Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I'm ordered back to work on May 1

Motherfuckers!

So we can't eat out, we still have to maintain social distancing, we are still ordered to wear masks everywhere, we can't go to parks, etc., etc.

But I still have to go to work???

This is fucking insanity!!!!

I wish all our government officials would just fucking disappear. They all have their heads up their assholes.

by Anonymousreply 27April 25, 2020 11:04 PM

Those sweaters aren't going to fold themselves!

by Anonymousreply 1April 25, 2020 5:21 PM

What state or city are you in?

by Anonymousreply 2April 25, 2020 5:22 PM

CA, R2.

by Anonymousreply 3April 25, 2020 5:22 PM

Do you work in an environment where you can keep away from other people?

by Anonymousreply 4April 25, 2020 5:24 PM

Not at all, R4.

That's the fucking stupidity of this back to work order.

So socially, I am not allowed to socialize or be near other people.

However, when it comes to fucking WORK, it's okay.

Goddamned fucking hypocritical assholes.

I feel like quitting.

by Anonymousreply 5April 25, 2020 5:27 PM

I’m dreading a similar announcement from my employer, too.

by Anonymousreply 6April 25, 2020 5:28 PM

OP, are you expected to work your normal hours or are the hours being staggered?

by Anonymousreply 7April 25, 2020 5:30 PM

Same here is Kentucky but I feel we haven’t gotten the worse of it yet.

Who made the decision to come back your employer or governor. I thought California was doing a good job with the virus.

by Anonymousreply 8April 25, 2020 5:31 PM

Maybe you should resign OP. Write a letter tp your Supervisor and HR outlining your concerns- specifically that by going back to work in your current work environment without any Social Distancing measures in place, your job is placing you in imminent threat of catching Covid-19. I bet you won't be the only one to do it.

by Anonymousreply 9April 25, 2020 5:32 PM

My spouse was never allowed to stop working in skilled care facilities in CA as an outside contracted worker who visits multiple facilities. Up until a few weeks ago, they weren’t even requiring masks for anyone in the facilities. Most employers do not give a shit about safety at all; its always about money. That stuff we hear on the news about employers doing what’s best for employees only applies to a small portion of companies.

by Anonymousreply 10April 25, 2020 5:36 PM

Without MAJOR safety measures, and frankly no one really has a fucking clue what those are, I wouldn’t even consider stepping into a workplace. If your employer doesn’t like it, too fucking bad. The “economy is dying!” types can go off and fuck themselves. Your dollar isn’t worth my life, dumb cunts.

by Anonymousreply 11April 25, 2020 5:38 PM

R11 easy to say, but we depend on the income and I’m about to be unemployed so we don’t have the luxury of having two people unemployed at the same time. Folks who are privileged can do whatever they want and just wait it out and walk away but we’re not that privileged to have secure income.

by Anonymousreply 12April 25, 2020 5:40 PM

Normal hours, R7.

I've been working at home since about mid-March, and now they've decided that we should go back.

But there has been no guidance or guidelines, no mention of safety measures, and basically no information at all.

We are just supposed to report back to work.

That is the ridiculousness of this situation right now.

by Anonymousreply 13April 25, 2020 5:41 PM

Northern Cal R3? LA is locked until May 15 at which point I fully expect Garcetti or Newsome to extend at least to June if not mid June.

by Anonymousreply 14April 25, 2020 5:47 PM

Yes there was a high number of deaths in Cal today. A Toyota plant in my state is going back on the 1st( why couldn’t it wait til Monday?) they probably had no problem getting gloves and masks. I heard my job (which employs over 1000 people)did so maybe they will wait a little longer

If our job is not safe and we refuse to work can we still get unemployment?

by Anonymousreply 15April 25, 2020 5:54 PM

Aww, poor OP...screaming on the "Sweden is Winning!" thread about wanting to go back to work, and now that he's being told to go back to work, he's screaming about that, too. I guess once a screamer, always a screamer.

Hypocrite much, OP/R63 of the Sweden thread/troll 5811/deplorabletrumptard?

by Anonymousreply 16April 25, 2020 6:00 PM

R1 killed it on this thread! I know that’s r1’s job, but he did it brilliantly this time!

Good show, Old Man.

by Anonymousreply 17April 25, 2020 6:05 PM

And now I see the truth all along... OP of this thread is not just R63, but the OP of the "Sweden is Winning" thread! So which is it, you want to be like Sweden, or you want to stay home, you ignorant deplorable trumptard trash?

by Anonymousreply 18April 25, 2020 6:06 PM

Thank you! I am actually a lady.

by Anonymousreply 19April 25, 2020 6:06 PM

Thanks for pointing that out r17. There are so many witty posters here you sometimes that them for granted.

by Anonymousreply 20April 25, 2020 6:08 PM

[quote] Thank you! I am actually a lady.

Ooh, my apologies.

Good show, Lass!

by Anonymousreply 21April 25, 2020 6:11 PM

I mean, you’re a troll R13, so...

by Anonymousreply 22April 25, 2020 6:20 PM

Does OP even know he has been marked as a troll?

OP - are you off your meds? What's going on with your mental health that you spray shit everywhere? Do you want attention or what?

And, yes, besides the Sweden thread, he was all over the place supporting opening up everything again. Funny how he is now concerned about going back to work - if it is true at all.

by Anonymousreply 23April 25, 2020 6:34 PM

I actually fell for it. Although in my neck of the woods a Toyota plant is going back on the first Monday in May.

by Anonymousreply 24April 25, 2020 6:46 PM

And another Truptard to block. Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 25April 25, 2020 9:36 PM

Business before people. We built that bed. Now we lie in it. Passively. You are expendable OP. They will share thoughts and prayers by the water cooler when you die and HR will get to considering your newly vacant position you had occupied.

by Anonymousreply 26April 25, 2020 10:08 PM

OP, can I have your things?

I’ve got my eye on that cool name tag with the Dynamo label on it.

by Anonymousreply 27April 25, 2020 11:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!