Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why did Kristen Wiig's career go straight down the shitter?

she was

EVERYWHERE

and now she's

NOWHERE

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40May 2, 2020 3:17 PM

Because she IS NOT FUNNY

by Anonymousreply 1May 1, 2020 4:11 PM

OMG...The "what happened to their career" troll has woken up again. At least he's off of Gale Harold.

She and her career are fine. Next subject.

by Anonymousreply 2May 1, 2020 4:12 PM

Prob. doesn't have to with the $$ she made off Bridesmaids.

by Anonymousreply 3May 1, 2020 4:12 PM

She hit 40

by Anonymousreply 4May 1, 2020 4:14 PM

it is odd, she was stellar on sat nite live.....she dint seem hard to work with, prob cant decide which projects to do, and is busy writing a lot.

miss u madame and ur tiny hands of welk mirth......one of the all-time great sketches.

by Anonymousreply 5May 1, 2020 4:14 PM

Never heard of imdb., OP? She's fine, she sends her love.

by Anonymousreply 6May 1, 2020 4:16 PM

Maybe she's more interested in writing than performing? Bridesmaids was great.

R1 I think she has a gift for comedy. Kate McKinnon, on the other hand, has a great gift for impersonations but isn't funny. She'll fade fast.

by Anonymousreply 7May 1, 2020 4:17 PM

But seriously, she was everywhere and she hasn't done much in a while.....I know she's in Wonder Woman, though.

by Anonymousreply 8May 1, 2020 4:22 PM

There is only room for so many actresses of her type in Hollywood. Amy Schumer, Jane Krakowski, and Jenna Fischer can all play the kooky best friend of the pretty girl just as well as she does.

by Anonymousreply 9May 1, 2020 4:24 PM

She can be picky. Maybe she’s trying to have a baby.

by Anonymousreply 10May 1, 2020 4:25 PM

she volunteers for many charitys I bet and trys to save the world and the starving doggies

by Anonymousreply 11May 1, 2020 4:28 PM

Her big problem is that she wants to be taken seriously as a dramatic actress, so she started out (after Bridesmaids) doing indie dramedies, then taking indie dramatic roles, and she just doesn't have the chops for it. When she plays drama, all the life and energy leave her and she's just a total lump onscreen.

by Anonymousreply 12May 1, 2020 4:33 PM

I liked her in The Skeleton Twins and I thought her acting in Bridesmaids was great. I was just wondering too about her career. I like her and am rooting for her.

by Anonymousreply 13May 1, 2020 4:44 PM

[quote]When she plays drama, all the life and energy leave her and she's just a total lump onscreen.

She should just stick to comedies. What would be so tragic about that?

by Anonymousreply 14May 1, 2020 4:50 PM

Overrated and inherently not funny

by Anonymousreply 15May 1, 2020 4:51 PM

If anything, she's in too many things. Does she have some kind of deal with Netflix? Every other thing on there seems to have Wiig in it. I think her talents have been overestimated, and I find her strange looks difficult to deal with for longer than a comedy sketch takes.

by Anonymousreply 16May 1, 2020 4:53 PM

I think that she is a GREAT actress. I even loved Welcome To Me- I thought it was brilliant and her best performance.

I get this weird vibe that she might be a bitch to "less thans" in real life.

She has a weird off-putting vibe that I cannot put my finger on. But I think it works really well in all of her performances.

She seems very comfortable with herself which I kind of dig..

by Anonymousreply 17May 1, 2020 5:00 PM

I cannot believe she is married to a hunk like Jon Hamm. Smh.

by Anonymousreply 18May 1, 2020 5:10 PM

I will love her forever for this alone:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 1, 2020 5:13 PM

Uh, she’s starring as the main villain in the next Wonder Woman, you moron. Her career is fine. She works on A list projects with A list stars. But you tried it.

by Anonymousreply 20May 1, 2020 5:18 PM

I feel like Kate McKinnon is the new Kristen Wiig. Kristen is funnier to me though.

by Anonymousreply 21May 1, 2020 5:30 PM

[quote]She should just stick to comedies. What would be so tragic about that?

Too many funny actors can't be content to simply do comedy, they're all convinced they have Robin Williams-level dramatic potential and would be limiting themselves. Most of them are dead wrong.

by Anonymousreply 22May 1, 2020 5:35 PM

OP, she's playing the lead villain in one of the biggest superhero movies of the years and she was paid a fortune to do it. everyone knows that.

There's no point in doing these (endlessly repetitive) threads if you're going to make them about someone whose career is actually thriving.

F&F and blocked.

by Anonymousreply 23May 1, 2020 5:39 PM

She’s made a gazillion dollars in LA real estate. That what she’s been doing with her time: flipping mansions.

by Anonymousreply 24May 1, 2020 5:51 PM

She's another Justin Timberlake. She'd rather be the star in her head and deprive others of financial success. Bridesmaids 2 would've set all of her costars for life, even if it sucked, Just like if JT would do one NSYNC reunion tour, those other guys would never have to work again. Narcissists.

by Anonymousreply 25May 1, 2020 5:57 PM

[quote] But you tried it.

Well, smell Miss Hip and Woke at R20

by Anonymousreply 26May 1, 2020 6:21 PM

Every comic wants to be taken seriously and every serious actor thinks they can be funny. Sometimes, it can happen, but many times, it's laughable when they step out of their lane. No one wants to see Daniel Day Lewis in a Farely Brothers movie and no one wants to see Kristen Wiig as a holocaust victim.

There's a lot of hate on Meryl Streep around here (probably due to overexposure), but I always felt she was great at both drama and comedy. I even tend to prefer her in comedy.

by Anonymousreply 27May 1, 2020 6:39 PM

Let me get this straight, r25. You are complaining someone DIDN'T do a sequel?

by Anonymousreply 28May 2, 2020 12:19 AM

Isn’t her career pretty much the same as it’s always been? A lot of indie movies with the occasional role in a bigger budget studio film?

by Anonymousreply 29May 2, 2020 12:43 AM

The photo posted by OP was from maybe the funniest sketch I've ever seen on SNL. Betty White was on the show. I think I was actually crying from laughter.

by Anonymousreply 30May 2, 2020 12:52 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31May 2, 2020 12:55 AM

Part of the problem for me was that she was on screen constantly during her SNL tenure, playing attention-hungry LOOK AT ME!!! characters. I got sick of her well before she left. I did actually like her in the Ghostbusters reboot though (and couldn't stand McKinnon, whom I usually adore). She has talent, she just needs to learn when to get out of our faces for a bit.

by Anonymousreply 32May 2, 2020 12:58 AM

r18 What?

by Anonymousreply 33May 2, 2020 2:16 AM

This one is hysterical

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34May 2, 2020 6:08 AM

Welcome to Me was a terrible movie but she was excellent in it. The Skeleton Twins I actually liked and she and Bill Hader were great.

I just don't understand why she doesn't do more of those kinds of roles but I also think she may not be driven by the same things other actors are and she'll always go back to her comedic roots.

by Anonymousreply 35May 2, 2020 6:47 AM

She was supposed to be the star of Bridesmaids but Melissa McCarthy walked off with the whole movie, and was the actual breakout star. That's probably why there's never been a Bridesmaids 2.

by Anonymousreply 36May 2, 2020 6:57 AM

Wonder woman 1984 isn't out yet. Probably going to get pushed back next year from The Rona.

Who's going to go back to theaters next year? I don't want to die.

by Anonymousreply 37May 2, 2020 7:00 AM

It's supposed to be released in June, this is the third delay. It was originally supposed to be released last summer, then at the end of last year. If it doesn't hit theaters in June, they just need to release the damn thing on streaming and call it a day.

by Anonymousreply 38May 2, 2020 7:10 AM

R10 wasn't she dating Anderson Cooper?

by Anonymousreply 39May 2, 2020 7:26 AM

R36 Kristen's character would be more relatable for DLers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40May 2, 2020 3:17 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!