Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Eric McCormack’s former manager once told him to lose weight

So it wasn't just Jack being mean all these years. Will is a fattie waiting to happen

[quote]It’s not only actresses who are told to lose weight in Hollywood — “Will & Grace” star Eric McCormack says his former manager once told him to shed a few pounds ahead of a 1997 audition. “It’s very easy in a Calgary winter when you have a beard and several layers of clothing to disguise what beer will do to a man,” the Canadian-born actor, 57, said during a remote interview for 92Y last week. “And when the beard came off — Wow! I was not going to be on ‘Melrose Place’ the next day, let’s put it that way and I was in denial about it.” He said he was auditioning for a role on Jenny McCarthy’s show “Jenny” when his manager at the time, Joan Hyler, commented on his fuller face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21April 28, 2020 8:21 PM

He’s a bit too thin now.

by Anonymousreply 1April 28, 2020 2:33 AM

What an oinker

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 28, 2020 2:41 AM

Hollywood is all about being thin, period.

by Anonymousreply 3April 28, 2020 2:43 AM

R3 Hollywood is all about being so thin your period stops.

by Anonymousreply 4April 28, 2020 2:48 AM

It must have haunted him. He looked emaciated during the first season of W&G. I thought they were going to write HIV+ into the script.

by Anonymousreply 5April 28, 2020 3:14 AM

He looked emaciated during the revival.

At that age, you need a little meat on your bones.

by Anonymousreply 6April 28, 2020 3:16 AM

He looked short, sweaty, and bloated in Buffy The Vampire Slayer.

I hope he continues to starve his feelings.

by Anonymousreply 7April 28, 2020 3:20 AM

he looks much better now than he did when he was younger.

He's never been an appealing actor, though. I always found Will Truman unpleasant on "Will & Grace"--he came across as homophobic and unpleasant. I could never figure out why Grace liked him.

by Anonymousreply 8April 28, 2020 3:21 AM

I wonder if Will’s OCD tendencies and control issues are shared by Eric. A lot of sitcom characters are very close to the actor because the writers write to the actor’s strengths as the show goes on. Seeing how thin he was during the reboot I can easily imagine Eric having some sort of eating disorder. Eric/Will have that OCD personality that would count every calorie.

I like Eric. He’s easy on the eye, inoffensive, charming, a decent actor but he’s also one of those actors that I look at and wonder what was so special that they made it from another country which is very hard to do. There’s hundreds of actors just as conventionally attractive and bland and serviceable so what was it that made people say get that Canadian guy, we’ll sponsor a visa, nobody else can do this but him......Maybe he has tremendous “it factor” in person.

by Anonymousreply 9April 28, 2020 3:40 AM

He really has kept his looks - they've changed, but he still looks great, just in a different way, and still sexy as fuck. I'd get on my knees for that

by Anonymousreply 10April 28, 2020 4:01 AM

He is still very handsome. Poor thing probably hasn't had a cheeseburger since 1998 when she told him this.

by Anonymousreply 11April 28, 2020 4:10 AM

R11 - exactly. I always marveled at his shape on Will and Grace. He was sooo thin but had these great shoulders. It seemed like a Ken doll body.

Everyone on TV is told to lose weight. You would be shocked at how 'tiny' most male and female TV and movie actors are in real life.

by Anonymousreply 12April 28, 2020 4:15 AM

According to online sources, EM is 5'11"..... which I don't believe for a moment. I always thought he was a bit shorter than average. You can tell in relation to other male actors in proximity.

So I'm guessing around 5'8" or 5'9".

by Anonymousreply 13April 28, 2020 4:45 AM

I once had a manager tell me to lose weight. I ate her.

by Anonymousreply 14April 28, 2020 5:34 AM

[quote]I always marveled at his shape on Will and Grace. He was sooo thin but had these great shoulders. It seemed like a Ken doll body.

Yeah I remember the clothes always fit him so perfectly. He had added pressure because Im sure the executives wanted him to embody the perfect elegant type gay with a waif body.

by Anonymousreply 15April 28, 2020 5:37 AM

Ginch-like creature!

by Anonymousreply 16April 28, 2020 5:49 AM

Losing another thirty-five wouldn't hurt to start.

by Anonymousreply 17April 28, 2020 7:00 AM

R7 Eric was never on Buffy.

by Anonymousreply 18April 28, 2020 12:03 PM

I get total eating disorder vibe. That anecdote is a version of coming out as having one.

by Anonymousreply 19April 28, 2020 1:19 PM

The real-life Will (a successful, openly gay, middle-aged lawyer in NYC) would have had a much more buff body: big, defined arms, chest, etc. Not waif-like. Those dudes may work ridiculous hours but they also live in the weight room.

McCormack doesn't quite fit the bill.

Just saying.

by Anonymousreply 20April 28, 2020 5:08 PM

On a series with Karen, who has unlimited funds and only eats drugs, and Jack, who is Jack, you’re criticizing Eric McCormack for not being true to life enough?

by Anonymousreply 21April 28, 2020 8:21 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!