Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What's the best way to dig up dirt on someone?

Paid or free. I have do to some ... research. If you hoes want details I'll explain in the thread. It's disgusting and funny at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 127May 24, 2020 3:40 AM

Google and social media reign supreme. Pipl used to be the best but now you have to register to search.

So what's the story?

by Anonymousreply 1May 9, 2020 10:13 PM

There was a thread about this a few months ago, OP. I'd look that up first because it had some good suggestions.

by Anonymousreply 2May 9, 2020 10:15 PM

R2 - what was the thread called?

by Anonymousreply 3May 9, 2020 10:16 PM

OP there are some legal restrictions to do check ups on people for a job or rental housing so if either of those are involved be careful.

by Anonymousreply 4May 9, 2020 10:17 PM

Dig through their trash Hide in the bushes outside their home Hack into their Facebook Wiretap their home.....

by Anonymousreply 5May 9, 2020 10:18 PM

My curiosity is piqued. What did he do?

by Anonymousreply 6May 9, 2020 10:19 PM

That's a very good question, r3. I can't recall but it would be worth the effort to locate it - it got quite a few "interesting" responses.

by Anonymousreply 7May 9, 2020 10:19 PM

R7 - I will look it up but the freaks I dateed in the past avoid social media. Wonder if it works with people outside the US

by Anonymousreply 8May 9, 2020 10:21 PM

Pay a PI for a “background check”. $75-250 depending. You’ll know every fucking detail.

by Anonymousreply 9May 9, 2020 10:32 PM

I have always wanted to "dig up dirt" on people I hate. In the end, I back down on it. Just me, but I feel it will cause me bad luck. I'm atheist and not superstitious, and don't believe in karma (the real meaning and/or the pop culture meaning).

However, if I were going to do this, I would make a list of what states / counties this person lived in. Then, I would get links to the state's / county's court record (both civil and criminal) websites. Civil is important because you can find out about TROs, foreclosures, deadbeat stuff like landlord/tenant cases, etc.

Be aware that there will be certain cases in federal court (won't pop up on a state court search). E.g., bankruptcies, federal crimes, etc. I'm not familiar with doing case searches for federal stuff.

by Anonymousreply 10May 9, 2020 10:49 PM

Use PACER for federal searches, including bankruptcy

by Anonymousreply 11May 9, 2020 10:54 PM

I used Radaris for a one-time search. I was looking for address, phone number, email -- any way I could get in touch with this person. The person I was looking for was a former military/government employee so I knew his information wouldn't be 'public.' The Radaris report gave a lot of information, plus it helped me find other sites to search. I found what I wanted.

by Anonymousreply 12May 9, 2020 10:57 PM

If you're talking actual dirt, OP, it's usually just lying there on the surface. In the case of someone who's screwed other people over, their victims will usually be more than happy to fill you in and point out any evidence or leads for you to follow up.

If you just want to smear somebody, just make something up. People will be more likely to believe a well-made story than the truth anyway.

My advice is move on and don't get involved in trying to ruin somebody's life. If they deserve it, their misdeeds will catch up with them. If they don't deserve it, just leave them the fuck alone.

by Anonymousreply 13May 9, 2020 10:58 PM

Can you help me find a guy named Al Torres? Might have graduated from a college in either Michigan or Minnesota in 1993, lived in Queens NY previously attended Stony Brook university in Long Island. Worked in finance, maybe for one of the big banks like Citi bank.

asking for a friend

by Anonymousreply 14May 9, 2020 11:01 PM

R14 Al died two years ago in a grease fire. Sorry for your loss.

by Anonymousreply 15May 9, 2020 11:04 PM

There is this super irritating woman I know who always had a bunny boiler vibe about her.

One of the first conversations I had with her, she asked me what I do for a living. I told her. She then— in a very agitated, pressured speech way— blurted our, “oh, my dad does that too.” I said “What’s your dads name, I probably know him (not that many people in the profession.)” then she got all squirrelly and mumbled something about him living in another state. It was weird.

I also noticed she didn’t list her maiden name on Facebook, which is always a bit of a red flag to me.

I did one of those “People Search” background searches for her and it turns out she did not go to the high school she claims to have gone to. She also has an arrest from 2001, but I wasn’t able to tell what it’s for.

The most interesting thing is shortly after I did this search, she added her maiden name to her Facebook profile and added her “real” high school to her profile. It was very weird.

by Anonymousreply 16May 9, 2020 11:04 PM

A shovel comes to mind.

by Anonymousreply 17May 9, 2020 11:09 PM

Private investigators are relatively cheap. They can find anything.

by Anonymousreply 18May 9, 2020 11:10 PM

'Can you help me find a guy named Al Torres? Might have graduated from a college in either Michigan or Minnesota in 1993, lived in Queens NY previously attended Stony Brook university in Long Island. Worked in finance, maybe for one of the big banks like Citi bank.'

He died in 9/11

by Anonymousreply 19May 9, 2020 11:11 PM

He’s living in Vegas now r14 he owns a strip club

by Anonymousreply 20May 9, 2020 11:13 PM

Please op tell us your story

by Anonymousreply 21May 9, 2020 11:17 PM

It's not really dirt, but I was surprised how much personal info you can find on the internet. The address via voter records (if the person lives in the right state), property records of their houses (mortgages etc), past addresses and family members, relatives, spouses and their current locations etc., past jobs, universities they attended and entire CVs often via linkedin, criminal records, weekly or yearly salary if the person works for a university, federal government etc.

by Anonymousreply 22May 9, 2020 11:24 PM

Online court records searches are the best. But, it depends if it's free to search in your state. Some states charge, but it's worth it if you have a feeling that someone is shady or has some kind of record.

I live in a state that doesn't charge to do online court searches. Ten years ago, a friend cut off contact with her toxic mother and stepfather. The mother was threatening to take my friend to court so she could get visitations with my friend's kids under some kind of grandparents' rights law. My friend did court record searches on her stepfather, prior to that she knew that he had a couple of DUIs on his record. Well, when she did a full records search she came across a child abuse charge on his record, and an unpaid child support case. The next time that her mom threatened to take her to court, my friend told her that she had printouts and screenshots of the stepfather's child abuse and child support cases. Her mom backed off after that.

by Anonymousreply 23May 9, 2020 11:51 PM

R4, R6, R13, et al., OP again, with details.

We have a neighbor, let's call him Ronnie. He claims to be an MD working at the VA. He used this status to insinuate himself onto a city police committee. He is also now in our local block watch. I always thought he was a blowhard, too into himself, too many stories. Since I didn't have to deal with him directly, I ignored him as much as possible.

A few weeks ago I caught him sniffing my underwear in the laundry room hamper. He claimed he was picking them up off the floor. Again, I ignored because I want to limit my interactions with a weirdo. My roommate thought I was making shit up. And now he's on another 2 professional boards with my roommate, so he's around a lot these days. He's always trying to get me to drink and smoke weed with him. Occasionally I feel I must in order to maintain civility.

On Monday a neighbor stopped by. She's elderly and disabled, in her 70s. Ronnie has been helping her out with transportation and errands. She told me he has stolen from her twice now. The first time she thought it was a misunderstanding, but the second time, he took her debit card and withdrew $40. The bank showed her his image from the security camera. She doesn't know what to do and doesn't want to press charges. During these COVID times, the police will probably do little to nothing anyway, because they're only prosecuting felonies at this time. For some stupid reason she's still having him do errands for her.

I have long suspected Ronnie is using meth. He displays many of the signs, although he is better than many at keeping them under wraps. But there are occasional lapses of judgement that are apparent in his speech, behavior (underwear sniffing), etc. We have another neighbor and they are hanging out together a lot. I suspect she's using with him.

My roommate and I need hard evidence of who this man is and his background in order to tell him to get lost, and to contact the police and let them know they have a faker on block watch and the other committee. My partner says he can't find anything online based on Ronnie's 2 phone numbers (he has two cellphones), and can't find his name online either. We know where he lives and nothing comes up on an address search either.

Q1: How do you look up a VA doc to see if he's for real? Of course VA docs aren't listed in the state MD board list.

by Anonymousreply 24May 10, 2020 12:27 AM

I'd like to know how to find out if a divorce went through.

I've long been interested in this guy. We never had a thing because he was married (He's gay). We lost track of each other but I heard he's been going through a divorce. I did one of those internet searches & it said a divorce case was filed.

I want to know who did the filing- him or his husband. I'd also like to know when it was initiated & if it's been finalized. We live in California if that helps.

by Anonymousreply 25May 10, 2020 12:29 AM

[QUOTE] few weeks ago I caught him sniffing my underwear in the laundry room hamper

I don’t understand this part, you say he’s part of a block watch which makes it sound like you live on a block. Yet you don’t have a washing machine? You have a community place where you leave your clothes in a hamper?

this is 0/10 until we get some better details, this sounds fishy already

by Anonymousreply 26May 10, 2020 12:54 AM

He lives in a minimum security prison block.

by Anonymousreply 27May 10, 2020 1:01 AM

Go outside and scratch in your yard.

by Anonymousreply 28May 10, 2020 1:02 AM

STFU bitch R26. He was sniffing the hamper in my laundry room, at my house, while visiting my roommate, doing their block watch thing.

Block watch covers any area that block watch wants to. In our case, it is several blocks in a gated community. I don't do block watch in any case. I'm pretty much a bystander here, save the underwear. I mentioned it because that's when I started to get very suspicious of him.

With sufficient evidence, I'm going to tell Ronnie to stay away from me and my home. Without evidence, that will not be easy to do and will create drama. I need enough proof he's a phony that he will not be able to meth-explain it away.

by Anonymousreply 29May 10, 2020 1:02 AM

26 replies to nail this as an EST. We are slipping, bitches.

...let's call him "Ronnie"...

Sure...

by Anonymousreply 30May 10, 2020 1:03 AM

R25 It depends on where you live. Some states will list the person who filed for divorce as the "petitioner" and the other person as a "respondent". It might show something like "final decree" when it's finalized or "petition withdrawn" if there is a reconciliation and the petitioner asks for the proceedings to end.

by Anonymousreply 31May 10, 2020 1:07 AM

Hey I'd really like some help here, Poo Shoes. Go the fuck away if you don't like it and start some more racist Markle threads.

Anybody have any actual names of sites where I can research him? General internet searches are turning up nothing. I don't mind paying. No, I don't want to involve a PI at this time.

And yes I used a fake name for him.

by Anonymousreply 32May 10, 2020 1:09 AM

I’m still waiting for some 411 on Al Torres, you lazy bitches

by Anonymousreply 33May 10, 2020 1:13 AM

Somebody else in this thread said he died in a grease fire, R33. I'm sorry for your loss.

by Anonymousreply 34May 10, 2020 1:14 AM

Why even use a fake name? Just "there's this guy" works fine. People fuck it up when there is too much detail (Ronnie has two cell phones), and of course the usual "salacious" detail randomly thrown in (underwear sniffing--how quaint!). Also, "the police" are certainly not only prosecuting felonies at this time.

by Anonymousreply 35May 10, 2020 1:18 AM

R31

But where do I find that info?

by Anonymousreply 36May 10, 2020 1:19 AM

[quote]I’m still waiting for some 411 on Al Torres, you lazy bitches.

He's fine. He sends his love.

by Anonymousreply 37May 10, 2020 1:21 AM

[quote] There is this super irritating woman I know who always had a bunny boiler vibe about her.

This is the type of person I try to avoid completely.

by Anonymousreply 38May 10, 2020 1:26 AM

[quote] I caught him sniffing my underwear in the laundry room hamper.

didn't happen but okay

by Anonymousreply 39May 10, 2020 1:29 AM

was Ronnie sniffing the crotch or the ass part?

by Anonymousreply 40May 10, 2020 1:31 AM

[quote] STFU bitch [R26]. He was sniffing the hamper in my laundry room, at my house, while visiting my roommate, doing their block watch thing.

Ahhhh, now the stupid comes out. Total EST. Nice try at first, though. You've lost the plot. You've got to stay on top of these things, OP. You've derailed - good try, though. I'll give this a 3 out of 10.

by Anonymousreply 41May 10, 2020 1:33 AM

You had me for a minute, OP. ESTs always start to derail and provide weird detail, thinking they're making it sound more realistic. Sorry, that didn't work.

by Anonymousreply 42May 10, 2020 1:35 AM

Why does OP need to dig up dirt anyway? If you dont like this shady motherfucker, who was also stealing money from his neighbour's private account, just tell him to stay away from your home and friends or you will tell people he's a criminal who's stealing money from elderly people. But OP instead invites him to his home and smoked weed with that person. FAKE!

by Anonymousreply 43May 10, 2020 1:39 AM

OP How did he know the underwear was distinctly yours, assuming you all share a hamper? If you don't share a single hamper, how'd Ronnie distinguish your hamper from the others in bird dogging out your European cut , skid marked thongs ? If you want to know if he's a VA doc, call the facility and try to make an appt with him! DUH!

by Anonymousreply 44May 10, 2020 1:39 AM

If you say so, R39, and your 2 sockpuppets you used to upvote your own posts, fetid skag.

by Anonymousreply 45May 10, 2020 1:46 AM

R45 bless your heart

by Anonymousreply 46May 10, 2020 1:49 AM

A few years ago I had an issue with a landlord who screwed me out of my security deposit. He was such a shady fucker. After I moved out he ignored the certified letters I sent him asking for my money back. I told a lawyer friend about it and we looked the guy up in the state's legal database. Turns out the asshole had all kinds of tax liens and creditors who filed claims or whatever against him for not paying his bills. He ran a business and didn't pay vendors or pay his credit cards, that kind of stuff. My friend said it wasn't worth pursuing a case against him because I'd have to get in line behind all of the other people he ripped off and the chances I'd see any money were next to nothing.

Anyway, the point is that the info is out there. At least it was in my state. I was surprised just anyone could look someone up and find all of that kind of information. There were even notes from process servers about how he evaded their attempts at serving him with papers. It was all pretty detailed. I wish I knew the info was out there before I moved in to one of his places.

by Anonymousreply 47May 10, 2020 1:57 AM

R47, I wish you had used "Anywho" rather than "Anyway".

by Anonymousreply 48May 10, 2020 2:01 AM

I wish you'd spelled it 'anyhoo' instead of 'anywho'

by Anonymousreply 49May 10, 2020 2:13 AM

Who wants to parTy, Muthafuckas!!!???!!!!

by Anonymousreply 50May 10, 2020 2:18 AM

I DO!!!

by Anonymousreply 51May 10, 2020 2:22 AM

OP who are you really trying to dig up info on?

by Anonymousreply 52May 10, 2020 2:23 AM

I just called a former colleague who works at Centene. She's going to try to look him up through their credentialing database, but she said she can't give me any information on paper due to work rules.

While I was on the phone, my roommate tells me "You know Ronnie is his middle name, right?" No I didn't. I asked what his first name is, and he said, I don't know.

by Anonymousreply 53May 10, 2020 2:24 AM

Most people with a middle name of Ronnie have a first name of Wayne. Just sayin....

by Anonymousreply 54May 10, 2020 2:28 AM

I've found a lot of information about my relatives on ancestry.com. Copies of marriage license applications, copies of divorce filings. Sometimes even school yearbook photos (from way back)!

by Anonymousreply 55May 10, 2020 2:34 AM

Who the fuck needs a block watch in a gated community?

by Anonymousreply 56May 10, 2020 2:34 AM

R14, Al Torres became "The Ambassador of Salsa." Sadly, Al passed away on May 25, 2017.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57May 10, 2020 2:38 AM

It is gated, but the gates are open, because several residents bitched about locked gates. Yes, it's stupid, but there you go.

One cool thing about block watch is that if you set one up, many cities have federal grant money they can give you to do improvements in your neighborhood. We're getting some of that cash in the fall. Some speed bumps and additional lighting.

by Anonymousreply 58May 10, 2020 2:41 AM

You're gonna regret the speed bumps !

by Anonymousreply 59May 10, 2020 2:43 AM

If it's not illegal in your area, install a hidden camera in the laundry room, install a fresh pair of briefs over the edge of the hamper, and invite the guy back into your house.

by Anonymousreply 60May 10, 2020 2:43 AM

He doesn't want FRESH briefs !! What kinda non-pervert are you ?

by Anonymousreply 61May 10, 2020 2:47 AM

It should be easy to look up "Ronnie's" medical license & if he has been disciplined for any infractions or had malpractice cases against him. I have found that online.

by Anonymousreply 62May 10, 2020 3:21 AM

R62, see R53. I talked to her this morning. I work in insurance admin business. But I don't do credentialing. She does. She provided me with a lot of resources and granular detail about researching MD licenses, which I will share in a subsequent post here. This might come in handy for somebody else.

by Anonymousreply 63May 10, 2020 6:53 PM

Here's what she told me.

The VA has a database of their medical providers at accesstocare dot VA dot gov. But she says it's not updated frequently. Since my doc-in-question (supposedly) finished his residency last fall/winter, she thinks he may not be entered in their database yet.

She said that the best place to start searching a mystery doctor is to look at the board list for the state s/he graduated in, in my case, Texas. I've since learned that Texas's database is messy and the name I have is common, leading to long lists of results, and you have to click on each one to get any details. I'm working on it, nothing yet.

My old workfriend has access to professional databases, which are really background checkers plus credentialing combined. These are limited to verified corporate subscribers and have high fees. I was surprised at how locked down they are and how many restrictions there are on searches and results for privacy reasons. She said she can't provide me with anything on paper from these databases, as everything is logged, they pay per printed report, and she doesn't want to risk getting in trouble. Some of the databases are with the NCQA, the FSMB, and the CAQH which she uses at work.

Her biggest credentialing headache is rural clinics hiring undocumented physicians, a fair number of whom are not licensed or have compromised licenses. Her employer gets insurance claims from physicians they can't verify exist sometimes, let alone verify credentials for. This is especially true on native american reservations.

She's going to look and give me a call Monday.

by Anonymousreply 64May 10, 2020 9:11 PM

Does anyone know if the will of a deceased person is public information? I believe I might have been left something in a friend’s will, but her son was the executor and I think he might have purposely ignored my inclusion.

Any insights appreciated.

by Anonymousreply 65May 10, 2020 9:23 PM

R65

Wouldn't everything come to light once the will goes to probate? I would think so.

by Anonymousreply 66May 10, 2020 9:52 PM

Wills sometimes don't go to probate, R66. And some jurisdictions aren't as strict about making sure wills are entered into the court record during probate. If a person wants to see a dead person's will and it isn't recorded with the probate court, and the holders of the will won't share, you may need to file a civil suit against somebody who does have a copy of the will to compel them to share it.

by Anonymousreply 67May 10, 2020 10:00 PM

R65 here. Thanks for the info. I don’t think the will was recorded in probate, so I’d have to sue to see it... and if I wasn’t in the will, or left something tiny, I’d end up with a big legal bill. Oh well. Guess I’ll just move on...

by Anonymousreply 68May 10, 2020 10:11 PM

I thought bumps of speed was the problem in the first place. Now the taxpayers are finding your drug problem?

OP, how many days had you worn the underwear Ronnie was caught sniffing? If he's already got your scent then there is no escaping him!

by Anonymousreply 69May 10, 2020 10:13 PM

R68, you can always ask pretty please to see it.

by Anonymousreply 70May 10, 2020 10:27 PM

[quote] The bank showed her his image from the security camera

Sure Jan, banks cant do that, it would get them into a lot of legal trouble. The only way she would ever be allowed to see that is if it went all the way to court and through discovery.

by Anonymousreply 71May 10, 2020 10:42 PM

R70, no the executor has always been jealous of me because his parents liked me better and I was closer to them in their elder years than he was. I was like another son to them. But , without seeing the will, it looks like the blood relation got all the dough.

Can you see why I’m suspicious?

by Anonymousreply 72May 10, 2020 10:44 PM

Fuck off, slag Poo Shoes / R71 you are so full of shit trying to derail my thread. You're a scourge on this site. I have been shown bank still images of a person who stole and cashed a couple of my checks some years back, so I know you're full of shit. There are no privacy protections with bank cameras. They're public.

There are updates. Ronnie returned the neighbor's money Thursday and apologized 'for any misunderstanding,' but she told him to stay away. We now have his full name. He stopped by her place again on Friday night, claiming he was doing a block watch 'welfare check.' This pissed her off for obvious reasons. This guy needs to be stopped.

The neighbor in question agreed this morning to write a letter to the police dept about what Ronnie did. Our goal is to get him off block watch at least. But we need plenty of proof.

I hope it's clear to y'all: A guy on block watch is faking being a physician to get people's trust, and ripping off the people in the neighborhood where he's patrolling. It's evil.

Last night after blockwatch, Ronnie tried to talk my roommate into buying some stupid LED spotlight he bought off Wish. My roommate was very confused about this, asking me why. I explained Ronnie needs meth money, and he's selling shit to buy drugs.

I really need to get this situation settled and get Ronnie out of our lives.

by Anonymousreply 73May 10, 2020 11:12 PM

I still have no idea what a ‘blockwatch’ is or why members of said ‘blockwatch’ are allowed into private residences.

by Anonymousreply 74May 10, 2020 11:16 PM

Because you're full of shit, R74. Block Watch is a USA and Canada program. More information at blockwatch dot com. It can also be called a neighborhood watch.

Nobody's 'allowed' into private residences. Stop trolling. I never said that and it's irrelevant. Go back to your thread about antipsychotics, or go bump some threads from 2015 with broken links to Tumblr whores.

by Anonymousreply 75May 10, 2020 11:25 PM

Editor, please red-tag and ban the EST accusers for violating Datalounge protocol. Please also red-tag and ban the OP for being a tiresome fuckface. Thanks in advance!

by Anonymousreply 76May 10, 2020 11:31 PM

This is a pretty funny EST. Kudos to all.

by Anonymousreply 77May 10, 2020 11:39 PM

Ask the Sessums Troll.

by Anonymousreply 78May 10, 2020 11:41 PM

op is full of shit...can't find dr. licences...uncredentialed doctors...

by Anonymousreply 79May 10, 2020 11:52 PM

[quote]If you just want to smear somebody, just make something up. People will be more likely to believe a well-made story than the truth anyway.

I did something that greatly upset a thuggish business competitor, and was on the receiving end of a professional grade smear campaign. It was directed at neighbors, law enforcement and business associates. The perp conflated me with a criminal relative of mine, and I received personal attention from a '3 letter' agency. My business was vandalized repeatedly, there was an arson fire, and I was severely harassed. I found out the specifics mostly after the statute of limitations passed.

[quote]My advice is move on and don't get involved in trying to ruin somebody's life. If they deserve it, their misdeeds will catch up with them. If they don't deserve it, just leave them the fuck alone.

I found out that the business competitor's flying monkey was a homophobe who had thrown me out of a party at his house a decade before. It takes a special kind of insanity to carry a grudge that long, and then go to such an extent. If you're trying to ruin somebody, consider your own motivations.

by Anonymousreply 80May 11, 2020 12:09 AM

R60, I am getting cameras for the exterior of the house ASAP..

by Anonymousreply 81May 11, 2020 3:09 AM

What does EST mean?

by Anonymousreply 82May 11, 2020 6:28 AM

EST means "Elaborate/Emotional Scenario Troll," in other words, a fake thread. Poo Shoes is the one screaming this repeatedly in order to derail my thread and prevent me from getting meaningful help.

The irony of her accusation is that the term EST was probably created in response to the endless fake stories she posts here. She doesn't like me because I frequently criticize her for her anti-gay trolling, Meghan Markle trolling, desiccated snatch, frau inclinations, and her bumping old threads in order to create her many new sockpuppet accounts, as she's constantly getting red-lined and bumped from threads.

You can learn more about her by doing a search on the site. Her Barbizon grad photo is attached here for reference.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83May 11, 2020 8:31 PM

Part of my job requires me to "dig up dirt" on people and it's incredibly easy once you know how. As has been mentioned most court sites are free and you can get a lot of civil and criminal records about someone. I also have access to some online databases that the average person can't get, they are very stringent about who can use them. Insurance companies and law enforcement are their main clients. I have occasionally helped friends locate people, including finding the birth parents of an adopted friend. I also found someone in witness protection but I kept that information to myself.

by Anonymousreply 84May 12, 2020 1:16 AM

I used to do this a lot when I surfed the gutters of the internet, or when I'd get obsessed with some local news story. I used to be really good at it but at some point I decided I would rather not know things about people. I will not go down that road again. Once you know something you can't not know it.

by Anonymousreply 85May 12, 2020 1:20 AM

I found out a former lover had become an escort and it had begun during our final year together. After we broke up, we lived in different cities, remained friends and would hook up occasionally. Of course, after I found out it was like WWIII ! This was a few years ago. He's no longer escorting and we have drifted back into a friendship. However, I do not regret this knowledge and the bursting of my socially naïve Pollyanna bubble.

by Anonymousreply 86May 12, 2020 1:42 AM

So what websites are the best (free) ones to find out background in someone? I downloaded the BeenVerified app, it’s great for a lot of stuff, but strangely, the website isn’t. Only the app is helpful... and no ads! Any other sites?

by Anonymousreply 87May 12, 2020 2:16 AM

Do the sites link to mugshots, if they've been arrested?

by Anonymousreply 88May 12, 2020 4:05 AM

I have used Intellius. It worked.

by Anonymousreply 89May 12, 2020 5:15 AM

R84

Could you recommend what sites I could use to find out the marital status of someone? I'd like to know which spouse filed for divorce & if the divorce is now final. They live in California. Thanks

by Anonymousreply 90May 12, 2020 12:57 PM

R89, Intelius actually didn’t even find the person I’m looking for. They’re alive and in other databases. But I’d like to dig a little deeper.

by Anonymousreply 91May 12, 2020 2:39 PM

Spokeo…. I found a mentally challenged uncle on it that had cut off contact with family for 20 yrs.

by Anonymousreply 92May 12, 2020 11:05 PM

R47 is your landlord Jared Kushner?

by Anonymousreply 93May 13, 2020 5:17 AM

White Pages Premium is a joke. Lots of missing and mixed-up information. I looked myself up to determine this. But here's what I've learned about Ronnie:

He has no medical or nursing licenses in the US (verified by my insurance friend);

His 2 cell phone numbers are both untraceable by White Pages. One has no address associated, and the other is associated with a man who lives 40 miles away.

He has no local address history. He's not even listed at his current address, where he lives with his parents, and I know he's been there for the past 2 years, maybe longer.

But when I look up his old address in another state, all his info is there. He has a lengthy arrest and criminal history (over 8 items, $19.95 extra to look, haven't done it yet).

Ronnie's parents listed in the other state are different names than the mother and stepfather he's living with now.

This is all very peculiar. We're going to look at another website tonight or tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 94May 15, 2020 1:51 AM

Lexis/Nexis, Spokeo and Just a google search. I've found out so much about hookups. You can't believe what you can find with a cell phone #. Nothing is private anymore. As for myself, search away....

by Anonymousreply 95May 15, 2020 1:56 AM

[quote]I also found someone in witness protection but I kept that information to myself.

Until now, r84. I wonder how long before federal marshals knock on your door ...

by Anonymousreply 96May 15, 2020 2:03 AM

Why has a doctor lived with his parents for 2 years ? I assume his parents live in your gated area, since he lives with them and wants to be on the block watch squad ?? Seems most of the info you want can be verified by the them. Are they hermits ? Does the mother never talk about her son the doctor ?

by Anonymousreply 97May 15, 2020 2:46 AM

OP

If he has no medical or nursing licence how is he practicing? I'm in the medical field & those things are definitely verified.

by Anonymousreply 98May 15, 2020 4:26 AM

This reminds me of the "how do I send a ransom note" thread.

by Anonymousreply 99May 15, 2020 4:27 AM

OP, you in danger, gurl!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100May 15, 2020 5:00 AM

R98, this is mostly discussed upthread. I don't think he is practicing. I think he's making shit up. This is all getting weird.

by Anonymousreply 101May 15, 2020 6:14 AM

Sorry R90 I have not been on here for awhile. Most divorce info is found on county court websites so I would try that. Some courts charge for information but most are free.

by Anonymousreply 102May 18, 2020 1:35 AM

You said Ronnie was a Doctor. I’d start there. He’s at a VA? Call the VA and ask if there is a Dr. Ronnie on the staff. Drs. have to have a medical license. True, VA doctors may not be licensed in the state where they practice (most are) but they have to be licensed in one of the 50 States or territories or Puerto Rico.

Get cracking. This should not be as hard as you are making it out to be.

by Anonymousreply 103May 18, 2020 1:51 AM

You stupid fucking assholes. You need to find an attorney or PI that uses Lexis Nexis products. That pulls up everything and I mean everything.

by Anonymousreply 104May 18, 2020 2:48 AM

Lexis is good R104 but there are better products. I've used them all.

by Anonymousreply 105May 18, 2020 3:34 AM

Okay r105 then what is the best one in your opinion? why would you even give such a stupid answer?

by Anonymousreply 106May 18, 2020 3:56 AM

Thomson Reuters Clear

by Anonymousreply 107May 18, 2020 4:01 AM

That’s another good product r105 but because you were so fucking ignorant as to not include it in your original answer it makes me question your judgement. It really does.

by Anonymousreply 108May 18, 2020 4:05 AM

Oh do fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 109May 18, 2020 4:07 AM

OP here. I have a PI looking into things now since I've found so little.

I called the VA early on. They will not provide employment verification to the public. He is not listed in any common medical or nursing licensing database nationally per my friend who works in the biz. We are proving a negative here so the burden of proof is high and we want to be absolutely certain. In addition to the MD lie, we need to clarify whether he has committed any other crimes.

The PI says Ronnie has had no traceable addresses in this state for over a decade, and he's still researching. It's his opinion that Ronnie has committed other crimes and has found a way to scrub his current identity, and that he may be using a different identity for official purposes vs with his friends, probably some bastardized version of his extremely common name.

R104 R105 Thank you for your suggestions. Which of the many LexisNexis products can a regular citizen subscribe to? What about the other DBs? This is my most pressing question, but only now has anybody provided something akin to an answer.

by Anonymousreply 110May 18, 2020 10:28 PM

Accurint.

by Anonymousreply 111May 18, 2020 10:30 PM

Thank you R111. However, because the site says I have to contact a sales rep directly to obtain a login, I imagine this will be a very expensive purchase, if I can make it at all.

by Anonymousreply 112May 18, 2020 10:38 PM

Along with Zabasearch, White Pages, and Radaris are there other free people searches?

by Anonymousreply 113May 18, 2020 10:47 PM

You can't subscribe to Lexis as an individual unless you have a legit PI or insurance license, or your company has reasons to have access R110. I believe my company pays about $900 a month per user.

by Anonymousreply 114May 19, 2020 12:57 AM

[quote] Could you recommend what sites I could use to find out the marital status of someone?

All of those peoplefinder sites are about the same. The best free way to dig up dirt is to look at STATE records-- property, licensing, corporation, charity, etc. It takes a lot of time but the more you do it, the better you get.

by Anonymousreply 115May 19, 2020 1:12 AM

The free and low-fee (i.e. anything the average person can afford) search sites are wildly inaccurate. Look yourself up sometime and you'll see. It's a mix of outdated info, wrong info, and information about other people. So you cannot take anything you find on those sites as accurate. It might be, but it's even more likely to be wrong.

The professional databases have much more accurate and up to date information, but not only are they unaffordable, they often restrict access to verified users in specific professions.

It's simplest to hire a P.I. and request a background check on your person of interest. Be sure to ask the P.I. what sources he or she uses; if they can't afford to subscribe to more than one database, they might miss some details. OTOH, if they can't find much on the person, at that point, if you're willing to pay, they can do some old-fashioned sleuth work: stakeout and tail.

by Anonymousreply 116May 19, 2020 1:15 AM

R10 Accurint

by Anonymousreply 117May 19, 2020 1:44 AM

Accurint is owned by Lexis/Nexis and is only available by very expensive, legitimate-use subscription.

by Anonymousreply 118May 19, 2020 1:51 AM

R118 Gee thanks for the enlightenment dumbass. That's why OP finally figured out that he should go to a pro.

by Anonymousreply 119May 19, 2020 2:05 AM

[quote] I called the VA early on. They will not provide employment verification to the public. He is not listed in any common medical or nursing licensing database nationally per my friend who works in the biz. We are proving a negative here so the burden of proof is high and we want to be absolutely certain. In addition to the MD lie, we need to clarify whether he has committed any other crimes.

Here's a little FYI concerning the VA and their employees. The employee does not have to be registered/licensed to practice in the state they live/practice in. They only have to be licensed/registered in a U.S state. It doesn't matter which one. If you have your license, it's okay with the V.A to practice in any of their hospitals.

Check each state to see if the person is licensed to practice. I wouldn't trust some country wide database. I'm licensed to practice in two states and I'm not in a countrywide database

by Anonymousreply 120May 19, 2020 2:27 AM

I don't think I ever said "countrywide database," R120.

Wait, let me do a search on the thread to make sure.

No, I didn't say "countrywide database."

I did say "any database nationally." That means there was more than one database. Databases.

My friend works for Centene - a major health insurer - and has access to their credentialing databases. That's what she looked at. We also checked the typical board websites.

Thanks, play again. You're licensed to troll in 2 states, is that right?

by Anonymousreply 121May 19, 2020 3:05 AM

Good call r121. I think there’s some major trollers on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 122May 19, 2020 3:21 AM

OP I'm a Vet. You don't call the VA and ask if someone works there. You call the facility ( someone will answer) then simply ask to be transferred to that Dr's voicemail or nurse because you need to leave a message. I've done this a thousand times. They will either transfer you or say, that Dr does not work here. This is easy . Why are you making it hard ? In addition to that the VA facility website lists the providers and their specialties. Something is starting to smell.

by Anonymousreply 123May 21, 2020 1:29 AM

The PI could not find anything using his cheaper databases. He believes Ronnie is using a combo if semi-real and fake identities to hide from everybody. He said I'd have to pay him more to do other searches. I did not ask for details because of what you all explained on here already - some of the people search db's are expensive to use. I thanked him and called the precinct captain for blockwatch.

Blockwatch cop was very sympathetic. Fortunately one of the theft victims was willing to speak to him. The cop summed it up very simply, "The guy's a liar and a thief." He promised he'd handle everything from here. I wish I could get more of my morbid questions answered, but the important thing is it looks as if at the very least that Ronnie's bullshit will come to an end in our neighborhood, and I won't have to do BW with him anymore soon.

Not exactly a denouement I understand, but if anything else happens, I'll report.

by Anonymousreply 124May 21, 2020 9:52 PM

How are you bitches in the mood for this shit during the pandemic? You all must be bored at home all day.

by Anonymousreply 125May 21, 2020 10:19 PM

[quote]How are you bitches in the mood for this shit during the pandemic?

We have a gay pretending to be a doctor, doing meth, and stealing from old ladies. That's enough for one thread.

by Anonymousreply 126May 22, 2020 9:30 PM

[quote] I don't think I ever said "countrywide database,"

Yes you did when you said, "He is not listed in any common medical or nursing licensing database nationally per my friend who works in the biz"

A nationwide database would be a countrywide database. no wonder you can't find anything out. You're a fool

nationally means countrywide

by Anonymousreply 127May 24, 2020 3:40 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!