Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Disney+

Is anybody else binge watching old Disney Channel shows like, That’s So Raven or Lizzie McGuire?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33June 6, 2020 11:50 PM

Can you watch the Suite Life & Wizards of Waverly Place too?

by Anonymousreply 1April 17, 2020 12:29 AM

R1 yup. Those are on there. So is Kim Possible and Hannah Montana.

by Anonymousreply 2April 17, 2020 12:35 AM

My kids and nephew are rewatching “iCarly”.

Fuck Disney.

by Anonymousreply 3April 17, 2020 12:47 AM

No.

by Anonymousreply 4April 17, 2020 12:49 AM

No...I’m not a ten year old girl.

by Anonymousreply 5April 17, 2020 12:50 AM

I was watching some old Suite Life episodes the other day, and I couldn't stop thinking about how much hotter Dylan Sprouse has become. Who would've thought?

by Anonymousreply 6April 17, 2020 12:55 AM

I'm really enjoying Song of the South.

by Anonymousreply 7April 17, 2020 1:14 AM

Yeah. I was watching Raven. I loved that show when I was younger. Now I realize it’s just a rip-off of I Love Lucy. Instead of a middle aged house wife who wants to be in the show it’s a psychic teenager who has wacky visions. There are so many scenarios stolen from Lucy on That’s So Raven.

by Anonymousreply 8April 17, 2020 1:19 AM

R7 I think Disney has paid heavies to knock on peoples doors who are even trying to sell Song of the South VHS copies on Ebay! Doesn't Burl Ives sing Ugly Bug Ball in it?

by Anonymousreply 9April 17, 2020 1:28 AM

I've been watching all the old Nostalgia live actions ones like Escape to Witch Mountain, Freaky Friday and Candleshoe. And seriously, how butch was Jodie Foster when she was a child? I never noticed watching those films where I was a kid, but she's like a boy. I think if she had been born 40 years later she would have called herself Trans.

by Anonymousreply 10April 17, 2020 1:30 AM

R3 go OFF, honey.

You’re brave to say it, and you should say it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 3, 2020 12:59 AM

No, OP. I'm a big mature grown up.

by Anonymousreply 12May 3, 2020 1:07 AM

I don't know why they don't have Watcher in the Woods.

by Anonymousreply 13May 3, 2020 1:51 AM

I couldn't stomach those Disney tween shows back when they aired because I was spoiled by superior teenybopper entertainment from grades 4-6; such as ABC's TGIF lineup.

We had Two of a Kind, Step by Step, Teen Angel, Family Matters, Odd Man Out and so forth.

One Saturday Morning was my jam, too.

Kim Possible simply couldn't compare to Pepper Ann and Recess!

by Anonymousreply 14May 3, 2020 2:09 AM

My sister has an account so I've been using it to binge watch all the marvel movies.

by Anonymousreply 15May 3, 2020 3:58 AM

I’ve been binge watching all of my old favorites! Lizzie McGuire is obviously one of the best and it felt like a very “real” show about middle schoolers (Lizzie coming to realize her parents are human too, Miranda’s eating disorder, bra shopping)

And Even Stevens is one of the greats. Shia Labeouf had incredible comedic timing. Actually, everyone on that show was really good.

Disappointed to say Phil of The Future doesn’t hold up to me but I still love the character of Pym

by Anonymousreply 16May 23, 2020 8:42 PM

And yes to whoever loved Recess! So good! I used to love Spinelli back in the day, I thought she was so cool.

by Anonymousreply 17May 23, 2020 8:43 PM

R16 I agree that EVEN STEVENS was something special - hard to believe it’s turning 20 years old now. I can’t explain exactly how but in its loopy endearing hyperrealistic way it’s not like anything else in the Disney canon, and that’s a good thing. I compare it to MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE in terms of tone & style.

Shia was so talented a comedian at such a young age; like a lightning strike of weird and wonderful craziness you couldn’t stop watching. Of course, with the benefit of hindsight we know why and that taints it a bit, but it doesn’t take away from his performance as Louis.

Commendable also was Christy Carlson-Romano who played Louis long-suffering honor-roller sister Ren. The pair had a fascinatingly bizarre Odd Couple-esque dynamic that until then hadn’t been presented in such a way. It was a tender, interesting and complex relationship by Disney Channel standards. I wonder if Christy kept in touch with Shia? She seems good for him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18May 23, 2020 9:03 PM

R18 I don’t know if she still stays in touch with Shia, but when Shia did that thing where he reacted to all of his movies he had happy tears when reacting to Even Stevens The Movie (one of the best DCOM EVER!)

Here’s AJ Trauth, who play Louis best friend, on Christy’s channel. I loved the friendship between Louis, Twitty, and Tawny

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 23, 2020 9:23 PM

Even Stevens and Lizzie McGuire did have this sort of this hyperrealistic, unique vibe to it that made it stand out. They relied heavily on quick cuts and sound effects instead of laugh tracks, which was more of Nickelodeon’s thing at the time. The early Dan Schneider shows like Kenan and Kel, The Amanda Show, and Drake and Josh had a SNL/MadTv quality to it.

by Anonymousreply 20May 23, 2020 9:29 PM

There's a very cute animated short called Out that debuted yesterday. The plot is about what you expect from the title, but it's enjoyable.

by Anonymousreply 21May 23, 2020 9:33 PM

I’m watching all “The Simpsons” episodes (I missed out on a lot in the 90s.)

by Anonymousreply 22May 23, 2020 10:01 PM

I have free Disney+ through my verizon internet and I have used it once to watch Princess Bride.

No real interest in their offerings, its meant for kids.

by Anonymousreply 23May 23, 2020 10:13 PM

I just watched a Disney movie I have never seen before, called “The Rescuers” and I loved it. It had a pretty star studded voice cast of Eva Gabor, Bob Newhart, and Geraldine Page

by Anonymousreply 24May 26, 2020 6:37 PM

Disney Fucking Freaks.

Further evidence that gay men are not more intelligent, not more sophisticated, and do not have better taste.

by Anonymousreply 25May 26, 2020 6:41 PM

R25 speak for yourself, MARY!!

by Anonymousreply 26May 26, 2020 6:46 PM

The only worthwhile Disney movies are the hockey-themed ones.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27June 4, 2020 1:10 AM

The true king Don Bluth was right about these creeps all along.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28June 4, 2020 1:56 PM

What I like about Disney+ is that the content is 100% escapist in nature. There’s no chance that you accidentally end up watching a depressing movie or documentary.

by Anonymousreply 29June 6, 2020 10:41 AM

Bambi's mom would like a word.

by Anonymousreply 30June 6, 2020 12:14 PM

I love that they have all the old School House Rock episodes. Great nostalgia.

by Anonymousreply 31June 6, 2020 12:25 PM

R30 as would Thomasina the Cat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32June 6, 2020 1:06 PM

Now I can’t think of Walt or the First Trio (Mickey-Donald-Goofy) anymore without going into Mike Damus’s skit about the OG Disney pitch.

[quote] “Just shut up, this is—it’s about Mickey Mouse, okay? His name’s Mickey Mouse—*he talks like this*—I don’t care, I DON’T CARE, DRAW IT. You got it? And his friend’s a DUCK. Got it? His friend’s a duck! Yeah, that’s right! *gobble* I don’t care! He’s got no PANTS! DRAW IT. And their other friend is-is a...a dog. And he’s really goofy. And that’s his name, his name’s GOOFY!”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33June 6, 2020 11:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!