Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Commercials You're Hating: Coronavirus Lockdown Edition

If I have to hear that fucking Alicia Keys Amazon commercial one more time...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600July 31, 2021 3:25 AM

Hate me if you want but I'm sick of all the fucking huge companies trying to show their compassion during this crisis, especially banks and insurance companies! They all praise health care people on the 'front line'. They humble-brag about how much they're contributing to various causes -- what is a few million dollars to a gazillion dollar insurance company that's been feeding off of us for years? Like, I said, hate me if you want. These ads are for their own glory and good. Right now, I think my favorite is Lexus. Yep, they care a lot for us now...

by Anonymousreply 1April 18, 2020 6:57 AM

The stupid GEICO commercial that’s supposed to be a blooper reel of the gecko.

Grating.

by Anonymousreply 2May 5, 2020 10:39 PM

If I had a dollar for every commercial I see with the phrase "in these uncertain times", I'd be rich.

And yeah, the "blooper" Geico commercial really grates.

by Anonymousreply 3May 5, 2020 10:41 PM

Or "We are here for you...."

That Time Warner Speed Freaks bullshit...

by Anonymousreply 4May 5, 2020 10:57 PM

"During these difficult times..." we are here for you.

by Anonymousreply 5May 5, 2020 11:01 PM

The winner! And still champeen!

Liberty Mutual, for Limu Emu and Doug!!!

by Anonymousreply 6May 5, 2020 11:13 PM

The Spectrum commercials. Mostly because they are obviously non-union and the actors they hired have the humanity of yard gnomes. Usually I tune this shit out but in these uncertain times I am forced to watch.

Fuck Limu Emu & Doug. Up their butts. No lube.

by Anonymousreply 7May 5, 2020 11:15 PM

Descovy for Prep. I hate the drag queen, I hate the Lin-Manuel Miranda–wannabe, I hate the gay couple talking about their future, I hate the rapping and dancing, and I hate how long it is.

by Anonymousreply 8May 5, 2020 11:18 PM

"We're all in this together." No, we're not, bitch. Unless you're paying my bills, there is nothing "together" about this. I was laid off before the virus hit. I feel all alone.

by Anonymousreply 9May 5, 2020 11:21 PM

[quote]Fuck Limu Emu & Doug.

So funny you posted this. I was just thinking earlier today about how much I hate those Limu commercials. Not funny or clever, just stupid and annoying.

by Anonymousreply 10May 5, 2020 11:25 PM

Some pharma product where they keep singing ABC by the Jackson Five, but instead use the name of the product. Annoying as fuck, and clearly does not work because I can’t remember the name of the medication if my life depended on it.

by Anonymousreply 11May 5, 2020 11:45 PM

Nothing will ever be worse than this,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 5, 2020 11:48 PM

Lerner & Rowe love the doctors and nurses! Fuck those ambulance chasing cunts, especially Lerner with his obnoxiously huge cross around his neck,

by Anonymousreply 13May 5, 2020 11:53 PM

[quote] Fuck Limu Emu & Doug. Up their butts. No lube.

Ok, Doug, maybe. But the bird? Nah.

That’s just fowl.

by Anonymousreply 14May 5, 2020 11:54 PM

Saw the My Pillow asshole hawking a book in a new commercial yesterday. Would love to take a baseball bat to that fucker’s teeth.

by Anonymousreply 15May 5, 2020 11:55 PM

DAISY DAISY DAISY DAISY DAISY DAISY DAISY. Marc Jacobs.

by Anonymousreply 16May 6, 2020 12:31 AM

ARRRRGH I hate that commercial r16. It's so fake and Children of the Corn.

by Anonymousreply 17May 6, 2020 12:50 AM

That ASPCA commercial with the abused, neglected and sad looking young animals. It’s heartbreaking but what the fuck can I do? I can’t adopt 8 fucking cats.

I’m not a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 18May 6, 2020 6:22 PM

R12 my husband and I each keep a remote nearby in case that commercial pops up and one of us is out of the room. K4K always seems to air once an hour during tax time and holidays.

Yesterday I was watching DIY and a Trump 2020 commercial came on. I hate election years, especially since NYC gets ads from the entire Tristate area, but I get the feeling this year is going to be the worst ever in terms of commercial saturation.

by Anonymousreply 19May 6, 2020 6:37 PM

Any and all progressive commercials.

by Anonymousreply 20May 6, 2020 6:47 PM

The often played stupidity of Plexaderm

by Anonymousreply 21May 6, 2020 6:52 PM

r21 The "models" used in that commercial are so horrifying I cannot believe they sell any product at all.

by Anonymousreply 22May 6, 2020 7:12 PM

I agree, R21 + R22. But I'm sure there are nitwits who overlook the "model" is slightly squinting in the "before" image to make the "after" image better. Jeebus, people are stupid.

by Anonymousreply 23May 6, 2020 7:18 PM

This godamned commercial is maddening in its late night repetitive airing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24May 6, 2020 11:17 PM

The Joe Namath one where he’s shilling for some Medicare gap plan. It’s endless and they play it over and over and over. Looks really sleazy.

How much longer can they keep playing these “we’re all in this together” crap when most of the country has already bolted out the door in search of hamburgers and haircuts and to hell with the rest of us. Really chaps my ass.

by Anonymousreply 25May 7, 2020 12:12 AM

I wish everyone with mesothelioma would just die already.

by Anonymousreply 26May 7, 2020 12:25 AM

The Calm app that shows a tree with water dripping off of the branches and the gentle sound of rain that you can barely hear.

Then after the 30 second countdown, some dumb bitch yells, "CALM!! DOWNLOAD THE FREE APP NOW!!"

by Anonymousreply 27May 7, 2020 12:30 AM

That robotic bitch Jan from Toyota "working from home," which I suspect is in fact a TV studio. It’s so fake, down to her messed up hairdo. She doesn’t have a comb at her house?

by Anonymousreply 28May 7, 2020 12:30 AM

Reviving this thread.

1. The Teams commercial with that Brit who is “living on Teams.” Microsoft has more money than God. Can’t they spring for another damn commercial? They’ve been running this one for the past two and a half months.

2. The GEICO commercials with the clogging and the rock band.

3. “Safe drivers save forty percent” — repeated over and over and over again. Its enough to drive you fucking insane.

by Anonymousreply 29May 29, 2020 1:25 AM

“Safe drivers save 40%.” “That’s totally him!”

If I have to hear that FUCKING commercial ONE more time.....!

by Anonymousreply 30May 29, 2020 1:31 AM

Humira "Nothing is everything!" Hate that song!

PediaSure commercial with the kid who talks too fast. So annoying!

by Anonymousreply 31May 29, 2020 1:38 AM

Hearing this makes me want to hurl my TV out of the window. Plus I hate how the mom just smiles as her frightened kids steals the blanket.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32May 29, 2020 2:22 AM

The motaur commercial for Progressive, which pretends the Motaur is cool and not horrifying.

by Anonymousreply 33May 29, 2020 2:51 AM

Another:

ANY commercial that uses that fucking mournful dreck “Better Days” by OneRepublic. I never want to hear that song ever again. Never.

by Anonymousreply 34May 30, 2020 1:32 AM

Any commercial for prescription medication.

by Anonymousreply 35May 30, 2020 2:06 AM

I want to kill and roast Limu Emu.

by Anonymousreply 36May 30, 2020 2:09 AM

Not Doug?

by Anonymousreply 37May 30, 2020 3:58 AM

I would be happy to kill Doug but have no desire to roast him.

by Anonymousreply 38May 30, 2020 4:17 AM

Is anyone else disturbed by the series of Amazon commercials with employees creaming themselves over what a fantastic company Amazon is to work for? I question whether they're actual employees or just actors but either way the commercials are just astoundingly blatant propaganda.

I'm reminded of this old Mad TV sketch

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39June 6, 2020 2:29 AM

Tom Selleck and reverse mortgages.

Why does he need to do this, hasn't he been on some cop show for years that is also in syndication?

by Anonymousreply 40June 6, 2020 2:43 AM

I remain utterly entranced by the Shriners commercials, particularly as see Kaleb emerge as a star!

by Anonymousreply 41June 6, 2020 3:02 AM

No adowable bwanket for you, r41!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42June 6, 2020 3:30 AM

Yes R39. When a company knows they have major PR issues, they resort to “selling” their employees. It is so blatantly hypocritical and such bullshit. Fuck Amazon.

by Anonymousreply 43June 6, 2020 3:34 AM

I'm annoyed by those Panda Express commercials. You know, the ones where they sing popular English songs in Chinese (Cantonese?). That worked the first time, but now it's a tiresome gimmick.

by Anonymousreply 44June 6, 2020 6:38 AM

I like to punch that 40 yr old midget and strangle Caleb with that adorable blanket

by Anonymousreply 45June 6, 2020 8:41 AM

R45 actually he’s not 40, but a high school student—he goes to the one I attended 40 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 46June 6, 2020 2:32 PM

Another vote for those "Apart, together." Commercials where they Zoom out and everyone is on Zoom. Can we get back to real life please??

by Anonymousreply 47June 6, 2020 2:34 PM

I appreciated the message of those “Seize the Awkward” commercials the first 17 times I saw them. Now they grate.

by Anonymousreply 48June 6, 2020 2:38 PM

Is that Ahbed from Community in that Descovy for PReP commercial? Only thing is he has a deep Brooklyn accent. I know for sure Simone from Head Of the Class is in another one of those medication commercials with her granddaughter I’m guessing. She’s still kind of pretty. If it were her costar Dennis it’d probably be for some kind of teen foot blister medication commercial since he has a thing for teenage toes.

by Anonymousreply 49June 7, 2020 3:52 AM

Shriners is running a very old commercial in which Alec looks like a young kid. Maybe they're trying to make sure he still gets paid, since he's kind of aged out of the spokesperson role an been replaced with Caleb.

by Anonymousreply 50June 7, 2020 4:20 AM

The Crunch bar commercial with a mixed race family. It’s just so fucking stupid and not creative at all.

Mom: Hi. I’m Joanna. And our favorite bar is Crunch.

Weird androgynous looking kid in a baseball uniform, eating a piece of chocolate: Mmmm, crunchy.

The end.

by Anonymousreply 51June 7, 2020 4:31 AM

R32, it bugs me that the mom's blanket smells like lavender, but the kid's doesn't, and that she lets him go back to bed by himself instead of getting her lazy ass up and walking her frightened child back (or at least cuddling him for a minute before he goes).

by Anonymousreply 52June 7, 2020 5:16 AM

R52, I asked myself, "Why doesn't she just invite the kid to sleep in her bed for one night...or at least until the storm is over, and then carry him back to his own bed?"

That creepy, trying-to-hard-to-be-cute song annoys me, too.

by Anonymousreply 53June 7, 2020 6:04 AM

Those Sonic commercials with that Jonathan Lipnike knockoff wannabe looking more like Drew Carey’s bastard son. In the first commercial with Sufjan Stevens playing in the background you could not understand a damn word he’s saying. Sounds like a nervous swan before being made into a Björk dress only with glasses 🤓 How I long for those older commercials however. Well Sonic does sell Red Bull smoothies so in a way it makes sense that he’s so off the wall batshit bonkers.

by Anonymousreply 54June 7, 2020 10:24 AM

I can’t stand one more commercial that uses Zoom or Microsoft Teams or whatever. The novelty lasted about five minutes and that was two months ago.

by Anonymousreply 55June 7, 2020 3:16 PM

That Downey commercial btw....There’s this episode of Friends where Phoebe purposely tries to get herself sick to have this sexy rasp in her voice. The way the lady “singing” in that commercial to sound all hipster millennial songwriter, it sounds like she went overboard. If the bitch doesn’t have covid by now I’d be amazed. Reminds me of that douche singing in the Trident gum commercial trying desperately to sound like Peter Gabriel where the boy plays chess with the old man.

by Anonymousreply 56June 8, 2020 2:00 AM

Sometimes I think over half of the commercials are either drug companies peddling drugs, or lawyers suing those drug companies because the drugs they sell are defective.

by Anonymousreply 57June 8, 2020 2:16 AM

The other half are insurance companies.

by Anonymousreply 58June 8, 2020 3:12 AM

Any commercial that has a Zoom-like conference call. Like it's bad enough we have to deal with that in real life, we don't need to see it in commercials, too. And often the audio is poorly done because I think they are actually using real webcam video.

It's crazy how many ads the insurance companies are running. Methinks they have too much money.

by Anonymousreply 59June 8, 2020 4:21 AM

R49 Do you mean Christopher Rivas?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60June 8, 2020 5:23 AM

Charmin has upped the cringe factor in their commercials with the cartoon bears. The latest one shows the bears sitting and rubbing their butts against the chair in a very gross manner. The voice-over says something about "Is your present TP not getting you clean enough and causing you some itchiness. You will not have that problem if you use Charmin". Do not want to think about some bear scratching his nasty butthole.

Another thing - these Charmin ads always have the male bear having itchy butt or skidmarked underwear. Do the female bears not get butt problems? I suspect that they know that women mostly buy the TP and they don't want to show them looking nasty... gotta keep the buyers happy.

by Anonymousreply 61June 8, 2020 5:43 PM

No, women usually don’t have “those” problems. That’s why they can wear thong underwear easier.

Men wipe like they’re doing long division: they always leave a remainder.

by Anonymousreply 62June 8, 2020 6:52 PM

I think the Charmin ads use the male bears as the problematic ones because they can just focus on the butt. If they bring females into the equation they will have to delve into the fact that women use the product to wipe TWO areas and that may take the product into a realm that could be seen as erotic... in the minds of really immature people.

by Anonymousreply 63June 8, 2020 7:30 PM

R62 — That’s called “residoo-doo.”

by Anonymousreply 64June 8, 2020 7:31 PM

Totally agreed R39. If you're such a great company and you hail your employees as heroes, then you should have doubled their wages and provided them with PPE during the frickin' pandemic AMAZON.

Those Kaiser Permanente commercials with Allison Janney's voice droning on and on about how we need to wash up and we'll be together again, blah, blah, blah. Gee thanks Allison for reminding me to wash my hands and stay clean. I kind of already do that as a normal, functioning human being but thanks for the reminder anyway. It's not so much the commercial itself that's annoying, but the fact that it gets played every two minutes on TV. STOP, we get it.

The other celebrity voice commerical that annoys me is the one with Phylicia Rashad for American Family Insurance. It's the same droning voice and the same replay over and over and over again. It's like they're trying to brainwash us.

by Anonymousreply 65June 8, 2020 7:56 PM

Ads for cheap cremations, nicotine gum, bleach and disinfectant. They don't mention Covid but they hope to profit from it.

by Anonymousreply 66June 8, 2020 8:03 PM

Those stupid Progressive ads.

by Anonymousreply 67June 8, 2020 8:08 PM

1-877- Kars for Kids. Donate your car today.

by Anonymousreply 68June 18, 2020 2:05 PM

"We are here for you". (And then, we'll remove "for you" and just be "here".)

by Anonymousreply 69June 18, 2020 2:37 PM

I'm also tired of all those commercials showing adults doing silly things on iPhone cameras during the lockdown.

A prime contender:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70June 18, 2020 2:39 PM

The Dominos commercial with the chubby kid at the end who’s all “I’m just glad I don’t have to share with you guys anymore!” Always wondered what Cartman would look like in real life minus the hat and coat. Physically he’s not thar bad yet but by his selfish tone he’s definitely headed that way.

by Anonymousreply 71June 19, 2020 5:13 AM

R46 I bet he ask his teacher "pass me and you'll get this adorable blanket "

by Anonymousreply 72June 23, 2020 10:46 PM

R21 was thinking the same way too. Also thinking why is domino's preaching selfishness. Like to throw that pizza on that child's face

by Anonymousreply 73June 23, 2020 10:54 PM

R54 that sonic commercial I would of dump that poindexter kid in the dumpster.

by Anonymousreply 74June 23, 2020 10:56 PM

The iPad pro commercial with the Garfunkel and Oates soundalike song. Seriously G&O should sue

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75June 24, 2020 12:59 AM

[quote] l I would of dump

Oh, dear x2!

by Anonymousreply 76June 24, 2020 1:49 PM

Fuck you, TD BANK!!

Just saw their LGBT commercial ostensibly in support of Pride month.

Here’s what it said:

[quote]...when trans people of color stood up to the police...

Fuck you right in your trans-loving ass!

by Anonymousreply 77June 26, 2020 11:45 PM

Oh! Oh! Oh! Ozempic!

by Anonymousreply 78June 27, 2020 12:20 AM

R78, this is me WWing you 1,000 times.

by Anonymousreply 79June 27, 2020 2:35 AM

The men’s Dove 3 in 1 bar soap commercial. The douche in the commercial has one of those Mr. Sheffield streaks in his hair so it looks like he’s a moron who got soap in his hair. Who’s idea is it to hire someone with a streak in his hair for a soap commercial where he’s washing his face?

by Anonymousreply 80June 29, 2020 6:19 AM

The Advil demonic coffee house version of Praise You. Can we please have a moratorium on female singers with flat affect and slowed down, funereal versions of pop songs?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81June 29, 2020 6:36 AM

The GEICO ad with the people standing by as some HOA cunt vandalizes their home.

by Anonymousreply 82June 29, 2020 6:46 AM

I actually love that one, r82.

It’s hysterical with just a touch of realism.

by Anonymousreply 83June 30, 2020 1:07 PM

[quote] Who’s idea is it

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 84June 30, 2020 1:07 PM

Gap will never be surpassed!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85June 30, 2020 3:15 PM

Everybody In Cords! (1999)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86June 30, 2020 3:16 PM

There's a commercial for toothpaste (I think) with that annoying DJ Khaled. DJK shows up in some guys bathroom and give him pointers on brushing his teeth correctly. I detest DJK and always wonder why he's "famous" - no personality and a fame whore and questionable DJ skills and I'm hoping his 15 minutes is up soon than later. The less I see him, the better.

by Anonymousreply 87June 30, 2020 5:48 PM

It's a GEICO ad, r87.

by Anonymousreply 88June 30, 2020 7:47 PM

I like that one too R83. I always crack up when the neighbor pushing the stroller says to the couple "I see you've met Cynthia".

by Anonymousreply 89July 5, 2020 3:05 AM

Who watches commercials? Just DVR everything and fast-forward through the commercials. You guys are stuck in the year 2000, eh?

by Anonymousreply 90July 5, 2020 3:07 AM

R 48: Another vote for those seize the awkward moment commercials . I might be oversensitive, mentally ill, or both but that MUSIC they play and the SET seems to trivialize an important issue AND I expect to see Vincent price lurking in the background

by Anonymousreply 91July 5, 2020 3:27 AM

I wish they would rerun the Geico commercial where Peter Pan flies into a school reunion “Hey you look great. Not a day over seventy , am I rught ?”

by Anonymousreply 92July 5, 2020 3:33 AM

R92 I thought that Peter was cute

by Anonymousreply 93July 5, 2020 8:10 AM

The Ocrevus commercials that starts off with the lady writing a letter to her M.S. Who writes letters to their diseases? “Dear the Clap, Dear nail fungus, Dear ringworm”, like wtf? Is it supposed to be empowering or something? Did the ad reps get together in some meeting and came to this conclusion? 🤷🏻

by Anonymousreply 94July 6, 2020 9:36 PM

I hate that damned"safe drivers save 40%" campaign and, by extension, the actor Dennis Hassel-whateverthefuckhisnameis!

If your commercial annoys me, I will not buy your product. Get it!

by Anonymousreply 95July 6, 2020 10:02 PM

This new Reynolds Wrap commercial with this ukulele, twee, girly, songwriter jingle reeks of Zoey Deschanel. Sounds like those songs they’d play for Target or the new iPod commercial from back in the day. Obnoxiously sugary even for j or k-pop.

by Anonymousreply 96July 6, 2020 10:50 PM

I hate the commercial for Coffee Mate in which the guy says “I’ve had a cup or two... hundred.” Really? 200 cups is a lot of coffee? That’s not even a cup per day for a year.

by Anonymousreply 97July 12, 2020 3:28 PM

I want every commercial featuring the Liberty Mutual Insurance guy, his Emu, "Flo" from Progressive, her little crew, and anything with that gecko... I want them all to be burned in a massive dumpster fire.

I hate them. I hate them all. The insufferable insurance commercials attempting to be campy or cutesy... it's just... ENOUGH already!!!

by Anonymousreply 98July 12, 2020 3:48 PM

That durge of the song "praise you" where Advil is "praising" all the healthcare workers.... Basically playing to all the fame-whoring nurses who've spent the last five months posting Facebook and TikTok videos showing them "dancing off the stress"... I dont' know what I hate more, famewhore nurses, the commercial or the awful singer who takes a great song and makes it some creepy goth like funeral song.

by Anonymousreply 99July 12, 2020 3:55 PM

The Loan Depot commercial... “Just staying home with my family, working hard...we all are so grateful...”. So smarmy and fake.

by Anonymousreply 100July 12, 2020 4:47 PM

The commercials for those new bank cards (Chime and Greenlight are two of them) that have people boasting "I get my paycheck two days earlier than my coworkers!". They phrase it like it's some miracle, like the money comes out of thin air and it's "extra" cash that helps them pay bills or spend for fun. If you have any sense, you realize that it's the SAME MONEY they always have and even if they get it 1-2 days earlier. It 's not some windfall - it's a marketing ploy. I always wonder who falls for that crap.

by Anonymousreply 101July 12, 2020 5:02 PM

I fucking hate this new Heineken COVID commercial. That over-the-top braying rendition of "That's Life" by Sinatra at the end makes me want to smash my TV.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102July 12, 2020 5:36 PM

State Farm. Liked how they included a cameo by the original Jake, who is still toiling away at his cubicle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103July 12, 2020 5:42 PM

WE STICK TOGETHER IN ANY OLD KIND OF WEATHER...YOU’RE MY FRENEMY

okay I can’t understand what they’re singing but death to shouty children’s choirs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104July 12, 2020 8:19 PM

Amy Schumer playing with tampons

by Anonymousreply 105July 12, 2020 8:26 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106July 12, 2020 8:28 PM

What are you wearing, Jake from State Farm? Um, khakis.

by Anonymousreply 107July 14, 2020 6:21 AM

The PlutoTV platform runs ads every 5 minutes, and they always include this goddamn "I. Bought. A. Van!" spot. Apparently this is part one of a series, but this is the only one they show. By the 10th viewing, I want to punch that ugly guy's Chicklet teeth out! Is there any way to tell my "smart" TV to stop showing me this fucking ad?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108July 20, 2020 11:20 PM

I have always hated the singing of the 1-877-KARS4KIDS jingle... I get that it’s going for a “regular person singing” vibe, but the kid on the one I heard today sounded particularly unpleasant.

by Anonymousreply 109July 21, 2020 3:54 AM

Things are gettin' clearer & I feel free. Fucked up skin Yeah, that's on me.

Nothing and me go hand in hand... nothing on my skin, that’s my new plan. Nothing is everything!

I see nothing in a different way and it’s my moment so I just gotta say...

NOTHING IS EVERYTHIIIIING.

by Anonymousreply 110July 21, 2020 5:18 AM

That Franzia box wine commercial using the Thank You For Being a Friend song.

by Anonymousreply 111July 21, 2020 11:49 PM

I feel your pain SOOOO much, r110.

by Anonymousreply 112July 21, 2020 11:57 PM

I pretty much hate every commercial from corporations telling me how I should feel about the coronavirus.

by Anonymousreply 113July 22, 2020 12:41 AM

I hate the Progressive Insurance commercials. I have them for insurance and I'm ready to cancel my policy because of their shitty commercials. The Bigfoot one is okay, the rest suck and are so fucking annoying

by Anonymousreply 114July 22, 2020 1:51 AM

Their current radio commercials are just as annoying r114.

by Anonymousreply 115July 23, 2020 12:48 AM

Amy Pohler in that damn Xfinity “threat” commercial. Bitch, shut the fuck up, and leave the damn dog, Abby, alone.

by Anonymousreply 116July 28, 2020 2:52 AM

Trumpy Bear and the drug ad with the mom playing make believe with her daughter because this miracle pill gets rid of her depression and allows her to spend every second playing pirate or monster robot with her kid.

by Anonymousreply 117July 28, 2020 3:06 AM

I cringe every time I see that damned Tena Intimates ad with the lovely woman purring at herself in the mirror and talking about her vaginal skin.

Delightful!

by Anonymousreply 118July 28, 2020 3:15 AM

I loathe any commercial based on the pretext that we're all happily in the process of getting "back to normal." Our national death and infection rates have never been worse, but the circus-peanut-in-chief doesn't like how that makes him look, so companies are hopping on this bullshit bandwagon of "Good thing THAT'S over, huh?" just to get their customers back.

My work from home orders have just been extended until at least the end of this year, masks became mandatory in my county last month, I'm more worried than ever for my elderly parents in Florida, and fucking Applebee's is running a "Welcome back, America!" ad.

by Anonymousreply 119July 28, 2020 2:40 PM

That little girl or demon spawn, whatever, in that Shaqeroni Papa Johns commercial at 25 seconds in? Omg she scares the bejesus out of me. I know Shaw likes to shill more than anyone but Shan’s exorcism?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120August 17, 2020 10:46 PM

Shaq’s Exorism that is, thanks for ruining it spell check 🙄🙄🙄

by Anonymousreply 121August 17, 2020 11:00 PM

This is annoying in the typical Liberty Mutual way. But what makes this particularly surreal for me is that the voice coming out of the overweight, middle age sketch artist sounds to be Swoozie Kurtz. Why?

And then I think to myself, nah, that just sounds like Swoozie Kurtz. But no, it is definitely Swoozie. Right?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122August 17, 2020 11:11 PM

Sorry R122, I don't hear it. She doesn't sound like Swoozie Kurtz to me, though the hair color is similar.

by Anonymousreply 123August 18, 2020 6:59 PM

Have they retired Flo from Progressive?

by Anonymousreply 124August 18, 2020 7:01 PM

[quote] Have they retired Flo from Progressive?

Oh, God, no. She’s on constantly.

by Anonymousreply 125August 19, 2020 1:06 AM

"Condoms, Charlie. She wants to know if you brought any." I laughed the first time I saw it but it's been played out by now.

by Anonymousreply 126August 19, 2020 1:26 AM

The Statefarm commercial with that poor mans Nick Offerman.

by Anonymousreply 127September 2, 2020 10:44 PM

“Ronnabe Swanson” 😝

by Anonymousreply 128September 4, 2020 5:46 PM

I don't watch broadcast TV so I don't have to suffer through commercials. Fortunately, I created a video collection so all my TV viewing is DVD, sans advertising.

That being said, in regards to the statement how companies are playing out on false sympathy, I walked by a Duane Reed recently and noticed a sign that said, "You will always have a home at Duane Reed". I shouted out, "Yeah? Where's my bedroom?"

by Anonymousreply 129September 4, 2020 5:49 PM

"Papa Murphy's presents: how to change the way you peet-ZAAAH."

"Papa Murphy's. Change the way you peet-ZAAAH!"

by Anonymousreply 130September 4, 2020 5:56 PM

Don't know the exact product but the one for the shingles vaccine featuring he middle-ages couple.

Voice-over: "You can now get a vaccine for shingles"

Woman: "WHAAAAaaaaAAAAT?!?"

Man enters: "What is it honey?"

Woman: "You can now get a vaccine for shingles."

Man: "WHAAAAaaaaAAAAT?!?"

by Anonymousreply 131September 4, 2020 6:29 PM

Giving myself an "Oh dear" for the typos

by Anonymousreply 132September 4, 2020 6:30 PM

There's a National Rifle Association anti-Biden ad that keeps showing up on my YouTube feed in which a woman is being chased by a couple of men. She gets in her car and reaches for a hand gun, which is just lying out there. Then there's a cut away, the hand gun is gone and broken glass blows into the shot. I still can't figure out what's supposed to have happened. Did she shoot the bad guys through her car window? Did the hand gun magically disappear because Joe Biden took it away and the bad guys broke her window? Why is she trying to shoot the guys instead of just driving away?

by Anonymousreply 133September 4, 2020 6:36 PM

In general I'm tired of these gonzo-themed, outlandish commercials that usually feature:

-Some completely bonkers situation - person or persons calmly sitting without reaction to the situation

Liberty Mutual, Geico, Progressive, Little Caesars, there are just too many of them!

by Anonymousreply 134September 4, 2020 8:56 PM

I’m sick of Alphonso on the Devoto drug commercial. It’s like watching a full-length movie.

by Anonymousreply 135September 13, 2020 12:22 AM

"It should not be taken by children under 6 years of age, nor should it be taken by children age 6 to under 18".

by Anonymousreply 136September 13, 2020 1:00 AM

R119--Amen, Mate!

by Anonymousreply 137September 13, 2020 1:06 AM

R131, I had no idea what you were talking about.

Now that commercial is seemingly everywhere. I hate it too and think of you whenever I see it.

by Anonymousreply 138September 13, 2020 5:57 PM

The ad for a product called FemiClear, a yeast infection remedy. The ad shows two women in a yoga class, where one happily says that her "hooha" is happy because she fixed her yeast problem. What pushes this to the edge of tasteless is that the victim does these yoga poses, legs spread, right in her friends face. I guess this is to highlight that her vag is fresh and clean and doesn't have a bread odor anymore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139September 15, 2020 6:35 PM

This Toyota commercial where they play Bob Marley and the truck stops upon a Buffalo. What makes it so bad? They didn’t play Buffalo Soldier. WTF! The commercial had written itself if they had only played the right song.

by Anonymousreply 140September 21, 2020 9:20 AM

The ad with Dr. James Kojian. What is up with his face?

by Anonymousreply 141September 21, 2020 4:33 PM

The one the straights might like that’s super distracting is this gum commercial where this lady wakes up her daughter but the mother’s tits are so huge I can’t tell if she pushes or tugs at her to wake her or if one of her giant knockers doesn’t smack her in the face to wake her. Don’t think I’ve ever seen a black lady with tits that enormous. It’s supposed to promote friendship and caring and sharing but all I see are those melons so I’m wondering if it’s for like watermelon flavored gum or something cause that would connect things together a little better I suppose 🤔

by Anonymousreply 142September 22, 2020 4:03 AM

👇🏻

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143September 23, 2020 8:19 AM

I hate those sad, red-eye warned out front-line medical workers. I don't even know what the commercial is selling, other than sad, tired, looking folks during COVID. I always fast-forward, because it seems to glorify the weariness of the profession.

by Anonymousreply 144September 23, 2020 8:41 AM

The one with Idina Menzel shrieking. I don't even know what it's selling because I'm always distracted by Idina shrieking.

by Anonymousreply 145September 23, 2020 6:05 PM

What dud ut tyake fur me ta bit lumphoma? Ut tyook en uncorrect d’yagnosus, a fyailed styum-sull trensplent, en one cyall to Um Dee Yendersun Cyencer Sinner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146September 24, 2020 1:51 AM

That kid who’s cute and all but he asks his cancer ridden girlfriend to the prom but before that he gets his head shaved. He was cutest at first before telling the barber “shorter” than again the barber thinks he’s done, “shorter.” Than the barber frustrated says “that would be a shave!” I totally get his frustration though cause he came in and didn’t even tell the barber he wanted a completely bare scalp. He’s pretty so he can get away with it but the rest of the commercial is so sappy from the music to the cancer girls reaction. Shown quite frequently as of late but if it weren’t for the eye candy I’d lose my mind from seeing it so much.

It’s not as bad as the father dropping his daughter off to the dorm before they play Celine’s Because You Loved Me. Very “Butterfly Kisses” cheesy sap but the fact that they didn’t play actual “Butterfly Kisses” tells you they already knew it was corny enough as it is. The dialogue was even more horrid like it was made to be shown on the 700 Club or something.

by Anonymousreply 147October 18, 2020 7:13 AM

[quote] before telling the barber “shorter” than again the barber thinks he’s done, “shorter.”

Oh, dear!

[quote]Than the barber frustrated says “that would be a shave!”

Oh, DEAR!

by Anonymousreply 148October 18, 2020 7:06 PM

Constant political attack ads

by Anonymousreply 149October 18, 2020 7:41 PM

There’s one for a car that’s on every god damn night.

It starts with a treacly song and a couple with a baby and ends with them almost getting creamed backing out of their driveway by a truck.

I now wish they would’ve gotten smashed by that fucking truck, except for the baby who I’m sure even he thinks the commercial is beneath him.

by Anonymousreply 150October 18, 2020 7:55 PM

I hate the COVID American Career College commercials with the tired faces of the front line workers. Agh!

by Anonymousreply 151October 19, 2020 9:41 AM

The Bitarvy HIV drug commercial with the big ugly tranny in the bad wig.

by Anonymousreply 152October 19, 2020 11:23 AM

Oh dear....how passive aggressive of you 👍👍 Good job. Anyway, I could have sworn one of the guys in the Popeyes commercial squeals after biting into their new sandwich. How does squealing make people want to buy a product?. Unless you’re selling banjos or something keep the squealing to your damn self. It’s creepy as hell.

Also recently heard someone on a commercial “millennialize” the song Time After Time. I know they loving slowing down popular songs but this ones kind of on the same pace just very hipster raspy voiced Cat Power/Feist/Fiona Apple stylized like every other popular song they cover in commercials these days.

Also my brother says they politicized a Vaseline commercial and made in all BLM. Im mean I guess Vaseline makes your skin less chappy but the fact that you even equate Vaseline with chappiness, they’ll probably say YOU ARE racist for thinking that. So you can’t complain, you can’t rationalize, so I guess you just go with it I guess. Fortunately it’s not being aired much since I haven’t even seen it but I hope it’s not as bad as that shaving cream politicized commercial from a year ago. That was brutal. I was expecting them to bust out Kamba ya ma Lord by the end.

by Anonymousreply 153October 21, 2020 7:04 AM

"Condoms, Charlie! She wants to know if you brought any condoms!" Keep waiting for someone to do a parody version. "My little girl is wondering if you're going to pork her in her old bedroom!"

by Anonymousreply 154October 21, 2020 6:33 PM

They've rolled out the Prevagen scarecrow again. It must be autumn!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155October 23, 2020 12:54 AM

The one where the guy thinks he’s gonna zoom with his wife’s friends but they all actually show up and he’s in his undies. Lots of interracial couples in these commercials lately (at least on the west coast, don’t know about the south) which I could by especially if the white girls are on the thicker side, but a straight brotha in righty whities? That’s stretching it....well so to speak and probably literally from what I’ve seen 😝

by Anonymousreply 156October 23, 2020 6:34 AM

Those annoying radio commercials with the "sooooooounds of ___________. The year is 2018/2019 and _____ is in a movie theater getting up to get some snacks. Excuse me excuse me excuse me

The ATT cell phone store girl.

by Anonymousreply 157October 23, 2020 7:13 AM

[quote] which I could by especially

How’s that now?

by Anonymousreply 158October 23, 2020 10:45 AM

👇🏻

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159October 26, 2020 1:50 PM

The Netspend commercial, they try to make it sound like it's not a prepaid debit card. and the fucking dork talking about flowers for his mom. He looks like a 12 year old in a suit

by Anonymousreply 160October 26, 2020 1:57 PM

I love my TIVO because it skips all commercials. I haven't seen a TV commercial in years

by Anonymousreply 161October 26, 2020 2:05 PM

The Chase ad with midget homophobe Kevin Hart screeching at his neighbor across the street that they...deserve something? Not sure. Anything with Kevin Hart I tune out.

The Amy Poehler ad where she basically does a home invasion showing off all the rooms with internet. I wish the homeowners would pull out a gun and shoot her in the face.

The Kinder Bueno ad where a white woman basically steals candy while everyone oohs and ahh.

by Anonymousreply 162October 26, 2020 2:08 PM

The Liberty Insurance commercials with the two black kids in awful afro wigs (why?) staring at a video game display looking like they have learning disabilities.

by Anonymousreply 163October 26, 2020 2:24 PM

R156, I have also noticed that there are many interracial couples in these commercials.

by Anonymousreply 164October 26, 2020 2:51 PM

The Kraft macaroni and cheese commercials with the obnoxious brats dictating what they will and will not eat, e.g. "then we'll just sleep here" after mother tells them they can't leave the table before eating all their vegetables or whatever.

Don't try these stunts at home, kids, especially during pandemic lockdown; there are no teachers to notice and report the palm prints on your faces the next day.

by Anonymousreply 165October 26, 2020 3:00 PM

Might we take a moment to give special thanks for, at the very least, the fact we're no longer seeing the precious "in this together" commercials we were being bombarded by just a few months ago? You remember; the ones with all the stay-at-home mommies and daddies doing precious things with their little preciouses? The fake 'home video" footage showing daddies trying to ballet dance with their little Skylars and Haleighs, mommies staging cheer signs from their windows, 'thanking" all the nurses? Complete with childlike yet oh-so-professionally designed Crayola type lettering? All while a somber yet hopeful baritone voice narrates in the background about how this is the time we're all really just "one family looking out for one another"?

Yes, let us at least give thanks for that.

by Anonymousreply 166October 26, 2020 3:01 PM

Any commercial where nurses are dancing or making 'heart hands', or doing anything other than their fucking jobs. I'm really sick of those.

by Anonymousreply 167October 26, 2020 3:05 PM

The wrinkle-guard one where the grandson sees his grandparents coming out of the closet with wrinkled clothes and he gets disgusted and runs off. It's so stupid. Then he sees them again and says, "Hey, popop", which is also very stupid.

by Anonymousreply 168October 26, 2020 6:22 PM

The one with that tacky blonde from "Shark Tank" who's hocking her equally tacky see-through purse that you can stick your mobile phone in.

by Anonymousreply 169October 26, 2020 7:57 PM

I hate the Leaf Filter commercials they show on CNN all the time, but I love the hot daddy spokesperson.

by Anonymousreply 170October 27, 2020 1:58 PM

R169 I love my purse! Only $19.99!

by Anonymousreply 171October 28, 2020 12:46 AM

R170....you mean the one whose eyes are so close together he only needs one lens in his sunglasses???

He looks like he’s missing a few chromosomes.

by Anonymousreply 172October 28, 2020 12:52 AM

I about die laughing whenever the Shriners Hospital ad comes on, thinking about you all. 😄

by Anonymousreply 173October 28, 2020 1:17 AM

Joe Fucking Namath hocking Medicare supplemental scams. Fuck!!!

by Anonymousreply 174October 28, 2020 1:36 AM

The ones that take place in an office and no one is wearing a mask.

by Anonymousreply 175October 28, 2020 1:43 AM

R173 They're ah-doe-abuhl!

by Anonymousreply 176October 28, 2020 10:21 AM

Wait until the ASPCA homeless pets get a load of their "I'll Stand By You" theme song being used by that other group. Baby, it's gonna be teeth, hair and eyeballs!

by Anonymousreply 177October 29, 2020 3:43 AM

The Skyrizi commercial. Absolutely stupid lyrics, and the obligatory millennial whoop at the end = ohhh ahhh ohh ahhh ohhhhh!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178October 29, 2020 8:47 AM

For kings, this queen, and you royals in between!

by Anonymousreply 179October 29, 2020 10:23 AM

So many commercials that seem to have the same annoying female vocalist with this annoying catch in her voice, as well as serious vocal fry. I first noticed it in those awful Phoenix University ads - we hated on those here before. After that, the voice seemed to be in every other commercial. Can’t be just me...

by Anonymousreply 180October 29, 2020 1:45 PM

Well, our deal Alfonso from the Dovato commercials - the Rastafarian queen who did the charity walk - has passed on and has been replaced by Kalvin (with a "K," kids), a twinky bleached blonde self-described "fitness buff" with a Flock of Seagulls haircut who does exercises in the garage with with his mom and bear husband and who gives presentations to co-workers in his role as PEER EDUCATOR.

by Anonymousreply 181October 30, 2020 12:35 AM

The Ask Marcum commercial featuring the high-powered cunty female executive marching to the elevator bank, her fearful toadies trailing behind her as she barks orders at them.

Every time I see that one, I get a sick feeling my stomach, remembering how much I despise the corporate world and how glad I am that I'm now working from home and don't have to be subject to that bullshit 5 days a week any longer.

by Anonymousreply 182October 30, 2020 11:18 AM

Is it true the lady with the giant knockers in that bubblegum commercial is only 15 years? I forgot the brand but it features one black girl who’s clearly a teenager and a girl who I thought was her mother. Anyway they’re in her room and from what I’ve read the big boobed friend is Swedish black like the Cherrys, Nenah and Eagle Eye. So it’s all about sharing and kind of being a tad preachy & trying to be all sentimental. Anyway if the girl really is 15 why are they even having her dress that provocatively like she’s trying out to be a Hooter waitress or something?

Only thing worse is this other I think insulin or diabetes related commercial where the girl is CLEARLY 7 or 8 and has the diabetic product in her pocket, only thing is you see more pocket than daisy duke shorts. Now why a 7 year old would even be wearing daisy dukes in the first place is disturbing enough in its own right

by Anonymousreply 183November 10, 2020 10:11 PM

👇👇👇👇

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184November 10, 2020 10:13 PM

Omnipad is the product with the 8 year old in daisy dukes. Shame on her parents. She’s gonna be a hand full. Watch out Maury.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185November 11, 2020 6:49 PM

That Emeril Arthritis medication commercial where the play an instrumental version of Supergrass’ Alright depresses the hell out of me. One of the famous lines is “we are young” cause them, Ash, Bis, Shampoo, Kenickie, etc. all these up and coming britpop acts were teenagers when their earliest singles came out, now they’re being played in Arthritis commercials. Way to make us feel ancient 😔

by Anonymousreply 186November 15, 2020 8:03 PM

The one with the little girl with the missing teeth yelling and mocking the race car driver. If she really grows up to be as big a nascar fan as she seems to be in this commercial I’m sure she’s gonna be that loud all her life, and the missing teeth? Well isn’t she already part of their core audience? 😝

by Anonymousreply 187November 17, 2020 4:08 AM

👆🏻👆🏻👆🏻👆🏻Domino’s

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188November 17, 2020 4:26 AM

Pretty much all Volvo commercials, but the currently airing "Blow a Kiss" tops my list in the Can't-Get-To-The-Mute-Button-Fast-Enough category. I hate it even more now that my Google search for the song title (you know, in case it wasn't "We Need Someone to Lean On") took me down this rabbit hole: 1. There are six people listed as songwriters; 2. One of those six geniuses needs four names, William Sami Etienne Grigahcine, and is also known as DJ Snake; 3. There was all that writing, some remixing, rewriting, and rearrranging after which it was offered to and rejected by Rihanna and then Nicki Minaj before being recorded by Major Lazer; 4. Per Wikipedia, "An ethereal version of the song, recorded by Squeak E Clean Studios with vocal by Kit Conway, is used as background music for a series of television commercials for the 2020 Volvo XC90 plug-in hybrid automobile"; and, 5. The lyrics were changed for the commercial to "blow a kiss into the sun" (is that a thing?) from "blow a kiss, fire a gun." That last one at least gave me a chuckle when I read a Reddit poster who wrote, "I think they changed the lyrics because they knew they'd inspire a bunch of us to get guns and shoot people driving Vulvas." Yes, written as "Vulvas."

by Anonymousreply 189November 17, 2020 5:56 AM

Tom Fucking Deplorable Selleck and his “Reverse Mortgage” spiel! Ugghhh!

by Anonymousreply 190November 17, 2020 6:05 AM

DJ Lore (whoever she is) and her irritating commercial for "Nopalina" (whatever that is)

It's all over Pluto TV, I swear every five minutes. And it's in Spanish, which I neither speak nor understand.

😖 I think she might be either bloated or constipated.

by Anonymousreply 191November 17, 2020 6:14 AM

🎶Every mornin’ at half past 4...🎶

Save the baby but get creamed by the truck you almost backed into because you’re an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 192November 17, 2020 11:56 AM

R168 i would like to take that grandson into the closet and Winkle his clothes

by Anonymousreply 193November 17, 2020 12:01 PM

R181 that Kelvin guy is better then that dead spider hair black guy.

by Anonymousreply 194November 17, 2020 12:07 PM

I watch TCM so get to avoid most annoying commercials, thank god, but I agree with the poster above regarding the “in these uncertain times” open. Blech.

by Anonymousreply 195November 17, 2020 12:14 PM

Dupixent! Apparently if I have asthma and take this miracle drug, I can hit a piñata, go down a slip-n-slide, and hold a purse over my head as I dash to my car in the rain. Life is so carefree now! Thanks Dupixent!

by Anonymousreply 196November 17, 2020 12:46 PM

I’ll ask this embarrassing question here. Doug and Limu. When the big chicken sits on the soccer ball. Is that a CGI bird or a trained hen thingie.

by Anonymousreply 197November 17, 2020 1:00 PM

😝 #AloneTogether

by Anonymousreply 198November 17, 2020 2:41 PM

Who’s the gay cutie in the new Warbly Parker commercial? Definitely an improvement from their last with the two guys, on black, one maybe Samoan or of Hawaiian decent. Both had the weirdest styled hair you’d ever seen. You can tell if they even had hair and makeup with Covid and all, they were students at best. From the look of it C- students at best.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199November 18, 2020 10:28 AM

Fleetwood Mac/Oceanspray. Go away.

by Anonymousreply 200November 18, 2020 3:55 PM

Those Joe Namath Medicare commercials, god he looks and sounds pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 201November 18, 2020 4:43 PM

R122 that is NOT Swoosie Kurtz!

It is this actress, whose GH character was killed by a serial killer. Her severed head was found in an Apple barrel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202November 19, 2020 12:00 AM

Theres a new Home Depot commercial that airs 3 or 4 times straight, same commercial all in the same commercial break back to back to back.

by Anonymousreply 203November 21, 2020 8:05 AM

The Popeyes chicken sandwich commercial where the people make the most ungodly noises signifying their approval of the damn sandwich as if they’d just been given manna from heaven.

by Anonymousreply 204November 21, 2020 11:46 PM

Pizza Huts “Nobody out Pizzas the Hut” slogan always makes me think of Pizza the Hut from Spaceballs and him being outed while all covered in pineapple 😝 was looking for a “nobody OUTS Pizza the Hut” gay meme on Google but nothing 🤷🏻

by Anonymousreply 205November 25, 2020 6:29 AM

Jack N the Box auto tuning I Feel Pretty making it even gay sounding than it’s ever sounded before if that’s at all even possible. They only thing gayer would be Cher in autotune singing this song into Armond Rizzos gapping hole. Of course you’d have trouble editing out all that echoing.

by Anonymousreply 206November 28, 2020 5:06 AM

They were chomping at the bit with the deluge of Xmas commercials, weren’t they? Some of the companies were showing them even before Turkey Day.

by Anonymousreply 207November 30, 2020 4:13 PM

[quote] They were chomping at the bit

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 208November 30, 2020 4:22 PM

That fucking Amazon ad with the continuous clapping in the background makes me want to smash my TV. I can’t hit “mute” fast enough!

by Anonymousreply 209November 30, 2020 4:41 PM

"We don't have to cook anymore!"

by Anonymousreply 210November 30, 2020 4:45 PM

Every one.

by Anonymousreply 211December 1, 2020 3:28 AM

I've noticed a recent trend in commercials that feature black women of plus size but would never dare feature white women (or even men) of plus size.

Has anyone else taken note of that? Not really sure what to make of it.

by Anonymousreply 212December 1, 2020 3:40 AM

Skyrizi commercial which has now changed the style/genre of that annoying song.

by Anonymousreply 213December 1, 2020 4:04 AM

Love that guy in that Wienerschnitzel commercial and his potato sculpture who said he needs a girl. No, you need a guy to suck your dick..

by Anonymousreply 214December 2, 2020 4:33 AM

etsy

by Anonymousreply 215December 2, 2020 4:39 AM

R212, that's been going on forever-- I've commented on it here before. Men can definitely be fat --anywhere from dadbod to Trump-sized.

The thing about black women in commercials is, they have to be not just plump-to-fat, they MUST be sassy. God help the shy or quiet black woman. Have you ever witnessed older fraus who have little to no contact with black people when they come across a large black woman in real life? They sort of expect the Sassy Black Woman in the Commercial experience. They want a "oooOOOOOOooohwee!" or a "Lemme tell you somethin', gurl!" from them. It tickles them and they pee a little when they get a little Commercial Black Sass in an otherwise mundane exchange where the black woman is obligated to tolerate such people, such as if she's a cashier or something . They get a little deflated when they don't get any of that sass, like they didn't get their money's worth.

by Anonymousreply 216December 2, 2020 5:00 AM

Care to elaborate on your "Oh Dear," R208?

You owe R207 an apology.

by Anonymousreply 217December 2, 2020 5:01 AM

Why would you want r208 to to apologize, Champ?

by Anonymousreply 218December 2, 2020 5:16 AM

Girls! Girls! You’re both pretty!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219December 5, 2020 4:39 PM

Well the loathsome Hershey Kiss holiday handbell commercial is back in constant rotation though this year they’ve updated it with a “hip” jazz band rendition halfway through the song. Obnoxious, overplayed commercial no matter which version.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220December 5, 2020 5:38 PM

I wish they’d bring back the guys balls version of that.

I got a slight tingle in my no no spot when I’d see that one.

by Anonymousreply 221December 5, 2020 7:01 PM

r216, actually the recent commercials I've seen have had XL black women who were not particularly sassy, one in particular for an HIV med might even have a couple of them. I think it's what made me notice this new trend. They look like real people, not actresses. But again, I haven't noticed any XL men, black or white.

by Anonymousreply 222December 5, 2020 8:33 PM

R222 - like the one where the XXXXL woman is walking the dog with her scrawny little boyfriend and then they're washing it in the bathtub? I wondered what the guy thought when they first showed her to him and said, "This is your girlfriend in the commercial".

by Anonymousreply 223December 5, 2020 8:48 PM

Amanda from the Skillz.com commercials. There she is, lying around in her pajamas playing her game on her phone and laughing maniacally with her mouth wide open and showing visible spit strings.

by Anonymousreply 224December 5, 2020 9:41 PM

Any car commercial that has cars with bows on them to make them look like Xmas presents.

by Anonymousreply 225December 7, 2020 12:02 AM

Has anyone complained about the Walmart commercial with the soul music yet?

by Anonymousreply 226December 7, 2020 2:29 AM

The new Crunch bar one where the first girl chews like a bunny rabbit.

by Anonymousreply 227December 7, 2020 2:33 AM

I love Edith Piaf - but for Christ's sake - Allstate is RUINING Je ne regrette rien!

Fucking weird choice - most rubes in America have no idea who she is or how the lyrics match the commercial.

And the new Jack in the Box commercial with the electronic voice and trying to be oh so hip to Gen Z. Fucking awful - and they're doing 15's, so you get to hear the stupid music TWICE in a commercial set.

by Anonymousreply 228December 7, 2020 2:38 AM

This may be more NY-centric, but if you live here, you’ll get it:

“Tony! Switch to Spectrum!”

by Anonymousreply 229December 7, 2020 7:44 PM

The ones I hate right now with the heat of 10,000 suns are Simone Biles and the man-bun queen ordering from Uber Eats.

I hate his prissy little voice, and the green leotard makes Simone look more like a frog than usual.

by Anonymousreply 230December 7, 2020 11:32 PM

Completely agree R230.

“Simone Biles can we be besties?”

“I guess.”

Yeah, cause that’s not creepy. A man in his 30s acting like a 12-year-old girl wanting to best friends with a woman several years his junior.

by Anonymousreply 231December 8, 2020 12:22 AM

R206 - that's the one. That commercial is the worst ear worm - it is driving me up the fucking wall.

I've never considered writing a strongly worded letter about a commercial, but I may have to get out my quill and ink well and give the corporate office a what's for.

by Anonymousreply 232December 8, 2020 1:41 AM

R228, I was having dinner with my seven year old tonight. He looked sad and he had been looking kind of sad and lost for hours. I asked what was bothering him and he said "That song from the Allstate commercial has been playing in my head over and over today and nothing I do can make it stop."

by Anonymousreply 233December 8, 2020 3:51 AM

I'm watching The Tonight Show right now and they just had a commercial for "The Glock G44". It was fucking weird because the commercial is like a lifestyle/outdoors/tourism ad with a woman doing the narrating. I don't ever remember seeing a commercial for a gun before 😲

by Anonymousreply 234December 8, 2020 4:01 AM

I was just about to post about that commercial R229.

by Anonymousreply 235December 8, 2020 4:21 AM

I hope I don't jinx myself when I say that damn Banana Republic commercial with some annoying female singer/songwriter singing 'Heart & Soul'. I have to mute that damn thing every time I hear that fucking guitar strumming away in the beginning.

Haven't seen it in a few days so I'm hoping it's times up for this load of crap.

by Anonymousreply 236December 8, 2020 9:40 AM

[quote] I've never considered writing a strongly worded letter about a commercial, but I may have to get out my quill and ink well and give the corporate office a what's for.

Go easy on them, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 237December 8, 2020 3:43 PM

R230, you had me at man bun. Hate man buns. Especially when the sides of their heads are clean shaven. Ugly haircuts.

by Anonymousreply 238December 8, 2020 3:52 PM

The bun is the least of it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239December 8, 2020 4:01 PM

Those constant fucking Liberty Mutual ads! Although I want to suck off "Liberty Bibberty" guy,

by Anonymousreply 240December 8, 2020 4:13 PM

Cartoon Network airs this commercial with this jacked Baywatch looking stud named Skyler. “You want to be a man like Skyler? Stay home like Michael?” Or something like all preachy like that. Other than Skylar I really wasn’t paying much attention. This is after all a commercials we hate thread. However if you know Skylar’s real name don’t hesitate to drop it here. He is quite spectacular.

by Anonymousreply 241December 9, 2020 6:42 AM

Good lord. That perfume commercial with Gags is possibly the cringiest thing ever.

by Anonymousreply 242December 10, 2020 1:54 PM

That phone sex commercial late night on Comedy Central has the ugliest skanks you’d ever seen. One looks like Bette Midler and one looks like either Billy Joel’s lookalike daughter or Billy Joel in drag (not much of a difference)BTW I saw Christmas Vacation, Airplane and Blazing Saddles all within a 3 hour period on tv just last Sunday alone. This entire weekend Comedy Central is showing an ALL ADAM SANDLER WEEKEND 😩😭😫Just stick to South Park 24/7 Comedy Central. If it ain’t broke 🤷🏼‍♂️

Also found the gay kid from the Warbly Parker glasses commercial but didn’t get his name.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243December 17, 2020 7:41 AM

That fug woman going on about her vagina skin! Seriously?!

by Anonymousreply 244December 17, 2020 9:04 AM

I hate that "type-a frau v. hippie frau" commercial for Chrysler Pacifica. Why does the hippie frau have a pile of drums and instruments on top of Rubbermaid storage boxes just sitting on her lawn? Why does she do that Elvis thing with her mouth when she wanders away, walking like a pigeon and hitting a drum? Why are all of type-a frau's leaves in hippie frau's yard? Why are they all the same people? I hate it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245December 17, 2020 9:40 AM

Tostito commercial with Martha Stewart and Snoop and the way she pronounces avocado as ah-VOH-cah-TOE.

by Anonymousreply 246December 17, 2020 2:23 PM

That goddamn, fucking Toyota commercial about the little black girl and her soldier-dad (who appears at the end from behind a Christmas tree) and the treacly, maudlin song that accompanies it. They have been playing CONSTANTLY.

by Anonymousreply 247December 18, 2020 1:48 AM

May I ask something here and not get slaughtered? Could someone of color please weigh in and tell me how it feels to watch so many commercials with white women canoodling with black men? And, to a lesser extent, black women with white men. I understand the idea and the casualness with which they have inundated advertising but there always seems to be this weird subtext of "Look how lucky the black man is to have scored a blond WASP chick?" Or "Look how lucky the black woman is to be rescued and pulled into A Better Life by the white man". No matter what they are selling (and that's all it is about really), it feels counterproductive somehow, a very weird message I would think to someone of color True or am I reading too much into it?

by Anonymousreply 248December 18, 2020 2:05 AM

(I also wonder about the discussions on this kind of casting in the Ad Agency meetings. Do they try to cloak it in Well Meaning Gesture or is this a target audience they want or is it important now to be Ultra-Woke?)

by Anonymousreply 249December 18, 2020 2:11 AM

Make it look real and at least and have a hefty chub white girl with a huge ass with a considerably smaller black guy since that’s how it usually is.

by Anonymousreply 250December 18, 2020 10:14 AM

R248, I would like to say that you’re reading into it too much. But I noticed an increase in such commercials in 2015-2016...racial tensions were very high and I thought that these interracial couples were a way of defusing the negativity. After Chump was elected, they seemed to increase even more. Doesn’t bother me at all...

by Anonymousreply 251December 18, 2020 2:44 PM

[quote] "Look how lucky the black man is to have scored a blond WASP chick?" Or "Look how lucky the black woman is to be rescued and pulled into A Better Life by the white man".

Wow. Is that what you think when you see an interracial couple in public?

by Anonymousreply 252December 18, 2020 2:47 PM

Suddenly Zendaya is the go-to chick for high end items and she's recently popping up in TV ads for Valentino and Idole perfume by Lancome. She must be in her mid-20's but she gives off a very immature vibe that doesn't jibe with luxury merchandise. When I see her riding a horse in a white gown, it just seems fake and that she was picked because she's tall, bone-thin and has great hair.

I can't even really tell you exactly why I dislike her but seeing her in those ads annoy me.

by Anonymousreply 253December 18, 2020 11:24 PM

The Cox WiFi ad where the kid thinks he’s won a million dollars on the internet and goes screaming through the house. NO ONE wants to listen to screaming children.

by Anonymousreply 254December 20, 2020 1:16 AM

No, R252, I don't but it's also presented in a hazy gloss to try and sell me something. An IKEA couch? Acceptance? Interracial has been around for decades now without incident. It just feels... studied. Like everything else in advertising.

by Anonymousreply 255December 20, 2020 8:46 PM

R247 on that commercial I was expecting the mother coming out of her car yelling "don't take my baby, don't take my baby!"

by Anonymousreply 256December 21, 2020 3:58 AM

Sonny Kiss, the gay wrestler on AEW is the queen in that Warbly Parker commercial right?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257December 23, 2020 7:50 AM

That loud Allstate commercial with Edith Piaf is on every five minutes. If I have to hear it one more time, I don’t know what’s going to become of me.

by Anonymousreply 258January 3, 2021 1:03 AM

The Beneful dog food commercial where the voice-over guy sounds like a dog slobbering over its food while describing the ingredients.

by Anonymousreply 259January 3, 2021 2:49 PM

Absolutely, R259! When did dogs starting eating blueberries and pumpkin???!!!

by Anonymousreply 260January 5, 2021 5:31 PM

BetFair Casino ads here in NJ. My cable company must have sold a shit ton of air time. They break in on the higher cable channel shows even if there isn't a natural commercial break! Last week I was watching the new season of RPDR. They cut in as 2 contestants were lip-synching for their lives. I missed the middle of the song and just saw who stayed and who got the Pork Chop.

by Anonymousreply 261January 5, 2021 7:39 PM

Word r260. Unless it is a couple of blueberry and pumpkin muffins that my dog may have stolen off the counter.

by Anonymousreply 262January 5, 2021 9:01 PM

Whenever a company uses the coronavirus as a way to sell their products. Blatant pandering. “We’re in this together; eat our food” or “this has been tough for all of us; buy or lease a Ford now!”.

by Anonymousreply 263January 13, 2021 4:00 PM

The Volvo commercial with the screaming baby and the country bumpkin song. I HATE it.

by Anonymousreply 264January 13, 2021 4:28 PM

Fanduel and Dan the fan being tackled by the football player.

by Anonymousreply 265January 14, 2021 5:45 AM

On the Publishers Clearing House commercial, what’s with the guy standing behind Marie Osmond nodding his head like a bobble head? He’s cute and nutty looking at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 266January 14, 2021 7:51 PM

The BMW commercial in which the kind gentleman finds a lost dog, drives it at quite a distance to the dog's home, and the advertisers don't spare even five seconds showing the dog owners thanking or at least acknowledging the guy.

by Anonymousreply 267January 14, 2021 8:12 PM

The one with the interracial couple where they’re guilting you to NOT fast forward when recording something. Otherwise you’ll feel like you’re being racist and unPC. That and the medication commercial with the middle aged lady with her actual natural gray hair color 😝

Seriously though, worst of the worst is the Samsung commercial though with the Justin Bieber song with him attempting to harmonize at the end. I can’t tell if it’s him who’s howling or if it’s all the dogs in the neighborhood after hearing him.

by Anonymousreply 268January 21, 2021 2:29 AM

All Medicare, and drug commercials.

by Anonymousreply 269January 21, 2021 6:49 PM

The Amazon food delivery ad with the stop-motion photography. Are people really gathering like that these days? The expressions on the people are stupid and unflattering, and the brat under the table with the stolen dessert isn't funny. Plus, there's no way she could grab that big bowl and get under the table with no one seeing her.

by Anonymousreply 270January 21, 2021 6:58 PM

So many GEICO ads listed - they are the worst!!! They obviously have decided to corner the market on "most annoying" advertisements on TV.

by Anonymousreply 271January 21, 2021 7:13 PM

Amazon ads are always weird.

by Anonymousreply 272January 21, 2021 10:02 PM

The Farmers dog ad with a dozen dogs slurping their food, in stereo. I have to change the channel. It totally skeeves me out. I do love dogs though.

by Anonymousreply 273January 21, 2021 10:41 PM

I don’t know what brand it is but get so grossed out by a period commercial that talks about period gush. It always comes on when I am eating, and the last thing I want to think about is a gushing gash.

by Anonymousreply 274January 23, 2021 4:50 AM

The commercial for Smile Direct Club where the mom films her daughter bursting into tears after giving her the kit. "Happy birthday! Fix your fucked up mouth!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275January 23, 2021 4:55 AM

Just saw yet another one about periods - this time it said the panties "would absorb the period", which sounds really gross.

by Anonymousreply 276January 23, 2021 2:55 PM

The commercials for Joana's "Magnolia Table". They come on every single commercial break, it's maddening.

The Hint commercials.

by Anonymousreply 277January 23, 2021 5:59 PM

Those JG Wentworth commercials.

by Anonymousreply 278January 23, 2021 7:02 PM

The one that opens with a pitch black room and a baby howling (which sounds distressingly like an anguished cat). Then a man sits up in bed and turns on a light while a woman asks "Can you get that?" and he says that he will. Then the woman reaches to grab a ring of keys on the bedside table and says "I'm going to get us MacDonald's".

So many questions! Why do they keep the car keys next to the bed? How is it easier to drive to MacDonald's for breakfast food than to make coffee at home and microwave a frozen breakfast sandwich? Since the man can't nurse the baby, he must be going to feed it a bottle, which takes time to prepare and warm up -- why can't wife just fix a pot of coffee while he's doing that, instead of driving to MacDonald's? Or, since they both know this happens every night, why don't they keep a thermos jug of hot coffee ready for the parent who gets up? Does wife drive to MacDonald's in her bathrobe or does she take time to get dressed? Why didn't this couple use a condom several months ago and sleep through the night now?

by Anonymousreply 279January 24, 2021 1:14 AM

“Be a man Skyler, stay home like Michael” which I’ve only seen on the Cartoon Network and can’t for the life of me find on YouTube. Skyler btw is an absolute God. That body is phenomenal. You have to see it to believe it and if you find it PLEASE post pics of him or the commercials here, thanks.

by Anonymousreply 280January 26, 2021 6:36 AM

[quote] which I’ve only seen on the Cartoon Network

High brow stuff.

by Anonymousreply 281January 26, 2021 10:43 AM

Some SUV commercial where the family is on the way to go camping. And when they get to their spot, the tent is up and all their camping equipment is already there.

Are they some filthy rich family that hired a camping concierge service to set everything up before they arrived?

by Anonymousreply 282January 26, 2021 11:01 AM

MeinPillow.Nazi

by Anonymousreply 283January 26, 2021 11:57 AM

R275 those are right up there with those EPT commercials where they film the live reactions of couples who find themselves pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 284January 26, 2021 12:44 PM

Anything with Kevin Hart screaming. Annoying AF.

by Anonymousreply 285January 27, 2021 12:33 AM

Yes, those menstruation commercials have gone way beyond the limits of bad taste. There is one in which a woman rolls over to reveal blood seeping through the crotch of her panties.

(I so hope that was not reality, but a bad dream.)

by Anonymousreply 286January 27, 2021 4:17 AM

The Progressive commercial, where Flo is playing multiple members of the same family (a blatant rip-off of an old Lily Tomlin bit), and they are all singing “Danny Boy”. They really need to retire Flo. She was mildly funny at first, but she’s definitely overstayed her welcome.

by Anonymousreply 287January 27, 2021 5:38 AM

Flo needs to go. Stick with Rick.

by Anonymousreply 288January 27, 2021 5:43 AM

The Pedialyte commercial where the dad is hungover sitting by the open refrigerator gulping the drink while his shitty little kid complains "Hey, that's MINE!" They play it many times during the day and night. I hate them both.

by Anonymousreply 289January 27, 2021 12:15 PM

You hate the day and the night?

by Anonymousreply 290January 27, 2021 12:23 PM

R289, yes! I wish the dad would tell the whiny brat that nothing in the house is hers and then puke on her feet.

by Anonymousreply 291January 27, 2021 12:24 PM

She is such an entitled brat. Shove the empty container up her whiny ass. When she works a job and pays for it, then it’s hers.

by Anonymousreply 292January 27, 2021 12:27 PM

Flo gets points for a perfect read on "I have literally told you a thousand times."

I want them to retire the ugly Daria girl who whines instead. I hate women like that in real life too.

by Anonymousreply 293January 27, 2021 11:51 PM

[quote]She is such an entitled brat. Shove the empty container up her whiny ass. When she works a job and pays for it, then it’s hers.

A trip to the basement with Mommy would solve things even more quickly

by Anonymousreply 294January 28, 2021 12:00 AM

If it's January, it must be time for the tax lawyer terror ads:

"The IRS is coming, and they're even MORE ruthless than they were last year! They will take your bank account, your car, your home, your dog, and your firstborn! We're your only hope....come with us if you want to live!"

by Anonymousreply 295January 28, 2021 12:28 AM

Most but not all of the St. Jude commercials. Little Angel Alana's mother has a truly annoying accent.

Follow that with a CarShield commercial. Who does that?

by Anonymousreply 296January 28, 2021 12:38 AM

The one with the consultant who tries to keep clueless Millennials from morphing into their parents. Nauseatingly insulting to anyone over 50.

by Anonymousreply 297January 28, 2021 1:21 AM

Any commercial for a beauty product that tries to disguise itself as mini documentary.

by Anonymousreply 298January 28, 2021 1:22 AM

That girl in the Pedialyte commercial drives me crazy too. Exactly, when she pays for the damn drink, then she can claim ownership of it, and until then she can just SHUT UP and go back to her room.

WTF is she doing up that late anyway?

by Anonymousreply 299January 28, 2021 1:41 AM

Noom. The people interviewed on the commercials are annoying as fuck, although for awhile I thought that candymaker guy (can't remember his name) and his "friend" might be male lovers or husbands, but alas, they are not, so fuck this commercial.

by Anonymousreply 300January 28, 2021 1:45 AM

R300 Are you sure they're not lovers? I always figured they were. And the candymaker guy is kinda hot.

by Anonymousreply 301January 28, 2021 1:48 AM

r301, I tried to get some info on the commercial and it had some background on the guy and his friend who are in it. He really is his friend; he also worked for him as an employee at his candy maker business.

He says he had been using Noom to lose weight and it was his WIFE who told him he should get in touch with the company to see if he could do a testimonial in one of their commercials. He says they picked him right away and then like I said, they flew him and his friend/employee who was using Noom as well out to LA (expense free) to film the commercials.

But alas, he has a wife, so nope, not lovers. More's the pity.

Pretty much what he says in the commercials.

by Anonymousreply 302January 28, 2021 2:20 AM

R297, you may be in the minority on that one. We have a whole thread dedicated to those commercials and they seem to be enjoyed.

by Anonymousreply 303January 28, 2021 10:52 AM

Lol r302. He has a wife so they are not lovers? Come on!

by Anonymousreply 304January 28, 2021 12:31 PM

R303, where's the thread about Dr Rick commercials? I like those too.

by Anonymousreply 305January 28, 2021 1:23 PM

Not a hard search, but anyway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306January 28, 2021 1:25 PM

Thanks, R306. My search didn't work, even though I used Google instead of DL's own search function.

by Anonymousreply 307January 28, 2021 3:08 PM

[quote] Nauseatingly insulting to anyone over 50.

Nah, R297. They’re accurate, which is what puts the bite into them.

by Anonymousreply 308January 28, 2021 3:17 PM

The Duolingo commercial. Cannot STAND the singing voice!! And why are they using children's animated characters to sell the product?

by Anonymousreply 309January 28, 2021 3:51 PM

The Goddamned Grubhub song makes me want to commit a crime against the person who wrote it.

by Anonymousreply 310January 28, 2021 4:35 PM

The Regina King Cadillac commercial where she is directing the ad and says...."Cut... and then some fucking thing I can't make out Even Closed caption is no help.

by Anonymousreply 311January 28, 2021 4:40 PM

[quote] The Goddamned Grubhub song makes me want to commit a crime against the person who wrote it.

It probably wouldn’t if the damn thing didn’t play 87,000 times a day.

by Anonymousreply 312January 28, 2021 4:46 PM

oh yes, r310 the GrubHub commercial is awful. They had to make animated characters a bunch of fatasses? It basically achieves the exact opposite for me, I don't want to eat or be lazy about eating after seeing it.

by Anonymousreply 313January 28, 2021 7:29 PM

The ones with the anthropomorphic toilet paper-fetish bears.

by Anonymousreply 314January 29, 2021 12:22 AM

The one for Sonic with a car full of hillbillies. “I got edge!” and “I got uh!”

by Anonymousreply 315January 29, 2021 12:39 AM

R309, is it me or is the Duolingo singer trying to channel Sammy Davis, Jr.?

by Anonymousreply 316January 29, 2021 12:48 AM

Yes r315! And what the hell does "impatience doesn't equal spicy" even mean?

by Anonymousreply 317January 29, 2021 1:36 AM

R316, I have no idea. He does sound like a really bad lounge singer off the beaten path on the Vegas Strip. But I can't mute the TV or change channels fast enough!

by Anonymousreply 318January 29, 2021 3:03 PM

That reverse mortgage ad where the lady tells her convoluted story of moving to help her daughter's family, then *they* left for greener pastures, so then *she* moved to Vegas but it's all okay because it's STILL MY HOUSE.

by Anonymousreply 319January 29, 2021 11:47 PM

The new Chik-Filet commercial has this cartoonishly “effeminate” guy named Jake trying to appeal to the gays. Beyond pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 320January 29, 2021 11:56 PM

We hate the gays R320.

by Anonymousreply 321January 30, 2021 4:55 AM

The ads for companies that reduce people’s tax debt. Pay your fucking taxes!

by Anonymousreply 322January 30, 2021 8:55 PM

Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. Mother is chasing daughter around the house with food on a fork and the kid says I'm not hungry. Except when it's mac and cheese, of course. Do kids not like to eat now? I always looked forward to meals.

by Anonymousreply 323January 30, 2021 9:12 PM

Ooooh, you type fat.

by Anonymousreply 324January 30, 2021 9:15 PM

Stouffer's Bowlfuls makes me hateful. I'd love to see that couple get home invaded and brutally murdered.

by Anonymousreply 325January 31, 2021 3:03 AM

I want to kick Lxandra in the cunt.

Hush hush you shithead!

by Anonymousreply 326January 31, 2021 3:08 AM

Liberty, Liberty, Liberty....Liberty.

by Anonymousreply 327January 31, 2021 10:08 PM

[quote] I want to kick Lxandra in the cunt.

Lxandra, not to be confused with...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328February 1, 2021 3:14 PM

ALL the HIV drug commercials and they're embarrassing stereotypes. I loathe the drag queen who's proclaiming the drugs is for "Kings, THIS queen and all you royals in between!". It's only slightly worse than the one with the black queen with dreads who's getting some cheesy award for his charity walk, or some shit. Now, she seems like she'd be fun to have drinks with, but the commercial is so over the top twee and absurd. The guy is made-up like a caricature, prissy, eye fluttering. Just way too, 'perfect'.

Of course he's now been replaced by an even nellier queen, a lilly white one that looks like the HIV drug didn't work, all of 90lbs, and who's super into "fitness", (as evidenced by seeing a gym in the background and the suggestion he's doing yoga.)

I take one of those medications and even at home, with my partner in the room, I want to crawl under the sofa from embarrassment. Perhaps unintentionally, those drug companies are perpetuating a stereotype that assures the stigma of HIV will live on.

by Anonymousreply 329February 2, 2021 12:54 PM

R329, the new Dovato ad has a hunky, grey-haired bear shilling the stuff. He is kinda cute though.

by Anonymousreply 330February 2, 2021 1:40 PM

Sofia Vergara shilling Reeeetz with her son. Can the kid not get a job on his own?

by Anonymousreply 331February 2, 2021 1:49 PM

Is everyone really tired with those Shiner commercials? It seems this year it's been shown a lot. It also appears to be longer too with that little weasel of a kid "This is my story" Like to wrap them up with their adorable blanket and drop them into a dumpster. Maybe they can save money by not wasting on fizzy hats and riding on go-karts in parades.

by Anonymousreply 332February 2, 2021 4:01 PM

R332, Maybe they can save some of their precious money not airing pricey 90 SECOND commercials during EVERY fucking commercial break--same goes for the ASPCA!

by Anonymousreply 333February 5, 2021 7:38 AM

Discovery+ is going bonkers with blasting commercials everywhere. Among the worst are the Joana Gaines commercials. I loathe the new Chip & Joana home makeover commercials where she screams at the top of her lungs. I'm also absolutely sick of her shoving her stupid ass Magnolia lifestyle brand down our throats.

by Anonymousreply 334February 5, 2021 7:44 AM

R334, I agree. All of the Discovery+ ads are running non-stop on almost every channel!

by Anonymousreply 335February 5, 2021 1:15 PM

Adding to the Discovery+ commercials, is how practically of their on-air personalities is hyping it on social media. "It's the greatest thing ever!! You HAVE to get this streaming service!!" Yeah, especially if you want to continue watching your favorite shows.

by Anonymousreply 336February 5, 2021 6:26 PM

Those fucking Wounded Warrior commercials make me ill. It is a SCAM people! Do not send them money! Also sick of seeing the poor abused and freezing cold animal commercials, complete with Willy Nelson singing a depressing fucking song. I can't help those poor animals, but those assholes filming are RIGHT there! Do something motherfucker! Those break my heart and I am sick of being manipulated. Thanks for letting me rant.

by Anonymousreply 337February 5, 2021 6:44 PM

R337, I’m r18 and couldn’t agree with you more.

I can’t get to the remote quick enough!

by Anonymousreply 338February 5, 2021 7:02 PM

The emu detective and his human sidekick. I want them both to get Ebola.

by Anonymousreply 339February 8, 2021 5:14 PM

Inspiration 4 about space or whatever. I couldn’t pay attention, that version of “Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star” was so beyond atrocious they had to be mocking all the other hipster millennial commercials out their it’s so ridiculous. Again with that Cat Power/Fiest/Fiona Apple commercial rasp bs and them slowing down the song even more than it actually is. They couldn’t have made this commercial without busting up with tongue firmly in cheek it’s so pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 340February 10, 2021 8:17 AM

That pass it on commercial with the one legged solder and the country hillbilly music is so damn hoaky and preachy and just plain corny as hell. All those pass it on commercials are that way for that matter. I’ll pass on anything PASS IT ON related.

by Anonymousreply 341February 10, 2021 11:03 AM

The NEOM commercial. I don't know what it's about but it keeps using the word "revolution." It freaks me out!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342February 10, 2021 2:09 PM

Has anyone mentioned the Nurx home-delivery birth control commercial in which an obvious lesbian with short hair, a knit cap and a nose ring talks about what a drag it is to get birth control.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343February 15, 2021 2:18 PM

The website explains the many reasons a lesbian might want birth control to regulate their flows, clear up acne, etc. Never mind.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344February 15, 2021 2:21 PM

[quote]The Loan Depot commercial... “Just staying home with my family, working hard...we all are so grateful...”. So smarmy and fake.

"You need a loan, daaaaaddy?" Why would you allow your child to answer the phone and know you've failed to save enough money to provide for the family?

by Anonymousreply 345February 15, 2021 2:25 PM

If you lived in SLC, you would get to enjoy this mess

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346February 15, 2021 2:41 PM

The Disney cruise commercial that shows the passengers onboard wearing masks. They want people to make reservations for a trip, make a down payment and hope that the ban is lifted...what a way to take people’s money!

by Anonymousreply 347February 16, 2021 2:45 PM

That “Jimmy’s John” commercial with Brad Garrett, might fall on deaf ears since I don’t know to many gay wrestling fans. But instead of that famous baritone of his I swear he sounds spot on like Rowdy Roddy Piper.

by Anonymousreply 348February 18, 2021 5:32 AM

R348, amen. Is he saying "Jimmie's Johns" in the ad? I've been listening to it since the SB and that's what I keep hearing.

Another one I can't stand is the H&R Block commercial with the dancing idiots! It can't be April 16th soon enough for me.

by Anonymousreply 349February 18, 2021 1:39 PM

[quote] since I don’t know to many gay wrestling fans.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 350February 18, 2021 4:00 PM

Is it just me or does the H&R Block ad sound jet like a Christmas Hess toy truck ad?

by Anonymousreply 351February 21, 2021 6:39 AM

Doesn't seem to run too often anymore (thank God), but that Skittles ad in which the ONE kid has Skittles-pox and the fat ugly kid picks them off his friend's face and eats them. My husband and I start retching every time we see that. WHAT WERE THEY THINKING???

by Anonymousreply 352February 21, 2021 8:02 AM

That antivaping commercial where the young boy steals money out of his bitch whore mom’s purse, I don’t blame him. That woman’s comes off as such a cold, emotionless Karen the way she treats her kids. Not so much as a goodbye when the boy leaves, just pushing her weight around being a control freak. Plus you notice there’s not a husband around so you know he had it with that demanding tramp.

by Anonymousreply 353February 22, 2021 5:53 AM

This video game show preview commercial on this video show on Vice. First off they’re like “video games actually got their start in the military” some fool says. That’s the internet you moron, not freaking video games. Pong was teaching our soldiers how to go after the enemy? Than it turns into a race issue, 🤷🏼‍♀️🥴 Like I know it’s February but how did a show about video games turn into some kind of race war? So a race war starts while are soldier are being taught about going to war by playing Pong? Wtf 😳 They’re not quite the bizarro NewsMax but they’re getting there.

I mentioned that terrible snotty bitch mom in that vaping commercial. She’s a saint compared to that cat food commercial where the poor kid is begging their mom to come to them cause they’ve been terribly cut or wounded. The mom is with her stupid cat all “get a bandaid!” just as nonchalant as can be as long as her precious cat is alright. So who to call first 911 or child protective service 🤔?

by Anonymousreply 354February 27, 2021 7:08 AM

[quote] I mentioned that terrible snotty bitch mom in that vaping commercial. She’s a saint compared to that cat food commercial where the poor kid is begging their mom to come to them cause they’ve been terribly cut or wounded. The mom is with her stupid cat all “get a bandaid!” just as nonchalant as can be as long as her precious cat is alright. So who to call first 911 or child protective service 🤔?

That commercial irks me to no end. First time I saw it, I was tempted to contact the company and social media, saying "Is this REALLY the message you want to send to consumers - that child neglect is okay/funny as long as you pamper your cat?" Making it worse, it's another one of those ads which seems to air all the time.

by Anonymousreply 355February 27, 2021 2:47 PM

The pubic hair razor commercial creeps me the fuck out. What's next? Asshole bleaching kits for that "big night in town" ads?

by Anonymousreply 356February 27, 2021 3:50 PM

R289, I just saw that commercial for the first time.

I was too distracted by daddy to notice the little cunt. I looked up when I heard the line “that’s mine” and had to rewind to get more looks at that hot daddy.

by Anonymousreply 357February 27, 2021 4:17 PM

I'm hating the Nissan Rogue commercial that uses the opening riff of Blondie's "Heart of Glass."

Sacrilege.

And it's been getting airplay for months now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358March 2, 2021 5:34 AM

Mi towel, su towel.

The woman getting her Einstein on. Freaky and scary.

Cartoon bears talking poop.

by Anonymousreply 359March 2, 2021 5:54 AM

R358 don't care about that commercial too. And who is that cunt in the other car at the end of that commercial saying "I'm gain for a movie" Its like we suppose to know her?

by Anonymousreply 360March 4, 2021 11:32 AM

Wendy’s and other burger places going after a 70 year old sandwich with the Big Mac....well technically originally the Bobs Big Boy creation. What’s weird is like Jack in the Box with their Goddamn tacos Wendy’s keeps forcing their chicken sandwiches in their commercials. The “where’s the beef” place which ironically ran out of beef during the pandemic...which is probably why they’re doing it. Big Mac as we all know is not even a chicken sandwich so how you could even compare the two 🤨 So I’m getting with that dated catchphrase they wanted to outdate themselves even further so look no further than to reference a sandwich as old as the Big Mac.

by Anonymousreply 361March 6, 2021 6:13 PM

^^🤪

by Anonymousreply 362March 6, 2021 6:51 PM

The credit repair with the “cut the confusion” slogan. The saving grace is that muscle hunk with those sexy biceps. Can’t find it on YouTube but he’s quite the site. Those arms are hard to miss.

by Anonymousreply 363March 10, 2021 11:04 AM

There’s a Mazda commercial where the woman narrator mispronounces “often” TWICE. Like nails on a chalkboard. Doesn’t anyone review the commercial before it goes on air?

by Anonymousreply 364March 10, 2021 11:08 AM

There's an ad for Amtrak running lately where the announcer assures us that seating is arranged to "support fiscal distancing". So we don't have to worry about pickpockets?

by Anonymousreply 365March 10, 2021 12:54 PM

The Joe Nameth medicare commercial. ALL medicare commercials!!!

by Anonymousreply 366March 10, 2021 2:49 PM

A couple of weeks ago, I first noticed a gay commercial for Quilted Northern which I kind of like (is there a thread for commercials one likes?).

Researching it, it seems to have first aired in the summer of 2020, but I didn't see it until recently.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367March 11, 2021 2:13 AM

That Geiko commercial when the woman is in her kitchen scooping ice cream with an ice cream scooper - her husband and daughter walk into the kitchen when two Geiko guys appear singing and dancing to: Scoop There it is! Scoop there it is! Shaka laka Shaka laka Scoop there it is!

by Anonymousreply 368March 11, 2021 2:41 AM

E V E R Y

F U C K I N G

O N E

OF

T H E M

by Anonymousreply 369March 11, 2021 2:44 AM

I’m in LA I don’t know what the commercial is for but it stays in my head for hours! “Talk, Read, Sing! Talk, Read Sing! First Five Cali-forn-ia . com!!”

by Anonymousreply 370March 11, 2021 2:45 AM

R368, that’s Tag Team doing a parody of their hit from the 90s. “Whoomp! (There it is). I laugh every time it comes on especially at the end when he throws the sprinkles in the air

by Anonymousreply 371March 11, 2021 2:31 PM

The one for the Home Warranty company.

The woman is in her kitchen, the faucet is a geyser and the sprayer is a serpent. Her daughter is on her phone and both of them are drenched. Mom then serves her daughter a sandwich that is soaked! Ick!

by Anonymousreply 372March 11, 2021 2:55 PM

The Progressive commercials with Flo have gotten so bad over the years. I hate the one where the two young ladies are doing laundry in a communal laundry room and they start talking about new cute guy across the room who had just moved in. Cue Flo to pop up, start talking to the guy and then embarrass the one woman about finding her retainer. At the introduction, Flo was goofy and funny but now she largely comes across as mean-spirited and dumb.

by Anonymousreply 373March 12, 2021 2:57 AM

If Flo hadn't interfered, that nerdy girl would have gotten her box plunged for sure. The boy was coming over to introduce his thick, mushroom-headed cock to her beef curtains. Great cock-block, Flo.

by Anonymousreply 374March 12, 2021 3:02 AM

Oh no! That horrible ad with the woman who refused to wear hearing aids "because of my short hair" is back! Who wouldn't rather be deaf than grow her hair enough to cover her hearing aids? Or just let them show and to hell with it?

by Anonymousreply 375March 12, 2021 12:59 PM

I don’t think she heard you.

Just a hunch.

by Anonymousreply 376March 12, 2021 1:01 PM

That Geico commercial with Tag Team is hilarious. Like R371, I crack up every time it comes on.

by Anonymousreply 377March 14, 2021 1:31 AM

They hipster millennial’d (where a raspy voiced usually woman singer/songwriter slows down a popular song) Forever Young which there’s either several versions or renditions of or the title Forever Young is as popular as commercials playing slowed down renditions of popular hits. I’m just waiting for them to play a slowed down hit song featuring an interracial couple, just hit every target imaginable in these commercial fads. Think even that muppet sounding Tom Waits that all the know it all college kids revere did his own version. Don’t even know what the commercial was for, just that it’s a pattern fad that needs to die out with autotune.

by Anonymousreply 378March 14, 2021 3:38 AM

Okay - this one is on every night now - it’s the most recent Walgreens commercial. There is a man and woman in their 60s stomping grapes. I think that we are supposed to think oh boy here is an old hip sexual couple: he is sort of a cool old hipster. BUT - the woman is really into it and has little rhythm. Her bosoms are enormous and jiggling while she is stomping the grapes and she is wearing a bad wig that looks too big for her head - it’s weird..... I really liked the Walgreens commercial they ran a few weeks ago. It was the one with the really tall skinny gawky girl being quirky and brushing her teeth; dancing in the kitchen and goes out on a scooter and falls and hurts her ankle. Her cute boyfriend wraps her ankle and then gives her a piggy back ride - the actress is quirky with out being “precious” about it.

by Anonymousreply 379March 14, 2021 8:59 AM

The nestle crunch commercial where they try to use “crunching” as their new motto as if it’s gonna catch on and this flaming Mary is sitting next to his hag all “we’re in the friend zone.” Did she really think things were gonna get anymore serious between the two of them? Even Kelly Preston was rolling over in her grave.

by Anonymousreply 380March 14, 2021 11:56 PM

There's a current PSA urging everyone to get vaccinated, which features several women whining about how much they miss hugging and touching people they love. Frankly, it strikes me as a bit pervy. If any of the speakers were men, or if any of the women didn't look like grandmas and blowsy aunts, I think the ick factor would be undeniable.

by Anonymousreply 381March 15, 2021 12:20 AM

A couple of lazy cunts order groceries from Instacart. There's a 30 second version that makes the husband look a little less like a lazy cunt.

"He's finally asleeeeeep!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382March 15, 2021 12:36 AM

The Ruffles “T. Pain without Autotune” commercial. So they’re basically saying he hasn’t a single degree of what would even pass as “talent” in hip hop today without the robot machine? Way to expose that entire industry with just that one single line. How was his moron publicist stupid enough to even allow this? It basically outing everyone who uses it and will probably end up, and God be let this be true, killing autotune altogether. It’d be like saying “Kim K without photoshop” and no way in a million years would her mom ever allow that. We know it’s true but once they fess up to it, that’s the end of the Kardashian empire. Well hopefully with them shooting themselves in the foot like this, it’ll be as over as the synthesizer in 1991.

by Anonymousreply 383March 16, 2021 2:40 AM

The Biggie Bag or whatever is for, I think, Wendy's. It's also an autotune commercial. It's fucking ridiculous!

by Anonymousreply 384March 16, 2021 3:11 PM

The vocal fry on those two in the video at R382 is enough evidence to subject them to a lifetime of bitch slapping. Where the fuck is the director? Find him, and fire him immediately.

by Anonymousreply 385March 16, 2021 3:59 PM

Whichever fucking insurance company has decided to pay to have the advertisement on repeat that uses The Pet Shop Boys “Opportunities (Let's Make Lots of Money)”

[quote] I've got the brains, you've got the looks / Let's make lots of money / You've got the brawn, I've got the brains / Let's make lots of...

Make. It. Stop.

by Anonymousreply 386March 23, 2021 2:37 AM

The new Hershey’s Easter candy commercial will have Merv Griffin turning over in his grave. The first few notes in the song are spot on identical to the Wheel of Fortune theme. Most blatant rip-off since the Jeopardy theme and “I’m a Little Teapot” 😝

by Anonymousreply 387March 23, 2021 6:09 AM

Any commercial with whispering or ASMR-style close-up microphone audio.

by Anonymousreply 388March 23, 2021 8:24 AM

Mr Motaur is back with new commercials and now I have Karma Chameleon stuck in my brain.

by Anonymousreply 389March 23, 2021 11:06 PM

That new “Do a Dollop for Daisy” with this little boy who likes sour cream so much his eyes cross when he’s smiling from enjoying the product. Anyway that little boy looks spot on like Tattoo from Fantasy Island.

by Anonymousreply 390March 24, 2021 11:18 PM

The Haribo commercial where they are all in the library. The actors look really weird, kind of uncanny valley weird. The one girl has a very wide smile and the librarian lady is creepy.

Also the Kit Kat hang gliding commercial. It's just a bunch of annoying sounds a guy is voicing as the hang glider. it makes no sense, it's just annoying to catch attention.

by Anonymousreply 391March 25, 2021 12:18 AM

R391 at least it's not the Haribo board meeting commercial where all of the adults are dubbed by children. That commercial STILL airs and I can't imagine why,

by Anonymousreply 392March 25, 2021 2:47 AM

The Dixie paper plates commercial where a guy dumps a plateful of spaghetti and meatballs on his girlfriend's lap. What kind of trash uses paper plates at home? Dude, grow the fuck up, go down to Bed Bath & Beyond and get yourself some god damn real plates.

by Anonymousreply 393March 25, 2021 3:08 AM

R392, there are at least two hot guys in that commercial. I don’t mind if it continues to air.

by Anonymousreply 394March 25, 2021 1:02 PM

I want Jonathan from Colonial Penn in me quite deeply. I keep picturing him a pair of tight white briefs.

by Anonymousreply 395March 25, 2021 5:31 PM

That 🎶 chachacha change 🎵 Macy’s commercial. Bowie’s been gone for a while so how they can’t get the rights to one of his songs 🤷🏻But don’t do some phone in knock off. The bottom queens might like that some lady pop singer hack is singing but it’s as insulting as autotune to anyone who has an ounce of decent taste in pop culture and music

by Anonymousreply 396March 28, 2021 4:47 AM

Thank goodness that March Madness will be over on April 5, which means we only have one more week to endure that dreadful, horrible, and abysmally awful Uber Eats commercial with the mostly unfunny Leslie Jones, who mistakes loud, boisterous, and unhinged for humor.

by Anonymousreply 397March 28, 2021 11:19 PM

I hate that Leslie Jones commercial. They try to mainstream her but I really think she’s too unsettlingly scary to be.

by Anonymousreply 398March 28, 2021 11:34 PM

The commercial where people carry the tailgates to their trucks through town and up a hill singing "hey, hey, hey, goodbye," while some guy smiles smugly at them.

by Anonymousreply 399March 28, 2021 11:44 PM

R393 - I think that Dixie guy with the dark curly hair is really hot, at least in the first part of the commercial.

by Anonymousreply 400March 28, 2021 11:46 PM

By all that is holy, they've given that wretched Skyrizi jingle a country angle. Kill it with fire!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 401March 30, 2021 1:49 PM

The Xfinity commercial with Amy Poehler where the girl is moving and she's sitting on her ass drinking something while her friends are doing all the heavy lifting and she says she's "delegating."

I wanna kick that cunt in the cunt.

by Anonymousreply 402March 30, 2021 1:57 PM

Those commercials do irreparable damage to Poehler's career, not a giggle to be found in any of them. She looks like she never did comedy in her life. Like Vanessa Carlton singing "Time is on your side..." in some godawful ad and totally off key; my sister said, "Wait, that's a real singer?" She thought it was going to have a punchline.

by Anonymousreply 403March 31, 2021 2:07 AM

The latest Sandals resort. The music near the end of it makes me want to tear my hair out.

by Anonymousreply 404April 1, 2021 1:11 AM

E V E R Y

F U C K I N G

O N E

O F

T H E M

by Anonymousreply 405April 8, 2021 5:24 AM

That papadilla commercial from Papa John’s, obviously a take on their name but quesadillas with potatoes, that’s big in Central America just like tacos with potatoes, right? Papadilla’s would be the proper name for a quesadilla with potatoes if anything so that in itself is gonna confuse the Hispanics especially being that it’s a glorified calzone.

by Anonymousreply 406April 15, 2021 8:38 PM

The Fanduel commercial with the gay couple.....Joe have you checked fanduel tocay? The guy with the bowl cut and cheesy mustache is kind of hot.

by Anonymousreply 407April 15, 2021 9:53 PM

Omg r386, I HATE that commercial with the intensity of 1000 burning suns.

It's highly annoying but the creepiest part is the singing hood ornament.

*shivers*

by Anonymousreply 408April 15, 2021 11:53 PM

On the plus side, love the deaf basketball guys commercial for Facebook groups that I just saw. Very sweet without being cloying.

by Anonymousreply 409April 16, 2021 3:26 AM

Lance Paullin is the guy with the mustache in the Fanduel commercial, More Ways to Win.

by Anonymousreply 410April 16, 2021 1:48 PM

Notice the ONLY people who ever do laundry anymore are men.

by Anonymousreply 411April 16, 2021 1:55 PM

Not true. There's a lesbian couple hawking some new sensitive Tide detergent because their kids have sensitive skin.

by Anonymousreply 412April 16, 2021 2:31 PM

“Your cousin from Boston” the Sam Adams commercial — is he supposed to be Matt Damion or something? It sounds just like him.

by Anonymousreply 413April 16, 2021 4:36 PM

R413, he sounds like every douchebro from Boston, and that’s the point. I love my Boston douchebros in small doses, like a cousin. I think that’s the appeal of the commercials.

by Anonymousreply 414April 16, 2021 4:40 PM

These commercials promoting some hip hop “yo mama so fat” type ripping on others show on MTV with this obnoxious ginger all “you want a one hit wonder, look no further than Trinidad James!” Or something like that as if we’re supposed to know who these goofball numbskull buffoons even are.

by Anonymousreply 415April 16, 2021 4:56 PM

Long ago, when I was a young RN, it was considered unethical (believe it or not!) for pharmaceutical companies to advertise prescription medication anywhere except in print medical journals like New England Journal of Medicine, etc. TV could run ads for over the counter meds - things like headache remedies ("Mother, PLEASE! I'd rather do it MYSELF!"), upset stomachs (usually hilarious animated diagrams and later, famously, Alka-Seltzer) but never anything that required a prescription, much less a serious condition such as cancer, cardiac arrhythmias, or any of the tons of conditions you see today. Pharmaceutical sales reps visited MD offices and hospital pharmacies (and yes, they gave out pens, pencils, and other promotional objects, but these were limited to the clinical staff). There was no such thing as "Ask your doctor if (Rx____) is "right for you".

The other night I was flipping through channels and FOUR CHANNELS IN A ROW were running medication ads simultaneously. It is a tragic event when someone develops "non small cell lung cancer" or "HR positive her 2 negative breast cancer" to be sure, but do we really need smarmy ads promising a "few more special events" before the Big Chill? (looking at you, "Optivo"). Not to mention the announcers who quickly reel off a laundry list of side effects, such as the life threatening "genital infection" that Farxiga warns about? Then, of course, there are ads for every other condition under the sun, from IBS to bladder control to eczema to COPD). "Ask your doctor..." has resulted in patients being led to believe that there is a pill/cream/inhaler for every condition and demanding it from their harried MDs. It's not only annoying, it's misleading and SAD.

Of course, it used to be taboo for attorneys to advertise on TV as well; now daytime TV is glutted with personal injury, workers comp, traffic accident, elder abuse, talcum powder cases, etc etc...clearly I am dating myself, but just imagine if all of the pharmaceutical and lawyer ads simply vanished?

by Anonymousreply 416April 16, 2021 5:35 PM

The Farmers Dog. It's not the dogs I mind but making them sound like pigs at a trough when eating. I've had dogs all my life and never have heard one sound like that.

by Anonymousreply 417April 16, 2021 5:46 PM

R416 I know! Every now and then it shocks my old ass self to think of how explicit and grotesque so many commercials are. Vaginas and poop and insanity. BLECH.

by Anonymousreply 418April 16, 2021 6:38 PM

R406, I think that's more of a play on Papa John's name than a particular food. Remember Pizza Hut's P'zone? It was a play on Pizza Hut's version of a calzone.

My new hate is the Almond Breeze commercial. The harmony is atrocious!

by Anonymousreply 419April 16, 2021 7:02 PM

Hate that Geico commercial with Carl Reiner pouring Gatorade on himself. That’s no way to go. RIP and all but they could have something better for all he’s done throughout his career.

by Anonymousreply 420April 17, 2021 8:56 AM

The previews for the show Autopsy. This new one with Dennis Hopper that soap actor who plays doctor on the show 😒”I believe there was one particular event that could have tip things over the edge.” How about him being in his mid 80s and diagnosed with terminal stage 4 cancer 🤔 Ya think that could be what “tipped him over the edge?.” Why do they do this show on celebrities that died in their 70s and 80s and us knowing they’ve already had major health issues or they straight up tell us it’s terminal? Most of they deaths never even had autopsy’s cause they know exactly what cause their death. Who next? That young buck Prince Phillip who just dropped dead out of the blue last week? Talk about shocker of the year 😦

by Anonymousreply 421April 17, 2021 10:51 PM

Fast food restaurants feature mukbangers which is so ridiculous. These people are glutinous—they gorge on pounds and pounds of food. It’s absurd that youtube allows that.

by Anonymousreply 422April 17, 2021 11:26 PM

I’m waiting for Hungry Fat Chick, this housebound morbidly obese woman to be featured in a commercial. It wouldn’t surprise me. It’s terrible.

by Anonymousreply 423April 17, 2021 11:27 PM

Freshly.com and their commercials for their overpriced glorified TV dinners.

by Anonymousreply 424April 19, 2021 12:23 AM

Commercials portraying women with metastatic breast cancer as the FUCKING HAPPIEST WOMAN ALIVE .... cause she gets A FEW MORE DAYS TO DO WHAT SHE LOVES....

by Anonymousreply 425April 19, 2021 12:48 AM

A) That commercial where the Basketball player keeps smacking stuff out of people’s hands and says “Not in my Hausss!!!” ............. B) The new Blue Bunny ice cream commercial where this old Asian guy is playing a boring song in the living room - The bored black gal jumps up and grabs the guitar and has a “one man band” thing going and everyone else sways back and forth like they are at a concert. It is REALLY bizarre!!

by Anonymousreply 426April 21, 2021 3:49 AM

The Subaru ad with the family of dogs. They pull into a park with a No Pets sign. One parent dog opens the window and the dogs all run out. It’s then revealed that their ‘pet’ is a cat. The cat meows and the puppy barks and then runs off to play. I hate that commercial with the heat of 10k suns. I change the channel IMMEDIATELY!

by Anonymousreply 427April 21, 2021 2:08 PM

You forgot to sign your post, Miss Sissy Boodles (r427)!

by Anonymousreply 428April 21, 2021 6:17 PM

The Pepcid spot with the dope on the tractor. When he claps his hands to turn off the lamp, at the end, I want to smother him with his own pillow.

by Anonymousreply 429April 21, 2021 7:04 PM

R428, I am Cosmo the cat but I'm sure MSB agrees with me.

by Anonymousreply 430April 21, 2021 7:09 PM

R420, you do know that is NOT Carl Reiner, right?

Well, it’s not. You’re an idiot.

But the commercial is annoying AF.

by Anonymousreply 431April 22, 2021 1:30 PM

It’s Dick Vitale.

by Anonymousreply 432April 22, 2021 1:31 PM

Wet teddy bears.

by Anonymousreply 433April 22, 2021 6:42 PM

R421, you should be less worried about commercials and autopsies on former celebrities and more concerned with your writing skills.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 434April 22, 2021 7:31 PM

The Goli apple cider vinegar gummie commercial where one woman chews it like a cow and a fat guy pops one in his mouth and snaps his head to show what a sporty fellow he is. Both of you, please ESAD.

by Anonymousreply 435April 22, 2021 8:06 PM

I like to write OH DEAR DOUCHE!!!!!!How does the fact that i go into detail make my writing skills any less than some passive aggressive prick that gets his emotions across like Flanders from the Simpsons.

by Anonymousreply 436April 23, 2021 8:12 AM

The Verizon commercial where the guy says he's a teacher and the pandemic closed down his school, then shortly afterward, he was diagnosed with cancer. But thanks to Verizon's wireless network, he was able to log in from his hospital bed and teach his kids virtually!

Thanks, Verizon, for making me keep working, even though I'm here in the hospital and dying of cancer!

Worst endorsement of Verizon I've ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 437April 23, 2021 11:30 AM

Someone just told me that the actor who's so good in the Liberty Mutual ad about a bad actor -- "Liberty bibbity" -- plays a doctor on "The Bold And The Beautiful". The guy who told me is usually full of shit, but he turns out to be right about this: Tanner Novlan, from Canada, married and a father.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438April 24, 2021 12:45 AM

And R438 he displays the same level of acting ability on the soap as he does in the commercial. Hot to look at but cannot act his way out of a paper bag.

by Anonymousreply 439April 25, 2021 9:36 AM

Liberty mutual probably shot the idiot all day while he was trying to remember his lines.

by Anonymousreply 440April 25, 2021 3:59 PM

The painfully unfunny Daily Show spots.

Yeesh.

by Anonymousreply 441April 25, 2021 4:07 PM

Was watching an advertisement for NewsMax talking about great values. How ironic since they’re a Great Value Fox News 😝 Call them bleeding heart lefties all you want just to make yourselves look like more traditionalists. I doubt it’s working. Doesn’t make them the lesser of the two evils but who knows.

by Anonymousreply 442April 26, 2021 12:26 AM

The cute African American lady whose windshield is cracked and she needs SafeLite. Her reaction at seeing the crack shows rage and I'm waiting for her to blame The Proud Boys. Frankly, any SafeLite commercial that doesn't include sexy Pascal is not worth the time.

by Anonymousreply 443April 26, 2021 1:52 AM

R443 I thought similarly. I figured she was thinking some racists cracked her windshield.

by Anonymousreply 444April 26, 2021 2:01 AM

The new WWF commercial with a raspy voiced slowed down indie female version of What a Wonderful World. They preach about the saving of elephants. How bout saving us from having to listen to this Cat Power cosplay crap.

by Anonymousreply 445April 26, 2021 7:25 AM

That new Pringles where that awkward teenage boy talks about how fine this black mans sexy teenage daughter is before he takes her out. See this is where that interracial casting of couples totally backfires and ironically comes across as racist when they’re trying to be as PC as possible. In certain black families, to a degree Hispanics as well, the fathers feel like their daughters get sexualized by these perverse white boys who just want to have them as a notch in their bedpost and brag to their friends about. This commercial totally comes across as just that. We never see the daughter but that’s kind of what adds to the stereotype, the mystery. I’d normally say when you cast a couple no matter the ethnicity they have to look believable and not like two people that you wouldn’t even see at the dmv passing each other by. This commercial however leaves a bad taste which adds too the irony of them promoting their chips.

by Anonymousreply 446April 26, 2021 11:00 AM

R446 - I had to search for that ad: is it the one with the nerdy kid saying "Mr. Clark, your daughter is a very good kisser ... Is Mrs. Clark a very good kisser?" If so, that scenario would not work no matter what the characters' races were; no father and/or husband would tolerate that conversation.

WTF was the ad agency thinking?!

by Anonymousreply 447April 26, 2021 6:22 PM

Subaru really blew that one, R427, both in its failed attempt at irony, and then in the misuse of the fans-favorite Barkley Family to deliver the awkward message.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 448April 26, 2021 6:40 PM

[quote]he’s quite the site.

Is he, though?

by Anonymousreply 449April 26, 2021 6:42 PM

Any Geico commercial featuring some gonzo/bonkers/unexpected scenario, observed or endured by others with a deadpan look on their faces. The latest one with the strongman breaking down cardboard boxes is beyond dull.

by Anonymousreply 450April 26, 2021 6:43 PM

The Liberty Mutual ad featuring the hot-dog-cart vendor who sells "wet teddy bears" fills me with hatred for whoever inflicted such a pointless, moronic idea on us! I didn't get it at all, but a friend decided it went with the slogan "Buy only what you need!"

by Anonymousreply 451April 26, 2021 6:49 PM

[quote] In certain black families, to a degree Hispanics as well, the fathers feel like their daughters get sexualized by these perverse white boys who just want to have them as a notch in their bedpost and brag to their friends about.

What you just said is ALL parents of girls, regardless of race; and true of ALL straight teenage boys. Nothing at all to do with race. JFC.

by Anonymousreply 452April 26, 2021 11:02 PM

Yes he is actually, thank you very much.

by Anonymousreply 453April 27, 2021 7:20 AM

The new Progressive commercial featuring 3/5ths of N'Sync.

by Anonymousreply 454April 27, 2021 2:34 PM

R454-I can't even make out what Flo says to them as a tag line, the sound is so bad.

by Anonymousreply 455April 27, 2021 4:47 PM

The keeps.com commercial with that Byron Allen looking guy with the gheri curl. I get that it’s about showing off a nice head of hair but it looks more like a back in time flashback proto Sy Spurling commercial. I’d rather go bald and look like I’m actually in present day 2021.

by Anonymousreply 456April 27, 2021 6:44 PM

I am not impressed with Flo's sullen sidekick who whines during the beach trip and tells Flo in another commercial that she smells like fish- that's mildly amusing as lunchroom banter, but probably not going to appeal to middle American fraus.

by Anonymousreply 457April 27, 2021 8:32 PM

She says that she's talking about Jamie.

by Anonymousreply 458April 27, 2021 9:08 PM

Whoever she's talking about, she still reminds me of humorless, passive aggressive dullards I've known. I hate that stupid beach commercial.

by Anonymousreply 459April 28, 2021 8:41 AM

This week's winner for dumbest commercial-the hideous Swarovski spot, which will undoubtedly run until Mother's Day.

by Anonymousreply 460April 28, 2021 2:01 PM

R450, I just don't get that commercial at all! Swarovski crystals used to be a big thing years ago. I have a Swarovski alligator from a former company. I can't remember why they gave it to me but they did. It sits in its box. It's maybe 3 inches long.

by Anonymousreply 461April 28, 2021 2:24 PM

[quote]I have a Swarovski alligator from a former company.

Oh, that sounds nice.

[quote]It's maybe 3 inches long.

That’s a little off topic, but don’t worry about that. Size isn’t everything.

Or did you mean the alligator?

by Anonymousreply 462April 28, 2021 10:12 PM

The million car commercials with interracial couples and their racially ambiguous children

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463April 28, 2021 10:35 PM

I used to like "Bust A Move" until this stupid Frontier Cable ad that's played during every single break on Prime's IMDB With Commercials, along with the boring as fuck California Monopoly Scratchers ad.

by Anonymousreply 464April 29, 2021 4:03 AM

Now there's another Frontier Fiber Optic ad in which all of Steve's devices talk to him in the most annoying voices possible. It's almost as if they're determined to drive customers away.

by Anonymousreply 465April 29, 2021 4:10 AM

Always wondered, and someone living in the south (in the US) could help me out here. Do these interracial commercials even air in places like Alabama and Kentucky and Tennessee? I always assumed they mostly air in the blue states but if I’m wrong that’s cool that they’re letting them air everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 466April 29, 2021 5:03 AM

No honey, R466. They have a thirty second delay for national ads in the South and replace the unsavory ones with MyPillow and Kars 4 Kids ads.

🙄

by Anonymousreply 467April 29, 2021 5:14 AM

It 2021 not 1951, R466.

It flashes by quickly in a montage of stills, but Consumer Cellular (I think it is) features two black men with a baby; I don't think they're supposed to be the grandfathers or uncles, but fairly clearly their kid!

by Anonymousreply 468April 29, 2021 1:54 PM

The "Cousin from Boston" Sam Adams commercials are kind of annoying, but I saw a new one today that I thought was pretty good.

The cousin's waiting in line to get his COVID vaccine, then goes inside to get it and pulls his pants down instead of rolling up his sleeve.

by Anonymousreply 469April 29, 2021 10:31 PM

The hotels.com commercial where the wife interrogates the husband about their vacation that he planned as a surprise, and then Captain Obvious pops in.

by Anonymousreply 470April 30, 2021 12:39 AM

For R469

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 471April 30, 2021 2:54 AM

R471 That's a great commercial. Funny, but with a good message.

by Anonymousreply 472April 30, 2021 10:46 AM

Whoever thought it would be funny for Megan Rapinoe to kick soccer balls at people to encourage them to eat at Subway was dead WRONG.

by Anonymousreply 473May 2, 2021 5:07 PM

R356 - yeah, that pubic hair commercial is pretty gross. We were saying that that was another line crossed.

by Anonymousreply 474May 2, 2021 5:11 PM

Are the Liberty Mutual Insurance ad agency punking us? They have the worst commercials and now the completely stupid wet Teddy Bears There is no way anyone heard this pitch and thought it was a good idea.

by Anonymousreply 475May 5, 2021 1:00 AM

That Flo commercial where this family’s on the beach, yeah it’s Flo so you know it’s gonna blow. I once read that the entertainment industry has this “sole rule.” Now it makes sense if you look at this commercial and just any tv show in general. 90% of the time when we’re in the comfort of our own home and it’s not cold out, we’re either barefoot, in sandals or flip flops or maybe if you’re really stretching it in socks but that’s still kind of reaching. So I always thought this article I read about there being a rule where you’re not allowed to show bare soles for more than 5 seconds was them just being conspiracy theory bonkers. Well this commercial everyone is wearing sneakers on the beach, not even flip flops. It’s weird how the entertainment industry feels about feet and sweat. You notice sweat is only used in the most extreme scenarios usually in comedic fashion like in Airplane. But even when they’re trying to show it’s hot outside more often then not they don’t want to ruin the makeup artists work by showing blushing, redness and sweat. Anxiety, nervousness, awkwardness all bring out sweat along with other mental or physical issues but I guess that’s where acting comes in over physical reaction. Just an observation. And with feet they might show them to only represent that person is disgusting and gross ala Al Bundy. So yeah the part of that Flo on the beach commercial is the footwear over how much of an obnoxious putts she is.

by Anonymousreply 476May 5, 2021 5:32 AM

I have always like Flo. She is a talented actress, A rich talented actress.

by Anonymousreply 477May 5, 2021 10:35 AM

Flo is fine, Jamie too. That slug bitch with the whine has got to go, though..

by Anonymousreply 478May 5, 2021 2:24 PM

There's one for Consumer Cellular over 55 where I find the Asian guy very good looking, indeed!

by Anonymousreply 479May 5, 2021 2:25 PM

R476 Just saw that one again. The black guy working with Flo is not wearing shoes and displays the soles of his feet in that ad.

by Anonymousreply 480May 6, 2021 4:27 PM

I HATE the hokey song that plays on the Mother's Day Pandora Jewelry commericial.

by Anonymousreply 481May 6, 2021 5:02 PM

Even if Blue Bunny was available in NYC, those inane commercials would cause me to boycott the crap.

by Anonymousreply 482May 6, 2021 5:42 PM

In NYC they are running a pro vaccine ad where a bitch with a bullhorn is screaming from the rooftop. If I wasn’t already vaccinated I would refuse the shots just because of her.

by Anonymousreply 483May 6, 2021 6:11 PM

Sounds ridiculous, loud and obnoxious. No wonder it’s airing in NYC 😝

Those Trevor Noah ads are usually lame and goofy but when he pronounces the word MASK with that accent, drives me wild 😝

by Anonymousreply 484May 7, 2021 12:09 PM

Lady Gaga for Valentino! All of those sweet odd flower/animal/human people.

by Anonymousreply 485May 8, 2021 4:33 AM

That new 711 commercial with all those lesbians on those cholos bikes. Wtf?

by Anonymousreply 486May 9, 2021 8:30 AM

486 - I know!! That commercial made me think I might keep driving and not park and head into that 711 - those girls on the bikes are really too much!!

by Anonymousreply 487May 9, 2021 8:54 AM

This commercial where this bug eyed Hispanic family is making s’mores, the face the little girl makes when she’s trying to fit the whole thing in her mouth is absolutely hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 488May 9, 2021 9:59 AM

The Well Health commercial with all the celebrities doing bad jobs of reading from a teleprompter, especially Serena Williams, who squints at the camera while laboring to read the words "air and water quality management."

Then there's Gaga with her vocal fry and weird giant-sleeved outfit.

by Anonymousreply 489May 9, 2021 11:24 AM

Gaga is just so full of shit. All righteous about her work with R. Kelly when the underage piss tape was a decade old by then. Didn't stop her t the time. So won'r be buying what she is selling.

by Anonymousreply 490May 9, 2021 4:56 PM

I'm despising the bad-taste Aflac spot showing two jerks at the sports desk laughing at an Asian woman in a neck brace. The whole premise is tasteless and wrong.

by Anonymousreply 491May 11, 2021 2:22 PM

What the world needs now is gum, sweet gum.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492May 11, 2021 7:58 PM

Two words:

Monoclonal antibodies

😡🤬😡🤬

by Anonymousreply 493May 12, 2021 4:01 PM

Chevrolet has an ad with various people urging others to "drive safe". Of course I agree with the sentiment, but the grammar is grating -- use adverbs, Chevy!

At least those infuriating focus groups full of "real people not actors" seem to have vanished (for good, I hope).

by Anonymousreply 494May 16, 2021 7:00 AM

That bottled water commercial with Melinda Kaling ie the baritone Aziz Ansari. More like sorry to my ears after having to listen to this crop of Indian comedians sounding like they’re rubbing balloons after sucking down all the helium.

by Anonymousreply 495May 19, 2021 7:40 PM

Yeah I just saw that ad again and r480 is right. It seems that only Jamie(topsiders) and the annoying short girl(converse sneakers) seem to be wearing closed toe shoes.

Those Toyota commercials with the annoying saleswoman.

by Anonymousreply 496May 19, 2021 9:17 PM

Any of them with the Grammarly vocal-fry lady's voice, which on a sidenote means being also annoyed by almost any females narrating pet videos on YouTube.

by Anonymousreply 497May 20, 2021 2:09 AM

I know many people don't like them but I like the most recent Liberty Mutual commercial with Doug and his wife having the Emu and his wife over for a weekend of grilling. "Hot dog or chicken?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 498May 20, 2021 3:14 AM

Those Touch of Modern commercials, ie only shit rich white people would want to waste their money on.

by Anonymousreply 499May 26, 2021 6:13 PM

The Liberty Mutual ad with the guy, his wife, and the emu couple (from work) "socializing" on the weekend is one I hope never to see again! Though the wet teddy bear is still worse.

by Anonymousreply 500May 26, 2021 7:55 PM

[quote]The million car commercials with interracial couples and their racially ambiguous children

There are interracial couples in the world with "racially ambiguous" children. Deal with it.

Or don't and just kill yourself.

by Anonymousreply 501May 26, 2021 8:19 PM

I enjoy the one where aunt Wanda calls her niece to tell her she has covid but instead if the attention she desired the niece starts spouting off about some treatment she saw a meme for. You can spot the exact moment when aunt Wanda decides its just better to die at the kitchen table.

by Anonymousreply 502May 26, 2021 8:30 PM

Yeah, after the bitch niece spouts of some unpronounceable treatment the aunt probably can't get anyway, she hangs up and jogs down the beach while her poor aunt sits looking confused.

by Anonymousreply 503May 27, 2021 12:47 AM

Who watches commercial tv anymore, omg.

by Anonymousreply 504May 27, 2021 12:49 AM

Do we really need to hear Nat King Cole singing "Let's Face the Music and Dance" FIFTY FUCKING TIMES A DAY??!!

And while we're at it, does anyone really believe "amazon fresh" delivers food like that?

by Anonymousreply 505May 27, 2021 11:30 PM

The whole batch of Liberty Insurance commercials screams WE ONLY SELL TO IDIOTS!!!!

by Anonymousreply 506May 27, 2021 11:48 PM

Gay Husband is back for Voltarin.

Does the wife sniff this crap to anesthetize her from seeing her hip swiveling husband for the 'Mo he is.

The bartender wants him BAD.

by Anonymousreply 507May 27, 2021 11:52 PM

R507 - is that the one where the skinny old man is dancing like he's on speed? If so, I'll have to pay more attention to the bartender next time.

by Anonymousreply 508May 28, 2021 12:19 AM

Champagne bottle = ejaculating penis...

by Anonymousreply 509May 28, 2021 2:14 AM

The idiot guy watching TV in the closet because he won'tr tell the kid to go play in traffic.

by Anonymousreply 510May 28, 2021 2:30 AM

The one where the ditz teacher goes through this whole production number all blaming her elementary school students for ordering WingStop to make them feel all guilty or whatever. Seemed totally unnecessary to do all that all cause you want it all for yourself.

by Anonymousreply 511May 28, 2021 5:21 AM

505 - As much as I like the song, that “Let’s Face The Music And Dance” commercial seems to be on every late night commercial break over and over to the point it makes me cringe. Last summer the commercial that ran non-stop was the woman in her bathroom in an undershirt and panties talking about staying fresh “down there.” The she would growl into the mirror. that aired constantly!

by Anonymousreply 512May 28, 2021 7:30 AM

A rare miss from a show that’s had the guy from Goodburger on so long he’s pretty much offered seniority. Yet they were too good to hire Jim Carey or keep Sarah Silverman on for at least another season? Went from hiring Rerun 2.0 to people wishing they’d show reruns from before them hiring Goodburger. So it’s not like Sinead’s missing much since being banned. Even another awful Madonna skit would be a welcome compared to having us being force fed more of Mr. Burger. Looking at her now is quite comical in itself if you’re into AARP culture and skeleton pirates with fake accents.

by Anonymousreply 513May 28, 2021 12:37 PM

The idiotic commercial for the pube razor for women.

by Anonymousreply 514May 28, 2021 3:21 PM

On rte plus side, the new Apple ad with the Asian kid getting followed on his phone is really great -- especially the blonde woman from the bank and her intense stare throughout Hope it leads to more for her.

by Anonymousreply 515May 29, 2021 4:06 AM

Ugh - the Jill Scott Nationwide Commercial!!! I like Jill Scott but the way she sings this jingle is all goopy and shmoopy. Blech!

by Anonymousreply 516May 29, 2021 7:36 AM

Thank you. I like Jill Scott but why the hell is she singing that wretched treacly jingle? Is she that hard up for money? Plus, that wig she's got on. Guuuurrrrl....

by Anonymousreply 517May 31, 2021 3:40 PM

R172, check this out.

The Leaf Filter guy is rolling in money. Who needs chromosomes?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 518June 4, 2021 2:05 PM

Who the hell cast the voices for Yogi and BooBoo in the new Geico spot? Weren't there any professionals to chose from?

by Anonymousreply 519June 4, 2021 2:29 PM

"Mom you're painting again.....you could sell these" - the idiotic look on the Mother's face is priceless. The rich couple who move downtown to a loft to 'be closer to the twins' - some investment company. Btw the husband is a flamer.

by Anonymousreply 520June 5, 2021 4:11 PM

W.A.P. Wet Ass Plushy 😜

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 521June 5, 2021 8:16 PM

That Downey wrinkle guard commercial with Josh makes me ill. If this company thinks that wrinkled clothes means you are having sex, I am NEVER ironing another shirt or using this fucked up product.

Poor Josh is never going to get fucked.

This is how incels are made...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 522June 6, 2021 2:49 PM

[quote] If this company thinks that wrinkled clothes means you are having sex, I am NEVER ironing another shirt or using this fucked up product.

Did you not hear Gramdma's orgasmic tones? Josh did.

by Anonymousreply 523June 6, 2021 4:11 PM

That new Popeyes commercial for the $25 meal pack combo, that guy in the back seat is absolutely gorgeous. Reminds me of this actor Carey Saxena from the Sarah Paxton show Darcy’s Wild Life.

by Anonymousreply 524June 7, 2021 5:35 AM

So, you hate the commercial or...?

by Anonymousreply 525June 7, 2021 11:29 AM

R522, that's the second in the series.

In the first, Josh brings his girlfriend home from a date and his shirt is completely wrinkled from the seatbelt. It's her mother who suggests they were having sex. That's where Josh gets the idea his grandparents were doing it in the closet.

by Anonymousreply 526June 7, 2021 1:08 PM

Some commercial for UKG - I don't know what it is or what they do, but the commercial features some emo-sounding girl singing "Manic Monday" off key. It's incredibly irritating.

by Anonymousreply 527June 7, 2021 2:55 PM

r526, Josh needs to sue Downey for fucking him up.

by Anonymousreply 528June 7, 2021 2:58 PM

[quote]Did you not hear Gramdma's orgasmic tones? Josh did.

If Josh interpreted those sounds o be orgasmic, he will grow up to be a serial rapist.

Again, is this the message you want to send Downey?

by Anonymousreply 529June 8, 2021 3:07 PM

Someone please explain that Cheerio commercial, yeah I get it's some cooking show, but why does the judge look so bizarre and eating a bowl of cereal while judging?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 530June 9, 2021 4:16 PM

Cheerio puts people in a good mood because they are heart healthy. Like that drill sergeant who can't wait to go for a walk.

The food chick stands like Trump. Is there a pole up her ass?

by Anonymousreply 531June 9, 2021 6:31 PM

Plus, she swallows that spoon like an anaconda that has disjointed it's lower jaw.

by Anonymousreply 532June 9, 2021 9:01 PM

[quote] disjointed it's lower jaw.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 533June 9, 2021 9:03 PM

[quote]Contrary to popular belief, snakes don't unhinge or dislocate their jaws. Instead, they use a specialized collection of skull bones, ligaments and muscles to open their mouths incredibly wide, allowing a snake to prey on animals that can be significantly larger than the snake itself.

It is obvious that I dislocated r533

by Anonymousreply 534June 9, 2021 9:10 PM

I’ve known some guys who can do that too.

At least I think that’s how they do it.

by Anonymousreply 535June 9, 2021 9:14 PM

However, Shaquille O'Neal being in every other commercial is wonderful. I am waiting for his tampax, trojan and MacDonald's commercials. Love the pizza, printer and insurance commercials. GO SHAQ!

Mo money, mo money, mo money!

by Anonymousreply 536June 9, 2021 11:20 PM

For anyone who hasn't noticed = Meredith Viera has replaced overrated Alex Trebek on Colonial Penn....She is worth 45 million so apparently she needs the money?...On the upside, I am pretty sure her HOT son Gabe Cohen is family...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 537June 9, 2021 11:40 PM

The previews for Kevin Can F*ck Himself, that’s pretty much a ripoff of Bray Wyatts Firefly Fun House in WWE. Starts off cute and light hearted than gets all dark and creepy. And I know this has been done before but down to the music it reminds me so much of the Monday Night RAW segment.

by Anonymousreply 538June 10, 2021 7:58 PM

That blithering woman who gushes about how she KNEW some on-line school was "the place for me" when she realized how "affordable" it is -- Univ. of N.H., maybe? She "ran" to her husband with her computer and cried "We can DO this!". I've never looked at the TV screen when this is on (which seems like always) so I haven't seen the happy couple's facial expressions, but I can just imagine how the husband must love being interrupted and the thought of spending money for his idiot wife to get an on-line college degree.

by Anonymousreply 539June 20, 2021 1:16 AM

I am utterly disgusted by this Philadelphia cream cheese ad that keeps playing on Youtube. It is nothing more than the sound of the cream cheese being spread and it fucking grosses me out.

by Anonymousreply 540June 20, 2021 1:31 AM

Everyone involved in the Oscar-Mayer commercial with the choral group singing YUM over and over should be set on fire.

by Anonymousreply 541June 20, 2021 7:23 PM

the HER pretending to play the strat Old Navy commercial is ALMOST as bad as Progressive siging hood ornament, Geico gecko, Limu Emu, wet teddy bears, etc. They hafta get yer attention somehow. For Christs sake, they're talking about Old Navy and insurance! --Disgruntled Shut-In in Flyoverstan

by Anonymousreply 542June 20, 2021 7:29 PM

singing hood ornament...with the chrome mouth inside.

by Anonymousreply 543June 20, 2021 7:30 PM

I wonder if the new Oscar Mayer commercial, especially the one cooking the dog with eye lasers, is the same crappy company that does the singing Skippy Place crap.

That have a similar hipster production look to them.

by Anonymousreply 544June 20, 2021 7:42 PM

Using a horcrux to sell car insurance is evil.

by Anonymousreply 545June 21, 2021 2:10 PM

I like to count the edits in the asthma relief commercials that want you to believe it's one long take.

by Anonymousreply 546June 21, 2021 2:35 PM

Not sure of the product name but there's one commercial I keep seeing for incontinence pads or adult diapers. It shows a woman in a large home store (think Home Depot or Lowe's) and the voice over says something like "Sue doesn't wear a tool belt so she doesn't get any help - and when she lifts, she leaks" with a store worker ignoring Sue while he plays with his cell phone. First, great way to lay on the faux misogyny as well as a jab at the evil patriarchy. 🙄 Second, I've never been in one of those stores where workers don't swarm around every shopper - male or female, young or old. You go in for something simple like batteries and they immediately begin to pepper you with questions and product suggestions.

by Anonymousreply 547June 21, 2021 2:52 PM

And...THE GUSH!!!

vomit inducing

by Anonymousreply 548June 21, 2021 9:08 PM

I hate that smug but well-built actor with the fake red handlebar mustache who peddles some kind of cheap home security system. Was he directed to appear stupid?

by Anonymousreply 549June 22, 2021 6:21 PM

Robber Larsony! Robbert Larson

Peter Davis

I'd fuck him

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550June 22, 2021 8:29 PM

The Terminix ad with the Aussie/Kiwi who pronounces DECK as DICK.

by Anonymousreply 551June 23, 2021 12:16 AM

[quote]The Terminix ad with the Aussie/Kiwi who pronounces DECK as DICK.

If that couple had yelled "Manny!" and "Belle!" as the deck fell it would have been a classic.

by Anonymousreply 552June 24, 2021 12:20 AM

"Cmon' Peloton ...I Know it Hurts".

Fuck you, I'm not paying $5000 for pain.

by Anonymousreply 553June 24, 2021 12:22 AM

R553 - definitely NOT Manhattan City Council candidate Zack Weiner

by Anonymousreply 554June 24, 2021 3:35 AM

I hate the Hershey's Smores commercial! That little girl is trying too hard to be cute, and I want to smack the Smores out of her!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 555June 24, 2021 5:27 AM

I find the anti-animal Progressive commercial to be hilarious.

Every time a Subaru commercial comes on, my mom goes, "not the fucking dogs again?"

by Anonymousreply 556June 25, 2021 5:08 PM

The fucking Tepezza commercial. The Pharma company is too spineless to show someone with the disease, so they've sent multitudes of idiots to the 'net to see photos of people afflicted with it. Ghouls.

by Anonymousreply 557June 25, 2021 5:46 PM

That huge man/woman for Biktarvy!

by Anonymousreply 558June 25, 2021 6:39 PM

Any Progressive commercial featuring that idiotic Jamie character. I just want to slap the bitch silly.

by Anonymousreply 559June 29, 2021 3:01 PM

The alcoholic beverage app Drizly advertising during the show Intervention??? 😱🤭🥴

by Anonymousreply 560June 30, 2021 6:32 AM

[quote]Any Progressive commercial featuring that idiotic Jamie character. I just want to slap the bitch silly./

I'll trade you five Jamies for one fucking ostrich guy.

by Anonymousreply 561June 30, 2021 10:26 AM

Applebee's. Welcome back America, it sure is good to see you.

by Anonymousreply 562June 30, 2021 10:33 AM

Go fuck yourself, Applebees. We assumed you were dead.

by Anonymousreply 563June 30, 2021 4:43 PM

The Wingstop commercial with them selling thighs now thanks to the shortage of wings 🥴Here’s what you do if you don’t want to keep your main focus on chicken strips. Cut the strips up and pass them off as boneless wings. The breast pieces are fried, sliced and/or cut up and battered so no one would even be the wiser. Plus it’s all white meat so who would honestly get upset over finding out you’re eating friend breast pieces instead of boneless wings. Simple as that.

by Anonymousreply 564July 1, 2021 7:51 AM

People aren't hating the Liberty Mutual emu commercials, they're popular. I like the one with it on the treadmill wearing a headband. "You're an animal!"

by Anonymousreply 565July 1, 2021 6:01 PM

I just saw one that I think has been mentioned where the emu and his wife are at the guy’s house for a barbecue with his wife.

Chicken or burger?

Lmao.

by Anonymousreply 566July 1, 2021 8:49 PM

I get a chuckle out of Kate McKinnon barely being able to walk in heels in that Verizon ad:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 567July 1, 2021 9:01 PM

I hate that one, R566!

by Anonymousreply 568July 1, 2021 9:03 PM

Absolutely DESPISE the Nissan "runaway bride" commercial. Badly edited and pointless.

by Anonymousreply 569July 1, 2021 10:11 PM

But the female lead in it is really great. Hope this leads to more for her.

Love the Three Norms too. And the blonde British woman on the Apple 'Mind Your Own Business" ad too as I mentioned above.

by Anonymousreply 570July 1, 2021 10:14 PM

Don't know why but I always get a kick out of the laundry detergent commercial with Ice-T and Stone Cold Steve Austin

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 571July 3, 2021 2:29 AM

I believe it's yet another Nissan ad, where it starts out looking like one for an electrician (we have one locally called Mr. Sparky) that pivots to the car showroom on the stupid premise that Nissan car electrics are guaranteed! I dislike their ads in general, but that one is noticeably annoying!

by Anonymousreply 572July 3, 2021 1:35 PM

Voltarin got rid of the first gay husband, and now a twink drops a champagne glass to the second.

by Anonymousreply 573July 4, 2021 7:59 PM

Does Voltarin only work on skinny, gay men?

by Anonymousreply 574July 5, 2021 3:42 AM

Love the hot dad who shrugs dryly about his two nightmare sons rolling in mud.

And what ethnicity is the new MAACO guy with the exotic wife (Persian?) who gets the sapphire blue car she wanted? He is so appealing and I don't know why.

by Anonymousreply 575July 5, 2021 11:45 PM

As much as I enjoyed Lisa Loeb back in the day, I could do without the bland insurance ad she's in. My sister and I have decided that Lisa is an accomplished sorceress who knows the secret of eternal youth, rather than admit that the CGI is amazing in that commercial.

by Anonymousreply 576July 6, 2021 6:40 AM

JLo -Goli_Hell no.

by Anonymousreply 577July 6, 2021 4:08 PM

If you thought Joe Namath was annoying in those Medicaid commercials, they found another old codger to be their spokesperson... Jimmy "JJ" Walker from "Good Times". He isn't quite as smarmy as Joe, but you'll grit your teeth when Jimmy throws in his old catchphrase "DYNOMITE"!

by Anonymousreply 578July 6, 2021 6:40 PM

These new Hanes commercials drive me mad. The guy is creepy weird and manages to exude negative sexiness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 579July 6, 2021 6:55 PM

That Tide pods commercial with the African American family and that smug little daughter of theirs with the Mickey Mouse hair all “I wash on cold to try to save the environment. Fine that she’s learning that but it’s her snarky tone that makes her seem like a total brat.

by Anonymousreply 580July 10, 2021 6:46 PM

These white guilt trip reverse racism commercials Amazon’s been advertising with how black people ONLY make up 6% of all business owner is all the country. You mean like those particular casino owners who I’m sure you’re outnumbering despite having it “much worse” in life than they’ve had it, right? I hate this victimization oneupmanship game that’s supposed to validate why you want whitey to cater to you. NOT EVERYONE, make that perfectly clear, to say EVERYONE would be totally prejudiced. I am seeing it a lot and that they’ve overcome tremendous odds is incredible but how do you think it makes the other minorities feel? How many times have you heard it’s not all a black and white issue? It makes others not in the demographic feel ostracized and alienated. That may be the whole point of these commercials but again do you want to be catered to or do you want people to support a business based on merit and how well they treat you? Aren’t we supposed to be color blind to this and just judge the business on its reputation as a whole? When did they become taboo?

by Anonymousreply 581July 10, 2021 6:49 PM

I like the debt card for children who turn out to all be white. They ran a version that added a few POCs but went back to the white privilege vversion.

by Anonymousreply 582July 10, 2021 7:02 PM

The Canva commercial. Who the hell starts putting together a presentation, WITH INPUT FROM OTHERS, 20 minutes before it's due to be presented?

by Anonymousreply 583July 13, 2021 3:25 PM

While I don't exactly hate the commercial, the Botox commercial with that old, bald queen makes me say MARY! when he starts to choke up.

by Anonymousreply 584July 14, 2021 7:22 PM

Shriveled-up Joe Namath in a tacky-looking sweater, bleating and screeching about Medicare benefits you're missing out on . Has he NO SHAME!?

by Anonymousreply 585July 14, 2021 7:36 PM

R584, he looks like a thumb without a print.

JESUS,Maaaaaaaary and Joseph.

by Anonymousreply 586July 15, 2021 1:30 AM

The Xfinity commercial where the Olympic athlete and some kid are yelling at each other through the TV. It was OK the first time. Now it fucking annoying.

I’m not sure why advertisers think that anyone wants to hear screaming children. Or screaming at all.

by Anonymousreply 587July 15, 2021 1:38 AM

Patrick Roylan.is his name and is he cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 588July 20, 2021 7:24 AM

That fucking commercial with some fatass woman in a huge bathroom with white curtains billowing in the breeze while she stares at herself in the mirror and mumbles about how she takes care of the skin on her cunt because she has incontinence. KILL IT WITH FIRE!

by Anonymousreply 589July 20, 2021 7:46 AM

Some commercial for an over the counter herbal supplemental for women who are constipated. "I'm a woman... who POOPS." "I'm proud to be a woman. And I POOP." And so on and so on for the entire commercial.

by Anonymousreply 590July 20, 2021 3:01 PM

Don't be such an old poop!

by Anonymousreply 591July 20, 2021 5:18 PM

Whenever I hear that squeaky child actor's voice saying "St. Jude is a...very special place!" I run for the remote. Cannot fucking stand it for so many reasons. Medicare for all, folks.

by Anonymousreply 592July 20, 2021 5:42 PM

Just be careful, r592.

You could trip running for the remote and wind up with a face like his.

*shudder*

by Anonymousreply 593July 20, 2021 7:05 PM

I run for the remote whenever a Progressive commercial with the insufferable ass, Jamie, turns up.

How about a new one showing a ceiling falling on him while he's eating Fruit Loops?

by Anonymousreply 594July 21, 2021 4:46 PM

The obnoxious, fat ginger slapping his hands together in The GOLI gummies spot.

by Anonymousreply 595July 23, 2021 2:49 PM

Another Voltaren commercial full of gay men married to straight women. Is this the Voptaren target market?

by Anonymousreply 596July 23, 2021 7:51 PM

Brad Garrett and his Jimmy John’s sandwich commercials.

by Anonymousreply 597July 29, 2021 12:35 AM

Jimmy John himself is a millionaire, ass-kissing, country hick. Throws lots of money around in restaurants so people will like him.

by Anonymousreply 598July 29, 2021 3:20 PM

The insurance commercial with the jump rope kids getting old, the kid on the left keeps spinning the wrong rope hand.

by Anonymousreply 599July 30, 2021 2:49 AM

Lesbians going on vacation. THERE WILL BE NO CANCELLATIONS!

by Anonymousreply 600July 31, 2021 3:25 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!