Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jason Isaacs & Tom Felton

...reunite for a sweet daddy-son COVID chat. They have a close bond, don’t they? Even for straight British luvvies (bear in mind they are 25 years apart in age...).

Disclaimer: not a ‘Harry Potter’ fan and never was (Rings all the way), but I had a bf in school who pushed me to watch the films against my will so I used to needle her about the Draco character seeming in love/lust with his father Lucius because it chagrined her...was I onto something?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65April 22, 2021 1:29 PM

Supporting evidence:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 26, 2020 1:52 AM

Aaaaaaand:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 26, 2020 1:52 AM

Tom Felton tends to fall in love with most male costars. Poor guy. He should probably sue for the amount of peroxide they made him destroy his hair with as a teenager.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 26, 2020 2:02 AM

Too precious, R3. Never watched that project but I like the chemistry there. Agree that Felton’s poor hair took a beating; unfortunately it’s wispy and thin like old man-hair now though he’s only 32 - talk about suffering for the craft. If you watch films with him acting as a little kid, you’ll see his hair was thick & curly in a dirty blond-brown shade.

Apparently Tom lives with a male ‘roommate’ somewhere in L.A. atm (locked down for the time being, of course), which strikes me as odd for a young man of leisure with quite a bit in the bank. Is he neurotic and guarded, or extremely shy? Or is he sneaking a parade of women around the back of the bachelor pad?

What a horrid heterosexual thought. Here’s more Jason/Tom to cleanse the palate..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4April 26, 2020 10:25 AM

Well Tom has said on more than one occasion that he would like to be back on The Flash and wished he hadn't left.

by Anonymousreply 5April 26, 2020 10:50 AM

Felton looked freshly fucked (by Isaacs?) at this Calgary fan-convention c.2016. He’s clad in a shirt too big for him, rumpled and exhausted, constantly fidgeting in his seat and rubbing at his thighs and his (very red) neck & clavicle, angling himself toward Jason on the sofa and fawning at him...clearly a good time was had whatever happened. Tom would have been aged roughly 27 or 28 and Jason 51 or 52.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6April 26, 2020 8:49 PM

[quote] he would like to be back on The Flash and wished he hadn't left.

Lmao that some way to spin it. We heard they made him redundant because he was too expensive for the budget and his character was expendable...but that’s none of my business....

by Anonymousreply 7April 26, 2020 8:52 PM

[quote] TF: “Speaking of happy endings...[indicates below shot] I am wearing a lace thong. I would like you to guess what colour the thong is..and if it’s right, I’ll show you.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8April 27, 2020 12:52 AM

[quote] We heard

r17 Your majesty? I can kind of believe it though. CW shows are pretty much filmed on peanuts, and he probably just about counts as a big enough name he can charge more than 90% of the rest of it's actors. But his relationship with the cast was pretty sweet, and at least Julian survived the frozen pussy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9April 27, 2020 8:47 AM

Supposedly Grant and Danielle both wanted Tom back on the show.

by Anonymousreply 10April 27, 2020 8:54 AM

^^yeah, it’s too bad. Networks shouldn’t get so much control and say over casting decisions imo, but if they’re holding the purse strings what can you do? Felton fit well with the cast and did a fine job, but this is showbusiness and that’s not often enough to justify hiring or keeping an actor.

I wonder if Tom would be a good entry for the ‘they tried to break America and failed’ thread? It depends how you look at it, I suppose. He seems happy bumming around playing music as a hobby (much like Billy Boyd, who played Pippin in LotR, does) so it’s a bit harsh to say he hasn’t “made it” when he isn’t giving it everything and doesn’t want it that badly anyway (and good for him, Hollywood is toxic). He’d get more offers back home, I imagine.

by Anonymousreply 11April 27, 2020 11:22 AM

Jason might be careworn and kind of low-profile, but he is so charming and in great physical shape for a mid-50s British actor. Can’t blame Tom for clinging to Daddy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 27, 2020 11:26 AM

I can't get over how plain Tom Felton grew up to be. When I was young and he was in the first two movies, I crushed on him and somehow thought he'd grow up to look a bit like Basil Rathbone.

Instead, he has just gotten kind of ratty-looking (in both senses of the word). And Daniel Radcliffe did grow up to be kind of cute, but he's a midget.

by Anonymousreply 13April 27, 2020 12:38 PM

R13 yes! he does have a touch of the Rathbone about him. Or it’s that he photographs better (even well) in black-and-white. There is something about him that is quite winning and interesting to look at, though I don’t know that I’d call it handsomeness or beauty. He needs to stick to playing villains for that reason - sometimes typecasting is apt and righteous, for the actor’s own good.

Plus, HD cameras with high brightness & saturation are the mortal enemy of the fair, British actor over the age of 21. I feel for him, as one can’t fix or outrun genetics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14April 27, 2020 3:49 PM

The love that dare not speak its name.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15April 27, 2020 6:29 PM

It’s always so hilarious to me that Rowling managed to write a British boarding-school fantasy series in such a mawkishly-hetero and clunky way, that it was left to fans to inject subtlety and the typical homoeroticism the genre usually demands (and no, the ‘ALBUS IS GAY’ backtrack does not count). This isn’t even snobbery talking; the woman just can’t write a fantasy or a young person’s novel that is pleasurable to read. What do any of us actually care about awkward stilted love pangs between kids or cursed objects or magical bureaucracy? She made a fundamentally fun premise boring.

Enid Blyton wrote saucier, more satirical; more gay-friendly books for English kids. She created adventure without crutches, and got class politics & dynamics more spot-on than Rowling. But as she didn’t incorporate dragons or gratuitous Latin or an anvilicious allegory about fascism vs. heavy-handed Christian morality she has to rot, I suppose..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 27, 2020 8:47 PM

She's laughing all the way to the bank, R16, while you stock her books at Walmart.

by Anonymousreply 17April 27, 2020 9:17 PM

I loved the Harry Potter books - and movies. Fun stuff.

by Anonymousreply 18April 27, 2020 9:19 PM

R16 you seem oddly butt hurt about this

[quote] the woman just can’t write a fantasy or a young person’s novel that is pleasurable to read

Apparently, millions and millions of others disagree with your opinion

by Anonymousreply 19April 27, 2020 9:21 PM

The homoeroticism of boarding school stories comes from them being historically single sex. Mixed-gender boarding school stories would be no more or less likely to be homoerotic than any other school-set story.

by Anonymousreply 20April 27, 2020 9:36 PM

r16 I don't really mind she didn't make a gay character when she was originally writing. Gay rep in the 90s wasn't exactly great, especially in kids literature. Even now Rick Riordan is the only author who comes to mind with a major gay character. It does show her true colours a bit more when she has Albus and Scorpius act like they're in love for an entire play then does nothing with it, or tries to be pro diversity on Twitter but backs off when it might affect her wallet like in Fantastic Beasts.

by Anonymousreply 21April 27, 2020 9:50 PM

[quote] Apparently, millions and millions of others disagree.

Dangerous, hive-mind logic. But go off.

And R15 that’s cute and novel, but honestly I find it a silly idea that Draco would fall for Harry or vice versa; it doesn’t make sense given their dynamic. I could see either character being gay (in the books Harry was somewhat infatuated with Cedric and Draco with Blaize, as I vaguely recall, though this could easily be hero-worship) and coming to terms with that as they aged, but not lusting for one another. Anyone who has ever been bullied or looked down upon at school will say the same.

Ugh. All this talk about Boomer riches and homophobia and institutionalised bullying is really killing the mood I wanted to set. I thought you guys were all over British actors and Daddy kinks? On a Venn this is DL catnip so idk wtf is happening.

by Anonymousreply 22April 28, 2020 12:17 AM

It's written for children and young adults!!!!!!!! It's not supposed to be Kafka.

by Anonymousreply 23April 28, 2020 12:48 AM

[quote]She's laughing all the way to the bank, [R16], while you stock her books at Walmart.

The expression is "CRYING all the way to the bank."

by Anonymousreply 24April 28, 2020 12:57 AM

Jason Isaacs was so cute when he was younger, tho

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25April 28, 2020 1:27 AM

"The expression is "CRYING all the way to the bank."

Liberace, you ignorant slut:

Crying all the way to the bank:To be happy due to the receipt of money, but sad about the cause.

Laughing all the way to the bank:to be earning a lot of money easily.

Either way,R16 is a stockboy at Walmart, trying to make everyone think he's erudite.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26April 28, 2020 2:51 AM

No. Liberace said he was "crying all the way to the bank" in response to people who criticized his work. In other words ... boo-hoo, you hurt my feelings but I'm raking it in.

The exact same situation applies to Rowling.

by Anonymousreply 27April 28, 2020 3:04 AM

I'm sure Walmart stockboys can't hurt her feelings.

by Anonymousreply 28April 28, 2020 4:14 AM

Excuse me but was anyone ever going to tell me Tom shot a gay kiss with Taylor Swift’s fuggo brother? Or did I have to just find that out for myself?

Apparently Tom plays the lead role in this, as a closet-case.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29April 28, 2020 11:40 AM

Felton is still friendly and in touch with Tom Fletcher (of pop-band McFly). They became friends because they kept getting mistaken for one another by members of the public.

Fletcher pings very, very loudly to me and always has (he’s totally in love with and fucking the hot drummer in his band imo), but apparently the narrative is he has had a happy marriage to his wife since highschool and is every inch the ideal straight Dad🤷‍♀️

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30April 29, 2020 1:06 AM

I saw Tom at Ralph's in Marina Del Rey a few years ago. He was sunburnt and looking rough.

by Anonymousreply 31April 29, 2020 3:04 AM

R31 oh, that is a shame. Did he at least seem content and in good spirits?

Extensive and alarming skin damage mauls so many Brit expactors. Hugh Grant is another victim. We just don’t have the constitution to withstand your sun, plus sunscreen isn’t quite the daily ritual ointment for us as it is for you.

by Anonymousreply 32May 2, 2020 12:06 AM

R19....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33May 3, 2020 1:04 AM

That's Tom? Why does he look like he's forty something?

by Anonymousreply 34May 3, 2020 1:10 AM

R34 maybe Jason is an actual Dementor and can suck the life out of people...

by Anonymousreply 35May 3, 2020 11:18 AM

If that is the case, I'd volunteer to suck the life back into Tom.

by Anonymousreply 36May 3, 2020 12:30 PM

R36 You mean blow the life back into Tom.

by Anonymousreply 37May 4, 2020 2:25 AM

Just get his dick in my mouth, and I'll figure out what to do.

by Anonymousreply 38May 4, 2020 12:00 PM

Tom had a beautiful girlfriend named Jade a few years back, honestly too beautiful for him. WHET her, and how did he screw up letting a woman that gorgeous go?

Apparently she played Astoria, Draco’s wife, in the last Harry Potter movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39May 4, 2020 1:10 PM

Uhhhhh, Tom's hotter now than he's ever been at R30!

by Anonymousreply 40May 4, 2020 1:12 PM

R36/R38 baby you’d have to turn his head away from Jason, first. Look how thirsty he is in R30!

by Anonymousreply 41May 4, 2020 2:34 PM

R13 Dan Rad is sort of cute in an offbeat way. He seems to get on with Tom alright, though neither of them speak to Rupert (Grint) much or at all anymore, so I heard.

Dan is trending right now, reading the first chapter of the first Potter book aloud for the locked-down public. Guess he’s over the recriminations he has about the whole project (that it turned him alcoholic, etc.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42May 5, 2020 11:02 PM

Sorry, Draco was a fug from start to finish.

by Anonymousreply 43May 6, 2020 2:24 AM

I'm 2 months younger than him and Draco was my crush for the first few movies

by Anonymousreply 44May 6, 2020 2:31 AM

R29 I totally forgot about this. Rumour is that Austin Swift is gay.

by Anonymousreply 45May 6, 2020 2:36 AM

R43 little hetero girls adore Felton in their droves. How do we explain that?

Not that it makes him straight.

by Anonymousreply 46May 6, 2020 11:25 AM

By god that's fuckable at R42!😛

by Anonymousreply 47May 6, 2020 12:48 PM

Knowing that Daniel smokes to a extent that alarmed even his Brit costars cured me of any attraction I might have ever had for him.

by Anonymousreply 48May 6, 2020 6:15 PM

R48 his skin is holding up remarkably well, in that case - he ought to look far more ashy and dehydrated. I suppose a life of leisure delays the onset of ageing. Maybe it’s just me but I do feel Dan would look hotter and younger with a honey-blond dyejob and with a bit of a beard trim. It looks like he has some grey coming in already, and he’s not even 35 yet.

R45 so both Swift siblings are gay? That’s quite rare, isn’t it? Especially with opposite-sex, non-twin siblings. I certainly believe it, though, judging by that kiss clip with Tom wherein Austin does seem quite natural and at ease kissing other men.

by Anonymousreply 49May 6, 2020 11:33 PM

R49 Yep aparently both are gay though Austin's career is so low profile that I've only really heard it discussed among Taylor's fans. Definitely a rare situation and I've only heard of a few cases of it before, one that comes to mind is Lily Tomlin and her brother Richard. Lily has talked about how she felt she couldn't come out to her mom because when Richard came out their mom became ill and bedridden for about two weeks.

by Anonymousreply 50May 7, 2020 2:00 AM

Tom is digging out old nostalgic trinkets Jason gave him to show off on Twitter.

Either he desperately needs and wants follows, or he is dick-craven and sorely misses Daddy’s touch.

Or both. Both is good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51May 8, 2020 11:02 PM

[quote] Lily Tomlin and her brother Richard. Lily has talked about how she felt she couldn't come out to her mom because when Richard came out their mom became ill and bedridden for about two weeks.

Sounds like a classic Narcisstic mother....:/

by Anonymousreply 52May 13, 2020 11:05 PM

I want Jason Isaacs in my quite deeply.

by Anonymousreply 53May 13, 2020 11:17 PM

This courageous young woman attending the 2016 MegaCon panel for HP cast members actually barefaced askef Tom - over a mic, in front of a crowd of hundreds - whether he ever calls Jason ‘Daddy’ as a reflex. She’s my new Goddess. The only thing better than hearing that was Tom’s blushing response, after attempting to pass on the question and pretending he’d forgotten it: “Yes! Yes, frequently, Only behind closed doors...” Then Jason calling Tom “a fabulous, gorgeous boy” and saying he “should be so lucky to have a son like [Tom]”😭

I also appreciated Felton saying Draco would kill off Hermione in his perfect world version of HP (“I hate that bitch”😂😂) Hermione was always the worst character, just a Mary Sue for JK. Don’t get me started on the insane fangirls who wantedDraco & Hermione as a couple. And Emma Watson is nice and pretty I guess, but she is so unsuitably boring as a celebrity/actress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54May 13, 2020 11:50 PM

Real shame about the awful early death of Helen McCrory (the actress who played Narcissa Malfoy, née Black). Fantastic British character actress of long-standing, without whom the industry will suffer.

Hopefully Jason & Tom are closely in touch during this time, particularly as Tom’s mental health can tend to shaky.

by Anonymousreply 55April 19, 2021 8:06 AM

Some Jason/Tom IG content:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56April 19, 2021 8:09 AM

Jason has a nice cut Jewish cock. Tom...not so much.

by Anonymousreply 57April 19, 2021 8:14 AM

Dare I ask how R57 knows such a thing?

by Anonymousreply 58April 19, 2021 9:10 AM

Tom did do a wonderful job as Draco. Whenever Lucius would threateningly tap him on the shoulder with that cane, visible and palpable fear would shadow across Tom’s face. For an actor so young and inexperienced with the subtleties of the craft, that was really impressive acting.

Seconding the praise for Jason’s voice-work for Lucius, too. Just a few words or lines in that particular accent told us volumes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59April 19, 2021 10:27 PM

Didn’t know this until recently, but a Potterhead mate of mine recently informed me (during a discussion about Helen McCrory’s death) that Tom was badly bullied and mocked at school (he went back in-between shooting HP instalments), because of his very shocking platinum dyejob and of course because of his fame as a rather campy villain in a kids’ film franchise. He got followed home, bullied online, the works. He got so depressed over this relentless harassment, that he contemplated suicide for a few years (in his late teens/early twenties). That’s rather sad, I think, having fortune and lots of fans but not feeling able to appreciate it.

On a lighter note, I’m also told by the same friend that in Rowling’s first drafts, apparently the Malfoy family were originally called the Spungen family, which is rather amusing on a few levels.

by Anonymousreply 60April 20, 2021 12:16 PM

Currently, Felton’s high hairline and thinning locks are all that’s standing between him and good looks.

When he wears a cap, or back when he had enough hair to make bangs over his forehead, he looks somewhat attractive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61April 21, 2021 12:27 PM

Obsessed by their ongoing love fest and Issacs is SEXY AS FUCK!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 62April 21, 2021 12:45 PM

Jason has a really nice natural body for a guy his age.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63April 21, 2021 1:02 PM

[quote] Disclaimer: not a ‘Harry Potter’ fan and never was (Rings all the way), but I had a bf in school who pushed me to watch the films against my will so I used to needle her about the Draco character seeming in love/lust with his father Lucius because it chagrined her...was I onto something?

OMG I thought that sentence was never going to end.

by Anonymousreply 64April 21, 2021 1:59 PM

Jason looks at Tom with so much love in his eyes. It’s so beautiful, whether paternal or something else.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65April 22, 2021 1:29 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!