Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kevin Spacey complains about his treatment over sexual assault allegations

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81May 11, 2020 2:41 AM

Crying as I type . . .

by Anonymousreply 1May 6, 2020 3:13 PM

Hollywood isn't "your OWN industry", Kevin. You just got lucky enough to be a part of it for awhile. Then you fucked it all up.

by Anonymousreply 2May 6, 2020 3:33 PM

Moral of the story: Don't be an unrepentant sex pest for decades, because you may eventually suffer some consequences.

by Anonymousreply 3May 6, 2020 4:04 PM

It was so easy, Kevin, to just keep your psychopath fucking hands to yourself, but you didn't. Now you pay. It's very simple.

by Anonymousreply 4May 6, 2020 5:51 PM

Oh, Kevin, those were not "relationships", just the middle school playground.

by Anonymousreply 5May 6, 2020 6:01 PM

I'm sure the Darfur orphans are crying as we speak

by Anonymousreply 6May 6, 2020 6:39 PM

I came across all the articles today about this. I'm no Spacey fan but these articles about what his talk is a complete fucking joke. I actually watched the virtual meeting when it happened. The media's spin on this is complete bullshit and just goes to show how biased & gullible people are to whatever crock of shit the media outlets and blue check marks put out there.

First & foremost, its absolutely hysterical that the outlets picked this up now when the meeting happened on March 29. A little late, don't you think? This is more proof of what I think is happening to "journalism".... 'writers" just scouring the internet and social media sites for something to write. And again, I was proven correct. Also, the virtual meeting featured a number of speakers in the start up tech world. So this wasnt just about Spacey.

As for the speech Spacey gave, he did not complain about his MeToo treatment. When he talked about losing his job, relationships and standing, it was about his professional life but he talked about it matter-of-factly. He didn't complain about it or say how "painful" it was. As usual, this is something that the media got out of its ass. Spacey didn't compare his downfall to people losing their jobs because of the pandemic. Again, complete nonsense. What he did do was give an understand of how a person's life can change when their livelihood comes to a complete stop unexpectedly. And what he advised (which no one bothered to talk about) was to take care of yourself and your health first, and not put your entire identity in your work or business. And as a person who works in Broadway/entertainment, that's exactly what happened with our business. And although I'm losing money, I've been able to focus on myself and things I've needed to do that I would've never done because I constantly work. That was the point, not some pity party.

Everyone can have their opinion, but when opinions are formed based on the god awful opinion from news outlets who can't get the story straight, this becomes an exercise in utter idiocy.

by Anonymousreply 7May 8, 2020 8:57 PM

R7 Is it online somewhere? I've been following this story with great interest and would like to hear the whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 8May 8, 2020 9:07 PM

R7 is a biased Spacey fan claiming he's not a fan so he'll seem less biased. Why would a non-fan go on such a long screed, attacking the "media" when Spacey is the one who's a sexual predator

Right-wingers see "the media" as the enemy (even though they believe everything Faux news tells them). They accuse others of being gullible but believe everything that comes out of Trump's mouth.

by Anonymousreply 9May 8, 2020 9:12 PM

Like a non-fan would sit through that whole "virtual meeting"

R7 is such a liar

by Anonymousreply 10May 8, 2020 9:13 PM

Still would like to see it and form my own opinion.

by Anonymousreply 11May 8, 2020 9:16 PM

Yeah, do not feel sorry for Spacey one bit.

by Anonymousreply 12May 8, 2020 9:17 PM

Why hasn’t anyone blown his brains out yet?

by Anonymousreply 13May 8, 2020 9:18 PM

"Spacey was asked during the podcast to reflect on the current coronavirus pandemic causing global and widespread devastation."

Why the FUCK should anybody give a rat's ass about what Kevin Spacey has to say about "the current coronavirus pandemic causing global and widespread devastation?" Jesus Christ! He's just a fucked up actor. Why should his opinion count for any damn thing?

He's a sexual predator who got found out. It ruined him deservedly and he whines about how badly he was treated. I guess he believes his crotch grabbing and blatant sexual passes were nothing to get upset about. I always had a bad feeling about Kevin Spacey. He always seemed like such a jerk, such a prick.

by Anonymousreply 14May 8, 2020 9:20 PM

I get the feeling Spacey wasn’t liked in the industry anyway. Didn’t the stories say he got his his unwilling victims fired if they didn’t comply?

Karma is a bitch, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 15May 8, 2020 9:21 PM

So, he's not denying the multitude of charges, or saying that his accusers lied. No, he's just complaining about how he's been unfairly persecuted.

Poor you!

by Anonymousreply 16May 8, 2020 9:22 PM

Yes he’s the male version of Rump. I’m a celebrity and I can grab them by the dick if I want.

by Anonymousreply 17May 8, 2020 9:22 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18May 8, 2020 10:01 PM

[quote]Yes he’s the male version of Rump.

Say what?

by Anonymousreply 19May 8, 2020 10:04 PM

I'm afraid to give my opinion on this thread, I might end up "suicided"

by Anonymousreply 20May 8, 2020 11:22 PM

He should do another one of those creepy videos where he appears to be in character as Francis Underwood. I’d like to hear Underwoods take on Covid-19.

by Anonymousreply 21May 9, 2020 12:18 AM

Box office poison.

by Anonymousreply 22May 9, 2020 12:42 AM

They wanted it

by Anonymousreply 23May 9, 2020 12:43 AM

They were asking for it, right? Being all young and cute and everything. With those tight butts in those waiter unif....hoo do I need a smoke.

by Anonymousreply 24May 9, 2020 12:48 AM

Follow the groped dead bodies

by Anonymousreply 25May 9, 2020 12:50 AM

He needs a massive facelift to raise his spirits. Get rid of all that bloodhound skin hanging.

by Anonymousreply 26May 9, 2020 1:40 AM

"I get the feeling Spacey wasn’t liked in the industry anyway."

I don't think he was ever known to be a very nice person. But he was revered as this great actor, winning two Academy awards. He was admired. Not anymore!

by Anonymousreply 27May 9, 2020 2:20 AM

Funny thing is no one misses him.

by Anonymousreply 28May 9, 2020 2:31 AM

Who?....

by Anonymousreply 29May 9, 2020 2:33 AM

The sad thing about those videos he was trying to draw up interest in House of Cards and most of the audience stopped caring about the show long ago. Wasn’t like he was as popular as Tony Soprano.

by Anonymousreply 30May 9, 2020 2:40 AM

[quote]It ruined him deservedly and he whines about how badly he was treated

FFS, HE DIDN'T DO THAT!!!!

[quote]Like a non-fan would sit through that whole "virtual meeting"

Do you even know what Bits and Pretzels is? Its a meeting space and resource for people that are involved with tech start ups and advancing the technology ecosphere. Entrepreneurs, security experts, investors, execs, programmers, etc. all have contributed to their conferences. They held the first virtual meeting because of the pandemic and it was so successful that they're doing more. 36,000 people attended the virtual meeting. It was 4 hours long and I caught the last 2 hours.

[quote]Why the FUCK should anybody give a rat's ass about what Kevin Spacey has to say....

Apparently Spacey has been investing in tech start ups. He partnered with Bits and Pretzels starting around 2016. The founders were asked that and it was about giving insight into having your business completely stop unexpectedly with no timetable of a return. This was a recurring theme in the conference as many startups & smaller firms are expected to fail this year because funding is going to dry up & resources won't be available for small organizations. So many of the speakers talked about survival mechanisms, coping and adjusting business models.

by Anonymousreply 31May 9, 2020 2:49 AM

R8 Here's the video:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32May 9, 2020 2:58 AM

[quote]Why would a non-fan go on such a long screed, attacking the "media" when Spacey is the one who's a sexual predator

Simple... because I'm getting real sick and tired of news outlets and social media making up shit out of their asses. Can't anybody with a keyboard just tell a story the way it is without some angle? And doesn't anyone with a computer screen at least review the original material for themselves, or does everyone just believe anything that is put out there?

Do I think Spacey is a predator? Absolutely. Do I think he whined about his downfall during a virtual presentation? NO! Because I actually saw it and that's not what happened. What gets me is the fact that "liberals" will call anyone stupid who don't accept their beliefs but they commit the same idiotic judgements that their political opponents commit.

by Anonymousreply 33May 9, 2020 2:59 AM

R31= kevin’s Something or Kevin

by Anonymousreply 34May 9, 2020 3:00 AM

What a poor guy! Let’s set up a gofundme page to help him. His suffering is far more important than sick and starved children in the underdeveloped countries

by Anonymousreply 35May 9, 2020 3:00 AM

R34 - No. I work for a production company and we're always expanding our tech infrastructure for shows, concerts, etc. Bits is a great resource for learning about companies, products and the direction in which technology is moving in. Because its a smaller organization, their presentations are more focused. So when our team goes to CES or any of the big tech shows, we know what to look for.

by Anonymousreply 36May 9, 2020 3:07 AM

[quote]R31 He partnered with Bits and Pretzels starting around 2016. The founders were asked that and it was about giving insight into having your business completely stop unexpectedly with no timetable of a return.

Rather unwise of them to publicize his association - -

by Anonymousreply 37May 9, 2020 3:15 AM

R37 - It didn't. 36K people attended the virtual meeting, completely sold out. And this was AFTER Spacey was announced he was attending. Their next event is in a week. This is a company that attracts tech & startup people, so it won't attract the general public. Also, honestly, these events are for people who take initiative, are committed and tend to be leaders, something social media just isn't. Last, I find that anyone who claims a boycott never showed up in the past, never planned on showing up, and is just virtue signalling We all know how well boycotts work on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 38May 9, 2020 3:28 AM

R33, I just watched the video. He did whine. Stop lying to defend Kevin.

R38 is douchebag signalling by using "virtue singalling" as an insult

by Anonymousreply 39May 9, 2020 4:09 AM

[quote]He partnered with Bits and Pretzels

Well, he's already adept at handling the bits and pieces.

by Anonymousreply 40May 9, 2020 4:23 AM

Is Mr. Spacey still serenading young Spaniard men on the streets of Seville?

by Anonymousreply 41May 9, 2020 4:25 AM

I'll admit, Kevin Spacey was kind of my hero before this shitstorm happened. He had so many fucked up characters in his arsenal, and you could tell he lived for it. There was really no one else like him. I was sad to hear of his downfall, maybe even thinking of him as creepy, but I'm also not naive enough to conclude the allegations are exactly how the media portrayed them.

After watching his speech at r32, I have much more respect for him. He says some really thoughtful, articulate things. Judging by the comments here, a lot of you are uninformed. He is actually not "cancelled," or banished away in a dungeon to rot, but succeeding now as an investor... yeah, sorry Twitter. I guess cancel culture does not apply when you cross over to other industries? It's just sad because I'd take him as an actor any day over a fucking investment banker.

The truth is that society decided to target him as their gay adjacent MeToo example, so as not to discriminate against gays, because "it's not JUST straights who are affected!" What a bunch of shit.

by Anonymousreply 42May 9, 2020 4:46 AM

He keeps digging that hole further and further. His ego keeps telling him he's missed. Nope. His buddy needs his pedophile ass kicked out of town too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43May 9, 2020 4:57 AM

Bryan Singer won a freaking Oscar. Some punishment.

by Anonymousreply 44May 9, 2020 5:31 AM

No he didn’t. Bryan singer won an Oscar? I don’t think so.

Anyone who gets a role in a major movie completely edited out and recast is cancelled. Anyone who stars in a popular series and gets killed off with one more season to go is cancelled. Sorry.

The kid of the newscaster he groped doesn’t sound so bad. If it was he would left immediately instead of texting friends but it does make all the other sordid stories we have heard about him seem true.

Don’t give me the crap about now he is an investor. Is that even a real job? Im sure he would rather be acting.

by Anonymousreply 45May 9, 2020 11:56 AM

[quote] The truth is that society decided to target him as their gay adjacent MeToo example

There is some truth to that.

by Anonymousreply 46May 9, 2020 4:31 PM

"The truth is that society decided to target him as their gay adjacent MeToo example, so as not to discriminate against gays, because "it's not JUST straights who are affected!"

"Society" did no such thing. It just so happened that people came forward telling of how he would make grotesque sexual advances towards them. Don't try to make Kevin Spacey out to be some poor mistreated little victim. He's a predator, not a victim.

by Anonymousreply 47May 9, 2020 4:47 PM

Back in the day, when Kevin Spacey was revered as a brilliant actor. Courtney Love said she "worshipped the ground he walked on." I wonder if she still does.

by Anonymousreply 48May 9, 2020 4:50 PM

R45 Bohemian Rhapsody won an Oscar. Bryan Singer is still solely credited as director. Even more weird, the film wasn't even that great.

by Anonymousreply 49May 9, 2020 5:00 PM

[quote] how he would make grotesque sexual advances towards them.

The fact that you had to add the word "grotesque" gives you away as a straight frau.

by Anonymousreply 50May 9, 2020 5:10 PM

I think that Spacey fell so hard and fast because so many people already really loathed him.

by Anonymousreply 51May 9, 2020 5:49 PM

"The truth is that society decided to target him as their gay adjacent MeToo example, so as not to discriminate against gays, because "it's not JUST straights who are affected!" What a bunch of shit."

Lies and more lies. He wasn't targeted by "society" - the MANY men he abused came forward and spilled the beans. And other gay men were exposed as predators - ask Bryan Singer or Bruce Weber. He wasn't the only one.

by Anonymousreply 52May 9, 2020 6:05 PM

R52 The average joe doesn't know who Bruce Weber or Bryan Singer are. Spacey made for a much more juicier story.

by Anonymousreply 53May 9, 2020 6:46 PM

"The fact that you had to add the word "grotesque" gives you away as a straight frau."

Using the word "grotesque" is indication of a being "a straight frau?" Boy, are you a dumb twat.

by Anonymousreply 54May 9, 2020 8:22 PM

A film Singer didn’t show up on the set most of the time got fired from when it almost finished and yes he still got credit and it won more than a few technical awards and Best Actor from an actor he had a terrible working relationship with. Yes the FILM won many Oscars himself Singer won nothing. I’m not even sure if he was nominated as a producer. Don’t try to tell me I’m wrong about The Oscars.

by Anonymousreply 55May 9, 2020 8:36 PM

Ok, but can we tell you you’re wrong about your grammar?

by Anonymousreply 56May 9, 2020 9:20 PM

More juicer, r53?

by Anonymousreply 57May 9, 2020 9:24 PM

The waiter thing was bullshit. First off myself and many of you would love to be plied with drinks and had a pass made at you in a men's restroom. IT'S ROMANTIC.

The accusation about the 14 year old that looked like a 7 year old is really what's disturbing, but why are you all fixated on the groping thing as if that's the most heinous transgression that could ever take place? Everyone loves a bit of groping from time to time unless you look like Joe Biden or Donald Trump. I'm afraid this MeToo thing is going to kill an aeons long tradition of men sticking their hands down each other's pants in close quarters.

Having your ass pinched in a crowd by some random pervert is a far more alarming experience. They got their thrill and aren't even sticking around to make sure YOU'RE satisfied. Shame on everyone involved.

by Anonymousreply 58May 9, 2020 9:34 PM

[quote]The accusation about the 14 year old that looked like a 7 year old...

I cant stand Spacey as much as anyone, but that's a stretch. Anthony Rapp did not look like he was 7.

[quote]Don’t give me the crap about now he is an investor. Is that even a real job? Im sure he would rather be acting.

Actually, these days, I think you want to be an investor. Hollywood and all of entertainment is in a complete hold. No one is making any money. If your a white non-woke male, your career is pretty much done in Hollywood. And with the exception of House of Cards, Spacey's last few roles were below his talent level. So his days in Hollywood were numbered, even without a scandal. At least if you're an investor, you can still make money. I bought stocks last month when the market tanked and I did pretty well. The tech companies that service businesses (not stupid sites like Yelp and Vox) are going to come out of this much stronger.

by Anonymousreply 59May 9, 2020 10:25 PM

[quote]If your a white non-woke male,

Oh, DEAR!

by Anonymousreply 60May 9, 2020 10:32 PM

The other thing Spacey is not addressing is the fact that he lied about his sexual orientation for years.

He lied over and over again that he wasn't gay and then he only finally came out once he was accused of sexual harassment by all these guys. It gave the public a terrible impression, and understandably so.

by Anonymousreply 61May 9, 2020 11:15 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62May 9, 2020 11:20 PM

R59 is hysterical. Obviously a Republican blaming everything he doesn't like on "woke" people and pretending that white males have it hard, when white males run Hollywood. Do you think most studios are run by black females? Are you retarded?

by Anonymousreply 63May 9, 2020 11:20 PM

I remember all those years when he was denying to be gay. "It's a lie", he was quoted as saying. And declaring his love for a woman (poor Diane) on the Academy Awards...what an asshole!

by Anonymousreply 64May 10, 2020 1:04 AM

He was such a shitty actor anyways. I’m glad he’s gone. Good riddance.

by Anonymousreply 65May 10, 2020 1:11 AM

r64 Yes, his 2000 Oscar speech is a work of art. Subtle shade thrown at Alan Ball too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66May 10, 2020 1:20 AM

I love you, Dianne!

by Anonymousreply 67May 10, 2020 1:22 AM

[quote]Simple... because I'm getting real sick and tired of news outlets and social media making up shit out of their asses. Can't anybody with a keyboard just tell a story the way it is without some angle? And doesn't anyone with a computer screen at least review the original material for themselves, or does everyone just believe anything that is put out there? Do I think Spacey is a predator? Absolutely. Do I think he whined about his downfall during a virtual presentation? NO! Because I actually saw it and that's not what happened. What gets me is the fact that "liberals" will call anyone stupid who don't accept their beliefs but they commit the same idiotic judgements that their political opponents commit.

r33, you are spot on. It was the bizarre reaction to anyone who even questioned any of the issues surrounding transgenderism that demonstrated to me that there is really no difference between the extreme left or right. The cult-like fervor surrounding the left should scare any moderate. Who would have thought the left would be championing anti-science (biological men should compete against women in sports) and forced language/censorship (mandatory pronouns and safe spaces).

by Anonymousreply 68May 10, 2020 1:23 AM

I am not crying as you speak, Mr. Spacey, because I never went to school and do not speak or understand your language.

It's called Lying Self-Absorbed Inhumane Arrogant Psychopath Sex-Abuser, isn't it? A form of English?

Please tell R6.

by Anonymousreply 69May 10, 2020 1:29 AM

[quote] Using the word "grotesque" is indication of a being "a straight frau?"

When using that word to describe man on man sex, yes, it's 100% an indicator.

by Anonymousreply 70May 10, 2020 1:39 AM

[qote]The other thing Spacey is not addressing is the fact that he lied about his sexual orientation for years. He lied over and over again that he wasn't gay and then he only finally came out once he was accused of sexual harassment by all these guys. It gave the public a terrible impression, and understandably so.

r61, I said from the very beginning that coming out as gay was a calculated effort by him and his PR team to soften the blow of the allegations. It was also clear from his coming out statement that he is bisexual, not gay. He spoke about having relationships and love affairs with both men and women throughout his life but that he now "identifies" as a gay man. Why come out as gay and not bisexual you ask? For the same reason he came out in the first place: he thought it would engender more sympathy and leniency with the public response to the allegations. It's my understanding (correct me if I'm wrong) that mixed in amongst the men, there were also allegations of sexual harassment towards at least one woman.

by Anonymousreply 71May 10, 2020 1:43 AM

Psychopaths are often bisexual, or maybe more like powersexual.

by Anonymousreply 72May 10, 2020 1:55 AM

r70, groping a teen is not "man on man sex"

by Anonymousreply 73May 10, 2020 1:58 AM

Kevin's response to all his underage victims.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74May 10, 2020 3:26 AM

"When using that word to describe man on man sex, yes, it's 100% an indicator."

Nobody said "man on man sex" was grotesque. Grabbing somebody's dick and jumping on the top of them definitely falls into that category and that was Spacey's way of showing he fancied somebody. I'd say his actions could rightly be called grotesque.

by Anonymousreply 75May 10, 2020 4:15 AM

[quote]I said from the very beginning that coming out as gay was a calculated effort by him and his PR team to soften the blow of the allegations.

Agreed -- Spacey would still be in the closet today if the accusers hadn't come forward.

He would still be pretending to be straight.

by Anonymousreply 76May 10, 2020 4:42 AM

Honeykins R42, Kevin might or might not be cancelled by a certain section of society but he is "gone" from public consciousness because people don't want what he is selling and he is disliked.

by Anonymousreply 77May 10, 2020 4:56 AM

What was it that he said after it all hit the fan? Something like this: he said he'd had relationships with both men and women in his life buy had now decided to live as a gay man. Yeah, he "decided" that!

by Anonymousreply 78May 10, 2020 5:00 AM

Remember, three men who accused him of sexual misconduct "committed suicide" afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 79May 10, 2020 5:12 AM

"Remember, three men who accused him of sexual misconduct "committed suicide" afterwards."

Maybe the memory of having been molested by the repulsive Kevin Spacey finally drove them to destroy themselves. Having to live with that must have been very hard.

by Anonymousreply 80May 10, 2020 10:54 PM

Those toys on the shelf in the background of his video, are they to try to bribe boys with?

by Anonymousreply 81May 11, 2020 2:41 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!