Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

FINALLY - Murder Charges Laid In Ahmaud Arbery shooting

Gregory McMichael and Travis McMichael were arrested in connection with the killing of Mr. Arbery, which had led to protests in Georgia.

WTF took authorities so long?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21May 22, 2020 7:34 PM

If that video was never released publicly 3 days ago, you can bet they'd still be roaming free.

by Anonymousreply 1May 8, 2020 4:30 PM

I'm sure they made them take off their MAGA hats for the mug shot. The stereotypical trump supporters...fat and stupid.

by Anonymousreply 2May 8, 2020 4:35 PM

R2 - you forgot ugly.

by Anonymousreply 3May 8, 2020 4:37 PM

We know...since yesterday...and yesterday’s threads. Do a search, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 4May 8, 2020 4:38 PM

All one has to do is turn the tables on an incident. If a white person was jogging down an open street and a car with two black men confronted the runner and shot him dead, would them be arrested?

Georgia is still such a fucked up state, judiciously and politically.

by Anonymousreply 5May 8, 2020 6:38 PM

Has anyone called for the district attorney to step down for hiding this video

by Anonymousreply 6May 8, 2020 6:40 PM

Do these two people have a lot of info on other officers? Did that stop the officials from arresting them originally?

by Anonymousreply 7May 8, 2020 6:43 PM

Joe Biden:

[quote]Ahmaud Arbery was shot down in cold blood. His family deserves justice — and they deserve it now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 10, 2020 5:57 AM

Joe Biden’s Twitter writer is incensed.

Joe Biden wants pudding. He’s asked three times now.

by Anonymousreply 9May 10, 2020 6:03 AM

They couldn't find the two, because all white people look alike.

by Anonymousreply 10May 10, 2020 12:40 PM

Your Britishness is showing, OP.

by Anonymousreply 11May 10, 2020 2:42 PM

It’s fucking Georgia. Black people can be shot for queuing in a McDonald’s drive thru...

by Anonymousreply 12May 10, 2020 2:50 PM

New video shows him at the house under construction but not stealing from it. Tomi Lehren:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 11, 2020 1:28 AM

Intensive efforts are being made to shift blame to the victim. He made us shoot him, he really did.

by Anonymousreply 14May 11, 2020 2:07 AM

Georgia Attorney General requests U.S. Dept. of Justice investigate Ahmaud Arbery case

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 11, 2020 3:52 AM

Now a 3rd person got arrested for video-taping the incident and blocking Ahmaud from running away. This is so sad on so many levels.

by Anonymousreply 16May 22, 2020 3:41 PM

I’m in a FB group devoted to photographing houses that are about to be torn down. No one has ever been shot going through deserted houses. 🤔🤔

by Anonymousreply 17May 22, 2020 3:56 PM

r17 probably because there is nothing to steal

by Anonymousreply 18May 22, 2020 4:10 PM

We used to scope out homes under construction when I was a kid. But we never got any guff because cameras weren't ubiquitous back then and we were white kids. Oh and one thing I know - law enforcement I don't care where you are in the U.S. they close ranks and never cross the blue line. Seriously - that's why I advocate a) disarming all police and b) setting up prosecutors whose sole job is to prosecute police misconduct.

Oh yeah and once a cop, always a cop. As a kid I wondered why we never got hassled by the local police. Even the State Police were deferential towards us. I found out why in 2005, my maternal grandfather did 20 years on the Police Force. He was my 'guardian angel' It all makes sense to me now.

That said the McMichaels are going to jail for a time. No doubt there. And they should, they murdered another human who happened to have brown skin. And if there's no racial motivation for this then what was the motive for gunning him down?

I mean I can imagine if I were dark skinned and two white guys tried to stop me. Ones who likely never identified as police or former police. I'd fight back too. Well I don't have to imagine too much, put me in the sun for about 15-20 minutes a day and I turn brown.

by Anonymousreply 19May 22, 2020 4:37 PM

I hope the killer and his son has the same level of incompetent lawyer as the man who filmed the incident does. Send them ALL up the river!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20May 22, 2020 6:26 PM

This is so shameful. That poor kid. Fry those rotten bastards.

by Anonymousreply 21May 22, 2020 7:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!