Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Janet's accolades may not be real

Someone keeps changing Janet's Wikipedia page to give credit for awards and chart positions she did not earn.

They are been caught inflating sales figures and chart positions.

Sample comments:

- Did not win those award categories according to the source references.

- There is a general consensus amongst editors to leave that inflated figure out

- MTV online polls aren't awards. The other was a plaque for concert attendees, not an award.

- Magazine lists and certifications that aren't award

- Janet is not the only artist in music to be nominated in 5 different genres. Donna Summer has nominations in Pop(4),Rock(3),Dance(3),R&B(3) & Gospel (3).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 24, 2020 12:37 AM

Janbot is preparing those gifs as we speak!

by Anonymousreply 1April 18, 2020 6:02 PM

That would be ridiculous because she had a lot of success in her career, there's absolutely no need to exagerate the number because the numbers are big by themselves

by Anonymousreply 2April 18, 2020 6:03 PM

Janbot's working at home overtime since she go canned from her job at the Biloxi Piggly Wiggly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 18, 2020 6:37 PM

OP that isn’t true though. Lmao. You’re just trying to start drama.

by Anonymousreply 4April 18, 2020 10:51 PM

I believe Jabba would stoop this low.

by Anonymousreply 5April 18, 2020 10:54 PM

[quote] OP that isn’t true though. Lmao. You’re just trying to start drama.

Anytime a user edits that page, it is logged in the "View History" section. It's the clear editors have been fighting over this page for many years. Fans are trying to give her credit for fake awards.

It's disappointing since we have been told she is the "Most awarded artist in history".

by Anonymousreply 6April 18, 2020 10:59 PM

OP, it's W I K I P E D I A.

Do you not understand what that means?

It's like saying your Craigslist hookup wasn't the 10 you thought he'd be.

Grain of salt, darling. The Gagastans and other pop singers all have the same shit on their profiles.

If you feel so passionate about it, complain to Wikipedia and ask them to semi protect it.

by Anonymousreply 7April 18, 2020 11:01 PM

R6, according to many pop music forums, Janet's Wiki is edited/run by a Madonna stan. That's the issue.

by Anonymousreply 8April 22, 2020 4:43 AM

LOL More attempts to make Janet seem like a bigger deal than she was/is.

by Anonymousreply 9April 22, 2020 4:48 AM

LOL. ROFL. LLS.

by Anonymousreply 10April 22, 2020 4:49 AM

Janet has obsessed fans? Why, I don't believe a word of it.

by Anonymousreply 11April 22, 2020 5:07 AM

[quote] Janet's Wiki is edited/run by a Madonna stan

Have a source for that, R6?

Those online polls and "plaques" for concert attendees don't see like legitimate awards.

by Anonymousreply 12April 24, 2020 12:37 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!