Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The inexplicable success of Rachael Ray!

How did this woman become popular and successful?

Who is her fanbase?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174May 18, 2020 5:18 AM

Fraus.

by Anonymousreply 1May 6, 2020 6:25 PM

I've never cared for her. I don't trust a cook who can't bake. I have a relative that loves her and makes her recipes all the time and they aren't that good. And, I blame RR not my relative, because she is a good cook when she makes other things.

by Anonymousreply 2May 6, 2020 6:30 PM

Mother quite enjoys her

by Anonymousreply 3May 6, 2020 6:32 PM

No neck bitch .

by Anonymousreply 4May 6, 2020 6:33 PM

EVOO users.

by Anonymousreply 5May 6, 2020 6:35 PM

It's not complicated, she gave recipes that are simple and fast for basic home cooks who make to make a quick dinner. Her cooking isn't as involved as professional chefs.

by Anonymousreply 6May 6, 2020 6:39 PM

Fraus who watch Food Network found her relatable. She doesn't make them feel insecure like Giada or poor like Ina with her Hamptons home and exclusive ingredients (use "good" olive oil), and her cooking is on par with their kitchen abilities. It didn't hurt that she came up with catchphrases that, while annoying, became popular (Yummers!). She's a good fit for their Live Love Laugh lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 7May 6, 2020 6:46 PM

Isn't she another one of Oprah's low talent finds she off loaded onto the American viewing public?

by Anonymousreply 8May 6, 2020 6:47 PM

I watched one episode of her show. I thought she looked slovenly and never went back.

by Anonymousreply 9May 6, 2020 6:50 PM

She appealed to America's tasteless gluttony with her "creative" twists on American classics: Buffalo Chicken Pasta; Jerk Chicken Pasta; Jambalaya Pasta; Barbecue Pork Pasta; Chili Dog Pasta; etc.

by Anonymousreply 10May 6, 2020 6:52 PM

I will say, there is one thing I like about her. How after Regis was treated so shabbily by abc, she stepped in and had him on once a month in daytime tv where he belonged, along with Kathie Lee on NBC.

by Anonymousreply 11May 6, 2020 6:54 PM

[quote]I don't trust a cook who can't bake.

That's an idiotic position, regardless of one's opinion of Ms. Ray.

by Anonymousreply 12May 6, 2020 6:56 PM

I hate her, always have.

It was gratifying when, years later, the truth came out about what a cunt she is to staff and audiences alike.

Oprah unleashing all these assholes on the world make me dislike her, too, because birds of a feather?

by Anonymousreply 13May 6, 2020 6:57 PM

R12 It is because I find baking to be the easiest form of cooking. So if you can't master that, how can I trust that you can do anything else? Maybe, I'm just a natural baker.

by Anonymousreply 14May 6, 2020 7:00 PM

R13, I'm not so sure that Oprah discovered her though.

by Anonymousreply 15May 6, 2020 7:01 PM

[quote]Oprah unleashing all these assholes on the world make me dislike her, too, because birds of a feather?

Rachel Ray is a ray of sunshine compared to the likes of those no-good, fuckers Dr. Oz and "Dr." Phil.

by Anonymousreply 16May 6, 2020 7:02 PM

She was on Triscuit boxes for a while, on the backside she offered some fatty sounding dip recipes.

by Anonymousreply 17May 6, 2020 7:05 PM

My sister likes her, but my sister also loves shopping at Costco, drinking sweet wines, and calls it EVOO now.

by Anonymousreply 18May 6, 2020 7:09 PM

Nigella anyone?

by Anonymousreply 19May 6, 2020 7:09 PM

Fraus and men who thought she was "cute" compared to other female "chefs" on tv. Her food was fucking garbage. And apparently, behind the scenes, she's one of the biggest bitches on television (I've heard meaner than Ellen).

by Anonymousreply 20May 6, 2020 7:11 PM

The Uk has the divine Nigella Lawson and the US has this cow. Says it all really.

by Anonymousreply 21May 6, 2020 7:11 PM

R15 Not discovered. Unleashed. Like the plague.

by Anonymousreply 22May 6, 2020 7:16 PM

Is she fat again?

by Anonymousreply 23May 6, 2020 7:18 PM

Serve the stoup with a spoontula.

by Anonymousreply 24May 6, 2020 7:21 PM

[quote]The Uk has the divine Nigella Lawson and the US has this cow. Says it all really.

But the U.K. has its own version(s) of the Rachel Ray of sunlight. Class is a big deal over there and Nigella Lawson would be cooking for a demographic equivalent to Ina Garten’s. She isn’t down with the commoners.

by Anonymousreply 25May 6, 2020 7:22 PM

That $40 dollars a day show was awful, why go on vacation at all if you have to budget like that? She also stiffed the waitstaff on tips.

by Anonymousreply 26May 6, 2020 7:23 PM

She's nice, attractive, and makes delicious food.

Stop asking such asshole questions.

by Anonymousreply 27May 6, 2020 7:32 PM

Whatever happened to Rachael Ray's neck?

by Anonymousreply 28May 6, 2020 7:33 PM

I don't mind Rachel Ray. I find her voice sort of loud and harsh, but she serves a purpose. Nigella Lawson, on the other hand...well...everything she says, no matter what it is, seems to have the underlying subtext: "Look at my tits!"

by Anonymousreply 29May 6, 2020 7:53 PM

R27 = Chrissy

by Anonymousreply 30May 6, 2020 8:09 PM

R22, ah, in that case you're right. Oprah did help her unleash her talk show.

by Anonymousreply 31May 6, 2020 8:13 PM

"The Uk has the divine Nigella Lawson and the US has this cow. Says it all really."

The UK has stank sleeve and bad teeth/smelly breath. 'Nuff said.

by Anonymousreply 32May 6, 2020 8:16 PM

All of you whores would eat her Buffalo Ranch Artichoke dip, don't lie

by Anonymousreply 33May 6, 2020 8:17 PM

I like her. To me, Rachael seems relatable, down-to-earth, accessible, self-deprecating and her meals aren't outlandish haute cuisine. In my opinion, her market seems to include people who juggle families, work and home and other responsibilities. Her meals are easy to follow. Just my opinion, but Rachael isn't like other celebrity chefs whose cooking styles tend to be more be passive-aggressive condescending perfectionism.

by Anonymousreply 34May 6, 2020 8:19 PM

Al Roker saw her on some local Buffalo? tv station and took her to NBC. Spot on Today within 15 minutes FoodNetwork called her.

by Anonymousreply 35May 6, 2020 8:23 PM

She shows the masses how to prepare the Cheesecake Factory menu. That’s why she is popular. It is accessible food prepared by an accessible personality (whether that’s true or not doesn’t matter) in a format that’s familiar to the average daytime tv watcher.

by Anonymousreply 36May 6, 2020 8:32 PM

My point being, it’s not inexplicable at all.

by Anonymousreply 37May 6, 2020 8:35 PM

I did buy one of her endorsed fry, wok-ish pans @ Target years ago and have been quite pleased with it, but her endorsement barely influenced my purchase, but credit where credit is due

by Anonymousreply 38May 6, 2020 8:42 PM

Her audience? Fat fraus and people who think Olive Garden is fine dining

by Anonymousreply 39May 6, 2020 8:48 PM

Are you serious? Look at her, listen to her - it's completely explicable. She's perky, unthreatening, and looks like all the fraus who love her.

by Anonymousreply 40May 6, 2020 8:53 PM

Fat fraen like to see themselves, especially if they are "cutesy", and use baby talk words like "yummo".

by Anonymousreply 41May 6, 2020 8:55 PM

[quote] All of you whores would eat her Buffalo Ranch Artichoke dip, don't lie

Considering, I don't like Buffalo sauce, Ranch, nor Artichoke, I can honestly say that holds no appeal for me.

by Anonymousreply 42May 6, 2020 8:58 PM

As you lick your fingers r42. If it’s not that, it’s something...

by Anonymousreply 43May 6, 2020 9:01 PM

R7 Fraus don't like Giada?

by Anonymousreply 44May 6, 2020 9:02 PM

I used to love her old 30-Minute Meals shows, but the rebooted version she did last year (I think there were like 30 new episodes ... Food Network aired a new one every day for a whole month) was not nearly as good. Some of the episodes were OK, but the ones where she had her husband on were unwatchable. He's a mess.

by Anonymousreply 45May 6, 2020 9:02 PM

She really flies her truck stop hooker flag in this one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46May 6, 2020 9:10 PM

My partner, who is the cook in this household, has two of her pans, as well, and he's quite fond of them.

by Anonymousreply 47May 6, 2020 9:17 PM

R44, I think many fraus wouldn't like Giada. They would eye her with suspicion as she is always making decadent pastas and raviolo while maintaining a size zero and they probably think she's the type who would flirt with married hubsters!

by Anonymousreply 48May 6, 2020 9:19 PM

There is Rachael Ray dog food and my dog loves it.

by Anonymousreply 49May 6, 2020 9:47 PM

It was an Albany station R35. I knew her back in the day and she was sort of a local celebrity before she got her big break.

by Anonymousreply 50May 6, 2020 10:00 PM

She can thank Orka Winfrey for her success.

by Anonymousreply 51May 6, 2020 10:06 PM

She was cute back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 52May 6, 2020 10:16 PM

[quote] I have a relative that loves her and makes her recipes all the time and they aren't that good. And, I blame RR not my relative, because she is a good cook when she makes other things.

If I got repeated bad results from someone else's recipes, I'd stop using their recipes.

by Anonymousreply 53May 6, 2020 10:20 PM

I tried her Nutrish cat food on my cats a couple times (it's always on sale) and my cats threw it up.

by Anonymousreply 54May 6, 2020 10:20 PM

All this frau mocking gets tiresome. Your own mother is a frau. Admit it.

by Anonymousreply 55May 6, 2020 10:21 PM

[quote]I watched one episode of her show. I thought she looked slovenly and never went back.

The PERFECT Datalounge response.

by Anonymousreply 56May 6, 2020 10:24 PM

I really like these spoons (although not in this color -- bitch DOES love her orange!). They're very sturdy and heat-resistant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57May 6, 2020 10:32 PM

R53 The problem is she thinks they are great.

by Anonymousreply 58May 6, 2020 10:35 PM

We got to R45 before the 30 minute meals were mentioned. I used to watch those and liked her then. It was pre-Oprah. She gave good tips and was realistic with an authentic presence. PW will tell you it’s ok to use garlic power because we can’t ALL live at the lodge. RR would tell you that you should have fresh garlic in the kitchen because you use it in so many things.

Never felt compelled to watch her other stuff. But I think I saw 2 DL mentions of the cookware. I will give them a look as I have a pot I need to replace now.

by Anonymousreply 59May 6, 2020 10:59 PM

From 2002 or so

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60May 6, 2020 11:04 PM

Her poor aunt froze to death locked out of Rachael's house while house sitting for her. Rachael's cousins complained to the Enquirer or one of those publications that Rach didn't attend funeral because she had a show to tape, they felt her being the boss and all she could have rescheduled.

by Anonymousreply 61May 6, 2020 11:09 PM

her husband looks like he could be her brother(weird). and acts like she always has his balls gripped by her man hands at all times. I don't know why I watch her show though sometimes. its kind of a love to hate her thing I guess.

by Anonymousreply 62May 6, 2020 11:11 PM

What about her husband who likes getting spat upon and humiliated by a particular purchased NYC woman? One can only imagine.

Cusiamo, his name (sic?), must really loathe the idea of her cheap vacation show where she kept leaving waitstaff 15% or less as she was "teaching" viewers how to spend and economize at small restauranteurs expense as she stiffed small time servers in small time towns. It was unfortunate, when the quarters and nickels meant less than 15%!

by Anonymousreply 63May 6, 2020 11:30 PM

I bought a couple of her plates and bowls from Ollie's Bargain Outlet for $1.00 each. I use them for food & water for the stray cats in my yard.

They're actually junky, chip easily, and probably break just as easily. I'm sure that's why they ended up in Ollie's.

by Anonymousreply 64May 6, 2020 11:40 PM

Her husband always looks filthy. Does he ever bathe or wash his hair, or change his clothes? Rachael thinks he's top shelf. He's creepy looking.

by Anonymousreply 65May 6, 2020 11:43 PM

He looks drunk and weepy.

by Anonymousreply 66May 6, 2020 11:46 PM

[quote] But the U.K. has its own version(s) of the Rachel Ray of sunlight.

Who is the U.K. Rachael Ray?

by Anonymousreply 67May 6, 2020 11:46 PM

FFS, her husband is the guy he hires women to spit their gutteral phlegm on him. He must be really sane.

by Anonymousreply 68May 6, 2020 11:48 PM

Rachel Ray shot to fame via Oprah. She used to do a lot of 30 minute meals on Oprah’s show.

Oprah also foisted Nate “subway tile” Berkus and Suzie Orman on an unsuspecting public.

by Anonymousreply 69May 6, 2020 11:52 PM

Weren't the most fabulous "Doctors" Oz and Phil part of Oprah's bullshit stable of useless cunts foisted on humanity with all of her typical "judicious" BS foisted on stupid, discerning fraus?

by Anonymousreply 70May 6, 2020 11:57 PM

Yes. Dr. Phil was the jury consultant during her Texas trial, when she was sued for a disparaging comment made about hamburgers.

by Anonymousreply 71May 7, 2020 12:03 AM

She likes wine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72May 7, 2020 12:08 AM

This thread is SO not yummers!

by Anonymousreply 73May 7, 2020 12:11 AM

She’s approachable, makes it look fairly easy and isn’t snobby. Next question?

by Anonymousreply 74May 7, 2020 12:15 AM

Funny story. RR had Alan Alda on her show a couple of years ago. No sooner does AA arrive on the set after the usual OTT gushy RR introduction, and he remarks to RR "Wow! You really ARE short!" Silence. Dead Silence.

by Anonymousreply 75May 7, 2020 12:18 AM

Agree, R74. She doesn't act like you need "good vanilla / good olive oil" (Ina Garten) or "only the best" ingredients (Mario Batali). She looks like she actually eats, drinks, and cooks at home. When she cooks, though, all of her dishes need to be simmered, caramelized or whatever longer than she actually does simmer, etc. (She's trying to make all her recipes seem do-able in too short of a period of time.)

by Anonymousreply 76May 7, 2020 12:22 AM

She's big with the diabetes crowd.

by Anonymousreply 77May 7, 2020 12:30 AM

[quote] She's big...

by Anonymousreply 78May 7, 2020 12:41 AM

Rachel likes **quantity**!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79May 7, 2020 12:46 AM

I can't imagine she would be offended by any comment about her height. She's always talking about being too short for the ovens on her new 30-minute meal set.

by Anonymousreply 80May 7, 2020 12:48 AM

If you ever saw her mother the few times she had her on her show you'd know why she's so fucked up. Her mother was like some seriously depressed old woman just let out of a mental institution.

by Anonymousreply 81May 7, 2020 12:49 AM

My dogs will not touch anything from her line of dog food and snacks. I don't know what's wrong with it but they turn their noses up and they are not fussy dogs.

by Anonymousreply 82May 7, 2020 12:50 AM

Does Rachael not even taste her own dog and cat food? What's wrong with her?

by Anonymousreply 83May 7, 2020 12:53 AM

off topic, but I miss the cute guy she had on sometimes... grant melton. Im assuming she's a domineering bitch to staff to compensate her short height and ego but if you want to be financially successful in the industry she's in you kind of have to be. would love do down some shots with her, I bet she's a hoot!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84May 7, 2020 12:57 AM

As if she had anything to do with the development of those pet foods. Some factory lab somewhere came up with the formula and pays her a fee for using her name.

by Anonymousreply 85May 7, 2020 12:58 AM

My cats LOVE certain RR cat foods. One of them is super picky. So one or two flavors of dry (haven't switched for a while), one flavor of the wet, and one flavor of Fancy Feast. (The younger guy will eat pretty much anything,

Part two is that my brother used to talk about Giada a lot. So I think dudes do like her.

by Anonymousreply 86May 7, 2020 1:05 AM

Here's the story about RR's aunt dying outside in the cold.

[quote] Rachael Ray’s elderly aunt collapsed and died in freezing cold temperatures while house-sitting upstate for the TV chef’s mom — sparking an ugly family fight over her passing. Geraldine Dominica Scuderi, 77, accidentally locked herself outside in the bone-chilling cold on Nov. 29 [2013] and died outdoors, authorities said Wednesday. Scuderi had been house-sitting in Queensbury near Lake George at the home of Ray’s mom, Elsa Scuderi — and the victim’s daughter [Gina Mesnick] places the blame on her ­famous cousin and the homeowner. Home-security cameras show Geraldine desperately trying to break a window to get back inside, officials said. The family rift grew larger when Ray and hubby John Cusimano were ­no-shows at aunt Geraldine’s funeral last Thursday. But the Scuderi family isn’t buying it. “Mom was paid $300 to house-sit for her sister [Elsa] five days a week,” Mesnick [RR's cousin] said.

Must've been a really remote location or else the aunt would've asked a neighbor for help, I'm guessing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87May 7, 2020 1:09 AM

What kind of fool would have a relative house sit 5 days a week and not even give her a key to the house? Was she supposed to just stay there 24 hours a day? Rachael not even going to her funeral shows what kind of person she is. I gather the rest of the family don't care for her.

by Anonymousreply 88May 7, 2020 1:12 AM

Read the whole article, R88, she went outside to feed the birds and realized the door was locked.

by Anonymousreply 89May 7, 2020 1:13 AM

r57 Those are some challenging toys, what kind of lube do you use?

by Anonymousreply 90May 7, 2020 1:22 AM

That article does not tell the full story. They never gave the woman a key to the house, and they had changed the code on the garage door keypad without telling her.

This article tells the full story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91May 7, 2020 1:22 AM

"How did this woman become popular and successful?"

I think it has something to do with what she looks like off camera.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92May 7, 2020 1:28 AM

Shhhh ! Rachel is eating!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93May 7, 2020 2:39 AM

Eating again!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94May 7, 2020 2:41 AM

Her husband looks like the type who pays a hooker $500 an hour and does nothing but sit in a chair and cry and piss his pants.

by Anonymousreply 95May 7, 2020 3:19 AM

You just know Rachel pegs him

by Anonymousreply 96May 7, 2020 3:20 AM

Her success is fiendishly simple, really. She ate her opposition.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97May 7, 2020 3:23 AM

One thing she did well was give novice home cooks some basic tips that made them feel more proficient or confident in the kitchen.

Hit the garlic clove with your knife to loosen the skin. Roll the citrus under your palm before you slice it; you'll get more juice. Put about "two glugs" of oil in the Dutch oven, or a "palmful" of spice, more if you like it spicier.

I know this seems basic as hell, but I have family members who are intimidated by cooking and feel they have to follow a recipe to the letter.

She also was good at simultaneously cooking, "narrating" the recipe, and injecting her own stories into the whole process. I can cook and perhaps do one of the other, but not both.

by Anonymousreply 98May 7, 2020 3:26 AM

Jesus, look at the house in r87 ‘s pic — it’s lit up like a road construction site at night.

by Anonymousreply 99May 7, 2020 3:26 AM

She's one chubby woman

by Anonymousreply 100May 7, 2020 3:28 AM

Remember when she put rashers of bacon into a microwave oven and claimed it as an original recipe? What a fucking hack.

by Anonymousreply 101May 7, 2020 3:28 AM

She then claimed to have copyright over a sensational new recipe — a fried ground beef patty with a slice of melted American cheese on top, served in a bun!

I tried it at home — it was delicious!

by Anonymousreply 102May 7, 2020 3:32 AM

Are any of her recipes actually good?

by Anonymousreply 103May 7, 2020 3:38 AM

I kinda like her. I watched that retarded "Hot Ones" show with my nephew and she was on. She threw down and was legitimately funny. Seemed super down to earth. I liked her after that.

by Anonymousreply 104May 7, 2020 3:49 AM

💃[italic] SRIRACHA !

by Anonymousreply 105May 7, 2020 4:24 AM

Half pound burgers with four slices of cheese and six to eight slices of thick cut bacon and a big honkin' serving of hand cut fries with a big fat handful of shredded cheddar and a big ol' scoop of hot chili, and a great big scoop of coleslaw. Yuuuum!

And that's how she lost her girlish figure ...........

by Anonymousreply 106May 7, 2020 4:33 AM

She's profiting from Fraus. We know they're like to certain people and brands. We need to figure out a way to tap into Fraus and profit.

by Anonymousreply 107May 7, 2020 4:40 AM

I like her for the most part, but I cannot watch her talk show (or anyone else's for that matter) because of the annoying studio audiences and their constant applause. I mean they applaud every ingredient in her recipes.

I think it's pretty impressive that she (and Kelly Clarkson, as well) have managed to become successful daytime chat show hosts when so many people who would seem to be more qualified have failed miserably. I'm looking at you Katie Couric, Anderson Cooper, Bonnie Hunt, Megan Mullally, et. al.

by Anonymousreply 108May 7, 2020 6:05 AM

Who would win a sumo wrestling fight? Rachael Ray or Kelly Clarkson?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109May 7, 2020 6:19 AM

Can't watch her. She eats with her fingers as she's cooking, licks those fingers clean, sticks those dirty piggies right back in and repeats the cycle several times. And she never washes her hands.

It's probably a good thing that she doesn't bake.

by Anonymousreply 110May 7, 2020 6:22 AM

She's the Joy Behar of cooking shows.

by Anonymousreply 111May 7, 2020 6:31 AM

She's always talking about going to the gym, and running five miles every day.

Find that hard to believe.

by Anonymousreply 112May 7, 2020 6:33 AM

Hey, at least she didn't go full frau and breed. She was pretty clear she didn't want kids and was happy with her rescue dogs.

Wait, are we sure she isn't a lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 113May 7, 2020 6:38 AM

Her stubby-ass hands scare me. I have some short family members who put on the pounds post-menopause and they all have normal hands. Is that an Italian thing?

She’s also one of those people who would say on 30 minute meals “if you eat well, you can eat more,” which confirmed my long-held theory that just the opposite is true: it’s not what you eat, but how much. Eat rich food in small portions and you won’t end up a cow like her.

I’ve also commented on a couple other threads about first hand bitch stories and I’ve heard that consistently about her, from photographers (press line type photographers) to PR people, event planners, etc.

Not a fan! But I totally see how she appeals to the, ahem, frau contingent.

by Anonymousreply 114May 7, 2020 7:21 AM

Se llama con putos desgraciados como tu, y nuestro siglo no va parar las puterias.

by Anonymousreply 115May 7, 2020 9:03 AM

She kind of annoys me but I like her well enough to watch for five minutes. She’s popular because she’s not threatening. And I’m thinking not threatening to other women in particular. If you’re Charlene from Des Moines who would you rather hang out with? RR or Giada?

by Anonymousreply 116May 7, 2020 9:59 AM

I liked her back in the original 30 Minute Meals days. It was a good starting point for someone like me who didn’t know much about cooking, especially as a fresh college graduate living on my own. I liked the fact the recipes were quick, inexpensive, and easy to make. Also, she had modified versions of various ethnic recipes. It was a good way to experiment, get out of your comfort zone and be introduced to ingredients you’d normally bypass. I stopped watching when she got that talk show but whatever, she taught me a few things.

by Anonymousreply 117May 7, 2020 10:15 AM

R86 Your cats are fat fraus.

by Anonymousreply 118May 7, 2020 11:21 AM

She looks like she likes kinky dirty sex a lot. Gross.

by Anonymousreply 119May 7, 2020 12:35 PM

She's a big pitbull aficionado.

by Anonymousreply 120May 7, 2020 12:48 PM

Years ago there was some info on the internet about her taking student loan or grant money she received to go to college and instead of going to school she went out and blew the whole thing on things she wanted. That tidbit seems to have been washed from the interwebs today.

by Anonymousreply 121May 7, 2020 12:50 PM

Rumor has it that she and her good-looking husband are swingers.

by Anonymousreply 122May 7, 2020 1:00 PM

Buying the most expensive EVOO, pasta imported from Italy, premium bacon and pancetta, pricey cheeses, and ridiculously priced wines that most people can't afford is not eating well.

by Anonymousreply 123May 7, 2020 1:21 PM

She used to be so cute and bubbly and petite.

But then again, weren't we all.

by Anonymousreply 124May 7, 2020 1:23 PM

Yeah, even this homo would've motorboated those boobs back when. She came across as friendly and accessible in the Food Network days. Can't stand her now, but she used to be a fun balance from the bigger names and fancier chefs

by Anonymousreply 125May 7, 2020 1:46 PM

[quote]Half pound burgers with four slices of cheese and six to eight slices of thick cut bacon and a big honkin' serving of hand cut fries with a big fat handful of shredded cheddar and a big ol' scoop of hot chili, and a great big scoop of coleslaw. Yuuuum!

Fuck! Now I'm hungry!

by Anonymousreply 126May 7, 2020 1:50 PM

"[R86] Your cats are fat fraus."

No they're not. They're both boys. But one is pretty fat (the picky one).

by Anonymousreply 127May 7, 2020 2:49 PM

Good looking husband?

He looks like a hobo who rides the rails.

by Anonymousreply 128May 7, 2020 3:06 PM

I just googled "Rachel Ray's husband" and got this:

[quote]Not only is Rachael Ray's husband John Cusimano handsome, charming, and completely straight, but he is also the lead singer of an indie rock band called The Cringe.

🤔

by Anonymousreply 129May 7, 2020 3:08 PM

I think he's incredibly handsome.

by Anonymousreply 130May 7, 2020 3:10 PM

If she'd only had an axe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131May 7, 2020 4:43 PM

I never seen her show, but I've noticed on her commercials for dog food and when I see photos of her she is always dressed terribly.

Why doesn't she get help with that?

by Anonymousreply 132May 7, 2020 5:15 PM

She has to cover up all the carb intake.

by Anonymousreply 133May 7, 2020 5:17 PM

I went searching to see if "Buffalo Ranch Artichoke Dip" is a thing, but apparently it is not. I really want to make this now, for train-wreck watching reasons.

Because I really dislike stinky cheeses, I don't want to make her Buffalo Chicken Dip, which sounds less like a recipe than it does assembly instructions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134May 7, 2020 5:51 PM

just add some smoke and heat sour cream?

by Anonymousreply 135May 7, 2020 7:01 PM

The was a success because she was in the right place at the right time and had Oprah backing her up during the days everything Oprah touched turned to gold. If she came on the scene today I doubt she's get anywhere. And I don't believe for one second she actually wrote all those cookbooks attributed to her. She's probably got a whole staff of people who compile all those recipes for her. She's not a chef, has no culinary training. She's just a TV cook.

by Anonymousreply 136May 7, 2020 7:56 PM

She had a show on Food Network for four years before Oprah gave her the talk show.

by Anonymousreply 137May 7, 2020 8:08 PM

Smart to start off in a small market and get your legs.

by Anonymousreply 138May 7, 2020 8:14 PM

Giada's too pretty, therefore she makes viewers feel badly about themselves, while Ina makes them feel badly about how poor they are. Rachael Ray is sunny, upbeat, she's not horrific looking but not as pretty as Giada, and what she makes you can find in your own town.

by Anonymousreply 139May 7, 2020 8:30 PM

Fat fraus.

Even as a kid I always thought she was shady and cunty.

by Anonymousreply 140May 7, 2020 8:34 PM

[quote] She had a show on Food Network for four years before Oprah gave her the talk show.

She got that cooking show, not the chat show, because of Oprah.

by Anonymousreply 141May 7, 2020 8:52 PM

I've read that Giada keeps a spit bucket at the ready on her show so she can spit out anything she pretends to eat. Poor thing is scared to death to gain 4 ounces.

I wonder if she spit when she and Bobby Fley were fucking.

by Anonymousreply 142May 7, 2020 8:54 PM

r141, this says otherwise

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143May 7, 2020 9:07 PM

I want to see Oprah and RR mudwrestle

by Anonymousreply 144May 7, 2020 9:09 PM

R129 He went to law school and passed the bar, but I'm not sure if he's ever practiced law.

by Anonymousreply 145May 7, 2020 9:27 PM

She's CHEERFUL and CHUBBY

by Anonymousreply 146May 7, 2020 10:01 PM

R146, the correct world is jolly.

by Anonymousreply 147May 7, 2020 10:03 PM

Her dog food isn't so great either!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148May 7, 2020 10:25 PM

Rachael has a tendency to add a lot of extras to basic recipes, and that changes the flavors. I prefer the simple, original flavors.

She loves adding massive amounts of garlic and hot sauces to her recipes that smother the flavors in a not so good way. I'm personally not a fan of strong garlic flavor or hot and spicy.

I want to taste the food.

by Anonymousreply 149May 7, 2020 11:35 PM

[quote]Whatever happened to Rachael Ray's neck?

Same thing that happened to your abs

by Anonymousreply 150May 8, 2020 9:49 PM

[quote] Whatever happened to Rachael Ray's neck?

From the looks of her, she ate it.

by Anonymousreply 151May 8, 2020 10:09 PM

She seems to have switched from EVOO to lard. She's certainly got one lard ass.

by Anonymousreply 152May 8, 2020 10:11 PM

Damn! Y’all hateful to my gurl, Rachel! I have tried out some of her thirty minute meals. They aren’t bad. When I first moved into my own place I watched her all the time. I didn’t know how to make anything but sandwiches and basic stuff before I started watching her show. I can see why she is so popular. She works on the principal that anybody can cook. You just have to learn the basics.

by Anonymousreply 153May 8, 2020 10:31 PM

She's fat and happy.

by Anonymousreply 154May 10, 2020 2:09 AM

she said it on a show once “I don’t bake!” and opened a fucking can of pears and put it in her ugly faux mid-century bakeware with cinnamon and brown sugar on top and warmed it in the oven, then scooped it into a bowl with a scoop of ice cream on top and the audience went “woooooo” as if she did something incredible. It looked gross and stupid.

by Anonymousreply 155May 10, 2020 2:44 AM

She eats a lot of pork.

by Anonymousreply 156May 10, 2020 6:44 AM

Oops R141 , I love it when people are completely wrong after they go to the trouble to quote the person they are correcting.

I agree with the poster who pointed out the small market. I really don't think RR would have gotten the breaks that she did if she had not done well on her way up through the local affiliate. at that level, you don't have a team of corporate types telling the people what they like. She was pleasant, charismatic and non-threatening. She did that on her own. It was what attracted Oprah and she should be proud of that. The fate of most local TV people doesn't fall far from the disco light.

by Anonymousreply 157May 10, 2020 7:27 AM

Paragraph six, bullet four:

As a condition of employment with Harpo/Oprah Winfrey, I understand that I must always maintain a body weight at least thirty pounds heavier than Oprah Winfrey.

by Anonymousreply 158May 10, 2020 9:11 PM

FATface!

by Anonymousreply 159May 12, 2020 7:10 AM

How much does Rachel Ray weigh?

by Anonymousreply 160May 12, 2020 7:12 AM

R160 how much does an average whale weigh? There's your answer

by Anonymousreply 161May 12, 2020 7:25 AM

I've never tried a Rachael recipe but they look vomitous. Giada's recipes have all been failures bar one and she seems like she's be a real phoney/bitch in real life

by Anonymousreply 162May 12, 2020 7:27 AM

[quote]Giada's recipes have all been failures bar one and she seems like she's be a real phoney/bitch in real life

But those tits... Jesus Christ!

by Anonymousreply 163May 12, 2020 1:30 PM

[quote] Can't watch her. She eats with her fingers as she's cooking, licks those fingers clean, sticks those dirty piggies right back in and repeats the cycle several times. And she never washes her hands.

You say all that as if it’s a bad thing.

by Anonymousreply 164May 12, 2020 1:41 PM

Though I avoid her TV show, I admire Rachel Ray. She's taken a minimal knowledge of cooking combined a winning personality (to some) and become a $$$ television personality. That fact that she's lasted this long is what's surprising and irritating to me. I'd say IT'S TIME TO GO RACHEL, but they'll milk as much out of her before showing her the door. Her insufferable TV show with that infomercial audience with their ooh and ahhhs and fake applause...there are no words.

by Anonymousreply 165May 12, 2020 1:52 PM

[quote]As a condition of employment with Harpo/Oprah Winfrey, I understand that I must always maintain a body weight at least thirty pounds heavier than Oprah Winfrey.

I feel her pain.

by Anonymousreply 166May 12, 2020 9:16 PM

She's a big old Pumpkinhead!

by Anonymousreply 167May 13, 2020 4:20 PM

This thread is really inappropriate.

I'd like to speak to the manager.

by Anonymousreply 168May 13, 2020 4:22 PM

She has a hard time maintaining her weight.

by Anonymousreply 169May 16, 2020 7:34 AM

When you're that short, 5lb weight gain looks like 20lbs.

It's like guys under 5'9 who body build. The more bulk, the shorter they look.

by Anonymousreply 170May 16, 2020 7:50 AM

[quote] No neck bitch

Don’t be making fun of my people!

by Anonymousreply 171May 16, 2020 8:23 AM

How tall is she? Five two?

by Anonymousreply 172May 16, 2020 10:19 PM

She's Frau heaven.

by Anonymousreply 173May 18, 2020 4:54 AM

Who decided this was a good idea?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174May 18, 2020 5:18 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!