutional Head and has kept her shit together longer than we have been alive. Still better than the plutocracy the US has now become. Our Queen is a national treasure so cunt off right back to wherever you came from. Who do you blame for the homelessness in Seattle, San Francisco and Chicago? Dont remember these regions having a constitutional monarch?

by Anonymousreply 60May 11, 2020 1:18 PM

R45 She could have smiled and waved to the audience when making her entrance. Instead, she looked utterly PISSED.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61May 11, 2020 1:45 PM

R60 I did not blame the bitter cunt parasite for homelessness, I merely pointed out that the welfare queen can return some of her treasure to help and the uncaring cunt will not do that. Most every country is better than the US.

This does not mean that the parasite of England should still be given money for waving and being a drunk.

by Anonymousreply 62May 11, 2020 1:54 PM

Wow, what a lazy old bag!

by Anonymousreply 63May 11, 2020 2:25 PM

"Liz will spend the rest of her days making prank phone calls to Harry & Meg"

"Do you have Prince Albert in a can? Well you better let him out- he can't breathe!"

by Anonymousreply 64May 11, 2020 2:54 PM

Queen? I didn't vote for her.

And as for any historical claim or lineage from an earlier monarch, listen, strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at your ancestor. If I went around sayin' I was an emperor just because some moistened bink had lobbed a scimitar at me they'd put me away!

Now we see the violence inherent in the system.

by Anonymousreply 65May 11, 2020 2:56 PM

She could spend her time making some tarts, all on a summer's day.

by Anonymousreply 66May 11, 2020 2:59 PM

This woman is a damn power socialite, I don't care what anyone says. She is a socialite and I bet she'd be willing to hangout with Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian if they reached out to her.

She is still a socialite and nothing more. British have lost their minds. This woman is not a prime minister or president, she needs to be removed immediately for playing games in the fucking government and stealing money from the poor. And she eats babies too. This woman is dangerous and she is still a socialite, so why is she the head of state for the UK? I don't like this shit at all. She must be removed at once.

by Anonymousreply 67May 11, 2020 3:37 PM

R48, not sure where in London you have been but there have always been a lot of homeless people there. Did you never see the down and outs along the South Bank? My Dad was a Londoner and would have talked of the homeless people he would have seen back in the day too.

by Anonymousreply 68May 11, 2020 3:47 PM

Time for her to retire anyway. The pope did it, so you can retire now too, Liz. Let Charles have a few good years as king while he's still fit and healthy.

by Anonymousreply 69May 11, 2020 3:57 PM

Don't let Charles have a thing. End the Monarchy return the money and go be a cunt that has to get a job or end up homeless herself.

by Anonymousreply 70May 11, 2020 4:03 PM

R39, they don't even know the definition of "socialite."

Jeezus. You could at least learn what a word means before you attempt to throw it around as an insult.

by Anonymousreply 71May 11, 2020 4:03 PM

R59 I have also heard that they are still “quite active”!

by Anonymousreply 72May 11, 2020 4:07 PM

I doubt anyone has fucked the queen in decades.

by Anonymousreply 73May 11, 2020 4:10 PM

There are other means of semenal delivery 🚚

by Anonymousreply 74May 11, 2020 4:21 PM

No r58, I'm not a right-wing piece of shit and stop projecting American neuroses on other parts of the world.

by Anonymousreply 75May 11, 2020 4:22 PM

R68, I've chatted with homeless people in London and the reason they were homeless had nothing to do with poverty.

by Anonymousreply 76May 11, 2020 4:23 PM

R67, the Queen is the head of state. I suspect your little pea brain can't grasp that concept, though.

R65, in many countries the head of state is not directly elected and if we had a referendum in the UK as to whether to keep or abolish the monarchy, keeping the monarchy would win in a landslide.

by Anonymousreply 77May 11, 2020 4:27 PM

If the queen retires now, it just shows the burden Harry and Markle have placed on the other members of the royal family.

by Anonymousreply 78May 11, 2020 6:01 PM

Elizabeth is a socialite, enough said.

by Anonymousreply 79May 11, 2020 7:19 PM

[quote] She wouldn't think to let this virus keep her from returning to her full duties when it's safe to do so. She accepted the job for life.

Which is rapidly coming to a close!

by Anonymousreply 80May 11, 2020 7:21 PM

Yeah, Markle is worse than Koo Stark and Wallis combined. Bet the Queen Mother is rolling in her grave

by Anonymousreply 81May 11, 2020 7:45 PM

Queen Elizabeth should pull a Kim Jong Un, and see what everyone does.

by Anonymousreply 82May 11, 2020 7:47 PM

Bye, bitch!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83May 11, 2020 7:52 PM

Oh, yeah, R79? How so?

by Anonymousreply 84May 11, 2020 7:59 PM

Eat. My. Asshole!

Love,

Meghan!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85May 11, 2020 8:02 PM

The socialite troll must be confusing Elizabeth and Margaret.

by Anonymousreply 86May 11, 2020 8:03 PM

The socialite troll thinks it's found a clever angle but is actually a complete idiot.

by Anonymousreply 87May 11, 2020 8:08 PM

It's funny seeing DLers bending over backwards trying to justify this acronystic leach.

by Anonymousreply 88May 11, 2020 8:13 PM

If I had all her jewels, I wouldn't go out, either. I would just stay home and wear them all.

by Anonymousreply 89May 11, 2020 8:20 PM

Acronystic. R88 exists in a SNAFU world.

by Anonymousreply 90May 11, 2020 8:21 PM

r90 is posting from 1750.

by Anonymousreply 91May 11, 2020 8:25 PM

That doesn't even make sense.

by Anonymousreply 92May 11, 2020 8:30 PM

[quote]It's funny seeing DLers bending over backwards trying to justify this acronystic leach.

Better known to most of us as Cary Grant, of course.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93May 11, 2020 8:38 PM

Her Maj should throw open the doors of Buckingham Palace to the homeless and immigrants and give all her money away to the poor and unemployed.

by Anonymousreply 94May 11, 2020 8:53 PM

And how much of your income do you give away to the poor R94?

Lemme guess, you're on disability.

by Anonymousreply 95May 11, 2020 9:06 PM

R86 No, I'm talking about socialite Elizabeth. Not her crazy dead sister Margaret. They were both socialites, but Elizabeth likes to pretend to be a fucking "Queen" when we all know she's not and that she's just playing one and faking it.

Miss Elizabeth is a socialite and not the Q word thing.

by Anonymousreply 96May 11, 2020 9:13 PM

Lol r96, you are beyond stupid.

by Anonymousreply 97May 11, 2020 9:16 PM

The illiterate trolls are kind of fun.

by Anonymousreply 98May 11, 2020 9:19 PM

It doesn't seem unreasonable, though if she needs to stay away from the public, so does Charles as he's high risk too, which leaves Kate & Wills. Since we'll be dealing with this for awhile, it will be interesting to see how the royals keep up some sort of public profile when their whole shtick involves crowds, parades, shaking hands, etc. - shit they won't be doing anytime soon. Plus, the UK is bound to experience an economic downturn, making the commoner even more grumpier about paying for royals. It's a good thing that Harkles got out when they did or they'd really piss everyone off and make life harder for the rest of the BRF

by Anonymousreply 99May 11, 2020 9:40 PM

{quote] It's funny seeing DLers bending over backwards trying to justify this acronystic leach.

Did you mean "anachronistic leech"? LOL

by Anonymousreply 100May 11, 2020 9:44 PM

Sounds like somebody just learned how to spell the word 'socialite.'

Too bad they didn't learn the definition, too.

by Anonymousreply 101May 11, 2020 9:45 PM

This is a Meghan troll thread. Just ignore them and, hopefully, they'll go away.

by Anonymousreply 102May 11, 2020 9:53 PM

Harry & Meghan should hold a huge press conference and declare themselves “The King & Queen of England in the United States”

by Anonymousreply 103May 11, 2020 10:21 PM

Harry can be the dauphin, r103.

by Anonymousreply 104May 11, 2020 10:31 PM

They’d have to fight Whorevanka and her gay husband for that title.

Queen Elizabeth is the head of state. Not a socialite. She hated Jackie O, so don’t know how much she gets along with that type of vapid airhead.

You know, like you, The Queen is a Socialite Troll.

by Anonymousreply 105May 11, 2020 10:32 PM

R65 Please give Monty Python their due when quoting them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106May 11, 2020 11:00 PM

YES, ELIZABETH IS A SOCIALITE!!!!!!

AND SHE EATS BABIES TOO. SHE IS NOT A SILLY "QUEEN."

A SOCIALITE TODAY, A SOCIALITE TOMORROW, A SOCIALITE FOREVER!!!!

IM NOT FOOLED BY HER AND NEITHER IS ANYONE OTHER SANE PERSON.

by Anonymousreply 107May 12, 2020 12:10 AM

She's a Killer Queen.

by Anonymousreply 108May 12, 2020 12:18 AM

Do you think Prince Charles is planning to freeze her head. It's all the rage among the idle rich these days, due to the New Plague.

by Anonymousreply 109May 12, 2020 12:23 AM

Charles already had the corona and recovered, R99! Do try to keep up.

by Anonymousreply 110May 12, 2020 12:24 AM

R109, how much do you think that will cost?

by Anonymousreply 111May 12, 2020 12:24 AM

R110, obviously he know the BRF at all! What a poser!

by Anonymousreply 112May 12, 2020 12:25 AM

I hope she's okay. yeah, she's just one of those people. Never met her, never will, but she's just one of those people in the world I hope is okay.

by Anonymousreply 113May 12, 2020 1:08 AM

Mary!

by Anonymousreply 114May 12, 2020 1:10 AM

If HM withdraws into confinement, it sets up an odd form of Regency where Charles would be taking up the yoke of the sovereign without any of the authority.

But it makes the final step to full Regency less cumbersome. Or the reign of CIII.

Ultimately HM can do as she pleases. These are her prerogatives.

by Anonymousreply 115May 12, 2020 1:24 AM

So does this mean she’s letting Charlie finally have the throne?

by Anonymousreply 116May 12, 2020 1:28 AM

yeah, honestly, England has been down that road before r115. I don't think it would be all that disruptive. If Charles met with some Prime Ministers instead of Elizabeth I don't think the UK would fall apart.

by Anonymousreply 117May 12, 2020 1:28 AM

r116, no.

by Anonymousreply 118May 12, 2020 1:29 AM

That Little Momma will cut herself a bitch with that blade she keeps in her royal handbag.

by Anonymousreply 119May 12, 2020 2:10 AM

King Charles very soon.

by Anonymousreply 120May 12, 2020 2:31 AM

maybe r120. I think the world will pause and be very sad when Queen Elizabeth is dead. And then, like oh about a thousand years, everyone will get on with their day. But I'll miss her. She's the only world leader who was around when I was born. It will be weird. No Queen Elizabeth. Weird.

by Anonymousreply 121May 12, 2020 2:34 AM

what exactly are her duties again?

by Anonymousreply 122May 12, 2020 2:38 AM

being queen of england, dear.

by Anonymousreply 123May 12, 2020 2:39 AM

Question for the room from America: Has the UK accepted Charles as their next Sovereign?

by Anonymousreply 124May 12, 2020 2:45 AM

Because Barron Trump will be graduating from college soon.

by Anonymousreply 125May 12, 2020 2:46 AM

don't think they have a choice r124. he is or he ain't. it ain't an election.

by Anonymousreply 126May 12, 2020 2:50 AM

I think it is good that the Queen is finally getting to retire with her husband, I want her final years to be ones of privacy and peace, something she's never had in her entire life.

by Anonymousreply 127May 12, 2020 3:08 AM

A cucumber sandwich and a spot of tea would hit the spot whilst One anonymously rings Meghan to ask her if she has Prince Albert in a can.

by Anonymousreply 128May 12, 2020 3:11 AM

R121 she was on the throne when my PARENTS were born. She's like a human Mt. Rushmore. Always there.

by Anonymousreply 129May 12, 2020 3:22 AM

I know, r129. It's weird and kind of wonderful at the same time. She has been there forever. There was a friggin British Empire when she was born. She was almost Empress of India. It's a whole thing, and I love it.

by Anonymousreply 130May 12, 2020 3:25 AM

Her mother lived to be 101 so I wouldn't count on Elizabeth dying for at least a few more years yet.

by Anonymousreply 131May 12, 2020 3:26 AM

That woman is a damn SOCIALITE, she's not fooling anyone.

Fuckin faker.

by Anonymousreply 132May 12, 2020 3:29 AM

excuse you r132. the socialites flock to her. she does not need to socialize with anyone.

by Anonymousreply 133May 12, 2020 3:32 AM

Exactly. The "Queen is just a socialite!!" Megstan doesn't even realise that when you're the top of the pile you don't need to socialise.

by Anonymousreply 134May 12, 2020 3:37 AM

ruh roh the meg people!

by Anonymousreply 135May 12, 2020 3:41 AM

Socialite socialite socialite socialite socialite socialite socialite socialite socialite socialite socialite socialite socialite socialite socialite socialite socialite socialite socialite socialite socialite socialite socialite socialite socialite socialite socialite socialite socialite socialite

Is what Elizabeth is. And we all know it.

by Anonymousreply 136May 12, 2020 3:44 AM

wow r136, just wow. please calm down.

by Anonymousreply 137May 12, 2020 3:49 AM

They should just embalm her already, then prop her up like Eva Peron. She looks pretty dead anyway.

by Anonymousreply 138May 12, 2020 3:51 AM

She looks amazing, r138. And her recent speeches have been among her very best.

by Anonymousreply 139May 12, 2020 3:53 AM

why r138, what exactly pisses you off? what is it? what do you dislike? what is your deal?

by Anonymousreply 140May 12, 2020 3:53 AM

"It's funny seeing DLers bending over backwards trying to justify this acronystic leach."

Oh, dear, R88. You know what's funny? You probably mean "anachronistic," since "acronystic" isn't a word.

by Anonymousreply 141May 12, 2020 4:02 AM

I did not jump out of the helicopter, actually.

by Anonymousreply 142May 12, 2020 4:03 AM

More breaking news:

socialite (noun): a socially prominent person. queen (noun): a female monarch.

by Anonymousreply 143May 12, 2020 4:05 AM

Actually, R138, she doesn't look "pretty dead." She looks pretty good, especially for 94.

by Anonymousreply 144May 12, 2020 4:07 AM

R140 how about you jump up my ass and fight for air. You are a psycho.

by Anonymousreply 145May 12, 2020 4:25 AM

Are the royal courtiers posting on here. What the fuck. The Queen is 94 and still cleaning up and covering for her 60 year old sons crap. Their is nothing noble or amazing about that. The monarchy is tanking. Number one reason Andrew. No matter how many articles or threads are pointed elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 146May 12, 2020 4:39 AM

From Merriam-Webster Dictionary:

Elizabeth: biographical name

Eliz·​a·​beth | i-ˈli-zə-bəth Definition of Elizabeth name of 2 English (British) queens: I 1533–1603 daughter of Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn (reigned 1558–1603); II 1926–     Elizabeth Alexandra Mary; daughter of George VI (reigned 1952–    )

by Anonymousreply 147May 12, 2020 4:41 AM

Actually, R146, you're wrong. It isn't tanking. This is a poll in February published in yougov.uk.

Do you think that Britain should continue to have a monarchy, or not?

It should: 62% It should not: 22% Don't know: 16%

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148May 12, 2020 4:46 AM

The queen may self-isolate, but she isn't giving up the throne. She's of the generation that lived through the abdication of King Edward VIII, later Prince Edward, Duke of Windsor. The BRF almost lost everything, Elizabeth will not abdicate or give up her role even if she gives up some duties. And if there is a vaccine, Lilibet will be back out among the public even if on a limited basis.

And next year, Liz is removing the Harkles "HRH" styles. Not only saying they can't use the styles, but stripping HRH away from them so they don't have them any longer..

by Anonymousreply 149May 12, 2020 4:49 AM

[quote] She will remain walled in the castle for the rest of her life.

The real question is will George remain in the closet?

by Anonymousreply 150May 12, 2020 5:25 AM

No, in fact, she will NOT remain walled in the castle for the rest of her life. God, what fucking morons are on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 151May 12, 2020 5:45 AM

Does anyone know of any socialites that sign bills, have laws written and happen to be in charge of over 60 countries and about one billion people?

Didn't think so. The Klan Granny Troll has learned a new word (or rather phrase) and entered yet another phase. First it accuses random people they don't even know of being racist, now its spouting malapropisms and word salad.

by Anonymousreply 152May 12, 2020 6:31 AM

[quote]I'll never forget reading about the homeless people who sleep just feet away from the Queen in her castle. Utter trash

That's very disrespectful of them to do that near the Queen's residence. There are plenty of spaces that are more appropriate.

by Anonymousreply 153May 12, 2020 7:24 AM

what a drama queen

by Anonymousreply 154May 12, 2020 7:27 AM

This welfare queen and the rest of her benefits scrounging family should all be sent to hell.

by Anonymousreply 155May 12, 2020 7:33 AM

[quote]This welfare queen and the rest of her benefits scrounging family should all be sent to hell.

Go get ordained by God himself to rule a country as she did and then maybe your rant could carry some weight.

by Anonymousreply 156May 12, 2020 7:38 AM

How many Welfare Queens pay their own taxes even when they aren't legally required to?

by Anonymousreply 157May 12, 2020 7:41 AM

R157 She sucks up the tax money and returns a pittance. Are you seriously defending this parasite?

by Anonymousreply 158May 12, 2020 8:07 AM

It's interesting: in threads earlier this year, posters criticized QEII for not stripping their HRH when they first departed, but since that time, they've become so unsympathetic and generally loathed she could do it now & not look like the bad guy. I guess there is a benefit in playing the long game...

by Anonymousreply 159May 12, 2020 8:26 AM

It always makes me laugh how people who have such negative feelings towards QEII also have the least basic grasp of what she is or does. These people who hate her so much have never been to the UK and have no clue about how our country works.

by Anonymousreply 160May 12, 2020 8:46 AM

Bullshit R60.

I think it is precisely because we know how the country works that we see what a leech she is.

by Anonymousreply 161May 12, 2020 8:47 AM

R158 there is half a Czech troll farm pushing pro monarchy anti Sussex crap on another site. That info came from one of the sites employees.

by Anonymousreply 162May 12, 2020 8:48 AM

"She sucks up the tax money and returns a pittance"

- Who, ME?

by Anonymousreply 163May 12, 2020 9:00 AM

R158 I hate her but she is great for tourism. She’s like a mascot for Britain.

by Anonymousreply 164May 12, 2020 9:22 AM

She can still sit inside her limo and do the Queen Wave.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165May 12, 2020 11:29 AM

The Queen could dissolve all the monasteries and live off the proceeds.

by Anonymousreply 166May 12, 2020 11:35 AM

What monasteries? The last destructive Harry took care of those quite nicely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167May 12, 2020 11:50 AM

Does anyone know if the Kardashians have to bow 🙇‍♀️ to Meghan & Harry?

by Anonymousreply 168May 12, 2020 11:54 AM

She’s taken up fisting and has invited HRH Erna to tea!

by Anonymousreply 169May 12, 2020 11:55 AM

Today I scrolled down the entire Daily Mail website and was so happy there finally was no article about either Harry nor Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 170May 12, 2020 12:17 PM

No, r168. Meghan has to bow to HER queen Kim.

And then beg her for pointers.

by Anonymousreply 171May 12, 2020 12:17 PM

People who attack the Queen because, so they allege, the monarchy sucks up taxpayer money but at the same time support the parasites Harry and Markle and insist on calling them by the royal name the Queen gave them and think we should be in awe of Markle because she is a Duchess (thanks to the Queen) are really quite dumb.

by Anonymousreply 172May 12, 2020 12:18 PM

R170, that's actually bad news for Harry and Markle because they need all the media coverage they can get to stay relevant.

by Anonymousreply 173May 12, 2020 12:19 PM

It's true, isn't it, r172.

If the Harkles want to get straight with the Psychopathic Megstans, then the P. Megstans MUST campaign for the Harkles to drop their titles.

Otherwise all the P. Megstan's wishes (on this board, not least) for the Queen to die would seem nonsensical.

Wouldn't they.

by Anonymousreply 174May 12, 2020 12:23 PM

Stop lying R122 I do not support Meghan or her idiot husband, the ENTIRE royal family are useless parasites. But this thread is about the Queen of useless cunts.

by Anonymousreply 175May 12, 2020 1:09 PM

R162 why would a Czech troll farm have any anti-monarchy interests in Britain?

by Anonymousreply 176May 12, 2020 1:12 PM

Oh stop picking on the Queen.

by Anonymousreply 177May 12, 2020 1:36 PM

I used to think the British monarchy was an anachronistic pile of shit, until I lived in the UK for a year. There are clear advantages to having the roles of head of government and head of state being held by two different people and having them pass to a successor under two different systems.

The advantages are not so clear when you are immersed your entire life in that system. And it is not something I ever could have understood until I left my own home in the US and experienced a new way of handling things. America suffers greatly under a man like Donald Trump or George W. Bush because these two very different roles are invested in one office holder.

I lived in the UK in 1988 and 1989. And not for a moment since that time have I thought the office of the President was a good idea. Think twice, Brits, before you overthrow that Saxe-Coburg-Gotha crowd and hand it all, everything, over to the likes of BoJo.

by Anonymousreply 178May 12, 2020 1:46 PM

You do realize, R178, that the role of the Queen is strictly ceremonial and that she is a figurehead with no political power, right? And that the PM is like the president in that they are elected officials who come and go, hence the point of a democracy?

by Anonymousreply 179May 12, 2020 2:13 PM

R178 She is still a parasite they can elect a head of state.

by Anonymousreply 180May 12, 2020 2:28 PM

I understand all that better than you do, R179. Of course the Queen has no official political power, if the political power has been vested in the Parliament. That is patently obvious. A big "duh."

But if you think the Queen has no political power, you are quite naive. You are also incorrect when you say the role of the Queen, an by extension the monarchy, is strictly ceremonial. It isn't. After the Clapham Junction train crashes, Margaret Thatcher tried to usurp the traditional role of the royal family by visiting the injured in hospital. She got a fire storm of push back from all corners. Speaking in times of crisis is not "strictly ceremonial," nor is offering comfort. They are real functions the monarchy performs. The patron roles taken by various members of the royal family with British charities and cultural institutions are also not "strictly ceremonial." They offer continuity and enrichment to the culture.

I invite you to the US, R179, to spend some time living with Donald Trump. Come see what its like to have that fat bastard presume to show up as a head of state and represent all that is good about the U.S.

Elizabeth & Co. probably need to be scaled down a bit. They live large quite large, when compared to other European monarchs. But I suspect that if Charles tries it to do it, the people of the UK will feel the diminishment in ways that will surprise.

by Anonymousreply 181May 12, 2020 2:35 PM

R180 has serious self-hatred issues.

by Anonymousreply 182May 12, 2020 2:50 PM

She should name herself head of the Church.

by Anonymousreply 183May 12, 2020 3:16 PM

r175 is trying hard to come off as a disinterested neutral party but it's kind of obvious that they are fans of Meghan and Harry. Nothing else explains the unhinged name calling. I've heard staunch, die hard republicans make better arguments than "socialite" "leach"!! You know I do hope the BRF steps down, then that way Charles will stop funding his do-nothing, freeloading sons and BOTH their wives. Let's see how long they last in Tyler Perry's bosom after THAT

by Anonymousreply 184May 12, 2020 3:19 PM

God save the Queen

by Anonymousreply 185May 12, 2020 3:28 PM

R183 = too stupid to post here.

The British monarch IS Head of the Church of England. Duh.

by Anonymousreply 186May 12, 2020 3:35 PM

"She should name herself head of the Church."

She is the head of the Church, as all monarchs have been since Henry VIII split with the Catholic church.

The problem is when the adulterer, AKA Tampon Boy, becomes head of the Church. Is he fit for that duty?

by Anonymousreply 187May 12, 2020 3:36 PM

R182 has fantasy issues.

by Anonymousreply 188May 12, 2020 3:40 PM

R184 is is very obvious that you are making shit up because you support the parasite.

by Anonymousreply 189May 12, 2020 3:41 PM

Charles is better fit for the role than any of the child raping Catholic priests and the bishops and cardinals who cover for them. Better than Pat Robertson or Jim Bakker. Better than David Koresh or Jim Jones.

Being fit to head a church these days is a pretty low bar. The better question is whether Charles will want be involved with any of that mess?

by Anonymousreply 190May 12, 2020 3:42 PM

R190 - Charles has said in the past that he wants to be "Head of the Faiths" with an "s" (not just the Anglican Church). Let's see if he gets his way.

by Anonymousreply 191May 12, 2020 3:44 PM

I guess Charles IS a small step above rapists and murderers. I have changed my opinion given that information, and now feel Charles is very fit to be the anointed spiritual leader of the British.

by Anonymousreply 192May 12, 2020 3:47 PM

R185 and Her fascist regime.

by Anonymousreply 193May 12, 2020 3:48 PM

I didn't realize that, R191. I thought it was just a joke in "The Windsors." What is he actually thinking--that he's going to have some authority over the other faiths? I thought the Head of the Church and Defender of the Faith title was a corollary to the Church of England being the established church. They can't all be established!

by Anonymousreply 194May 12, 2020 3:48 PM

R193 - we mean it MAAANNNN.

by Anonymousreply 195May 12, 2020 3:49 PM

@R192 - ^ it should have read "Defender of the Faiths" not "Head of the Faiths".

by Anonymousreply 196May 12, 2020 3:50 PM

R126, if they wanted to, could they dump him and ask David Tennant to be the King?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197May 12, 2020 3:50 PM

^ meant @191. Sorry. I'm having a bad day.

by Anonymousreply 198May 12, 2020 3:51 PM

Somehow, I doubt that Hindus, Muslims and Jews will want the man behind "Tampongate" to be their spiritual leaders.

by Anonymousreply 199May 12, 2020 3:55 PM

The Queen acts as a check to any overweening politician with delusions of grandeur, she is allowed to warn and advise the prime minister, something that is desperately needed now that Bojo has made a hash of containing the pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 200May 12, 2020 4:00 PM

R199, no one cares what Charles did or said in his private life but I notice that he didn't sue the papers when his private phone calls that were secretly and probably illegally recorded were splashed all over the tabloids.

by Anonymousreply 201May 12, 2020 4:00 PM

R178 Please stop it, America is a republic and we don't have or want monarchs running this country. Yes, Trump is most definitely an asshole but he's also not going to be there forever either. We have a constitution that states no monarchs period and I'd like it to stay that way.

And Elizabeth is still a socialite. I bet she and Kim Kardashian secretly talk on the phone all the time. Even socialite Zsa Zsa Gabor said the Elizabeth was at a dinner party at her Bel Air home back in the day, so that's just another peice of the puzzle proving my point that she's a socialite.

Because otherwise, why is she hanging out with Zsa Zsa Gabor? Gabor was a socialite in Hollywood and socialites love to socialize with each other. I figured her out a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 202May 12, 2020 4:04 PM

R127, now that's a king I could get behind, if you know what I mean.

by Anonymousreply 203May 12, 2020 4:11 PM

R181, you're quite presumptuous. First, I live in the U.S. and I know what it's like. So even though you'd like to think you know better than I on both the role of the Queen (because you lived in the UK a whole year) and what Trump is doing to the U.S., you're wrong on both counts. Of course, the Queen's role is ceremonial. Whatever she and the BRF offer in terms of comfort, official speeches, continuity, or enrichment to the culture, that is strictly through being figureheads.

Of course the Queen is capable of influencing opinion by her actions and words, and the BRF PR machine, but ultimately it is not in actual political power she has any sway. I'm glad you know this; a lot of people don't seem to, so it's not "Duh" when there are so many idiots on this thread alone. It is the court of public opinion she and the BRF deal in, with obviously mixed results though the many decades they've managed to keep the firm going.

by Anonymousreply 204May 12, 2020 7:27 PM

R202--such an idiot he compares QEII to Zsa Zsa!

And he STILL doesn't know the definition of "socialite" vs "queen," even though it's been explained to him by Merriam-Webster.

QEII has her own entry in the dictionary and it's defined as "queen of the United Kingdom."

R202--a dictionary definition of a troll.

LMFAO, dumb fucking troll!!!

by Anonymousreply 205May 12, 2020 7:32 PM

She'll set up an OnlyFans account and we'll see some sexy content revolving around The Grey Triangle. She's crusty. I mean thirsty.

by Anonymousreply 206May 12, 2020 7:42 PM

Let's hope she has a Scottish gentleman to be at her side as one of her ancestors did.

by Anonymousreply 207May 12, 2020 7:45 PM

[R202]--a dictionary definition of a troll. LMFAO, dumb fucking troll!

Yes, he is. He has an inordinate number of posts on this thread, is obsessed with the misappropriation of a word "socialite," and managed to incite you very effectively.

Just lay off the obsessed Axis II cunt, step back and breathe. And put him on ignore as a lot of us have for a pleasant and educational ride.

by Anonymousreply 208May 12, 2020 10:02 PM

R207 Perhaps the Queen would favor a loyal manservant of Indian descent, as did her great-great grandmother.

by Anonymousreply 209May 12, 2020 10:33 PM

Elizabeth is still a socialite.

by Anonymousreply 210May 12, 2020 10:47 PM

R208, but no need to tell me to breathe nor give advice to me on trolls, dear. They are a dime a dozen on DL.

by Anonymousreply 211May 12, 2020 11:21 PM

[Quote]Let's hope she has a Scottish gentleman to be at her side as one of her ancestors did.

Indeed! A Scottish gentleman is far superior to a soon-to-be assassinated Russian of questionable provenance.

by Anonymousreply 212May 12, 2020 11:27 PM

You guys do not know how to just laugh at the socialite troll for the sheer ridiculousness of their posts.

This is DL after all. It's a gossip site, have fun and just laugh at the freaks who post on this site.

My goodness, some of you take yourselves way to seriously.

by Anonymousreply 213May 12, 2020 11:30 PM

If it weren't for this awful pandemic, I would fly to her and stay by her side. And we could watch my favorite episodes of Suits together.

by Anonymousreply 214May 13, 2020 12:12 AM

"some of you take yourselves way to seriously."

Oh, dear, R213.

by Anonymousreply 215May 13, 2020 12:18 AM

Is she on assistance?

by Anonymousreply 216May 13, 2020 12:24 AM

Quite.

by Anonymousreply 217May 13, 2020 2:28 AM

Do we think Big Liz waxes her muff?

Does she have a Special Lady of the Chamber Muff who does it... or does she just see to it herself?

by Anonymousreply 218May 13, 2020 3:05 AM

All elderly women with paper thin skin require waxing that will scald and leave their first layer of fatty cover and muscles torn off on their mons pubis, leaving it exposed to bacteria, especially the one that causes necrosis. You know, when flesh dies, turns black, produces foul odor and falls off?

by Anonymousreply 219May 13, 2020 3:15 AM

So, she probably just shaves it now. Or uses a depilatory?

by Anonymousreply 220May 13, 2020 4:56 AM

Why do you think wax and depilatory are different?

Such a rube.

by Anonymousreply 221May 13, 2020 5:07 AM

Waxing is a technique. A depilatory is a chemical (like Nair)

by Anonymousreply 222May 13, 2020 6:37 AM

If someone steals her corpse, that would make me sad.

by Anonymousreply 223May 13, 2020 7:04 AM

Who is Big Liz’s gynecologist? Does she got to an office, or does she have a stirrups set up in her room they use?

Is the doctor a male? I wonder.

by Anonymousreply 224May 13, 2020 7:08 AM

There’ll be no more royal issue from her body, so do her nasty bits matter?

by Anonymousreply 225May 13, 2020 7:15 AM

It's really disgusting how the Megstans on here bash a 94 year old woman who has served her country admirably all because they think insulting the Queen puts Meghan in a better light.

Pro tip, Megstans: It doesn't. It makes Meghan and you look even worse. As does everything you do on her behalf.

by Anonymousreply 226May 13, 2020 7:22 AM

R226 Why do you think someone has to be a Meg stan to dislike the snooty inbred royals?

by Anonymousreply 227May 13, 2020 7:27 AM

I was over the queen a long time before Ms. Markle was, myself.

by Anonymousreply 228May 13, 2020 7:31 AM

She and the Megan bitch serve only themselves.

by Anonymousreply 229May 13, 2020 8:51 AM

She needs her own bubble.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230May 13, 2020 9:03 AM

Seethe megstans, seethe.

by Anonymousreply 231May 13, 2020 9:40 AM

It's not imperative r227 but there is a very large overlap between BRF-haters and Megstans, especially on the internet.

Also, if you knew anything about the royals you'd know that the last thing they are is snooty and the British ones never really went in for inbreeding (distant cousins, at a stretch).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232May 13, 2020 10:39 AM

It's all a charade. Megstans lurved the BRF, adored the pics of Markle and her taped weave sitting next to the Queen...until they didn't. Nazi lovin Paki and black hatin Harry is their Kang...until wait and see when the inevitable divorce comes.

by Anonymousreply 233May 13, 2020 11:49 AM

Guys, you don't have to worry about Liz's muff. She's 94 years old. THERE IS NO MUFF.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234May 13, 2020 12:01 PM

Correct, when women hit menopause, the loss of estrogen causes hair loss everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 235May 13, 2020 1:55 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236May 13, 2020 1:58 PM

So much easier to shelter at Sandringham.

by Anonymousreply 237May 13, 2020 2:01 PM

R236 - I hope you're joking because the Queen barely travels anywhere at her advanced age. She sure as hell wouldn't be traveling to Miss Sparkle's horrid squat.

by Anonymousreply 238May 13, 2020 2:04 PM

The Queen will never see Markle - or Archie - ever again.

She'll only see Harry if he travels to the UK for a lengthy trip - two weeks quarantine before seeing her. Harry may never see the Queen again.

All for an embarrassing squat in a La Quinta Inn McMansion with no privacy.

by Anonymousreply 239May 13, 2020 2:16 PM

[quote]Harry may never see the Queen again. All for his personal freedom and the safety of his family.

Fixed it for you.

by Anonymousreply 240May 13, 2020 2:18 PM

So much freedom! So much safety to be had in paparazzi central in a borrowed house with hikers paths leading directly to it.

There's more freedom and safety to be found at Frogmore Cottage, but that wouldn't do for Meghan's ambitions....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241May 13, 2020 2:21 PM

R238, wtf are you talking about? Until the pandemic, the Queen traveled extensively--certainly not the way she did in the years previous, but she's hardly a stay-at-home shut-in grandma. What a bunch of fools pervade this thread.

by Anonymousreply 242May 13, 2020 2:23 PM

There is no freedom or safety for Harry as long as he is in that family. They will do to him and his family what they did to Diana.

Go, Harry! GO! Fuck the haters.

by Anonymousreply 243May 13, 2020 2:24 PM

No, R243, what will happen is a steady dissatisfaction in giving up the family he knows and all his privilege to be shacked up with a gold-digging careerist actress in LA.

He will get tired of it, they will divorce, and he will go back, having paid the gold-digger a substantial payoff, just like happened to Mommy and Daddy.

by Anonymousreply 244May 13, 2020 2:30 PM

Yes, Harry has so much freedom now.

You KNOW she’s not even letting anyone set foot near a window, let alone go out for a swim and a spell in the sun.

What a fool he is.

by Anonymousreply 245May 13, 2020 2:30 PM

[quote] The Queen will never see Markle - or Archie - ever again.

Why did she go blind? I understand that she knows how to use Skype.

by Anonymousreply 246May 13, 2020 2:35 PM

If the queen steps down (or is removed) is there a final accounting and audit, to see how many public funds she’s salted away?

She also needs a full cavity search.

by Anonymousreply 247May 13, 2020 2:42 PM

Skype is 'interfacing' with another person, r246, not 'seeing' another person in the human sense.

Sure they'll skype and zoom to keep that sweet, sweet money coming in. But the Queen won't feel close to Archie ever.

It was a stupid move, from the golddigger Markle's point of view. Archie is the money trail and she unwittingly cut him off from one of his greatest potential benefactors.

Meghan never meant to cut Archie off, of course. All she was trying to do was to hold out 'seeing Archie' as a leveraging tool.

Then coronavirus came and told Ms. Meghan to fuck off with that bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 248May 13, 2020 2:42 PM

R246, yes, Skype. It’s a perfectly adequate way to communicate with people you love. No need to ever see anyone in person again.

Blow a kiss!

by Anonymousreply 249May 13, 2020 2:43 PM

R242 - read my post @238 CAREFULLY. Where did I say she didn't travel extensively BEFORE the pandemic? Did you see the term "advanced age"?

The Queen decreased her travels just to England and Scotland BEFORE the pandemic. She doesn't travel out of the country anymore. Other members of the family visit the Commonwealth countries as representatives of the monarch.

Now, who is the fool?

by Anonymousreply 250May 13, 2020 2:55 PM

The Queen was never a cuddly grandmother type. She never spent quality time with her grandchildren, why should she be expected to cuddle with a great-grandchild?

Poor Archie will grow up without knowing the love of a grandparent. Camilla sure as hell isn't going to do it. And Doria will breeze in and out according to her new age biorhythms.

by Anonymousreply 251May 13, 2020 2:56 PM

R251, my MIL was never a cuddly grandmother type. But with her favorite grandchild, she was an utter mush. She just adored that baby, and it was almost funny to see her go daffy with him. I do think her children were a little salty to see her be that way with him. It was like a dam broke and it all came flooding to this one little human.

Not saying that Elizabeth is the same; just that it happens.

by Anonymousreply 252May 13, 2020 3:01 PM

R206 I like the way you think. God shave the queen's pussy!

by Anonymousreply 253May 13, 2020 3:04 PM

Same with my MIL. Terrible, distant, formal mother and yet an amazingly tactile, hands-on, laughing and joking and reading to the kids grandmother.

That could be because the gay marriage broke her sense of propriety, but it's also age.

by Anonymousreply 254May 13, 2020 3:05 PM

Harry will divorce Meghan, and she will clean him out financially. He'll go crawling home, and now he'll have even less freedom than before since he won't have even his Diana trust fund to give him some independence. The BRF will keep him on a short leash for the rest of his life. Which, given what he did with a long leash, is a good idea.

by Anonymousreply 255May 13, 2020 3:14 PM

If Meghan thinks she'll clean up because California is a community property state, she's in for a surprise. British lawyers will swoop in and inform the court that Harry owns next to nothing independent of the Royal Family and its network of holdings and trusts.

Good thing Meghan has good work experience.

by Anonymousreply 256May 13, 2020 3:23 PM

[quote] Go get ordained by God himself to rule a country as she did and then maybe your rant could carry some weight

"Ordained by God"? Looks like the eldergays and Klan grannies of DL are the Bible-thumping morons who believe that the welfare queen and her scrounging family somehow have a right to their privilege.

by Anonymousreply 257May 13, 2020 3:35 PM

Did Meghan sign a pre-nup? Anyway, the BRF will get their way. Yes, Meghan will get some money, but she won't clean Harry out. Look how poorly Meghan is doing with the MOS lawsuit. You think she's going to go up against the BRF? And I guarantee the BRF will release damaging information. They probably had Frogmore Cottage bugged and have recordings of Meghan being an absolute "see you next Tuesday."

by Anonymousreply 258May 13, 2020 3:58 PM

The "Klan Grannies Everywhere!" troll is so informed and so elucidating. See it's wisdom at r247.

So glad it's here.

by Anonymousreply 259May 13, 2020 4:04 PM

Meghan laid a golden egg, and will get plenty of money over the next 18 years to support Archie. It reminds me of Liz Hurley - she had slept with plenty of men but only allowed herself to get pregnant with a billionaire's sperm. Her son is set for life with a huge trust and his father made sure that he inherited money from father's grandpa

Same with Linda Evangelista. Only fell pregnant with a billionaire's sperm, and now she gets to chill, eat and get fat and never work another day in her life.

by Anonymousreply 260May 13, 2020 4:19 PM

IF she divorces, she will forever be a Duchess, like Fergs, and once Betty kicks, she will be the mother of a royal prince.

by Anonymousreply 261May 13, 2020 4:24 PM

Elizabeth Regina is making deals with the Grim Reaper. If Charles becomes King, he is daft enough to accede to Meghan's demands.

by Anonymousreply 262May 13, 2020 4:30 PM

Oh Meghan will make out just fine.

But at the moment, how can they even claim “residency”? They’re houseguests.

by Anonymousreply 263May 13, 2020 5:32 PM

R262, agreed. He’s Meghan’s best shot a payday. I’d guess that Elizabeth is peeved at Harry and figures it’s his father’s problem. Harry will get his inheritance from her in due time, not any earlier.

Once Charles is gone, the faucet will be closed forever.

by Anonymousreply 264May 13, 2020 5:38 PM

[quote] But at the moment, how can they even claim “residency”? They’re houseguests.

Meghan is a US citizen and she might have petitioned to get Archie designated as a US citizen.

by Anonymousreply 265May 13, 2020 6:21 PM

Who's the fool, R250? You are. If you had READ MY POST CAREFULLY, you would have seen I specified that, while she didn't travel as much in recent months and especially now, she still traveled more than most people even half her "advanced age." You silly twat.

And while R250 is a silly twat, she's not as dumb as R247 for suggesting the Queen could be "removed." LMFAO!!! Another idiot on this thread who has no clue.

by Anonymousreply 266May 13, 2020 6:22 PM

R26 = Silly Twat

by Anonymousreply 267May 13, 2020 6:29 PM

R266 = Another Silly Twat.

by Anonymousreply 268May 13, 2020 6:30 PM

You're staring in the mirror of your own twatitude, R268.

by Anonymousreply 269May 13, 2020 6:35 PM

[quote] IF she divorces, she will forever be a Duchess, like Fergs, and once Betty kicks, she will be the mother of a royal prince.

If necessary, parliament could annul the marriage and have Archie declared bastard.

by Anonymousreply 270May 13, 2020 6:48 PM

Meghan will win, Harry and Archie will lose. End of story.

by Anonymousreply 271May 13, 2020 6:49 PM

Congrats, R270--you are included in the ranks of the very stupid on this thread. Parliament annulling marriages? Even if you're joking, you're not very clever.

by Anonymousreply 272May 13, 2020 6:53 PM

R265, I know, but they just relocated to Los Angeles. I guess she can just list the address of where they’re staying? Could someone come to California and stay at a hotel and file for divorce in California to get that sweet 50/50? Why doesn’t everyone do that, then?

And doesn’t the thing kick in at the 10-year mark anyway?

Ugh, whatever.

by Anonymousreply 273May 13, 2020 7:02 PM

If Big Liz or anyone from that clan of grifters wants to see the baby, they can get their asses on a plane and go visit! Jesus, it’s not like they lack means.

by Anonymousreply 274May 13, 2020 7:58 PM

What happened to the rumors that she was going to make Charles Regent at age 95? Charles already had the virus and should be free from catching it again.

by Anonymousreply 275May 13, 2020 8:05 PM

Markle is never returning to the UK unless the queen or possibly Charles die. She hates it there and everyone hates her.

Harry and Markle should have her Duke and Duchess of Sussex titles taken away. Of what are they duke and duchess? They don't even live in the UK any longer, so what work or affiliation do they have with anything related to a dukedom? And they should lose their HRH; right now they can't use HRH, but the style is still in place.

Their little, poorly-thought through plan of dividing their time between the UK and "North America" is kaput. You cannot be part-time royals. Besides, they only kept up that "North America" bullshit when they were trying to lie to everyone about living in Canada. It was never going to be Canada and was only going to be Southern California and nowhere else.

by Anonymousreply 276May 13, 2020 8:20 PM

"Meghan is a US citizen and she might have petitioned to get Archie designated as a US citizen."

R265 There is no need for a "petition" for Archie. He was born a US citizen.

From the Gov website:

3. Child of U.S. Citizen Parent and Alien Parent [9]

A child born outside of the United States and its outlying possessions acquires citizenship at birth if at the time of birth:

One parent is an alien and the other parent is a U.S. citizen; and​

The U.S. citizen parent was physically present in the United States for at least 5 years, including at least 2 years after 14 years of age."

by Anonymousreply 277May 13, 2020 8:29 PM

Why does this always become about Meghan? Leave her alone for fuck sakes!

by Anonymousreply 278May 13, 2020 8:30 PM

We can't leave Markle alone until Harry divorces her and takes the kid back to the UK.

by Anonymousreply 279May 13, 2020 8:33 PM

Archie didn't need no stinkin' old lady at his birthday. He had his two best friends, the family dogs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280May 13, 2020 8:44 PM

R261 Fergie isn’t a Duchess - she ceased being one on her divorce from the Duke of York and became a non-titled person with the use of “, Duchess of York” as a surname - hence, “Sarah, Duchess if York”. Pretty standard for the former wife of a peer.

Fergie does call herself “The Duchess” for marketing purposes, especially in the USA where most people don’t understand titles and styles, but she’s not, and hasn’t been since her divorce in 1996.

by Anonymousreply 281May 13, 2020 8:59 PM

^^Sarah will always be a duchess in my book.

by Anonymousreply 282May 13, 2020 9:28 PM

In my gay heart also. I like Sarah’s song heart and soul.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283May 13, 2020 9:42 PM

^^Fabulous!

by Anonymousreply 284May 13, 2020 10:01 PM

[QUOTE]You cannot be part-time royals. Besides, they only kept up that "North America" bullshit when they were trying to lie to everyone about living in Canada. It was never going to be Canada and was only going to be Southern California and nowhere else.

Grateful for small mercies.

by Anonymousreply 285May 14, 2020 12:07 AM

My god, when you watch one of her televised addresses to the nation, the only thing that moves is her mouth. It's as if someone has their hand up her ass and is moving her mouth, no facial expression at all!

by Anonymousreply 286May 14, 2020 12:25 AM

No one has had a hand up Liz's ass. Big Liz don't play that game.

by Anonymousreply 287May 14, 2020 12:28 AM

Seethe megstan

by Anonymousreply 288May 14, 2020 12:36 AM

Is “seethe megstan” supposed to be some Sort of gotcha?

by Anonymousreply 289May 14, 2020 12:41 AM

Duchess of York is not a surname. A divorced wife of a peer retains her courtesy title minus the THE.

by Anonymousreply 290May 14, 2020 2:23 AM

That’s not correct R290

by Anonymousreply 291May 14, 2020 2:38 AM

Please correct and cite r291.

My information is: On 21 August 1996 letters patent changed titles of divorced wives of British princes, depriving their former wives of the style of Royal Highness. For this reason Her Royal Highness The Princess of Wales after divorce became Diana, Princess of Wales. The same happened to Her Royal Highness The Duchess of York who became Sarah, Duchess of York.

by Anonymousreply 292May 14, 2020 2:46 AM

[quote]For this reason Her Royal Highness The Princess of Wales after divorce became Diana, Princess of Wales.

That's not quite right. When Charles and Diana divorced, the Queen was going to style Diana as an HRH because, after all, she was the mother of a future king. However, Diana demanded the title of Princess of Wales, so Liz said, "Fuck you, that's your title and you won't be HRH." So Diana lost the HRH.

by Anonymousreply 293May 14, 2020 2:53 AM

Which is why Betty incorporated it into the Letters Patent.

Also, Wills can reinstate the HRH posthumously. We shall see.

by Anonymousreply 294May 14, 2020 2:57 AM

[quote] Also, Wills can reinstate the HRH posthumously. We shall see.

It's not going to do her much good now.

by Anonymousreply 295May 14, 2020 3:00 AM

But it doe reinstate Wills as the son of royals.

by Anonymousreply 296May 14, 2020 3:07 AM

[quote]When Charles and Diana divorced, the Queen was going to style Diana as an HRH because, after all, she was the mother of a future king. However, Diana demanded the title of Princess of Wales, so Liz said, "Fuck you, that's your title and you won't be HRH." So Diana lost the HRH.

R293. So, Diana was going to be what? HRH of What? If the queen was going to give her HRH, then what was she going to be HRH of? If Diana was demanding she be Princess of Wales, well, she got that title. That was not in dispute. That was settled. As I understood it, the dispute was always not about the title Princess of Wales, but whether or not she would retain HRH. The queen was willing to let her keep HRH. It was Charles who was demanding that Diana not retain HRH. Charles won that battle, but Diana got him big-time financially.

by Anonymousreply 297May 14, 2020 3:27 AM

r297, Diana went out and announced to the press that POW was her title before the Palace had settled it. It was a leveraging trick that Diana used. Charles was not thinking clearly. As the mother of a future king, she should not have to curtsy to lesser royals. Had she lived, she'd be curtsying to Harry and Archie (and Meghan as an extension of them).

by Anonymousreply 298May 14, 2020 3:31 AM

William is not going to reinstate Diana's HRH.

by Anonymousreply 299May 14, 2020 8:02 AM

Before she dies, Big Liz will restore Diana's HRH as an act of contrition for her manifest failings against country and family.

by Anonymousreply 300May 14, 2020 12:02 PM

It matters to William r295. That's enough.

by Anonymousreply 301May 14, 2020 1:40 PM

What the Lord (Big Liz) giveth, the Lord can taketh away. Diana wasn't HRH before she married into the family. Why should she keep her HRH status when she left the BRF? She sure wasn't representing the BRF when she was taking Dodi's Muslim dick in her back door.

by Anonymousreply 302May 14, 2020 4:07 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303May 14, 2020 4:11 PM

Ye olde cow should have been put out to pasture long ago.

by Anonymousreply 304May 14, 2020 5:19 PM

^^^HA! All the Liz haters can suck on that!^^^

by Anonymousreply 305May 14, 2020 5:43 PM

Poor cunty R304.Sorry, hunty--Big Liz ain't going anywhere for a while.

by Anonymousreply 306May 14, 2020 5:51 PM

Nope, she won't be going anywhere for a while since they already pumped her full of Formaldehyde.

by Anonymousreply 307May 14, 2020 6:54 PM

She has more life in her than you I'll wager, R307. These tired attempts at saying she's dead, she's like a corpse, etc., fly in the face of the reality of the situation. You're really pathetic to use the age of a 94-year-old, still very active person against her. But that's all you have, so.

by Anonymousreply 308May 14, 2020 6:57 PM

[quote] Diana wasn't HRH before she married into the family. Why should she keep her HRH status when she left the BRF?

She earned it.

by Anonymousreply 309May 14, 2020 7:46 PM

People picking on an extremely elderly (but still kicking) woman are probably the same ones calling Archie a cross-eyed potato.

All fair game, huh?

by Anonymousreply 310May 14, 2020 7:49 PM

R309, she earned nothing. She was a narcissistic adulteress gold digger.

by Anonymousreply 311May 14, 2020 7:55 PM

[quote] People picking on an extremely elderly (but still kicking) woman are probably the same ones calling Archie a cross-eyed potato.

I don’t think they would be the same set of people. People who want to see the downfall of the monarchy would welcome Meghan and the potato.

by Anonymousreply 312May 14, 2020 8:54 PM

[quote]R311 [Big Liz] earned nothing. She was a narcissistic adulteress gold digger.

This is it in a nutshell - why should we have any respect for this conservative, pie faced dowd who was born with a silver spoon wedged up her ass, and a tiara made of blood diamonds ‘round each tit?

Fuck her. Die already.

by Anonymousreply 313May 14, 2020 8:59 PM

r310. No, it's exactly the opposite. The psychopathic Megstans are the ones calling for the Queen to die and insulting her. They insult all of the BRF because they think it somehow makes Meghan look better by comparison. They're completely deranged cult members.

by Anonymousreply 314May 14, 2020 9:07 PM

R310 I insult the Brf because they do the bare minimum and get paid the maximum. I think the queen grinning beside her 60 year old son who associated with pedos right after he refused to comply with requests for talks with FBI disgusting. I think that the mass bombarding of gossip sites with anti Sussex propaganda annoying as fuck.

Today on all gossip sites and forums the sugars or megstans have been the focus of attacks. I am pushing back against that. So keep trying troll. This isn't tumbler and I will be fucked if a pack of hysterical fraus get to dictate what we can post or grey out.

by Anonymousreply 315May 14, 2020 9:33 PM

The members of the BRF are the UK's greatest tourist attraction.

Either them pay them and enjoy the PR they do for the UK, or don't. Kick 'em out. Make Buckingham Palace a great new art museum. (Keep the art when you give 'em the boot.)

Let them all go to Windsor Castle. They already have lovely town homes in London for when they need to be in the city. But the next time you want to gather at Buckingham Palace and wave little flags and feel very British about yourselves, you'll have fuck faced Boris Johnson up on that balcony waving back at you.

by Anonymousreply 316May 14, 2020 9:46 PM

Diana's exit negotiations allegedly got quite nasty at times. I don't think this exchange is true but it did go around and has a nice DL feel to it:

Philip: If you don't behave, girl, we'll take away your titles.

Diana: My title is older than yours, Philip.

by Anonymousreply 317May 14, 2020 9:46 PM

At least Diana was English. Not German or Greek.

by Anonymousreply 318May 14, 2020 10:10 PM

R318 doesn't understand the principle of royals marrying into other royal families, which is how it was for most of history.

What you really mean to say is, at least Diana was British. Not American.

by Anonymousreply 319May 14, 2020 10:16 PM

R317, that exchange you made up is completely implausible. Regardless of the fact that Philip would never have said anything like that - because titles are not a matter of Philip's or the Queen's personal choice, but about protocol and tradition, not something to be negotiated in a divorce settlement- there is no way in which Diana's aristocratic titles trumped a royal title, and certainly not the royal titles of the British royal family.

Philip was in fact a prince of Denmark, the oldest royal family in the world - although he'd had to give up his other royal titles on marriage. So, he wouldn't give a shit about someone claiming to have an old title or whining about having to give up theirs.

by Anonymousreply 320May 14, 2020 10:27 PM

R320. Philip was no saint to Diana. Let's not get carried away.

by Anonymousreply 321May 14, 2020 10:31 PM

r320 The Queen is the "Fount of all titles" and can take away any British title from anyone any time she likes.

by Anonymousreply 322May 14, 2020 10:36 PM

[quote]R316 The members of the BRF are the UK's greatest tourist attraction.

What, like you think visitors are under a mass delusion they’ll get to sit down with, or even SEE, them??

Try again.

by Anonymousreply 323May 14, 2020 10:44 PM

R320 is one of those puffed up posters that causes eye rolls. I can't figure where to start dissecting the wrong in that pronouncement.

by Anonymousreply 324May 14, 2020 10:47 PM

Then again perhaps she has self-embalmed, I hear she likes her sherry a lot. Even mid morning after breakfast then after lunch a couple of times then after tea and more in the evening. Sounds like a drunking heifer to me. Could the people be following her lead?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325May 14, 2020 10:55 PM

R320 I beg to differ.

-Gilgamesh, King of Sumer, circa 2600 BC

by Anonymousreply 326May 14, 2020 10:55 PM

R320, I specifically said I didn't think that the story is true. What's wrong with your reading comprehension? Do you need medical assistance? But it has circulated as rumor in one form or another for over 20 years. Where do you get that I made it up? Perhaps you only started following the Royal Family after reading something on Lipstick Alley?

And their is a minor if negligible point to be taken. Philip had to forswear all his other royal titles to marry Elizabeth. He was only created a Prince again by Elizabeth in 1957. Diana's Aristocratic (not Royal but still Aristocratic) title of Lady of the Spencer family dated back hundreds of years. Her title was older than his and since it was hers by right of birth, they couldn't have stripped her of that.

Some people.

by Anonymousreply 327May 14, 2020 11:20 PM

^ Egads, there is not their is. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 328May 14, 2020 11:23 PM

Can Her Majesty strip Aristocratic titles? Royal titles, obviously. I think that the heads of Aristocratic families can strip lesser members of their titles but can The Queen?

by Anonymousreply 329May 14, 2020 11:43 PM

The Queen can have members of the aristocracy arrested on charges of treason, and have them attainted and upon their execution, seize their land and remove their titles.

-Elizabeth Regina I

by Anonymousreply 330May 14, 2020 11:57 PM

What a delightful law!

by Anonymousreply 331May 15, 2020 12:01 AM

The version that I heard was that Diana’s response to Philip suggesting that they would take away her title was: “But you can’t, Pa - I have one of my own”.

Which sounds slightly more plausible as there have been letters between them published where she refers to him as “Pa”.

The letters were published to show that they continued to have a friendly relationship up to the divorce.

by Anonymousreply 332May 15, 2020 12:29 AM

Reading not so much this thread, but some the others. it appears that some posters seem to think that the British Aristocracy is some sort of subset of the Royal Royal Family. No, they are their own thing separate from the Monarchy. In the United Kingdom, some Aristocratic titles are indeed quite older than the those of the current Royal Family.

by Anonymousreply 333May 15, 2020 12:32 AM

I always found it odd that back in the day -- way back in the day, I'm an eldergay -- there was much made of Charles as Heir being the first to marry a commoner. Yet she wasn't. She was a titled member of an Aristocratic family despite not being Royal.

Kate had to take the brunt of the contemporary "A Prince can't marry a commoner debate" years later. Much of the public discussion was brutal towards her. And yet she has turned out to be the best and most exemplary.

by Anonymousreply 334May 15, 2020 12:52 AM

The best what? Trolly dolly descendent?

by Anonymousreply 335May 15, 2020 1:01 AM

Thank you, r332. I posted at r317 that I didn't believe the truth of the exchange of what I posted but later said the story in various forms had been around for years. Your version is the most understandable and cogent version.

by Anonymousreply 336May 15, 2020 1:05 AM

[quote]there was much made of Charles as Heir being the first to marry a commoner.

But wasn't Elizabeth's mother a commoner? She was from the aristocracy but she wasn't royal.

by Anonymousreply 337May 15, 2020 1:19 AM

Yes, r337, and I started to mention that, but at the time her husband wasn't in direct line to the throne.

by Anonymousreply 338May 15, 2020 1:28 AM

^ And it's why I said specifically "Charles as Heir."

by Anonymousreply 339May 15, 2020 1:31 AM

Aristocrats are commoners. There’s royalty and everybody else, even if they come from an old family.

by Anonymousreply 340May 15, 2020 2:21 AM

r340, years and years ago I read that the key to understanding HM is that in her eyes, there are two kinds of people: her family and everybody else.

by Anonymousreply 341May 15, 2020 3:54 AM

[quote] The members of the BRF are the UK's greatest tourist attraction.

Plus, the queen is an essential part of the functioning of the government.

by Anonymousreply 342May 15, 2020 4:11 AM

[quote] Plus, the queen is an essential part of the functioning of the government.

Yes, if she doesn't open Parliament, the MPs won't know how to get inside. Every year, she must undo her bodice and pull the door key out from between her sagging breasts so that everyone knows that she and she alone can involve, dissolve and absolve elected officials.

by Anonymousreply 343May 15, 2020 4:16 AM

I for one TREASURE those aged, sagging breasts.

GOD SAVE OUR QUEEN!

by Anonymousreply 344May 15, 2020 4:20 AM

The whole government and military works for her and everything is in her name. The government can’t function without the monarchy.

by Anonymousreply 345May 15, 2020 4:27 AM

Yes, HM had a great rack back in the day although it was of course never even referenced much less talked about back then. Sagging but generous boobies, there has to be a market for that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346May 15, 2020 4:30 AM

R346 she and Phil have a sex tape from their honeymoon that will be released on her hundredth birthday.

by Anonymousreply 347May 15, 2020 4:46 AM

HM is the only person in Great Britain who is not required to have a driver's license because they are issued in her name and requiring her to have one would be redundant.

by Anonymousreply 348May 15, 2020 4:52 AM

Wow. She's completely gorgeous at r346.

by Anonymousreply 349May 15, 2020 7:24 AM

Eh... not so much.

by Anonymousreply 350May 15, 2020 7:32 AM

I think Markle at r343 doesnt know that the government is formed in Her Majesty's name. The Courts are in her name and so is the currency. But then again, reading up on the history of the country/"anachronistic" family one was so desperate to be a part of "as a feminist" sounds about right for Markle

by Anonymousreply 351May 15, 2020 9:59 AM

[quote]The Queen is the "Fount of all titles" and can take away any British title from anyone any time she likes.

Not entirely r322, but you're proving my point that r317 is talking horseshit when creating a fantasy scenario in which Diana would have said "My title is older than yours, Philip."

by Anonymousreply 352May 15, 2020 10:28 AM

And since the Queen is the one who pretty much decides titles (along with the government and parliament), it is also entirely implausible that Diana would have said “But you can’t, Pa - I have one of my own”, as r332 suggests.

Perhaps that whole story is just bullshit and no such exchange took place.

by Anonymousreply 353May 15, 2020 10:32 AM

"I can't figure where to start dissecting the wrong in that pronouncement."

You can't r324, because there isn't anything wrong in that post.

by Anonymousreply 354May 15, 2020 10:34 AM

[quote]Philip had to forswear all his other royal titles to marry Elizabeth. He was only created a Prince again by Elizabeth in 1957. Diana's Aristocratic (not Royal but still Aristocratic) title of Lady of the Spencer family dated back hundreds of years. Her title was older than his and since it was hers by right of birth, they couldn't have stripped her of that.

My point r327, was that Philip would not give a shit about anyone pontificating about how old their title was considering he was born a prince of the oldest royal family in the world. And, since he voluntarily gave up his own much more distinguished titles in order to marry, he would also not give a shit about anyone whining about having to give up their royal titles in order to divorice - and Diana supposedly made the comment about her "older" title as part of the negotiations for what her new title and status was going to be post-divorce, supposedly as leverage. Being "Lady Diana Spencer" doesn't mean anything and it's a complete joke to think that title could be used in any way as leverage against the royal family - even in an apocryphal story.

by Anonymousreply 355May 15, 2020 10:43 AM

Harry & Meghan are the traveling 🧳 global King & Queen of England and William & Kate are the sequestered, ribbon cutting king & queen.

by Anonymousreply 356May 15, 2020 10:47 AM

In any case, the title "monarch" is far older than the title "youngest daughter of an earl who will never inherit the family title" and the British royal family are descendants of the earliest kings of England, going back over a millennium, so their titles and lineage are much older than Diana's.

That apocryphal story about Diana supposedly saying something like that to Philip springs from the same kind of mind as the post at r356.

by Anonymousreply 357May 15, 2020 10:53 AM

Good morning, r320! How delightful to find you awake and trying to defend your earlier indefensible postings!

by Anonymousreply 358May 15, 2020 11:24 AM

Not at all r358. I notice you can't actually make any points as to why my previous comment was indefensible. You sound like one of those Americans who thinks that Harry is senior to William because Harry is supposedly more "popular" than William.

Where I am it's not morning but midday.

by Anonymousreply 359May 15, 2020 11:29 AM

"Her Royal Highness" ???!!!!!

Pet, Kate is "Her Royal Higness"

The woman pictured is Her Majesty Elizabeth II Queen of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

The black laundress is welcome back any time: as soon as she and my wastrel grandson repay the millions they took in bad faith from Our Taxpayers.

by Anonymousreply 360May 15, 2020 11:33 AM

R356 You wouldn't be "Aria" from Celebitchy, would you?

You talk like her.

by Anonymousreply 361May 15, 2020 11:34 AM

R356 - By the way, it's not "King and Queen " of "England". It's King and Queen (that would be the future William V and his consort, Catherine) of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

What is it with you foreigners that you haven't the slightest grasp of what century Britain is located in?

It stopped being just "England" several centuries ago (you know, Wales, Scotland, et al.)

by Anonymousreply 362May 15, 2020 11:36 AM

It's important to pretend that Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland matter.

by Anonymousreply 363May 15, 2020 11:37 AM

"A socialite"

Oh my sides!

The socialite sees the most sensitive state papers on a daily basis, they all require her signature to become law, and she conferences with the Prime Minister on a weekly basis.

Her constitutional mandate is "to be consulted, to advise, and to warn". She is a formally acknowledged Head of State.

But don't let that stop you from spewing your vicious hatred of all things British because the UK taxpayers and their Head of State stopped falling for Meghan Markke's con game on their backs.

by Anonymousreply 364May 15, 2020 11:40 AM

R356 - They're "global" nobodies, no one gives tuppence about them, they're quickly losing whatever cachet they had, and in case you haven't noticed, they're sequestered, too.

by Anonymousreply 365May 15, 2020 11:41 AM

Ah, the SUN - why, they're rivalling the TIMES in the battle for the status of the nation's Paper of Record.

by Anonymousreply 366May 15, 2020 11:42 AM

[quote]You sound like one of those Americans who thinks that Harry is senior to William because Harry is supposedly more "popular" than William.

Then as I earlier suggested, your reading comprehension is obviously defective as I neither said nor implied any such thing. I don't believe that.

[quote] Where I am it's not morning but midday.

Then you obviously need more sleep. Go back to bed.

by Anonymousreply 367May 15, 2020 11:45 AM

Block the Troll and this thread becomes quite a bit more enjoyable.

by Anonymousreply 368May 15, 2020 12:02 PM

R309 - She didn't "earn" it. You do not "earn" an HRH. You are either born with one or you marry one.

However you may idolise her, she was no saint, she wrecked two marriages, drove her husband out of his mind with insatiable emotional demands, and foised the burden of her neediness onto her children, one of whom seems to have inherited all her worst characteristics: clinical narcissism, fantasy, petty jealousy, and a stupendous inability to learn from previous mistakes.

Anne did ten times the work Diana did, quietly and without fuss or adoration.

If wishes were horses, peasants would ride. If HRHs were "earned", the entire NHS would be wearing tiaras today.

by Anonymousreply 369May 15, 2020 12:07 PM

Harry is in charge of cuckold cleanup. That means when Me-Gain gets creampied Harry goes down on her to lick it up.

by Anonymousreply 370May 15, 2020 12:15 PM

R363 - "It's important to pretend that Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland matter."

Especially when they get all that funding from Westminster - yes, when the funds going to Scotland through the Barnett formula flow out, we all remember just how "unimportant" Scotland is. Did we forget to mention North Sea oil? Trident? The EU fighting to get a piece of Scotland's fisheris.

The name "Great" Britain wasn't a compliment, pet: it was an acknowledgement of "GreatER Britain" consisting of four countries, one of which until 1917 WAS four nations.

Try all you like: the nomenclature "King of England" is simply WRONG.

by Anonymousreply 371May 15, 2020 12:26 PM

[quote]You can't [R324], because there isn't anything wrong in that post.

Well, for one thing, you have no idea what Philip would or wouldn't have said, no matter what your thesaurus or the voices in your head tell you. For another, you do not understand that the title in question was her Princess of Wales title, which the Queen could remove. For a third, protocol and tradition have no legal enforceability. So, basically, what's wrong with your post is in most instances you're talking out of your ass, probably while flourishing your imaginary quill before dipping it in your imaginary ink.

But your pomposity is a definite B+. A little more PBS and A- isn't out of the question.

by Anonymousreply 372May 15, 2020 12:41 PM

Really, R343?

Big Liz keeps the key to Parliament in her bra?

Amazing!

by Anonymousreply 373May 15, 2020 1:31 PM

[quote]What is it with you foreigners that you haven't the slightest grasp of what century Britain is located in?

Because the entire UK is about the size of Michigan. So who cares and why would we?

by Anonymousreply 374May 15, 2020 1:44 PM

Has anyone heard from Charles since he was diagnosed with the coronavirus?

by Anonymousreply 375May 15, 2020 1:57 PM

He's fine, he sends his love.

by Anonymousreply 376May 15, 2020 2:06 PM

R375 - yes, he and Camilla laid a wreath for the 75th anniversary of VE Day. He's also done video messages.

by Anonymousreply 377May 15, 2020 2:08 PM

[quote] You do not "earn" an HRH.

There have been many women who have had to lie back and earn it.

by Anonymousreply 378May 15, 2020 3:34 PM

Why are Meghan's fans so enraged at the royal family? Isn't she free of them now except for the part where she's taking their money?

by Anonymousreply 379May 15, 2020 4:44 PM

[quote]Why are Meghan's fans so enraged at the royal family?

Because they're white and wear fancy bling.

by Anonymousreply 380May 15, 2020 4:46 PM

There’s no Professor Higgins to turn Meghan into a fine lady.

by Anonymousreply 381May 15, 2020 5:00 PM

There’s no Professor Higgins to turn Meghan into a fine lady.

by Anonymousreply 382May 15, 2020 5:00 PM

Did you say "lady", r382?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383May 15, 2020 5:11 PM

The Megstans hate the BRF because they haven't asked today if Megsie is OK. Oh, and they also didn't yield to her every whim and have yet to build her a palace in California. BASTARDS!!!!

by Anonymousreply 384May 15, 2020 6:50 PM

R383 - That's a photo from the now notorious Tom Inskip wedding in Jamaica, where Meghan rushed to reel Harry back in after he ditched her, either uninvited by the groom, or disinvited by Harry when he ditched her.

You can see from the photo that she was going to hold onto him if it was the last thing she ever did, and there are other photos from the Inskip wedding showing Meghan determined not to let Harry go and Harry showing little to no interest in her.

I'd have loved to have heard this particular conversation!

by Anonymousreply 385May 15, 2020 8:23 PM

The queen is advanced technologically to better rule over her subjects, so in that respect she’s not an anachronism.

by Anonymousreply 386May 15, 2020 9:29 PM

Muriel, time to shut this down. An infestation of the loonies has arrived.

by Anonymousreply 387May 15, 2020 9:43 PM

R387 Yes, my child, I'm going to shut this down just to please you.

by Anonymousreply 388May 15, 2020 10:42 PM

[quote]Isn’t queen related to Jesus and Cleopatra?

There’s no contemporary evidence from his era that “Jesus” was a real person. The life story pinned to his legend already existed in the myths of many different cultures before his time.

So no, he and Big Liz are not related.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389May 16, 2020 6:40 AM

Well, except that Tacitus wrote about him and mentioned his death at the hands of Pontius Pilate, also mentioned by name, r389, so the story was doing the rounds in non-Christian Rome in the decades after Jesus died.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390May 16, 2020 6:52 AM

Well, except that it is thought that it was circa 116 A.D. when Tacitus wrote about him and mentioned his death. Neither the original writing nor any contemporaneous copies exist. The oldest copy was created in the 11th century by Christian monks.

It might be wise to take writings credited to Tacitus as something less that authoritative on the matter of Jesus and his death.

by Anonymousreply 391May 16, 2020 12:05 PM

This is why having a Defender of the Faith is so vital.

by Anonymousreply 392May 16, 2020 12:28 PM

THE Faith? Just the one?

What could possibly go wrong with that approach?

by Anonymousreply 393May 16, 2020 12:40 PM

R393 Has anything gone wrong?

by Anonymousreply 394May 16, 2020 12:49 PM

R394, how one answers that question is guided by how one feels about the foolishness of monotheism. I view it as a complete and utter failure, so I would have to answer you question, "Everything. Everything has gone wrong."

by Anonymousreply 395May 16, 2020 12:53 PM

R372, I'm not the one who posted stories about what Philip supposedly said, even if it was apocryphal. I simply compared what he is alleged - even apocryphally - to have said with facts, context and reality.

by Anonymousreply 396May 16, 2020 1:07 PM

R374, why are you on this thread if you think the UK is irrelevant?

by Anonymousreply 397May 16, 2020 1:08 PM

Ok, R396. You’re still all wrong.

by Anonymousreply 398May 16, 2020 1:12 PM

Before preparing to improve the world, first look around your own home three times.

by Anonymousreply 399May 16, 2020 1:17 PM

Well except, r391, that Jesus and his disciples all play a huge part in Emperor Nero's blame game for the Fire of Rome, which was around 30 years after the death of Jesus, and that is the history Tacitus is reciting 50 years after.

by Anonymousreply 400May 16, 2020 1:24 PM

No, I'm not wrong r398 but you're boring now so I'll let you have the last word if you like.

by Anonymousreply 401May 16, 2020 1:25 PM

R45 Oh, FFS, that was eight years ago.

by Anonymousreply 402May 16, 2020 1:45 PM

Get this down, R400. We do NOT have the original writings of Tacitus or any contemporaneous copies. We have Latin texts prepared by not disinterested Christian monks 1000 years after Tacitus.

by Anonymousreply 403May 16, 2020 3:06 PM

Zzzzzzzzzzz...

by Anonymousreply 404May 16, 2020 3:14 PM

Has anyone asked ME! how I am lately?

by Anonymousreply 405May 16, 2020 3:40 PM

During the Charles and Diana divorce, the Queen's original plan was to style her ex-daughter-in-law as HRH Princess Diana. This would have been an HRH and title in her own right, which Diana could have kept if she ever remarried. The sting was that she would have had to give up the title Princess of Wales, as she was no longer married to the Prince of Wales and he might need that title for a future wife. Diana balked at this, as she was much attached to her brand as Princess of Wales. They were still negotiating when she prematurely leaked to the press that she would keep the Princess of Wales title. The Queen and her advisors, angry over Diana jumping the gun, let her keep Princess of Wales but stripped the HRH.

by Anonymousreply 406May 16, 2020 3:56 PM

It’s not like she was turning up at the club every weekend. She was just waving at the poors and knighting people and eating dinner with celebrities anyway.

by Anonymousreply 407May 16, 2020 5:11 PM

Meghan and Harry don't spend too much time with the poors, either. Their food distribution took place in West Hollywood, not Watts or East LA.

by Anonymousreply 408May 16, 2020 5:25 PM

We're busy shopping for mansions!!!!

by Anonymousreply 409May 16, 2020 5:29 PM

Queen Elizabeth will still be a more effective leader for her people that Trump, even locked up.

by Anonymousreply 410May 16, 2020 5:41 PM

R410 - I have a sometimes grudging admiration and respect for my Sovereign, but let's face it: the ghost of Edward V, one of the princes in the Tower, would be a more effective leader than Trump.

by Anonymousreply 411May 16, 2020 7:01 PM

R411 Truth - at least he wouldn't be doing any harm.

by Anonymousreply 412May 16, 2020 7:15 PM

Corgis 2020!

by Anonymousreply 413May 16, 2020 8:34 PM

I have a corgi that I bought in the Buckingham Palace gift shop. Makes me wish I had a real one.

by Anonymousreply 414May 17, 2020 4:31 AM

[quote]Buckingham Palace gift shop

Does Liz get a percentage of all merchandise sold?

by Anonymousreply 415May 17, 2020 4:36 AM

The corgi’s tag says the money goes to “The Royal Collection Trust”.

by Anonymousreply 416May 17, 2020 4:43 AM

No the shop money goes to the upkeep of the art and architecture. Liz never sees any of it.

by Anonymousreply 417May 17, 2020 5:12 AM

Yes, never sees a penny. It’s just her goddamn house that’s being kept up with all the money, is all.

by Anonymousreply 418May 17, 2020 5:36 AM

No, r418 the Royal Collection is mainly art, and much of that is on view in Museums in London.

by Anonymousreply 419May 17, 2020 5:42 AM

^^ sick of your goddamn LIES!

by Anonymousreply 420May 17, 2020 5:47 AM

R419 is correct.

by Anonymousreply 421May 17, 2020 5:51 AM

Has a historical figure ever been so dull? Do we have funny anecdotes about her? witty one-liners? anything? She's a bore through and through.

by Anonymousreply 422May 17, 2020 7:03 AM

[quote] Has a historical figure ever been so dull? Do we have funny anecdotes about her? witty one-liners? anything?

She’s a sex machine in the sack. How about that?

by Anonymousreply 423May 17, 2020 7:07 AM

[quote] Has a historical figure ever been so dull? Do we have funny anecdotes about her? witty one-liners? anything?

She’s a sex machine in the sack. How about that?

by Anonymousreply 424May 17, 2020 7:07 AM

[quote]Has a historical figure ever been so dull? Do we have funny anecdotes about her? witty one-liners? anything? She's a bore through and through.

She's supposedly very droll and funny, often in a dry way, in private. And an excellent mimic. I suspect more of that side of her will come out after she's gone.

[quote] She’s a sex machine in the sack. How about that?

Rumors of Philip complaining to his friends back.in the day that she was insatiable are numerous.

by Anonymousreply 425May 17, 2020 8:55 AM

^ Meant to add, good for her.

by Anonymousreply 426May 17, 2020 8:58 AM

This old bag is the ultimate frau and the one that every frau worships.

by Anonymousreply 427May 17, 2020 9:06 AM

R424 - As it happens, yes. When she and Philip were first married, apparently the fresh young Princess Elizabeth took to sex like a duck to water, and Philip was heard to complain at cocktail parties that he couldn't keep the young princess out of his bed. Finally, his father-in-law, King George VI, took Philip aside and told him to knock it off. This has appeared in just about every single worthwhile biography of her and Philip.

The people dissing her as a stuffy frau do so because they have absolutely no real knowledge of her and get their information from photos hanging on the walls of government offices.

First and foremost, HM is a countrywoman who bred horses and dogs, who was taught tracking and shooting as a young woman, and who spends every chance she can outside London and in the country - her private homes are in Norfolk and Scotland. Very few of such are squeamish about reproduction and sex.

The early obsession with horses should have told you something. Her daughter, Anne, seems to have followed the trajectory with unerring instinct, including the horse breeding bit.

A story is told of Anne once, dancing with a man at some reception or other. He was, of course, holding her at respectful distance. Anne apparently said in her brusque way, "Are you afraid of me?" "Why, no," her partner stammered. "Then stop holding me like a piece of china and let's dance properly," Anne replied.

They are much earthier and less hidebound than people suppose.

And, in fact, one of the problems between Charles and Diana is that she was a very modern urbanite, and Charles, like his parents and grandparents, was a countryman through and through. Diana hated the country. She hated Balmoral, she hated Sandringham, she hated Highgrove. Her idea of getting away from it all was a beach on the Riviera.

The Queen's trick, as Robert Lacey once pointed out, is to succeed in having to be IN the city but not OF the city.

by Anonymousreply 428May 17, 2020 11:46 AM

Palace dismisses book giving Harry and Meghan’s account of Megxit

Roya Nikkhah, Royal Correspondent

Sunday May 17 2020, 12.01am BST, The Sunday Times

The royal family wants to move on from the “soap opera” surrounding the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s departure from their official roles, according to senior palace sources.

Since their departure for a new life in Los Angeles without official duties, Harry and Meghan are said to have been looking forward to the publication of a book that claims to reveal their “true story”.

But when the tell-all biography charting the Sussexes’ decision to move to America is released this summer, the royal family will remain tight-lipped.

Finding Freedom: Harry and Meghan and the Making of a Modern Royal Family is understood to have been written with the Sussexes’ blessing. It is expected to give their version of events behind a reportedly strained relationship with the institution and a rumoured rift with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

A senior palace source said: “The rest of the royal family will not be telling their side of the story. They feel that in this new world, people are more interested in seeing the family support frontline workers than reading about their internal politics.

“It was a soap opera. Everyone knows the narrative that’s coming. The feeling is that drama and everything that comes with it has left. Let the rest of the royal family get on with it.”

Senior members of the royal family are understood to have been briefed about the book. Contrary to reports of “fears” over the “bombshell” biography, a royal source said: “It’s just not a hot topic of conversation in the family. They have had so many books written about them that have lobbed some hefty bombs over the sides. They’re used to it.”

Written by Omid Scobie, a former reporter for the American tabloid Us Weekly, and Carolyn Durand, a reporter for Elle magazine, the book will be published by HarperCollins on August 11.

A spokesman for the Sussexes said the couple were “relaxed” about the authors’ access to people “close to them” but denied they had actively assisted with the book.

“There has been no organising from our side in terms of who they have spoken to. It is not an official, authorised or endorsed book. The authors have not had interviews with the duke and duchess. We have asked to see a copy ahead of publication.”

Some previous royal biographies written with collaboration have not gone down well in royal circles. The Queen Mother said she was “deeply shocked” to discover that Diana, Princess of Wales had helped to “wash the dirty linen in public” by assisting Andrew Morton with his book, Diana: Her True Story, which detailed her struggles within the royal family and the breakdown of her marriage to the Prince of Wales.

The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh were said to be dismayed by Prince Charles’s admission to Jonathan Dimbleby in his 1994 biography, that he had felt “emotionally estranged”from his parents for much of his life.

The biographer AN Wilson, who has written books on the Queen, Prince Albert and Queen Victoria, said last week: “In a way, there is no mystery left. Meghan will tell us nothing we could not have made up for ourselves.”

by Anonymousreply 429May 17, 2020 11:48 AM

R425 Well if you had access to scorching hot young Philip, and nothing else to do all day, you would be too!

by Anonymousreply 430May 17, 2020 11:55 AM

r422 : If you're starving for royal gossip, an interesting read is Kitty Kelley's little spill on the BRF. I say "little" - it is actually a massive book even in paperback but it is filled with delicious gossip (always sourced) such as QEII saying "whee!" when attempting to close doors aboard the storm-lashed Britannia yacht as she was exiting an evening with family and guests. But the best book is the Housekeeper's Diary which really dishes on Charles, Diana (Diana telling Charles to Fuck Off etc) and Charles lugging around a battered old teddy from his childhood that no one was allowed to touch. Prince Andrew and his "dirty" tissues that lay scattered on the floor around his bed that the maids had to pick up. It's endless....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431May 17, 2020 11:55 AM

I love the stories of "Elizabeth II, sex kitten".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432May 17, 2020 11:59 AM

[quote]First and foremost, HM is a countrywoman who bred horses

Many women who ride horses do so for sexual stimulation.

by Anonymousreply 433May 17, 2020 5:11 PM

Hi Cheryl!, r433. So, that explains some of the stench.

by Anonymousreply 434May 17, 2020 5:14 PM

Hi Cheryl!, r433. So, that explains some of the stench.

by Anonymousreply 435May 17, 2020 5:14 PM

Elizabeth was finished with her royal duties when she gave birth to her four children. That's all that matters is producing the next generation of royalty.

by Anonymousreply 436May 17, 2020 5:20 PM

R436 that only applies to female spouses of sovereigns. So when you say Elizabeth, what you really should say is Phillip.

Anyway, I think they should slim down the monarchy to just the king and queen. All of the rest of the title should be removed. It’s 2020, and their one job, smiling and waving has become a health hazard.

I also remember, in the not so distant past, Prince William making jokes, like a Trump jr, about spreading Corona. Yeah, these people can fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 437May 17, 2020 5:34 PM

r437, no it applies to both. As you said, their one job is smiling and waving. Everyone likes to pretend the Queen has a lot of power, but she really doesn't. It's all ceremonial. When the topic of Brexit came up, probably the most important issue of British 21st Century, everyone says, "Oh the Queen cannot comment because she is supposed to be above politics." So the head of State can't offer an opinion on Brexit?

by Anonymousreply 438May 17, 2020 5:55 PM

R436, that's completely not true. Her progeny have had fuck all to do while she has been meeting weekly with prime ministers for nearly 70 years, has weathered all kinds of storms both in her fraught and fucked-up family, and with the country at large, and has been THE figurehead for her nation and represented it to every other nation in the world. What she's done has been about more than popping out heirs, especially since her entire conception of duty and obligation requires that she, for her very long life, fulfill what she sees as her role as queen. Her job was far from done when she pushed out Charles.

by Anonymousreply 439May 17, 2020 6:48 PM

R438 - the monarch (and her family) is suppose to stay well away from politics or the appearance of taking sides in any political issue. She has to remain NEUTRAL because she represents ALL the people.

by Anonymousreply 440May 17, 2020 7:00 PM

[quote]the monarch (and her family) is suppose to stay well away from politics or the appearance of taking sides in any political issue.

So let me see if I understand. She meets with the Prime Minister of the country to give her opinion on things like Brexit, but she won't comment about what she has told the PM to do concerning Brexit?

by Anonymousreply 441May 17, 2020 8:14 PM

R441 - the PM's weekly meeting is between the PM and the Queen. Period. They don't just talk about government policy. They talk about the Commonwealth, the military, foreign affairs etc... The Queen doesn't interfere with government business. She can "advise" if asked but she knows her job well.

It's Prince Charles who has found himself in hot water in the past with making his views public or writing letters to ministers. He got his fingers rapped and so he should. He has said that when he's King, it will be different. We shall see if he can keep his mouth shut and remain above the fray.

by Anonymousreply 442May 17, 2020 9:16 PM

[quote]She can "advise"

I still don't understand her role, other than to smile and wave and pretend she is better than everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 443May 17, 2020 9:43 PM

The sovereignty of the United Kingdom is embodied in her person, r443. That can be pretty tough going.

by Anonymousreply 444May 17, 2020 9:46 PM

R443 sounds like the poster who just couldn't understand, after being told 20 times, how to obtain a face mask to wear. She likely "still" doesn't understand. Doh etc.

by Anonymousreply 445May 17, 2020 9:55 PM

R410 we fought a war so we wouldn't have to listen to retarded limey fruitcakes like you.

by Anonymousreply 446May 17, 2020 11:56 PM

R446 Nobody is forcing you to read these threads. Why don't you find a forum where the Revolutionary War is discussed and hang out there?

by Anonymousreply 447May 18, 2020 12:09 AM

This woman has held the same job forever. She doesn’t bitch and moan about her job, and she fucking BRINGS IT every time. I can’t think of anyone aside from my late MIL who is as consistent and stalwart and proper as Queen Elizabeth. It’s not because she’s royal (my MIL was barely middle class), it’s because it’s her character.

by Anonymousreply 448May 18, 2020 12:10 AM

She's had the worst deal of any Monarch since Queen Victoria. She became Queen while still a very young woman and has every detail of her life scrutinized since.

by Anonymousreply 449May 18, 2020 12:40 AM

R449 Speaking of Victoria. I wish that squatty nympho was queen in modern times. She would be far more interesting.

by Anonymousreply 450May 18, 2020 12:43 AM

R450 Fuck off, you nasty loon.

by Anonymousreply 451May 18, 2020 12:47 AM

Hey R451, do you have Prince Albert in the can?

by Anonymousreply 452May 18, 2020 12:39 PM

No, but he's probably up your snatch.

by Anonymousreply 453May 18, 2020 12:42 PM

R453 ha-ha the last time I heard that one, I laughed so hard I fell off my dinosaur.

by Anonymousreply 454May 18, 2020 12:45 PM

R454 More likely you hit your head after stumbling off your trailer porch.

by Anonymousreply 455May 18, 2020 12:54 PM

R455, you always bring your sparkling wit to every situation don't you, you fat disease-ridden slovenly cunt.

by Anonymousreply 456May 18, 2020 1:03 PM

R456 Speak for yourself.

by Anonymousreply 457May 18, 2020 1:04 PM

R445, when people say, "I don't understand," it often means, "I don't agree."

If they don't understand, they need to do their homework again and again until they do understand it.

If they don't agree, they need to make damned sure they really understood that homework before they open their yap.

by Anonymousreply 458May 18, 2020 1:28 PM

[Quote]She became Queen while still a very young woman and has every detail of her life scrutinized since.

And she knew this from the time she was a small child. I watched "The Queen at War" a few weeks ago about her childhood from the time of Edward VIII's abdication through VE day. When she realized what her father's reluctant ascension to the throne meant, she began to pray for a little brother.

by Anonymousreply 459May 18, 2020 7:09 PM

[quote]And she knew this from the time she was a small child.

And her parents should have acted like she was going to be the monarch. Edward ascended to the throne as a single man. Who thought he was going to have time to meet and marry an acceptable woman? Was he like Henry the 8th and have members of his court out scouring the world for a suitable mate? From the moment he ascended, he scorned the position and its protocol. And when Wallis Simpson became more miserable, that was the sign that this was not going to end well.

by Anonymousreply 460May 18, 2020 7:25 PM

[quote]And when Wallis Simpson became more miserable

That should read, when Wallis became more noticable

by Anonymousreply 461May 18, 2020 7:26 PM

The Palace is smart to go the 'never complain, never explain' route with the Sussex book. They know that any real response would just fan the flames of publicity. To shrug and dismiss the whole thing as more soap opera spin by two troublemakers whom the family feels well shut of is the perfect attitude to take.

by Anonymousreply 462May 18, 2020 7:35 PM

R462, they certainly are. Their silence on most of the Sussex mess has served them well. This latest slapdown was perfect.

They’re smart to leave it to Lady Colin Campbell, who can and will get her hands dirty.

by Anonymousreply 463May 18, 2020 8:30 PM

Your post is a non sequitur at best or, worse, ill-informed, Princess Michael, as much of your pointless life.

by Anonymousreply 464May 18, 2020 10:09 PM

R455/R456 Girls! Girls! You're both fat disease-ridden slovenly cunts!

by Anonymousreply 465May 18, 2020 10:43 PM

Royal bump

by Anonymousreply 466May 19, 2020 5:23 PM

What do the Queen's Ladies in Waiting do while she is in confinement?

by Anonymousreply 467May 20, 2020 1:26 AM

Aren't they all rich or equally near retirement age? I'm sure they just chill at home and wait for the Queen to call them for some conversation.

by Anonymousreply 468May 20, 2020 1:38 AM

Most of HM’S LiW are past retirement age, some are rich (or rather, their husbands are), some are living in genteel poverty but all are aristocratic. Interestingly a few have been Americans married into the English aristocracy, e.g. The Countess of Airlie, born in New Jersey, who is the Queen’s senior LiW, since 1973. One assumes that they get on after 47 years.

by Anonymousreply 469May 20, 2020 2:15 AM

It's so odd that a squillionairess like the Countess of Airlee, daughter of ultra-rich industrialist Otto Khan, should be born in New Jersey, but perhaps it was a nicer place back in the 1930's.

by Anonymousreply 470May 20, 2020 2:26 AM

It would be sad if she died (of old age) during quarantine. Dying in exile or seclusion is usually for disgraced monarchs.

Kinda hoping she'll still be Queen 10 years from now.

by Anonymousreply 471May 20, 2020 8:37 AM

Dex and the other racists on here deserve to die in a grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 472May 20, 2020 8:48 AM

R472 I am actually the complete opposite of a racist. You are a stupid fucking cunt. At least I don't douche with industrial strength bleach 10 times a day every day. May someone replace your coke with unscented Ajax powder.

by Anonymousreply 473May 20, 2020 10:53 AM

R470 - New Jersey has a bad rap because mostly people associate it only with Neward and the Turnpike.

New Jersey, especially northern New Jersey and areas like Bergen County, are filled with lovely small towns and beautiful homes with beautiful lawns, huge old trees, etc. It was named the Garden State for a reason. I was surprised myself to visit friends in that area, who have a beautiful home in Norwood, to see how nice the area was.

A little perspective, please.

by Anonymousreply 474May 20, 2020 12:42 PM

^*Newark

by Anonymousreply 475May 20, 2020 12:42 PM

The Queen will quit her royal duties when she’s dead. She’s not a petulant quitter like *some*.

by Anonymousreply 476May 20, 2020 1:55 PM

Praying to all the gods that vile Dex gets covid19 and ends up comatose on a ventilator.

by Anonymousreply 477May 21, 2020 12:40 AM

Spaztastic William isn't going to be king until he's in his 70s, the way it's going. Poor fucker. Harry will be retired, surfing in Malibu in the morning, lazy lunch, sleep in the afternoon.

by Anonymousreply 478May 21, 2020 12:42 AM

Harry will be retired, surfing in Malibu in the morning, lazy lunch, sleep in the afternoon, after rimming Medea's shitter.

Fixed!

by Anonymousreply 479May 21, 2020 1:36 AM

R477 Take your meds. It's extremely unhealthy to be obsessed with some random nobody such as myself that you don't even know.

by Anonymousreply 480May 21, 2020 2:15 AM

Praying to all the gods that beautiful Dex blocks R477, as many of us have, because he won’t have missed a thing.

(I confess I peeked at 477 and it was the same old.)

by Anonymousreply 481May 21, 2020 3:41 AM

Agree that R477 is overboard even for DL. Not interested in your vitriol when there are plenty of people suffering on ventilators. Blocked, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 482May 21, 2020 4:04 AM

Fergies in the shit again. Financial discrepancies. Investigation opened. Now that's grifting. But allowed because she is White. Right? Andrew doesn't pay his bills. But mummy will cover them. But that's not grifting. All within the last few months. Where's the outrage. I forgot snarky comments about the grifting biracial allowed only.

by Anonymousreply 483May 21, 2020 4:06 AM

Are Fergie and Andrew constantly self-promoting like the grifter Markle is r483?

by Anonymousreply 484May 21, 2020 9:08 AM

Are Fergie and Andrew constantly self-promoting like the grifter Markle is r483?

by Anonymousreply 485May 21, 2020 9:08 AM

R477 clearly has never heard of the boomerang effect of karma.

The idea of wishing violent death on people just because they don't like Meghan Markle is so deranged that it beggars description.

Pet, you shouldn't waste your karmic bullets like that. One day, when the next Pol Pot or Idi Amin or Stalin comes along, you'll be out of ammo because you spent them all on a bunch of gay gossips talking about a d-list actress who behaved really badly after being handed a golden ticket to fame, fortune, and lifelong luxury just as she was facing professional oblivion.

But, hey, it's your karma. Dex and Bodgea-Cat and the rest of us will be waiting at the other end of that tunnel to see how it goes as those gods decide where you're going in your next incarnation.

(Hint: it's not Kensington Palace)

by Anonymousreply 486May 21, 2020 11:19 AM

^*Bodega-Cat (apologies for the misspelling)

by Anonymousreply 487May 21, 2020 11:21 AM

R485. Oh, Fergie put herself out there to make some coin - after she and her pig husband buddied up with Epstein, she slowed down, as she was grifting off the sex predator.

by Anonymousreply 488May 21, 2020 11:28 AM

I already blocked her. At least I think it is a woman. I can't be too sure.

by Anonymousreply 489May 21, 2020 11:50 AM

r486 The Karmic bill waiting for these Mstans, all of whom scream for murder, death of children, life destruction and any kind of pain imaginable response to someone making even the mildest comment they don't like.

by Anonymousreply 490May 21, 2020 1:54 PM

I kind of pity them. The basis for their alienation must be more than just the marginalized desperate for someone with whom to identify, when you consider what they put out there when riled.

by Anonymousreply 491May 21, 2020 1:57 PM

Here's one of them in audio. She sounds beyond unhinged. All threats, all the time.

This is probably what our "Klan Grannies Everywhere!" and "MURIEL SHUT THIS THREAD DOWN NOW" troll listens to:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492May 21, 2020 2:03 PM

Anyone who got a bad url notice upon playing the above, just go to "dlist_duchess_tig" on instagram and its the top vid on the pile.

Well worth.

by Anonymousreply 493May 21, 2020 2:11 PM

Y'all are just envious of her because no prince would ever give any of you a second glance.

by Anonymousreply 494May 21, 2020 2:15 PM

You sound exactly like the screeching, angry frau in r492's audio clip, r494.

by Anonymousreply 495May 21, 2020 2:19 PM

Your final Klan Granny thread got paywalled! Let's hope your ventilators are turned off soon.

by Anonymousreply 496May 21, 2020 4:44 PM

R492 sounds like hysterical Twilight fans

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 497May 21, 2020 5:03 PM

R492, oh my. I’ll be watching my back, then, eh? And I’ll certainly leave Jennifer Ghana alone, too.

by Anonymousreply 498May 22, 2020 12:08 PM

Yeah, R494, you're right in that a straight man (say, Prince Harry) would not be interested in any gay man on DL. What insight you have.

by Anonymousreply 499May 22, 2020 12:29 PM

Block her R499. Life is too short for stupidity

by Anonymousreply 500May 22, 2020 12:43 PM

Then why don't you block yourself, R500, you dumb twat?

by Anonymousreply 501May 22, 2020 12:45 PM

R484 No, Fergie and Andy have been doing much worse - money laundering: ripping off investors and avoiding paying tax. These are illegal acts. Goes far beyond the grifting that they have been doing for decades.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 502May 22, 2020 12:58 PM

MURIEL THE FREAKS ARE HERE! SWITCH OFF THEIR VENTILATORS PLEASE

by Anonymousreply 503May 23, 2020 7:07 PM

😆 The last comment before the Muriel! troll was 30 hours ago. Smooth.

by Anonymousreply 504May 23, 2020 7:11 PM

I love the queen, but I wish for her own sake she would retire from active duty. She would never abdicate (everyone assumes she made a promise to her parents back when her father was alive), but she could make Charles the Prince Regent to act in her place. He is more than ready to do it, and it would make sense.

No previous monarch has gone into her or his nineties still on active duty. She has earned a good rest.

by Anonymousreply 505May 23, 2020 7:47 PM

[quote]but she could make Charles the Prince Regent to act in her place.

Maybe wait awhile. He just insulted many British citizens by telling them that if they wanted to work, they could go pick fruit from his vast orchards.

by Anonymousreply 506May 23, 2020 7:51 PM

Charles is a privileged asshole. I wish the motherfucker had died a gruesome Covid-19 death.

by Anonymousreply 507May 23, 2020 7:58 PM

Skipping over to William would not be so bad.

by Anonymousreply 508May 23, 2020 8:40 PM

R508 - that's not the way the line of succession works.

by Anonymousreply 509May 23, 2020 8:41 PM

My husband is the only rational successor and it needs o happen NOW!

by Anonymousreply 510May 23, 2020 8:44 PM

My husband is the only rational successor and it needs o happen NOW!

by Anonymousreply 511May 23, 2020 8:44 PM

Piss off, R509. Read R507 and R508 together. As they appear. If Charles dies from coronavirus. William is next at bat.

by Anonymousreply 512May 23, 2020 8:47 PM

R512 - Charles has already recovered from the virus, so you seem to be a little behind in your royal news. You're also a very angry and ignorant person but that's another story.

by Anonymousreply 513May 23, 2020 8:54 PM

Harry and Meghan ran up a $53 million taxpayer bill in just 2 years says Brit politician

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 514May 23, 2020 8:54 PM

It will be tremendously anticlimactic if she dies in quarantine with no one having seen her in months. After living such a public life it would be a let down for the public and, I imagine, her as well.

by Anonymousreply 515May 23, 2020 8:57 PM

Do we believe this?

[Quote]Since the wedding, Meghan is also said to have amassed a ($731,000) jewelry collection (including items gifted to her by Harry and the Queen), a collection larger than the late Princess Diana’s, including a stunning new diamond ring.”

by Anonymousreply 516May 23, 2020 9:09 PM

If she dies in private it will be a triumph for M15/M16. As has happened before. Tread carefully little girl. Evidently You have no idea what you are dealing with.

as has

by Anonymousreply 517May 23, 2020 9:13 PM

Why wouldn't we, R516?

That article at R514 itemizing all their expenses is pretty damning--damn, you have to admit, that is some world-class grifting!

The best part:

"While the couple is promising to pay when they make money, Baker writes, 'In the deal reached with the Palace, Harry and Meghan have kept their HRH titles but will not "use" them. This is significant as the status provides a mechanism for support — notably financial support from the taxpayer for security — to be provided to them.'”

by Anonymousreply 518May 23, 2020 9:43 PM

And finally:

"It all adds up to a hefty bill the public must pay for a a couple who turned their backs on Britain."

by Anonymousreply 519May 23, 2020 9:45 PM

If Queen Elizabeth dies before Charles, they have a double waiting in the wings. Remember, this is the country that produced multiple sets of the Beatles.

by Anonymousreply 520May 23, 2020 10:06 PM

R516 - "Do we believe this?

Since the wedding, Meghan is also said to have amassed a ($731,000) jewelry collection (including items gifted to her by Harry and the Queen), a collection larger than the late Princess Diana’s, including a stunning new diamond ring.”

No, WE do not. The Queen hasn't given Meghan much of anything, and at least $200,000 of that is Meghan's engagement ring, and the "stunning new diamond ring" is the new diamond shoulders with which she altered her engagement ring. I believe a slim new diamond band is added to the set.

Charles may have given her the Cartier diamond bracelet she wore at her wedding - no one is quite sure, but if he did, that and her engagement ring were the major pieces she got. With how obvious the Sussexes made themselves so early on in the game, it is highly doubtful that the BRF helped fill Meghan's jewellery box with anything from their own collection.

Her husband probably gave her a few really nice presents in gold over the two years they've been married. But the engagement ring and the Cartier bracelet alone would make up that figure.

As for it dwarfing Diana's collection, that is so stupid I'm surprised they even printed it.

They seem to have forgotten the massive sapphire and diamond parure Diana got as wedding presents from Gulf State potentates, the Prince of Wales Feathers diamond brooch, the massive sapphire surrounded by diamonds the Queen Mother gave to Diana as a wedding present, which Diana had set on a five strand pearl choker, her 18CT gold watch . . .

The statement is ludicrous on its face.

by Anonymousreply 521May 23, 2020 10:06 PM

Thank you for answering that, R521. You were more detailed than I could have been. I would add that the jewelry that Meghan merched always looked cheap and more suited for teens and women in their early 20s. I'm thinking of some occasions where she wore multiple rings across her knuckles and some earring sets. After she appeared in public, one of her slavishly devoted fan blogs would "reveal" the name of the company that made them. Inevitably, they were Canadian.

by Anonymousreply 522May 23, 2020 10:21 PM

The jewelry is practically of no consequence considering all the other astronomical expenses.

by Anonymousreply 523May 23, 2020 10:24 PM

[quote]Harry and Meghan are said to be receiving around $2.5 million a year from Prince Charles — who gets his money from the Duchy of Cornwall. All this may seem fine except that Baker writes, “Controversially, Charles is allowed to classify this allowance to Harry as a business expense, which he can set against tax.

From r514's article.

by Anonymousreply 524May 23, 2020 10:32 PM

By my estimation Britain turned their back on them. The way MM was treated in the press was above and beyond the negative treatment received by any other royal family member. Mind boggling when you consider one of the Queen's sons is a pedophile and sex pest and his ginger wife has sold out and embarrassed that family time after time. But let's pick on the mixed race commoner because she had the nerve to be born outside the aristocracy and has opinions. She didn't just smile dumbly and go along with however anyone wanted to treat her, how very dare she!! Give me a break. First the public can't wait to get rid of her and now the public complains because she finally took their advice and left. I so feel for them, they can't win no matter what they do.

by Anonymousreply 525May 23, 2020 11:22 PM

They were mean to me! Has anyone asked if I'm okay? I just wanted to revolutionize the old fashioned monarchy in order to update it for modern times, but those old fashioned RACISTS wouldn't let me. I am the innocent victim here. It's all about me!!!

by Anonymousreply 526May 23, 2020 11:37 PM

R525, who ties your shoes for you?

by Anonymousreply 527May 23, 2020 11:50 PM

LOVE You R525 - great to see you fight the vile racist bitches here in such an articulate way.

by Anonymousreply 528May 24, 2020 12:18 AM

Articulate? That was so subjective and selective it’s laughable. But your mind is evidently closed so enough of that.

by Anonymousreply 529May 24, 2020 12:29 AM

Oh, for fuck's sake. He's a prince. Not a prisoner. He didn't ask to be a prince. It was all just foisted off on him. He did not "run up" a $53 million dollar taxpayer bill. There were other officials on the other side of any agreements made. But the fact remains that the British public and the British media did not respect them or treat them fairly. So of course they left. And good riddance to all they left behind.

Leave him be to live his life in peace and quiet.

by Anonymousreply 530May 24, 2020 12:37 AM

LOL Yeah, peace and quiet is just what the Sussexes want. That's why they wrote the book. And why they trademarked Sussex Royal a hot minute after getting married. And why the Duchess is demanding A-list movie role. And since poor, poor Prince Henry had royalty foisted on him, one would think he would have a bit more appreciate for all of the advantages his status has afforded him.

by Anonymousreply 531May 24, 2020 12:49 AM

If they had not trademarked "Sussex Royal," someone else would have. And Big Liz would have NO way to stop that merch from hitting market, unless she paid a ransom.

by Anonymousreply 532May 24, 2020 1:19 AM

R525, Harry and Meghan won by leaving the whole sorry mess behind them.

by Anonymousreply 533May 24, 2020 1:20 AM

[quote]But the fact remains that the British public and the British media did not respect them or treat them fairly.

That's not true at all. The British public was very enthusiastic about Harry and Megan's wedding. Many watched it and were interested in it.

The British press has always been nasty. Sarah Feguson was called the Duchess of Pork. There have been comments about how ugly the York girls are and how ridiculous their hats are. If you watch the show "The Windsors" it's a comic look at the Royal Family and part of what makes it so funny is that they target everything that's been said on these boards. Charles is stupid, Camilla runs the show, the York sisters are lazy and speak with vocal fry, William is pompous, Harry is stupid, Sarah is a grifter, it's all skewered on that show.

The fact is that Miss Meghan and Harry want to be able to be public figures and act however they want to act but they want to silence anyone who says anything negative about them.

by Anonymousreply 534May 24, 2020 1:30 AM

Ok Meghan loonies invasion. Time to paywall and shut down.

They ruin every BRF related thread.

Damn them.

by Anonymousreply 535May 24, 2020 1:38 AM

Loonies are liars, and poor ones at that. Shoo insect loonies, shoo!

by Anonymousreply 536May 24, 2020 2:54 PM

NEW THREAD

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 537May 24, 2020 3:09 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538May 24, 2020 3:32 PM

Oh my sides, R525!!!

by Anonymousreply 539May 24, 2020 4:15 PM

Not the 93 year old Oh My Sides Troll.

I thought they'd switched off your ventilator, Klan Gran.

by Anonymousreply 540May 24, 2020 4:19 PM

R540 is our favorite Me-Again troll! Where've you been, hunty?

by Anonymousreply 541May 24, 2020 4:20 PM

Sophie is the favorite of HM's daughters in law. She just buries her head and does her job and HM really appreciates that. in addition, Sophie loves military history, a favorite hobby of HM, and they are known to spend hours together going through the military annals in the libraries of Windsor Castle and Buckingham Palace.

Never mind that part of her job is being a beard for HM's youngest son, HM knows and appreciates that too.

by Anonymousreply 542May 24, 2020 4:36 PM

[QUOTE]Never mind that part of her job is being a beard for HM's youngest son, HM knows and appreciates that too.

Oh my sides! The Welp Troll is back! You think Meghan is a beard too, don't you honey? Better up your Lithium dose.

by Anonymousreply 543May 24, 2020 4:39 PM

Sophie and Edward appear to really like and respect each other and and work well together as parents. I'm not sure how far beyond that their relationship goes. And I don't care.

by Anonymousreply 544May 24, 2020 4:46 PM

Out of all of Liz's kids, Edward was the one that had the strongest poof rumors.

by Anonymousreply 545May 24, 2020 4:48 PM

This disappoints one because one will do miss one’s weekly in-face meet-ups with Lisbett.

by Anonymousreply 546May 24, 2020 4:56 PM

Huh, R546?

by Anonymousreply 547May 24, 2020 4:58 PM

Somebody's day drinking...

by Anonymousreply 548May 24, 2020 6:17 PM

She’s steady. She’s not going anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 549May 24, 2020 7:42 PM

They are going to pump her full of Covid 19 plasma products and she will be out and about soon enough. Her gloves will be noticeably thicker and longer, and her glasses will be replaced with tasteful wrap around safety frames.

by Anonymousreply 550May 25, 2020 9:11 AM

F507 - Oh, ffs - with all the truly evil men in the world causing death and destruction, and you waste a bullet like that on that doddering idiot?!

by Anonymousreply 551May 25, 2020 12:38 PM

^*R507

by Anonymousreply 552May 25, 2020 12:38 PM

Lillibet's probably enjoying the lockdown. She's likely putting her feet up and thinking, "So this is what retirement is like. Maybe Phil and I will go on a cruise. Then again maybe not..."

I'm not particularly a fan of royalty, but surely Her Maj has done more than her fair share of duties as monarch already. The woman is 94 years old, for God's sake. Let her enjoy the final decade or two of her life.

by Anonymousreply 553May 25, 2020 1:16 PM

On the contrary, I'll bet she's hating it, r553. This is a woman who has devoted her entire life to public duty, who tamped down every emotion she ever had, every day of her life, in order to be a better at her job and not let her people down. She apparently mourned Churchill's retirement way back by saying that she couldn't imagine having to give up the job since one's whole life was moulded to the job. That was when she was in her 30's.

by Anonymousreply 554May 25, 2020 1:34 PM

Somebody should visit her during the night with a wet cloth, she's old she won't struggle much. It was the old heart that gave out.

by Anonymousreply 555May 26, 2020 6:34 PM

Butt-hurt Zionist troll espousing murder=R555.

by Anonymousreply 556May 26, 2020 7:25 PM

[quote]Somebody should visit her during the night with a wet cloth, she's old she won't struggle much. It was the old heart that gave out.

Shame on you, Camilla. Are you in that much of a hurry to show the world that a courtesan really can become royalty?

by Anonymousreply 557May 26, 2020 8:06 PM

Oops--wrong thread.

by Anonymousreply 558May 26, 2020 8:19 PM

R555 - ". . . she's old she won't struggle much"

Don't bet on it. She's still out riding at Windsor.

by Anonymousreply 559May 26, 2020 8:30 PM

Riding on a pony. Her doctors forbid her riding horses several years ago.

by Anonymousreply 560May 26, 2020 9:18 PM

Bullshit, R560.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 561May 26, 2020 9:41 PM

Another...RIDING LIKE THE BOSS SHE IS AT 92, the headline proclaims.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 562May 26, 2020 9:42 PM

That looks like a pony to me, r561.

by Anonymousreply 563May 26, 2020 9:47 PM

It's a pony, you dipshits. She only rides ponies now! Are you going to believe what the photo captions say or what your eyes can actually see?

by Anonymousreply 564May 26, 2020 10:04 PM

My gran couldn't ride a trike at 94.

She's out riding, pony or horse, who cares?

The woman is far from dead.

by Anonymousreply 565May 26, 2020 10:10 PM

by Anonymousreply 566May 26, 2020 10:10 PM

by Anonymousreply 567May 26, 2020 10:10 PM

In R562 the horse she's riding looks the same size as his. Are they both riding ponies?

Anyway, fuck you R564, you carwash cunt.

by Anonymousreply 568May 26, 2020 10:10 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 569May 26, 2020 10:11 PM

R557: "You did, Val."

by Anonymousreply 570May 26, 2020 10:12 PM

At any rate, they didn't "forbid" her from riding horses. They can't her "forbid" her from doing or not doing anything.

by Anonymousreply 571May 26, 2020 10:18 PM

"If we so much as see you sitting on top of a horse, Your Majesty, we're going to...."

Crickets.

You don't tell a Queen what to do. You queens outghta know that.

by Anonymousreply 572May 26, 2020 10:21 PM

OK. the Royal Physicians have advised HM strongly to ride only ponies now and she has always followed their advice. How do you think she got to be 94 in such good health?

by Anonymousreply 573May 26, 2020 10:26 PM

[quote][R557]: "You did, Val." —The Duchess of Cornwall and future Queen Camilla

Excuse me? I had more royal blood in me than those low-rent Windsors.

by Anonymousreply 574May 26, 2020 10:38 PM

Sure, she follows their advice, R573. She's practical if nothing else.

by Anonymousreply 575May 26, 2020 10:59 PM

The size she is now, a pony is a horse.

by Anonymousreply 576May 26, 2020 11:00 PM

The Queen is riding a black pony. It's height is under 14.2 hands; therefore it is a pony.

by Anonymousreply 577May 26, 2020 11:10 PM

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Let's see what you're riding at 94, R577.

by Anonymousreply 578May 26, 2020 11:12 PM

Lest we forget, long before there was Me-Again...

PrinCESS Michael's father was a Nazi party member and an Army officer during the Second World War. In fact, her father had not only been a member of the Nazi party but had also been in the SS, where he held the rank of Sturmbannfuhrer or "Assault Unit Leader" during the Second World War. After their divorce her mother moved to Australia, worked as a hairdresser and the original "Princess Pushy" grew up over the shop.

She was accorded the style and title of Her Royal Highness Princess Michael of Kent, the female equivalent to her husband's title: [bold]not being of royal birth,[/bold] she is therefore not titled Princess Marie Christine.

She's also haughty, gaffe prone (she once complained "The English distrust foreigners, they think the wogs begin at Calais"), and has been linked to other men. Princess Anne first dubbed her 'Princess Pushy' and the Queen once remarked mischievously to her husband's uncle, Lord Mountbatten 'that she sounds a bit grand to us.' Princess Margaret's son was said when asked what he would wish on his worst enemy, 'Dinner with Princess Michael of Kent.' The media have dubbed her half of the "Rent-a-Kents," for their habit of turning up at the opening of an envelope.

Her most famous moment stuffing those size 11 shoes in her mouth came in 2004 while dining at Da Silvano, a restaurant much favored by celebrities in Greenwich Village. Objecting to the noise level at a table of black diners near hers, she first slammed her hand down on their table and allegedly told them to "Get back to the colonies," as she and her party were moved to another table. One of the women at the table, Nicole Young confronted the Princess about her remark. Prince Michael is reported to have replied "I did not say 'back to the colonies' - I said 'you should remember the colonies.' Back in the days of the colonies there were rules that were very good. You think about it. Just think about it." The New York Post reported that the diners thought that the remark was racist. Da Silvano owner Silvano Marchetto, whose restaurant closed after 41 years in 2016, later apologized to the black diners for the princess's behavior. "The phrase was trying to be funny but it wasn't so funny, maybe," he said. "If someone told me to go back to Italy, I would be offended, too." "Royal Bigot", screamed a NYC tabloid, describing the incident as "Pushy Princess Rage" and labeling her the House of Windsor's "equivalent to trailer trash".

In September 2005, she was caught on tape complaining about the Royal Family after a News of the World reporter pretended to be a sheik and gained her confidence while pretending to be a buyer for her home.

While most of Princess Michael of Kent's revelations were pretty harmless (calling Princess Diana a 'nasty' and 'bitter' woman, who had been married merely as a 'womb'), it was her defense of Prince Harry for wearing the Swastika that really raised eyebrows. "But I believe that if he had been wearing the Hammer and Sickle there wouldn't have been so much fuss made."

Princess Michael has a reputation for being someone who cultivates people who can and are willing to be generous in order to have a royal at their table (hence the nickname 'Rent-A-Kents').

Rumors about Princess Michael of Kent's marriage to Prince Michael started almost as soon as they were married. In 1985, she was seen leaving the apartment of Texas oil millionaire J. Ward Hunt wearing a rather tragic red wig, and there were rumors of her canoodling in a New York movie theater with Senator John Warner, ex-husband of Elizabeth Taylor.

The blackamoor brooch was just one of the more recent offenses to good taste, no doubt reflective of her noble upbringing.

by Anonymousreply 579May 26, 2020 11:19 PM

R579 - You left out one thing:

She makes great copy.

by Anonymousreply 580May 26, 2020 11:30 PM

My grandmother was Princess Hedwig von Windisch-Graetz. I can trace my noble ancestry back to the 13th Century.

by Anonymousreply 581May 27, 2020 12:15 AM

Such a young ancestry, PrinCESS Michael.

by Anonymousreply 582May 27, 2020 12:40 AM

Datalounge is much more enjoyable now that I've blocked my psycho stalker and the idiot who thinks The Queen is merely a socialite.

I really do hope this all blows over soon. I can't imagine us all being indoors 99% of the time for the next 2 1/2 years.

by Anonymousreply 583May 27, 2020 12:59 AM

R583 - Amen.

by Anonymousreply 584May 27, 2020 12:39 PM

The Queen has returned! She attended a mini Trooping The Colour ceremony at Windsor Castle. Here is a video of the hightlights.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 585June 13, 2020 4:49 PM

Swipe for more of the Trooping parade.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586June 13, 2020 4:50 PM

She looked lovely.

by Anonymousreply 587June 13, 2020 5:32 PM

Sad. Isn't this normally a wonderful display of horsemanship and pageantry?

Now, an old stooped lady looking at a handful of troops trudging in the dirt.

by Anonymousreply 588June 13, 2020 5:38 PM

I can't seem to find the BRF gossip thread so I'll post this video of Kate and kindness here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 589June 17, 2020 2:32 PM

It's Tiara Time...here is the Burmese Ruby Tiara.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 590June 17, 2020 2:39 PM

Kate as a man is kind of cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 591June 17, 2020 2:42 PM

Here's another one of Kate as a man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 592June 17, 2020 2:46 PM

Swipe for Will as a woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 593June 17, 2020 2:47 PM

At least Megan has had the good sense to stop Jessica from riding her coattails.

Poof...begone **waives royal scepter**

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 594June 17, 2020 8:53 PM

Yes, thank goodness ME! isn't the type to ride on anyone's coattails .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 595June 17, 2020 9:07 PM

Thank god someone revived this thread!!

by Anonymousreply 596June 17, 2020 9:08 PM

Thank god someone revived this thread!!

by Anonymousreply 597June 17, 2020 9:08 PM

A few weeks after Archie was born, Jess brought her daughter Ivy to visit. The DM article about it was hilariously shady. They mention that the nonstop flight from Canada was eight hours, and implied that the visit was cut short. There were many photos (from JM herself) that show JM and the kid doing all sorts of activities that *weren’t* Visiting The BFF and Her Baby. It came off that JM flew 16 hours for a weekend trip where she didn’t even spend any time with her BFF and new baby.

by Anonymousreply 598June 17, 2020 9:19 PM

Bitch please, Jessica was turned away at the gate.

by Anonymousreply 599June 17, 2020 9:25 PM

I don't believe that Sparkles "had the good sense to stop Jessica from riding her coattails." What coattails? Watch your back Muggins, Jess knows everything you've been up to, is shrewd, and your court case is coming up, something she might have some specific info about.

This Post "story" is smeared with SS excrement.

by Anonymousreply 600June 17, 2020 9:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!