Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump Comes Out Against Another Stimulus Payment in May

Trump and Republicans come out against further stimulus payments in May, as they want to see how "reopening" of the economy goes. šŸ™„ šŸ™„

This, after 35 million have filed for unemployment. šŸ™„ šŸ™„

Other idiot Rethugs such as Senatrix Lindsay Graham have also come out against giving Americans much needed cash infusions.

The economy is only partially re-opening, and the likely 50 million jobs lost so far are not going to be regained for quite some time. It's time to give every American $2,000 a month for the rest of the year at least.

by Anonymousreply 117June 23, 2020 5:22 PM

Article

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 9, 2020 12:40 AM

Those are two very unflattering looks

by Anonymousreply 2May 9, 2020 12:44 AM

I don't think 2k a month is ever going to happen but maybe they can negotiate and we can get 1k a month and get our Yang bucks

by Anonymousreply 3May 9, 2020 12:45 AM

R3 Yang bucks would be nice. Then Yang as Prez in 2024!

by Anonymousreply 4May 9, 2020 12:46 AM

I don't think they'd ever commit to a "per month" payment no matter the amount. If we were to get $2000, it would be a one-time payment. And if the pandemic and the economy still gets worse over the summer, then maybe another one-time payment - though I doubt it. It will all be piecemeal.

by Anonymousreply 5May 9, 2020 12:48 AM

Republicans are so fucking stupid. What a dilemma: ā€œShould we bribe people to vote for us, or let them starve in the streets? What to do? Guess weā€™ll go for ā€˜starve in the streets.ā€™ā€

by Anonymousreply 6May 9, 2020 12:56 AM

They only have money for big corporations because there is ALWAYS money for corporations and the wealthy. Never any money for people, so the rest of us are out of luck.

by Anonymousreply 7May 9, 2020 1:00 AM

oh just send the goddamn money, bitch, and shut the fuck up about how you think the economy might magically reconstitute itself. And don't throw in a bunch of Republican shit about how it should only go to people that have corporate jobs and jump through a thousand hoops and live in suburbs and made x number of dollars last year and are white and go to church on sunday. Just skip all that shit and send a goddamn check, you grifter whore. Just pretend we're all Stormy Daniels, pay the goddamn money, and STFU.

Thanks in advance.

by Anonymousreply 8May 9, 2020 1:00 AM

I still haven't received my stimulus payment because they have to mail a check to me. Luckily, I don't need it, but I think of the millions of people who do need it and may never receive it.

This may backfire on Trump and Friends.

by Anonymousreply 9May 9, 2020 1:00 AM

"... because there is ALWAYS money for corporations and the wealthy"

But the money will trickle down to the taxpayers!

by Anonymousreply 10May 9, 2020 1:07 AM

They don't need voters when they have Putin's hackers.

by Anonymousreply 11May 9, 2020 1:11 AM

Wouldn't they want to get the money out there to the people so that when the country re-opens people will buy shit. What good is a reopening when no one has any money. They are stupid. If they gave this money in May by June when most states reopen almost completely they could claim more success and a robust economy coming back.

They are cutting off their nose despite their face.

by Anonymousreply 12May 9, 2020 1:31 AM

That last 1200 went to bills.

by Anonymousreply 13May 9, 2020 1:32 AM

Which means few of those 37 million unemployed people would consider voting for any GOP candidate come November.

As numerous internet memes point out, it is amazing we can find trillions for this, but universal healthcare is just too expensive

by Anonymousreply 14May 9, 2020 1:34 AM

r12 the ideology is "poor people don't deserve to live" much less be given money. They're also terrified people in states with very low minimum wages will realize they're being treated like garbage and actually deserve human respect. Any inching towards a social safety net undermines their philosophy and the policies that generate from it.

by Anonymousreply 15May 9, 2020 1:34 AM

They better not have the $75,000 income cap on the next stimulus check. I didn't get any money in the last round.

by Anonymousreply 16May 9, 2020 1:40 AM

The summer of 2020 is going to be a long, hot one. Are y'all hoarding those empty wine bottles and stocking up on boxes of tampons?

by Anonymousreply 17May 9, 2020 1:53 AM

What are we supposed to do with empty wine bottles, Boris?

by Anonymousreply 18May 9, 2020 1:54 AM

It's even dumber because even in those states that are supposedly reopening, people aren't going to immediately rush right back in and resume life the way it was a year ago. It's just not going to happen.

The infuriating thing is that this has nothing to do with the very real problems that we are facing and everything to do with the election later this year. This is a calculated move to pretend that everything is fine, that the pandemic just isn't that bad, that the number of deaths are exaggerated, etc.

by Anonymousreply 19May 9, 2020 2:05 AM

This is crazy because what if you made 100k last year but this year you made squat? No money for you!

by Anonymousreply 20May 9, 2020 2:07 AM

[quote] Republicans are so fucking stupid.

Exactly. It's funny how Republicans always bleat on with their myopic views about the US being the best, richest country in the world -- until it's time for the best, richest country in the world to lend a helping hand to its own citizens.

by Anonymousreply 21May 9, 2020 2:14 AM

Miss Lindsey said another stimulus would be done "over my dead body". If it were only so.

by Anonymousreply 22May 9, 2020 2:16 AM

US total financial reserves are estimated at 200 TRILLION, and they can't shell out 5 of that to the American people during this time of crisis?

by Anonymousreply 23May 9, 2020 2:17 AM

These mutherfuckers need still haven't sent me my 2019 refund yet! Send that with the next stimulus check, ASAP government cunts!

by Anonymousreply 24May 9, 2020 2:19 AM

R22, Miss Lindsay on next stimulus payments: ā€œThe real stimulus thatā€™s going to change the trajectory that we're on is going to be the economy, not government checks. So I doubt there will be another payment.ā€ šŸ™„ šŸ™„

by Anonymousreply 25May 9, 2020 2:20 AM

Article:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26May 9, 2020 2:25 AM

r22, sounds like a dare to me....

by Anonymousreply 27May 9, 2020 2:36 AM

Such a ā€˜man of the peopleā€™, this one.

by Anonymousreply 28May 9, 2020 2:49 AM

KindeGay @ R18: Research and learn1960s' resistance tactics before casting aspersions. I'm more patriotic (and smarter) than you'll ever be.

by Anonymousreply 29May 9, 2020 3:06 AM

stay tuned. if lil dick is against it today, he will be in favor of another stimulus package within the next few days, if not tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 30May 9, 2020 3:09 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 31May 13, 2020 8:01 AM

Wouldn't they want to get the money out there to the people so that when the country re-opens people will buy shit.

They want to force people back to work: to punish blue states with extended lockdowns & force people in red states back to work now that restrictions have eased - regardless of their working conditions.

I also read an article recently - can't remember where - that they believe now Dump is a lost cause and don't mind handing over a destroyed economy to Biden

Miss Lindsay opposed the first payout, so it should be surprising that she opposes a second one.

by Anonymousreply 32May 13, 2020 8:09 AM

The government should give every single person in the country $10,000 every month so that they can live comfortably without worrying about working or cooking or cleaning, because they will be able to hire people to do those menial tasks.

In case you are too stupid to understand the point, the OP is a retard.

by Anonymousreply 33May 13, 2020 8:11 AM

The glorious thing is that the Republicans weaken their own hillbilly demographic, so they can't come to the GOP's defense when the rest of the US is finally fed up and drags them out of office.

- Owning the Libs by ignoring all the safety measures preventing the spread of the coronavirus amongst yourselves? Sure, do that, Deplorables.

- Not getting any financial help during the crisis to support yourself and your family? Sure, let's stick it to the undesirable moochers.

- You think you can take stuff from the "dumb" Liberals? Yeah, good luck trying that.

And counting on Putin? Putin has his own corona crisis to deal with. And when you are too busy, missed details can come back to bite you in the ass.

by Anonymousreply 34May 13, 2020 8:26 AM

R6 and yet they still win elections, thatā€™s the crazy part.

R4 Yang had Sam Harris on his podcast Monday ā€” it was a great listen! Basically they agreed that the pandemic has just accelerated the need for Yang bucks and all the other overhauls of the system that he has proposed. Yang 2024! (Actually I wish Biden hadnā€™t committed to a woman so he could take Yang on as VP)

by Anonymousreply 35May 13, 2020 8:38 AM

The GOP basically have two skills:

1. Screwing the poor.

2. Never paying any price for #1

They need a severe lesson. 8 years of Obama in the White House wasn't nearly enough. They need to lose the WH AND Congress for 8 years minimum, ideally for 16.

by Anonymousreply 36May 13, 2020 8:43 AM

With gas prices so low, why don't they create a 'gas tax' of like 50 cents a gallon? We could pay-off several stimuli with that revenue.

by Anonymousreply 37May 13, 2020 9:08 AM

R36, culture wars ensure Republicans continue to win and do 1 and 2.

by Anonymousreply 38May 13, 2020 12:16 PM

Irregardless of how it turns out, AOC is going to vote against whatever is decided, or claim its unfair to someone who doesn't deserve it.

by Anonymousreply 39May 13, 2020 12:21 PM

Irregardless?

by Anonymousreply 40May 13, 2020 12:37 PM

[quote]Irregardless

Boo! Hiss!

by Anonymousreply 41May 13, 2020 12:38 PM

Vice President Biden should go with the candidate, regardless of gender, most likely to deliver him the Presidency. Yang, Castro and Porter should be contenders. We need Warren, Harris and Klobuchar in the Senate.

So if you should break your promise be a wartime President and explain the battleplan to us, Mr. Biden. Unlike the deplorables, your base is rational and possesses both intellectual and emotional intelligence.

by Anonymousreply 42May 13, 2020 6:24 PM

^^responding to R35

by Anonymousreply 43May 13, 2020 6:30 PM

R42, What does Castro have to offer?

by Anonymousreply 44May 20, 2020 2:39 PM

Why Castro Convertibles, of course.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45May 20, 2020 2:41 PM

R42: The VP nominee will be a woman. End of. Accept it. Then sit down and shut up.

by Anonymousreply 46May 20, 2020 2:44 PM

So while Trump supported unprecedented corporate and top 1% income tax cuts, he wants to eliminate $2,400 a month for struggling middle and working classes during 30%+ real unemployment during a pandemic with no end in sight. Disgraceful.

My thoughts are that the $600 per week extension will be signed into the next stimulus package, but maybe for an additional three months after the July mandate expires.

Rethugs may have resigned to Trump losing, but they donā€™t want to lose the Senate, too. If the Republican-controlled Senate screws over unemployed Americans, they can forget about it.

by Anonymousreply 47May 20, 2020 3:12 PM

Trump came out as an asshole! Oh wait he did that 40 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 48May 20, 2020 3:21 PM

This is bullshit and bitchassness of the worst kind.

My sister's best friend has worked for Hertz in Texas for over 20 years. She worked through excruciating endometriosis, and chemo for breast cancer and endometrial cancer. Took only 3 months off for surgery + recovery.

My sister texted me Monday to tell me her friend is being laid off at the end of this month. How evil is that?

And I'll bet Hertz gets a huge fucking bailout...funded by hardworking taxpayers like my sister's friend.

But SHE gets no help from this Administration?

by Anonymousreply 49May 20, 2020 3:36 PM

Aren't the Rethugs cutting their own throats? The economy will not recover by election day unless people get help. And the (Obama) economy was all Trump had to campaign on. Everything else has been a failure.

by Anonymousreply 50May 20, 2020 3:41 PM

My thoughts exactly, r50.

Most of their base is poor deplorables who are obviously not working during this pandemic, yet heā€™s willing to cut them off.

Ok.

by Anonymousreply 51May 20, 2020 4:06 PM

If there is another stimulus, do you think that they should still phase it out after a certain income threshold? I think this isnā€™t really fair to do again. I am one of the lucky ones that is able to work from home and the business I work in is still busy, but I was still financially affected by this (lost a bunch in my 401k). I think across the board or nothing at all.

by Anonymousreply 52May 20, 2020 4:06 PM

[quote] End of.

*eyeroll*

by Anonymousreply 53May 20, 2020 4:06 PM

R52, greed is not a good look on you.

by Anonymousreply 54May 20, 2020 4:07 PM

R54 how is that greed? There are a ton of people who donā€™t earn a lot on paper but have millions in the bank that got the 1200$...are they greedy? I am saying everyone or no one because not everyoneā€™s true financial picture can be determined by an arbitrary income cap.

by Anonymousreply 55May 20, 2020 4:12 PM

[quote]1200$

Really?

by Anonymousreply 56May 20, 2020 4:28 PM

[quote] There are a ton of people who donā€™t earn a lot on paper but have millions in the bank that got the 1200$...are they greedy?

A) Yes it would.

B) Link to this, please.

If they had ā€œmillionsā€ in the bank; their interest income coupled with their regular income wouldā€™ve put them over the cap. Donā€™t spout bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 57May 20, 2020 4:29 PM

He's a billionaire, McConnell is a multi-millionaire married to a billionaire heiress. They don't care at all if people are hurting.

by Anonymousreply 58May 20, 2020 4:40 PM

People are still getting laid off and businesses are not hiring.

by Anonymousreply 59May 20, 2020 4:43 PM

Not that this is of any interest, but that stimulus check really helped after my hours were cut. Rich folks donā€™t understand how finances are ā€œto the boneā€ for regular workers.

by Anonymousreply 60May 20, 2020 4:48 PM

R57 who said anything about ā€œregularā€ income? and yes, you can have millions in the bank and earn less div/int income in a year than the threshold, so miss me with the bullshit.

Still not sure how you consider giving every person the same stimulus payment greedy because you havenā€™t explained it.

by Anonymousreply 61May 20, 2020 4:54 PM

We got our $4.7 trillion in bailouts from Trump, no strings attached, so fuck off to the rest of you. Just starve and then die.

But vote for Trump first, though, then die.

Love,

Corporations

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62May 20, 2020 4:55 PM

Of course we are happy to starve and then die for our Lord God and Savior Donald Trump.

by Anonymousreply 63May 20, 2020 4:57 PM

R60 Well hopefully these idiots will see the error of their ways this November.

by Anonymousreply 64May 20, 2020 5:09 PM

I search Twitter for @realdonaldtrump and "voted for you" to see how many of his supporters are turning on him. This seems to be what is turning the tides for some of them. They don't care about his pussy grabbing, putting kids in cages, mocking people with disabilities, and overall shittery, they're mad that they're not getting small business loans while big corporations are, or the delay in their stimulus checks or how little the stimulus checks are. Now they have skin in the game and are threatening to withhold their votes. Let's see.

by Anonymousreply 65May 20, 2020 5:24 PM

[quote] who said anything about ā€œregularā€ income? and yes, you can have millions in the bank and earn less div/int income in a year than the threshold,

So youā€™re suggesting their basing the stimulus only on interest income or capital gains?

Of course theyā€™ll take into consideration your normal income. Itā€™s all in your AGI and it would have to be combined.

There are food lines for blocks because people have no income and cannot afford food because of the paltry stimulus from last time, and you donā€™t see how itā€™s not greedy that someone who is working wants it because their future retirement income took a hit because the stock market went down?

by Anonymousreply 66May 20, 2020 5:32 PM

Time for all you fat, lazy queens to get back to work. Chop, Chop.

by Anonymousreply 67May 20, 2020 5:37 PM

R66 What are you talking about? the stimulus is based ofF < 75,000 AGI (up to 99 for single) and your AGI can be completely composed of div / int income, some people donā€™t have any other source of income...those people can certainly have a chunk of money in investments /savings but make under that AGI threshold, so youā€™re not making any sense.

What a wimpy argument ā€œpeople are in food linesā€, Iā€™m not saying to take the stimulus away from them and what an awful position to be in, but give everyone a stimulus...people feel economic hardship in different ways, just because someone isnā€™t in a food line doesnā€™t mean this pandemic hasnā€™t affected them

by Anonymousreply 68May 20, 2020 6:57 PM

Also, r66, itā€™s ā€œtheyā€™reā€

by Anonymousreply 69May 20, 2020 6:58 PM

All of this is a part of the conservative plan to destroy the middle class: big businesses and their executives will be fine. They are fine right now. Small businesses and their ownersā€”traditionally, to a great extent, Republican votersā€”will be deprived of funds and crushed.

by Anonymousreply 70May 20, 2020 10:26 PM

An imbalance between rich and poor is the oldest and most fatal ailment of all republics.

by Anonymousreply 71May 20, 2020 10:39 PM

R70

Such simple minded analysis is worthy of CNN. Maybe even MSNBC.

Nobody likes Trump.

Heā€™s just superior to his opponents.

I hate him with a passion but would choose him over Joe Retardin.

by Anonymousreply 72May 21, 2020 3:38 AM

Does anyone else feel guilty about receiving unemployment. I retired with a comfortable, if not gold-plated, pension. I then started doing contract work in an office setting as much for the social engagement as to supplement my pension. So once the work seemingly came to an end, I applied for & began receiving (enhanced) unemployment. I have since been approached to work short-term projects - most recently this week - but, even though Iā€™ve signaled my interest, nothing materialized because my in-home resources were lacking, something that if I really wanted to work remotely I could remedy. But working remotely kind of defeats my purpose of doing this work in the first place. Iā€™m due next week to certify my continuing unemployment the prior two weeks, but Iā€™m thinking of certifying just for the first week, & not certifying for the balance of the estimated 2-4 week project that was bandied about this week. And if possible, resuming my unemployment certifications thereafter. Or not at all if my guilt continues to plague me.

by Anonymousreply 73May 21, 2020 4:19 AM

Stimulus payments were supposed to be to STIMULATE the economy. This was an overwhelming failure, with most of the money used to pay bill that were six months older or more.

Adding another stimulus will not help the economy. The unemployed got much more than normal, so they will be fine.

The best way to stimulate the economy is to cut the payroll tax from the workers, so they get the entire amount (minus deductions for medicare and social security).

by Anonymousreply 74May 21, 2020 4:26 AM

Have you learned nothing from the horror show that is this administration, R73? Guilt is for losers!

by Anonymousreply 75May 21, 2020 4:47 AM

It is an economic crisis. Republicans keep on saying this too. So why don't they use the system to prevent an economic depression, Social Security?

This is why FDR built the Social System program. You can give checks to the American people to prevent an economic depression. Or a regional depression, aka a recession.

Just vote every single Republican out of office.

November 2020

by Anonymousreply 76May 21, 2020 5:06 AM

What's the fuss? Biden will win and they can dump the $15 trillion deficit on him. Then Pence/Pompeo can come back in 2024 to save the day.

They already accomplished their goal: packing the courts with Christian Supremacist Judges.

by Anonymousreply 77May 21, 2020 6:38 AM

Thereā€™s a big problem though because no one wants to come back to work because their employees would rather a) not take the risk and b) keep collecting unemployment. I was talking with the owner of the Korean deli across the street from me today and he said ā€œnone of them want to come back as long as they can collect unemployment,ā€ what can I do? This is going to become a big problem with a lot of business of every size (actually much worse for smaller businesses), but especially restaurants (and the hospitality business in general ) as they struggle to reopen and stay afloat. How will any of these places recover if no one will return to work ā€” and no one has any real incentive to?

by Anonymousreply 78May 21, 2020 7:30 AM

Wait staff get paid like $2 or $3 an hour, expecting tips to make up the rest. Who's going to risk it for that?? There won't be much business anyway.

by Anonymousreply 79May 21, 2020 8:54 AM

Well people are getting infected left and right, and morons are crowding stores again and now not even wearing face masks. This country is truly doomed.

by Anonymousreply 80May 21, 2020 9:20 AM

R79 not sure why you seem ok with businesses not being able to reopen. Itā€™s totally not ok. People have to get back to work, and certainly NY and other civilized states are going to be putting its share of safety precautions in place.

If weā€™re going to still be giving people money then it has to be a flat sum regardless of income or whether youā€™re employed (Yang is right about this). Otherwise youā€™re seriously fucking up with peopleā€™s incentives.

by Anonymousreply 81May 21, 2020 10:02 PM

business is down for on-line businesses too that stayed open. This year had the worst quality shit from china too. Who is going to buy that crap now? Even if you have the money, conspicuous consumption is not in vogue. And not many people have the money.

by Anonymousreply 82May 21, 2020 11:58 PM

[quote]All of this is a part of the conservative plan to destroy the middle class

That part was already achieved years ago.

by Anonymousreply 83May 22, 2020 12:02 AM

R76

Every time a dollar is created by the USTreasury via the Federal Reserve, every dollar in existence loses a fraction of its value.

The year-over-year increase in money supply is approaching 28%. That means, ceteris paribus/all things being equal, that eventually all prices in the economy will rise by 28% in the future.

At the same time, you are increasing the federal deficit by gargantuan margins. The inability for many companies to repay debts because of disruptions from Covid, supply chain deficiencies, defaults, rental CMBS income, bankruptcy induced balance sheet write offs- the destruction will be generational. The disease is very dangerous, but economic lockdown is 100% deadly.

PS- The fucking federal reserve and treasury department are using legalistic bullshit to purchase exchange traded funds in order to prop up the stock market.

by Anonymousreply 84May 22, 2020 2:49 AM

Where on earth did I say that R81? I insinuated wages in the service industry will need to rise. As they have the PPP loans it shouldn't be an issue.

by Anonymousreply 85May 22, 2020 3:29 AM

Now what fun is it to help out Americans with money when you can cut their Social Security and Disability payments. NOW that's fun!

by Anonymousreply 86May 24, 2020 9:33 PM

Many people could use this right about now.

by Anonymousreply 87June 23, 2020 11:04 AM

President Donald Trump has said Americans could get a second stimulus check amid the coronavirus pandemic and that the soon-to-announced package will be 'very generous'.

Asked how much the payout would be worth, he said: 'You'll find out about it'

Trump said that he'll reveal the amount over 'the next couple of weeks probably'

----------------------

Now we have to be against it I suppose

by Anonymousreply 88June 23, 2020 11:22 AM

I will be against it r88 and slam it right into my savings account.

by Anonymousreply 89June 23, 2020 11:26 AM

ISIS called...

by Anonymousreply 90June 23, 2020 11:27 AM

We could use this money right about now...

by Anonymousreply 91June 23, 2020 11:32 AM

Send us cash!!!

by Anonymousreply 92June 23, 2020 11:53 AM

Canadians are getting stimulus money every month.

What the Socio-Democratic countries doing (France, Denmark)?

by Anonymousreply 93June 23, 2020 12:09 PM

What are people supposed to do without income this summer?

Itā€™s like the rethugs are trying to push for breadlines and riots.

by Anonymousreply 94June 23, 2020 12:11 PM

France ā€” anyone temporarily furloughed is paid 80% salary from the state for the duration. Small businesses have rent forgiveness.

by Anonymousreply 95June 23, 2020 12:16 PM

France: Plus universal Health Care.

USA: Jack Shit.

by Anonymousreply 96June 23, 2020 12:26 PM

"Let them eat nothing."

How can anyone vote for a Republican again after what they are doing to us, the American people?

VOTE them OUT!

by Anonymousreply 97June 23, 2020 12:28 PM

Why is he trying to kill off deplorables?

by Anonymousreply 98June 23, 2020 12:32 PM
by Anonymousreply 99June 23, 2020 12:36 PM

How does this make sense?

by Anonymousreply 100June 23, 2020 12:49 PM

what make sense

by Anonymousreply 101June 23, 2020 1:04 PM

The unemployed better not bet getting more than someone who's actually working like with the last stimulus.

by Anonymousreply 102June 23, 2020 1:07 PM

[quote] The unemployed better not bet getting more than someone who's actually working like with the last stimulus.

If you're getting more being unemployed, then your job wasn't paying you enough

by Anonymousreply 103June 23, 2020 1:13 PM

Why arenā€™t you mad at your cheapskate, exploitative boss and company than your fellow neighbor?

Please answer and donā€™t scurry away like a coward r102?

Shouldnā€™t you take that up with your boss?

Well??

by Anonymousreply 104June 23, 2020 1:15 PM

The country needs more stimulus money ASAP!

by Anonymousreply 105June 23, 2020 1:19 PM

The states and local governments haven't had very much money coming in for months now. So no funds for them mean that essential workers don't get paid - hospital workers, teachers, police, food banks etc... which means cuts and more unemployment. McTurtle has said he doesn't want to "bail" out blue states like New York and California but he may change their tune later on when this pandemic wrecks havoc with the "red" states as it now appears to be doing. McTurtle has been so good for Kentucky that the state is about the fifth poorest in the nation.

GOP = Assholes

by Anonymousreply 106June 23, 2020 1:23 PM

^ HIS tune

by Anonymousreply 107June 23, 2020 1:23 PM

I imagine that the Post Office funding was the deal breaker,

Iā€™ve read that Nancy wants to eliminate the SALT [State and local taxes) restrictions that were created under Trumpā€™s tax cut for the wealthy. The SALT restriction means that you can only deduct up to $10,000 of the combination of your property tax and your state income tax payments. That is a really low limit for people in places with high property taxes, so it hits many in the middle class. If they intended to hit the wealthy with multiple homes and so forth, they could increase the cap to $20,000 or more. That would be better targeted.

by Anonymousreply 108June 23, 2020 1:58 PM

Fine, no more stimulus and the country will sink deeper into this depression. The Trump Depression.

Note, the recession started BEFORE all the Covid layoffs.

by Anonymousreply 109June 23, 2020 1:59 PM

The GOP don't cares about stimulus if it specifically is aimed to help the rich. They had the Obama stimulus because it was aimed at the middle class.

by Anonymousreply 110June 23, 2020 2:00 PM

[quote] R20: This is crazy because what if you made 100k last year but this year you made squat? No money for you!

I donā€™t know about this, in this instance; however, the Medicare part B premium is based, in part, on your income from two years previous. It your income two years ago was artificially high, they have a process to challenging a premium hike due to that one-year extra income.

If your income exceeds $75,000, such as $75,100, does that mean you get nothing? Usually they give a reduced benefit for higher incomes, starting at some level; and phase the benefit out completely at a higher income level. Thatā€™s how the Roth income-qualification works.

by Anonymousreply 111June 23, 2020 2:07 PM

Heard this on the news...

Major Corporations are NOT going to pay rent, commercial rental market is going to bust. They are letting their workers (that they have not fired yet) work from home, permanently. This is to get out of commercial rental lease. Then, mass firing down the road.

by Anonymousreply 112June 23, 2020 2:16 PM

Soon, counts will reopen and evictions will take place (no extension there) = people on the streets who canā€™t pay pass and present rent (or mortgages)

Additional employment $$ will be stopped = people without money to pay for necessities

GOP solution = Go back to work (with CV raging) and get sick or die.

by Anonymousreply 113June 23, 2020 2:17 PM

Counts = courts

by Anonymousreply 114June 23, 2020 2:18 PM

R103 R104, I make just over the median salary in this country. After taxes, 401k contributions and insurance, my take home is less than what someone currently collecting unemployment + the $600 government stimulus gets. And R104, who said I was mad at my fellow neighbor? They didn't make the stimulus package. Don't put words in my mouth just because yours is filled with your foot.

by Anonymousreply 115June 23, 2020 5:07 PM

Sounds like you need a raise. The median income is a joke and was the same in 1970.

Why has company revenues and profits soared while your salary stays the same or shrinks?

Youā€™re mad at the wrong people.

by Anonymousreply 116June 23, 2020 5:16 PM

I'm not mad at the wrong people. I received a raise just last fall.

by Anonymousreply 117June 23, 2020 5:22 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!