Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Chromatica Album Cover

What do you faguettes think of it?

Genius or trash [(those seem to be the only options when it comes to the work of one Empress Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta also known as LADY GAGA™]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123May 23, 2020 9:12 PM

Faguettes?

by Anonymousreply 1April 16, 2020 6:53 PM

it's just as dumb as her born this way album cover.

by Anonymousreply 2April 16, 2020 7:20 PM

R2 it's a lot more artistic and sublime than BTW album cover. I think Chromatica will also be a much better album, maybe even the best of her career.

by Anonymousreply 3April 16, 2020 8:05 PM

A bit pretentious and reductive but I kinda like it

by Anonymousreply 4April 16, 2020 8:15 PM

Trash. Her schtick is so tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 5April 16, 2020 8:19 PM

I'm a Gaga stan but I'm not very impressed with this one. The Fame Monster and the deluxe edition of Born This Way are her best covers in my book.

by Anonymousreply 6April 16, 2020 8:22 PM

R6 But it's kind of a slay in some ways. It's very hard to place setting on this cover. I don't know where this bitch is, and why she's pinned down by giant metallic symbol (mathematical symbol for music). Is she a bot being constructed in a factory that produces pop stars? Lmao.

by Anonymousreply 7April 16, 2020 8:41 PM

It reminds me of the Boston spaceship. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 8April 16, 2020 8:52 PM

Looks like she fell on a sidewalk vent in Brussels.

by Anonymousreply 9April 16, 2020 9:04 PM

R9 A slay, we stan!

by Anonymousreply 10April 16, 2020 9:05 PM

I remember going ultra dark when first seeing this cover - "Is this bitch DEAD?"

by Anonymousreply 11April 16, 2020 9:08 PM

futuristic?

Loved it 7 years ago when it was Janelle Monae

by Anonymousreply 12April 16, 2020 9:10 PM

Who cares?

by Anonymousreply 13April 16, 2020 9:12 PM

It took Madonna until American Life to make decisions this bad (musically speaking). It only took Gaga a few years to do the same.

by Anonymousreply 14April 16, 2020 9:17 PM

I’m shook. Sis snapt

by Anonymousreply 15April 16, 2020 9:29 PM

In 20 years she’ll be singing about fried fish in her bathroom. Even her late life breakdown will be reductive.

by Anonymousreply 16April 16, 2020 9:34 PM

Gaga is a divine being. I just realized this, watching the Stupid Love MV for the umpteenth time. The childlike dancing of the persona in the video (I call her "Celestria"), is very purposeful. The fact she dances with all the "colors of the rainbow." It's a radical gospel of love, the song, and also the video. She's saying we should all stand together and love each other despite our differences, which are not even that significant. It's beyond radical.

by Anonymousreply 17April 16, 2020 9:43 PM

R12, you tried it. Archandroid, Electric Lady, and Dirty Computer album covers are NOTHING like this.

by Anonymousreply 18April 16, 2020 9:44 PM

R12, now I know that your ilk are just blind HATERS. And just doing it for the fun of it!

by Anonymousreply 19April 16, 2020 9:44 PM

I'm watching the Judas music video, and yeah, Gaga is a genius. Perhaps the only female genius in history, but one of them. She decoded Christian imagery in a way many haven't or ever will. The push and pull of "love" - and that's what love is - something that pulls you towards dark and then towards light. "I'm still in love with Judas" means she's struggling. That's all.

by Anonymousreply 20April 16, 2020 11:31 PM

When she says, "I'll bring him down, bring him down down" - she doesn't know whether she means Jesus or Judas. The ultimate struggle between good and evil in the human psyche and soul.

by Anonymousreply 21April 16, 2020 11:33 PM

Reminds me of Boris Vallejo.

by Anonymousreply 22April 16, 2020 11:36 PM

R22 The bitch stole? I'm not surprised. She's an absolute cunt

by Anonymousreply 23April 16, 2020 11:39 PM

R14 "Erotica" would like a word.

by Anonymousreply 24April 17, 2020 12:10 AM

R24, Erotica wasn't a complete misstep musically-speaking although it didn't do well on the charts. It wasn't a dumb creative decision the way a LOT of what Lady Gaga has done after The Fame Monster has been. She must have horrible management around her, all "yes" men who just agree with whatever she wants.

by Anonymousreply 25April 17, 2020 12:12 AM

Meh. It's very 1986 loooking. I really like her but why isn't her management reigning her in?

by Anonymousreply 26April 17, 2020 12:16 AM

Didn't she fire a lot of her best management after Born this Way? That's probably a clue as to why she takes the "Everything but the kitchen sink" approach to her music. Red One was probably more crucial to the quality of her music than people thought back then.

by Anonymousreply 27April 17, 2020 12:24 AM

Chromatica. Romance. I'd like to put you in a trance.

When will the copying end???!

by Anonymousreply 28April 17, 2020 12:49 AM

She keeps going back to the same territory: the weird, alien shtick. There was something in that well back when she released Born this Way, and now it’s completely dry.

by Anonymousreply 29April 17, 2020 12:52 AM

R25 The creative decisions during that era nearly destroyed her career. The fact that she cane back at all after the SEX book is unbelievable.

by Anonymousreply 30April 17, 2020 1:21 AM

Gaga may not be as creative as she once was, but a lot of the people on her team that left haven't done well without her either. RedOne is stuck in 2010 and Laurieann Gibson was reduced to reality TV. I think she just did too much too soon.

by Anonymousreply 31April 17, 2020 1:25 AM

R30, but it ultimately wasn't the music that did her in--it was that stupid book. It wasn't until American Life that she made an album that was pure shit with nothing to recommend it. Lady Gaga's musical direction (or, should I say, lack thereof) after The Fame Monster has been nonsense. One minute she's Artpop. Then she's a torch singer. Next minute, Joanne. Then she's an 80's pop star. Oh, never mind, now she's singing A Star is Born stuff. And now she's back to Aliens. What?!? I can't think of a single major pop star who ever had such a weird, missed up trajectory. It's like she doesn't have any idea of what to do with herself.

by Anonymousreply 32April 17, 2020 1:26 AM

I like her fine. But Alaska Thunderfuck has done this schtick better, and that was several years ago.

by Anonymousreply 33April 17, 2020 1:36 AM

Didn't work for me..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34April 17, 2020 1:42 AM

She tries way too hard. Her antics have become really really tiresome

by Anonymousreply 35April 17, 2020 1:51 AM

Looks like low-rent H.R. Giger.

by Anonymousreply 36April 17, 2020 2:01 AM

Amazing.

by Anonymousreply 37April 17, 2020 2:08 AM

At least she tries.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38April 17, 2020 2:37 AM

silly art direction. hundreds of meaningless details.

by Anonymousreply 39April 17, 2020 2:46 AM

I'll give you faguettes a clap for trying. But Gaga remains the most ambitious and consistent pop/rock star of ALL TIME. Chromatica will be the album of 2020, if only because no other major pop star will release amidst this. She already placed it for July 2021. Bish, Ill be at a bar drinking Corona & Lime (and gin & tonics) by then, SERVE ME!!! Artistry knows no time or place.

by Anonymousreply 40April 17, 2020 2:52 AM

How old are you, bish?

by Anonymousreply 41April 17, 2020 2:54 AM

Who'd she copy this time?

by Anonymousreply 42April 17, 2020 3:01 AM

It's not a bad cover. It's just not a very compelling image. I hope the music is good. The first single was cute, but I'm sure she expected it to do more. Though I'm not sure what she thought it would do, considering it's a re-write of Born This Way, which was a re-write of Express Yourself. It almost felt a bit like of an insult to the intelligence of her audience. But are they very smart? Is anyone when blinded by love?

by Anonymousreply 43April 17, 2020 2:26 PM

It looks like this album flopped before it even flopped.

by Anonymousreply 44April 24, 2020 8:46 PM

Fatty Boom Boom’s creative team just isn’t that creative.

by Anonymousreply 45April 24, 2020 8:49 PM

Debbie did it better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46April 24, 2020 8:50 PM

r46 Totally forgot! I always thought the video was awesome for "Backfired." I hope GaGa gets her shit together. I thought "The Cure" and "Applause" got unfairly panned. Stop trying to be Cyndi Lauper, it didn't work so well for her.

by Anonymousreply 47April 24, 2020 10:58 PM

Gaga is trying so hard to repeat the success of others, that she's gotten lost and doesn't know what the fuck she's doing. Originally she figured she'd just take the Madonna handbook to success, but got herself caught and shamed for it. She's been a mess since.

by Anonymousreply 48April 24, 2020 11:03 PM

The album is leaking. Sounds great so far.

by Anonymousreply 49April 24, 2020 11:33 PM

REDUCTIVE

by Anonymousreply 50April 24, 2020 11:35 PM

It reminds me of something from an anime video game.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51April 24, 2020 11:48 PM

^sorry wrong link. This is the correct one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52April 24, 2020 11:49 PM

Really, really, really hate it. It's not as hideously ugly as the BTW cover, but it's plenty grim.

The title "CHROMATICA" and the video had set me up to expect a vividly colorful cover. This rusty steampunky machine vibe is not colorful, it's just mildly post-apocalyptic.

by Anonymousreply 53April 24, 2020 11:52 PM

You guys are all being too hard on her.

LG has finally captured her essence.

by Anonymousreply 54April 25, 2020 2:11 AM

R53 OP here, I get that. I was expecting something brighter too. But the cover grows on you over time. It's truly beautiful conceptually and aesthetically once you let it sink in.

by Anonymousreply 55April 25, 2020 3:00 PM

Lol my sides R55. Who'd she copy though?

by Anonymousreply 56April 25, 2020 3:40 PM

Looks like a scene from David Bowie's "Ashes to Ashes" video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57April 25, 2020 3:47 PM

Ha! So she's digging through Bowie's career again. Shameless.

by Anonymousreply 58April 25, 2020 3:48 PM

You Madonna queens are the shameless ones. Go stream Madame X and stop trashing actually relevant pop stars.

by Anonymousreply 59April 25, 2020 4:14 PM

Lady Fuckface is soooooo tired.

by Anonymousreply 60April 25, 2020 4:51 PM

Lady Gag at her best and most original!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61April 25, 2020 5:21 PM

Is Chromatica going to be the album of 2020? I think it might be.

by Anonymousreply 62April 30, 2020 5:01 AM

Well, I did NOT do it better!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63April 30, 2020 5:13 AM

With that pink hair she reminds me of Dale Bozzio.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64April 30, 2020 5:17 AM

She's been ripping off Bozio since the start of her career.

by Anonymousreply 65April 30, 2020 6:42 AM

Right. Dale Bozzio was one of the first casualties to get ripped off by her. That was obvious from day one. She's systematically gone through decades of artists knocking them off. Ransacking people's careers, rummaging through their looks, behaviors, and their music, cherry picking what she likes and "being inspired by them". She's a complete fraud.

by Anonymousreply 66April 30, 2020 1:18 PM

City of Lost Children-esque

by Anonymousreply 67April 30, 2020 2:09 PM

I may be soured on this because I didn't like 'Stupid Love' or the music video, but I just find the album title and cover to be overly conceptualized. I get that she's trying to create a vibe and an "era" that's distinct from her other vibes and eras, but this one feels especially formulaic, as if it was chosen by a committee. Sometimes less is more and subtlety can be more alluring than being so on-the-nose literal.

by Anonymousreply 68April 30, 2020 3:00 PM

So basically, this album has flopped before it actually had the chance to flop?

by Anonymousreply 69April 30, 2020 3:13 PM

As someone who's immune to and bemused by Gaga's image and success, I've reached the conclusion that there's a deep need for a certain audience - which obviously includes gay men - to adopt a "diva" (heroine) to fulfill some deep psychological need. Who the diva is is beside the point. What else could explain Gaga - who deliberately courts this audience to the point of desperation? Whenever I hear "daring" or "creative" applied to Gaga I bristle because her music is so bland, derivative, conservative and obvious ("Born This Way" exemplifies this). Square people think she's "cool" and conservative people think she's "edgy" - like Cher after she split from Sonny. To suggest she has the kind of deep, handmade creativity of say, a Kate Bush, is blasphemy. She's a product of Big Media who sells corporate-approved sounds and messages to a dim-witted, musically illiterate public. Comparing her to Madonna (in her prime) is ridiculous because she has none of Madonna's playfulness or vitality or shape-shifting allure- and there's always been a sense that Gaga's been pushed and sold to the public as opposed to the public choosing her. She's the best thing the dying, dysfunctional music industry can produce to capture a certain audience and she's a symbol of its decline.

Just as she's appropriated the sound and look of so many other artists, the "music press" has appropriated terminology to describe her music that doesn't fit it at all. It's over-processed, overproduced junk and every time she opens her mouth she spews platitudes to align herself with SJW rhetoric - which I'm sure she personally doesn't believe.

by Anonymousreply 70April 30, 2020 4:13 PM

Gaga more successful than Madonna? It looks like it.

Female musicians with the most #1 albums on official charts worldwide:

1. Lady Gaga

2. Ariana Grande

3. Adele

4. Taylor Swift

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71April 30, 2020 4:27 PM

[R71] Those number don't mean what they once did and there's no point in referencing those stats as a comparative analysis. In the 1980's and before, the public was very much more aware of what the #1 record was on the album and pop charts - and the fact that they're almost totally unaware of it today says all you need to know. There's no Casey Kasem counting down, there's no Dionne Warwick on Solid Gold, there's no "little record that could" breaking out of dance clubs and local markets. The Borg has eaten it all.

by Anonymousreply 72April 30, 2020 4:37 PM

R66, that's what drives me batty about her Little Monsters. I've enjoyed some of her songs and I believe she is talented, but her fans keep praising her as an innovator, a trailblazer, a genius, a shape-shifting chameleon, etc. But much of her music, videos, looks, comments, magazine layouts, etc., are derivative of things we've seen and heared before. I just about fell off my chair when one fan commented that she was the first music artist to embrace the LGBT community. This kid needed to brush up on his pop culture history if he thinks she is the alpha and omega.

by Anonymousreply 73April 30, 2020 5:37 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74April 30, 2020 6:17 PM

R74, that's incredible. And to the person saying Gaga is more successful than Madonna--you need to take your meds. When Lady Gaga is able to play to like 70,000 at the age of 50-something, then maybe we can talk.

by Anonymousreply 75April 30, 2020 6:29 PM

Selling music as "innovative" or "cutting edge" was a marketing ploy invented to target Baby Boomers, the first generation for whom consumerism was enshrined as a form of "self-expression." You still see this today in online profiles in which people employ lists of media content (movies, music, books, art, etc.) to explain to others who they are, how they see the world and where they're taste run. While there's nothing inherently wrong with this, it's not the kind of creative self-expression by one's own hand that truly reveals the inner self. In truth, most people hate the new and the innovate because they challenge norms and rock the apple cart. It's laughable to describe Gaga - the epitome of a mainstream artist - as "innovative." She's the definition of derivative.

While most great artists are innovative to some degree, it's hardly required. Take classical music for instance - with the canon pretty much set in stone, the room of innovation is limited to interpretation - but that hardly means there aren't great artists working within the genre.

I would much rather listen to the master of a genre (say, Ella Fitzgerald for Jazz vocal) than someone who can mimic a style and acquit themselves on a limited basis. Being eclectic doesn't mean that one is innovative. Take Linda Ronstadt - she was a wonderful, versatile singer but she's not your go-to artist for Rock and Roll or Le Boheme, even though she's tried both. Similarly, Gaga might be able to pull off a standard here and there but that doesn't make her a great lady of the cabaret stage. She good enough at a few things but excels at absolutely nothing.

by Anonymousreply 76April 30, 2020 6:30 PM

Congrats to Kelly Clarkson for covering Like a Prayer.

by Anonymousreply 77April 30, 2020 6:31 PM

[R76] "La Boheme!" lol

by Anonymousreply 78April 30, 2020 6:43 PM

Madonna is a singles artist, but she's not much of an albums artist. Interesting that Whitney, Celine, Janet, Taylor, Beyonce, Linda Ronstadt, Barbra and Tina did not make this list. Surprised that Shakira made it, but she's huge in Latin America, but not in the rest of the world.

Female musicians with the most #1 singles on official charts worldwide (as lead artist):

1. Madonna

2. Rihanna

3. Lady Gaga

4. Britney Spears

5. Shakira

6. Katy Perry

7. Ariana Grande

8. Pink

9. Adele

10. Mariah Carey

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79April 30, 2020 7:37 PM

R70, Gaga is a mishmash of influences, and always has been. She's never tried to hide that she stole from the greats to create the amalgam persona Lady Gaga. The heavy artifice has always been a major part of Gaga's art as well, as a reflection of the current age we live in - dominated by the narcissistic pursuit of perfection and material possession.

Gaga is a bit of what is called a "communal narcissist", but she's also a very sensitive, genuine, and emotional person and artist. This comes through clearly in the music, which I like to love and believe has merit. It's easy to write her music off as overproduced pop garbage, but she's written some pretty great songs and albums and explored some themes that are unusual in pop music. The Fame/The Fame Monster explores both the frivolity and the demonic nature of fame and Born This Way, her magnum opus, is an ode to the triumph of the human spirit and the never-ending struggle to accept one self. Even ARTPOP is an interesting record, kind of a dissent into rage and apathy and a little bit of acceptance.

Gaga's arc has been one of death and darkness to light and life. Chromatica brings to mind color and sound, the things that give life its substance and beauty, that can rejuvenate us and bring us back from near death. It feels like a genuine artistic choice, and by the way Gaga struggles to articulate its meaning for himself, like it came to her out of nowhere rather than something that was contrived.

The album cover is beautiful and has a nice symbolic meaning - perhaps she has been crushed by the weight of music and her calling in life as an artist, but its an endeavor she'll gladly and gracefully be subject to.

by Anonymousreply 80April 30, 2020 8:29 PM

[quote] Madonna is a singles artist, but she's not much of an albums artist.

The only woman in history to have two albums that sold more than True Blue and Like a Virgin is Celine Dion. No other female artist can claim that....well, maybe if you combine the Bodyguard Soundtrack with Whitney's debut. So those three are in a class of their own in terms of album sales.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81April 30, 2020 8:33 PM

Another thread that is devolving into a diva battle of supremacy. Why can't celebrate them all?

by Anonymousreply 82April 30, 2020 8:59 PM

/we

by Anonymousreply 83April 30, 2020 9:00 PM

....oh and here's Italy's iTunes Charts, Madoon has three albums on it R71

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84April 30, 2020 9:24 PM

R84 I believe Madonna has actually outsold Michael Jackson there. That's crazy

by Anonymousreply 85April 30, 2020 10:17 PM

This album cover looks inspired by Meat Loaf’s Bat Out of Hell aesthetic.

Gaga’s music gets worse with every album

by Anonymousreply 86April 30, 2020 11:34 PM

So much better than Gag.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87May 1, 2020 1:16 AM

#1 on the iTunes album charts mean absolutely nothing now, which is why Mariah's 2008 underperforming album was #1 yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 88May 1, 2020 2:56 AM

Ha! What an asshole R88. Continue waiting for Gag-Gag's album, the one with the release date that's been postponed by a *half a fucking year*. It flopped before it even flopped. Let's see how it flops down the iTunes Charts.

by Anonymousreply 89May 1, 2020 3:24 AM

R88 Um...I have no dog in this diva war, just stating facts. BS is a great album so good for her.

by Anonymousreply 90May 1, 2020 3:30 AM

Fuck OFF R90

by Anonymousreply 91May 1, 2020 3:34 AM

So I know very little about Lady Gaga other than enjoying a few of her songs. However, after watching the “Stupid Love” video, I got the impression that some sort of long form “movie/music video” is coming. Otherwise, “Stupid Love” went into great detail to establish symbols, multiple tribes with distinct outfits, etc. that seem way too omplex for one short song.

by Anonymousreply 92May 1, 2020 3:46 AM

Wow R92. Somehow you managed to read real deep into it. Once I learned the realeas date was pushed back SIX MONTHS, I'm thinking the writing is on the wall that this project in its entirety is a disaster.

by Anonymousreply 93May 1, 2020 6:07 PM

R93, the release date has not been pushed back six months. It's likely going to be released end of May.

by Anonymousreply 94May 1, 2020 7:30 PM

Release date confirmed: May 29th. Second single: Rain on Me with Ariana Venti Grande

by Anonymousreply 95May 6, 2020 5:16 PM

This may tank due to coronavirus. I pre-ordered... when will the money come out of my account? May 29?

by Anonymousreply 96May 7, 2020 3:26 AM

Good excuse, and likely exactly what she's thinking. It would flop no matter what.

by Anonymousreply 97May 7, 2020 3:52 AM

R97 go away Fossildonna stan

by Anonymousreply 98May 7, 2020 4:13 AM

At least she cane blame the flop on the rona.

by Anonymousreply 99May 7, 2020 4:32 AM

At this point, like Janet, she's gotta have an excuse handy

by Anonymousreply 100May 7, 2020 4:36 AM

Still no second single, huh? So the album sucks?

by Anonymousreply 101May 7, 2020 4:37 AM

A Faguette is the female counterpart of a Baguette.

by Anonymousreply 102May 7, 2020 4:42 AM

I smell a flop. It's like whichever album of hers which had like 32 producers, and was pushed back from its release date. And flopped. She's running out of (other people's) ideas.

by Anonymousreply 103May 7, 2020 4:44 AM

Leaked lyrics of the title track...

"Chromatica....Romance. I'd like to put you in a trance."

It is so original and new!

by Anonymousreply 104May 7, 2020 8:11 AM

R103 she's not known as an artist that has 32 producers. She co-writes with like 3-4 producers each record. And what record was pushed back? ARTPOP?

by Anonymousreply 105May 7, 2020 7:05 PM

is that for real R104 ? from the leak?

by Anonymousreply 106May 7, 2020 7:35 PM

R106, life is a mystery, everyone must stand alone.

by Anonymousreply 107May 7, 2020 7:38 PM

Chromatica is coming in 10 days. Are the girls ready?

by Anonymousreply 108May 20, 2020 2:15 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109May 20, 2020 2:57 AM

R109 Seethe! The NEW Queen of Pop has prevailed! #Chromatica

by Anonymousreply 110May 20, 2020 4:47 AM

Looks like a Dolce & Gabbana ad for a Meth and Power Rangers inspired line.

by Anonymousreply 111May 20, 2020 5:20 AM

New single is bad

by Anonymousreply 112May 22, 2020 10:43 AM

Ok no I change my mind. Went on my morning run and I love the song.

by Anonymousreply 113May 22, 2020 12:54 PM

Lady Fugga is over. Career barely lasted 12 years lol

by Anonymousreply 114May 22, 2020 1:04 PM

Madonna is laughing.

by Anonymousreply 115May 23, 2020 4:31 AM

[quote] Madonna is laughing.

We all are.

by Anonymousreply 116May 23, 2020 4:10 PM

Lady Gaga x Ariana Grande - Rain on Me

Second single released yesterday. Stupid Love is the better song, but ROM is still very enjoyable. Love that Gaga allowed Ariana to do her thing vocally here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117May 23, 2020 5:22 PM

Now she's coming out as an alcoholic? Good Lord....

by Anonymousreply 118May 23, 2020 6:00 PM

Alcoholic must be code for cokehead.

by Anonymousreply 119May 23, 2020 6:38 PM

R115 Have you seen her latest Instagram post? It's the world that's laughing at her.

by Anonymousreply 120May 23, 2020 7:14 PM

R118 The lyrics are, "I'd rather by dry, but at least I'm alive/Rain on Me". It does sound like she says "I'd rather be drunk" a little though.

by Anonymousreply 121May 23, 2020 7:40 PM

The song is clearly about water sports

by Anonymousreply 122May 23, 2020 9:04 PM

[quote] , "I'd rather by dry, but at least I'm alive"

Wow, Gaga is a lyricist on par with PJ Harvey on Rid of Me.

by Anonymousreply 123May 23, 2020 9:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!