Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

No Stimulus???

Even if you filed your 2018 or 2019 taxes electronically, that doesn't mean the IRS can direct-deposit the money into your bank account. You must have also received a refund in those years via direct deposit to get the money delivered automatically. The IRS is not using bank account information it may have used to withdraw from your account if you owed money.

by Anonymousreply 18April 25, 2020 11:59 PM

A lot of guys are being surprised that child support is not exempt from the 'stimulus' check. And some banks and credit unions are going ahead with using it to compensate for negative/overdrawn balances.

by Anonymousreply 1April 19, 2020 4:48 AM

If they don't have your bank info, they're mailing checks starting next Friday.

by Anonymousreply 2April 19, 2020 4:51 AM
by Anonymousreply 3April 19, 2020 12:39 PM

Yes, I received confirmation that since I did not get a refund in 2018 (or due one this year), my check will be mailed April 24. This according to the "Get My Payment" tool on the Irs.gov page.

by Anonymousreply 4April 19, 2020 4:28 PM

I had to provide my direct deposit info, since I didn't get a refund the past two years. Now I'm waiting on a payment date.

by Anonymousreply 5April 19, 2020 4:40 PM

My handyman filed taxes in both years, the site says they have his correct account on file. He banks with BofA.

He got no money. He is not especially internet savvy. I’ve tried to help him but everything I’ve read says he should have his money. He called BofA and they don’t know anything.

by Anonymousreply 6April 19, 2020 4:47 PM

The site says A deposit was sent, listed the correct bank account number and even had a deposit date on April 15th but he got no money and the bank knows nothing.

I don’t think he will see that money anytime soon. All he can do is call the IRS and good luck getting anyone to answer.

by Anonymousreply 7April 19, 2020 4:55 PM

If you owe, no dinero.

by Anonymousreply 8April 19, 2020 4:59 PM

Someone got to his money first.

by Anonymousreply 9April 19, 2020 6:09 PM

I want to know who has gotten their checks - which states. I'm in NY and I haven't. With everything else involving this disgusting admin, I wouldn't be surprised if states he needs for reelection are being made a priority while states like NY and NJ and CA that suffer the most are being made to wait.

by Anonymousreply 10April 20, 2020 5:13 PM

R10: I received mine last Wednesday. Work in NY, Live in NJ.

by Anonymousreply 11April 20, 2020 5:20 PM

The check is in the mail.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 20, 2020 5:28 PM

My situation is a combo of R4 & R5. I got a refund last year. I paid this year. No deposit last week. I checked the site and added my bank info Friday. Since then it says I will got a check mailed Friday. I have had the same BoA account since 1986.

by Anonymousreply 13April 20, 2020 5:47 PM

R11, I'm glad for you and I'm actually glad to be wrong that he's trying to fuck with blue states.

by Anonymousreply 14April 20, 2020 5:57 PM

R13 You've stuck with Bank of Assholes for 33 years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15April 20, 2020 6:50 PM

[quote]If you owe, no dinero.

WRONG.

by Anonymousreply 16April 25, 2020 5:19 PM

Don’t hold your breath.

by Anonymousreply 17April 25, 2020 11:07 PM

I got mine last week. Is in subject to income tax? In Massachusetts. I used TurboTax

by Anonymousreply 18April 25, 2020 11:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!