Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I want to be underwhelmed, quarantine edition

I've been having work conferences on Zoom with our team, including a lovely coworker who's in her 50s. She has a bit of a Scottish brogue.

She keeps talking about how her cat seems to always sit on her couch to watch her work - but it comes out sounding like "the cat is sitting on my cooch again!" and it is everything to stifle a laugh when she says it.

by Anonymousreply 31August 17, 2020 7:38 PM

That reminds me so much of this show I've been watching recently. Its an old British show called Are You Being Served? Video is short, but hilarious!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 16, 2020 7:21 PM

If I'm not home by 7 o'clock my pussy goes mad!

by Anonymousreply 2April 16, 2020 7:40 PM

Hahaha! I LOVE that show!

by Anonymousreply 3April 16, 2020 9:24 PM

Please underwhelm me.

by Anonymousreply 4April 16, 2020 9:25 PM

I’ve been cleaning this week since my regular cleaning gal hasn’t been here since January, and I was wondering if my Coronacough might instead be caused by a buildup of dust. I think I’ll be done tomorrow and I’m sore and tired.

I did get some satisfaction today by throwing out a now-empty, excess container of pine-sol, 2 empty containers of Fantastic, an empty re-fill of Windex and another of some wood cleaner. Lots more space in my cabinets! Yay!

by Anonymousreply 5May 22, 2020 2:08 AM

I’m back working in my office. My boss couldn’t cope without me. There are only 5 of us there out of 56. I hate it and resent having to get up super early - I wish I could still be working from home.

by Anonymousreply 6May 22, 2020 2:11 AM

I feel for you, R6!

by Anonymousreply 7May 22, 2020 2:13 AM

I've been blaming quarantine stress for the fact that I get irrationally annoyed when work from home talk show hosts, late night hosts, news and weather people have their children crash their segments BUT if I'm being perfectly honest, I've never really enjoyed children.

by Anonymousreply 8May 22, 2020 2:26 AM

The Nurses Being Wild and Out thread. Nothing ' craaaaaazier' ! or more underwhelming. I'm underwhelmed with the zany side of anyone with my life in their hands. Blowing off steam or not.

by Anonymousreply 9May 22, 2020 2:43 AM

An old acquaintance I follow on Facebook has never posted her two-year-old daughter's name. You may think this is for privacy, but she mentions her four-year-old son's name all the time and posts loads of photos of both kids. Her family mention her son by his name in comments but never the daughter. Both kids have the same dad, so it's not like he would have given permission for one child's name to be mentioned online and not the other. A few days ago, she actually posted about "[son's name] and his sister". Just post her fucking name! Is she called Hackensack or something? Why all the mystery? I don't know why this is making me so irrationally annoyed. It seems like the sort of thing Titus from Kimmy Schmidt would obsess over.

by Anonymousreply 10July 4, 2020 3:29 PM

My mini mauvette hydrangea isn't doing well, OP. The oak leaf hydrangea shows new growth all around and the wedding bell hydrangea only has one pale stalk up against the side of the house, but my mini mauvette hydrangea may not make it through the summer.

I treated them all with Hollytone to lower the pH of the soil, but then I read that mini mauvettes take rose food instead.

WHAT HAVE I DONE!

by Anonymousreply 11July 4, 2020 5:22 PM

I like blue.

by Anonymousreply 12July 4, 2020 6:34 PM

I'm on Screenrant and I just saw the headline "The Big Bang Theory: 5 Times Leonard Was An Overrated Character (& 5 He Was Underrated)". That doesn't make sense. If he was equally overrated and underrated, surely that means he was correctly rated?

by Anonymousreply 13July 6, 2020 1:00 AM

I am craving bready carbs. Please send help.

by Anonymousreply 14July 8, 2020 7:03 AM

My left hip is sore.

by Anonymousreply 15July 8, 2020 7:06 AM

I made biscuits from a can to go with tonight's pot roast and vegetables. From a can. I have sunk so low.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 8, 2020 8:33 AM

I have had a depressing year even before COVID 19 . The last several months I drag myself through the day and escape at 1am Mon - Fri with 4 hrs of NYPD Blue reruns - 4 eps a night - I wind up dosing in and out but I crave the comfort of familiarity . I think I’ve gone through the full rotation 4 times now. It is on this obscure HI Heroes & Icons network. Yes - I know I can stream it on Hulu - but I enjoy the cheesy late night commercials. As I type The first Mark Paul Gossleat episode is on. And Andy Sipowicz - Dennis Franz is endlessly entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 17July 8, 2020 9:33 AM

I ordered two more 42W jeans today. Three months ago I was a 38.

by Anonymousreply 18July 8, 2020 9:52 AM

I sit on my ass and drink wine too often, I feel lonely I hardly see any family and I can't even hug my friends. In fact I've only seen two friends the past few months, always outside always distancing.

by Anonymousreply 19July 8, 2020 10:01 AM

You've definitely come to the right place to be underwhelmed, OP

by Anonymousreply 20July 8, 2020 4:32 PM

I’ve been flying off the handle at stupid things and baking isn’t helping, it’s just making me into a blimp.

I have also murdered two plants. I can’t seem to keep them alive.

by Anonymousreply 21July 9, 2020 3:10 AM

I’m a plant serial killer too. Even mij cactuses die.

by Anonymousreply 22July 9, 2020 6:52 AM

mij=my damn it autocorrect

by Anonymousreply 23July 9, 2020 6:52 AM

I have a baby bunny nest smack in the middle of my backyard. I saw the mother digging the nest the other day. Today I checked and it has bunnies. I put the grass back on top. I had to put landscape flags around it today so my husband wouldn’t drive over it with the lawnmower.

There’s another part of the yard where I saw a bunny suspiciously hanging out yesterday & sure enough a hole is partially dug.

by Anonymousreply 24August 1, 2020 9:39 PM

R8 - after about 4 kids also annoy me. I loooooooveeee funny babies who do crazy things and laugh at silly things because I associate that with puppies and kittens but afterwards they are little adults so blah

by Anonymousreply 25August 1, 2020 9:47 PM

I'm going for a colonoscopy Monday at 6AM. I start drinking the purge concoction tomorrow. Will not be very far from a toilet all day. UGH.

by Anonymousreply 26August 1, 2020 10:04 PM

I work at a hotel and, being furloughed since March, was recently called back in. I've been eating and boozing it up out of boredom, and now I've gone up a shirt size. I feel awful for the guests who have to see the buttons on my current work shirt hanging on for dear life as I await my new shirt to be ordered.

by Anonymousreply 27August 1, 2020 10:41 PM

I tried to make bbq shrimp tonight. Not like sticky bbq shrimp but the kind you make in the oven with butter and black pepper. It was okay. The baguette to have with it got too toasted, and usually that’s the best part really.

by Anonymousreply 28August 1, 2020 10:48 PM

I’ve got rot and rising damp in my ‘new’ old house. Plus wood boring insects. Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 29August 1, 2020 10:52 PM

No matter how much lettuce I use, I always end up with a bunch of toppings and vegetables but no greens to go with them.

by Anonymousreply 30August 17, 2020 7:18 PM

Oh, R30 Maybe we should get together for dinner. I always end up with too much lettuce and have to toss it in the compost bin.

Underwhelming first world problems, I know.

by Anonymousreply 31August 17, 2020 7:38 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!