Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Everyday Treasoning: Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word (The Treason Thread, Part 32)

Continued Discussion

It's sad, so sad (so sad)

It's a sad, sad situation

And it's getting more and more absurd

It's sad, so sad (so sad)

Why can't we talk it over?

Oh it seems to me

That sorry seems to be the hardest word

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601May 14, 2020 6:16 AM

Link to previous thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 1, 2020 8:44 AM

so now Trump and the right wingers are trying to get all the focus on China rather than Trump's own failures regarding coronavirus

I would love to know if Trump and Putin have talked about how Trump should handle the pandemic. I mean this response is willfully incompetent. It's not like Trump tried to make things better and just failed. He's actively doing whatever he can to hinder progress. It's intentional

by Anonymousreply 2May 1, 2020 9:07 AM

Now we can not have a couple of million people show up in Washington...just to show ducking Trump, how much we hate him.

by Anonymousreply 3May 1, 2020 11:06 AM

Good luck with that blaming China stuff. When are death rates go over 100K and are economy in shambles. When you can compare the response of other countries like South Korea, Australia and New Zealand. Granted smaller countries but when you have strong leadership and a plan it can be done.

by Anonymousreply 4May 1, 2020 11:43 AM

[quote]just to show ducking Trump

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 5May 1, 2020 11:45 AM

It isn't just more available testing that is making the US numbers go up. In my County access to testing continues to increase, but new confirmed infections have gone from 2,000 per day to under a 1,000 per day thanks to stay-at-home orders starting mid-March. The US numbers as a whole now are a mix of responsible states being responsible for the past month and half to two months, areas where the plague is still at the case stage of case-case-case-cluster-cluster-boom. (looking at you interior Maine) and areas where doubling every six days is happening now (hello rural red states with meat packing plants and Georgia).

Accusing people of being doomsday hysterics or pollyanish is kind of silly. It is just math. And math doesn't care about your ideological viewpoint. And being innumerate doesn't make you own the libs.

On another note, I'd like to see that airplane study replicated on the LIRR/MetroNorth.

And on another, 'nother note, I wore a cloth mask with an N95 filter insert on flights of 5ish hours back in February and it was excruciatingly unpleasant, and I did remove it to chug water at one point on both flights, but it is doable. I am sure a surgical mask would be more comfortable.

by Anonymousreply 6May 1, 2020 12:05 PM

Trump officially jumped the shark with his let them drink bleach moment.

by Anonymousreply 7May 1, 2020 12:18 PM

Ugghh sorry for posting in the wrong thread.

by Anonymousreply 8May 1, 2020 12:30 PM

Pres Bone Spurs seems to have jumped the shark many times but his bleach comment was jumping a Great White.

by Anonymousreply 9May 1, 2020 1:53 PM

Why, I'm following our dear leader's guidance and mixing up a chlorox emema, so I can be ready for his next rally!

by Anonymousreply 10May 1, 2020 2:53 PM

Ohhh shit! Remember this pro-trump, pundit cunt? Meet the new WH Press Secretary. Buckle up... her first briefing today at 2 PM.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 1, 2020 4:47 PM

You've been out of the country r11?

by Anonymousreply 12May 1, 2020 5:00 PM

The fuck you talking about R12? Short answer; no. Just pointing out that this is her first briefing. Keep your snark to yourself.

by Anonymousreply 13May 1, 2020 5:03 PM

This Biden accuser coming out when she did feels very convenient to get a lot of bad press out of the way for Pres Bone Spurs. Dems need to release some bombshell right now.

by Anonymousreply 14May 1, 2020 5:28 PM

Dems dont need to do anything...Trump is assuring he loses the election with his Covid-19 rhetoric...which the majority of Americans see right through.

by Anonymousreply 15May 1, 2020 5:35 PM

The orange feces and his creepy administration better be out soon. It's just WRONG that the most stupid evil people in the country have their grip on our government.

by Anonymousreply 16May 1, 2020 5:55 PM

Miss McEninny....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17May 1, 2020 6:13 PM

Detroit Free Press:

Trump supports Michigan protesters, says Gov. Whitmer should 'give a little'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18May 1, 2020 6:14 PM

McNinny looks like a worm fetus.

by Anonymousreply 19May 1, 2020 6:15 PM

Well-connected Trump alumni benefit from coronavirus lobbying rush

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20May 1, 2020 6:26 PM

The Hill:

Appeals court won't halt order for DOJ to hand over sealed Mueller documents

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21May 1, 2020 6:47 PM

Kayleigh McEnany says she'll never lie. LOL. This birther bitch lies every time she opens her mouth

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 1, 2020 7:02 PM

Justice Dept. scrutinizes White House-connected doctor linked to disputed coronavirus treatment

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23May 1, 2020 7:04 PM

“I’ll never lie to you,” says Kayleigh McEnany minutes before saying, “Jared Kushner has done a great job.”

by Anonymousreply 24May 1, 2020 7:05 PM

The Hill:

State of the Race: Postal Service, beset by funding woes, faces new fight over mail-in voting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25May 1, 2020 7:09 PM

Ugh, I’m frustrated by the postal service right now. I was trying to help out since they said they were in some trouble.

Two weeks ago I ordered directly from the post office directly a book of stamps... I’m still waiting for the fucking things.

I got an email notifying me that they had been shipped and that was two weeks ago! Still nothing. To make it worse, I went to my local office and asked the lady there and she practically bit my head off! Said they didn’t have any info about that and couldn’t help me.

I must have been one of many that have asked and she finally snapped. She’s usually super nice and helpful to me. 🤷🏻‍♀️

by Anonymousreply 26May 1, 2020 8:20 PM

I find that the post office is basically useless when it comes to items that are missing or delayed.

I've also learned if you don't pay the extra to send something priority, which includes tracking, your item will never get delivered. I made that mistake several weeks back. I sent something first class mail, as there was no rush, and over a month later it hasn't been delivered or returned to me so there's no telling where it went.

by Anonymousreply 27May 1, 2020 8:28 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28May 1, 2020 9:05 PM

Oh it's "I didn't see or hear nuttin" Gym!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29May 1, 2020 9:13 PM

White House blocks Fauci from testifying before House panel, committee spokesman says

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30May 1, 2020 9:53 PM

Patti and Andy speaks, and they sound grim. 😢

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31May 1, 2020 10:03 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Oh, and a nice jab from Ms. LuPone, aimed at the cheddar cheese head in the White House.

r 31

by Anonymousreply 32May 1, 2020 10:06 PM

Bill Barr needs to go search for Bigfoot and take Rudy Giuliani, Devin Nunes, and Lindsey Graham with him.

by Anonymousreply 33May 1, 2020 10:32 PM

Dr. Barber

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34May 1, 2020 10:38 PM

Robert Reich

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35May 1, 2020 10:41 PM

Richard Painter on Flynn

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36May 1, 2020 10:47 PM

Something to smile about.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37May 1, 2020 10:53 PM

Ari Melber with this rap shit again. He needs to head to MTV or whatever.

by Anonymousreply 38May 1, 2020 10:58 PM

Ari Melber with this rap shit again. He needs to head to MTV or whatever.

by Anonymousreply 39May 1, 2020 10:58 PM

Get a load of the Russians and Trump trolls trying to shade the usps. Fuck off amateurs. You are too transparent.

by Anonymousreply 40May 1, 2020 11:04 PM

[quote]Collins called Democrats “disgraceful” when they held up the CARES stimulus package to win concessions that included oversight of a special “slush fund” for corporations. Now she’s on the hot seat for supporting a no-strings-attached bailout and crafting a rescue plan for small business that turns out to be a cash cow for big business.

This is concerning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41May 1, 2020 11:04 PM

OP's link is just a video. This link illustrates how thin-skinned Pencey is about being busted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42May 1, 2020 11:12 PM

Michael Cohen’s early prison release mysteriously nixed days after Trump became ‘visibly agitated’ he was getting sprung.

[quote]Just days after President Donald Trump became “visibly agitated” to learn his former lawyer and fixer Michael Cohen would be getting an early release from prison due to the coronavirus pandemic – and that Cohen was writing a tell-all book about his former boss’ exploits – the early release directive has been cancelled.

[quote]Not only will Cohen now have to serve the remainder of his three-year sentence in jail, an attorney for President Trump has sent him a letter demanding he cease and desist writing the memoir.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43May 1, 2020 11:17 PM

Yep^

Trump & Barr did this one may expect.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44May 1, 2020 11:26 PM

Polls getting tighter in South Carolina Senate race. La Sénatrice may have to up the charm

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45May 1, 2020 11:42 PM

r27 Almost everything I sell on ebay I mail first class which includes tracking.

by Anonymousreply 46May 1, 2020 11:46 PM

Not surprised.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47May 2, 2020 12:54 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 48May 2, 2020 2:22 AM

Are you talking to me, R40?

I’m not trolling. I was just sharing a story about what happened. I have a right to be upset about my stamps. They charged me for them already.

12 bucks might not be much, to be sure, but hell, I want my stamps.

Did you not red about my wanting to help them out, hence my online purchase??

by Anonymousreply 49May 2, 2020 2:46 AM

He he speak on Friday or did he keep his mouth shut?

by Anonymousreply 50May 2, 2020 8:35 AM

Dump fired the HHS Inspector General Friday night after she criticized the federal response to coronavirus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51May 2, 2020 2:25 PM

It is amazing that Trump thinks the rest of the world is here to just wait on him and be loyal to only him. What a sick head that must be to live in.

by Anonymousreply 52May 2, 2020 2:57 PM

Its called Narcissism

by Anonymousreply 53May 2, 2020 3:06 PM

[quote]It is amazing that Trump thinks the rest of the world is here to just wait on him and be loyal to only him.

Yes, and around 40% or so of the electorate in the U.S. oblige.

The spineless, greedy Republicans in the House and Senate approve of it and/or fear disagreeing with Trump on most everything.

by Anonymousreply 54May 2, 2020 3:31 PM

Trump is at Camp David. Did the Sénatrice go as well?

by Anonymousreply 55May 2, 2020 4:38 PM

Trump Moves to Replace Watchdog Who Identified Critical Medical Shortages

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56May 2, 2020 5:30 PM

I hate Patti Lupone. She is a nasty bitch.

by Anonymousreply 57May 2, 2020 5:59 PM

[quote]Not only will Cohen now have to serve the remainder of his three-year sentence in jail...

Cohen is going to get Epsteined, so the remainder of his life will be spent in jail. Jails are funny places,I hear you can catch the Coronavirus real easy, if you know what I'm saying.

by Anonymousreply 58May 2, 2020 6:26 PM

The Trolls don't really come into this thread (thought they tried with the USPS shit). They are ALL OVER this site right now.

by Anonymousreply 59May 2, 2020 6:40 PM

R57 - “ I hate Patti Lupone. She is a nasty bitch.”

And likewise, she hates you. I hate you too as a matter of fact.

by Anonymousreply 60May 2, 2020 7:05 PM

R57 = trump

by Anonymousreply 61May 2, 2020 7:06 PM

R60 Why would you respond that way to a poster talking about a broadway star? I don't think Patti's attacks on der cult leader are driving Lupone hate. She's divisive.

by Anonymousreply 62May 2, 2020 7:08 PM

ABC:

Fauci to testify before Senate after being blocked from appearing before Congress

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63May 2, 2020 7:24 PM

^That headline makes no sense. ^

. “Congress” [italic] is [/italic] the House and the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 64May 2, 2020 8:57 PM

A few month back, Patti Lupone called for Lindsey Graham to come out of the closet. Not fully recalling, maybe it included the kompromat speculation, similar to what Stephanie Rhule did much earlier. Right-wing & Russian associated media were blasting Patti for that. A couple of LGBT publications did similar. The hypocrites were exclaiming 'homophobia'.

by Anonymousreply 65May 2, 2020 8:57 PM

DC knows the kompromat on Graham. It is well known there are pics of him spit roasted by black men and the knowledge he was with an under 18 male but the state it occurred in made it legal. We just don't know who has the pics or who has proof. The folks in the media saying what they say absolutely make it clear this is all an open secret.

by Anonymousreply 66May 2, 2020 9:17 PM

It appears some GOP led states like FL are hiding numbers of the infected. If so, this should be one of the biggest scandals of all time (we are having a lot of those during the last 4 years). We have a highly contagious, deadly virus and they are playing games with lives.

I will fully blame republicans if they reopen, the virus spreads quickly, and someone in my family dies.

Those Nazis showing up at state capitals with there assault guns will be top of my list for pay backs. All they are is cult members too weak to do anything in life so they hide behind a big gun.

by Anonymousreply 67May 3, 2020 12:06 AM

[quote]DC knows the kompromat on Graham.

Then the smartest thing for the Dems to do is to tell the entire world everything. Once it's all out there, the blackmailing ends. So if this is true, the question would be, why haven't they done that in the last four years?

by Anonymousreply 68May 3, 2020 12:38 AM

R66 just did

and because no one will believe it without seeing the pictures

by Anonymousreply 69May 3, 2020 1:17 AM

They won't even believe that, R69, they'll howl about "Deep Fakes".

by Anonymousreply 70May 3, 2020 3:26 PM

R70 Which is why you see that in the news so much now. True, it is a terrifying new technology but it is there to insulate pols from being blackmailed and to blackmail others.

by Anonymousreply 71May 3, 2020 6:20 PM

R70 They'll believe DJT. Thus, the kompromat.

by Anonymousreply 72May 3, 2020 6:22 PM

I can't fucking believe Dump is doing a town hall at the Lincoln Memorial. Jesus he has no shame. What a fucking clown. Lincoln must be rolling over in his grave.

by Anonymousreply 73May 3, 2020 7:21 PM

I think republicans may be losing the senior vote at least enough to make a difference in all races up and down the ballot. Their narrative to let the old and sick die so we can have an economy is really pissing off seniors. He loses 5% plus of his senior vote from last election and he and his party are toast.

by Anonymousreply 74May 3, 2020 7:25 PM

r52, that's totally consistent with the diagnosis of narcissistic personality disorder.

Signs and symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder and the severity of symptoms vary. People with the disorder can:

Have an exaggerated sense of self-importance Have a sense of entitlement and require constant, excessive admiration Expect to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it Exaggerate achievements and talents Be preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate Believe they are superior and can only associate with equally special people Monopolize conversations and belittle or look down on people they perceive as inferior Expect special favors and unquestioning compliance with their expectations Take advantage of others to get what they want Have an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others Be envious of others and believe others envy them Behave in an arrogant or haughty manner, coming across as conceited, boastful and pretentious Insist on having the best of everything — for instance, the best car or office

At the same time, people with narcissistic personality disorder have trouble handling anything they perceive as criticism, and they can:

Become impatient or angry when they don't receive special treatment Have significant interpersonal problems and easily feel slighted React with rage or contempt and try to belittle the other person to make themselves appear superior Have difficulty regulating emotions and behavior Experience major problems dealing with stress and adapting to change Feel depressed and moody because they fall short of perfection Have secret feelings of insecurity, shame, vulnerability and humiliation

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75May 3, 2020 8:08 PM

He has a whole host of personality disorders.

by Anonymousreply 76May 3, 2020 8:20 PM

r75, that describes almost everyone I know....

by Anonymousreply 77May 3, 2020 8:27 PM

You need to know different people r77.

by Anonymousreply 78May 3, 2020 9:24 PM

Velshi: The U.S. Postal Service Needs Our Help | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79May 4, 2020 12:27 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 80May 4, 2020 12:28 AM

Wonder if the media will take this accusation against Trump as seriously as the accusations against Biden?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81May 4, 2020 12:33 AM

I guess everybody did their internal polling at the same time. I didn't realize the Pres campaigns were as well. It looks like bad news all around for republicans.

by Anonymousreply 82May 4, 2020 12:35 AM

R82, FCI ... not that you would know, but even if you were to guess, why did Biden pick Morning Joe of all places to give his interview. Mika? Really??

by Anonymousreply 83May 4, 2020 1:03 AM

R83 I really don't know. A friend of a friend might go work for Biden so maybe I can get some scoop.

by Anonymousreply 84May 4, 2020 1:50 AM

Trump says it’s safe to reopen states as governors grapple with loosening restrictions

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85May 4, 2020 2:14 AM

R85 He owns it.

R84 was me.

by Anonymousreply 86May 4, 2020 2:16 AM

Is it bad that I eagerly await and hope for a huge spike in deaths in Florida and Georgia and for their hospitals and healthcare system to mostly collapse? Because I do.

I went through all this and worse seeing most of my friends die from AIDS in the 80s and 90s, and the GOP clusterfuckery of the post 9/11 response to sick and dying first responders here in NYC. I truly have no fucks left to give. I believe voting has consequences, and if theirs is death, oh well. I still don't give a shit.

by Anonymousreply 87May 4, 2020 3:36 AM

no disorder, just a feckless, aging white trash party boy from Long Island who has never worked a day in his life prior to his installation as POTUS and after. What you see is what you get. There is no there, "there". The VP? That's a Christian? Laughable. He owes the Mayo staff and the patients an apology not the other way around. These fucks can not, will not do the right thing,ever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88May 4, 2020 4:29 AM

I thought that Morning Joe was the perfect vehicle for Tawana Brawley Theater.

They know Reade is unreliable, They went in hard on Biden because they sucked Trumps cock in 2016.

After the news cycle blows through, they can go full in on Biden.

by Anonymousreply 89May 4, 2020 4:34 AM

Trump says he is being treated worse than Lincoln. Does he know that Lincoln was murdered?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90May 4, 2020 4:47 AM

R90 - Dump apparently knows very little about Lincoln other than that he must have been some sort of a memorial builder back in the day..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91May 4, 2020 4:59 AM

R87 "Is it bad that I eagerly await and hope for a huge spike in deaths in Florida and Georgia and for their hospitals and healthcare system to mostly collapse? Because I do."

Kinda, but you're not alone.

I have two close family friends who live in Georgia; a mother and son. She's 84, he's 62. I call her once a month to catch up. The one topic I know to avoid is politics. They've always been Republicans. I know they voted for Trump, I don't know how they feel about him now, (if they're still drinking the kool-aid, so to speak). They live near a beach that has been open and crowded. I fear for her health and safety. Both of them. I kind of hope lots of people around them get sick and perhaps die, so that they'll finally, (hopefully), come to their senses. But I'm really afraid to let my thoughts go there.

by Anonymousreply 92May 4, 2020 6:20 AM

For the 209th appearance in a row, don't miss the Miss on Sean Hannity again tonight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93May 4, 2020 12:46 PM

Biden Accuser 'Not Sure' What Complaint She Claims Was Filed With Senate Says | Morning Joe | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94May 4, 2020 2:08 PM

It appears that Ms. Reade is a graduate of the Tawana Brawley School of Theater Arts.

by Anonymousreply 95May 4, 2020 2:54 PM

Maria Bartiromo, of Fox of course, fusses with dear Lindsey for being all talk. Fox &their deplorable followers want Lindsey as Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, to conduct vindictive hearings with subpoenas on former FBI leadership, Mathis, etc. to push their witch hunt-deep state lies to please Trump and excite his narrowing base.

They better be careful what they are demanding. These former agency officials know shit on Trump and cohorts that haven't been disclosed yet due to deference to the Mueller investigation. Barr can't get them. Lindsey Graham knows this. This will backfire on Republicans trying this during an election year while growing thousands are dying during a pandemic. Most people are sick of any kind of corruption that has the name Trump in it in any kind of way.

Fox is telling viewers 'Trump is working his ass off while Nancy Pelosi is at home eating ice cream'. Uh, Nancy is slim, while two-scoops Trump is grossly obese. More absurd projection.

An ethical Senate panel would, instead, be hauling the Murdochs in to testify to serious questions and to account for the propaganda.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96May 4, 2020 3:12 PM

^Barr can't gag them. Not 'get'.

by Anonymousreply 97May 4, 2020 3:20 PM

Coronavirus Live Updates: Trump Administration Models Predict Near Doubling of Daily Death Toll by June

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98May 4, 2020 4:28 PM

#MoscowMitch & Elaine Chao getting worried:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99May 4, 2020 4:51 PM

Heavy spending in Senate races:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100May 4, 2020 5:00 PM

McTurtle's COVID-19 response could yet have a political price.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101May 4, 2020 6:03 PM

Awful

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102May 4, 2020 6:45 PM

I hope McConnell, Graham and Dump all wind up like the narrator of Johnny Got His Gun.

by Anonymousreply 103May 4, 2020 6:49 PM

Misleading Kellyanne....

Is Jake Tapper discrediting Ford, while giving support to Reade? Not sure of his motive at times.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104May 4, 2020 7:00 PM

[quote]Ana Navarro-Cárdenas Torches Sarah Huckabee Sanders On Twitter

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105May 4, 2020 7:09 PM

Joni Ernst now only leads by one percentage point in Iowa.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106May 4, 2020 7:13 PM

[quote]Dr. Deborah Birx Wins Susan Collins Award For Most Seriously Troubled During A Global Crisis

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107May 4, 2020 7:17 PM

Trumpsters are still defending the disinfectant comments even though he said he was being sarcastic. Their latest false equivalency is that we drink fluoridated and chlorinated water disinfectants.

by Anonymousreply 108May 4, 2020 7:23 PM

WaPo: Before pandemic, Trump’s stockpile chief put focus on biodefense. An old client benefited.

[quote]After Robert Kadlec was confirmed as President Trump’s top official for public health preparedness in 2017, he began pressing to increase government stocks of a smallpox vaccine. His office ultimately made a deal to buy up to $2.8 billion of the vaccine from a company that once paid Kadlec as a consultant, a connection he did not disclose on a Senate questionnaire when he was nominated.

[quote]Under the agreement struck last year with Emergent BioSolutions, Kadlec’s office at the Department of Health and Human Services is paying more than double the price per dose it had previously paid for the drug. Because Emergent is the only licensed maker of the vaccine, Kadlec’s office arrived at the price through negotiations with the company rather than through bidding.

[quote]The 10-year contract is part of an effort by Kadlec to bolster the nation’s stockpile of defenses against biological and chemical weapons, a focus he made a priority over preparing for a natural pandemic, an examination by The Washington Post found. Kadlec, a decorated veteran and biodefense expert, has argued for more than two decades in government and the private sector that the nation should devote more of its resources to preparing for bioweapon attacks.

[quote]“Quite frankly, Mother Nature is not a thinking enemy intent on inflicting grievous harm to our country, killing our citizens, undermining our government or destroying our way of life,” he told Congress in 2011. “Mother Nature doesn’t develop highly virulent organisms that are resistant to our current stockpiles of antibiotics.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109May 4, 2020 7:26 PM

Susan Collins endorses Ratcliffe:

[quote] Senator Susan Collins of Maine said in a statement she met Friday with the conservative Texas GOP representative and “concluded that he does have the experience to meet the statutory standard to fill the position.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110May 4, 2020 7:27 PM

Real Clear Politics:

White House bars Fauci, members of the task force from testifying before Congress for the next month, except at the approval of the chief of staff.

by Anonymousreply 111May 4, 2020 7:39 PM

Pete & Amy make up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112May 4, 2020 7:44 PM

Jesus Dump is looking like shit these days...like someone took a dump on him

by Anonymousreply 113May 4, 2020 8:48 PM

Trump is a cunt.

That is all.

by Anonymousreply 114May 4, 2020 11:16 PM

if anyone is interested one of the psychics said that Trump conspired with someone to stall the virus from ending as they are making huge money off of it the longer it is around. Now think of all the things Trump has done to Not help the virus end. She said it would be exposed.

by Anonymousreply 115May 4, 2020 11:47 PM

That leaked internal GOP memo telling Repugs not to waste time defending Trump is damning. They can see what's coming.

by Anonymousreply 116May 4, 2020 11:53 PM

R116 what memo is that?

by Anonymousreply 117May 4, 2020 11:57 PM

The Republian politicians not under kompromat leverage and/or not engaged in vast illegal holdings that have been undisclosed, can break from defending Trump.

The ones that will defend Trump to the bitter end, we largely know who they are.

Most of the ones that may separate from Trump won't make an announcement about it; they'll just avoid talking about him, and focus on their own respective races. Trump may end up having short coattails in a lot of places.

by Anonymousreply 118May 5, 2020 12:30 AM

This memo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119May 5, 2020 12:34 AM

R115, you don't need a crystal ball to predict that.

by Anonymousreply 120May 5, 2020 12:59 AM

Hi, off topic, but look; I like generally like Rachel Maddow (watching her now), but really, come on already with the black outfits EVERY FUCKING NIGHT! It’s so pretentious.

As Albert said in The Birdcage: “Well, one does want a hint of color.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121May 5, 2020 1:17 AM

I recommend conversion therapy for the vice president. But the conversion needs to be from a moron to someone with some common sense.

by Anonymousreply 122May 5, 2020 1:26 AM

r121, I really don't know but I get a strong sense that Rachel's MSNBC look is the result of long and strenuous negotiation between a woman who likes to look like a little boy from the 1950s and a network that wants to maximize her feminine allure.

"Can't you grow your hair out a little?"

"No."

"Okay, but you have to wear lashes."

"I HATE lashes."

"How about if we don't make you wear eyeliner? Oh, and we need you to show a little bit of skin."

"No skin. Not my style."

"High neckline, bare arms?"

"Fine. I'm not gonna shave my arms though."

"Hmm. How about...a suit jacket over a low-necked top? In a pretty stylish print."

"In black."

"Oh, all right. With fire engine red lipstick."

"With NEUTRAL lipstick."

"Oh, Christ. All right."

by Anonymousreply 123May 5, 2020 1:35 AM

R122 - I agree, Mother Mike Pence is way too big of a bottom anal whore to ever be converted into a macho pussy grabber like his moronic Führer. Lost cause.

by Anonymousreply 124May 5, 2020 1:38 AM

CNN: Intel shared among US allies indicates virus outbreak more likely came from market, not a Chinese lab.

by Anonymousreply 125May 5, 2020 1:47 AM

Did the Trumps & Kushners invest in companies making viral testing products, ventilators, masks, other medial supplies, etc., before the pandemic accelerated? Barr's DoJ won't investigate, and other oversight entities have been gutted by the Trump administration or just ignored.

Did Elaine Chao's family receive a boost in shipping of pandemic supplies from China, and U.S. shipping newly made U.S. ventilators to other countries? Mitch & Elaine are deeply invested in that shipping company.

by Anonymousreply 126May 5, 2020 2:28 AM

^^^ Even if all of that is true, none of it matters because we have an entire political party corrupt. We have to wipe out republicans at every level.

by Anonymousreply 127May 5, 2020 2:36 AM

*take bribes to receive government contracts from taxpayer billions.

Executive Branch, including the Cabinet, IS a full criminal enterprise now.

Look at the people, don't expect otherwise.

Senate didn't remove from office; all green light.

by Anonymousreply 128May 5, 2020 2:37 AM

R121, here's a rare photo of Rachel in pink.

I've never seen her in anything but black on the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129May 5, 2020 2:45 AM

[quote]Even if all of that is true, none of it matters..

?????

by Anonymousreply 130May 5, 2020 2:45 AM

R130 Did you miss the because part? They have to be removed. Never before has the republicans been thoroughly corrupt. Why do Govs Baker and Hoggan remain republicans? I don't know what they think it means but that meaning died years ago.

by Anonymousreply 131May 5, 2020 2:52 AM

I'm really pissed that MD, MA and of ALL places VT voted in GOP Govs during the time of this president.

by Anonymousreply 132May 5, 2020 2:52 AM

In case you missed it last week, there's an unidentified Israeli who knows Benjamin Netanyahu and Jerome Corsi and offered election assistance to Trump in 2016 via Roger Stone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133May 5, 2020 4:02 AM

Now we know why those OANN reporters are given special treatment

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134May 5, 2020 4:03 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135May 5, 2020 9:57 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136May 5, 2020 9:57 AM

voter suppression and collusion with a hostile foreign power were all components in the results back in 2016. The other component is low turnout which we have to own. This is why usps is on the chopping block, they don't want us to vote by mail because when we all participate , they will lose every time. they cheat to win and when they win, we lose.

by Anonymousreply 137May 5, 2020 12:47 PM

R137 But if the Dems fight for it as they fought to get more money for actual workers and oversight in CARES, the Right with an assist from the media blamed them for "holding up an urgent bill playing politics". The republicans didn't get near the backlash when they were giving away the store to big corp.

It happened again with the next bill when Dems wanted to add more state and local funding. The republicans dug in and the media went with THEIR narrative of how the Dems were holding up the bill for politics.

Who is putting pressure on the media? Their owners. Which is why you didn't see all these business owners outraged at republicans for their blatant give away to big corp and total lack of care for anything else.

by Anonymousreply 138May 5, 2020 1:18 PM

Trump nominates and hires based on personal loyalty and sycophantic behavior. Qualifications, including experience and education, matter less.

He particularly prefers nominees with shady backgrounds in financial dealings and will deceptively embellish their qualifications.

That Wallace guy McConnell is pushing for the D.C. was deemed unqualified before. Ratcliffe with poor experience for heading an intelligence agency, and delivered a deceptive résume prior.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139May 5, 2020 2:42 PM

Yet the GOP continues to vote for them.

by Anonymousreply 140May 5, 2020 2:45 PM

Asked this morning why Dr. Anthony Fauci can't testify in the Democrat-controlled House, Trump replies it's because lawmakers in that chamber are "Trump haters."

The earlier explanation put forth by the administration was that work on coronavirus was too vital to force Fauci and other task force members to spend time on the Hill.

by Anonymousreply 141May 5, 2020 3:17 PM

Register to vote by May 9 in SC.

If you're a Republian/Trumpeter, means Lindz.

Early registration deadline, with no early voting unless disabled, and then go through a discouraging process to do even that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142May 5, 2020 3:19 PM

[quote]Trump and his regime have assaulted the rule of law, undermined the Constitution, and normalized fascism and authoritarianism in America. Trump has publicly invited hostile foreign countries to interfere in America's elections in order to ensure that he stays in power — perhaps indefinitely. He uses Nazi-like language to threaten reporters, journalists, news outlets and other public voices who dare to criticize him.

Continued...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143May 5, 2020 6:33 PM

Claire on Twitter

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144May 5, 2020 6:43 PM

r117:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145May 5, 2020 6:44 PM

UPDATE: Trump administration officials are telling members of the coronavirus task force that the White House plans to wind down the operation and it’s not clear whether any other group might replace it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146May 5, 2020 6:52 PM

Trump plans his summer getaway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147May 5, 2020 6:54 PM

CNN:

Ousted vaccine director files whistleblower complaint alleging coronavirus warnings were ignored

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148May 5, 2020 6:54 PM

Oh, Jared.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149May 5, 2020 6:59 PM

Trump lashes out at George T. Conway 3rd, Kellyanne's spouse. Ole George got under Trump's skin with the Lincoln Project ad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150May 5, 2020 7:06 PM

Martha McSally is all-in on Trump. Hope she's all-out in November.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151May 5, 2020 7:11 PM

Trump, McConnell, targeting New Hampshire for November. Elaine sends pork.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152May 5, 2020 7:33 PM

Of course, Florida.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153May 5, 2020 7:52 PM

[quote]Huckabee has joined a group of residents saying a county order closing beaches as a coronavirus response is keeping them off beaches in front of their homes. These are the beaches, you may remember, that Huckabee worked to have closed to the public against long Florida tradition of public access. Now that access has been denied him, he’s in court, as the Orlando Sentinel reports.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154May 5, 2020 8:00 PM

Mike Huckabee's age, obesity, and other preexisting conditions make him a prime target for Covid-19. I hope he wins!

by Anonymousreply 155May 5, 2020 8:06 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156May 5, 2020 9:18 PM

ABC:

Trump to ABC's Muir: 'It's possible there will be some' deaths as country reopens

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157May 5, 2020 9:45 PM

They really think things are going to go back to normal especially when the death toll rises. I've heard from some pissed off seniors. He is going to lose a decent amount of them in votes (and death).

The economy is not going to bounce back from this anytime soon. First, consumers are going to hang onto their money and only spend on things they need for the most part. Second, people are still scared to go out. Third, many of these businesses will struggle to be at 1/2 capacity. Also, no one trusts this administration to do a competent job- not voters, not nonvoters, not business, not Wall Street. Nobody.

If deaths start exponentially going up- you won't need to order a lock down. People will lock themselves down and trust will be shattered with this administration from the few who still trust it.

by Anonymousreply 158May 5, 2020 9:56 PM

quote]Huckabee has joined a group of residents saying a county order closing beaches as a coronavirus response is keeping them off beaches in front of their homes.

[quote]Mike Huckabee's age, obesity, and other preexisting conditions make him a prime target for Covid-19. I hope he wins!

Mike Huckabee's age, obesity, and other preexisting conditions make him a prime candidate for someone you don't want to see on a beach in a bathing suit.

by Anonymousreply 159May 5, 2020 10:04 PM

[quote]....someone you don't want to see on a beach in a bathing suit.

Wouldn't that apply to the whole family group?

And neighbors and nearby beach goers, PLEASE KEEP YOUR DOGS AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE!

by Anonymousreply 160May 5, 2020 10:15 PM

[quote]PLEASE KEEP YOUR DOGS AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE!

Unless, of course, the dogs are rabid pitbulls.

by Anonymousreply 161May 5, 2020 10:18 PM

So not only does he not wear a face mask while going to the plant, his entire entourage goes without.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162May 5, 2020 10:23 PM

Now the publisher of the National Enquirer is begging for a handout

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163May 5, 2020 10:32 PM

R142 Graham tweets much of the day and advertises his daily Fox TV, and often right-wing radio, appearances. He gets softball questions, and is Trump's run-bullshit-up-the-flagpole guy. He's all talk, and apparently isn't working for South Carolina. He's on Fox more than he is in the Senate chamber & office.

[quote]Speaking with Tony Perkins of @FRCdc in just a few minutes about the latest on #COVID19 and holding China accountable.

[quote]Speaking with #IngrahamAngle tonight at 10:15 pm on Fox News. Tune in!

by Anonymousreply 164May 5, 2020 10:34 PM

Handout? On no, sweetums

by Anonymousreply 165May 5, 2020 10:35 PM

So Dump wears eye protection but no face mask while visiting a face mask factory? What a fucking moron!

by Anonymousreply 166May 5, 2020 10:45 PM

David Pecker is a Trump bud/cohort who trashed Trump's adversaries.

Not all the kompromat & dirt is held by Vladimir. That Pecker vault hasn't been empty.

by Anonymousreply 167May 5, 2020 10:47 PM

I hope the projections of 3000 US deaths per day by June 1 aren't borne out. I hope most people are able and willing to take sensible precautions. But it looks to me as though Florida and Texas are poised for a surge in infections that they are completely unprepared to deal with.

by Anonymousreply 168May 5, 2020 11:13 PM

Will COVID-19 give us President Pelosi?

by Anonymousreply 169May 5, 2020 11:17 PM

Senate battle news - today's polls show Dem Bullock ahead in MT by 7 points and NC Dem Cunningham is ahead by 9 points. Hickenlooper is way ahead in CO (17 points).

by Anonymousreply 170May 5, 2020 11:39 PM

Senate battle news - today's polls show Dem Bullock ahead in MT by 7 points and NC Dem Cunningham is ahead by 9 points. Hickenlooper is way ahead in CO (17 points).

by Anonymousreply 171May 5, 2020 11:39 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172May 6, 2020 1:41 AM

RBG- GURL! Put her in a bubble.

by Anonymousreply 173May 6, 2020 1:44 AM

Là Sénatrice has ordered a hoopskirt like this to satisfy her social distancing needs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174May 6, 2020 9:57 AM

Don't give Trump a new idea for a cure....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175May 6, 2020 10:26 AM

NYT: Jared Kushner put bewildered 20-something volunteers with no disaster or medical experience at the forefront of PPE sourcing. The result: “bureaucratic cycles of chaos,” according to one who became a whistleblower.

"Many of the volunteers were told to prioritize tips from political allies and associates of President Trump, tracked on a spreadsheet called “V.I.P. Update,” according to documents and emails obtained by The New York Times. Among them were leads from Republican members of Congress, the Trump youth activist Charlie Kirk and a former “Apprentice” contestant who serves as the campaign chair of Women for Trump.

Few of the leads panned out, according to a whistle-blower memo written by one volunteer and sent to the House Oversight Committee. While Vice President Mike Pence dropped by the volunteers’ windowless command center in Washington to cheer them on, they were confused and overwhelmed by their task, the whistle-blower said in interviews.

The fumbling search for new supplies — heralded by Mr. Trump and Mr. Kushner as a way to pipe private-sector hustle and accountability into the hidebound federal bureaucracy — became a case study of Mr. Trump’s style of governing, in which personal relationships and loyalty are often prized over governmental expertise, and private interests are granted extraordinary access and deference."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176May 6, 2020 12:12 PM

Elections have consequences. We are now in shambles. True, he didn't cause this pandemic but the response has been abysmal. There have been multiple times a competent president could have made a real difference yet he has failed every single one of them and made things worse.

Farmers have excess food rotting- he could have mobilized the full weight of the federal govt to fix this. He didn't.

by Anonymousreply 177May 6, 2020 12:34 PM

@ r172 OH FUCK

by Anonymousreply 178May 6, 2020 12:39 PM

[bold]Seth Meyers: 'This is what you get when you make a TV star president'[/bold]

[quote]As several states began tentative, and risky, reopening measures, Donald Trump held a town hall at the Lincoln Memorial on Sunday night exclusively for Fox News – which “makes sense”, said Seth Meyers on Late Night, because Trump is “constantly either in a state of watching Fox or appearing on Fox or watching himself appearing on Fox. Eventually Fox is just going to turn into a 24/7 feed of Trump watching himself on Fox like an infinity mirror.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179May 6, 2020 12:40 PM

@ r156 ha ha ha ha ha - worried about hanging on to power now? Fuck you, Barr.

by Anonymousreply 180May 6, 2020 12:42 PM

I think it is amazing that Jared Kushner was able to ally himself with a family that is just as stupid, venal and corrupt as his own.

by Anonymousreply 181May 6, 2020 1:21 PM

Ms. Gaetz wants law enforcement in the U.S. to stop using drones produced by a Chinese company.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182May 6, 2020 1:38 PM

Virginia's 5th Congressional district, that includes Charlottesville and Lynchburg, has an internal, local Republian battle, and is being targeted as a Democratic pickup.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183May 6, 2020 1:54 PM

Stormy Daniels tweet:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184May 6, 2020 2:06 PM

I wish they would stop poisoning Ruth.

by Anonymousreply 185May 6, 2020 2:08 PM

From a Jan., '20 article, that elaborates on the Trump-Pecker relationship.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186May 6, 2020 2:18 PM

I really hope all these affairs took place when he was younger because I can't imagine a woman touching him now.

by Anonymousreply 187May 6, 2020 2:20 PM

I really hope all these affairs took place when he was younger because I can't imagine a woman touching him now.

by Anonymousreply 188May 6, 2020 2:20 PM

There is Hope!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189May 6, 2020 2:48 PM

Instead of attacks on Mayor Pete, perhaps The Root has refocused.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190May 6, 2020 2:53 PM

[quote]As one of the few aides Trump implicitly trusts, the former White House communications director urged the president to act as a frontman for the coronavirus crisis — a leader who could offer calming messages, critical health information and important updates on the progress of the White House’s response efforts, instead of delegating those responsibilities to health officials or the vice president.

These people don't know Trump very well.

by Anonymousreply 191May 6, 2020 2:55 PM

Jesus, r189, does she apply her make-up with a trowel?

by Anonymousreply 192May 6, 2020 3:07 PM

R192 It is caked on cum that has browned to different shades.

by Anonymousreply 193May 6, 2020 3:10 PM

I just had a zoom call with a person who works in another department. She just asked if I was PC and wearing a mask when I go out. I said of course I do. She, an older white Christian lady with crosses all over her office, said he is not PC, refuses to wear a mask and "likes people to look at her funny." She said she does maintain a distance, though.

What is wrong with these people? Rhetorical but feel free to speculate.

by Anonymousreply 194May 6, 2020 3:13 PM

Trump nominee CRUMBLES under questioning by Kamala Harris at hearing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195May 6, 2020 3:14 PM

I love Kamala when she has them on the run. I hope Biden makes her Attorney General.

by Anonymousreply 196May 6, 2020 3:18 PM

I thought he was unqualified before and withdrew? What changed? The Senate was not going to confirm him last time. What changed?

by Anonymousreply 197May 6, 2020 3:18 PM

"Jared Kushner put bewildered 20-something volunteers with no disaster or medical experience at the forefront of PPE sourcing"

Of course he did

by Anonymousreply 198May 6, 2020 3:34 PM

As soon as this virus was reported to be killing blacks in a higher proportion people suddenly wanted to reopen the country. Hmmmmm

by Anonymousreply 199May 6, 2020 4:21 PM

People wanted to "liberate" the States after Trump put the idea in their head, told them there was nothing to worry about, and kept telling them that this was a Democratic plot to subvert him and destroy the economy in order to win the election because they were out to get him...

by Anonymousreply 200May 6, 2020 5:12 PM

Can you all imagine the illuminati Kenya conspiracy theories if Obama was filmed with Live And Let Die playing in the background during a pandemic or hell anytime?

by Anonymousreply 201May 6, 2020 5:16 PM

[quote]this was a Democratic plot to subvert him and destroy the economy in order to win the election because they were out to get him

Dear handsome and sorta hot baby jesus, please let us Democrats become this smart and cunning.

by Anonymousreply 202May 6, 2020 5:16 PM

Trying to railroad through unqualified Wallace.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203May 6, 2020 5:19 PM

^Justin Walker, not Wallace

oops

by Anonymousreply 204May 6, 2020 5:21 PM

So what is to be made of this? It is popping up on my FB feed and other places. They are all major right wingers posting and commenting....I googled this woman and it seems like she is a butt hurt, bitter anti-Vaxer. Is this as conspiracy theory-ish as it seems? I saw when I googled her that she tweeted that she got to POTUS with this. If so, should be popping up on one of his tweets any day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205May 6, 2020 5:25 PM

Opening of the states had nothing to do with Who was getting the virus. It is so Trump can make more money with all those that he made deals with. The pharma companies, the ones making PPE and anything else he could find to make money off of. The longer the virus is around the more money he makes.

You only need to think what is making money off of. It is the only thing that concerns him. His prejudice is only for his convenience. Most of the time he doesn't even notice the color of your skin or you ethnic background.

I finally figured out what he had against the Mexicans. I noticed that he complains about the groups of people that come in. The gangs, the rapists, the criminals and the sex traffickers. He doesn't always mention them all but he does always mention those involved with sex trafficking and I realized he was trying to eliminate the competition.

by Anonymousreply 206May 6, 2020 5:26 PM

R203 We need to hold republican Senators accountable for voting in these unqualified people.

R201 120 million heads would have exploded if Obama did a tiny fraction of what this thing has done. Hillary, too. They would be gone if they did what he does and has done because liberals are not sheep. We would have demanded they be removed for the VP.

by Anonymousreply 207May 6, 2020 5:27 PM

Thats why Trump, Kushner, etal have been confiscating PPE among other things...he wants to corner the market and make a bundle in the mean time...WHY HAS NOBODY CALLED HIM OUT ON THIS OBVIOUS PLOY.

by Anonymousreply 208May 6, 2020 5:49 PM

r181, it's pretty clear to me that Kushner's dad and Trump arranged his marriage of convenience to Ivanka. It's quite possible Jared never met her till the deal was made.

by Anonymousreply 209May 6, 2020 5:50 PM

The refusal to wear a face covering in public spaces reinforces their brand image. Their brand = "nyah, nyah, nyah"!

by Anonymousreply 210May 6, 2020 6:12 PM

[quote]The longer the virus is around the more money he makes.

The longer this goes on, the more people suffer medically and economically, the worse his prospects for reelection become. If he could make it all go away right now, he would.

by Anonymousreply 211May 6, 2020 6:12 PM

r211 I don't think so. He is torn between winning only another 4 years and making bundles of money now. The money always wins. I understand he is stashing it in places that we will never find.

by Anonymousreply 212May 6, 2020 6:21 PM

Going maskless makes me look macho (But I won't go out in public without 30 pounds of pancake makeup)

by Anonymousreply 213May 6, 2020 6:32 PM

If he loses the election, he'll likely be facing Federal and NY criminal and civil charges. That outweighs the money.

by Anonymousreply 214May 6, 2020 6:32 PM

[quote] The refusal to wear a face covering in public spaces reinforces their brand image. Their brand = "nyah, nyah, nyah"!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215May 6, 2020 6:38 PM

From r203...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216May 6, 2020 6:48 PM

R174 & R175 I've got mine!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217May 6, 2020 7:02 PM

r214 I believe escape plans have been made before anyone is charged. Whether they can execute them is another matter.

by Anonymousreply 218May 6, 2020 7:09 PM

So now there is talk of trump going for more tax cuts for the wealthy in the next round of stimulus payments.

Why doesn't the asshole give tax cuts to states so they can increase and improve their Covid response? Because that would be rational and caring, two things he is not. Instead of MAGA his slogan should de "Enrich the Rich."

by Anonymousreply 219May 6, 2020 7:17 PM

"Elections have consequences."

No offence to the poster, (which is why I didn't include it), but I fucking hate this cliched phrase! And I'm SO TIRED of hearing it. More than "the fish rots from the head" or calling something a "nothing-burger". What exactly does it mean? It's like saying "water is wet", (another cliched phrase). No shit! Especially elections that are rigged. Elections where known criminals are elected but yet people suddenly expect they will grow a conscience and do right by a country that they have no intention of doing anything but continuing their criminal ways and fattening their already obese pockets. Where they deliberately remove competent, life-long public servants known for their patriotism so they can substitute cronies and family members and reverse life-saving policies in order to please other criminals and continue to line their own pockets and nurture their own greedy enterprises.

by Anonymousreply 220May 6, 2020 7:34 PM

All it would take for Trump to evade prosecution in the U.S. would be a discreet flight to France or some other country that doesn't have an extradition treaty with us.

by Anonymousreply 221May 6, 2020 7:44 PM

Tell the truth!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222May 6, 2020 7:50 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223May 6, 2020 7:54 PM

R194, whenever someone says "I'm not PC," it means "I hate basic social norms." Not "prissy liberal norms," but the basic norms that have always governed society. Look at this woman's refusal to wear a mask: they knew to do that during the Spanish flu pandemic one hundred years ago. Hell, people wore masks in the Middle Ages during the Plague. Not wearing a mask is irrational, it's hostile to other people, yet this woman embraces it.

by Anonymousreply 224May 6, 2020 7:59 PM

[quote]All it would take for Trump to evade prosecution in the U.S. would be a discreet flight to France or some other country that doesn't have an extradition treaty with us.

Most countries do, including France. The governments that despise him, which is most of them, would gladly hand him over to us. Most of the ones that don't likely aren't places where Trump would want to spend the rest of his life.

by Anonymousreply 225May 6, 2020 8:08 PM

Murdoch's Fox, Graham, Gym, Hannity, etc., are on this propaganda kick that Democrats want to protect China from being blamed for the virus, and instead blame Trump. They are also blaming Biden for the way China behaves.

This is gross projection and desperation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226May 6, 2020 8:27 PM

Was Clarence Thomas pooping, then flushed, during a Supreme Court hearing via conference call?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227May 6, 2020 8:40 PM

An assessment of Gym's voting:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228May 6, 2020 9:20 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229May 6, 2020 9:51 PM

On the same day Sen. Richard Burr (R-NC)( dumped stock, so did his brother-in-law. Then the market crashed.

The brother-in-law, a Trump appointee, sold between $97,000 and $280,000 worth of stock. Burr is under federal investigation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230May 6, 2020 11:04 PM

Sad!

[quote]This is real life devastation and this President has shown more compassion towards Kim Jong-un than to our own loved ones.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231May 6, 2020 11:25 PM

Fox commentators promoting a message that social distancing doesn't work.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232May 6, 2020 11:33 PM

The corporations advertising on Rupert & Lachlan Murdoch's Fox News/NewsCorp need to be boycotted.

by Anonymousreply 233May 6, 2020 11:37 PM

The president’s determination to have the steel bollards coated in black has fluctuated during the past several years, and military commanders and border officials believed as recently as last fall that they had finally talked him out of it. They consider the black paint unnecessary, costly and a significant long-term maintenance burden, and they left it out of the original U.S. Customs and Border Protection design specifications.

POTUS has changed his mind and now wants the fence painted. We are modifying contracts to add,” said one official involved in the construction effort who, like others, spoke on the condition of anonymity for fear of being fired.

The Post obtained a copy of painting estimates that federal contracting officials produced, and it shows costs ranging from $500 million for two coats of acrylic paint to more than $3 billion for a premium “powder coating” on the structure’s 30-foot steel bollards, the high end of the options the officials have identified.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234May 6, 2020 11:46 PM

Simple posting request: Along with or instead of quoting another's post, might one include the R# so the reader might see said quotation in context?

Thanks ever so.

by Anonymousreply 235May 7, 2020 1:37 AM

Don't believe you, r27.

by Anonymousreply 236May 7, 2020 1:38 AM

The govt in republican states and at the federal level has failed the people. All of these businesses and individuals who have not been able to get unemployment or stimulus money allocated by Congress need to put the blame where it belongs- republicans. They have allowed big corps and businesses who have no right to funds, to get money allocated to those who are actually affected the most.

by Anonymousreply 237May 7, 2020 2:21 AM

R221 R225 Moscow is where they’re going.

by Anonymousreply 238May 7, 2020 2:34 AM

Another right-wing grifter asshole

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239May 7, 2020 3:24 AM

Why don't conservatives just tell everybody this is how the market works. Oh, you didn't save enough money for a rainy day? Sorry. Oh, your business relies on consumers visiting it daily? Too bad, the market says consumers will not put their personal safety at risk to get a beer and 12oz steak.

Of course that will never happen because conservatives don't actually believe in the shit they spew. So they have decided to force people back to work in the face of a contagious virus killing thousands a day with consumer demand plummeting.

by Anonymousreply 240May 7, 2020 3:29 AM

R232 Aren't we due for another "Laura Ingraham is a Cunt!" thread?

by Anonymousreply 241May 7, 2020 7:04 AM

McConnell, during a pandemic, is doing all he can to get "his boy" Justin, also from Kentucky, confirmed to the federal D.C. circuit Court.

Hearings are contentious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242May 7, 2020 8:41 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243May 7, 2020 9:02 AM

Does anyone know how many votes they need to confirm that idiot Radcliffe for DNI? Is it 2/3? What are his chances?

by Anonymousreply 244May 7, 2020 9:37 AM

Ted Cruz....

Now he doesn't want China censoring gay content in Bohemian Rhapsody?

[quote]It's surprising, then, that Cruz has taken up the cause of antigay censorship — and not on the side of the censors. The Republican appeared Sunday on Fox News to criticize the U.S. entertainment industry for allowing China to censor its films for LGBTQ content. “It really is tragic that Hollywood has been willing, over and over again, to kowtow to the Chinese communists and let the Chinese government censor American movies," Cruz told Sunday Morning Futures host Maria Bartiromo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245May 7, 2020 10:11 AM

hmmmmm......wonder what was promised for moving the US embassy. they have extradition? who the hell cares? who follows the laws anymore?

by Anonymousreply 246May 7, 2020 12:16 PM

^r246. Tell your boss we want Boris back instead of you. You don't make sense.

by Anonymousreply 247May 7, 2020 12:25 PM

R242 did Mitch sodomize with him?

by Anonymousreply 248May 7, 2020 1:51 PM

Supreme Court Throws Out ‘Bridgegate’ Convictions Of 2 Aides To Former N.J. Gov. Chris Christie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249May 7, 2020 2:35 PM

R248 Ask Republican Senator John Kennedy of Louisiana. He's defending Walker.

From the link:

[quote]Defending his nomination, Sen. John Kennedy, R-La., said Walker had been unfairly called “McConnell’s boy” and “McConnell’s intern” and “accused of everything but hating golden retrievers.

by Anonymousreply 250May 7, 2020 3:08 PM

R250 That was a lot of word salad and needs a MARY from the media.

by Anonymousreply 251May 7, 2020 3:09 PM

Maybe there is a 100 y.o. sea turtle, somewhere, with dementia that would sodomize Mitch.

by Anonymousreply 252May 7, 2020 3:16 PM

QNN:

One of Trump's personal valets has tested positive for coronavirus

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253May 7, 2020 3:27 PM

One of Trump's personal valets has tested positive for coronavirus

by Anonymousreply 254May 7, 2020 3:48 PM

I guess they don't give valets whatever Trump and Pence were given that allows their cavalier behaviors during a virus pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 255May 7, 2020 5:35 PM

I'm waiting for Sean Hannity to demand an investigation into the DOJ's prosecution of Bridgegate, now that the Supreme Court has said that it was prosecutorial overreach. The GOP doesn't give a crap about Christie, but it fits into the narrative they like to argue for Trump, that he was "unfairly" targeted by the Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 256May 7, 2020 5:59 PM

Maybe Trump, Pence, Kushners, their families, main staff, Cabinet, Turtle and allies, and top donors, have secretly been given some bio-protection.

by Anonymousreply 257May 7, 2020 6:05 PM

Trump administration asks Supreme Court to stop release of Mueller material

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258May 7, 2020 6:08 PM

[quote]I'm waiting for Sean Hannity to demand an investigation into the DOJ's prosecution of Bridgegate, now that the Supreme Court has said that it was prosecutorial overreach.

Miss Lindsey will be right on it with Hannity.

[quote]Speaking with @seanhannity tonight at 9:00 pm about the latest on this issue.

by Anonymousreply 259May 7, 2020 6:16 PM

AP's Mike Balsamo:

Justice Department is dropping criminal case against ex-Trump adviser Flynn, according to court filing obtained by AP.

(But didn't Flynn already plead guilty?)

by Anonymousreply 260May 7, 2020 6:37 PM

AP Exclusive: Justice Dept dropping Flynn's criminal case

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261May 7, 2020 6:40 PM

Fucking christ

by Anonymousreply 262May 7, 2020 6:42 PM

If Biden gets elected, can the Justice Department reopen the case?

by Anonymousreply 263May 7, 2020 6:45 PM

Everyone is paying attention to Coronavirus so the JD and Trump Admin are going balls to the wall, knowing that any initial outrage will be forgotten quickly. I can’t even keep up anymore. I’m still wondering about the insider trading scoop that broke about the China tariffs with Trump & Kushner.

by Anonymousreply 264May 7, 2020 6:48 PM

Hopefully the new AG will have balls and not bow down to political pressure. Remember...there are plenty of charges against Flynn and all the others that were never charged.

by Anonymousreply 265May 7, 2020 6:50 PM

Dropping chargers on traitors.

If Trump looks like he's losing in the fall, watch Trump, Barr, & company illegally cancel the elections and finalize a coup d'etat.

Barr is totally sinister, and Democrats need to impeach him, even if the Republian-controlled will refuse to vote for removal. Barris a bad man harming America profoundly.

by Anonymousreply 266May 7, 2020 7:21 PM

R260, Flynn pleaded guilty in open court, but then moved to withdraw from his plea arrangement.

by Anonymousreply 267May 7, 2020 7:24 PM

I hate when I'm right in a negative way, but I said in an earlier post that Flynn won't serve jail time

1 of 2 things will happen now:

1) the overly lenient judge who should have sentenced Flynn in early 2019 will agree to drop charges so he won't contradict DOJ

2) the judge will be pissed and proceed with sentencing but Trump will immediately issue a pardon using Barr's opinion as fake justification

either way Flynn gets off

this is awful. I'm pissed at the judge. I really don't get why he allowed Flynn to play games for the last 16 months. Flynn should have been in jail already

truly banana republic time people

by Anonymousreply 268May 7, 2020 7:35 PM

R264 I kept saying last week the mainstream media should have and could have devoted just 1 segment an hour to rebutting the Flynn nonsense that has been on Fox/right wing media for the last 2 weeks now. I was expecting Barr to drop charges soon. Now they're acting like they're shocked it happened when it was being telegraphed

too many in the mainstream media dismiss all the lies in right wing media as stuff "not worth paying attention to". Unfortunately with this administration in power, those lies on right wing media become a reality. I don't understand why mainstream media never seems to learn its lesson. How many endless hours do we need to hear about the meat packing plants, nursing homes and prisons? Yes I understand it's very important to cover how coronavirus has affected those populations but that is not the ONLY story. There's so much going on behind the scenes as we're seeing now with Trump.

Obviously mainstream media coverage wouldn't have prevented Barr from doing this but it would have prepped people more for what was coming and to build the outrage. For the last couple weeks now Fox and right wing media have been the ONLY voice talking about Flynn so to casual news viewers they think that' narrative is the fact. I be ta lot of people don't know much about Flynn's case. The producers of mainstream media need to be fired and they need more competent people ready to do battle with the evil liars on right wing channels. We need to make the facts the loudest voice

by Anonymousreply 269May 7, 2020 7:45 PM

Next Barr will get Manafort freed and exonerated; and Roger Stone will never serve a day.

Trump and Barr want to convict and lock up Comey, McCabe, Strzok, etc.

by Anonymousreply 270May 7, 2020 8:15 PM

Adam Schiff twitter

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271May 7, 2020 8:18 PM

r263, you bet your ass they can.

by Anonymousreply 272May 7, 2020 8:18 PM

This is why right wing media needs to call mainstream media "liberal" so they have less credibility to call them out.

I'm not sure how they are so good at it but conservatives have created this narrative/talking points situation that is sinister and effective. You can see how they've worked over time to change the narrative surrounding the virus to reopen. They've also created Pres Bone Spurs and a dangerous situation in the country. Reality is lost on the Right.

by Anonymousreply 273May 7, 2020 8:20 PM

R273 I read right wing pieces or watch sometimes and if I let me self get absorbed in it I can see how you could get brainwashed by it. Fox is a big network and seems legit on the surface, to pre-Dementia Boomers it’s the equivalent to when millennials get lost down YouTube conspiracy video rabbit hole.

by Anonymousreply 274May 7, 2020 8:25 PM

It just shows how desperate Trump is to please the hard core base. Those internal polling numbers must be staggeringly bad.

by Anonymousreply 275May 7, 2020 8:34 PM

Kamala just made a great point on MSNBC

we have news today of millions of people having filed unemployment, we have news of 1/5 mothers saying they're having trouble getting enough food for their children during this coronavirus period and THIS is what Trump/Barr are choosing to focus on. We still don't have any plan for increasing testing and yet it's important to announce today that Flynn's charges should be dropped?

by Anonymousreply 276May 7, 2020 8:35 PM

R271 did you see the reply from Rep Steve Smith from GA?

Disgusting

by Anonymousreply 277May 7, 2020 8:39 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278May 7, 2020 8:42 PM

liberal and lib is their way of calling you a n word or n word lover.

by Anonymousreply 279May 7, 2020 8:51 PM

Notice the words in black.

Truly disgusting. These people are born again Nazis.

by Anonymousreply 280May 7, 2020 8:59 PM

[quote]Next Barr will get Manafort freed and exonerated

He may be able to push for a release, but he can't unilaterally overturn the conviction. A pardon won't do that either.

by Anonymousreply 281May 7, 2020 9:04 PM

nauseating to see now Flynn's scammer lawyer, Sidney Powell, gets to parade around on a fake victory lap claiming justice has been done

by Anonymousreply 282May 7, 2020 9:31 PM

[quote]If Biden gets elected, can the Justice Department reopen the case?

If Biden is elected, his Justice Dept can open cases against Dump and Barr.

by Anonymousreply 283May 7, 2020 9:47 PM

I really hope Democrats do not chicken out like they did with Bush

the time is not for unity. We need to prosecute all those pieces of shit from Flynn to Trump to Barr and more

by Anonymousreply 284May 7, 2020 9:51 PM

Isn't that rich, this little putz "demands" an apology. The people who live in Indiana never received an apology, nor did the gays sent to conversion camps, or the poor struggling to pay for their HIV meds, unless they attended "Lifestyle Education" classes. Apology my arse. Fuck him, and that horse, Mother Pence, he rode into the White House on.

by Anonymousreply 285May 7, 2020 9:52 PM

We will once again have a Democratic president cleaning up a stinking pile of republican shit if Biden is elected. I think people are now motivated to vote Blue no matter who and to turn out in every election not just the presidential one.

by Anonymousreply 286May 7, 2020 9:57 PM

Tell me again they don't have some sort of immunity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287May 7, 2020 10:09 PM

Exactly, R284. I don't want anymore of this "turn the other cheek" bullshit from the Democrats once they get back in power.

by Anonymousreply 288May 7, 2020 10:23 PM

Unfortunately, r288 they will.

by Anonymousreply 289May 7, 2020 10:27 PM

R288, Are you kidding?! I'm Blue Since Birth, but even I can recognize a person who seeks compromise and comity above all, and he is Joe.

Nobody will be investigated, there will be no committees or commissions to whom witnesses will testify, it will be all Rodney King Re-dux.

Joe has said more than once that he'd consider a Republican for his Cabinet.

by Anonymousreply 290May 7, 2020 10:29 PM

the level of treason of these fuckers cannot just be ignored.

Especially if Trump actually brings Flynn back into the government.

this is beyond insanity

by Anonymousreply 291May 7, 2020 10:43 PM

R290 Saying something and doing are two completely different things. I really wish Dems would perfect this. It is an art. Say what you need to then get into office and do what you have to.

I think Dems have learned their lessons from the past. There is no compromising with that party. However, if we are in a truly bad way once Jan 2021 gets here, would the electorate turn on Dems if they went after (rightly so) all the criminals that are the republican party?

by Anonymousreply 292May 7, 2020 10:56 PM

The Senate is where the man go up into the man, r248

by Anonymousreply 293May 7, 2020 11:08 PM

R292 it will be the job of Democrats and the mainstream media to message everything correctly. The right wing media is going to be screaming the vote was rigged if they lose in November, never mind if Democrats win AND then hold Trump admin accountable for their misdeeds.

Liberals and Democrats just have to get tougher. They've tried being polite and showing quiet strength while the right wing has become increasingly insane and screaming. There are more of us so we should be able to out-scream them. Fuck the old white hetero repub pieces of shit

by Anonymousreply 294May 7, 2020 11:22 PM

We do need to out scream them. There is no appeasing that side. We won't see a unified country for a long time. The only way would be for whatever decent republicans are left to join the Never Ters and deny them power until the insanity stops. How can Govs Baker, Hoggan and that guy in VT (among others) call themselves republicans in this day and time?

by Anonymousreply 295May 7, 2020 11:25 PM

R295 it's not about appeasing but to make sure the casual news followers get the truth as their main narrative.

by Anonymousreply 296May 7, 2020 11:28 PM

Joe can appoint Amash to something to show unity. That would be just fine with me. Uncle Joe should consider public truth and reconciliation hearings (or whatever they were called) like they did in South Africa. And if the Fox crowd doesn't appreciate the great deal they are getting with those then we can have Nuremberg style trials.

by Anonymousreply 297May 7, 2020 11:46 PM

This Trump sycophant queen lecturing Democrats is absurd. She needs to be knocked down a few notches.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298May 7, 2020 11:50 PM

Look how red & bloated Miss Lindsay's face is; she's approaching Ted Kennedy territory. Girlfriend is hitting the bottle HARD.

by Anonymousreply 299May 7, 2020 11:55 PM

The late Barry Goldwater

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300May 8, 2020 12:04 AM

Richard Painter.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301May 8, 2020 12:10 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302May 8, 2020 12:16 AM

More on #ManFrogPig.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303May 8, 2020 12:25 AM

This unrelenting harassment from our own government is getting to me. I feel sick at heart. The corruption is on full display, they don't care, they are brazen and craven. Fuck them, fuck trump and his lying, criminal cohorts to hell. Their ends can't come soon enough.

by Anonymousreply 304May 8, 2020 12:30 AM

Next, #CadetBonesSpurs will be firing Christopher Wray.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305May 8, 2020 12:31 AM

November 3rd can’t come fast enough.

by Anonymousreply 306May 8, 2020 12:35 AM

The Senatralïna chugging down all those dingleberries with vodka just ain't healthy.

by Anonymousreply 307May 8, 2020 12:40 AM

Xi: "Haha! China will co-operate with investigation like Trump!"

by Anonymousreply 308May 8, 2020 12:44 AM

Maybe there's something in the urine of Russian teen hos/pee pee girls that makes those splashed immune to COVID-19?

by Anonymousreply 309May 8, 2020 12:45 AM

The men have been so frisky in the WH today hearing that charges were dropped.

Damn, I am sore!

by Anonymousreply 310May 8, 2020 12:51 AM

This unrelenting harassment from our own government is getting to me. I feel sick at heart. The corruption is on full display, they don't care, they are brazen and craven. Fuck them, fuck trump and his lying, criminal cohorts to hell. Their ends can't come soon enough.

I hear you R304; I feel the same way. Though I did consider this: Flynn wasn't exonerated - DOJ just dropped these charged; that's not to say that they couldn't find some other way to fuck him at a later date. Whatever the case, Dump wasn't going to let his little pet traitor go to prison - for now. But I don't think it's far from over for Mr. Flynn.

I literally count the months until the election; in the interim, however, I hope Barr & his family are harassed, threatened and sleep with one eye open at all times. He may think he's above the law, but eventually it will catch up to him one way or the other. We just have to be patient.

by Anonymousreply 311May 8, 2020 12:56 AM

I hope Kamala is selected as AG; she will tear out their jugulars with her teeth.

by Anonymousreply 312May 8, 2020 1:08 AM

r287, if there were some sort of VIP immunity protocol, why the reports of Trump freaking out about this?

by Anonymousreply 313May 8, 2020 1:22 AM

The Biden Administration needs to extend the statues of limitation on all Trump Administration crimes.

by Anonymousreply 314May 8, 2020 1:53 AM

just watched a segment with a former US attorney. She said the statute is 5 years from the crime being charged so that's 2022. Flynn could be recharged if Democrats win this election

by Anonymousreply 315May 8, 2020 1:53 AM

I'd like to see Adam Schiff as AG under Biden. He knows a huge amount, in detail, of all the Trump+ criminal activities. And what he doesn't know, he will work hard to find it. He can be pugnacious, and has high intellect.

by Anonymousreply 316May 8, 2020 2:13 AM

Adam Schiff heading Democratic Administration investigationS into Trump Administration corruption would be PERFECT!

by Anonymousreply 317May 8, 2020 2:17 AM

Breaking: Tim Kaine is a Velvet Underground fan

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318May 8, 2020 2:20 AM

What's with all these sinister old men; DJT, Barr, McTurtle, Koch, Mercer, etc.? They think they are going to take all that money with them to hell and buy themselves air-conditioning?

by Anonymousreply 319May 8, 2020 2:43 AM

[quote]it will be the job of Democrats and the mainstream media to message everything correctly.

[quote]it's not about appeasing but to make sure the casual news followers get the truth as their main narrative.

The problem is, I don't trust the mainstream media either. Let the Biden Administration start going after Dump and his criminal cohorts (as they should) and the first thing the mainstream media will do is run to Deplorableland to interview disgruntled Trumpsters about how "unfair" it is what the new president is doing and how "holding grudges isn't what we voted for" (as if any of them actually voted for Biden).

The mainstream media loves to play both sides against the middle.

by Anonymousreply 320May 8, 2020 2:58 AM

If This Pandemic Is a War, Trump Is a War Criminal:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321May 8, 2020 3:47 AM

R311 "I literally count the months until the election;"

Why? Trump is going to win! The same way he won the first time, by cheating!! And all the people who helped him get away with it the first time, (Flynn, Roger Stone, Paul Manafort), are gonna be out of jail. And they're gonna help him cheat to win the second time. Along with McConnell, and all the fucking rest of them.

I'm am so fucking furious! THIS is what I want to see somebody do to William Barr, Mitch McConnell, and ESPECIALLY DONALD J. TRUMP!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322May 8, 2020 5:21 AM

I'm seeing an uptick in puff pieces on Mike Pence. Something's going on.

by Anonymousreply 323May 8, 2020 11:43 AM

R322 that is just defeatism. Get a grip

by Anonymousreply 324May 8, 2020 11:53 AM

R323, I think if Dump is really that much in trouble with white women, FCI’s scoop about Pence being replaced by Nikki Haley might be finally coming to fruition. It’s a typical Dump move, so totally in character, but it won’t help a bit.

by Anonymousreply 325May 8, 2020 11:58 AM

The media always gives voice to the vocal minority on an issue. A lot of the time this is a good thing. However, they amplify things like the Tee Tee party. They are now amplifying the reopening people. The vast majority want to stay at home where they are safe. Many state govts, especially the federal govt, have done a shitty job (on purpose I would add) to get benefits from the CARES Act to those affected.

You can see the coordinated campaign from the Right Wing via Heritage and Bannon (Palin flying to Dallas for that salon owner who was jailed for opening too early) to push the reopen so the unemployment numbers don't reflect negatively on Pres Bone Spurs.

He put us into a Depression at lightening speed. Did he break Hoover's record?

by Anonymousreply 326May 8, 2020 1:34 PM

Reuters:

U.S. chief justice puts hold on disclosure of Russia investigation materials

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327May 8, 2020 4:48 PM

Congressional investigators in Washington are demanding information about loans and other funds that the Trump Organization has requested from foreign governments, including Britain, in the wake of the coronavirus crisis.

The demand for information follows a media report last month that said the Trump Organization was seeking UK and Irish bailout funds to cover wages of employees who had been furloughed from the company’s golf properties in Europe due to the pandemic.

In a letter to Eric Trump, the president’s son and vice president of the Trump Organization, Carolyn Maloney, the Democratic chairwoman of the House oversight and reform committee, suggested the decision to seek funding in the UK was problematic and potentially a violation of the US constitution, which calls for a president to have undivided loyalty to the US. Trump's push to reopen US risks ‘death sentence’ for many, experts warn Read more

The US Congress has already passed legislation prohibiting US taxpayer funds from being used to benefit companies in which Donald Trump holds a stake.

“Apart from the grave emoluments clause problems your actions cause in the United States, officials in the United Kingdom have raised serious concerns about using their own taxpayer funds to bail out President Trump’s companies,” Maloney wrote.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328May 8, 2020 4:49 PM

R320, 100% guaranteed that before midnight on November 3, and if it's called for Joe, all the MSM, especially MSNBC, will be demanding that President Biden must, absolutely MUST, "reach across the aisle, seek compromise, and HEAL THE NATION ASAP!!"

They will decry the possibility of any investigations into the vast and deep criminality of the Trump Administration.

These insistent and strident demands are made ONLY of Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 329May 8, 2020 4:54 PM

I honestly don't believe this R329..I think the corruption is so bad that there will be a groundswell of support for investigations and prosecutions. We can't allow this precedent to go unheeded. At least for 60% of the country, this is a very dark time for the US. We need accountablity.

by Anonymousreply 330May 8, 2020 5:15 PM

I'm afraid I agree with R328 about his assessment of Biden. However, if fate should intervene, and let's say Biden drops out of the race, (health reasons maybe?), and let's see he had chosen Kamala Harris as his running mate, and she ends up being at the top of the ticket. She ain't gonna let the Mother-Fuckers get away with it!

by Anonymousreply 331May 8, 2020 5:57 PM

R327 of course. Who's surprised by Roberts

guarantee if Trump had a D next to his name rather than an R he would never be getting such lenient treatment

by Anonymousreply 332May 8, 2020 6:41 PM

No one should be surprised about Roberts. Everybody thinks he can be trusted but he can't. Ever.

by Anonymousreply 333May 8, 2020 6:44 PM

Biden and his AG (let it be Schiff) better be giving us some heads on goddamned pikes!

Fuck this "healing" bullshit. All it does is tell criminals you won't ever be punished as long as you're an old, white dessicated male.

We will be out for blood. These criminals need to pay dearly for their treason.

Give me heads on pikes or give me another candidate.

by Anonymousreply 334May 8, 2020 6:53 PM

If, fingers crossed, Biden is elected by a large margin and Dems can a healthy control of the House and Senate, you will all need to call your reps to express that you want accountability for the criminal actions of republicans. Though, if we are deep into a Depression and the virus is surging, it will be quite tricky politically unless the masses are demanding it.

by Anonymousreply 335May 8, 2020 7:36 PM

Trump says "much more to come" after congratulating Flynn

what the fuck does that mean?

I guess he's going to interfere with Stone, Manafort and more?

maybe get Barr to make up some trumped up (pun intended) charges for Comey, McCabe, Strzok, Lynch, Rice, Hillary etc?

by Anonymousreply 336May 8, 2020 7:39 PM

this is when we need some serious hackers on our side. Somebody not funded by Russia like Wikileaks.

by Anonymousreply 337May 8, 2020 7:41 PM

Federal Watchdog Says Coronavirus Whistle-Blower Should Be Reinstated as It Investigates

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338May 8, 2020 7:42 PM

anyone know if Barr possibly has legal exposure for what he's doing as AG? Or it can all be excused as interpretation and he's just taking liberties the power of AG office affords him?

by Anonymousreply 339May 8, 2020 7:44 PM

Barr's arrogance in his CBS interview yesterday when asked about how this Flynn decision will be viewed in history was nauseating

he said the winners write history and then chuckled

he knows he's full of shit

by Anonymousreply 340May 8, 2020 8:04 PM

Barr had lied to Congress. That is plenty for him to be prosecuted.

by Anonymousreply 341May 8, 2020 8:14 PM

Barr just needs to be gone by hook, crook, pistol, poison..........

by Anonymousreply 342May 8, 2020 8:16 PM

I'll settle for COVID-19, r342.

by Anonymousreply 343May 8, 2020 8:23 PM

Multiple mainstream media links are getting rejected on DL. Not just CNN.

by Anonymousreply 344May 8, 2020 8:43 PM

Stephen Miller's wife is the aide to Pence that tested positive so now the entire group of them has been exposed. karma?

by Anonymousreply 345May 8, 2020 9:32 PM

If at first you don't succeed...

by Anonymousreply 346May 8, 2020 9:34 PM

Good article from the Washington Post about scum Jared Kushner and his incompetence and lack of heart or soul. The comments are good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347May 8, 2020 10:55 PM

They're all so phenomenally awful. I mean, we have to learn SOMETHING from this bullshit time, don't we? Well I hope so. Or maybe we'll just do the usual shit and pretend that, oh, that didn't really happen and everything is okay, like Bush and the Iraq War (which is STILL FUCKING HAPPENING).

by Anonymousreply 348May 8, 2020 10:57 PM

Oh, Lindsey

[quote]...ready to open up and get business going.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349May 8, 2020 10:59 PM

I'll even let go of prison time for most of these people as long as they get a violent bitch slapping from everyone they've fucked over the past four years.

by Anonymousreply 350May 8, 2020 11:00 PM

get ready for the focus on the dumb Tara Reade interview this week. repubs will use it as an attempted distraction from all the Trump fuckery

by Anonymousreply 351May 8, 2020 11:06 PM

Barr needs a swift kick in the balls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352May 8, 2020 11:16 PM

Wrong, Billy barf!

The survivors write history.

by Anonymousreply 353May 8, 2020 11:34 PM

Do y'all think that Trump really drinks Diet Coke? The news said this corona valet brings it to him.

He does look a bit thinner these days. I'm not seeing as many chins, so...

by Anonymousreply 354May 8, 2020 11:36 PM

R354 you got a bridge to sell me?

by Anonymousreply 355May 9, 2020 12:06 AM

He's a fat ass motherfucker, and nothing will change that, R354, except a couple of months in the grave.

by Anonymousreply 356May 9, 2020 2:29 AM

He always drank diet coke. Big Macs and diet coke.

by Anonymousreply 357May 9, 2020 2:58 AM

The evil fucks are winning.

by Anonymousreply 358May 9, 2020 4:54 AM

The utterly corrupt DJT administration is using the cover of the pandemic to accelerate the demise of democracy.

Bill Barr's history as AG has been centered on getting chosen Republican crooks released and/or charges dropped.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359May 9, 2020 10:33 AM

They really think they got this in the bag but they're fucking themselves too.

They're the Keystone cops.

Sit back and laugh.

One fuck up after the other.

by Anonymousreply 360May 9, 2020 12:05 PM

Incompetent, sociopathic, psychosis, saturated in corruption, and treasonous.

Not a delightful combination.

by Anonymousreply 361May 9, 2020 2:06 PM

I just realized what the God Botherers would be saying about this pandemic if Obama were still president. Sinful President! Gay Marriage! Punishment for electing a Demoncrat!

Now, not so much. No big theory about the fact that God visited a plague upon Trump's America? Nothing, evangelicals?

by Anonymousreply 362May 9, 2020 3:46 PM

OMG

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363May 9, 2020 5:20 PM

That is indeed an OMG story, R363. Obviously, this American company didn't get a contract to manufacture masks -- and still hasn't -- because the CEO is not a major Trump donor. Instead, we're paying Trump cronies way more than we should to source masks made elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 364May 9, 2020 5:34 PM

R362 I was just thinking the same thing! That should go viral. This is God’s punishment for us not removing Dump from office.

by Anonymousreply 365May 9, 2020 5:54 PM

Who is the real Rod Rosenstein? He'll get portrayed as a by-the-book, honest Justice Department official, to a deceptive weasel who has supported Trump all along and helped Barr in undermining the Mueller Report and undertaking related acts to personally please Trump. Then it all goes back and forth.

I believe Rosenstein is all about keeping his job, and adapts to however the wind is blowing. He is an establishment Republican.

This love & adoration of Carter Page hasn't been limited to Miz Lindzey, others such as Trey Howdy, and Fox News pundits.

An opinion on this is in the link; but am not necessarily concurring on all the facets of what's conveyed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366May 9, 2020 5:59 PM

Rod Rosenstein, along with Brett Kavanaugh, worked on Ken Starrs team prosecuting Bill Clinton during his impeachment...do you need any more information ?

by Anonymousreply 367May 9, 2020 6:03 PM

Attkisson is associated with Sinclair, so I cannot seem her messaging as nonpartison at all.

by Anonymousreply 368May 9, 2020 6:06 PM

^see, not seem

by Anonymousreply 369May 9, 2020 6:08 PM

Fox is not happy with Rosenstein for allowing the Mueller probe so his past credentials are deemed irrelevant to the deplorable base

by Anonymousreply 370May 9, 2020 6:10 PM

He did get a contract, R364, but at a much lower rate — 79¢ per mask vs $5.50 awarded to the politically connected company. This has Jared Kushner written all over it.

[quote]Big companies like Honeywell and 3M were each awarded contracts totaling for over $170 million for protective gear. One distributor of tactical gear — a company with no history of procuring medical equipment — was awarded a $55 million deal to provide masks for as much as $5.50 a piece, eight times what the government was paying months earlier.

[quote]On April 7, FEMA awarded Prestige a $9.5 million contract to provide a million N95 masks a month for one year, an order the company could fulfill without activating its dormant manufacturing lines. For the masks, Prestige charged the government 79 cents a piece.

by Anonymousreply 371May 9, 2020 6:24 PM

CNN:

Colorado election official says he felt pressured by state GOP chair to submit incorrect election results

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372May 9, 2020 6:29 PM

yeah I know Democrats do not want to do this because it will tear the country apart further but they need to directly call out the repubs for using this pandemic as another money making opportunity, rewarding donors/supporters and of course their outright attempts to cheat and lie during elections

by Anonymousreply 373May 9, 2020 6:37 PM

Cannot link CNN articles, but they did a lengthy article on Melania Trump entitled: Melania Trump's 'Be Best' falls short of goals at 2nd year mark. By Kate Bennett, CNN.

by Anonymousreply 374May 9, 2020 7:18 PM

What the House Democrats need to pursue immediately, is issue a strongly worded "resolution" of "no confidence" in Bill Barr and firmly call upon him to resign without delay. Go on record. Of course Republicans won't cooperate.

However, Democrats want committee hearings, which would be months away starting at a minimum due to the pandemic. If it's Nadler's committee, it will move very slow anyway. Barr would stall and ignore subpoenas, and it would take years in the courts to force anything.

by Anonymousreply 375May 9, 2020 7:44 PM

Nixon's AG, John Mitchell, went to jail. For anyone who can answer my question, Why? and has Bill Barr done anything that equals what Mitchell did, in a legal sense? Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 376May 9, 2020 7:49 PM

I guess seniors aren't too thrilled with Trump's willingness to sacrifice their lives to the coronavirus:

A recent Morning Consult poll found that Mr. Trump’s approval rating on the handling of the coronavirus was lower with seniors than with any other group other than young voters. And Joe Biden in recent polls held a 10-point advantage among voters who are 65 and older. A poll commissioned by the campaign showed a similar double-digit gap.

This comes as the New York Times reports that one-third of all virus death in the U.S. are nursing home residents and workers.

by Anonymousreply 377May 9, 2020 8:02 PM

r376...Google is your friend.... found this part interesting as it parallels Barrs actions involving Ukraine and the Russia. While Mitchell did some fucked up shit, there is a lot that hasnt been reported about Barrs actions that, just from what we know, makes Mitchells antics seem like misdemeanors...like Treason or a variation of it.

by Anonymousreply 378May 9, 2020 8:09 PM

He loses the over 65 crowd he will lose by historic numbers in November.

I have been saying all over my social media that this is God's punishment for voting in and supporting such an obvious anti-Christian. I always add it is not whether a person is a believer or not. It is because Christians are doing this in God's name. They are supporting such anti-Christianess saying they are doing it in God's name. That is the very definition of something the Devil, if you believe, would want to accomplish.

by Anonymousreply 379May 9, 2020 8:12 PM

sorry....meant to include this in r378

"Tape recordings made by President Nixon and the testimony of others involved confirmed that Mitchell had participated in meetings to plan the break-in of the Democratic Party's national headquarters in the Watergate Office Building. In addition, he had met with the president on at least three occasions in an effort to cover up White House involvement after the burglars were discovered and arrested."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380May 9, 2020 8:13 PM

[quote]They are supporting such anti-Christianess saying they are doing it in God's name.

"I'm pro-life ... unless it interferes with getting my roots touched up."

by Anonymousreply 381May 9, 2020 8:16 PM

Trump is killing his old white base and he has no idea how to direct aid to them exclusively.

Is this the reason he sent PPEs and ventilators to Republican Senate States?

Looking at you Cory Gardner.

Is this the reason he is talking up the wonderful Iowa response to the pandemic while the infection rate spikes?

Looking at you Joni Ernst.

by Anonymousreply 382May 9, 2020 8:21 PM

Ed Meese was another fucked up AG who perverted the law....and Trump just gave him a medal (yes, hes still alive).

Anybody notice that the most corrupt are 9/10 times a Republican. Its a pattern with the GOP...just look at the economy under GOP rule over the past decades...Its always the Democrats that have to come in and clean up the mess before it gets worse. They think Republicans are fiscal hawks who hate spending...

by Anonymousreply 383May 9, 2020 8:23 PM

Bill Barr is a walking colostomy bag.

by Anonymousreply 384May 9, 2020 8:24 PM

R383 It is the classic bothsiderism or whataboutism. 1/10 Dems are corrupt but 9/10 republicans and it is both sides are corrupt. How republicans get labeled as hawks on fiscal matters is astoundingly stupid. Johnson gave us a balanced budget. Clinton gave us a surplus. Obama gave us a dramatically reduced deficit after cleaning up a huge fiscal mess from W. Reagan gave us huge spending and deficits. HW gave us additional deficits (though he did the right thing and raised taxes to start paying it down), Obama quickly turned the country around from an economic calamity. We paid off WWII in record time by taxing the top bracket at 91%. Again, a Democrat did that.

Pres Bone Spurs shot 78,000+ in the face on 5th Ave and other avenues across the country. Now republicans want to sacrifice seniors and those with health issues for an economy that depends on consumer spending. Not smart.

by Anonymousreply 385May 9, 2020 8:33 PM

agree, r375, a simple resolution: Resolved: Bill Barr is a Corrupt Attorney General who Cannot Be Trusted to Do His Job. It won't do much, but it will actually mean a lot. A very simple statement, that he is corrupt and the House of Representatives sees him as corrupt and not trustworthy.

by Anonymousreply 386May 9, 2020 8:38 PM

As far as what crimes Barr committed, given how openly he manipulates the law in support of Dear Leader, it doesn't seem unreasonable to assume that's he's done more egregious stuff behind the scenes. He & Dump have done a pretty effective job of shutting down & intimidating any potential whistleblowers, but as some point when the winds shift, people at DOJ will start coming out of the woodwork about the shit he's done & it will be enough to disbar him and hopefully prosecute him. I agree that Congress should do something to formally reprimand Barr - it won't do any good in the short term but acknowledges that the shit Barr is doing will not go unanswered.

It will be a fine day indeed when Barr & Pompeo are utterly destroyed & stripped of anything besides being convicted felons

by Anonymousreply 387May 9, 2020 9:36 PM

Miz Lindz doesn't want SC receivng medical supplies from China. She waits till months into a pandemic to pursue this? For now, supplies have to be garnered where available. The Trump administration could have addressed the medical supply chain starting three years ago. While Lindsey was in the House and Senate, the textile industry in SC, which could have easily made masks, gowns, hospital bedding, etc., had been steadily shutting down and moving operations to China and elsewhere. She has done nothing prior to address it except run her mouth. This is all about deflecting any blàme on Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388May 9, 2020 9:38 PM

true that too r387. maybe a resolution should call upon the next Attorney General to investigate any crimes by the current Attorney General. An acknowledgement that this administration is too corrupt to investigate itself and a request that the next administration not just do the usual bullshit "don't look backwards" nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 389May 9, 2020 9:39 PM

R388 link

by Anonymousreply 390May 9, 2020 9:43 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391May 9, 2020 9:44 PM

Alright, what's this new nonsense the trumptards are screaming about now? I'm hearing Obama implicated in the Flynn scandal and he's "lucky he's not in prison for treason". Where do they get this shit from?

by Anonymousreply 392May 9, 2020 10:34 PM

R392 Deep in their anal cavities. Also, Moscow.

by Anonymousreply 393May 9, 2020 10:37 PM

Trumptards are so fucking stupid...they'll believe anything

by Anonymousreply 394May 9, 2020 10:47 PM

R394 Which is why propagandists target them.

by Anonymousreply 395May 9, 2020 10:49 PM

Their contention from the beginning, R392, is that Obama orchestrated a set up of Flynn because a) Flynn was going to perform an audit of the "deep state," and b) it would embarrass the Trump administration.

Yeah, it makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 396May 9, 2020 10:49 PM

[quote]It’s a travesty that Ratcliffe would be nominated and a travesty that he’d be confirmed. The path to this travesty is Trump’s abuse of the power to appoint acting officials, and the Senate’s decision to surrender to it. Trump has exercised his prerogative to name acting officials far more than any previous president—and not just to fill jobs until a permanent holder can be confirmed. Instead, Trump prefers to use acting officials because he knows they’re beholden to him and not to the Senate, and they can be easily removed if his mercurial temper turns against them. “I like acting because I can move so quickly,” he said last year. “It gives me more flexibility.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397May 9, 2020 10:50 PM

this is why the House needs to say something, well, really anything. Barr's an asshole and crook and grifter. So resolved.

by Anonymousreply 398May 9, 2020 10:51 PM

So will the senate really confirm this unqualified Dump sycophant Ratcliffe? Let's hope he doesn't do too much damage in the next 7 months and Biden will hopefully fire them all on his first day.

by Anonymousreply 399May 9, 2020 11:03 PM

and that also. the House doesn't have all that much actual power, other than cutting off every single thing by not funding anything. but let's assume they don't want to do that. just go on record about every single judge approved by the Senate and vote, nope, they suck. you can't stop them from being on the bench, but you can actually make a pretty powerful statement about every single one of them.

by Anonymousreply 400May 9, 2020 11:06 PM

Can you imagine the clusterfuck that Bidens transition team will encounter. Half the damn records DONT EXIST. And nobody says a thing.

by Anonymousreply 401May 9, 2020 11:09 PM

Ole Kellyanne yaps away.

[quote]Kellyanne Conway, who serves as a White House counselor to the president, denounced the members of a conservative anti-Trump group co-founded by her husband as failures during a Thursday appearance on Fox News. Conway told Fox News host Harris Faulkner that the group of strategists and consultants who run the Lincoln Project "never achieved what I achieved, which is success as a presidential campaign manager. They all failed." She disagreed with a disclaimer by Faulkner that her line of questioning was unrelated to the identity of her husband, saying that it "certainly" was about him or "you would've quoted other people in the group." George Conway commented on Trump's response to a recent Lincoln Project ad titled, "Mourning in America," which blamed the president for insufficiently responding to the coronavirus pandemic in a Washington Post editorial published Wednesday. After calling out Trump for referring to members of the Lincoln Project as "loser types" who were "a disgrace to Honest Abe," George Conway claimed that Trump "fears the truth. He fears being revealed for what he truly is. Extreme narcissists exaggerate their achievements and talents, and so Trump has spent his life building up a false image of himself — not just for others, but for himself, to protect his deeply fragile ego." An April ad from the Lincoln Project argued that Trump "just didn't care" about the coronavirus pandemic and instead spent his time at "campaign rallies and golfing." George Conway refuted the Republican claim that Trump was too distracted by impeachment to respond to the pandemic in March by noting, "Look at the calendar. The impeachment trial ended on Feb. 5. In reality, it was over before it even started, thanks in large part to McConnell. The only drama was about whether there'd be any witnesses — and that ended on Jan. 31, when the Senate voted not to hear testimony. That left plenty of time to deal with the virus." Two months earlier, the Lincoln Project took out an ad against Sen. Susan Collins, R-Maine., which claimed that her support for a Trump ally, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., showed that she is "there to support corruption and loyalty to a political party." George Conway has also contributed to the campaign of former Vice President Joe Biden, the presumptive Democratic nominee for president. Trump implemented a number of policies which critics claim to have weakened America's ability to " Dr. William Haseltine, a biologist renowned for his work in confronting the HIV/AIDS epidemic, for fighting anthrax and for advancing our knowledge of the human genome, told Salon in March. "He should have been preparing by stockpiling all the necessary equipment. But even today we're not doing what we should do. Let me put it that way. What we should be doing is contact tracing [identifying people who may have come in contact with infected patients] and having mandatory quarantines for everybody who's been exposed. And quarantining not at home, but in hotel rooms, single occupancy hotel rooms."

Actually, that Lincoln Project video was widely played and generated donations that exceeded expectations. If was an effective ad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402May 9, 2020 11:23 PM

One wonders how the Conway's get along in the privacy of their own home.

by Anonymousreply 403May 9, 2020 11:32 PM

^Does this married couple still live in the same house, eat dinner together and sleep in the same bed? I really can't imagine how two people with so fundamentally different political views and lives can make this marriage work. One party is basically a brainwashed cult member.

by Anonymousreply 404May 9, 2020 11:33 PM

there is some bullshit going on there r404. I like what George Conway posts, but damn, there is something deeply dishonest going on there.

by Anonymousreply 405May 9, 2020 11:34 PM

[quote]I really can't imagine how two people with so fundamentally different political views and lives can make this marriage work.

James Carville & Mary Matalin have managed it for decades. The Conways are a different breed altogether, though, in the vitriol they spew – if not directly against each other, at least obliquely.

by Anonymousreply 406May 9, 2020 11:37 PM

Pres Bone Spurs has turned any decent conservative voting Dem for years.

by Anonymousreply 407May 9, 2020 11:39 PM

George found out about some "interaction" between Trump & Kellyanne and became pissed. It's personal.

by Anonymousreply 408May 9, 2020 11:47 PM

Ewww...blow job??

by Anonymousreply 409May 9, 2020 11:49 PM

If you must, r409

Content Warning!

by Anonymousreply 410May 10, 2020 12:08 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411May 10, 2020 12:09 AM

I realized today that we have something to be thankful for, that Trump changed parties and belongs to the Republicans. can you imagine if he was a democrat?

by Anonymousreply 412May 10, 2020 1:28 AM

If he still were a Democrat, he would be totally different. The reason ? Democrats would never allow him to surround himself with so many unqualified grifters. Democrats are all about the people. Republicans are all about Corporations.

by Anonymousreply 413May 10, 2020 1:37 AM

but he would still be a liar and stealing whatever he can from the taxpayers

by Anonymousreply 414May 10, 2020 1:42 AM

What are you all talking about? If he was a Democrat, he never would have been elected.

by Anonymousreply 415May 10, 2020 1:44 AM

For anyone whose been in a coma the last 10 years, the prime reason Trump switched parties was because he knew Republicans were stupid enough to elect him, (and also that they could be much easier bought). Somewhere there is an actual quote.

by Anonymousreply 416May 10, 2020 5:26 AM

[quote] Somewhere there is an actual quote.

If you're referring to this, it was fabricated. I don't doubt that he thinks it and may have said it in private. But he's never actually said it on the record.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 417May 10, 2020 5:29 AM

Democrats would have never allowed him to be elected as some have said. Never. And if he snuck through they would have allowed him to be removed for the VP.

by Anonymousreply 418May 10, 2020 7:10 AM

I know they say that he never said anything about running as a Repug because they were stupid but I swear I remember him saying it in an interview, not in a magazine. He was all young and smirky and didn't have the weird hair yet. I think it was during the early Ivana years or even before he was married sometime in the 1980s. I can even picture how he was sitting. The person interviewing him was on his left so he was facing a bit to his left with his left arm up on the back of the couch or armrest. His hair was still human color. Suit jacket unbuttoned and a tie. Not to be a conspiracy nut, but I wonder if it was scrubbed from the internet no matter what Snopes says.

by Anonymousreply 419May 10, 2020 9:46 AM

There's a southern queen spat and it doesn't even involve the Sénatrice.

From the Texas based conservative publication The Blaze.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420May 10, 2020 1:15 PM

Weaves are going to get snatched @r429!

by Anonymousreply 421May 10, 2020 1:17 PM

Ooh, I can't wait to find out what r429 posts!

by Anonymousreply 422May 10, 2020 2:19 PM

[quote]‘We don’t really believe all this stuff. We just tell other people to believe it.’ That’s a Fox News producer providing one perspective on how the sausage is made at the network, according to a preview of a new book from CNN’s Brian Stelter due out in August.

[quote]“Hoax: Donald Trump, Fox News, and the Dangerous Distortion of Truth” takes a deep dive into the White House response to the coronavirus pandemic and the network’s coverage of it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423May 10, 2020 2:53 PM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424May 10, 2020 3:27 PM

My link and comments at R424 didn't work. Below is what I was trying to post.

[bold]Former White House ethics chief accuses Trump of ‘laying groundwork’ to interfere with presidential election[/bold]

A former White House ethics director has claimed Donald Trump is “laying the groundwork” to interfere with the November election results after the president went on a Twitter rampage against California's voting process.

Walter Shaub was the director of the United States Office of Government Ethics in both the Obama and Trump administrations, but has lately been outspoken against Mr Trump and how he treats the presidency.

Mr Shaub said the president was preparing to ignore the upcoming presidential election results after a tweet storm on Saturday.

“So in California, the Democrats, who fought like crazy to get all mail in only ballots, and succeeded, have just opened a voting booth in the most Democrat area in the State,” Mr Trump tweeted. “They are trying to steal another election. It’s all rigged out there. These votes must not count. SCAM!”

Mr Shaub responded to the tweet, writing: “... and right on cue, here he is laying the groundwork for a refusal to leave office.”

Previous tweets from the former ethics director showed other examples that he believed proved Mr Trump was working to discredit the upcoming election in case he lost, including consistently tweeting about the “rigged” system...

by Anonymousreply 425May 10, 2020 3:34 PM

[quote](CNN) — A correspondent for the far-right One America News network, expelled from the White House press room for flagrantly violating social-distancing rules, has continued to show up for briefings with the support of the president’s staff.

Chanel Rion, chief White House correspondent for OANN, at school me point is going to draw the attention and scrutiny of Datalounge.

Chanel won't like that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426May 10, 2020 3:37 PM

I marvel at Chanel's ability to attend press events, between her very full schedule at Leave It To Beavers Strip Club and her double shifts at the local Hooters. She’s a true American entrepreneur!

by Anonymousreply 427May 10, 2020 3:45 PM

[quote]Chanel Rion, chief White House correspondent for OANN

We don't know her.

by Anonymousreply 428May 10, 2020 3:49 PM

I'm on my way to the salon, gals!

by Anonymousreply 429May 10, 2020 3:57 PM

Keisha Lance Bottoms, Mayor of Atlanta, has emerged as one of the candidates for VP on the Biden ticket.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430May 10, 2020 4:02 PM

Bet all the other WH correspondents love her and invite her to after work get-togethers all the time.

by Anonymousreply 431May 10, 2020 4:02 PM

Manu Raju: Trump has retweeted, quote-tweeted and tweeted himself 52 messages in around an hour’s time this Mother’s Day morning. A sampling:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432May 10, 2020 4:24 PM

R419 is right it does exist, I thought it was from a show like Donahue.

by Anonymousreply 433May 10, 2020 4:28 PM

Shouldn't Dump be tweeting something about mothers?

by Anonymousreply 434May 10, 2020 4:52 PM

Why, because he is a motherfucker, R434?

by Anonymousreply 435May 10, 2020 5:08 PM

R429, thank you for making my mistake funnier. Snatch all of the weaves, Karen!

by Anonymousreply 436May 10, 2020 5:11 PM

Trump's mother, Mary Anne MacLeod Trump, must have been one cold tit.

Just like those Reactive Attachment Disorder Harlow monkey experiments.

On this Mothers Day, Trump is actively substituting Twitter for the monster who made him. He has attached to Twitter.

It's pathological his sense of comfort he gets from it. A 77 year old man still looking for a warm tit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437May 10, 2020 5:15 PM

With all these vengeful attacks on former FBI officials, investigators, Congressional Democrats, Pelosi, Schiff, the prior administration, never-Trumpers, mainstream media, etc.; Trump, Fox pundits, Miss Lindsey, Gym, Gohmert, Gaetz, Ernst, Doug Collins, Gowdy, Nunes, Biggs, et. al., are reminding the electorate why Trump was impeached in the first place. Barr dropping charges on Flynn and other despicable autocratic behavior, only accents and accelerates the corruption. Trump is in everyone's face, with an enhanced public adoration and validation of Putin. That coupled with dealing with the pandemic incompently while engulfed in greed and projecting hoame, doesn't bode well for months to come. It DJT is re-elected (or illegally re-installed), doom is upon us.

by Anonymousreply 438May 10, 2020 5:51 PM

^blame; not hoame

by Anonymousreply 439May 10, 2020 5:56 PM

^blame; not hoame

by Anonymousreply 440May 10, 2020 5:56 PM

I don't think Trump ever gave a rat's ass about his mother. It was his daddy he was fixated on.

The whole of the GOP, actually, is fixated on daddy figures. Every single one of them in some way, desperate to earn daddy's love and attention.

by Anonymousreply 441May 10, 2020 5:56 PM

I think Trump was tweeting about the mail in ballots in CA because now he is worried that they might Not do all mail in ballots. He didn't appoint a new, completely unqualified, person to head the post office for nothing. You can't steal/hide mail in ballots if people don't mail them in.

by Anonymousreply 442May 10, 2020 6:05 PM

Could he just die already?

by Anonymousreply 443May 10, 2020 7:09 PM

Trump, Barr, Putin, DJT campaign operatives, have been laying down the network that could allow for extensive cheating for 2020.

They'll find dishonest state & local election officials whereby questionable counts and tabulations occur. Tampering with machines and ballots. Purging likely voters who are Democrats from active registration and narrowing the number of voting precincts in predominantly Democratic areas. Discouraging and misdirecting ethnic populations per voting. And Putin and right-wing social media intrusions. Hanky-panky with the USPS has long been a Trump intent.

Democrats need to demand loudly structures for clean elections now! Not on the night of Nov. 3rd.

by Anonymousreply 444May 10, 2020 7:37 PM

R425, R432, There was enough evidence by January 2017 to at least very strongly suggest not only that the Russians interfered in our election, but that it WAS enough to change the results. (Facebook disinformation campaign, Trump's assertions on live tv re: Putin, the many inconsistencies of the voting tallies in 5 crucial flip states). The Dems should have screamed for an investigation, anything to make the 2016 Presidential election illegitimate. It was Trump's biggest fear. It was behind his claim that 3 million immigrants voted illegally in CA making him lose the popular vote and call an investigation for it.

Especially after the Bush/Gore election in 2000 when we were stuck with a POTUS we truly didn't elect..... the GOP absolutely would have done that. Look at all the ghastly, disgusting events this country has gone thru in the last 4 years because of this horrible, "fake" election, this beyond vile "human" named Trump .... and because they got away with it - for at least a second time! - of course they're gonna try it again.

We've got 5 months to come up with something - a plan for WHAT WE KNOW will happen! And trusting our current voting system, and "representatives" running it, is NOT the answer!

by Anonymousreply 445May 10, 2020 7:58 PM

[quote]For anyone who can answer my question, Why? and has Bill Barr done anything that equals what Mitchell did, in a legal sense?

Congress can't investigate. Barr and cohorts have refused to testify before Congress, and continue to withhold relevant documents. The courts are slow in upholding Congressional subpoenas and anything per Trump and company gets appealed if a decision doesn't go in favor of the Trump administration. There is no special prosecutor with power examining Barr's action. There is no Archibald Cox or a Leon Jaworski.

Now, the federal Judiciary is packed and growing with McConnell judges. And the Senate remains Republican controlled.

by Anonymousreply 446May 10, 2020 8:04 PM

[quote](Chanel) Rion is engaged to Courtland Sykes, who in 2017–2018 unsuccessfully sought the Republic nomination for a Senate seat in Missouri on a pro-Trump, America First platform. (Wiki)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 447May 10, 2020 8:22 PM

No shortage of Nazis around. Courtland- that name. *Snort*

by Anonymousreply 448May 10, 2020 8:57 PM

Lindz is on Fox basically seven days a week, week after week. Some days Lindz also interviews with another right-wing outlet in addition to Fox. What other politician do that? Is Fox hard-up for guests? Lindz receives cotton-soft questions in a mutual disbursement of propaganda messaging with the pundit anchor.

Fox gives Lindz daily, free exposure, nationally, that certainly is a major advantage in exposure as a candidate for Senate re-election. His opponent may receive some brief interviews on other networks at times, but nothing on the scale Lindz has every day.

Lindz chairs the Senate Judiciary Committee and uses that as a platform to praise Trump and promote Trump's agenda and inflame viewers in an effort to discredit and take political revenge upon Trump's declared adversaries Is the ranking Democrat, or another Democratic member, on the Senate Judiciary Committee, offered equal time, anywhere, to respond to Lindz's highly partisan non-crossexamined messaging? No credible, senior level Democrat would appear with Hannity, Pirro, etc.

by Anonymousreply 449May 10, 2020 11:31 PM

It is so obvious they have something bad on Linz. There has never been a more obvious case of blackmail ever.

by Anonymousreply 450May 10, 2020 11:41 PM

The valets....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 451May 11, 2020 9:52 AM

Women of Maine have Susan Collins concerned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452May 11, 2020 12:33 PM

Marsha Blackburn & some colleagues want to rename a street to troll Chinese.

Thank the Lawd our Republican Senators are so busy helping to combat COVID-19 consequences!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453May 11, 2020 2:06 PM

The ambitious Nikki Haley:

She's on her soapbox to deflect any blàme on Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454May 11, 2020 2:17 PM

Mike Pence is self-isolating.

'Mother' has to be worried.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455May 11, 2020 2:24 PM

r442, if you were actually going to reorganize the entire federal postal service to steal and destroy tens of millions of pieces of mail just to throw an election...first of all, how are you going to get the entire vast US postal service on board with that, and second, how in hell are you going to keep it a secret? It would be far easier to just have Trump announce that he's suspending the election and declare himself president for life. Consider also that it's unlikely this pandemic will be over by November and that the Republicans really wouldn't benefit by turning the election into a challenge between Biden and Trump voters' willingness to risk infection for their guy.

by Anonymousreply 456May 11, 2020 2:25 PM

Is Iowa Republican Governor Kim Reynolds going to self-isolate? She interacted with Pence and his infected aide.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 457May 11, 2020 3:01 PM

Joni Ernst declares she will not self-isolate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 458May 11, 2020 3:04 PM

R455, is that actually true? I heard he was, then he wasn’t.

by Anonymousreply 459May 11, 2020 3:11 PM

Yes I read he retracted his self isolation...can't look weak

by Anonymousreply 460May 11, 2020 3:18 PM

More than 1,900 former Justice Dept. employees again call for Barr’s resignation

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461May 11, 2020 3:59 PM

Pence Says He'd Be Happy To See Flynn Back In Government | Morning Joe | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462May 11, 2020 4:09 PM

And again, no one in this corrupt administration gives a fuck what some former employees think.

by Anonymousreply 463May 11, 2020 4:09 PM

[quote]Mary B. McCord, the Justice Department official overseeing the early stages of the Russia investigation, said in a New York Times opinion piece that the motion to dismiss the charges relied heavily on her account of events leading to the FBI’s interview of Flynn, President Donald Trump’s first national security adviser, in January 2017. Neither that account nor the circumstances surrounding the interview supports a dismissal of the case, McCord wrote in the 1,300-word op-ed. She said Barr came up with his own justification to drop the case after Flynn had twice pleaded guilty.

[quote]“The department concocts its materiality theory by arguing that the FBI should not have been investigating Mr. Flynn at the time they interviewed him,” McCord wrote, adding that “the account of my interview in 2017 doesn’t help the department support this conclusion, and it is disingenuous for the department to twist my words to suggest that it does.”

Barr did the same type thing with Mueller. He twists the words and reports of others in attempting to Justify his sinister decisions. He's void of ethical behavior as AG. Murdoch's Fox News portrays him as heroic. Disgusting!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464May 11, 2020 4:26 PM

I can't hear the question.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 465May 11, 2020 6:54 PM

Republican Senator Cindy Hyde-Smith gives away tainted campaign contribution after being called out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466May 11, 2020 7:04 PM

(Texas Tribune) As Pete Sessions seeks a return to Congress, he has spent over $80,000 in campaign funds on legal fees, illuminating a wrinkle in campaign finance law while drawing increasing criticism from his Republican primary runoff opponent.

Sessions has not said what exactly the legal fees are for, but most have gone to a veteran criminal defense attorney in Dallas, and they began in October, the same month his name surfaced in the Ukraine scandal that led to President Donald Trump's impeachment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467May 11, 2020 7:17 PM

Contact TeamGraham today and get your yard sign & bumper sticker! Lindsey getting worried and dropping in the SC polls. And that's just for the Republican primary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468May 11, 2020 7:37 PM

"Steven Biss, an attorney for Rep. Devin Nunes of California, is facing sanctions for abuse of the legal system, the Fresno Bee reports."

According to the Fresno Bee's Katei Irby, Biss has represented Nunes in six different lawsuits and recently received "rare warnings from judges that raise the prospect of courts sanctioning him."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469May 11, 2020 7:44 PM

It's amazing how people can resist kicking Dump or GOP candidate yard signs off other people's lawn.

by Anonymousreply 470May 11, 2020 7:47 PM

CEOs, Farm Bureau President Told To Remove Face Masks Before Meeting With Mike Pence

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 471May 11, 2020 8:22 PM

“IT” is speaking now in the Rose garden. His tone is unusually command like, and cocky confident. But it only took 10 minutes into the speech before he went into tangents; specifically; psycho campaign rally mode.

Talking about the wall, talking about the stock market, jobs.

He needs to die on that fucking podium, right now.

by Anonymousreply 472May 11, 2020 8:29 PM

He accuses Obama of committing the greatest political crime ever, and refuses to say what it is. “You know what it is.”

by Anonymousreply 473May 11, 2020 9:10 PM

[quote]“You know what it is.”----Presidenting while black? Wasn't aware that was a crime, Dumpy.

by Anonymousreply 474May 11, 2020 9:43 PM

[quote]I can't hear the question.

Apparently he also can't pop his own pimples r465.

by Anonymousreply 475May 11, 2020 9:55 PM

Texas is getting all excited over the thought of having Tesla with the Gov saying they could save BILLIONS in tax breaks. So much for capitalism when big corps need welfare and handouts. Texans pay for the welfare with higher sales and property taxes.

by Anonymousreply 476May 11, 2020 10:13 PM

Colorado, Hawaii, Washington, Oregon, and Utah only vote by mail. I vote by mail in Arizona - no complaints from him about that? He doesn't want every Californian voting by mail because it will bury him in the popular vote.

by Anonymousreply 477May 11, 2020 10:23 PM

Colorado, Hawaii, Washington, Oregon, and Utah only vote by mail. I vote by mail in Arizona - no complaints from him about that? He doesn't want every Californian voting by mail because it will bury him in the popular vote.

by Anonymousreply 478May 11, 2020 10:23 PM

by Anonymousreply 479May 11, 2020 10:23 PM

by Anonymousreply 480May 11, 2020 10:23 PM

by Anonymousreply 481May 11, 2020 10:23 PM

Could you repeat that, please? I couldn't quite hear you.

by Anonymousreply 482May 11, 2020 10:25 PM

Florida also has vote by mail but not a lot of people know about it.

We are doing a big postcard campaign to inform people in Florida that it's an option.

I can post the Florida vote by mail phone numbers for the counties we've done so far if you all think it might help get the word out?

by Anonymousreply 483May 11, 2020 10:39 PM

Florida also has vote by mail but not a lot of people know about it.

We are doing a big postcard campaign to inform people in Florida that it's an option.

I can post the Florida vote by mail phone numbers for the counties we've done so far if you all think it might help get the word out?

by Anonymousreply 484May 11, 2020 10:39 PM

I wish the fucking media would answer Trump's bullshit about mail-in voting by pointing out that that's exactly how the military votes all the time.

by Anonymousreply 485May 11, 2020 10:43 PM

I'm honestly worried about Obama given how repub and Russian trolls have gone after him today on twitter with #Obamagate trending and now Trump has accused him of crimes

If Barr has no issue dismissing charges against someone who pleaded guilty, I'm not sure he would have a problem making up charges against Obama. Then we'd have to hope the judge who gets the case is not an extreme right wing cult member.

by Anonymousreply 486May 11, 2020 10:48 PM

There would literally be a revolt in this country if he ever pulled some shit like that r486

by Anonymousreply 487May 11, 2020 10:50 PM

Barr has shown he doesn't care what the public or career professionals think. He was bashed by thousands of former federal prosecutors for his misleading narrative when the Mueller report was released and now 2000 former DOJ officials have called on him to resign for his dismissal of Flynn's case. He showed how arrogant he was this past weekend with his "history is written by the winners" comment and chuckle. He knows nothing is happening to him so he feels free to do whatever Trump and right wing operatives want.

I'd love it of course if Barr ended up going to jail for this but I'm not expecting much at this point.

by Anonymousreply 488May 11, 2020 10:54 PM

Look at last year when he was interviewed. When asked how history will judge his actions, he said, "What do I care, I'll be dead".

by Anonymousreply 489May 11, 2020 11:00 PM

Not soon enough, r489.

Not nearly soon enough.

by Anonymousreply 490May 11, 2020 11:06 PM

I don’t think they’ll arrest or charge Obama or Biden or Hillary before the election, but I guarantee that Barr will be holding a very solemn and portentous press conference to announce investigations into them in late October. Guaranteed.

by Anonymousreply 491May 11, 2020 11:08 PM

The Republicans are attacking Obama's DOJ, specifically focusing on Michael Flynn (so called "perjury trap") and Bridgegate (the Supreme Court said this was prosecutorial overreach, making this a political prosecution.) My guess is that after they go after Comey and Holder and Fishman over the next few weeks, they will start a chant, What did Obama know and When did he know it, just in time for the Republican convention. They can't get to Biden directly, so they're stirring up the anti-Obama base as well as hoping that independents will be so disgusted ("both sides are the same") that they just stay home.

The problem for Trump is that he is incapable of explaining any of this - too many big words and legal concepts that he can't understand - so he just parrots the phrase Obama-gate, which is probably shorthand for the Republican plan. When he can't explain it, he continues to look like a dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 492May 11, 2020 11:14 PM

[quote]The problem for Trump is that he is incapable of explaining any of this so he just parrots the phrase Obama-gate

That's good enough for his cultists.

by Anonymousreply 493May 11, 2020 11:16 PM

R489, that answer stuck with me for some reason. Barr is supposed to be a devout Catholic, isn't he? The whole point of Christianity is that you don't die--the dead will rise, all will be judged, etc. His emptiness so great he can't even fake being a Christian, one of the easiest things in the world.

R493, his cultists are not the issue--nothing has ever been able to shake them. He needs to do something about the less committed voters.

by Anonymousreply 494May 11, 2020 11:19 PM

The House needs to vote "no confidence" now on Barr and demand his resignation. Take the offensive.

by Anonymousreply 495May 12, 2020 12:02 AM

yeah, I agree r495. I know they can't actually go through another impeachment process and nobody would honestly care if they did. but go on record. Just announce that it is the sense of the House of Representatives that the Attorney General is a liar and probably a crook. Put it on the record.

by Anonymousreply 496May 12, 2020 1:11 AM

Now THIS is a campaign ad!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 497May 12, 2020 1:31 AM

R497 That was good. We need a cliff notes version for airing in all 50 states.

by Anonymousreply 498May 12, 2020 1:37 AM

2,000 former DOJ, FBI officials call on Barr to resign over Michael Flynn case

Not that it will do any good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 499May 12, 2020 1:41 AM

does anyone know how a pardon would affect Flynn's plea deal? What I mean is, let's say the judge does not agree to go along with Barr's decision to drop charges and instead sentences Flynn. Then Trump would just Barr's ruling as justification to pardon. Does that mean only the crimes Flynn was charged with would be pardoned, or does he get off on all the stuff involving Turkey too that he had to admit as part of the deal but wasn't charged on?

by Anonymousreply 500May 12, 2020 1:50 AM

Kellyanne is spreading conspiracy theories.

She has no shame. But that's well known.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 501May 12, 2020 1:50 AM

Rachel Maddow now reporting that tomorrow, SCOTUS will hear arguments for the release of dumpy’s financial records to Congress.

The Supreme Court is the last stop, and mango’s last attempt to finally resolve this issue before the election.

Get your popcorn ready. 🍿 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿

by Anonymousreply 502May 12, 2020 2:10 AM

Rachel Maddow now reporting that tomorrow, SCOTUS will hear arguments for the release of dumpy’s financial records to Congress.

The Supreme Court is the last stop, and mango’s last attempt to finally resolve this issue before the election.

Get your popcorn ready. 🍿 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿

by Anonymousreply 503May 12, 2020 2:10 AM

I think Trump and Fox knew they have badly blown their comments about coronavirus so going off the deep end trying to attack Obama and "the deep state" is something they know will rile up their rabid, brainless, brain dead cult followers

by Anonymousreply 504May 12, 2020 2:10 AM

R503 sadly it wouldn't shock me if we saw another 5-4 decision going Trump's way. I have no faith in any conservative judge

by Anonymousreply 505May 12, 2020 2:11 AM

Kellyanne's pussies.......yes, more than one. The bottons on her red, white, and blue military-style uniform she had worn to Trump's inaugural gala three years ago. Kellyanne is wishing to wear it again..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 506May 12, 2020 2:12 AM

Gorsuck and The Rapist should remove themselves from this decision.

by Anonymousreply 507May 12, 2020 2:16 AM

I need an apology from him for being such a tool.

by Anonymousreply 508May 12, 2020 2:19 AM

I dont know about that 5-4 vote...especially with Trumps lawyer arguing hes above the law and doesnt have to answer subpoenas. Theres precedent already established under Nixon...and the court , and the justices, will be there long after Trump is gone. I dont think it will be a partisan divide as even Republicans know how dangerous it is, and counter-Constitutional, to allow a president to declare himself above the law.

by Anonymousreply 509May 12, 2020 2:29 AM

Wanna bet, R509? Oh, they'll find some weird other precedent to follow or they'll just continue it or make some partial decision that throws it back to the lower courts to kill time until November. Just watch.

by Anonymousreply 510May 12, 2020 2:35 AM

Yeah, never have faith in this SC. Don't do it. Never let your guard down. It will be a cold day in hell before we feel proud of them. We had some decisions go our way with Justice Kennedy but he is looooooong gone.

by Anonymousreply 511May 12, 2020 2:49 AM

yup, it may be time for a Revolution.

by Anonymousreply 512May 12, 2020 2:51 AM

r509 makes some good points. I'm with George Conway on this one, the SCOTUS won't set a precedent for future Dem presidents.

by Anonymousreply 513May 12, 2020 2:52 AM

r509 makes some good points. I'm with George Conway on this one, the SCOTUS won't set a precedent for future Dem presidents.

by Anonymousreply 514May 12, 2020 2:52 AM

R514 They've stacked the courts for a generation. And who is to say the SC will rule one way with a R as president and completely contradict itself with a D. They don't care.

by Anonymousreply 515May 12, 2020 2:57 AM

I think Mayor Pete actually had a good idea. add a couple of Supreme Court appointees if a Democrat gets in, and pick some progressives. Seems iffy in usual circumstances, but I think i would do it anyway.

by Anonymousreply 516May 12, 2020 3:00 AM

R516 But wouldn't they do the same if they get back in? I would say we get to do that because they stole our seat and their has to be consequences so either Gorsuck goes or we get 2 picks.

by Anonymousreply 517May 12, 2020 3:07 AM

R517 I will Oh, dear myself. THERE not THEIR

by Anonymousreply 518May 12, 2020 3:07 AM

I can't wait for Thursday's whisteblower testimony. The media has seemingly stopped talking about that for the last several days

tomorrow should be interesting too but Thursday even better

by Anonymousreply 519May 12, 2020 3:10 AM

yeah, that is definitely the danger r517. I'm not sure it would actually work that way, cause I think the Republican Party will truly implode in 10 years, but yes, that is definitely a think and something to consider. I would honestly do it anyway, though, because of the bullshit that was the whole Merrick Garland thing.

by Anonymousreply 520May 12, 2020 3:11 AM

Lawfare podcasts

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 521May 12, 2020 11:38 AM

#MoscowMitch moves to expand Bullfrog Barr's surveilliane powers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 522May 12, 2020 11:55 AM

With Fauci testifying in Congress today and the Supreme Court to hear arguments about the Orange Virus' taxes he's going to pull some shit that will take the attention away from those two major issues. It's not out of the realm of possibility that he would fire Chris Wray just to stir it up.

by Anonymousreply 523May 12, 2020 1:59 PM

Just so long as he doesn't strip naked on national teevee r523.

by Anonymousreply 524May 12, 2020 2:06 PM

Blame Republicans in the House, and particularly the Senate, for the Trump incompetence, insanity, messiness, and corruption continuing.

Had at least a third of the Republicans in the Senate shown fortitude against corruption, Trump would be gone from office. Spineless!

by Anonymousreply 525May 12, 2020 2:27 PM

I'm watching the testimony and wish they'd get on with the questions.

by Anonymousreply 526May 12, 2020 2:44 PM

OK Senator Graham, responding to your plea, I'll help get some yard signs up all around Columbia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 527May 12, 2020 3:02 PM

Dump, falling behind in swing state polls, ready to fire his campaign manager Brad Parscale. Jared wants to bring in Pence protege Nick Ayers, Dump wants Cory Lewandowski.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 528May 12, 2020 3:43 PM

President Clusterfuck has been acting like he's close to losing it.

by Anonymousreply 529May 12, 2020 3:48 PM

USA Today:

Supreme Court debates access to President Trump's financial records as he seeks reelection

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 530May 12, 2020 4:17 PM

The Hill:

McConnell: Obama 'should have kept his mouth shut' on Trump's coronavirus response

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531May 12, 2020 4:19 PM

Nick Ayers. I forgot about him. Are he and Pence still fucking?

by Anonymousreply 532May 12, 2020 4:20 PM

The Hill:

House Democrats unveil $3 trillion coronavirus relief package

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 533May 12, 2020 5:14 PM

What does Ben Carson do, again?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 534May 12, 2020 11:01 PM

I believe the entry on his resume is "Sucking on the Government Teat" r534.

by Anonymousreply 535May 12, 2020 11:03 PM

[quote]California’s community colleges chancellor and five college districts across the state sued U.S. Education Secretary Betsy DeVos on Monday, claiming she is illegally excluding countless students from participating in billions of dollars of federal coronavirus relief aid.

Did Trump tell Betsy not to give California any of that money?

Wonder how many fundamental religious private schools Betsy disbursed part of this money to?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536May 12, 2020 11:12 PM

[quote]Did Trump tell Betsy not to give California any of that money?

I don't think Trump needs to tell Betsy anything at this point.

One "mind" and all that.

by Anonymousreply 537May 12, 2020 11:19 PM

President Obama was such a great guy , always working, studying...always trying to do the right thing...now we have a clown in the White House. I hate Republicans with my whole heart.

by Anonymousreply 538May 12, 2020 11:20 PM

U.S. judge puts on hold Justice Dept. move to dismiss Michael Flynn’s guilty plea to hear outside groups’ challenges

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 539May 13, 2020 12:10 AM

Trump D.C. Hotel must be open for dining. Bill Barr is a regular.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 540May 13, 2020 12:28 AM

Good Golly Miss Molly!

Jezebel would print this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541May 13, 2020 12:42 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 542May 13, 2020 1:11 AM

[quote] What some conservative pundits consider "political speech" is violating social media rules to prevent potentially dangerous coronavirus conspiracy theories from spreading.

Does this mean no more Diamond & Silk?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 543May 13, 2020 10:53 AM

Katie Hill resigned months ago over an inappropriate relationship with a staffer.

This is what happens.

"Trump has weighed in on the California race via Twitter, endorsing Garcia and slamming Democrats after an in-person polling station was opened at the last minute in a Democrat-leaning area of the district."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 544May 13, 2020 1:47 PM

by Anonymousreply 545May 13, 2020 2:17 PM

2:20 / 10:46 Why The 2016 Election Was Just A 'Dry Run' For Russia | Morning Joe | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 546May 13, 2020 3:29 PM

Pelosi On $3 Trillion Relief Bill 'The American People Are Worth It' | Morning Joe | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 547May 13, 2020 3:48 PM

Really, little Miss Tucker needs to calm down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 548May 13, 2020 3:56 PM

Indeed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 549May 13, 2020 4:05 PM

Is this thread paywalled now? Some good articles get posted, but discussion had gone flat.

by Anonymousreply 550May 13, 2020 4:29 PM

NBC:

Democrats accuse Republicans of 'bad faith' as they invoke national debt to pause pandemic aid

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 551May 13, 2020 5:04 PM

Someone spent a fortune trying to take down Christy Smith (Katie Hill's replacement). A friend told me every single Youtube video he's watched in the past two months started with a smear ad against Christy. Someone's heavily invested.

by Anonymousreply 552May 13, 2020 5:05 PM

R550 I think DL as a whole might have been on paywall? I don't know for sure though.

by Anonymousreply 553May 13, 2020 5:06 PM

Amazing, r548....

“This is buffoon-level stuff at that point and we are not doing this to mock the guy,” Carlson said. “I mean anyone who talks as much as Anthony Fauci does is apt to say some stupid things.”

by Anonymousreply 554May 13, 2020 5:18 PM

[quote]“I mean anyone who talks as much as Anthony Fauci does is apt to say some stupid things.”

This? THIS from TUCKER CARLSON?

by Anonymousreply 555May 13, 2020 5:20 PM

Yeah, Dr. Fauci vs Fucker (Gretchen) Carlson....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 556May 13, 2020 5:30 PM

Does anyone talk more than Dotard?

by Anonymousreply 557May 13, 2020 5:34 PM

Sure, Gretchen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 558May 13, 2020 6:40 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 559May 13, 2020 7:55 PM

Junior Mint appearing on Fox Lou Dobbs.

Sweaty and glassy-eyed.

#COVIDIOT or intoxicated?

Concerns about his health abound among the DJT base.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 560May 13, 2020 8:22 PM

Isn't that the normal state of his appearance?

by Anonymousreply 561May 13, 2020 8:28 PM

Rep. Schiff: Trump Accusing Obama Of Wrongdoing To 'Distract Attention' From Virus Crisis | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 562May 13, 2020 8:37 PM

Christy Smith loses to Mike Garcia....

Remember when they started the accusation that Dems were going to cheat to win? Remember how Rethugs always project on to others what they are actually doing?

by Anonymousreply 563May 13, 2020 9:24 PM

Reuters:

Trump calls Fauci remarks on risks to reopening economy unacceptable

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 564May 13, 2020 10:50 PM

Ex-F.B.I. Official Is Said to Undercut Justice Dept. Effort to Drop Flynn Case

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 565May 13, 2020 11:02 PM

The judge in the Flynn case may not let it be dropped. However, the judge has delayed and delayed with Flynn from the beginning. It gave Barr time to do his dirty deed.

by Anonymousreply 566May 13, 2020 11:37 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 567May 13, 2020 11:42 PM

R566, the judge in Flynn’s case has appointed a retired federal judge to oppose Barr’s motion to dismiss the charges against Flynn, and to explore whether Flynn should be charged with perjury or contempt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 568May 14, 2020 12:58 AM

R566, the judge in Flynn’s case has appointed a retired federal judge to oppose Barr’s motion to dismiss the charges against Flynn, and to explore whether Flynn should be charged with perjury or contempt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 569May 14, 2020 12:58 AM

Kellyanne tweeting ferociously. Like the Sénatrice, she's trying to deflect from Bone Spurs incompetence and dropping poll numbers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 570May 14, 2020 1:10 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 571May 14, 2020 4:06 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 572May 14, 2020 4:10 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 573May 14, 2020 4:12 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 574May 14, 2020 4:19 AM

This thread is on lockdown, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 575May 14, 2020 4:19 AM

I think DL has been on PT for a few days? Does DL still do PT?

by Anonymousreply 576May 14, 2020 4:27 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 577May 14, 2020 4:45 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 578May 14, 2020 5:13 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 579May 14, 2020 5:42 AM

Was this already mentioned?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 580May 14, 2020 5:59 AM

Was this already mentioned?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 581May 14, 2020 5:59 AM

Again how is it possible that they're all surrounded by the CV and they're immune?

by Anonymousreply 582May 14, 2020 6:03 AM

Because they're a family with the strongest, toughest, most healthy genes ever!

by Anonymousreply 583May 14, 2020 6:07 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 584May 14, 2020 6:09 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 585May 14, 2020 6:11 AM

Link to new thread for when this one maxes out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586May 14, 2020 6:13 AM

Thanks, R586. Maybe that one wont be paywalled.

by Anonymousreply 587May 14, 2020 6:14 AM

What the hell is wrong with Dotard's Daddy's head?

by Anonymousreply 588May 14, 2020 6:14 AM

Closing

by Anonymousreply 589May 14, 2020 6:15 AM

this

by Anonymousreply 590May 14, 2020 6:15 AM

thread

by Anonymousreply 591May 14, 2020 6:15 AM

out

by Anonymousreply 592May 14, 2020 6:15 AM

Link

by Anonymousreply 593May 14, 2020 6:16 AM

below

by Anonymousreply 594May 14, 2020 6:16 AM

to

by Anonymousreply 595May 14, 2020 6:16 AM

the

by Anonymousreply 596May 14, 2020 6:16 AM

new

by Anonymousreply 597May 14, 2020 6:16 AM

thread

by Anonymousreply 598May 14, 2020 6:16 AM

below

by Anonymousreply 599May 14, 2020 6:16 AM

New thread below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600May 14, 2020 6:16 AM

Thread closed.

by Anonymousreply 601May 14, 2020 6:16 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!