Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

This just makes me feel very sad.

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32August 1, 2020 5:15 AM

There's one old lady in the pictures protesting the closures...while wearing a mask.

by Anonymousreply 1May 2, 2020 9:24 AM

Go ahead, go to the beach. If they catch something, no pity from me. Thin out the herd of idiots.

by Anonymousreply 2May 2, 2020 9:26 AM

Hopefully they all get sick and die. Thin the herd!

by Anonymousreply 3May 2, 2020 9:26 AM

They truly need to be made to sign a waiver of treatment for COVID. Simple.

by Anonymousreply 4May 2, 2020 9:28 AM

They're selfish and ignorant.

by Anonymousreply 5May 2, 2020 9:32 AM

I love datalounge's resident elders furiously typing in their knit ponchos about "thinning the herd" in the name of supposed compassion for others. Shows that the hysteria was never about anyone' else's wellbeing.. just me, me, me.

There's no vaccine coming for this virus, other coronaviruses, or the common cold. You're going to catch it at some point and either fight it off or not. Most of you foolishly believe hermitting yourselves indefinitely is going to change anything in the long run. Let them go to the beach.

by Anonymousreply 6May 2, 2020 9:42 AM

The clot thickens!

by Anonymousreply 7May 2, 2020 9:47 AM

r6 you know better than that

by Anonymousreply 8May 2, 2020 9:47 AM

R8 I know there's been a million other plagues since the beginning of human civilization and unfortunately the name of the game is survival of the fittest. Should we try to prevent as many deaths as possible? Absolutely-- but this cannot continue indefinitely. We can take advantage of the season so that people don't get sicker staying indoors doing nothing and making themselves more susceptible for the next round.

by Anonymousreply 9May 2, 2020 10:06 AM

[quote] Most of you foolishly believe hermitting yourselves indefinitely is going to change anything in the long run. Let them go to the beach.

No one is saying it’s indefinite. We understand so little about this virus, there is no available viable treatment, and California cases are supposed to peak in June. Newsom has said that easing restrictions is days, not weeks, away. GROW UP and learn to delay your gratification like an adult. RESTRICTIONS HAVE BEEN GOING ON LESS THAN TWO MONTHS. In California, it’s been since late March.

by Anonymousreply 10May 2, 2020 10:49 AM

R10 You're a hysterical queen that ends your screeds in all caps and personal insults, knowing nothing about me or my life. Someone with your critical thinking abilities or lackthereof should not be telling others to grow up. I'm guessing from your "I miss brunch and want a tan" cunty sign off you might not actually be a hysterical queen but one of our resident homophobic feminists that is now getting their kicks from making everyone else fear the world they have been shut off from for many, many years.

You saying "less than two months" is indicative of either a bourgeois existence not affected by the complete shut down of everything or a permanent impoverished shut in. Either way, no one should be or is listening to you. Life goes on-- the world keeps spinning.

by Anonymousreply 11May 2, 2020 11:33 AM

It always INFURIATES those without lives when others are living theirs and/or are aware of their own mortality. Corona is just an easy vehicle for scolds like R10 to pursue the phenomena of 'social media envy' without recourse. Terror-addicts, if you will. Coronuts

by Anonymousreply 12May 2, 2020 11:43 AM

Fuck this scamdemic. Let's go to the beach!

by Anonymousreply 13May 2, 2020 11:49 AM

People want to go to their local beach - so sad. Our hearts bleed for you.

- Australians, still obediently in lockdown despite having had no summer at all, between the bushfires, the floods and Covid 19. (Our weather just turned to fall this week.)

by Anonymousreply 14May 2, 2020 1:01 PM

Well, I live in Portland and at the beginning of our lockdowns, we had people heading to the coast. It upset the mayors of these small coastal towns because, rightly so. Their hospitals are very small, so an outbreak in those towns would beyond overwhelm the hospital system up and down the coastal range. It got to the point where the cities were telling people to leave, they were scared of what could happen. California it’s understandable, because it’s California. Who wouldn’t want to lay in the beach on a nice day there? That’s their choice. If they want to put themselves at risk, that’s on them. That was their choice to make that day. If the possible consequences are worth it to them, then they really have no one else to blame. I wouldn’t wish Covid19 on anyone, I have had 5 friends so far sickened and have survived and I’m lucky. I had another friend who passed away of natural causes, and we cannot go to his viewing or burial. I’ll go and pay my respects at the cemetery after everyone has left. I survived the AIDS epidemic, and I want to survive this. Wouldn’t want anyone to be sick. But cabin fever is a hard thing. I wish those California beach goers luck in not getting sick.

Then I remember Anne Frank lived for 2.5 years in a cramped place with 8 other people and somehow managed to stay safe until they were found out. Think of all the safety precautions they took to stay alive, 2.5 years. Now no one can last two months because they feel entitled to get their nails done and a haircut.

by Anonymousreply 15May 2, 2020 2:06 PM

Oh, America. How we’ve gotten everything wrong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 2, 2020 2:08 PM

[quote] It always INFURIATES those without lives when others are living theirs and/or are aware of their own mortality. Corona is just an easy vehicle for scolds like [R10] to pursue the phenomena of 'social media envy' without recourse. Terror-addicts, if you will. Coronuts

Actually cunt, I’m a healthcare worker, which is why all the caps come out when “Ho hum, the world turns, let’s get on with it” spoiled assholes like you and R11 act so above it all. I feel exactly about you as I do red staters (and you may be one for all I know). If you want to go get sick and vow not to come to my office when you’re contagious, by all means, go for it. Otherwise, R6/ R11/ R12, fuck (all caps) OFF!

by Anonymousreply 17May 2, 2020 2:18 PM

What a bunch of pussies. I've been in lockdown since JANUARY. We were having a 'strange' illness passed around and I caught something that hit me like nothing else ever did....strange pain throughout the jawline and into my ears with a fever and general malaise.

I knew something was off, and being near a large Chinese-American population, I'd been warned by a few friends who work in the health care industry that a 'strange flu' was hitting that community hard after returning from visits to China. I avoided direct contact with anyone after mid-January and walked in the early mornings, shopped in the evenings, and suspended social gatherings. It was intuitive, I thought I was going crazy, but it turns out my gut feelings were correct as the COVID 19 spread.

Seven weeks? Try twenty. I traveled twice during that time to assist two family members in two adjoining states and did 2 weeks, personal lockdowns at each location before I ventured outside or to any stores.

What's clear to me is that most Americans are bereft of fulfilling hobbies and full of self-contempt with all this whining. Yes, I lost my job during this period, which is why I had so much freedom to travel. At no point did I ever feel that my personal 'rights' trumped the health and well being of others around me.

I saw a lot of people I'd previously thought of as sensible chafing under the pressure and taking unnecessary risks. The worst are the out-of-towners who feel they have a right to tax our small stores by buying up all the TP, disinfectants and now meat. Many of the people in this town are not rich enough to buy up $300 worth of meat and so now they must go completely without.

COVID19 has been the great revealer. I won't speak to many of these people anymore and have refused their requests to 'zoom.' I wouldn't lift a finger to help them if you paid me.

by Anonymousreply 18May 2, 2020 2:21 PM

[quote]It always INFURIATES those without lives

You're a screaming lunatic who has spent years shrieking about "radical feminists" and "hysterical queens" on Datalounge, incessantly trying to start fights so you can make yourself feel better with tangential comments that you (for some sad reason) think are trenchant insights.

You really shouldn't be calling others "infuriated scolds." You need professional intervention, and probably a nap and a juice box.

by Anonymousreply 19May 2, 2020 2:22 PM

And before any of you cunts note my 'traveling' agenda, know that I never stopped once on each of the trips and wore a face mask and gloves before it was mandated. Both of my relatives, sick at home, were probably COVID-19 because they tested negative for the flu with similar symptoms. Being pretty sure I'd had it, I was there to help them recover. Both lived alone, are elders, and were at serious risk. I wasn't going to let them die and there were no travel bans in effect.

They're both well now, though it was touch and go with one. Even so, with a fever of 103, she was denied testing and sent home. What's reported and what's actually happening are two different things. The death and the infection rates are much higher when you consider the people who do not get treated.

by Anonymousreply 20May 2, 2020 2:41 PM

Russian and GOP bots together are doing this. Fuck them.

by Anonymousreply 21May 2, 2020 2:43 PM

For those saying just let them go they will get sick...Yes, they will and flood the hospitals to capacity so that when those of us who did stay away get sick we cannot get medical attention.

I liken this to that scene in Jaws where the mayor reopens the beach under pressure of losing money. They do and people get eaten panic ensues and then who do they blame?? The mayor.

by Anonymousreply 22May 2, 2020 2:56 PM

[quote]It's warming up and people just want to go to their local beach...and they're passionate about it.

Oh, ok. As long as they're passionate about it.

by Anonymousreply 23May 3, 2020 1:06 AM

Here you go, OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24May 3, 2020 1:10 AM

OP, these people are being funded by right-wing assholes.

You kept defending the protesters by saying they wanted to get back to work....I guess they're making it clear that this isn't about working. It's about wanting luxuries like going out to eat and going to the beach. BTW, those of us who live in the northeast sure as fuck aren't going to the beach in early May. And we manage fine.

by Anonymousreply 25May 3, 2020 1:10 AM

None of these people have air conditioning in their homes? They're rioting to go to a overcrowded beach?

by Anonymousreply 26May 3, 2020 1:14 AM

Past generations left their families, jobs, and friends to enlist in the armed forces and stormed beaches of a foreign country to fight back evil, many of whom were killed doing it.

We’re being asked to sit on our asses with the comforts of air conditioning, Netflix, the internet, and all the other creature comforts of home so as not to infect others.

But *I* want to go to the beach to work on my taaaaaan!!!

by Anonymousreply 27May 3, 2020 1:54 AM

Yep. Anne Frank lasted 2.5 years in captivity.

Karen’s and Chad’s can’t last 15 minutes with a mask on because they’re so oppressed.

by Anonymousreply 28August 1, 2020 3:30 AM

There is this crazy new invention. It's called air conditioning.

by Anonymousreply 29August 1, 2020 3:32 AM

This is my town and this is not the way it's being portrayed. I have to admit, this is fake news. This is a huge city (40 square miles) and I think the protesters are driving in from Riverside and coming here, because it's a nice place to be for the day, and there's parking structures, and parking lots everywhere, near the beach.

We are baffled by this. Locals are not protesting at the beach. I think there is an ordinance that allows peaceful protests, but Newport beach would be way better for a protest (Republicans galore) but there's no parking!!!!

Don't believe this narrative. Almost everyone I know, is anti-Shitler, in spite of their political affiliation, which i will admit is traditionally Republican in Orange County. The consensus is "He needs to go."

by Anonymousreply 30August 1, 2020 4:03 AM

I just spent 10 minutes thinking about this and I think there is a far right grassroots movement to try and create a far right city, which is the opposite of far left Portland. I think there is an organization attempting to make HB look like there is a "Woke" movement in HB that can combat the far left. But the only problem is HB is a sleepy surf town and no one is going drive downtown to scream pro Republican propaganda. We're too chill and lazy for that. So all these protestors are being bussed in to make it look like it's the residents of HB. It's not. After the election, I guarantee you will not see HB in the national spotlight.

by Anonymousreply 31August 1, 2020 4:20 AM

R31 All people need to do is read about Oregon’s history, as it was founded as a white utopia. Portland and Eugene are pretty much the only “liberal” parts of the state, inasmuch that Eugene is full of dead heads and Phish lovers, and Portland is filled with white social justice warriors with a white savior complex, trying their damndest to over compensate for being “woke”. Walking around historically black neighborhoods that have been gentrified, and seeing signs that say “Black Lives Matter” is almost a slap in the face.

by Anonymousreply 32August 1, 2020 5:15 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!