Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

“UPLOAD” Amazon Original Series starring Robbie Amell Official Thread

It dropped today, May 1, and looks super cute! I just started episode one, and it’s very entertaining.

I will be honest, I am only watching because I have had a crush on Robbie since I first saw him while I was a teen still.

Forget that bullshit Hollywood, watch this!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56November 23, 2020 3:30 AM

Robbie is so much hotter than his cousin Stephen

by Anonymousreply 1May 1, 2020 9:52 PM

Does he disrobe on this?

by Anonymousreply 2May 1, 2020 10:15 PM

Yeah, but you don't see much more than his amazing chest and arms. There's a shower scene, but it's "tasteful".

And apparently the one ass shot was a "stunt-ass" if twitter is to be believed.

Anyway, I just finished the show. Binged it all today. It's really entertaining and well done I thought. With a few minor exceptions here and there.

by Anonymousreply 3May 2, 2020 6:38 AM

He was so hot in The DUFF.

by Anonymousreply 4May 2, 2020 7:19 AM

Robbie is great in the Netflix horror slasher The Babysitter and is shirtless for the second half of movie.

by Anonymousreply 5May 2, 2020 7:57 AM

No neck.

by Anonymousreply 6May 2, 2020 8:53 AM

Wow, he looks like one of the guys in 98 Degrees, if they ever do a biopic about them he should be in it.

by Anonymousreply 7May 2, 2020 9:14 AM

Good series though. Season one is totally worth a watch.

by Anonymousreply 8May 2, 2020 8:15 PM

Enjoying it so far. On episode 5

by Anonymousreply 9May 13, 2020 2:18 AM

Yes, it’s actually a very cute and fun series. I sat through it in two days, then rewatched the finale to make sure I didn’t miss anything.

Hope it gets a second season.

by Anonymousreply 10May 13, 2020 2:25 AM

It's the Good Place's version of Black Mirror.

by Anonymousreply 11May 13, 2020 2:36 AM

R10, it's already been renewed for season 2.

by Anonymousreply 12May 13, 2020 3:42 AM

Why did he go from unlimited to just 2GB to use? Why would someone wanna be Uploaded if they can’t afford unlimited? I would rather die.

by Anonymousreply 13May 13, 2020 4:07 AM

r13 He had no choice. He was forced to be uploaded because of nefarious intentions on his ideas.

by Anonymousreply 14May 13, 2020 5:04 AM

His fiancé is annoying

by Anonymousreply 15May 13, 2020 5:13 AM

[quote] Why did he go from unlimited to just 2GB to use?

Because his crazy girlfriend paid for the unlimited plan and would've very likely deleted him in a moment of anger when he dumped her for Angel.

[quote] Why would someone wanna be Uploaded if they can’t afford unlimited? I would rather die.

Maybe they had an unlimited plan until their funds ran out, or they hoped to wait it out until some better service provider or plan comes out?

by Anonymousreply 16May 13, 2020 5:16 AM

I hate that it turns out he was the bad guy

by Anonymousreply 17May 13, 2020 5:19 AM

Leave it to Upload to make a naked butt shot of the lead gross. LOL

by Anonymousreply 18May 13, 2020 5:26 AM

Love the servant A.I. creeping on Nathan.

by Anonymousreply 19May 13, 2020 5:30 AM

r19 he must be a DLer.

Actually, a DLer would be worse, especially if they were his "Angel"

by Anonymousreply 20May 13, 2020 5:50 AM

Robbie said he offered to do the stunt with the butt shot, but because the body falls into the container, it had to be a stunt guy.

by Anonymousreply 21May 13, 2020 11:45 AM

This looks TERRIBLE.

by Anonymousreply 22May 13, 2020 1:27 PM

R22 it’s not

by Anonymousreply 23May 13, 2020 1:31 PM

I was skeptical when I started watching but really enjoyed it and finished in two days. Robbie Amell is easy to look at which probably helped.

I was hoping there was more to Nathan’s cousin Fran who was investigating his accident. The self-driving car drove her off the edge of a pier.

by Anonymousreply 24May 13, 2020 8:23 PM

I enjoyed it although the finale might have been the weakest episode. I was not a fan of the contrived soap-style misunderstanding to keep the couple apart a bit longer. They could have simply had her hold back due to trust issues from what she discovered from his lost memories. She knew he was on very limited data, he used a ton of it to save her, he was giving very odd answers and did not sound right, and she did not bother to check on him? Also, she has no problem using situational ethics when she feels she is doing something for the greater good or simply because she has a crush on a guy. I could see her doing the same thing Nathan did to get money to her father. She certainly has no problems using her Nightly hook-up with not much regard for his feelings.

I grew to like Ingrid, esp. once they gave her a little depth. She could continue to be an interesting character, but they need to move her on from Nathan or at least wanting to be romantically involved with him. Her being a block between Nora and Nathan has played itself out. On the flip side, it was nice to see that Nathan's mom, while broke and long-suffering, is not some saint or paragon of virtue.

Nora's boss was someone who could definitely find in a current day workplace. Very grounded in reality....

Although it would be a bit contrived, I would not be sad if Fran somehow survived her trip to the seaside and shows up next year. I would not be sad if the kid did not return. Interesting concept, but they overdid his obnoxiousness and in a way they already have Luke for being a stunted adolescent.

by Anonymousreply 25May 13, 2020 8:27 PM

r24 because it was rigged, and they knew she was investigating so killed her before she could find out who killed him.

Amell is very nice to look at, listen to (he has a calming voice), and watch act. He is talented.

by Anonymousreply 26May 13, 2020 8:27 PM

[quote]Amell is very nice to look at, listen to (he has a calming voice), and watch act. He is talented.

Have you seen him in the comedy "The Duff". Same kind of character, but he is just so good and he had a great rapport with his co-lead in that which made the film really enjoyable despite being a series of standard film tropes.

by Anonymousreply 27May 13, 2020 8:37 PM

His character in The Duff is a moron who gets by life on his looks. Nathan is good looking, but also intelligent and hard working.

by Anonymousreply 28May 13, 2020 8:40 PM

The Duff = Teen Comedy. It’s in the same category as Clueless and Mean Girls.

by Anonymousreply 29May 13, 2020 8:44 PM

I'd rather see Robbie in The Buff as opposed to The Duff.

by Anonymousreply 30May 13, 2020 11:37 PM

Duff in the Buff

by Anonymousreply 31May 14, 2020 1:19 AM

Did Nathan end up on the 2GB plan because he broke up with Ingrid?

by Anonymousreply 32May 14, 2020 4:45 PM

She paid for his plan. She threatened to delete him on his funeral, because he complained about his own funeral not being about him. She would've deleted him the moment he dumped her for Nora. That's why he was looking for an alternative his mom could afford. And in the end the 2G plan was the only short term solution for now to get away from crazy Ingrid.

by Anonymousreply 33May 14, 2020 6:26 PM

I just made the mistake of starting this late at night, ended up bingeing the whole season. What a very good show, one of the better things I’ve watched in a long time. Robbie Amell is a doll, and Kevin Bigley as Luke is amazing too. I’m looking forward to season two. I’d highly recommend it to anyone looking for something thought provoking to watch.

by Anonymousreply 34May 16, 2020 10:38 AM

Or something light hearted. The show is very positive. It works well as background noise too.

by Anonymousreply 35May 16, 2020 1:50 PM

It's not the afterlife without Janet.

by Anonymousreply 36May 16, 2020 1:59 PM

Janet from "The Good Place"? I adore her- that actress is a genius.

by Anonymousreply 37May 16, 2020 2:24 PM

R37 She’s in both shows? Who is she here?

by Anonymousreply 38May 16, 2020 10:28 PM

She's not in both shows. Duh.

by Anonymousreply 39May 16, 2020 10:47 PM

Then I’m missing something from the comment, don’t watch that show, what’s the joke here? Who’s Janet, damnit?

by Anonymousreply 40May 16, 2020 10:50 PM

The joke is obvious.

THis show is about the after life.

"It's not the afterlife without Janet"

Janet isn't in this show, so he's commenting that he doesnt' think this is a good afterlife.

Dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 41May 17, 2020 2:20 AM

Watched the entire season and it was decent. Not beside myself with anticipation for season 2 but I'll probably get around to watching it when it happens. I liked the reveal about Nathan because it gives him something to grapple with and come back from. I really liked it when Nathan told the super-rich Koch brother asshole guy what he was doing when he was alive and the rich guy says so simply and with a smile "oh, so you were murdered" and Nathan is, like, "what!?!" "Yeah, you threatened a 600 billion dollar a year industry. You were murdered." That's when the show got interesting to me.

by Anonymousreply 42May 17, 2020 2:41 AM

And now he's stuck with that shrew of an ex-fiance.

by Anonymousreply 43May 17, 2020 4:43 PM

Upload does a good job of addressing one notion - that the rich will have a better life in afterlife, just like everywhere else.

by Anonymousreply 44May 20, 2020 1:26 AM

It's a cutesy version of Black Mirror's "San Junipero" episode with a healthy dose of "Nosedive" thrown in (the whole needing a certain rating etc). I thought it was fun.

by Anonymousreply 45May 20, 2020 2:12 AM

The lead looks like a young Tom Cruise at times. And I get the same vibe from him. Pretty but not quite sexy.

by Anonymousreply 46May 20, 2020 2:15 AM

I enjoyed this show, and he was good in it. It definitely had some The Good Place vibes, but different.

Amell was also good in ARQ, a time loop indie on Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 47May 20, 2020 2:23 AM

This show surprised me in a good way. I didn't really think I would make it past the first episode. The tone was way too "wacky" and looked like it needed a laugh track, but once you accept the premise it really works well.

The girlfriend is written as a cliche, but the actress really doesn't do anything with the part. Total cliche, but aside from that love the peek into the future and the dark humor is really well done.

by Anonymousreply 48May 20, 2020 2:29 AM

Mayor Pete is watching this. Is he an expert on shows?

by Anonymousreply 49May 20, 2020 11:51 PM

[quote]I grew to like Ingrid, esp. once they gave her a little depth. She could continue to be an interesting character, but they need to move her on from Nathan or at least wanting to be romantically involved with him

The dinner scene with Ingrid and her family turned me around on her. Defending his niece and then kicking her family out was pretty sweet.

Also their slumber party scene where she did her hair like her was hilarious.

I definitely want her to stick around and become a friend to Nathan instead of a clingy girlfriend. I wouldn't be shocked if she eventually ended up with Luke.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50May 21, 2020 12:11 AM

I’m on episode 5 and the show is hilarious.

[quote] R46: The lead looks like a young Tom Cruise at times.

Absolutely. I’m surprised he could get cast because he looks to much like Cruise that it’s a little distracting. And my God, those ‘skinny jeans” are on fire! 🥵 🔥 🔥 🔥 🥵

by Anonymousreply 51June 8, 2020 9:30 AM

[quote]I will be honest, I am only watching because I have had a crush on Robbie since I first saw him while I was a teen still.

OP, we know. You're among thirsty friends here.

by Anonymousreply 52June 8, 2020 9:43 AM

[quote] Why would someone wanna be Uploaded if they can’t afford unlimited? I would rather die.

They’re hoping to be downloaded in the future. When Oscar Meyer gets the “meat“ right.

by Anonymousreply 53June 8, 2020 10:13 AM

I really really enjoyed this. It’s one of those shows that make you feel good

by Anonymousreply 54October 6, 2020 11:37 PM

OT but Robbie has been cast in a movie written by one of those fan fiction writers stories.

by Anonymousreply 55October 7, 2020 2:22 AM

r25 I was really excited for the kid to grow into a man in that terrible (CGI) Black Market episode. Instead we got some trans looking chick that was very similar looking to the boy, but I wanted hot guy.

Angle's father in the season finale had some terrible acting that then showcased the limited range of the actress playing Angle. Just seemed really tedious. Company's worth billions that can murder people send one creepy guy to follow Angle for months instead of just killing, firing, or re-assigning her from the start.

That community would be a nightmare. 100% not my style and there is no reason for everyone besides his core friends to be so mean and hateful. I feel like there would have been a LOT more sex going on since there are zero consequences. The world they created leaves a lot to be desired. The actors don't have to range to take it there and the writers like to play like it's an ABC Family show, with two but scenes and one set of tits to remind you that they can be "edgy".

I'm sad they couldn't have a real gay character or give other people something to do. Why is no one trying to at least give the vet daily blowjobs to ease the boredom?

by Anonymousreply 56November 23, 2020 3:30 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!