Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How come the Soap Opera threads are still going?

Are Soaps still filming during the pandemic?

by Anonymousreply 14September 16, 2020 5:44 PM

Oh, honey. Some of our soaps weren't filming during the past decade.

by Anonymousreply 1May 6, 2020 1:40 PM

Soaps like most TV shows film pretty far in advance. Depending on the schedule, usually 2-6 months in advance.

by Anonymousreply 2May 6, 2020 1:45 PM

Because there are still plenty of people who enjoy discussing them.

by Anonymousreply 3May 6, 2020 2:10 PM

Because if you hate the current ones, you can still take a memory lane trip to Bay City, Oakdale, Monticello, Hope Memorial, Springfield, Llanview or the Riverside area of Manhattan. I'm grabbin' my dishtowel while I see what Jo and Stu are up to in Henderson!

by Anonymousreply 4May 6, 2020 2:23 PM

Days of Our Lives has new episodes through September.

Y&R and B&B are running "classic" episodes otherwise known as reruns.

General Hospital is inserting a bunch of flashbacks into current episodes to extend the life of their new content, or something like that.

So viewers can still talk about that stuff.

by Anonymousreply 5May 6, 2020 2:27 PM

[quote] Soaps like most TV shows film pretty far in advance.

Thanks. I had no idea. I always assumed Soaps were different and were filmed very close to air date, and would sometimes even have to go live.

by Anonymousreply 6May 6, 2020 2:33 PM

I would love it if P&G licensed their catalog of soaps to a streaming service. They all are going to need content over the next year since no new shows can be filmed.

by Anonymousreply 7May 6, 2020 2:47 PM

Only Days of our Lives has episodes left I think. They had almost a year's worth taped.

by Anonymousreply 8May 6, 2020 2:48 PM

R6 Y&R, B&B, and GH all shoot about 4-6 weeks out and generally have about 30+ episodes in the can. Days is the anomaly and has this wacky shooting schedule where they're out about 6 months, sometimes even more.

by Anonymousreply 9May 6, 2020 2:52 PM

Girl, we have regular threads on Judy Garland, who's now been dead for 50 years.

There's a thread on "I Married Joan," a TV show that was cancelled almost SEVENTY years ago.

A few queens walking down memory lane, talking about some cancelled soaps seems rather sane in comparison.

by Anonymousreply 10May 6, 2020 2:56 PM

The Soap Queens are sweethearts. I'm delighted that they're here.

by Anonymousreply 11June 15, 2020 12:33 AM

Since soaps have long histories there is always something to discuss.

by Anonymousreply 12June 15, 2020 12:36 AM

Can we get a new P&G thread. The current one has been murieled for days now. Pick a more well-known character this time tho.

by Anonymousreply 13September 16, 2020 5:44 PM

Can we get a new P&G thread. The current one has been murieled for days now. Pick a more well-known character this time tho.

by Anonymousreply 14September 16, 2020 5:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!