Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Screamo - any gay?

A question inspired by Falling In Reverse touring their debut album’s anniversary, with guests Escape The Fate. We never talk emo/scene/metalcore, so let’s do it now.

Ronnie Radke & Craig Mabbitt seem like on-off lovers to me - like an enemies-to-lovers slowburn. This 2013 vid has flirting..

For ex-cagemeat woman-beating trailer trash who sports hideous ink & tragic hair, Ronnie is still beautiful-looking underneath.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16December 26, 2020 12:54 AM

Ronnie’s restraining himself on Twitter even during lockdown, surprisingly. So far year he’s only gone off on Monte the once. Wonder how it feels to be trapped in a modest suburban house with an ex-wrestler girlfriend and her crotchfruit?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 13, 2020 11:46 AM

It’s actually pretty hard to find out LGB people in the scene, though as with most rock/pop movements most of the artists are flexible. Looking it up online, there are more Ts and NBs in ‘queercore’ outfits than there are lesbians & gays fronting bands. Hmmm. Concerning, if true.

Tyler Carter, frontman of the band Issues, is openly gay and engaged to a male model. He’s the only popular metalcore figure I can find listed as Out gay on the Internet, but there must be others.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 13, 2020 8:47 PM

Ronnie is always like, “let’s spend our entire video budget on strippers and I won’t look at or grope any of them.” Interesting also how he has set up a home with up a barren female wrestler, presumably so she can raise the oops kid he was saddled with after getting a teen model pregnant (a poor girl he dated/fucked while he was so high he couldn’t remember who or where he was). It’s all so suspect.

And he still looks so feminine pushing forty. I bet he had a very memorable two years in prison back when he was beautiful at 25 years old (he went in Emo and came out loving rap music, says it all...)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 12, 2020 9:09 PM

Escape The Fate ‘Something’ was a love song Craig wrote to Ronnie while he was in jail change my mind😭

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 14, 2020 9:10 PM

Ronnie believes gay people shouldn’t be victims of religious persecution. Good dude👌

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5August 16, 2020 11:00 PM

Maybe not gay-gay, but certainly I-don’t-remember-anything-from-last-night gay.

by Anonymousreply 6August 16, 2020 11:24 PM

I used to work at Epitaph, and also managed Sleeping With Sirens for a bit.

The scene is awful and there's a lot of garbage humans taking advantage. Now that Warped is over, only the strong will survive.

by Anonymousreply 7August 17, 2020 12:17 AM

[quote] The scene is awful and there's a lot of garbage humans taking advantage.

R7 please do tell us more! One can only imagine how bad the exploitation gets. It’s so hard to get any dirt once you stop being a diehard fan who goes on the tours. As a follow-up question; why do you think the scene is particularly fucked-up as compared with the regular metal crowd?

Indeed the demise of Warped is definitely going to starve out the roaches. Wonder how the sound will change, as a result? Hopefully it won’t become a total subsidiary of trap music...

by Anonymousreply 8August 17, 2020 2:00 PM

R8 I won't say much, as to not violate any NDAs - I've already identified myself to those in the know.

I can tell you Epitaph is a wonderful place to work, but a few of their legendary artists are complete nightmares to work with.

Also, I didn't experience much underage sexual exploitation. I know Jeffree Starr gave blowjobs to most of the guys in the scene. Some you'd be surprised. He's one of the worst humans I've ever met.

Ryan from Falling In Reverse put an open can of sardines in a hidden place in SWS' tour bus at Warped one year. Cost $10,000 to get the smell out and some of the overhead cabinets had to be replaced. What a tool.

by Anonymousreply 9August 17, 2020 5:33 PM

R9 very juicy, thanks for sharing.

[quote] Ryan from Falling In Reverse put an open can of sardines in a hidden place in SWS' tour bus at Warped one year.

Ryan always struck me as a dick, it checks out. And this totally explains why the FIR/SWS beef got as bad and went on as long as it did. I often wondered what was up with that. I can’t even remember how it started.

by Anonymousreply 10September 3, 2020 8:49 PM

The Nu-metal and Screamo sound is said to be roaring back as we type. Guess the 15-20 year-cycle of cultural trends is a legit thing.

Hard not to notice that the latest song from Bring Me The Horizon ('Teardrops') has mixing board FX and riffs ripped straight from Linkin Park's HYBRID THEORY and The Used's LIES FOR THE LIARS. .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 25, 2020 8:47 PM

I thought this shit died in 2003.

by Anonymousreply 12October 25, 2020 9:00 PM

Roger from RENT was Scene change my mind

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 26, 2020 11:10 AM

Ronnie turned 37 years old ten days ago; hard to believe he got that far. Incidentally, it's also been ten years since Ronnie was released from prison.

He's looking good. Apparently he's fasting, because he has to shoot something for film in the next month or so. Guess there'll be new MV content coming soon?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14December 23, 2020 10:38 PM

They both look like lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 15December 23, 2020 10:41 PM

R15 that counts as gay, I'll take it.

Billy Werner, lead vocalist of of hardcore bands Saetia and Hot Cross, is out as bisexual, dates men publicly, and champions polyamory. Sadly, he supports T too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16December 26, 2020 12:54 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!