Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

They're doing the Jesse Valencia story on Dateline right now

He was an openly gay college student who was killed by a closeted cop he was hooking up with

by Anonymousreply 14April 28, 2020 6:02 AM

Watching now. WHET Stone Phillips?

by Anonymousreply 1April 25, 2020 1:42 AM

I went to MU and fled a few years before Jesse was murdered. When I read about the case, I was not surprised.

There were many gay guys in Columbia, Missouri, but they treated each other horribly because they hated themselves, and the town was overrun with psycho hillbillies who would spit at you and call you "fag" as you walked by. The school is surrounded by very poor rural towns. Think of attending school on the set of Deliverance.

If the armpit of the United States had an armpit, it would be Columbia, Missouri.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 25, 2020 1:51 AM

I just watched it. Wow, the cop's (ex) wife is still in denial that he did it.

Here's the streaming link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 26, 2020 2:04 AM

I think the wife doesn't want her kid to grow up believing that his dad is a murderer, so she continues the fiction that he was falsely accused

by Anonymousreply 4April 26, 2020 2:08 AM

Interesting story. I'll be watching the Dateline episode and taking notes for a possible miniseries on the case.

by Anonymousreply 5April 26, 2020 2:33 AM

Ryan, will Cody Fern be playing Jesse? With possibly Emma Roberts as the cop's wife who is living in denial?

by Anonymousreply 6April 26, 2020 2:33 AM

Damn, this kid was a whore!

He was banging four guys simultaneously, including a closeted cop?

Not that he deserved his fate, but facts are facts, and that schedule would be impressive for NYC, much less mid-Missouri.

by Anonymousreply 7April 26, 2020 8:40 AM

I thought it was 3 guys - who was the fourth?

by Anonymousreply 8April 26, 2020 5:41 PM

The cop

The rabbi's son

The guy he was fucking when the cop came over to have a threesome

And this guy, who testified at the trial:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9April 26, 2020 5:48 PM

Did the Rabbi's son ever come out?

by Anonymousreply 10April 26, 2020 5:51 PM

R9 The pictured was Jesse's boyfriend months prior to the affair with Rios. I don't think it's uncommon for young guys to experiment with multiple partners, even in Missouri. Columbia is a pretty open college town for being a red state. I grew up here & knew Jesse very well.

by Anonymousreply 11April 27, 2020 7:34 PM

[quote]I think the wife doesn't want her kid to grow up believing that his dad is a murderer

You mean she doesn't want her kid to grow up knowing his dad is a fag

by Anonymousreply 12April 27, 2020 7:37 PM

R7, and not too smart

Trying to extort a closeted cop is a pretty bad idea.

by Anonymousreply 13April 27, 2020 7:43 PM

Wow, sounds like the world lost a real Instaho ... I mean, great legal mind:

[quote]He dabbled in modeling after high school but later decided to attend MU and declared himself prelaw. His mother recalls him sitting down with her and his father, Lupe Valencia, to tell them he wanted to become an attorney.

[quote]Linda Valencia asked him what changed his mind, and his answer was quite practical.

[quote]“He said, ‘Right now, I’m gorgeous, and I know I look good. By the time I’m 30, I probably won’t look that good. ... But I can be an attorney, and it doesn’t matter what I look like,’” Linda Valencia said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14April 28, 2020 6:02 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!