Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Shtisel needs it's own thread

Mentioned on another.

I am enjoying the but it does show the orthodox men as drug addicted emotionally crippled messes. The women come off better.

Love the artist character and want him to find a nice young man.

by Anonymousreply 4April 26, 2021 12:29 PM

Is Micheal who plays the artist gay? He comes across as very gay.

by Anonymousreply 1April 16, 2020 12:28 PM

I've watched it up to episode 9 of season 2. Not too sure about the marriage between first cousins Akiva and Libby.

by Anonymousreply 2May 24, 2020 9:11 PM

I just started watching this after binging Unorthodox over the weekend. The characters are all interesting and likeable and the younger granddaughter reminds me a lot of a young Natalie Portman in Leon. The father of the clan is very manipulative and basically ruined his sons lives. I also wonder how they make money since none of the children have real jobs. Akiva just started his new job as a teacher, but what about the others? The father said he bought them all apartments after their weddings (how did he finance that with a teacher's salary and in a big city like Jerusalem), but none of them really works. How these orthodox Jews finance their huge families is a total mystery since all they do is studying and most have no real qualifications.

This show is a great Israeli family drama and I'm greatful someone recommended it on the Unorthodox thread. It is really a hidden gem and I would have never found it on Netflix without DL.

Does anyone know the timeline of the show? The cell phones, TVs etc. look early 00s, but some characters also still use Walkmans and Cassette recorders.

by Anonymousreply 3May 24, 2020 9:55 PM

New season is currently on Netflix. Anyone still watching? Amazing that Netflix ordered a third season five years after the last. Must be popular on Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 4April 26, 2021 12:29 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!