Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Commercials You're Hating: Coronavirus Lockdown Edition

If I have to hear that fucking Alicia Keys Amazon commercial one more time...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204Last Saturday at 2:46 PM

Hate me if you want but I'm sick of all the fucking huge companies trying to show their compassion during this crisis, especially banks and insurance companies! They all praise health care people on the 'front line'. They humble-brag about how much they're contributing to various causes -- what is a few million dollars to a gazillion dollar insurance company that's been feeding off of us for years? Like, I said, hate me if you want. These ads are for their own glory and good. Right now, I think my favorite is Lexus. Yep, they care a lot for us now...

by Anonymousreply 104/17/2020

The stupid GEICO commercial that’s supposed to be a blooper reel of the gecko.

Grating.

by Anonymousreply 205/05/2020

If I had a dollar for every commercial I see with the phrase "in these uncertain times", I'd be rich.

And yeah, the "blooper" Geico commercial really grates.

by Anonymousreply 305/05/2020

Or "We are here for you...."

That Time Warner Speed Freaks bullshit...

by Anonymousreply 405/05/2020

"During these difficult times..." we are here for you.

by Anonymousreply 505/05/2020

The winner! And still champeen!

Liberty Mutual, for Limu Emu and Doug!!!

by Anonymousreply 605/05/2020

The Spectrum commercials. Mostly because they are obviously non-union and the actors they hired have the humanity of yard gnomes. Usually I tune this shit out but in these uncertain times I am forced to watch.

Fuck Limu Emu & Doug. Up their butts. No lube.

by Anonymousreply 705/05/2020

Descovy for Prep. I hate the drag queen, I hate the Lin-Manuel Miranda–wannabe, I hate the gay couple talking about their future, I hate the rapping and dancing, and I hate how long it is.

by Anonymousreply 805/05/2020

"We're all in this together." No, we're not, bitch. Unless you're paying my bills, there is nothing "together" about this. I was laid off before the virus hit. I feel all alone.

by Anonymousreply 905/05/2020

[quote]Fuck Limu Emu & Doug.

So funny you posted this. I was just thinking earlier today about how much I hate those Limu commercials. Not funny or clever, just stupid and annoying.

by Anonymousreply 1005/05/2020

Some pharma product where they keep singing ABC by the Jackson Five, but instead use the name of the product. Annoying as fuck, and clearly does not work because I can’t remember the name of the medication if my life depended on it.

by Anonymousreply 1105/05/2020

Nothing will ever be worse than this,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1205/05/2020

Lerner & Rowe love the doctors and nurses! Fuck those ambulance chasing cunts, especially Lerner with his obnoxiously huge cross around his neck,

by Anonymousreply 1305/05/2020

[quote] Fuck Limu Emu & Doug. Up their butts. No lube.

Ok, Doug, maybe. But the bird? Nah.

That’s just fowl.

by Anonymousreply 1405/05/2020

Saw the My Pillow asshole hawking a book in a new commercial yesterday. Would love to take a baseball bat to that fucker’s teeth.

by Anonymousreply 1505/05/2020

DAISY DAISY DAISY DAISY DAISY DAISY DAISY. Marc Jacobs.

by Anonymousreply 1605/05/2020

ARRRRGH I hate that commercial r16. It's so fake and Children of the Corn.

by Anonymousreply 1705/05/2020

That ASPCA commercial with the abused, neglected and sad looking young animals. It’s heartbreaking but what the fuck can I do? I can’t adopt 8 fucking cats.

I’m not a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 1805/06/2020

R12 my husband and I each keep a remote nearby in case that commercial pops up and one of us is out of the room. K4K always seems to air once an hour during tax time and holidays.

Yesterday I was watching DIY and a Trump 2020 commercial came on. I hate election years, especially since NYC gets ads from the entire Tristate area, but I get the feeling this year is going to be the worst ever in terms of commercial saturation.

by Anonymousreply 1905/06/2020

Any and all progressive commercials.

by Anonymousreply 2005/06/2020

The often played stupidity of Plexaderm

by Anonymousreply 2105/06/2020

r21 The "models" used in that commercial are so horrifying I cannot believe they sell any product at all.

by Anonymousreply 2205/06/2020

I agree, R21 + R22. But I'm sure there are nitwits who overlook the "model" is slightly squinting in the "before" image to make the "after" image better. Jeebus, people are stupid.

by Anonymousreply 2305/06/2020

This godamned commercial is maddening in its late night repetitive airing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2405/06/2020

The Joe Namath one where he’s shilling for some Medicare gap plan. It’s endless and they play it over and over and over. Looks really sleazy.

How much longer can they keep playing these “we’re all in this together” crap when most of the country has already bolted out the door in search of hamburgers and haircuts and to hell with the rest of us. Really chaps my ass.

by Anonymousreply 2505/06/2020

I wish everyone with mesothelioma would just die already.

by Anonymousreply 2605/06/2020

The Calm app that shows a tree with water dripping off of the branches and the gentle sound of rain that you can barely hear.

Then after the 30 second countdown, some dumb bitch yells, "CALM!! DOWNLOAD THE FREE APP NOW!!"

by Anonymousreply 2705/06/2020

That robotic bitch Jan from Toyota "working from home," which I suspect is in fact a TV studio. It’s so fake, down to her messed up hairdo. She doesn’t have a comb at her house?

by Anonymousreply 2805/06/2020

Reviving this thread.

1. The Teams commercial with that Brit who is “living on Teams.” Microsoft has more money than God. Can’t they spring for another damn commercial? They’ve been running this one for the past two and a half months.

2. The GEICO commercials with the clogging and the rock band.

3. “Safe drivers save forty percent” — repeated over and over and over again. Its enough to drive you fucking insane.

by Anonymousreply 2905/28/2020

“Safe drivers save 40%.” “That’s totally him!”

If I have to hear that FUCKING commercial ONE more time.....!

by Anonymousreply 3005/28/2020

Humira "Nothing is everything!" Hate that song!

PediaSure commercial with the kid who talks too fast. So annoying!

by Anonymousreply 3105/28/2020

Hearing this makes me want to hurl my TV out of the window. Plus I hate how the mom just smiles as her frightened kids steals the blanket.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3205/28/2020

The motaur commercial for Progressive, which pretends the Motaur is cool and not horrifying.

by Anonymousreply 3305/28/2020

Another:

ANY commercial that uses that fucking mournful dreck “Better Days” by OneRepublic. I never want to hear that song ever again. Never.

by Anonymousreply 3405/29/2020

Any commercial for prescription medication.

by Anonymousreply 3505/29/2020

I want to kill and roast Limu Emu.

by Anonymousreply 3605/29/2020

Not Doug?

by Anonymousreply 3705/29/2020

I would be happy to kill Doug but have no desire to roast him.

by Anonymousreply 3805/29/2020

Is anyone else disturbed by the series of Amazon commercials with employees creaming themselves over what a fantastic company Amazon is to work for? I question whether they're actual employees or just actors but either way the commercials are just astoundingly blatant propaganda.

I'm reminded of this old Mad TV sketch

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3906/05/2020

Tom Selleck and reverse mortgages.

Why does he need to do this, hasn't he been on some cop show for years that is also in syndication?

by Anonymousreply 4006/05/2020

I remain utterly entranced by the Shriners commercials, particularly as see Kaleb emerge as a star!

by Anonymousreply 4106/05/2020

No adowable bwanket for you, r41!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4206/05/2020

Yes R39. When a company knows they have major PR issues, they resort to “selling” their employees. It is so blatantly hypocritical and such bullshit. Fuck Amazon.

by Anonymousreply 4306/05/2020

I'm annoyed by those Panda Express commercials. You know, the ones where they sing popular English songs in Chinese (Cantonese?). That worked the first time, but now it's a tiresome gimmick.

by Anonymousreply 4406/05/2020

I like to punch that 40 yr old midget and strangle Caleb with that adorable blanket

by Anonymousreply 4506/05/2020

R45 actually he’s not 40, but a high school student—he goes to the one I attended 40 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 4606/06/2020

Another vote for those "Apart, together." Commercials where they Zoom out and everyone is on Zoom. Can we get back to real life please??

by Anonymousreply 4706/06/2020

I appreciated the message of those “Seize the Awkward” commercials the first 17 times I saw them. Now they grate.

by Anonymousreply 4806/06/2020

Is that Ahbed from Community in that Descovy for PReP commercial? Only thing is he has a deep Brooklyn accent. I know for sure Simone from Head Of the Class is in another one of those medication commercials with her granddaughter I’m guessing. She’s still kind of pretty. If it were her costar Dennis it’d probably be for some kind of teen foot blister medication commercial since he has a thing for teenage toes.

by Anonymousreply 4906/06/2020

Shriners is running a very old commercial in which Alec looks like a young kid. Maybe they're trying to make sure he still gets paid, since he's kind of aged out of the spokesperson role an been replaced with Caleb.

by Anonymousreply 5006/06/2020

The Crunch bar commercial with a mixed race family. It’s just so fucking stupid and not creative at all.

Mom: Hi. I’m Joanna. And our favorite bar is Crunch.

Weird androgynous looking kid in a baseball uniform, eating a piece of chocolate: Mmmm, crunchy.

The end.

by Anonymousreply 5106/06/2020

R32, it bugs me that the mom's blanket smells like lavender, but the kid's doesn't, and that she lets him go back to bed by himself instead of getting her lazy ass up and walking her frightened child back (or at least cuddling him for a minute before he goes).

by Anonymousreply 5206/06/2020

R52, I asked myself, "Why doesn't she just invite the kid to sleep in her bed for one night...or at least until the storm is over, and then carry him back to his own bed?"

That creepy, trying-to-hard-to-be-cute song annoys me, too.

by Anonymousreply 5306/06/2020

Those Sonic commercials with that Jonathan Lipnike knockoff wannabe looking more like Drew Carey’s bastard son. In the first commercial with Sufjan Stevens playing in the background you could not understand a damn word he’s saying. Sounds like a nervous swan before being made into a Björk dress only with glasses 🤓 How I long for those older commercials however. Well Sonic does sell Red Bull smoothies so in a way it makes sense that he’s so off the wall batshit bonkers.

by Anonymousreply 5406/07/2020

I can’t stand one more commercial that uses Zoom or Microsoft Teams or whatever. The novelty lasted about five minutes and that was two months ago.

by Anonymousreply 5506/07/2020

That Downey commercial btw....There’s this episode of Friends where Phoebe purposely tries to get herself sick to have this sexy rasp in her voice. The way the lady “singing” in that commercial to sound all hipster millennial songwriter, it sounds like she went overboard. If the bitch doesn’t have covid by now I’d be amazed. Reminds me of that douche singing in the Trident gum commercial trying desperately to sound like Peter Gabriel where the boy plays chess with the old man.

by Anonymousreply 5606/07/2020

Sometimes I think over half of the commercials are either drug companies peddling drugs, or lawyers suing those drug companies because the drugs they sell are defective.

by Anonymousreply 5706/07/2020

The other half are insurance companies.

by Anonymousreply 5806/07/2020

Any commercial that has a Zoom-like conference call. Like it's bad enough we have to deal with that in real life, we don't need to see it in commercials, too. And often the audio is poorly done because I think they are actually using real webcam video.

It's crazy how many ads the insurance companies are running. Methinks they have too much money.

by Anonymousreply 5906/07/2020

R49 Do you mean Christopher Rivas?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6006/07/2020

Charmin has upped the cringe factor in their commercials with the cartoon bears. The latest one shows the bears sitting and rubbing their butts against the chair in a very gross manner. The voice-over says something about "Is your present TP not getting you clean enough and causing you some itchiness. You will not have that problem if you use Charmin". Do not want to think about some bear scratching his nasty butthole.

Another thing - these Charmin ads always have the male bear having itchy butt or skidmarked underwear. Do the female bears not get butt problems? I suspect that they know that women mostly buy the TP and they don't want to show them looking nasty... gotta keep the buyers happy.

by Anonymousreply 6106/08/2020

No, women usually don’t have “those” problems. That’s why they can wear thong underwear easier.

Men wipe like they’re doing long division: they always leave a remainder.

by Anonymousreply 6206/08/2020

I think the Charmin ads use the male bears as the problematic ones because they can just focus on the butt. If they bring females into the equation they will have to delve into the fact that women use the product to wipe TWO areas and that may take the product into a realm that could be seen as erotic... in the minds of really immature people.

by Anonymousreply 6306/08/2020

R62 — That’s called “residoo-doo.”

by Anonymousreply 6406/08/2020

Totally agreed R39. If you're such a great company and you hail your employees as heroes, then you should have doubled their wages and provided them with PPE during the frickin' pandemic AMAZON.

Those Kaiser Permanente commercials with Allison Janney's voice droning on and on about how we need to wash up and we'll be together again, blah, blah, blah. Gee thanks Allison for reminding me to wash my hands and stay clean. I kind of already do that as a normal, functioning human being but thanks for the reminder anyway. It's not so much the commercial itself that's annoying, but the fact that it gets played every two minutes on TV. STOP, we get it.

The other celebrity voice commerical that annoys me is the one with Phylicia Rashad for American Family Insurance. It's the same droning voice and the same replay over and over and over again. It's like they're trying to brainwash us.

by Anonymousreply 6506/08/2020

Ads for cheap cremations, nicotine gum, bleach and disinfectant. They don't mention Covid but they hope to profit from it.

by Anonymousreply 6606/08/2020

Those stupid Progressive ads.

by Anonymousreply 6706/08/2020

1-877- Kars for Kids. Donate your car today.

by Anonymousreply 6806/18/2020

"We are here for you". (And then, we'll remove "for you" and just be "here".)

by Anonymousreply 6906/18/2020

I'm also tired of all those commercials showing adults doing silly things on iPhone cameras during the lockdown.

A prime contender:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7006/18/2020

The Dominos commercial with the chubby kid at the end who’s all “I’m just glad I don’t have to share with you guys anymore!” Always wondered what Cartman would look like in real life minus the hat and coat. Physically he’s not thar bad yet but by his selfish tone he’s definitely headed that way.

by Anonymousreply 7106/18/2020

R46 I bet he ask his teacher "pass me and you'll get this adorable blanket "

by Anonymousreply 7206/23/2020

R21 was thinking the same way too. Also thinking why is domino's preaching selfishness. Like to throw that pizza on that child's face

by Anonymousreply 7306/23/2020

R54 that sonic commercial I would of dump that poindexter kid in the dumpster.

by Anonymousreply 7406/23/2020

The iPad pro commercial with the Garfunkel and Oates soundalike song. Seriously G&O should sue

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7506/23/2020

[quote] l I would of dump

Oh, dear x2!

by Anonymousreply 7606/24/2020

Fuck you, TD BANK!!

Just saw their LGBT commercial ostensibly in support of Pride month.

Here’s what it said:

[quote]...when trans people of color stood up to the police...

Fuck you right in your trans-loving ass!

by Anonymousreply 7706/26/2020

Oh! Oh! Oh! Ozempic!

by Anonymousreply 7806/26/2020

R78, this is me WWing you 1,000 times.

by Anonymousreply 7906/26/2020

The men’s Dove 3 in 1 bar soap commercial. The douche in the commercial has one of those Mr. Sheffield streaks in his hair so it looks like he’s a moron who got soap in his hair. Who’s idea is it to hire someone with a streak in his hair for a soap commercial where he’s washing his face?

by Anonymousreply 8006/28/2020

The Advil demonic coffee house version of Praise You. Can we please have a moratorium on female singers with flat affect and slowed down, funereal versions of pop songs?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8106/28/2020

The GEICO ad with the people standing by as some HOA cunt vandalizes their home.

by Anonymousreply 8206/28/2020

I actually love that one, r82.

It’s hysterical with just a touch of realism.

by Anonymousreply 8306/30/2020

[quote] Who’s idea is it

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 8406/30/2020

Gap will never be surpassed!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8506/30/2020

Everybody In Cords! (1999)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8606/30/2020

There's a commercial for toothpaste (I think) with that annoying DJ Khaled. DJK shows up in some guys bathroom and give him pointers on brushing his teeth correctly. I detest DJK and always wonder why he's "famous" - no personality and a fame whore and questionable DJ skills and I'm hoping his 15 minutes is up soon than later. The less I see him, the better.

by Anonymousreply 8706/30/2020

It's a GEICO ad, r87.

by Anonymousreply 8806/30/2020

I like that one too R83. I always crack up when the neighbor pushing the stroller says to the couple "I see you've met Cynthia".

by Anonymousreply 8907/04/2020

Who watches commercials? Just DVR everything and fast-forward through the commercials. You guys are stuck in the year 2000, eh?

by Anonymousreply 9007/04/2020

R 48: Another vote for those seize the awkward moment commercials . I might be oversensitive, mentally ill, or both but that MUSIC they play and the SET seems to trivialize an important issue AND I expect to see Vincent price lurking in the background

by Anonymousreply 9107/04/2020

I wish they would rerun the Geico commercial where Peter Pan flies into a school reunion “Hey you look great. Not a day over seventy , am I rught ?”

by Anonymousreply 9207/04/2020

R92 I thought that Peter was cute

by Anonymousreply 9307/04/2020

The Ocrevus commercials that starts off with the lady writing a letter to her M.S. Who writes letters to their diseases? “Dear the Clap, Dear nail fungus, Dear ringworm”, like wtf? Is it supposed to be empowering or something? Did the ad reps get together in some meeting and came to this conclusion? 🤷🏻

by Anonymousreply 9407/06/2020

I hate that damned"safe drivers save 40%" campaign and, by extension, the actor Dennis Hassel-whateverthefuckhisnameis!

If your commercial annoys me, I will not buy your product. Get it!

by Anonymousreply 9507/06/2020

This new Reynolds Wrap commercial with this ukulele, twee, girly, songwriter jingle reeks of Zoey Deschanel. Sounds like those songs they’d play for Target or the new iPod commercial from back in the day. Obnoxiously sugary even for j or k-pop.

by Anonymousreply 9607/06/2020

I hate the commercial for Coffee Mate in which the guy says “I’ve had a cup or two... hundred.” Really? 200 cups is a lot of coffee? That’s not even a cup per day for a year.

by Anonymousreply 9707/12/2020

I want every commercial featuring the Liberty Mutual Insurance guy, his Emu, "Flo" from Progressive, her little crew, and anything with that gecko... I want them all to be burned in a massive dumpster fire.

I hate them. I hate them all. The insufferable insurance commercials attempting to be campy or cutesy... it's just... ENOUGH already!!!

by Anonymousreply 9807/12/2020

That durge of the song "praise you" where Advil is "praising" all the healthcare workers.... Basically playing to all the fame-whoring nurses who've spent the last five months posting Facebook and TikTok videos showing them "dancing off the stress"... I dont' know what I hate more, famewhore nurses, the commercial or the awful singer who takes a great song and makes it some creepy goth like funeral song.

by Anonymousreply 9907/12/2020

The Loan Depot commercial... “Just staying home with my family, working hard...we all are so grateful...”. So smarmy and fake.

by Anonymousreply 10007/12/2020

The commercials for those new bank cards (Chime and Greenlight are two of them) that have people boasting "I get my paycheck two days earlier than my coworkers!". They phrase it like it's some miracle, like the money comes out of thin air and it's "extra" cash that helps them pay bills or spend for fun. If you have any sense, you realize that it's the SAME MONEY they always have and even if they get it 1-2 days earlier. It 's not some windfall - it's a marketing ploy. I always wonder who falls for that crap.

by Anonymousreply 10107/12/2020

I fucking hate this new Heineken COVID commercial. That over-the-top braying rendition of "That's Life" by Sinatra at the end makes me want to smash my TV.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10207/12/2020

State Farm. Liked how they included a cameo by the original Jake, who is still toiling away at his cubicle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10307/12/2020

WE STICK TOGETHER IN ANY OLD KIND OF WEATHER...YOU’RE MY FRENEMY

okay I can’t understand what they’re singing but death to shouty children’s choirs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10407/12/2020

Amy Schumer playing with tampons

by Anonymousreply 10507/12/2020

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10607/12/2020

What are you wearing, Jake from State Farm? Um, khakis.

by Anonymousreply 10707/13/2020

The PlutoTV platform runs ads every 5 minutes, and they always include this goddamn "I. Bought. A. Van!" spot. Apparently this is part one of a series, but this is the only one they show. By the 10th viewing, I want to punch that ugly guy's Chicklet teeth out! Is there any way to tell my "smart" TV to stop showing me this fucking ad?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10807/20/2020

I have always hated the singing of the 1-877-KARS4KIDS jingle... I get that it’s going for a “regular person singing” vibe, but the kid on the one I heard today sounded particularly unpleasant.

by Anonymousreply 10907/20/2020

Things are gettin' clearer & I feel free. Fucked up skin Yeah, that's on me.

Nothing and me go hand in hand... nothing on my skin, that’s my new plan. Nothing is everything!

I see nothing in a different way and it’s my moment so I just gotta say...

NOTHING IS EVERYTHIIIIING.

by Anonymousreply 11007/20/2020

That Franzia box wine commercial using the Thank You For Being a Friend song.

by Anonymousreply 11107/21/2020

I feel your pain SOOOO much, r110.

by Anonymousreply 11207/21/2020

I pretty much hate every commercial from corporations telling me how I should feel about the coronavirus.

by Anonymousreply 11307/21/2020

I hate the Progressive Insurance commercials. I have them for insurance and I'm ready to cancel my policy because of their shitty commercials. The Bigfoot one is okay, the rest suck and are so fucking annoying

by Anonymousreply 11407/21/2020

Their current radio commercials are just as annoying r114.

by Anonymousreply 11507/22/2020

Amy Pohler in that damn Xfinity “threat” commercial. Bitch, shut the fuck up, and leave the damn dog, Abby, alone.

by Anonymousreply 11607/27/2020

Trumpy Bear and the drug ad with the mom playing make believe with her daughter because this miracle pill gets rid of her depression and allows her to spend every second playing pirate or monster robot with her kid.

by Anonymousreply 11707/27/2020

I cringe every time I see that damned Tena Intimates ad with the lovely woman purring at herself in the mirror and talking about her vaginal skin.

Delightful!

by Anonymousreply 11807/27/2020

I loathe any commercial based on the pretext that we're all happily in the process of getting "back to normal." Our national death and infection rates have never been worse, but the circus-peanut-in-chief doesn't like how that makes him look, so companies are hopping on this bullshit bandwagon of "Good thing THAT'S over, huh?" just to get their customers back.

My work from home orders have just been extended until at least the end of this year, masks became mandatory in my county last month, I'm more worried than ever for my elderly parents in Florida, and fucking Applebee's is running a "Welcome back, America!" ad.

by Anonymousreply 11907/28/2020

That little girl or demon spawn, whatever, in that Shaqeroni Papa Johns commercial at 25 seconds in? Omg she scares the bejesus out of me. I know Shaw likes to shill more than anyone but Shan’s exorcism?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12008/17/2020

Shaq’s Exorism that is, thanks for ruining it spell check 🙄🙄🙄

by Anonymousreply 12108/17/2020

This is annoying in the typical Liberty Mutual way. But what makes this particularly surreal for me is that the voice coming out of the overweight, middle age sketch artist sounds to be Swoozie Kurtz. Why?

And then I think to myself, nah, that just sounds like Swoozie Kurtz. But no, it is definitely Swoozie. Right?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12208/17/2020

Sorry R122, I don't hear it. She doesn't sound like Swoozie Kurtz to me, though the hair color is similar.

by Anonymousreply 12308/18/2020

Have they retired Flo from Progressive?

by Anonymousreply 12408/18/2020

[quote] Have they retired Flo from Progressive?

Oh, God, no. She’s on constantly.

by Anonymousreply 12508/18/2020

"Condoms, Charlie. She wants to know if you brought any." I laughed the first time I saw it but it's been played out by now.

by Anonymousreply 12608/18/2020

The Statefarm commercial with that poor mans Nick Offerman.

by Anonymousreply 12709/02/2020

“Ronnabe Swanson” 😝

by Anonymousreply 12809/04/2020

I don't watch broadcast TV so I don't have to suffer through commercials. Fortunately, I created a video collection so all my TV viewing is DVD, sans advertising.

That being said, in regards to the statement how companies are playing out on false sympathy, I walked by a Duane Reed recently and noticed a sign that said, "You will always have a home at Duane Reed". I shouted out, "Yeah? Where's my bedroom?"

by Anonymousreply 12909/04/2020

"Papa Murphy's presents: how to change the way you peet-ZAAAH."

"Papa Murphy's. Change the way you peet-ZAAAH!"

by Anonymousreply 13009/04/2020

Don't know the exact product but the one for the shingles vaccine featuring he middle-ages couple.

Voice-over: "You can now get a vaccine for shingles"

Woman: "WHAAAAaaaaAAAAT?!?"

Man enters: "What is it honey?"

Woman: "You can now get a vaccine for shingles."

Man: "WHAAAAaaaaAAAAT?!?"

by Anonymousreply 13109/04/2020

Giving myself an "Oh dear" for the typos

by Anonymousreply 13209/04/2020

There's a National Rifle Association anti-Biden ad that keeps showing up on my YouTube feed in which a woman is being chased by a couple of men. She gets in her car and reaches for a hand gun, which is just lying out there. Then there's a cut away, the hand gun is gone and broken glass blows into the shot. I still can't figure out what's supposed to have happened. Did she shoot the bad guys through her car window? Did the hand gun magically disappear because Joe Biden took it away and the bad guys broke her window? Why is she trying to shoot the guys instead of just driving away?

by Anonymousreply 13309/04/2020

In general I'm tired of these gonzo-themed, outlandish commercials that usually feature:

-Some completely bonkers situation - person or persons calmly sitting without reaction to the situation

Liberty Mutual, Geico, Progressive, Little Caesars, there are just too many of them!

by Anonymousreply 13409/04/2020

I’m sick of Alphonso on the Devoto drug commercial. It’s like watching a full-length movie.

by Anonymousreply 13509/12/2020

"It should not be taken by children under 6 years of age, nor should it be taken by children age 6 to under 18".

by Anonymousreply 13609/12/2020

R119--Amen, Mate!

by Anonymousreply 13709/12/2020

R131, I had no idea what you were talking about.

Now that commercial is seemingly everywhere. I hate it too and think of you whenever I see it.

by Anonymousreply 13809/13/2020

The ad for a product called FemiClear, a yeast infection remedy. The ad shows two women in a yoga class, where one happily says that her "hooha" is happy because she fixed her yeast problem. What pushes this to the edge of tasteless is that the victim does these yoga poses, legs spread, right in her friends face. I guess this is to highlight that her vag is fresh and clean and doesn't have a bread odor anymore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13909/15/2020

This Toyota commercial where they play Bob Marley and the truck stops upon a Buffalo. What makes it so bad? They didn’t play Buffalo Soldier. WTF! The commercial had written itself if they had only played the right song.

by Anonymousreply 14009/21/2020

The ad with Dr. James Kojian. What is up with his face?

by Anonymousreply 14109/21/2020

The one the straights might like that’s super distracting is this gum commercial where this lady wakes up her daughter but the mother’s tits are so huge I can’t tell if she pushes or tugs at her to wake her or if one of her giant knockers doesn’t smack her in the face to wake her. Don’t think I’ve ever seen a black lady with tits that enormous. It’s supposed to promote friendship and caring and sharing but all I see are those melons so I’m wondering if it’s for like watermelon flavored gum or something cause that would connect things together a little better I suppose 🤔

by Anonymousreply 14209/21/2020

👇🏻

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14309/22/2020

I hate those sad, red-eye warned out front-line medical workers. I don't even know what the commercial is selling, other than sad, tired, looking folks during COVID. I always fast-forward, because it seems to glorify the weariness of the profession.

by Anonymousreply 14409/22/2020

The one with Idina Menzel shrieking. I don't even know what it's selling because I'm always distracted by Idina shrieking.

by Anonymousreply 14509/23/2020

What dud ut tyake fur me ta bit lumphoma? Ut tyook en uncorrect d’yagnosus, a fyailed styum-sull trensplent, en one cyall to Um Dee Yendersun Cyencer Sinner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14609/23/2020

That kid who’s cute and all but he asks his cancer ridden girlfriend to the prom but before that he gets his head shaved. He was cutest at first before telling the barber “shorter” than again the barber thinks he’s done, “shorter.” Than the barber frustrated says “that would be a shave!” I totally get his frustration though cause he came in and didn’t even tell the barber he wanted a completely bare scalp. He’s pretty so he can get away with it but the rest of the commercial is so sappy from the music to the cancer girls reaction. Shown quite frequently as of late but if it weren’t for the eye candy I’d lose my mind from seeing it so much.

It’s not as bad as the father dropping his daughter off to the dorm before they play Celine’s Because You Loved Me. Very “Butterfly Kisses” cheesy sap but the fact that they didn’t play actual “Butterfly Kisses” tells you they already knew it was corny enough as it is. The dialogue was even more horrid like it was made to be shown on the 700 Club or something.

by Anonymousreply 14710/17/2020

[quote] before telling the barber “shorter” than again the barber thinks he’s done, “shorter.”

Oh, dear!

[quote]Than the barber frustrated says “that would be a shave!”

Oh, DEAR!

by Anonymousreply 14810/18/2020

Constant political attack ads

by Anonymousreply 14910/18/2020

There’s one for a car that’s on every god damn night.

It starts with a treacly song and a couple with a baby and ends with them almost getting creamed backing out of their driveway by a truck.

I now wish they would’ve gotten smashed by that fucking truck, except for the baby who I’m sure even he thinks the commercial is beneath him.

by Anonymousreply 15010/18/2020

I hate the COVID American Career College commercials with the tired faces of the front line workers. Agh!

by Anonymousreply 15110/19/2020

The Bitarvy HIV drug commercial with the big ugly tranny in the bad wig.

by Anonymousreply 15210/19/2020

Oh dear....how passive aggressive of you 👍👍 Good job. Anyway, I could have sworn one of the guys in the Popeyes commercial squeals after biting into their new sandwich. How does squealing make people want to buy a product?. Unless you’re selling banjos or something keep the squealing to your damn self. It’s creepy as hell.

Also recently heard someone on a commercial “millennialize” the song Time After Time. I know they loving slowing down popular songs but this ones kind of on the same pace just very hipster raspy voiced Cat Power/Feist/Fiona Apple stylized like every other popular song they cover in commercials these days.

Also my brother says they politicized a Vaseline commercial and made in all BLM. Im mean I guess Vaseline makes your skin less chappy but the fact that you even equate Vaseline with chappiness, they’ll probably say YOU ARE racist for thinking that. So you can’t complain, you can’t rationalize, so I guess you just go with it I guess. Fortunately it’s not being aired much since I haven’t even seen it but I hope it’s not as bad as that shaving cream politicized commercial from a year ago. That was brutal. I was expecting them to bust out Kamba ya ma Lord by the end.

by Anonymousreply 15310/20/2020

"Condoms, Charlie! She wants to know if you brought any condoms!" Keep waiting for someone to do a parody version. "My little girl is wondering if you're going to pork her in her old bedroom!"

by Anonymousreply 15410/21/2020

They've rolled out the Prevagen scarecrow again. It must be autumn!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15510/22/2020

The one where the guy thinks he’s gonna zoom with his wife’s friends but they all actually show up and he’s in his undies. Lots of interracial couples in these commercials lately (at least on the west coast, don’t know about the south) which I could by especially if the white girls are on the thicker side, but a straight brotha in righty whities? That’s stretching it....well so to speak and probably literally from what I’ve seen 😝

by Anonymousreply 15610/22/2020

Those annoying radio commercials with the "sooooooounds of ___________. The year is 2018/2019 and _____ is in a movie theater getting up to get some snacks. Excuse me excuse me excuse me

The ATT cell phone store girl.

by Anonymousreply 15710/22/2020

[quote] which I could by especially

How’s that now?

by Anonymousreply 15810/23/2020

👇🏻

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15910/26/2020

The Netspend commercial, they try to make it sound like it's not a prepaid debit card. and the fucking dork talking about flowers for his mom. He looks like a 12 year old in a suit

by Anonymousreply 16010/26/2020

I love my TIVO because it skips all commercials. I haven't seen a TV commercial in years

by Anonymousreply 16110/26/2020

The Chase ad with midget homophobe Kevin Hart screeching at his neighbor across the street that they...deserve something? Not sure. Anything with Kevin Hart I tune out.

The Amy Poehler ad where she basically does a home invasion showing off all the rooms with internet. I wish the homeowners would pull out a gun and shoot her in the face.

The Kinder Bueno ad where a white woman basically steals candy while everyone oohs and ahh.

by Anonymousreply 16210/26/2020

The Liberty Insurance commercials with the two black kids in awful afro wigs (why?) staring at a video game display looking like they have learning disabilities.

by Anonymousreply 16310/26/2020

R156, I have also noticed that there are many interracial couples in these commercials.

by Anonymousreply 16410/26/2020

The Kraft macaroni and cheese commercials with the obnoxious brats dictating what they will and will not eat, e.g. "then we'll just sleep here" after mother tells them they can't leave the table before eating all their vegetables or whatever.

Don't try these stunts at home, kids, especially during pandemic lockdown; there are no teachers to notice and report the palm prints on your faces the next day.

by Anonymousreply 16510/26/2020

Might we take a moment to give special thanks for, at the very least, the fact we're no longer seeing the precious "in this together" commercials we were being bombarded by just a few months ago? You remember; the ones with all the stay-at-home mommies and daddies doing precious things with their little preciouses? The fake 'home video" footage showing daddies trying to ballet dance with their little Skylars and Haleighs, mommies staging cheer signs from their windows, 'thanking" all the nurses? Complete with childlike yet oh-so-professionally designed Crayola type lettering? All while a somber yet hopeful baritone voice narrates in the background about how this is the time we're all really just "one family looking out for one another"?

Yes, let us at least give thanks for that.

by Anonymousreply 16610/26/2020

Any commercial where nurses are dancing or making 'heart hands', or doing anything other than their fucking jobs. I'm really sick of those.

by Anonymousreply 16710/26/2020

The wrinkle-guard one where the grandson sees his grandparents coming out of the closet with wrinkled clothes and he gets disgusted and runs off. It's so stupid. Then he sees them again and says, "Hey, popop", which is also very stupid.

by Anonymousreply 16810/26/2020

The one with that tacky blonde from "Shark Tank" who's hocking her equally tacky see-through purse that you can stick your mobile phone in.

by Anonymousreply 16910/26/2020

I hate the Leaf Filter commercials they show on CNN all the time, but I love the hot daddy spokesperson.

by Anonymousreply 17010/27/2020

R169 I love my purse! Only $19.99!

by Anonymousreply 17110/27/2020

R170....you mean the one whose eyes are so close together he only needs one lens in his sunglasses???

He looks like he’s missing a few chromosomes.

by Anonymousreply 17210/27/2020

I about die laughing whenever the Shriners Hospital ad comes on, thinking about you all. 😄

by Anonymousreply 17310/27/2020

Joe Fucking Namath hocking Medicare supplemental scams. Fuck!!!

by Anonymousreply 17410/27/2020

The ones that take place in an office and no one is wearing a mask.

by Anonymousreply 17510/27/2020

R173 They're ah-doe-abuhl!

by Anonymousreply 17610/28/2020

Wait until the ASPCA homeless pets get a load of their "I'll Stand By You" theme song being used by that other group. Baby, it's gonna be teeth, hair and eyeballs!

by Anonymousreply 17710/28/2020

The Skyrizi commercial. Absolutely stupid lyrics, and the obligatory millennial whoop at the end = ohhh ahhh ohh ahhh ohhhhh!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17810/28/2020

For kings, this queen, and you royals in between!

by Anonymousreply 17910/29/2020

So many commercials that seem to have the same annoying female vocalist with this annoying catch in her voice, as well as serious vocal fry. I first noticed it in those awful Phoenix University ads - we hated on those here before. After that, the voice seemed to be in every other commercial. Can’t be just me...

by Anonymousreply 18010/29/2020

Well, our deal Alfonso from the Dovato commercials - the Rastafarian queen who did the charity walk - has passed on and has been replaced by Kalvin (with a "K," kids), a twinky bleached blonde self-described "fitness buff" with a Flock of Seagulls haircut who does exercises in the garage with with his mom and bear husband and who gives presentations to co-workers in his role as PEER EDUCATOR.

by Anonymousreply 18110/29/2020

The Ask Marcum commercial featuring the high-powered cunty female executive marching to the elevator bank, her fearful toadies trailing behind her as she barks orders at them.

Every time I see that one, I get a sick feeling my stomach, remembering how much I despise the corporate world and how glad I am that I'm now working from home and don't have to be subject to that bullshit 5 days a week any longer.

by Anonymousreply 18210/30/2020

Is it true the lady with the giant knockers in that bubblegum commercial is only 15 years? I forgot the brand but it features one black girl who’s clearly a teenager and a girl who I thought was her mother. Anyway they’re in her room and from what I’ve read the big boobed friend is Swedish black like the Cherrys, Nenah and Eagle Eye. So it’s all about sharing and kind of being a tad preachy & trying to be all sentimental. Anyway if the girl really is 15 why are they even having her dress that provocatively like she’s trying out to be a Hooter waitress or something?

Only thing worse is this other I think insulin or diabetes related commercial where the girl is CLEARLY 7 or 8 and has the diabetic product in her pocket, only thing is you see more pocket than daisy duke shorts. Now why a 7 year old would even be wearing daisy dukes in the first place is disturbing enough in its own right

by Anonymousreply 18311/10/2020

👇👇👇👇

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18411/10/2020

Omnipad is the product with the 8 year old in daisy dukes. Shame on her parents. She’s gonna be a hand full. Watch out Maury.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18511/11/2020

That Emeril Arthritis medication commercial where the play an instrumental version of Supergrass’ Alright depresses the hell out of me. One of the famous lines is “we are young” cause them, Ash, Bis, Shampoo, Kenickie, etc. all these up and coming britpop acts were teenagers when their earliest singles came out, now they’re being played in Arthritis commercials. Way to make us feel ancient 😔

by Anonymousreply 18611/15/2020

The one with the little girl with the missing teeth yelling and mocking the race car driver. If she really grows up to be as big a nascar fan as she seems to be in this commercial I’m sure she’s gonna be that loud all her life, and the missing teeth? Well isn’t she already part of their core audience? 😝

by Anonymousreply 18711/16/2020

👆🏻👆🏻👆🏻👆🏻Domino’s

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18811/16/2020

Pretty much all Volvo commercials, but the currently airing "Blow a Kiss" tops my list in the Can't-Get-To-The-Mute-Button-Fast-Enough category. I hate it even more now that my Google search for the song title (you know, in case it wasn't "We Need Someone to Lean On") took me down this rabbit hole: 1. There are six people listed as songwriters; 2. One of those six geniuses needs four names, William Sami Etienne Grigahcine, and is also known as DJ Snake; 3. There was all that writing, some remixing, rewriting, and rearrranging after which it was offered to and rejected by Rihanna and then Nicki Minaj before being recorded by Major Lazer; 4. Per Wikipedia, "An ethereal version of the song, recorded by Squeak E Clean Studios with vocal by Kit Conway, is used as background music for a series of television commercials for the 2020 Volvo XC90 plug-in hybrid automobile"; and, 5. The lyrics were changed for the commercial to "blow a kiss into the sun" (is that a thing?) from "blow a kiss, fire a gun." That last one at least gave me a chuckle when I read a Reddit poster who wrote, "I think they changed the lyrics because they knew they'd inspire a bunch of us to get guns and shoot people driving Vulvas." Yes, written as "Vulvas."

by Anonymousreply 18911/16/2020

Tom Fucking Deplorable Selleck and his “Reverse Mortgage” spiel! Ugghhh!

by Anonymousreply 19011/16/2020

DJ Lore (whoever she is) and her irritating commercial for "Nopalina" (whatever that is)

It's all over Pluto TV, I swear every five minutes. And it's in Spanish, which I neither speak nor understand.

😖 I think she might be either bloated or constipated.

by Anonymousreply 19111/16/2020

🎶Every mornin’ at half past 4...🎶

Save the baby but get creamed by the truck you almost backed into because you’re an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 19211/17/2020

R168 i would like to take that grandson into the closet and Winkle his clothes

by Anonymousreply 19311/17/2020

R181 that Kelvin guy is better then that dead spider hair black guy.

by Anonymousreply 19411/17/2020

I watch TCM so get to avoid most annoying commercials, thank god, but I agree with the poster above regarding the “in these uncertain times” open. Blech.

by Anonymousreply 19511/17/2020

Dupixent! Apparently if I have asthma and take this miracle drug, I can hit a piñata, go down a slip-n-slide, and hold a purse over my head as I dash to my car in the rain. Life is so carefree now! Thanks Dupixent!

by Anonymousreply 19611/17/2020

I’ll ask this embarrassing question here. Doug and Limu. When the big chicken sits on the soccer ball. Is that a CGI bird or a trained hen thingie.

by Anonymousreply 19711/17/2020

😝 #AloneTogether

by Anonymousreply 19811/17/2020

Who’s the gay cutie in the new Warbly Parker commercial? Definitely an improvement from their last with the two guys, on black, one maybe Samoan or of Hawaiian decent. Both had the weirdest styled hair you’d ever seen. You can tell if they even had hair and makeup with Covid and all, they were students at best. From the look of it C- students at best.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199Last Wednesday at 1:28 AM

Fleetwood Mac/Oceanspray. Go away.

by Anonymousreply 200Last Wednesday at 6:55 AM

Those Joe Namath Medicare commercials, god he looks and sounds pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 201Last Wednesday at 7:43 AM

R122 that is NOT Swoosie Kurtz!

It is this actress, whose GH character was killed by a serial killer. Her severed head was found in an Apple barrel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202Last Wednesday at 3:00 PM

Theres a new Home Depot commercial that airs 3 or 4 times straight, same commercial all in the same commercial break back to back to back.

by Anonymousreply 203Last Friday at 11:05 PM

The Popeyes chicken sandwich commercial where the people make the most ungodly noises signifying their approval of the damn sandwich as if they’d just been given manna from heaven.

by Anonymousreply 204Last Saturday at 2:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!