Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Rumours by Fleetwood Mac is very slick

I listened to the whole album and it's technically perfect - the vocals, the guitar, the harmonies, the songwriting. It turned me off to an extent. Break The Chain actually annoyed me. With the exception of the Christine McVie contributions, it is oddly soulless.

Please don't kill me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 10, 2020 10:27 PM

You are dead to me, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1May 10, 2020 8:56 PM

It's okay. You're entitled to your opinion.

Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 2May 10, 2020 8:56 PM

Someone needs to be kicked in the cuntbone!

by Anonymousreply 3May 10, 2020 8:58 PM

Wow, seriously?

by Anonymousreply 4May 10, 2020 9:00 PM

It’s always been good easy listening. I’ve never been obsessed with it like other people. I also hold unpopular opinions regarding Nicks’ voice.

by Anonymousreply 5May 10, 2020 9:01 PM

Agreed. Stevie's voice is very overrated. Fleetwood Mac is a talented band with songs that have been played to death on the radio. It's like Thriller where I don't even remember if the songs sounded good originally or not since I"ve heard them too many damn times.

by Anonymousreply 6May 10, 2020 9:06 PM

"If I could, baby I'd give you my world..."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 10, 2020 9:10 PM

Of course it's easy to disparage it now. At the time it was heralded as something special. On first listen I didn't think much of it when compared to the previous release. I thought 'Dreams' was absolutely phoned in.

by Anonymousreply 8May 10, 2020 9:14 PM

RUMOURS was the first cassette and then later the first CD I ever purchased.

OP, have you only just listened to the album in 2020?

by Anonymousreply 9May 10, 2020 9:29 PM

R6 is spot on. There comes a point of such over saturation that pop masterpieces like Thriller and Rumours become their own versions of Muzak. I love Fleetwood Mac, but I can really only listen to their deep cuts at this point. Think non-singles from Tusk, Mirage and the “White” album. Warm Ways, It’s Alright, Over and Over, Oh Diane, Honey Hi, etc.

by Anonymousreply 10May 10, 2020 10:03 PM

What's wrong with being a well produced record? At any rate, "Rumours" is a good album. My favorite Fleetwood Mac song has always been "You Can Go Your Own Way." I thought it was better than anything by Stevie Nicks and Christine McVie.

by Anonymousreply 11May 10, 2020 10:09 PM

Rumours is an iconic album, but it has suffered from over exposure. Massive sales, along with constant radio airplay for years and years starting in 1977, has really made some of the songs seem dry and uninteresting today. I remember hearing it back in the late 70s and a lot of it was very fresh and interesting. They should’ve resequenced it and taken a couple songs out and replaced those with Planets of the Universe and Silver Springs.

by Anonymousreply 12May 10, 2020 10:27 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!