Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

New Release From the DIVA CONCETTA FRANCONERO

Don't Tell Me Not To Cry on youtube and amazon - Connie Francis.

by Anonymousreply 11May 27, 2020 3:24 AM

Great song. I think she overdoes it a bit in emoting during the first half of the song. It would have been much better if she minimized it a bit. The second half of the song is superb and vintage Connie.

by Anonymousreply 1May 21, 2020 3:05 AM

This is why she's a joke these days. Whiny, simpering vocals and a sappy song. And the accompanying photo makes her look like she just got tased about six times.

by Anonymousreply 2May 21, 2020 3:26 AM

R2 I disagree. Still great vocals.

by Anonymousreply 3May 25, 2020 12:55 AM

I think the song would have been better if she minimized the emoting, but still great vocals. Also, on some of her hits, the dual track should have been omitted as the songs were much better in single track. When she used it for short effect, it was superb, but her voice did not need it. For example, My Heart Has A Mind of Its Own, which went to #1, the unreleased single track version is superior to the dual track version, but no one hears it. The song is much better when she performs it live. She has a superb voice and she is a dynamic performer. Leave the dual track out of the recordings.

by Anonymousreply 4May 25, 2020 1:04 AM

[quote]Connie Francis

We knew.

by Anonymousreply 5May 25, 2020 1:14 AM

Is someone trying to pretend this is a new recording? It was obviously produced 40-50 years ago. No one would let her anywhere near a sound booth these days.

by Anonymousreply 6May 25, 2020 1:07 PM

It was recorded in 1980's, but just released now to meet the demand of her new fans. It's a decent song. Kind of retro and with a country twang.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 25, 2020 1:19 PM

It is not a new recording, but a new release. It was recorded in Nashville in the early 1980s. The author of the song is grateful that it has been released.

by Anonymousreply 8May 26, 2020 1:53 AM

"The author of the song is grateful that it has been released."

Link, please.

by Anonymousreply 9May 26, 2020 3:47 PM

Read the comments below the Youtube video.

by Anonymousreply 10May 27, 2020 3:23 AM

R9 Read the comments below the youtube video!

by Anonymousreply 11May 27, 2020 3:24 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!