Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why isn't Tori Spelling filthy rich?

Wasn't her dad like a billionaire?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260June 6, 2020 5:00 PM

From what I understand, she squandered everything. Doesn't surprise me--when your cast on a show as one of the "hot friends" when you are anything but that, it's probably a sign of nepotism in the family. She probably thought she'd be getting roles forever.

by Anonymousreply 1April 28, 2020 1:56 AM

He left her 75,000 in his will. That was it.

by Anonymousreply 2April 28, 2020 2:11 AM

It's a mystery.

by Anonymousreply 3April 28, 2020 2:11 AM

Rumor was that when she divorced her first and jewish husband her parents basically disowned her.

by Anonymousreply 4April 28, 2020 2:15 AM

He left his money to Candy and only a small sum to both kids. Her brother took his and moved off to a lower cost of living city Portland? Phoenix? and lives a quiet life. I wonder if he thought they wouldn’t handle the money well or if he didn’t want them to be spoiled.

Aaron had hundreds of millions so it will be interesting to see who Candy leaves the money to.

by Anonymousreply 5April 28, 2020 2:16 AM

She spent her inheritance on acting lessons. It was money well spent.

by Anonymousreply 6April 28, 2020 2:18 AM

Father was filthy rich, mothers a filthy cunt

by Anonymousreply 7April 28, 2020 2:18 AM

Who will Candy leave her money to?

by Anonymousreply 8April 28, 2020 2:21 AM

Tori’s kids will probably be taken care of.

by Anonymousreply 9April 28, 2020 2:21 AM

Is it responsible to raise your kids in literally the largest private home in America, give them a job where they probably earn $75k/week and then die and leave them $75K? So messy.

by Anonymousreply 10April 28, 2020 2:24 AM

I agree, frankly.

by Anonymousreply 11April 28, 2020 2:29 AM

Aaron left his money to Candy Spelling his wife. He left a small sum to his kids thinking his wife would continue to take care of the kids but Candy had other ideas. She felt the kids should make it on their own with the seed money Aaron left them. At the time, both Randy and Tori were working actors. Randy left Hollywood and leads a mostly normal life. Tori is a train wreck and Candy did not approve of her and Dean (I think she broke up his marriage). Tori claims her mother gives her nothing, her mother claims Tori's spending is out of control and she was not going to cover her extravagant life.

by Anonymousreply 12April 28, 2020 2:33 AM

She and her mother are shopping addicts. They have storage units filled from floor to ceiling with tons of stuff they've bought. Most of which is still brand new and unused. I believe Candy has a massive doll collection and had at least one entire room in their infamous mansion devoted to them. She has even more dolls in storage. I believe Tori's shopping addiction is even more severe than Candy's and that was most likely another reason Aaron didn't leave her much.

by Anonymousreply 13April 28, 2020 2:34 AM

Maybe he, like, purposely didn't leave her, like, money and stuff.

by Anonymousreply 14April 28, 2020 2:35 AM

She had a gift wrapping room too! She was featured on one of those E shows when she was moving out of the mansion and into a condo on Wilshire. I think Candy was born and raised in Beverly Hills and met Aaron when she was still a teenager. He was from a dirt poor family in Texas and self made so they probably had very different attitudes towards money.

Candy does support Tori though on her terms. She pays for private schools for the grandchildren, she bought them cars and she rents them houses to live in. Tori would prefer a big check and she’s peeved that the houses have been in the Valley and the cars are not Bentleys.

If Tori gets money in the will it’s safe to assume she’ll blow through it in 5 years and end up in a trailer park.

by Anonymousreply 15April 28, 2020 2:43 AM

when I've watched Schitt's creek, the alexis character always makes me think of a young Tori Spelling

by Anonymousreply 16April 28, 2020 2:49 AM

#14 = Mr. Prissleton, released from his private school teaching job on a morals charge.

by Anonymousreply 17April 28, 2020 3:08 AM

Shopaholic and hoarder like her mother with a warehouse full of stuff.

by Anonymousreply 18April 28, 2020 3:10 AM

Because she's a trainwreck with wonky boobs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19April 28, 2020 4:02 AM

She's only known for being the child of a billionaire and that overrated shitty teen drama she was on 30 years ago. Her acting career without the nepotism was shit. She's one of those many hasbeen stars of yesteryear who can only get work in Lifetime, Hallmark and soap operas with the odd commercial or two every now and then. If I was a famous actor and I still had several decades of career/life left and that's the only work I could get, I'd be humiliated and probably kill myself regardless of the size of the paychecks from those dreadful gigs.

by Anonymousreply 20April 28, 2020 5:23 AM

HOW DARE YOU, R20. How could you forget Tori’s star turns in “Mother, May I Sleep with Danger” and “Friends ‘Til the End” aka “Death of a Cheerleader” ? These were NBC Monday night movies, NOT Lifetime.

by Anonymousreply 21April 28, 2020 5:38 AM

Getting regular Lifetime, Hallmark and soap opera gigs would put her in the top 1% of actors, R20.

by Anonymousreply 22April 28, 2020 5:43 AM

Candy bought the top floor of the Century condominium when she sold The Manor as it was called. She built her own pool on the roof. Not sure if she is still there.

by Anonymousreply 23April 28, 2020 6:22 AM

Her fat kids eye her b-day cak hungrily. Looks like a homemade Betty Crocker.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24May 17, 2020 11:39 PM

Leaving your two kids 75K when you are worth hundreds of millions of dollars is the equivalent of spitting in their faces. If you want to keep them on a budget, fine. Put a hundred million in a trust and dole it out to them monthly. To leave them nothing was fucking mean. And let's not even start on the cunt mother. You don't just abandon your kids like that after raising them in sheer luxury. It's cruel.

by Anonymousreply 25May 17, 2020 11:48 PM

Echoing R25, it's a special level of asshole move to raise your children to be non-functional in the real world and not leave them anything to live off of. It's one thing if Tori got a reasonable inheritance and blew through it all on her own, but $75,000 is a blatant "fuck you". The only surprising thing about this story is that Tori's brother is well adjusted enough to live on his own.

by Anonymousreply 26May 18, 2020 12:06 AM

I ask myself the same question every damn day OP.

by Anonymousreply 27May 18, 2020 12:15 AM

she is terrible with money - in fairness many people just don't know how to budget or money manage. She is just one of those people.

by Anonymousreply 28May 18, 2020 12:16 AM

Aaron Spelling left each of his children $800K a peice, not $75K. His net worth at the time of his death was somewhere between $600 million and a billion dollars, very wealthy man from his television producing career in Hollywood.

Candy was his wife and the mother of his two children so of course she got everything. They both knew Tori was bad with money which is the reason she was only left $800K by her dad. Candy sold the manor estate in Holmby Hills and bought a $47 million dollar condo in that brand new high rise building in century city. She's set.

Candy also finds Broadway plays too, so she's doing exciting things in her later years. She also has an apartment in NYC she stays in when she's working on her Broadway plays. She flies back and forth between NYC and Los angeles all the time. She's living her best damn life.

Candy also has a nice Instagram too. She could very easily put the Real housewives of Beverly Hills to shame, LOL.

by Anonymousreply 29May 18, 2020 12:21 AM

She could join the beverly hills version of real Housewives if she needs money. Maybe even get Candy to make an appearance. I might watch for that.

by Anonymousreply 30May 18, 2020 12:25 AM

R30 Tori has asked to be on real housewives but they won’t hire her. They asked Jenny Garth a few times and she turned them down. All of her kids have trust funds and I’m sure Tori will get some bucks when Candy does. As Aaron was not 100% with it when he died, I’m sure Candy manipulated the will. She was always jealous of Tori.

by Anonymousreply 31May 18, 2020 1:32 AM

I bet money Candy is a Republican. Only a right-wing cunt would act that way.

by Anonymousreply 32May 18, 2020 1:35 AM

"Candy was his wife and the mother of his two children so of course she got everything"

I don't like when the wife/mom gets everything, under the impression that she will take care of the kids and/or pass it on to them when she croaks. Your kids could end-up penniless.

by Anonymousreply 33May 18, 2020 1:43 AM

Candy pays all the expenses for the children. If she handed Tori $50 mil tomorrow, it'd be spent by Labor Day.

by Anonymousreply 34May 18, 2020 5:54 AM

Unbelievable that a man with such a huge fortune, and presumably financial advisors, managers, etc, didn't set up trusts for his kids. Whether Candy manipulated him or not, he should have been more responsible.

by Anonymousreply 35May 18, 2020 7:36 AM

Tori is bad with money. Aaron knew exactly what he was doing, and he did the right thing by not leaving her much money.

If he did, she'd be broke today. He made the right decision.

by Anonymousreply 36May 18, 2020 7:40 AM

Guys, she had to audition for 90210! And she used a fake name so nobody involved with the casting knew who she was!

by Anonymousreply 37May 18, 2020 7:51 AM

R37 If you believe that bullshit then you are green. Her daddy handed her the pilot script for that show to her on a silver platter, via the butler.

It was always handed to her. She's the child of privilege, they don't work for shit. Everything is handed to them.

by Anonymousreply 38May 18, 2020 7:56 AM

When Candy dies will it all go to dog charities?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39May 18, 2020 8:00 AM

What R12 said. Tori was somewhat disinherited when she left her first husband for Dean the loser. I think her affair with him stated on the honeymoon. Her dad wasn’t happy about that shit.

by Anonymousreply 40May 18, 2020 8:13 AM

[Quote] She's only known for being the child of a billionaire and that overrated shitty teen drama she was on 30 years ago.

Is 90210 overrated though?? Didn't everyone think it was a glorified soap opera??

[Quote] If you believe that bullshit then you are green. Her daddy handed her the pilot script for that show to her on a silver platter, via the butler.

I think it's safe to say they were being sarcastic.

by Anonymousreply 41May 18, 2020 2:00 PM

R39 Wouldn't Tori count as a dog charity?

by Anonymousreply 42May 18, 2020 2:52 PM

[quote]HOW DARE YOU, [R20]. How could you forget Tori’s star turns in “Mother, May I Sleep with Danger” and “Friends ‘Til the End” aka “Death of a Cheerleader” ? These were NBC Monday night movies, NOT Lifetime.

I loved when she got offed in Death of a Cheerleader.

by Anonymousreply 43May 18, 2020 3:00 PM

[quote] He left her 75,000 in his will. That was it.

Not true at all. She and Randy were both left $800 thousand in their father's will.

by Anonymousreply 44May 18, 2020 3:22 PM

The nerve of r20! Don’t forget her iconic turn in Trick!!

by Anonymousreply 45May 18, 2020 3:33 PM

Danny Thomas and his widow handled it much better. He was worth as much as Aaron Spelling when he died, but he provided well for his wife and children and there was only love and goodwill upon his death. Marlo has been a remarkable steward of her father's St. Judes hospital.

Marlo is now a billionaire thanks to her father.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46May 18, 2020 4:00 PM

I agree with above posters. If Aaron had left Tori $100 million, it'd be gone by now. See Lisa Marie Presley as an example. I do think he expected Candy to take care of the kids. She takes care of the son, but Tori is kept on a strict budget because she is a spendthrift.

by Anonymousreply 47May 18, 2020 4:02 PM

[quote]She probably thought she'd be getting roles forever.

So many actors are like this. They have one hit and they think they'll keep getting high-paying gigs for years and years afterwards so they spend spend spend because they think the big paychecks will never stop. Oftentimes that one big hit turns out to be their ONLY hit and when it's over they're screwed financially.

by Anonymousreply 48May 18, 2020 4:03 PM

[quote]Tori is bad with money. Aaron knew exactly what he was doing, and he did the right thing by not leaving her much money.

[quote]If he did, she'd be broke today. He made the right decision.

He could have set up a trust that was tightly controlled and Tori would get a monthly allowance. That would've been the responsible thing to do.

You don't raise a kid as a lazy, spoiled princess with no emphasis on work ethic, skills, education or any knowledge of the real world and then expect that kid to go out in the world and do something with their life in their mid-30s. It was terribly irresponsible of Aaron and Candy to do that.

by Anonymousreply 49May 18, 2020 4:15 PM

Candy pays her grandkids expenses. short of giving Tori a blank check, what more can she do?

Randy has learned to be a functioning adult. Why can’t Tori?

If she really wants mom to open the purse strings, fuck with Dean’s brakes.

by Anonymousreply 50May 18, 2020 4:23 PM

Her momma took everything.

by Anonymousreply 51May 18, 2020 4:36 PM

So I guess it's a given that Tori won't be able to go the Aunt Becky/Felicity Huffman route and buy her kids into Harvard or Yale?

How much does it cost to buy your kids into the local community college?

by Anonymousreply 52May 18, 2020 4:44 PM

If Candy takes care of the kids why do they always look like white trash? Tori must be getting their clothes from Goodwill or Wal Mart. They look like they could be wearing Honey Boo Boo's hand me downs. Can't Candy at least take them Back-to-School shopping? They certainly aren't attending a fancy private school dressed like that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53May 18, 2020 4:51 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54May 18, 2020 5:02 PM

I am surprised Tori didn't contest the will.

by Anonymousreply 55May 18, 2020 5:17 PM

How do you contest "I leave everything to my widow of 40+ years"?

by Anonymousreply 56May 18, 2020 5:18 PM

If Candy didn't have hundreds of millions of dollars in the bank to prop up Tori. I wonder what Tori's life would be like today?

Her mother is pretty much the only thing standing between her and real poverty. And that's really scary to know.

by Anonymousreply 57May 18, 2020 5:45 PM

R57 Without the cash, Tori would be Mama June.

by Anonymousreply 58May 18, 2020 5:54 PM

yeah, it's frustrating to see this, she's just one of these people raised to never, ever, ever think about money, that it has a source, that it has limits, that it doesn't just magically appear whenever you need it. She reminds me of those old Hollywood Studio ladies who just never had a clue and were encouraged to never have a clue that money is even a thing. I guess it was actors too, but for some reason it seems especially true of actresses.

I can't imagine a solution. Put her on an allowance, she'll blow it and need more before the end of the month, every time.

by Anonymousreply 59May 18, 2020 5:58 PM

Hi Candy/r29!

by Anonymousreply 60May 18, 2020 6:09 PM

[quote] I bet money Candy is a Republican. Only a right-wing cunt would act that way.

Bzzzt. Wrong. As if limousine liberals can’t be stingy fucks. Candy has publicly donated to Eric Garcetti, Wendy Greuel, and Andrew Cuomo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61May 18, 2020 6:13 PM

Maybe Aaron wasn't in his right mind when he died? Didn't he have dementia?

by Anonymousreply 62May 18, 2020 6:38 PM

Downton Abbey didn't have this much drama.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63May 18, 2020 6:40 PM

////

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64May 18, 2020 6:46 PM

From what I read Candy had a new will drawn up and someone convinced Aaron (who was on his deathbed) sign it. She practically locked the room and wouldn't lay off him until he signed the new will.,

by Anonymousreply 65May 18, 2020 6:48 PM

honestly, do the people who believe Tori should have been given more in the will honestly believe she wouldn't have blown through all of it by now, no matter how much it was?

by Anonymousreply 66May 18, 2020 6:49 PM

R66 Tori is responsible for her own behavior. She should take money management classes and go into therapy to find out WHY she has this spending problem.

by Anonymousreply 67May 18, 2020 6:52 PM

[quote] She takes care of the son

According to Randy he gets not one penny from Candy, not that he needs her help. He has formed a good life for himself with his wife and children far away from the glare of Hollywood in Portland, Or.. He may not live like a billionaire but he seems to live a quite nice life. And I'm sure he knows when Candy croaks he'll get what he's due.

by Anonymousreply 68May 18, 2020 7:32 PM

and that's the thing r68, most of us could manage to find a way to live on an $800 thousand dollar inheritance. Hell, we might even work a little, so we don't blow through all of it. But then there's Tori, and people like Tori, who just assume money is always falling down from the skies, ready to be snatched up as needed. Sad, and pathetic. And of course, she ain't the only one. Actors, Singers, Heirs and Heiresses, lottery winners, it's all so stupid and all so common.

by Anonymousreply 69May 18, 2020 7:36 PM

$800K in seed money is a great start if you know what to do with it.

If Jeff Bezos can turn $300K in seed money from his parents into the Mega successful juggernaut Amazon corporation, and a $155 billion dollar fortune which continues to grow as I type this. Imagine what can be done with an $800K inheritance?

It all depends on the person who's hands it's in, plain and simple as that.

by Anonymousreply 70May 18, 2020 8:27 PM

Randy seems like a level headed guy.

The Marilyn Munster of his crazy ass family.

by Anonymousreply 71May 18, 2020 8:51 PM

[quote]If Candy didn't have hundreds of millions of dollars in the bank to prop up Tori. I wonder what Tori's life would be like today?

I think she'd be in a similar situation to what Erin Moran was in.

by Anonymousreply 72May 18, 2020 9:59 PM

Who gives a fuck?

by Anonymousreply 73May 18, 2020 10:06 PM

Folks, many of you don't seem to understand what living in LA is like. 800K won't even buy you a decent house. And I'm not talking mansion, I mean a decent two bedroom house in a good neighborhood is at the very least a million dollars. Aaron Spelling certainly knew that. So even leaving them 800K (if that's true) he did not leave them enough to buy a house. He's a shitty father and Candy is a witch of a mother.

by Anonymousreply 74May 18, 2020 10:11 PM

Daddy gave her something more valuable: A career. He taught her to fish rather than giving her the fish. And she still fucked it up. No one to blame but herself.

by Anonymousreply 75May 18, 2020 10:16 PM

and I'll ask again, r74, how much money do you think Tori would have blown through by this time if she'd gotten more in the will: 1 million? 10 million? 100 million? Honestly, do you think this woman understands money, at all?

by Anonymousreply 76May 18, 2020 10:18 PM

She's doing Cameo, but only charging 100 dollars. Seems a little low given how huge a star the show and her were in the 90's. She could probably get 250 or even 500.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77May 18, 2020 10:18 PM

Rich people put their money in trusts for their kids. The kids get a monthly payment. That's how you handle a kid who doesn't know how to budget. You never just give them a huge lump sum. Kids who were raised rich and never had to work have no concept of money or how to keep it. So you do that part for them.

by Anonymousreply 78May 18, 2020 10:21 PM

Perhaps Tori understands the price elasticity of demand and wants to maximize her profits via volume.

by Anonymousreply 79May 18, 2020 10:21 PM

Has Tori done Dancing with the Stars?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80May 18, 2020 10:25 PM

[quote] So even leaving them 800K (if that's true) he did not leave them enough to buy a house.

Perhaps he expected them to be employed and earn a living, as he did? The 800 Gs was probably meant to be socked away as an emergency fund.

by Anonymousreply 81May 18, 2020 10:39 PM

If she needs quick cash, there's always porn...

It's not something I'd be interested in watching (well, maybe a bit out of morbid curiosity), but in this day and age, you can find a niche market for anything.

by Anonymousreply 82May 18, 2020 10:42 PM

Again she needs PROFESSIONAL help both in how to manage money and psychotherapy top deal with her spending

This is a mental health issue, People who say "She was brought up this way" that is affluenza

a psychological malaise supposedly affecting wealthy young people, symptoms of which include a lack of motivation, feelings of guilt, and a sense of isolation.

She needs psychiatric help

by Anonymousreply 83May 18, 2020 10:45 PM

[quote]This is a mental health issue, People who say "She was brought up this way" that is affluenza

Being entitled, lazy, and spoiled is by no means a mental health issue.

Poor parenting, sure.

And by the way, "affluenza" was a made up defense to get a drunk out of taking responsibility for murdering people, so it's hardly a ringing endorsement of anything.

by Anonymousreply 84May 18, 2020 10:50 PM

I get paid a lot more for 5 minutes of work.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85May 18, 2020 10:50 PM

[quote] Being entitled, lazy, and spoiled is by no means a mental health issue.

But you go to therapy to STOP being entitled, lazy, and spoiled

Last tine I checked therapy is Mental Health

by Anonymousreply 86May 18, 2020 10:52 PM

I get what you are saying that she's an adult and should earn her own money but Candy didn't earn that money either. Why should the wife get the whole estate leaving his own children with such a small amount? Do we really know that Aaron wanted to leave his children so little or did their mother really manipulate him? Apparently Tori and Candy have had their issues but Tori and Aaron were close, weren't they?

The big mistake Tori made was she didn't marry money like her mother did. Instead she married a loser who can't provide for his family. At least the second time around anyway, I have no idea if the first husband had money. Don't tell me the spending is all on Tori. Dean hardly looks like Mr. Responsibility.

by Anonymousreply 87May 18, 2020 11:05 PM

She's not mentally ill. She has an addiction issue. She's addicted to spending money. it's like a gambling addiction.

by Anonymousreply 88May 18, 2020 11:15 PM

[quote] She's addicted to spending money.

Any form of addiction is a mental health issue

by Anonymousreply 89May 18, 2020 11:24 PM

WHET Emily Goodhand?

by Anonymousreply 90May 18, 2020 11:56 PM

Pragmatic Mistress Tori.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91May 19, 2020 12:02 AM

Any bets that R88 has an addiction issue? !!NOT!! a mental health issue!

by Anonymousreply 92May 19, 2020 12:04 AM

Can't relate!

by Anonymousreply 93May 19, 2020 12:04 AM

Thanks for the update Candy = r29

by Anonymousreply 94May 19, 2020 12:13 AM

[quote]I agree with above posters. If Aaron had left Tori $100 million, it'd be gone by now.

Why do you paupers, poors and simpletons keep saying this? You realizes most wealthy people set up irrevocable trusts for their irresponsible kids. It' not rocket science. They get a set allowance for the rest of their life, someone professional manages their money and invests it for them. They cant be fired and almost impossible break their control of the money.

Aron and Candy were irresponsible for not doing that for their kids. It's arrogance to blame the kids you raised calling them irresponsible. It was your job to teach them that when they were young. It's not just going to suddenly kick in at 30 something when they literally never saw you do that as parents either.

by Anonymousreply 95May 19, 2020 12:27 AM

I'm sure Randy is equally as pissed. I mean he's a life coach that' like being a professional DJ. Aaron reminds me of my grandfather. We had a long discussion about his will. His rule is that the money and property go to his 3 children (my grandmother died), but my aunt died with two children. Instead of giving my cousins equal shares of her portion he is just going to give their mother's share to the oldest. I told him that it sounds rather cruel to leave out her other child. My grandfather told me that it won't be his business, since he will already be dead, if my cousin wants to give money to her brother that's up to her. He also had the nerve to ask me to be the executor of the estate. My father is still alive and I'm the second born, aka, I ain't getting shit. I laughed basically told him hell no, I don't need to get in the middle of the drama he is going to cause with his death.

I understand people can do what they want with their money, but why do some go out of their way to cause unnecessary pain? Aaron's case was very cruel. People talk about Tori's great sin of being a shopaholic. Alright, but why was Randy also punished with pittance of an inheritance? If Aaron didn't provide for his children or at least help them come down from the shock of poverty, then their mother should have setup a trust or allowance. It's not like Candy had actually work for that money and these are allegedly her children.

by Anonymousreply 96May 19, 2020 12:29 AM

Giving a lot a money to people can suck the meaning and motivation out of their lives. Or they can become drug addicts. Tori seems to be the type who needs gravity in her life to remain sane. Trump,otoh, used the money as springboard for bigger and better things.

by Anonymousreply 97May 19, 2020 2:49 AM

And Trump still failed.

by Anonymousreply 98May 19, 2020 2:57 AM

F&F. ^^

by Anonymousreply 99May 19, 2020 3:03 AM

Tori seems the type that would have a QVC shopping addiction.

There has to be somebody out there to buy up all of that cubic zirconia shit!

by Anonymousreply 100May 19, 2020 4:17 AM

For all we know, Aaron might have wanted to set up a trust for his kids' benefit, or maybe he actually did, but Candy may have manipulated him to revoke it. There was so much money involved that Aaron should have hired a good estate planning lawyer to set up a trust or trusts, while he was still competent to do so.

[quote]From what I read Candy had a new will drawn up and someone convinced Aaron (who was on his deathbed) sign it. She practically locked the room and wouldn't lay off him until he signed the new will.

That is called "undue influence," and could have been the basis for Tori and her brother to challenge that will in court. A court could have found that undue influence took place, and set aside that will, and issued a court order determining the distribution of the estate.

I guess Tori and her brother must not have had enough money to hire the lawyer(s) to challenge it, which would have been expensive. And it would have been difficult to prove in court, unless there were reliable witnesses.

Tori apparently has many storage units completely full of stuff she bought over the years. I read that for a while she had a store called InvenTori, where she was trying to sell it piece by piece. She should just sell off the entire collection to someone who could in turn sell the stuff. At least she would make some money off it.

by Anonymousreply 101May 19, 2020 5:15 AM

Before the mothballs get it.

This is such a sad Hollywood take. Arron, by all accounts, loved his daughter and spoiled her endlessly.

I wouldn’t be surprised if evil Candy was the one who “signed” the will.

She is obviously jealous of her daughter and uses the money to control her every move.

by Anonymousreply 102May 19, 2020 5:35 AM

*moths

by Anonymousreply 103May 19, 2020 5:36 AM

R102 = Tori

by Anonymousreply 104May 19, 2020 5:40 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105May 19, 2020 5:42 AM

And, if I recall correctly, she was upset because the yard sale wouldn't take a credit card.

by Anonymousreply 106May 19, 2020 6:13 AM

Candy might be a lot of things, but dumb isn't one of them. She knows Tori and that leech Dean would blow that money in no time if they were given a lump sum. I get the feeling she also likes having control of Tori and having her jump through hoops for things.

Before she dies (or maybe already has) I'm sure she'll set up an irrevocable trust for Tori and Randy and their kids , which will be doled out monthly to cover basic living expenses. Stuff such as housing, food, medical and dental. Probably bonuses for Birthdays and Christmas too. Likely college funds for the kids that wish to go.

No doubt Candy will appoint someone to see that the money is used as she intended. I'm sure she also knows she can't give too much or Tori and Dean will be hitting the kids up for money. Maybe even hitting Randy and his kids up too. She probably wants to make sure Dean gets as little as possible also.

by Anonymousreply 107May 19, 2020 6:57 AM

R107 it was mentioned at the time that Tori’s first baby got a 10 mil trust fund. I assume the rest get the same.

And then there's this.

"Turns out that her son Randy Spelling won't let the family matriarch spoil his two daughters over the holidays.

"I'm not allowed," Candy told me at the opening of The Color Purple on Broadway (she's a producer of the show). "One or two gifts is all and it can't be over the top."

Randy, a former child actor and reality star, is now a life coach and lives in Portland, Oregon with his wife Leah and their daughters Sage, 4, and Lotus, 2.

Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott's children—Liam, 8, Stella, 7, Hattie, 4, and three-year-old Finn—are a different story. "Her kids like a lot of gifts," Candy said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108May 19, 2020 5:38 PM

Candy always managed the money. She said years ago that Aaron didn't care to be bothered with finances, and always left everything up to her as far as money went.

So that probably explains the $800K inheritance to the children. She probably made that decision.

by Anonymousreply 109May 19, 2020 10:01 PM

She has more issues than Vogue. Perpetually rich-broke, a small army of usually unhappy looking kids, and still thinking about #6. By all accounts, #4 almost killed her. She let Dean get back in bed 3 weeks after she had #3.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110May 20, 2020 2:19 AM

Tori when "Bank of Candy" shows up on the caller ID

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111May 20, 2020 2:50 AM

One has to wonder how Candy and Aaron expected Tori to turn out as an adult. Why didn't they try to give her more life-skills? They HAD TO KNOW Tori didn't have enough true talent or charisma to be a proper actress. They probably just expected her to stay married to her first husband, who would have taken care of her... but, still.

Anyway, does anyone remember Randy Spelling's reality show?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112May 20, 2020 3:32 AM

It seems that Aaron was too busy running his television empire and Candy was just a self-absorbed rich bitch who didn't really do any proper mothering. I imagine they just expected she would marry a rich man and be taken care of like Candy did with Aaron and that would be it.

by Anonymousreply 113May 20, 2020 3:40 AM

Tori hasn't mastered the art of spending LESS than she makes.

by Anonymousreply 114May 20, 2020 3:43 AM

[quote]Tori hasn't mastered the art of spending LESS than she makes.

Because her mother was a gold digger. What do you expect her to come out acting like Gandi? Like mother like daughter. And by all accounts, any other rich kid would have gotten that money in some form or another. Tori got griffted by mother.

by Anonymousreply 115May 20, 2020 5:40 AM

Candy has always been tight with the Spelling fortune. She's spending as much of that money on her as possible.

by Anonymousreply 116May 20, 2020 7:28 AM

[quote]I wonder if he thought they wouldn’t handle the money well or if he didn’t want them to be spoiled.

They were spoiled though, very obviously and publicly spoiled their whole lives, so the tiny amount left to them looks terrible. It doesn't make any sense except as punishment, which comes across as trashy and petty. Candy's insistence on escalating everything is also petty. It's very easy to see how Tori ended up the way she did.

by Anonymousreply 117May 20, 2020 7:40 AM

People like Candy don't like to share money.

by Anonymousreply 118May 20, 2020 7:46 AM

[quote]I understand people can do what they want with their money, but why do some go out of their way to cause unnecessary pain?

My mother had a sizable retirement fund when she was diagnosed with terminal cancer. She told her kids from her first marriage they weren't getting anything unless I decided to share, but I didn't know she told them that. I actually had quietly decided to share the fund since I was getting the house and everything in it. Then when she died we discovered she'd forfeited the entire retirement to her employer so no one got anything, and put that nasty "for reasons well known to them" language in her will about her eldest kids.

It was so obviously a "fuck you" but I still don't really know why. She was just a mean old bitch. Some people are, especially when it comes to money.

by Anonymousreply 119May 20, 2020 7:49 AM

R119 Damn, that was brutal of your mother.

Was she a Republican?

by Anonymousreply 120May 20, 2020 7:57 AM

Not sure, R120. She was more liberal than my fascist far-right dad and so didn't talk about politics out loud, lest she make him angry, so I assumed for a long time she was liberal, but in retrospect I'm not so sure. Probably center right to light right, if I had to guess.

Her whole family is just mean as dogs. Her (probably closeted) sister is the smartest one in the family and not coincidentally the nicest one, but she also has her limits.

Back to Tori though, I'd love to hear more from people who knew Aaron Spelling and worked with him. Did they think he was a nice guy or did he have a nasty streak?

by Anonymousreply 121May 20, 2020 10:51 AM

Not nice.

by Anonymousreply 122May 21, 2020 12:23 AM

Tori has had more privilege and opportunity than 99.9% of the world so I don't feel sorry for her one bit. If it's true that Candy is paying her rent and her grandchildren's school tuition then how hard would it be for Tori and her douchebag husband to come up with some way to put food on the table, buy clothes and make a couple car payments?

Randy was smart to take his 800K and get the fuck out of Dodge. I wonder if he even speaks to his mother or sister anymore.

Tori and Candy's private hell will be after they die and find themselves locked in a room together for all of eternity fighting over who gets the one penny on the floor. And Aaron will be in his suite watching it all on TV.

by Anonymousreply 123May 21, 2020 1:11 AM

Yes, Randy was smart to GTFO out of LA and make a life for himself that didn't involve show business. It's too bad Tori didn't hold out and try to find a husband who had money.

by Anonymousreply 124May 21, 2020 1:21 AM

I worked in one of the high-rises on Wiltshire Blvd where Candy lived before the upgrade. She was a nasty cunt to everyone there. She didn't pay her HOA as part of her cunty way to get even and sued the building to get out of it at the same time. She then moved into the new Century with it's 2 floor penthouse, ordered them to restructure the building so she could have her own private indoor swimming pool. She sued them too for not having a gourmet restaurant she was told they would have in the main lobby.

by Anonymousreply 125May 21, 2020 1:27 AM

That line is straight out of a movie R119. Was she Mommy Dearest? Was it because you were gay?

by Anonymousreply 126May 21, 2020 1:30 AM

Agreed, R123. If Candy is indeed covering rent and school fees then Tori can have no real complaints, that’s far more than most adults will get and covers the bulk of expenses. A reasonable job of some kind for one of Tori or her husband would cover everything else if they don’t expect to live like billionaires.

Sure, many children of the very wealthy live much better than Tori does, but she wasn’t automatically entitled to that life. Rich-background kids don’t have the right to have their entire life until the day they die paid for by their parents, even if their parents are / were outrageously wealthy.

by Anonymousreply 127May 21, 2020 1:43 AM

Your spawn, your responsibility. Candy is indeed responsible for her kids and how they live no matter what age. I say if mom is a billionaire, lived like a billionaire, raised you like spawn of a billionaire than the kid should be entitled to that money. That's something old money understood. New money like Candy is tacky and classless.

by Anonymousreply 128May 21, 2020 2:05 AM

R128 Hi Dean!

by Anonymousreply 129May 21, 2020 2:08 AM

R128 And to expand on that, why not make sure your daughter gets an education or SOME SORT of skill to keep her from fully mooching off of your billions, if you're going to virtually disinherit her? You can't just spoil your child until mid-adulthood (remember, Aaron died when she as 33!!!) and then snatch it all away. If Aaron had been really smart, he would have encouraged Tori and Randy to become involved in Spelling Production behind the scenes and become producers or something.

by Anonymousreply 130May 21, 2020 2:16 AM

Candy seems like a real witch. I could be wrong though. You never really know.

But how frustrated with your daughter would you be for getting involved with a loser leech like her worthless, cheating husbear?

by Anonymousreply 131May 21, 2020 2:19 AM

Candy seems very controlling, and when she couldn't control Tori to her liking, she cut her off. Which is a bitchy thing to do when you've raised a child in wealth.

by Anonymousreply 132May 21, 2020 2:55 AM

[quote]Candy seems like a real witch. I could be wrong though.

No, No you are not. "Candy is a real sweetheart" said by no one everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 133May 21, 2020 2:56 AM

Why doesn’t her husband work?

by Anonymousreply 134May 21, 2020 2:56 AM

Dean, work? How dare you, R134? Dean's job is to be a sexy house husband.

by Anonymousreply 135May 21, 2020 3:01 AM

Dean is busy working on Tory. Wink,Wink.

by Anonymousreply 136May 21, 2020 3:05 AM

In her own words, Tori had a money manager when she wa 18. Why didn't that guy teach her about money when he had the chance?

In her own words, she and Dean fucked the night they met, both while married.

In her own words, she let Dean back into bed less than a month after one of her kid's birth, leading to a life-threatening pregnancy.

In the fifteen years since her dad died, she hasn't gotten her shit together financially, yet she has never lived less than an upper middle class life. Thanks to her mother.

Tori is the the architect of her own troubles. Is this the woman who needs your sympathy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137May 21, 2020 4:56 AM

Upper class?!?! 🤣

by Anonymousreply 138May 21, 2020 4:57 AM

R126, despite what Dataloungers claim, that line was boilerplate in wills for a long time. It wasn't something Joan Crawford came up with. It was old-fashioned even back when mom's lawyer used it 15 years ago but he was on the verge of retirement and just using a template he'd had for decades.

by Anonymousreply 139May 21, 2020 12:18 PM

She's dumb, R137. She wasn't taught even basic life skills and she's also inherently not smart. I am sympathetic to her, yes. Her parents should have appointed professionals who could have helped her out but I get the impression they were both kind of dumb, too.

by Anonymousreply 140May 21, 2020 12:19 PM

It's the money manager's job to manage his client's money. It's not his job to teach them how to do his job. I mean sure some people like to learn, take responsibility and initiative upon themselves to learn but clearly Tori isn't that type. I'm sure she also assumed that her career was set for life, that she'd always make a lot of money because she had not concept of not having money and that there would always be someone there to manage it for her so she didn't need to bother.

She grew up with never having limits on money so she doesn't have any idea about what to do with budgets and limits. She probably had a credit card with no limit from Daddy when she was 12. I'm sure the driver would drop her and her friends off to go shopping and she just bought whatever she wanted. I can definitely picture her being that kind of spoiled rich kid who was never told no.

by Anonymousreply 141May 21, 2020 12:33 PM

I guess Aaron thought he was doing his part by getting his unfortunate looking daughter started in her acting career but he certainly had to know that the chances of a Hollywood career being sustainable for her were slim. When you consider her lack of intelligence, looks, charisma and talent it's amazing she's done as well as she has.

by Anonymousreply 142May 21, 2020 1:33 PM

r142 Tori likes to tell the story that she auditioned for 90210 under a fake name so she got the part on her own merits. Yeah, like all of the casting did not know you were Aaron Spelling's daughter.

by Anonymousreply 143May 21, 2020 2:17 PM

Surely Tori herself should have realised she was too fugly for the silver screen. After she'd had her little vanity project of starring in 90210, she shoud have put on her best shoulder pads and gone into the family biz with Daddy. She could have been filthy rich and held enormous power. Instead, she's a sloppy frau with a deadbeat husband and fat kids.

by Anonymousreply 144May 21, 2020 3:37 PM

If it's all the parents' fault, why didn't the brother turn out like Tori?

by Anonymousreply 145May 21, 2020 3:38 PM

I love how Tori is being discussed as if she was a special needs child and there never was any hope that she'd be able to support herself.

by Anonymousreply 146May 21, 2020 3:42 PM

Presumably because he's not as dumb as she is.

The story someone mentioned earlier in the thread about how he won't let Candy give his kids a ton of presents tells me he's got his head on straight.

by Anonymousreply 147May 21, 2020 3:42 PM

[quote]I love how Tori is being discussed as if she was a special needs child and there never was any hope that she'd be able to support herself.

I mean...

by Anonymousreply 148May 21, 2020 3:43 PM

To bad Kris Jenner wasn't Tori's mother, she'd be loaded right now.

All her children are wealthy beyond belief, except Rob at the moment. But her youngest Kylie, a billionaire. She doesn't have to depend on anyone. And at only 22 I think.

She's living her best life.

by Anonymousreply 149May 21, 2020 9:19 PM

[quote]If Aaron had been really smart, he would have encouraged Tori and Randy to become involved in Spelling Production behind the scenes and become producers or something.

I recall reading around the time that Randy was on Sunset Beach that he had some interest in producing.

by Anonymousreply 150May 21, 2020 9:33 PM

Tori, your credit car payment is due!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151May 21, 2020 9:39 PM

Tori's sad last days...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152May 21, 2020 9:53 PM

Did she ever pay off her 80k credit card with the money from the BH 90210 reboot show?

by Anonymousreply 153May 21, 2020 11:02 PM

R97 nailed it. And by the way, why does everyone on this board presume to know what her dad taught or told her? He may have been very clearly about his plans.

Also, giving a young person a lot of money can make them a magnet for bad people (cough, Dean, cough). Wealth often destroys the lives of the aimless.

Best case scenario, they become layabouts with empty lives.

by Anonymousreply 154May 21, 2020 11:09 PM

R145 because a daughter learns her spending habits from her mother. In that respect, I totally agree with the posts above: you don’t raise a daughter as a total useless spoiled princess and then suddenly at 35 find religion and start to teach them “the value of a dollar.” You pick a lane and stick with it. Parents lead by example especially the same sex parent and what does she see in her mother? A fucking parasite whose spending has always reached notoriously tacky levels of conspicuous consumption.

If daddy Spelling was really concerned about Toris spending habits then he should have set up a trust as many have already said. In fact , he should have set up one for Candy as well — although I guess even with the most obscene spending you can’t blow thru $800 mil.

Why she didn’t learn the same goldigging skills as her mother however is a mystery. She should have at least stayed married to the first husband.

by Anonymousreply 155May 21, 2020 11:46 PM

Candy Spelling has so much shit she has storage units all over LA. If she didn't have the money to store all of her stuff, she would be a hoarder.

by Anonymousreply 156May 22, 2020 12:13 AM

A while back we had a Tasteful Friends about Candy Spelling's Malibu beach house. It had to be seen to be believed. DLers were aghast at her atrocious taste, everything about the house was hideous.

by Anonymousreply 157May 22, 2020 12:28 AM

[quote]Why she didn’t learn the same goldigging skills as her mother however is a mystery. She should have at least stayed married to the first husband.

What was her first husband's job?

by Anonymousreply 158May 22, 2020 12:47 AM

[quote]Why she didn’t learn the same goldigging skills as her mother however is a mystery. She should have at least stayed married to the first husband.

What was her first husband's job?

by Anonymousreply 159May 22, 2020 12:47 AM

First hubby was another actor.

by Anonymousreply 160May 22, 2020 12:53 AM

To make it in Hollywood, a girl needs: connections, looks, charm, talent, and the ability to give a blowjob that will make Weinstein's eyes roll back into his head. Tori had ONE of those qualities.

by Anonymousreply 161May 22, 2020 2:25 AM

R161 so did you, bitch! But the last one, not the first.

by Anonymousreply 162May 22, 2020 2:49 AM

R151 ugh I hated that hairstyle on Donna.

by Anonymousreply 163May 22, 2020 4:30 AM

[quote] After she'd had her little vanity project of starring in 90210, she should have put on her best shoulder pads and gone into the family biz with Daddy. She could have been filthy rich and held enormous power.

I tried that, I sucked at in and everyone hated me behind the scenes. To be fair, I was a cunt so I just waited until mom kicked the bucket and now I am filthy rich.

- Melissa Rivers Net Worth: 100 million!

by Anonymousreply 164May 22, 2020 5:50 AM

Better days

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165May 22, 2020 6:34 AM

R164 that’s what a REAL Jewish mother does!!

by Anonymousreply 166May 22, 2020 6:52 AM

If you knew who she was in the 80s, you probably assumed she was like a female Richie Rich and would live a charmed life forever.

It is surprising if you remember just how privileged she was, and that she seems fairly down-to-earth today (based on her youtube vlogs) and not bitter about her lack of major wealth.

by Anonymousreply 167May 22, 2020 6:59 AM

[Quote] and that she seems fairly down-to-earth today (based on her youtube vlogs) and not bitter about her lack of major wealth.

Appearances can be deceiving.

by Anonymousreply 168May 22, 2020 9:58 AM

Someone should inform Tori she'd have more disposable income if she'd dispose of those children.

by Anonymousreply 169May 22, 2020 10:03 AM

Someone should inform Tori she'd have more disposable income to work with if she'd dispose of those children.

by Anonymousreply 170May 22, 2020 10:03 AM

I wonder how much more disposable income I'd have if I disposed of these fucking kids.

by Anonymousreply 171May 22, 2020 10:04 AM

Let me do the math and get back to you on that!

by Anonymousreply 172May 22, 2020 10:05 AM

How much is Dean paying out to the first wife and kid? Is it one of those deals where she's taking every penny his broke ass has?

by Anonymousreply 173May 22, 2020 11:55 AM

Absolutely Tori

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174May 22, 2020 12:43 PM

[quote]How much is Dean paying out to the first wife and kid? Is it one of those deals where she's taking every penny his broke ass has?

They have been having court battles for years regarding child support and I remember reading somewhere that he owed 100k in child support. The son is already in his 20s, but there was some legal filings last year where the ex wife said that Dean's payments for the son's university tuition and rent were bouncing and she mentioned in her filing that Dean is supported by Candy Spelling who pays for expensive vacations and parties for Dean, Tori, and the 5 kids.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175May 22, 2020 6:26 PM

I used to assume Tori was the unreasonable one in the feud with her Mom. But after watching her Mom's reality show, and all the petty, small-minded things she has said since Aaron died, Candy seems like a MAJOR cunt.

She sued her own building , where she lives at the top "Manor in the Sky" because Hinoki and the Bird, located on the ground floor, opened later than expected and she was promised an upscale restaurant upon her move-in date.

by Anonymousreply 176May 22, 2020 7:18 PM

Wow r176 that just takes 'entitled white cunt' to a whole new level. If the Karens of the world had a billion dollars, they would be just like Candy.

by Anonymousreply 177May 22, 2020 8:08 PM

Candy is going to move from the Centuy City penthouse to a new building that's going up next door.

by Anonymousreply 178May 22, 2020 8:10 PM

What would it take for Tori to admit that Dean is dead weight? Everything their family has is A) from Mommy or B) from Tori's own hustles.

Dean is as useless as a dump on a log, girl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179May 22, 2020 8:13 PM

Who paid for it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180May 22, 2020 8:13 PM

If you haven't figured it out by now, OP, there's no hope for you.

by Anonymousreply 181May 22, 2020 8:17 PM

JFC she is not a pretty woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182May 22, 2020 8:38 PM

I mean, yikes!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183May 22, 2020 8:39 PM

[quote]Candy is going to move from the Centuy City penthouse to a new building that's going up next door.

For real? After all the headache of building out her current place, she wants to go through it all again? At her age!?

by Anonymousreply 184May 22, 2020 8:42 PM

A cunt never sleeps, R184.

by Anonymousreply 185May 23, 2020 4:23 AM

What else do cunts with money have to do all day R184. It's their form of entertainment, to see if they can get what they want and how much they can twist someone's arm to get it. With her kind of money a lawsuit even a very frivolous one is not even chump change, while it could bankrupt a normal business person. Those cunts get off on it. Probably because most have not seen a cock in decades.

by Anonymousreply 186May 23, 2020 6:03 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187May 23, 2020 6:08 AM

Candy Spelling is a trip there and back. Rich white women like her cannot sit still. They are busy bodies and they love to spend $ and lots of it.

They don't know what else to do with it. All that $might even be driving her crazy, who knows?

by Anonymousreply 188May 23, 2020 6:12 AM

So many questions about that tweet.

Anyway. What a way to torture Tori by rubbing in her face while the poor girl has to go home to her track him every day after hitting the boulevard pitching her scripts and going on auditions.

Jesus this lady is hardcore.

by Anonymousreply 189May 23, 2020 6:17 AM

I wonder if it’s too late to sue her mother.

Maybe she could find a sympathetic judge. I don’t believe that her daddy would be so cruel to her.

by Anonymousreply 190May 23, 2020 6:18 AM

Candy can give Tori a house and money through a trust that the husband can’t touch, right?

So if Tori wakes up one day and dumps the schlub I believe family trusts is off limits.

So it’s not about him. It must be about candy having the upper hand.

by Anonymousreply 191May 23, 2020 6:20 AM

American Express should go screw off. These banks want to lend out all this money and be surprised when people can’t pay it back.

They are the math experts. If they loan too much, they should take the responsibility.

by Anonymousreply 192May 23, 2020 6:23 AM

This is what she sees going up next door, wetting her panties that she MUST get in there first.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193May 23, 2020 6:25 AM

I’m no architect, but wouldn’t the first half of those towners be facing...the front building?

Also doesn’t this looking something in Las Vegas?

by Anonymousreply 194May 23, 2020 6:28 AM

Why would this new place want anything to do with this lady when she is clearly a huge pain in the neck?

She will be up their asses 24/7. Who needs it?

by Anonymousreply 195May 23, 2020 6:29 AM

R186 that reminds me of some line in Overboard where Kurt Russell says to Goldie Hawn (and I don’t remember the exact line) “you have everything so you need to find things to bitch about.”

Any Overboard fans feel free to help me out here.

by Anonymousreply 196May 23, 2020 6:36 AM

They are condos R195, she wants the penthouse at 50 million dollars. Of course they want her. There are not that many people that want to pay that and live in a high-rise. Besides who are "they" the HOA? the developer will sell to anyone with the money. Then they are out of there. There is no owner of a building like that, all the people living there with share in ownership. And no you cant exclude anyone, especially Jews.

by Anonymousreply 197May 23, 2020 6:36 AM

Of course Candy's going to move and remodel and bitch and moan and sue the developers. She has fuck-all nothing to do all day, this is her way of staying busy. It gives her something to do. Well, that and being a cunt to Tori.

by Anonymousreply 198May 23, 2020 6:38 AM

R197 that was my other big question with all that money why is she spending it on an apartment where — no matter how massive it is — she’s sharing a building with a bunch of other people. I know “normal” older wealthy-ish women often prefer it because they have all the facilities, dont have the burden of taking care of a house, but obviously with someone of her obscene wealth, that’s not an issue, so I don’t get it. The sheer pleasure in terrorizing all of her neighbors and building staff? Those buildings are fucking ugly, btw.

by Anonymousreply 199May 23, 2020 6:43 AM

How is she still filthy rich? I mean she spends a lot of money already to begin with. But how does she still have $50 million dollars to just throw at a new condo being built?

As she spends money, it's leaving. Where's her money coming from to replace what she spends? Producing Broadway plays isn't going to put that kind of money back in the bank for her. You'd think she's probably down to her last few hundred million dollars. She never worked, Aaron always took care of her.

Unless she's just living off of the intrest. And why does she want to move at her age anyway? You'd think she'd want to be settled by now. I know I would if I was her age and I'm only in my early 30s.

by Anonymousreply 200May 23, 2020 6:46 AM

Yes, as someone from an Architectural background, those building are actual garbage. That aside, many older people sell their houses when they get older and "simply" their lives by moving into smaller condos. She is just doing it on a grander scale. Plus I have spent a lot of time in those types of buildings with woman like that. You were not too far off the mark. They do enjoy terrorizing the staff. They love having someone valet park their car every day, someone to open the door, someone to bring all their packages into their unit and all them say "hello Ms. Spelling, pleasure to see you today" with a smile. You don't get that same kind of attention with a house staff. Plus you don't have to constantly hire and interview them. Living in a building like that is the simplest life possible if you have the money. You dont have to take care of a thing outside your unit. And usually you can call "one of the boys" if you need some kind of emergency fix. Some even have on staff engineers. And of course maintenance people, concierge and 24/7 security guards. The other building she was in called The Carlyle actually bragged in their marking brochures that all their security guards were "Israeli trained".

By the way, there really is not a lot of sharing, they can be very private. The last one I worked on had an elevator system that opened up straight into everyone's unit, no hallways. Almost like every had a private elevator. The only time you had to interact with someone was if you decided to exit through the main entrance to get your car waiting out front. I an pretty sure I read that Candy's current place at the Century even came with private pool area down at the base as a special perk of owning the penthouse. And in her case, totally private elevators.

by Anonymousreply 201May 23, 2020 7:05 AM

It's not that easy to spend 100's of millions of dollars R200. 50 million is nothing to her. I'ts hard to imagine but even Rodeo Drive is slumming it. Think about it, she could walk into Harry Winstons buy an 8.Carat Emerald Cut Diamond ring and it would only set her back about 400,000. Not even 1 million. Pocket change, impulse buy. She could afford to do that hundreds of times.

by Anonymousreply 202May 23, 2020 7:15 AM

Tori is pushing 50, she's obviously not going to suddenly have any kind of lucrative career at this stage of life. Candy is knocking on 80, she's not going to be around forever. She should just say "fuck it" and set up a trust for Tori (that Tori's husband can't touch) and just let Tori live like an entitled princess. At this point, there's really no other option, and time is marching on. Throw in the towel and just give Tori what she wants. It's ridiculous that Candy has been keeping up this petty bullshit for so many years.

by Anonymousreply 203May 23, 2020 7:20 AM

Tori has proven she's devoted to Dean, either through stupidity, stubbornness or insecurity. If Candy gave her a blank check, it'd go right into his hands. The grandchildren are taken care of. Tori and Dean can fend for themselves. I'd kill to see the various loopholes in her will to make sure Dean can't get his hands on the money. Fast-forward, 15-20 years, Tori and Dean begging the kids for their trust funds.

Tori's best hope is for Dean to have an accident

by Anonymousreply 204May 23, 2020 7:40 AM

[quote] If Candy gave her a blank check, it'd go right into his hands.

Get the fuck over it Candy, you cant take it with you. He's entitled to half her net worth especially when you consider he had to bang your ugly daughter at least half a dozen times to give you ugly spawn.

by Anonymousreply 205May 23, 2020 7:46 AM

r204 as has been stated many times if Candy set up a trust for Tori, Dean couldn't touch it. If they divorced, he would not be able to get a penny.

by Anonymousreply 206May 23, 2020 7:46 AM

Poor Tori, I really mean that. Even my Jewish mom wasn't that cunty. And she was a Republican.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207May 23, 2020 7:54 AM

[quote]The other building she was in called The Carlyle actually bragged in their marking brochures that all their security guards were "Israeli trained".

That is messed all the hell up.

by Anonymousreply 208May 23, 2020 7:58 AM

Fox News, I know, Gross, but a recap of the whole drama, including Tori admitting in 2008 that her money troubles started right after 90210 ended, before Aaron died and that she knew her inheritance was under a million.

Highlights: After "Beverly Hills, 90201" wrapped in 2000, her life of never having to worry about money or think twice about her expensive tastes began to take a toll.

"It's no mystery why I have money problems. I grew up rich beyond anyone's wildest dreams. I never knew anything else. Even when I try to embrace a simpler lifestyle, I can't seem to let go of my expensive tastes. Even when my tastes aren't fancy, they're still costly. I moved houses to simplify my life, but lost almost a million dollars along the way,” she wrote in her 2013 book “Spelling It Like It Is.”

Despite her father’s wealth, Spelling says she refused to ask for his help when times got tough.

“That means, in my mind, [that] I was what everyone thought I was, taking money from my dad, the rich little girl that he paid for everything,” she told ABC News in 2008. “And I refused to be that. [I would] rather be bankrupt.”

In order to make ends meet, she began taking on a slew of bit parts in films like “Scary Movie 2” as well as made-for-TV movies such as “A Carol Christmas,” “Family Plan,” “Hush” and more.

Despite the relatively low sum left to her from her father's estate, Tori insists she had previously discussed the situation with him.

"It was a hard conversation to have with him. I didn't want him to think that I was asking him for the money, or even talking about something so morbid as when he would pass. But I thought it was a conversation I needed to have … for myself and for my brother," she said in the same 2008 interview. "We had lunch and he said, 'You're gonna be OK. I made sure. You're getting just under a million.'

"I think part of me, in the back of my head, maybe hoped it would be different? But I hated myself for hoping it would be different, because I didn't want to take advantage, I didn't want to be that girl who needed, or wanted, my dad's money."

when she was sued by American Express over failed payments amounting to roughly $38,000 in 2016, Candy told TMZ that she helps her daughter financially with necessities, but does not help her with extravagances.

“I’ve been helping her out. I’m paying all her bills now,” she told the outlet at the time. “Except I’m not paying extras like that. No, I’m not paying any back payments. Just for the house and the kids school and the food, that’s all.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209May 23, 2020 8:04 AM

Why is anyone entitled to money simply because they fell out of the vagina of someone who has lots of it?

I would probably set up a trust fund for her because she obviously can't handle money well, but she doesn't deserve money simply because she exists.

by Anonymousreply 210May 23, 2020 8:06 AM

I think was their way of saying Americans don't make good guards and only people from Israeli know what real protection is like checking for bombs or terrorists. Which is still racist to say the are some how better. But then 75% of the people living in that building were incidentally Jewish.

by Anonymousreply 211May 23, 2020 8:07 AM

[quote]We had lunch and he said, 'You're gonna be OK. I made sure. You're getting just under a million.'

I reiterate my previous comment: Aaron may have been successful, but he does not seem to have been smart.

by Anonymousreply 212May 23, 2020 8:07 AM

Yeah, you think? Raising his daughter in the biggest mansion in Beverly hills and she's going to be ok?? Even in that neighborhood a shack starts at about 3.5 million. He knew how his wife spent his money, and hello like mother like daughter?

by Anonymousreply 213May 23, 2020 8:13 AM

I say if you wanted to do that austerity thing with your kids and you are that mega rich, 10 mill would have been a fair amount. It's enough to live a very nice life and never have to worry again. If you blow that then no one should feel sorry for you. And at the same time you are not giving them the family fortune.

by Anonymousreply 214May 23, 2020 8:18 AM

Perhaps that's a fair compromise R214.

by Anonymousreply 215May 23, 2020 8:19 AM

Let's put aside the whole issue of an inheritance and its "smallness" ($800K won't provide enough income to live on, but it's far more than 95% of us will ever inherit). Let's put aside the fact that she chose to go into acting and is pushing 50, therefore she is essentially without any potential to earn money going forward. AND she admittedly is a total spendthrift who never learned about being financially responsible and hady no desire to learn.

What's even more significant is that Tori married a complete wastrel and proceeded to have six (!) kids with him in quick succession. While living in the Los Angeles area, one of the most expensive places to live in the US! Just about anybody would be continually broke after making such incredibly poor life decisions.

Meanwhile, her brother had the same privileged childhood yet managed to become an actual adult who is capable of supporting himself and a family. Is Tori special needs?

by Anonymousreply 216May 23, 2020 9:15 AM

[Quote] Is Tori special needs?

I would say no. But both Tori and Dean clearly have some mental health issues.

by Anonymousreply 217May 23, 2020 11:09 AM

By your thought process r216 Oprah came from nothing and is a smart billionaire so therefore all poor people could if they wanted be billionaires. The world doesn't work that way. People are wired differently even within a family. Are you exactly like all of your siblings?

by Anonymousreply 218May 23, 2020 11:44 AM

I would've left each kid at least $15 to $25 million in a trust fund. and I would've bought each kid home in a nice upper middle class neighborhood, and paid cash money for it. So therefore, it's paid for and they have nothing to worry about.

I would've done all of that just to make sure my children were permanently stabilized. They would've gotten more after their mother died. Anything else they wanted, they would've had to work for it. I think that would've been very generous to do for Tori and Randy. Therefore, their not getting the family fortune and they have plenty to live off of and no one is falling into poverty.

Sounds fair and reasonable to me.

by Anonymousreply 219May 23, 2020 6:56 PM

If I could choose to live in a huge multi-million dollar home anywhere, the soulless, daily traffic gridlock nightmare of Century City wouldn't even be a consideration.

by Anonymousreply 220May 23, 2020 7:13 PM

I would head straight to Pacific Palisades, r220.

by Anonymousreply 221May 23, 2020 7:19 PM

[quote]Raising his daughter in the biggest mansion in Beverly hills and she's going to be ok??

It was Holmby Hills, and Tori has said herself that she was 17 when 'The Manor' was completed and therefore barely even lived there.

by Anonymousreply 222May 24, 2020 10:01 AM

Yes, I know that R222,, but most people are not aware of Holmby Hills outside of those living in LA. What's your point, it's still one of the richest neighborhoods in all of LA. They were not living in a slum before the house was built.

by Anonymousreply 223May 24, 2020 10:25 AM

So Candy sold her place for 80 million, this bitch buys it, flips it and makes a cool 120 Million. That just shows how much of a dump it was after Candy put he special doll inspired touches to it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224May 24, 2020 10:31 AM

She didn't "make" $120M on the sale. More like $120M minus $80M purchase price minus renovations minus carrying costs minus realtor fees. And keep in mind Candy sold that place at the absolute bottom of the market. To say that house was ever a "dump" is a bit of a stretch.

by Anonymousreply 225May 24, 2020 10:35 AM

Even if she spent 10 million to renevate, which would be a lot she still make a cool 30 million in just a few years.

by Anonymousreply 226May 24, 2020 10:50 AM

No, she would not make a cool $30 million in that scenario. She had to maintain that home for the seven years she owned. And pay utilities on that monstrosity. And property taxes. And pay a realtor commission on the full $120M sales price. That all comes out of her $40M capital gain. I'm honestly surprised she wasn't able to sell it for more...she bought it at the absolute bottom of the market and somehow only managed to eek out a 50% gain seven years later once the LA real estate market had bubbled way back up.

by Anonymousreply 227May 24, 2020 11:07 AM

So who owns the "Spelling Manor" now? Is it foriegn money?

Also I believe the property taxes on that place is over $1 million a year. If your buying a place like that, then your certainly not worried about the property taxes. Your most likely a billionaire or adjacent to it.

by Anonymousreply 228May 24, 2020 11:19 PM

She obviously has had so many kids hoping that Candy would actually like one of them and leave money in her will since she can’t do anything with it when she’s gone.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Tori has a Candy voodoo doll.

by Anonymousreply 229May 25, 2020 1:57 AM

If Aaron Spelling was worth $500 million when he died, he could have left his kids $100 million each, kept in trust with monthly payments. That evil bitch Candy could survive on $300 million.

by Anonymousreply 230May 25, 2020 2:28 AM

R229 its been reported that each of the grandkids has a 10 mil trust. I assume Toris kids trusts have about 1001 conditions to keep Dean away.

by Anonymousreply 231May 25, 2020 3:37 AM

The simple truth is that barring an infusion of self esteem on Tori’s part, she and Dean are together until one of them dies.

He’s an aging father of six who seems incapable of making money. What woman would take him on for more than a night?

She’s an aging mother of five living off her desperate hustles and her mom’s generosity. What man would take her on except another lazy asshole after the Spelling money? At least Dean is a lazy asshole she KNOWS.

by Anonymousreply 232May 25, 2020 3:44 AM

Candy needs all that money so she can donate to the doll museum of America. #dollsmatter

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233May 25, 2020 11:23 AM

R233 what am I even looking at 😱 You know what, that nurse doll should be in the next Annabelle/Conjuring movie.

by Anonymousreply 234May 25, 2020 12:19 PM

Surely Tori has residuals from the 90210 franchise? I bet you that when Candy dies, the dog and some animal charities will get the bulk of the money as a fuck you to Tori.

by Anonymousreply 235May 25, 2020 4:01 PM

Candy's $$$ will definitely be going mostly to charities.

by Anonymousreply 236May 25, 2020 4:10 PM

[quote]Surely Tori has residuals from the 90210 franchise?

Residuals reduce over time.

by Anonymousreply 237May 26, 2020 1:14 AM

Plus I really don't think 90210 is like Friends or Law and Order where it's CONSTANTLY playing

by Anonymousreply 238May 26, 2020 1:16 AM

R238 Yeah, it's not constantly airing in reruns. I remember in the mid to late 90s, FX started aired reruns for several years and then it popped up on the now defunct SoapNet. It's airs now on Pop and it's also available on Hulu and CBS All Access. It will probably disappear from cable reruns in a year or two.

by Anonymousreply 239May 26, 2020 1:33 AM

The 90210 actors didn't make big network $$$, and as has been said, the show was never popular in syndication.

by Anonymousreply 240May 26, 2020 1:43 AM

R240 I recall Jason Priestly saying that in some interview.

by Anonymousreply 241May 26, 2020 1:50 AM

They started airing reruns with the original music, but it was edited to fit the pg rating. I was so pissed off.

by Anonymousreply 242May 26, 2020 3:48 AM

Oh my. Dean doesn't look bad for his age. Tori not so much.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243May 26, 2020 5:32 AM

Her father should have left her $25 million in a trust fund like I said earlier. She would've been stabilized indefinitely and free of her mother's control and she still could've worked to make more money if she wanted to.

The same with her brother. And buy both of them homes too. I guess Candy was controlling everything.

by Anonymousreply 244May 26, 2020 5:33 AM

Opinions are like assholes on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 245May 26, 2020 5:36 AM

People seem to have an imbalanced level of hatred for her, considering she's always been pro-gay and close friends with gay men, but I think she's funny. Especially on 90210 and So Notorious, and she seems like she would be cool to hang out with, which I wouldn't think about most actresses.

by Anonymousreply 246May 26, 2020 5:39 AM

True, R244. Even $300 million would have been more than enough compensation for Candy's decades of gold digging. Candy would have had a nervous breakdown if she had to survive on $800,000.

by Anonymousreply 247May 26, 2020 5:41 AM

I wonder if she's still moving to Atlanta? She said recently she really wants to live in Atlanta because the cost of living is so much cheaper in the south.

She was at Kandis Atlanta restaurant not long ago and was house hunting in the ATL. I wonder if Candy would support that move?

Atlanta could work for her.

by Anonymousreply 248May 26, 2020 5:42 AM

R246 someone on a previous thread said Tori didn't have many friends because she spent the majority of her time complaining about Dean.

by Anonymousreply 249May 26, 2020 6:11 AM

She cant move to Atlanta, Mother would have her killed first to save the grand spawn.

by Anonymousreply 250May 26, 2020 6:52 AM

I don't "hate" Tori, she seems like a nice person more or less, but I don't have sympathy for her either. All of her problems are her own fault and she seems committed to digging herself in deeper.

by Anonymousreply 251May 26, 2020 6:59 AM

Atlanta would definitely be good for the kids. They need to get out of that toxic LA environment.

There's a reason most Movie Stars don't live in Los angels. But the east coast or even other states. LA can be a really toxic environment to grow up in. Tori might even be happier if she left LA. Her brother seems to be doing just fine in Oregon.

by Anonymousreply 252May 26, 2020 9:10 PM

She doesn't have to leave the state just to raise her kids, millions of people do just fine in California outside of Beverly Hills or surrounding rich entitled area. There are lots of nice areas where she could live like a queen and still have that small town feel for the kids. They just are not glamorous with expensive stores and places like Rodeo drive. Many of them are quite pretty and quite.

by Anonymousreply 253May 27, 2020 5:45 AM

The Tori you are describing is long gone, r246. All that fun you remember was in the 90s.

by Anonymousreply 254May 28, 2020 3:13 PM

Did our girl get her toilet paper?

by Anonymousreply 255June 6, 2020 4:14 AM

I don’t know, I thought she was fantastic in “Trick” and I assumed more roles would follow. Didn’t happen though. If you haven’t seen it, her parts are probably the funniest.

by Anonymousreply 256June 6, 2020 4:45 AM

Yeah, she was good in Trick, surprised it didn't pan out from there. I guess because it was such a small independent film, probably not a lot of the right people saw it.

by Anonymousreply 257June 6, 2020 5:13 AM

She could've been a solid character actress. Daddy's money told her she could be a leading lady

by Anonymousreply 258June 6, 2020 5:39 AM

He wasn’t “like” a billionaire, he actually was one.

by Anonymousreply 259June 6, 2020 5:44 AM

I thought his estate was about half a billion when he died, not a full? At least that's what they told me!!

by Anonymousreply 260June 6, 2020 5:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!