Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Celebrities with veneers

I was reading the thread about Zac Effron and a poster mentioned everyone in Hollywood had veneers done. I am not judging them and just curious. I am grateful I have decent teeth but if they didn’t look good I would probably get them done if I had a zillion dollars.

by Anonymousreply 23April 13, 2020 1:37 PM

A preemptive FUCK YOU. And pick up my salad off the floor.

by Anonymousreply 1April 12, 2020 7:00 AM

If my teeth were to be flashed 10 feet wide across a movie screen, I'd pay for veneers too.

Otherwise I pass, since veneers look absurdly phony in real life.

by Anonymousreply 2April 12, 2020 7:08 AM

Define “celebrity”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 12, 2020 7:10 AM

Define "veneers."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4April 12, 2020 7:18 AM

Six of these things are not like the others.

Six of these things just don't belong...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5April 12, 2020 7:19 AM

Ben Affleck had the tiniest teeth I've ever seen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6April 12, 2020 7:26 AM

Veneers are very rare as he painted very few pictures.

by Anonymousreply 7April 12, 2020 7:49 AM

Chris Rock said that's pretty much the first thing celebrities do when they get that first big paycheck. See Ben Affleck in Chasing Amy. Watched again for the first time in decades and his teeth were JACKED.

by Anonymousreply 8April 12, 2020 9:36 AM

[quote]Ben Affleck had the tiniest teeth I've ever seen.

Tiny teeth, unsatisfying beef.

by Anonymousreply 9April 12, 2020 2:11 PM

His beef looked pretty good in Gone Girl.

by Anonymousreply 10April 12, 2020 2:34 PM

About 10 years ago, Rosie O'Donnell said the first thing she did when she got money was get her teeth done. They look veneerish.

by Anonymousreply 11April 13, 2020 9:20 AM

I’m not sure I could. They ruin your real teeth. I see teeth a little differently than hair or nails. They’re an integral part of your body, and their health is intertwined with your general health. Getting bigger, whiter veneers is like sawing off your fingertips to get prettier ones attached.

I guess if you have bad teeth anyway, and you’re being paid millions based on your appearance, maybe. But then you have to spend the rest of your life maintaining them.

by Anonymousreply 12April 13, 2020 9:41 AM

I actually grew all new teeth when I was an eight year old fresh-faced child.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13April 13, 2020 9:53 AM

Even Marie Osmond admitted on "The Talk" her teeth are hers.

by Anonymousreply 14April 13, 2020 10:28 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15April 13, 2020 10:29 AM

You can only whiten teeth so much. Anyone over 40 with white, white teeth has veneers or dentures.

They aren't that expensive if your base teeth are fine. Lumineers are brand which are completely removable unlike most veneers.

by Anonymousreply 16April 13, 2020 10:36 AM

Doctor Who actress Billie Piper got veneers and was widely slagged off as no-one could understand a word she was saying anymore.

by Anonymousreply 17April 13, 2020 10:45 AM

R12 Exactly. And they often need to be replaced after 15 or 20 years. A lot can happen in that time, and you may not have the means of keeping them up.

I can’t help notice the changes in a person’s gum line when they have veneers or caps put on. The gums often retract and darken. It’s evident that your tissue responds differently to this foreign material in your mouth.

Except in cases of dental trauma, I would prefer to care for my own teeth than worry about maintaining a set of caps or veneers. It seems that the replacement of caps and veneers is really delicate and costly. I would hate dealing with that.

by Anonymousreply 18April 13, 2020 11:53 AM

Gary Busey has what...a mouth full of implants? Caps? Dentures?

by Anonymousreply 19April 13, 2020 12:07 PM

Elisabeth Moss's in the Invisible Man made her look like a ugly beaver. Really bad.

by Anonymousreply 20April 13, 2020 12:19 PM

R11 They look like dentures that can’t be removed easily, and they basically are. My dentist said that full caps are basically permanently anchored dentures. You can tell by how the material interacts with light. I think older people with their original teeth look somehow healthier than those with older, stained caps, unevenly tinted veneers, and dental appliances that don’t “match” surrounding teeth. But I don’t want to disparage anyone for something unavoidable, like poor nutrition as a child, poor genetics or just bad luck. Still, radical elective cosmetic dentistry that involves removing healthy teeth makes bad sense. I would kick myself if I brought an expensive periodontal regime on myself out of vanity years ago. I’d feel so foolish. I also have friends who describe the condition differently over time, form “I love my new smile, it’s the best thing I ever did” to “they couldn’t save the roots supporting this crown” to “I paid $5,600 for an implant that didn’t take, and I have to star all over again.”. It’s rough.

by Anonymousreply 21April 13, 2020 1:24 PM

R12 I totally agree. If you get a big Hollywood paycheck, get invisible braces for a year, straighten them out and bleach them....but do NOT file them down to vampire fangs and cover them with expensive, breakable veneers that A) look stupid and B) cost more money to maintain than your ACTUAL TEETH.

by Anonymousreply 22April 13, 2020 1:34 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23April 13, 2020 1:37 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!