Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

FRESH PRINCE OF BEL HEIR (2): success is inevitable

Continue your musings here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412April 25, 2020 12:16 AM

FUCK YOU FAT RACIST STRAIGHT WOMAN

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 10, 2020 7:50 PM

What a charming start to the new part deux!

by Anonymousreply 2April 10, 2020 7:52 PM

I guess that's Harry streching Meggie's vadge in R1's gif.

by Anonymousreply 3April 10, 2020 8:18 PM

R1 Hearteyes mutherfucker!!!! Love your work. PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: Troll infestation on LSA unpopular thread. Been monitored since March. Email info was the dead give away allegedly plus something else I can't mention. March trolls came in using TEA allegedly in their avatar name. New trolls landed this week. Look for "I have been lurking for a long time and just had to comment etc". Phillipines is the guess. Info has been passed on. Any racist or pack trolling of black people by these trolls is going to be noted and passed onto the authorities. Also any racist or hate speech will also be passed on to the authorities. Very new troll is a very old racist troll who Goes BYANYOTHERNAME but it's own. Insider is passing info. Black people are not your playthings you racist cunts. And I am just one of hundreds been told this info.

by Anonymousreply 4April 10, 2020 8:49 PM

There goes our friend bringing drama from other sites here...

Anyway. Harry and Meghan have terrible timing. It’s almost comical.

by Anonymousreply 5April 10, 2020 9:02 PM

Are these the authorities {linked} to which you refer R4?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6April 10, 2020 9:07 PM

If we can get back on track:

Meghan Markle heartbreak: Duchess distraught as coronavirus ruins LA move plans. MEGHAN MARKLE has been left heartbroken after the coronavirus pandemic ruined her plans days after the Duke and Duchess of Sussex officially moved from Canada to Los Angeles to begin their new life away from the Royal Family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 10, 2020 9:29 PM

R7, poor Meghan. She only moved to LA to be near Doria.

Pity.

by Anonymousreply 8April 10, 2020 10:07 PM

You are cruel R8, but right on point.

by Anonymousreply 9April 10, 2020 10:13 PM

Yes, as you rush out of Canada to beat the borders closing, who could have predicted LA would be infected by - what is it called again?

by Anonymousreply 10April 10, 2020 10:17 PM

Why would Kate and Wills want the Harkles' cast off digital communications lead? I am not sure this sounds like a good idea, given the fate of Sussex Royal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11April 10, 2020 10:17 PM

R4 is the Doxxing Troll. Pops up in every Meghan thread with vague, irrelevant lists of enemies who are going to be tracked down by THE AUTHORITIES any day now.

by Anonymousreply 12April 10, 2020 10:19 PM

They want the dirt, R11.

by Anonymousreply 13April 10, 2020 10:19 PM

Poor Megs. Can't see her Mum. Is anybody asking if she's okay? It's not like the rest of us can't see our Mums right now.

by Anonymousreply 14April 10, 2020 10:21 PM

What dirt R13?

by Anonymousreply 15April 10, 2020 10:24 PM

R600 from the previous thread: "Sarah was only really in for about 5 years, but I think she would have stayed in if the tabloids hadn't made it impossible."

Don't forget tho that Fergie was practically brought up in the RF; she still had a tough time, not surprising when she has her toes and titties sucked in front of telezoom photo lenses which she should have know about. She was just careless. At least Meghs has not had a topless scandal yet.

by Anonymousreply 16April 10, 2020 11:08 PM

Everybody has already seen 'em.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17April 10, 2020 11:13 PM

R11 I thought the same thing, but remembered how H&M don't follow what others tell them to do......so maybe the team is actually good and will elevate W&K even more.

by Anonymousreply 18April 10, 2020 11:14 PM

[quote]The Duke and Duchess of Sussex in March accepted an invitation from Her Majesty to return to the UK to spend part of the Summer with her at Balmoral but plans are believed to have changed because of the pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 19April 10, 2020 11:15 PM

R17's link says 403 Verboten

by Anonymousreply 20April 10, 2020 11:16 PM

I think Wills and Kate want to show the world what a great team Harkles had, didn't appreciate the teamwork and blew it.

by Anonymousreply 21April 10, 2020 11:17 PM

Not when I click on it, R20. Anyway, just google Meghan Markle topless and all the pics will pop up.

by Anonymousreply 22April 10, 2020 11:19 PM

r17 : So she and Kate have topless beach photos in common? Well isn't that nice?

by Anonymousreply 23April 10, 2020 11:28 PM

What more can I say?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24April 10, 2020 11:48 PM

Crushed, totally crushed. Unfortunately for those two, things can only get worse.

by Anonymousreply 25April 10, 2020 11:57 PM

[quote]Unfortunately for those two, things can only get worse.

I've got the popcorn and sparkling water ready!

by Anonymousreply 26April 11, 2020 1:18 AM

"Duchess distraught as coronavirus ruins LA move plans. MEGHAN MARKLE has been left heartbroken after the coronavirus pandemic ruined her plans days after the Duke and Duchess of Sussex officially moved from Canada to Los Angeles"

Vancouver Island was a much safer place to wait out the pandemic than London or LA, but of course if they'd stayed instead of rushing to beat the border closing, they'd have to pay for their own security.

And rely on local gawkers to get their pictures out there, not professional paps.

by Anonymousreply 27April 11, 2020 1:59 AM

M's boobs look like doorknobs, everyone has had a turn.

by Anonymousreply 28April 11, 2020 3:40 AM

To reply to the last post in the first thread about what married-ins face, I have to say that Fergie was absolutely skewered after the obligatory "breath of fresh air" period.

But it is also true that, like Meghan, she handed the media a great deal of info. She was totally unsuited to royal life, had low inhibition controls, I also think perhaps may have suffered from bipolar issues - she had a manic side she couldn't seem to control.

The trick to succeeding at this game is to give them as little as possible to work with. They'll still make shit up and drag you if it's a slow news day, as they know perfectly well that the BRF isn't going to spend endless days contradicting every made up story about what Kate is thinking or feeling, e.g., when it's perfectly obvious that Kate is far too shrewd to let any "source" who'd talk to them know any such thing.

Kate is the only married-in that high up who has simply ignored them, gone about evolving, realised her real job was to support William and establish a stable family life for him, and she serenely ignored the charges of laziness that ensued, because she knew that lots of public events really weren't her first priority. So she survived to tell the tale. She just plugged on, carefully wearing British clothes most of the time, producing adorable babies, keeping her mouth shut and ignoring the papers, and generally proving to Charles and the Queen that she could stay the course.

It's the "I'm gonna hit the ground running and show these bitches how it's done!" types who burn out. You're better off easing yourself into the job slowly, and not making such a fucking point about how woke and trendy you are.

Because a 1,000 year old monarchy isn't a "trend".

by Anonymousreply 29April 11, 2020 1:22 PM

^*a great deal of ammo (not info)

by Anonymousreply 30April 11, 2020 1:22 PM

Exactly, R29. Nobody bends a 1000-year-old institution to their will. They learn to negotiate its demands while maintaining a stable sense of self. You have to be very strong and self-possessed to really make it in that family, while also respecting its rules and traditions. Meghan had the first part but could never nail down the second part.

by Anonymousreply 31April 11, 2020 2:41 PM

Kate has been plotting since the day she could talk to be queen of England. If William turned out to be Hitler, she'd happily be Eva Bruan.

by Anonymousreply 32April 11, 2020 9:25 PM

Sure, Megstan at r32. Whatever you say.

by Anonymousreply 33April 11, 2020 9:27 PM

Whatever Kate's childhood plans, she's given good value for money. She understands what the role requires and fulfills it. If she and William each had self-interested motives when they married (social-climbing vs. finding a suitable future Queen), I'd say those motives have dovetailed perfectly. They also seem to like each other, which is certainly a big improvement over Charles and Diana. They'll make a fantastic Prince and Princess of Wales.

by Anonymousreply 34April 11, 2020 10:05 PM

R33 - Actually, cunt, it's Queen of Great Britain, not Queen of England.

by Anonymousreply 35April 11, 2020 10:09 PM

What's odd to me is I haven't read about any celeb "friends" of theirs rallying round. Do you think they're persona non grata in L.A.?

by Anonymousreply 36April 11, 2020 10:10 PM

Here's the question their LA friends must be pondering: What advantage do they get from befriending/sheltering/amplifying the profile of Harry and Meghan? The advantages were clear a year ago, but now that the Sussexes are out as working Royals and estranged from the BRF, what's the point of friendship with them?

The only one would be personal affection, but I can't imagine Meghan inspiring much of that. Not when her personal history is one long string of short-term shattered relationships.

by Anonymousreply 37April 11, 2020 10:14 PM

”What's odd to me is I haven't read about any celeb "friends" of theirs rallying round. Do you think they're persona non grata in L.A.?”

I think that right now all of LA is freaked out with Coronavirus and being shut up in their homes, celebs have no way to feed their ego and get attention.

We’ll see in six months what the lay of the land is and whether Miss Meghan will be invited to awards ceremonies in the future. Will her voiceover get her any awards?

by Anonymousreply 38April 11, 2020 10:19 PM

R33 - Apologies, this was meant for R32 to whom you were responding:

R32 - Actually, cunt, it's Queen of Great Britain, not Queen of England.

R35

by Anonymousreply 39April 11, 2020 11:33 PM

R36 - Others have wondered the same thing - the silence of the Clooneys, particularly, has been interesting. I don't think Serena Williams was ever quite the close friend Meghan insinuated and Serena made it clear she would't be drawn on the subject when someone tried.

Oprah and Gayle King probably know better than to say anything at all right now in case things continue to spiral down for the Sussexes, or in case they make the Sussexes look worse. Celeb indignation re the Sussexes, so far, hasn't done them any favours. The celebrities also know now that defending the Sussexes as if they were the real sufferers of the world right now would make those celebs look as bad as the Sussexes look.

And as for that £million "tell all" interview with Oprah that's being floated as the story du jour - I tend to think it's more bullshit cooked up by a desperate media.

Charles is still supporting them - presumably they expect Charles to do right by Harry in Charles' will. Harry is still a UK citizen. And, those tell all interviews tend to backfire on the interviewee horribly.

All Meghan needs to do is look at what those tell-all tactics did for Diana.

Compared to ongoing support from Charles , a handsome inheritance for Harry from his father, a final burning of all bridges with Harry's country and real loss of those titles . . .

That isn't that much money, especially in Malibu.

by Anonymousreply 40April 11, 2020 11:43 PM

One notices that Sir Elton has also been silent.

by Anonymousreply 41April 11, 2020 11:46 PM

R41, I had noticed the same thing. Weren't they (or at least Meghan) calling him daily for advice and support, as reported in the news?

by Anonymousreply 42April 12, 2020 12:55 AM

Harry and Meghan are on the BRF's shitlist by now. Being friends with the Harkles won't get anyone a CBE.

The Harkles might want people to think people like the Clooneys and Elton are their friends. I'm not sure their "friends" - some of whom they met for the first time at their wedding - feel the same way these days.

by Anonymousreply 43April 12, 2020 1:02 AM

Elton John probably couldn't care less at this stage in his career. He does what he wants and nothing will ruin his reputation. So if he actually wants to talk to the H&M he will. He has nothing to lose.

The Clooneys and Oprah and Serena still have to walk the tightrope. They don't want the bad publicity and will distance themselves if they have to.

I think it's funny that you never hear anything from her Suits cast members. Yes, it was a C-list show and most of the cast agreed to be extras at her wedding, but you think she'd at least give one or two of them a shoutout.

by Anonymousreply 44April 12, 2020 1:12 AM

R44, supposedly that Abigail chick was visiting them at some point on Vancouver Island. That’s all I’ve ever heard about.

by Anonymousreply 45April 12, 2020 1:28 AM

Poor Archie will be a red haired black child.

by Anonymousreply 46April 12, 2020 1:31 AM

Archie will look entirely white, like his father. He'll also grow up far more materially privileged than 99% of the white kids in this country.

If you're going to pity him, don't pity him for his mixed-race heritage. Pity him for having a depressive boyman and a narcissistic grifter as parents.

by Anonymousreply 47April 12, 2020 1:44 AM

[quote] Pity him for having a depressive boyman and a narcissistic grifter as parents.

It happens to the best of us.

by Anonymousreply 48April 12, 2020 1:58 AM

Meghan's crazed fans only like her because her mother is black. Meghan, as we all know, herself barely looks black, and mainly looks Mediterranean/ Italian/ Hellenic.

Will Meghan's fans go even more insane at the betrayal when Archie grows up completely white? He'll behave completely white too. He'll talk completely white. He'll only date white women (or men). He'll completely reject them and their worldview.

What will the racist (pro-black variety) Megstans do then?

by Anonymousreply 49April 12, 2020 2:32 AM

R49 Pro-Black? and the problem with that is what? Any grown ass woman who runs a blog, twitter or instagram account and makes videos or photoshops pics of another human being who they haven't met is a Fucking nutter. It is mental illness. It is obsession and it is stalking. That is why I am pro Meghan. MurkyMeg, Jersey Deanne, Nuttyflavorblog. All grown women who are fixated on another human being. It isn't an interest in Royalty. It is a pathalogical scary fixation on Meghan. It took the people watching the main troll group 4 days to find the main group. How? They sat on the above mentioned blogs and 3 others and looked at the comments section. The same group of women spend all day fixating on Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 50April 12, 2020 2:45 AM

When they aren't commenting on blogs they are sitting on gossip sites. When they aren't sitting on gossip sites they are photoshopping pics and making videos and memes. Of someone the haven't met. Daily. This isn't about being a Megstan, which makes you sound like a twelve year old by the way. It is about the rights of someone not to be hounded to death by a bunch of women whose whole life seems to be obsessing over a complete stranger. So kiss my sweaty taint ladies

by Anonymousreply 51April 12, 2020 2:49 AM

And after you have kissed my sweaty taint you can lick, nibble and fondle my meaty deliciously hairy nutsack!!

by Anonymousreply 52April 12, 2020 2:51 AM

A racist is a racist, r50, whether pro-white or pro-black or pro-asian. The Megstans like her solely because she is half black (they're willing to overlook the fact that her father is white since she apparently hates him, so that's ok by them). That's why they are so insane. Because they put skin colour first, last and always.

Because all they see in Meghan is skin colour, to them, anyone who criticises her must hate her because of her skin. The Megstans are the major racists in this whole sorry tale. And like all racists, they are insane, stupid, vicious and petty.

And that's why Megstans are hated everywhere they go, except for racist blogs such as CB.

by Anonymousreply 53April 12, 2020 3:06 AM

Meghan is held in disdain for her actions, it has nothing to do with her color.

by Anonymousreply 54April 12, 2020 4:04 AM

"Harry and Meghan are on the BRF's shitlist by now. Being friends with the Harkles won't get anyone a CBE. "

Well, that's been enough to scare away any socially ambitious Brit celebrities. And most of Harry's old aristocratic buddies, I don't think any of them want to be on King William's shit list.

As for the Hollywood A-list, only the most supremely socially ambitious will avoid them because of the BRF (see Reese Witherspoon pic), but the A-plus list will avoid them as long as they're laughingstocks. But once the Hollywood social scene picks up again and the trolls find new targets, the A-minus list might start to schmooze with them, they are still internationally famous and titled and of interest to the media, after all. Publicity is publicity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55April 12, 2020 4:07 AM

R48– Even though she may be a good digging whore but I feel Melania is a good mother

by Anonymousreply 56April 12, 2020 4:35 AM

Miss Meghan better learn to be a good mother because Archie is her meal ticket once the shyte hits the fan.

by Anonymousreply 57April 12, 2020 4:37 AM

I don't care for MM but some of those youtube ladies are downright nasty. Most are trump supporters and at least one is a homophobic cow that called MM's make up person a faggot.

by Anonymousreply 58April 12, 2020 5:12 AM

Time will tell, but my feeling is the A-list will treat them warily after the video of Harry pitching Bob Iger in a royal receiving line. Show business is all about networking and schmoozing, but not like that. Meryl Streep's not going to let herself get caught on tape asking a royal family member for some kind of royal order at an event.

by Anonymousreply 59April 12, 2020 5:23 AM

What exactly has she done to her mouth - lip filler or large new veneers?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60April 12, 2020 9:51 AM

Look, Meg and Harry, having personality disorders does NOT make you experts on mental health treatment.

by Anonymousreply 61April 12, 2020 10:00 AM

Did Meg have a boob job? Her hooter looked a lot bigger in her Deal Or No Deal days, you would never have thought she had such sad little hooters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62April 12, 2020 11:12 AM

R60, I can’t figure it out, either. I’m thinking it’s a procedure with the lip? Resembles Anne Coulter’s, the way it presses on the teeth.

by Anonymousreply 63April 12, 2020 11:23 AM

Harry’s a little bitch.

by Anonymousreply 64April 12, 2020 11:24 AM

People who've studied photos of Meghan over the years think at one point she had a boob job and later had it undone.

by Anonymousreply 65April 12, 2020 11:29 AM

From the pic in R60, her nose looks different too. It was a turned up ski jump before; now it points downward in that pic.

by Anonymousreply 66April 12, 2020 11:33 AM

When everything is said and done, Harry will return to the UK at one point. Probably after they split up. As for celebrities going incommunicado on the Harkles, it's quite simple: The monarchy's sphere of influence is enormous. You don't want to get cross with the Queen nor her heirs.

What Harry seems oblivious to the fact that he's almost a nobody, now that he no longer wants to be a part of the BRF.

by Anonymousreply 67April 12, 2020 12:24 PM

Meghan intends for Harry to return to the UK.

She dragged him out of his sphere with the promise of "We'll rule the Commonwealth - AND we'll make money doing it too" .

Then, while keeping him believing this nonsense daydream, in a borrowed house far beyond their means, she plotted dragging her trophy back to her homeland. Not only because she's happier there, but because from the moment they took up residence there, the clock begins to tick on residency.

And residency in California means 50/50 split.

And I guarantee you that this is exactly the position Meghan was envisioning from the moment she spke to Vanity Fair.

That smile on the steps of Windsor? That smile was an alimony smile.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68April 12, 2020 12:59 PM

Except it's only 50/50 on money earned since the marriage, R68, and they haven't actually earned anything. The only proper income is from Harry's trust fund, which is nothing in Hollywood terms. She can hardly claim half of what Charles may or may not chose to give them as a gift.. Child support is different, of course, but time limited and subject to supervision.

by Anonymousreply 69April 12, 2020 1:28 PM

R46 - Oh, ffs, he's going to be a white ginge - that is, if his hair doesn't darken as he ages, which is entirely possible. Meghan made sure when breeding to get as much of her Mum's DNA out of the wash as possible.

If you didn't know, you wouldn't know.

by Anonymousreply 70April 12, 2020 1:36 PM

I agree about Sir Elton - he probably doesn't care much about getting across the BRF and he's already got his knighthood. However, that said, he's still not interested in bad PR, and he put his foot in it once already about the private jets for the Sussexes. But that was before Megxit and all the nasty controversies that showed the Sussexes in a bad light.

Given the sensitivities around the rich and their bolt-holes and the virus, perhaps he thinks better of stepping into the hornet's nest the Sussexes keep creating with bad PR decisions. Canadians were not precisely thrilled with finding out that the Sussexes just used them to save money for six months or so whilst they planned their jump to what we all knew they were aiming for, anyway. Perhaps Sir Elton is beginning to realise that Harry may be darling Diana's son - but he's also a first-class bellend.

The Clooneys, however, are in a more sensitive position. Amal is closely tied into Charles' The Prince's Trust, they have a huge estate in Gloucestershire, where Charles' beloved Highgrove is, and after the mess the Sussexes made of things, perhaps the Clooneys have remembered that discretion is the better part of valour. Clooney has always had political ambitions, I don't doubt he'd love a CBE, and his wife is a social climber par excellence who could teach Meghan a thing or two. If they want to maintain a high profile in Britain, championing the traitorous, disrespectful Sussexes isn't the wisest course.

by Anonymousreply 71April 12, 2020 1:49 PM

^*Actually, I must correct myself: the Clooney's estate s in Berkshire, not Gloucestershire.

by Anonymousreply 72April 12, 2020 1:53 PM

The Clooneys now want nothing to do with the mangled Markles.

And who can blame them?

by Anonymousreply 73April 12, 2020 2:57 PM

Even if they do a tell-all in which they let cameras film their private life at Malibu, what would that gain them? Likely more derision. Oprah appeals to the over-40 demographics. Also Oprah isn't Oprah anymore, her sphere of influence in society has diminished due to her age and the dominance of social media. She's a relic of old media. No one watches those gushing celebrity interviews anymore, I remember watching them as a kid in the '80s-'90s but they're passé now.

Open yourself now by telling lies and you'll be fact-checked and derided by internet sleuths. Celebrities can't get away with as much now, even when Whitney made her "Crack is wack, I make too much money to do crack" pronouncement during that infamous interview, the lid was already open on celebs lying through their teeth to the public. Now the model is the Kartrashians, you either go all in with shameless self-promotion and TMI paps in your everyday life, or you don't. You simply can't control your own narrative when you open yourself that way for fame and money, which are what the Kartrashians are mainly concerned with. The Sussexes' main problem is that they're also focused on status besides fame and fortune. Their need to be considered above the plebs and mere celebs, this focus on their status is what is making them a joke in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 74April 12, 2020 3:27 PM

She'll find a way, r69

by Anonymousreply 75April 12, 2020 4:00 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76April 12, 2020 4:05 PM

Their foundation is shady as fuck. You don't start a foundation without seeding large amounts of your own money. A foundation's main goal is to dole out money to charities that align with its vision. You don't beg for donations to the foundation, essentially for the foundation to then disburse to charities. It's ass backwards that the Sussexes to be doing this, basically they're the shady middleman in this personal enrichment scheme.

Why insist on a foundation? Because it's a vehicle for self-aggrandizement with perks of writing off personal expenses. You can install your family and friends as board members. You'll be on the radar of greedy corporations looking to recruit socially-conscious board members and willing to pay you a hefty sum. You'll be guaranteed invitations to all the important social events and retreats where billionaires pay lip service to social causes. So why a foundation? Because the Sussexes need a foundation more than a foundation needs them.

by Anonymousreply 77April 12, 2020 4:58 PM

All of their moves are so patently transparent, I can't believe anybody is falling for it. I don't think any truly smart or influential people will, not at this point.

by Anonymousreply 78April 12, 2020 5:02 PM

What's even more astonishing is that they can't shut up about their plans and schemes! Its like immediately announcing you are pregnant when you've already had a history of miscarriages.

And yes, its all shady AF.

by Anonymousreply 79April 12, 2020 5:05 PM

What form of birth control are they using to prevent little Arce Diana from forming?

by Anonymousreply 80April 12, 2020 5:08 PM

Can you imagine the resentment a year from now?

“You promised we’d be rolling in cash and invitations because of your Hollywood friends”

“Well, YOU’RE the one who said we’d get in anywhere by namedropping your granny”

by Anonymousreply 81April 12, 2020 5:49 PM

I think a lot of people were surprised about how stupid Harry really is. The BRF’s machine kept it in check, but many people were surprised when that video came out of him blatantly asking for work for his wife at a public gathering. His other moments of stupidity could be chalked up to him being young and immature and we all do stupid stuff. But he totally owned that moment and demonstrated that the BRF hasn’t done a very good job of teaching him how to behave in social settings.

by Anonymousreply 82April 12, 2020 6:05 PM

Harry is woefully thick but thinks he's a leading authority on many topics, from the effects of video game violence, third world suffering through to mental health and saving the environment.

by Anonymousreply 83April 12, 2020 6:11 PM

Harry is so dumb that he flunked a basic computer skills test while he was attending the royal military academy. Apparently the academy instructors were shocked because the test was considered to be basic level. Later on in his army career when he was training to be a helicopter pilot, he failed his pilot theory exam and the army had to allow him special time and tutelage for him to pass the exam. But then even before he retook the exam he was allowed to continue in the pilot training program. The man-child was and is dunce. He's always been given special deference and treatment due to his status. Now he expects the same in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 84April 12, 2020 6:12 PM

One of the interesting things Max Hastings said in his piece on Megxit for Airmail is that the Harry train wreck was a foregone conclusion as soon as Harry made the decision to quit the military, because the military gave Harry the structure he so badly needed.

I believe Hastings was right: the military was a safer place for someone like Harry.

by Anonymousreply 85April 12, 2020 6:22 PM

What was their official story of why he left the army so young? Men can stay in our UK military til retirement age.

by Anonymousreply 86April 12, 2020 6:23 PM

Harry had to pass the lieutenant's exam to stay in with his pride intact. He couldn't do it, so he left.

He's not bright, but he also comes across as monumentally lazy. You know they would have found him the best tutors possible to pass that exam, but he didn't seem to want to bother.

Then Granny made him an honorary lieutenant, which points to the heart of Harry's problem. He can't be arsed because he's never HAD to be arsed.

by Anonymousreply 87April 12, 2020 7:01 PM

Thanks R87 but what reason did he give?

by Anonymousreply 88April 12, 2020 7:07 PM

R83 He's also an expert on racism, the media, and wildlife conservation among other things. Really a modern day Da Vinci, that one.

by Anonymousreply 89April 12, 2020 7:15 PM

R88 I'm not R87, but I think at that time Harry gave the explanation of wanting to help out in the family biz, to do good work as was his birthright and good fortune in life to do so. But then all along he was looking for an actress to marry, someone who he said could handle the media attention. But I think what he meant was someone who would seek media attention, because Harry is a famewhore at heart. As soon as he got with Meghan then he's like boo hoo senior royal duties suck plus my family are dicks because they won't let me trade on my status for fame and money so peace out.

by Anonymousreply 90April 12, 2020 7:32 PM

That house is so tacky.

by Anonymousreply 91April 12, 2020 7:34 PM

R90 is correct: Harry left the military to become a "full-time working senior royal". I think Harry knew he couldn't get any farther than he had, and so like many younger sons who found themselves at loose ends, did the sensible thing and joined the family firm as a junior partner. Then he began to realise that his older brother would always be Chair of the Board with a controlling interest of the corporation's shares.

It's anyone's guess how it all would have turned out if Chelsy had said, Yes, and he hadn't found himself in the grip of a woman with several axes to grind, an agenda she'd had long prior to meeting him, and determined to set herself up for life by milking everything Harry's family and its wealth and status could give her.

Harry's issues being what they are, marriage to any of his previous GFs might have failed, but I cannot imagine that had it been Chelsy, at least it would have been fun for a good while, minus all the awful drama and breaches with family, and no one would have mentioned the word "golddigger" as she filthy rich on her own.

It's just too bad, it really is.

by Anonymousreply 92April 12, 2020 7:49 PM

With Chelsy, Harry would have been the golddigger, as her father would have been funding much of his lifestyle if he'd left his duties as a working Royal.

I'm sure that would have been a huge relief to Charles and William, actually, to see Harry happily ensconced in the lap of luxury in Africa, far away from tabloids and allowed to do what he's always wished to do: fuck-all.

by Anonymousreply 93April 12, 2020 9:21 PM

"...said in his piece on Megxit for Airmail is that the Harry train wreck was a foregone conclusion as soon as Harry made the decision to quit the military, because the military gave Harry the structure he so badly needed. "

That's why I've said he would have been better off leaving the BRF to be an organic farmer or running a game preserve, those jobs don't take a high IQ and would give structure to his days. Being at loose ends is the worst thing in the world for people who are spoiled, impatient, possibly unstable, and who have few inner resources.

And here he's gone to LA just as the whole damn place shut down for weeks and weeks.

by Anonymousreply 94April 12, 2020 9:57 PM

Agreed, R94. And once LA gets back in gear, it's going to be the worst possible environment for someone spoiled, impatient, possibly unstable, and having few inner resources.

by Anonymousreply 95April 12, 2020 10:26 PM

It does take brains to operate a farm successfully. I don’t know about game preserves, but I assume one must have some brains to arrange food and outwit poachers.

by Anonymousreply 96April 12, 2020 10:26 PM

If Harry was on a farm or zoo, he would be head in name only. There would be a gilly to do all the hard work and Harry would just walk around and observe.

by Anonymousreply 97April 12, 2020 10:33 PM

If, as is suggested, he's both dim and lazy, he'd be a disaster in either of those suggestions, R94. He literally has no idea what a responsible job is.

by Anonymousreply 98April 12, 2020 10:34 PM

Some people seem to think Harry won't be in LA for long and that a green card is not in the cards: he'd be taxed on all his income from everywhere.

Eventually obtaining US citizenship? He'd have to jettison his titles so presumably the Duchess wouldn't be a duchess without a Duke.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99April 12, 2020 10:36 PM

Even for a British tabloid, the Star is dodgy, R99.

by Anonymousreply 100April 12, 2020 10:48 PM

[quote]He'd have to jettison his titles so presumably the Duchess wouldn't be a duchess without a Duke.

No he wouldn't, you can be an American and have titles from other countries. His son Archie did (or does). If he had to give them up, that would be an British thing not an American thing.

by Anonymousreply 101April 12, 2020 10:52 PM

R101 - What? Archie has dual citizenship because his mother is American and his father is British. Nothing about his titles is at all involved in that. And Archie was born in the UK, where there is no issue whatsoever about his title.

Meanwhile, naturalised citizens of the US are asked on their applications if they have any titles given to them by foreign governments, and they have to state that they owe no allegiance to any other nations, which HRH Prince Henry Charles Albert David, Duke of Sussex, might have a bit of trouble doing, as his titles stem from his membership in the reigning royal family of a foreign State.

British law doesn't recognise foreign titles (e.g., the one Bea will acquire when she marries her Italian count), but that's not the same thing as the clause in America's naturalisation application that asks about your foreign titles and your allegiance to any other state.

Harry would have quite the time persuading Immigration and Naturlisation that despite being HRH Prince Henry, Duke of Sussex - he hasn't a shred of allegiance to the entity that gave him the titles.

There would be an almighty uproar and chargues of rank hypocrisy. I suspect, as well, that the reason the Sussexes declined to call Archie by Harry's subsidiary title of Earl Dumbarton is that, as reported, they had already decided to leave the UK for America by May 2019. It makes sense: they knew perfectly well how badly that Earl Dumbarton bit would go down in Hollywood.

If Harry files for American citizenship, he WILL drop the titles; and if he doesn't, his Gran will pull them, anyway.

He doesn't get to be Just Call Me Citizen Harry M-W AND HRH Prince Henry, Duke of Sussex, too.

by Anonymousreply 102April 12, 2020 11:09 PM

He'll never give up the titles or his British citizenship. They are the sole shaky rope bridge he has back to his old life (or something like it). Even Harry isn't that stupid.

by Anonymousreply 103April 12, 2020 11:14 PM

[quote] they have to state that they owe no allegiance to any other nations,

That is less of an absolute than people think. If it was actually enforced there would be no naturalized duel-citizens but there are.

by Anonymousreply 104April 12, 2020 11:17 PM

As a wise man once said, “If you want drama, marry an actress.”

by Anonymousreply 105April 12, 2020 11:32 PM

The Oath of Allegiance, Part C

Any applicant who has any titles of heredity or positions of nobility in any foreign state must renounce the title or the position. [bold]The applicant must expressly renounce the title in a public ceremony and USCIS must record the renunciation as part of the proceedings. [/bold] Failure to renounce the title of position shows a lack of attachment to the Constitution.

In order to renounce a title or position, the applicant must add one of the following phrases to the Oath of Allegiance:

I further renounce the title of (give title or titles) which I have heretofore held; or

I further renounce the order of nobility (give the order of nobility) to which I have heretofore belonged. [6]

An applicant whose country of former nationality or origin abolished the title by law, or who no longer possesses a title, is not required to drop that portion of his or her name that originally designated such title as a part of his or her naturalization.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106April 12, 2020 11:35 PM

Would the Einstein card over-ride all that? Imagine, considering Harry for Einstein status!

by Anonymousreply 107April 12, 2020 11:54 PM

Let's say best case scenario the LA entertainment industry resumes again in mid-summer, the Sussexes will have gone a good 6+ months without any income aside from the JP Morgan speech. Assuming they were paid at a high estimate of $1 million, after taxes that's more like $600K and that's before agent fees. So no income, lots of outgoing expenses, and mounting pressure to take any job offers. If that's not going on now then it'll be happening by summer when the fallout from Megxit and their ability to get work in LA all converge into moment of truth. If it's true that Charles would only spot them 1 year of financial support before they have to rely on Harry's inheritance, then it's panic time.

By summer/ fall they'd be 2/3 of the way into the 1-year plan so they would have to scramble for work, even ones that were once considered to be beneath them. Doubtful that Harry could command anywhere close to $1 million fees again to mope about being a semi-orphan. Most likely someone would offer them a reality show deal that they can't refuse. Perhaps Bravo or Netflix would take a chance on something that's quick to produce and film. The problem with that is it'll destroy all credibility of the Sussexes' premise for jilting the BRF, or whatever little of credibility that's left. You cannot say you yearn for privacy while letting cameras follow you around a la Kartrashsians.

by Anonymousreply 108April 13, 2020 12:31 AM

Frogmore Cottage isn't looking so bad after all.

by Anonymousreply 109April 13, 2020 12:43 AM

R108, you forgot about the $3M salary for the elephant narration. I’m sure that money went into the Sussex foundation. And we know who controls those funds. I haven’t heard of any charitable donations made by their charity, have you?

by Anonymousreply 110April 13, 2020 12:52 AM

R110 That's right I forgot about that, maybe because they said that money was going towards the now defunct SF. But I suspect that money was then used to hire that PR woman from the Gates Foundation. So basically Disney paid their PR guru's salary for 1-2 years instead of that donation going to any actual charities. Shameful.

by Anonymousreply 111April 13, 2020 12:56 AM

This broad is so desperate. I actually see her becoming "pregnant" again just for the attention. After all, it is the kartrashian way to poop out as many kids as possible in order to ensure subjects to pimp out for money.

by Anonymousreply 112April 13, 2020 1:05 AM

I doubt the woman running their foundation is making anywhere near $1 million a year.

by Anonymousreply 113April 13, 2020 1:22 AM

Aren’t setting up foundations just a means for celebrities to dodge taxes. I recall something about people being caught out with their foundations not paying anything out to their supposed causes.

I still think that Meghan’s plan is to be an A list Hollywood star, because I just can’t see anyone paying them big bucks for speaking engagements. Any cachet they were trading on is gone.

Who would pay that kind of money to see a wannabe and a usetobe ?

by Anonymousreply 114April 13, 2020 1:37 AM

How can their foundation/charity/cybersquatting magnet be dodgy? If it isn't a non-profit then contributions won't be charitable contributions and as a consequence, not tax-deductible. Who'd donate otherwise? If it's a 501-C organization and thus exempt from paying most Federal (and many states') taxes, contributions are treated as tax-deductible, and it has to be audited annually with the income and expenditures publicly reported. A charity can't spend most of what it gets on overhead if it wants to exist for long, let alone be considered reputable.

If they tried to live off the proceeds they'll get eaten alive.

by Anonymousreply 115April 13, 2020 1:39 AM

She will never be A-List. She was a shit actress and isn't interesting enough for people to be checking for her. I mean, other than the whole train wreck thing.

by Anonymousreply 116April 13, 2020 1:43 AM

R115, no doubt she wants to be an actress (ahem) again. But it’s not that lucrative. And Harry still needs something to do. So I think they’re still going to fart around with a dodgy charity and let him go begging for money. He’s obviously not above it if he’s soliciting jobs for his wife.

by Anonymousreply 117April 13, 2020 1:44 AM

R115 If you don't think that some wealthy people use their non-profits and charities to live off of, I know of a lovely slightly-used bridge in Brooklyn, I'd like to sell you.

by Anonymousreply 118April 13, 2020 1:59 AM

R118 Name one. The IRS will be at least as interested as me.

by Anonymousreply 119April 13, 2020 2:02 AM

R119 I'm not naming one on here. But, I mentioned in the last thread that I worked for a non-profit where the head of the non-profit was most assuredly skimming money off the top. I did report it to the IRS, but nothing was ever done about it, that I know about. The organization is still around, she is still running it, there are no court records of any action by the IRS against her or the organization, and I was never contacted by an investigator or prosecutor. It is true, the non-profit I am talking about isn't as big at the Sussex one will probably be, she claimed to the IRS that the income of the organization was around $400,000 with expenditures of roughly the same amount. But, as I set up the appointment and billing system, I knew and shared with the IRS the fact that the yearly income was more around $600,000 and expenditures around $100,000. I, also, don't think it is a coincidence that the woman I am speaking about has a second home on a Caribbean Island known for off-shore bank accounts.

by Anonymousreply 120April 13, 2020 2:17 AM

There are definitely some intentions of tricking the public with their humanitarians endeavors. First they established the Sussex Foundation that was definitely not a nonprofit and they'd filed trademarks on every merchandise under the sun. Now the SF is gone, Harry was caught telling fake Greta that they were done with foundation-level work. Then came Archewell and they made it a point of calling it a nonprofit. Now they're inviting more questions.

Truth is fiduciary abuse by nonprofits is on the rise, here there's this nonprofit called Wounded Warriors which is a veterans nonprofit, it came out that they're only spending 40-50% of funds on helping veterans while staff was enjoying traveling perks and parties galore. NYC mayor Di Blasio was under investigation for irregularities in his nonprofit. Politicians regularly funnel shady donations through nonprofits first, it's easy to look those up as it's part of normal business dealing in politics. Politicians hide money in nonprofits so why not celebs and wannabe celebs?

Shady nonprofits have also been in recent news. Remember that "Varsity Blues" college bribery scandal? The guy who ran it operated out of a nonprofit, from which he'd funneled donations into his other ventures. Celebrities freely "donated" to the charity knowing full well that it's a money laundering scheme. Rich donors to nonprofits donate in essence to buy influence, quid pro quo if you may.

by Anonymousreply 121April 13, 2020 2:30 AM

R118, you asked us to name one crooked charity? Let’s start with the Trump Foundation. IIRC, they never made any real donations or grants to anyone. Still under investigation for “persistently illegal conduct.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122April 13, 2020 2:43 AM

Oops... comments were directed to R19

by Anonymousreply 123April 13, 2020 2:44 AM

Fuck.. that’s R119. My fingers are getting fat.

by Anonymousreply 124April 13, 2020 2:46 AM

I am really uncomfortable with them constantly referring to these 'Foundations' which (as everyone is saying) seem to be some kind of vessel to procure large sums of money, which will be spent on god knows what!

The truth is MM will get often an A List film, because producers will think she is bankable. But everyone already knows she is a mediocre actress at best and she ultimately want get any further offers.

by Anonymousreply 125April 13, 2020 2:49 AM

And Lori’s trial is set for October. Rick’s scam is over and so will he be after the last high-buck “donor” is sentenced. He’ll go to jail. The Feds don’t fuck around. He and by extension they got caught because someone else with his own problems tried to minimize them by ratting out Rick Singer. Someone who knows they’re diddling with the books and reports it will get lots more attention than you did.

Anyone as high-profile as the Harkles would be idiotic to try and fuck with the taxman. To suggest they’re in the same league as the anonymous penny-ante half-million dollar non-profit you mentioned is ridiculous.

It hasn’t even been organized and we and doubtless others are already talking about it. Do you think the IRS’s Los Angeles Field Office and California’s Secretary of State is going to ignore them if they don’t file audited reports? Don’t you think the LA Times is going to be looking for and at what they file?

Comparing your experience with their’s is an order of magnitude’s difference. It’s easy to hide in the dark when the players aren’t famous and they haven’t pissed off someone important, something the Duchess so far seems incapable of avoiding.

And Trump has already been nailed and will continue to be once he’s out of office by the Justice Department and Letitia James, New York’s AG and a woman who would love to ride his high-profile prosecution to higher office.

by Anonymousreply 126April 13, 2020 2:50 AM

So where’s the $3M Disney paid? We were told it was going to their foundation, but R126 says it hasn’t even been organized yet.

by Anonymousreply 127April 13, 2020 2:56 AM

Harry will learn Pilates from Doria. Once the plague is over, fraus will flock to guru Harry’s Pilates class. They will offer him piles of money for private instruction.

by Anonymousreply 128April 13, 2020 3:11 AM

R120, report to the DA’s office, particularly if your DA is elected. It’s good publicity if true. I’d mention the Caribbean property.

by Anonymousreply 129April 13, 2020 3:22 AM

R127, according to press reports (so take that for what it's worth) Disney paid the money directly to Elephants Without Borders or whatever the actual elephant charity is called. I don't recall that it was supposed to go through the Harkles Foundation first because they don't have one.

I took this as a loss-leader. They'll do one for free and then start the hustle.

by Anonymousreply 130April 13, 2020 3:38 AM

"[R115], no doubt she wants to be an actress (ahem) again. But it’s not that lucrative. "

Hey, she got three million dollars for a few hours voice work! She'll try for more.

Because as others have pointed out, they're living high and aren't earning diddly-squat, and it'll probably be months before they have any hope of earning more. LA is going to stay under shelter-in-place orders for at least another month, which means she can't even get fashion companies to pay her to wear their shit for pap walks. So once the orders lift and the entertainment industry cautiously starts to get back to work, she will be trying for ANYTHING that will bring in a few bucks.

by Anonymousreply 131April 13, 2020 4:02 AM

I'm truly shocked she hasn't been doing thirsty shit on social media.

by Anonymousreply 132April 13, 2020 4:23 AM

Frogmore looks better than ever, r109

by Anonymousreply 133April 13, 2020 5:08 AM

Do you think they are "borrowing" another mansion to live in?

by Anonymousreply 134April 13, 2020 5:16 AM

R134 It’s been reported that they’re buying Mel Gibson’s property for $12 million.

by Anonymousreply 135April 13, 2020 5:37 AM

Of course they're borrowing another house. It belongs to the father in law of that designer - Nonoo.

I doubt they're buying that old Gibson place, it's hideous. Anyone trying to unload a house in Malibu is pretending the Harkles are interested right now.

by Anonymousreply 136April 13, 2020 5:41 AM

Meghan "in talks with Oprah" to do a tell-all interview on her BRF exit - for $1 Million...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137April 13, 2020 6:01 AM

Will Harry get a chance to talk on the Million $$$ Oprah Special, or are we only interested in Meghan’s viewpoint?

by Anonymousreply 138April 13, 2020 6:07 AM

There goes any future funding from Charles.

by Anonymousreply 139April 13, 2020 6:56 AM

They're blowing smoke. They are still in that review period. They talk, they can kiss funding and titles goodbye. Besides, what dirt could she possibly have? How many different ways can she say that the BRF/UK is racist?

by Anonymousreply 140April 13, 2020 7:00 AM

Within a two-hour Oprah interview.

by Anonymousreply 141April 13, 2020 7:06 AM

Who said anything about two hours? Meghan wants at least three hours, plus a piece of the back end.

by Anonymousreply 142April 13, 2020 7:11 AM

Oh, and it’ll be Meghan interviewing Oprah... let’s get that straight.

by Anonymousreply 143April 13, 2020 7:14 AM

If Meg is in talks with Oprah for a tell-all interview, she's probably also in talks with Charles, to find out how much he'll pay her not to do the interview.

That's how you play the game, when nothing's coming in and you've got a child and an expensive publicist to support.

by Anonymousreply 144April 13, 2020 7:25 AM

R138 Meghan will give her signal. Harry will then rehash his Poor Semi-Orphan Harry sob story about being the only person in the whole fucking world to lose a parent as a child. Then after he does his bit, Meghan will resume her lead role like she always does in their public engagements.

by Anonymousreply 145April 13, 2020 7:37 AM

And she’ll ALWAYS know where that camera is.

by Anonymousreply 146April 13, 2020 7:40 AM

Meghan's agent will send over to Oprah a list of approved questions to ask during the interview.

by Anonymousreply 147April 13, 2020 7:48 AM

Approved Questions:

1. Meghan, please tell us about your elephant documentary. 2. Meghan, why wasn’t the British royal family overwhelmed by your glowing personality? 3. Meghan, how did you get so woke?

by Anonymousreply 148April 13, 2020 7:55 AM

"Well, Oprah, as a woman of colour, a mother, a sister, a daughter, a niece, a cousin...wait what was the question? Ah yes, my elephant documentary...didn't you just love my elephant pool party joke? I wrote that in myself for a writing credit."

by Anonymousreply 149April 13, 2020 8:08 AM

I doubt MM would do a tell-all, and I certainly doubt Oprah wants to cross the BRF.

Source of this drudgery is the Mirror, one of the filthiest UK rags. And that’s saying something!

by Anonymousreply 150April 13, 2020 8:12 AM

Is the Mirror the one that has the page something slutty girls?

by Anonymousreply 151April 13, 2020 8:15 AM

That's The Sun, [R151]. Page Three, I think it is/was.

by Anonymousreply 152April 13, 2020 8:37 AM

"I certainly doubt Oprah wants to cross the BRF. "

I disagree. There may be celebrities who would hesitate to tick off the BRF, but I don't think Oprah is one of them. She's not on frau TV every day so she doesn't need to worry about controversy or enemies affecting her ratings, and she doesn't seem to be the sort of social climber who'd kill for an invitation to the Palace. I don't think Oprah is afraid of the royals, or wants their approval.

But I also don't know if Oprah wants anything to do with public laughingstocks like Meghan and Harry.

by Anonymousreply 153April 13, 2020 8:45 AM

Knowing this pretentious woman, the tell-all will be in some format like Michelle Obama interviewing her. She will weep as she explains that she picked Michelle because of their "connection" and best friend relationship. There will be a black and white photo "leaked" of them sitting on a couch with Markle in full open mouth guffaw while Michelle looks at her like WTF.

by Anonymousreply 154April 13, 2020 9:09 AM

Regarding charities' viabiliity, all that is plainly clarified on websites like Charity Watch and Charity Navigator. And charities' ratings change over time, so if you are including one in a will, it is important to update.

by Anonymousreply 155April 13, 2020 9:21 AM

R153 I don't agree. Any journalist (and lets put Oprah in this category for the sake of discussion) has to pick their battles and choose what bridges they will burn for the highest reward. Martin Bashir's Princess Diana interview was a case in point. For 14 years Diana had never publicly spoken in that way and the world knew what a mess her marriage was. Her dirty laundry was hung out for all to see for nearly a decade. Every journalist in the world would have jumped at the chance to be the one who got to interview her for the first time in this way.

However, if Meghan Markle is looking to get paid $1 million to talk to Oprah, then Oprah will know she is looking to stir controversy and make digs at the Royal Family. Sarah Ferguson has been interviewed by Oprah several times, and whilst she is honest about the institution of the Royal Family, she is nothing but complimentary about its members and especially The Queen. My point is, unless there is a huge scoop, I cannot see Oprah Winfrey wanting her face replayed in years to come, on a car crash interview where Meghan comes across as a spoilt brat who did not get the toys she wanted.

There really is no inside scoop with Meghan as there was with Diana. Harry was a loved member of The Royal Family, but low on the pecking order. The Queen was just happy her Grandson had found a wife and was getting married. Meghan and Harry did not have confines or major requirements put upon them and had a lot of freedom to live their life. The experiences Diana and even Sarah Ferguson had 30 years ago were dramatically different. The problems that Meghan and Harry perceived they faced, were due to them attempting to take major liberties with the institution and what is known as 'The Firm'. You do not go around trademarking Royal titles, engaging your own PR outside of the Royal system and attempting to cultivate a separate Royal Family entity outside of the institution. When The Firm attempted to restrict this, both Meghan and Harry started throwing their toys out of their pram and making digs via their social media comments.

Would any interviewer think it was a good idea to allow MM a platform to speak for an hour in which she digs a deeper hole for herself? If Oprah truly is a friend of hers, she wouldn't want her talking about the Royal Family if she did interview her.

by Anonymousreply 156April 13, 2020 10:46 AM

Didn't we get a story last week about staff being directed not to consider any projects that reflect badly on the monarchy, Britain, and the royal family?

Diana was the wife of one future King and the mother of another. She was English, she was an aristocrat in her own right, and she had been married for ore than ten years when she decided to strike at the BRF. And she paid dearly for it: it cost her the marriage she wanted to stay in, her royal style of HRH, and left her pushing forty, no longer the beautiful young ingenue to captured the nation's imagination and adoration, a divorcee with two sons, on the outs with a hugely influential, wealthy, famous family.

So if Meghan is thinking about a tell-all interview, she should really check back and see how that worked out for the Adored Iconic Diana.

Meghan is, of course, American and it's doubtful she thinks she will ever need good will in the UK again, and she'll hardly starve in the event of a divorce, but given that she still needs Charles' good will (although her trampling over his wife's big speech in March after agreeing not to suggests to me that Meghan is not as much in control of her Spite Demons as one might suppose), she'd be a fool to do any interview that didn't paint her as having left more in sorrow than in anger, and do a sunny "We're so excited to be on our own and planning how we're going to Make the World A Better Place!"

If Oprah is looking for an explosive tell-all, I suspect she'll be disappointed. And if Meghan does go for it, it will cost her heavily if she isn't sure of the tens of millions she really thinks she's going to make on her own. She can kiss her HRH and her title goodbye, and look toward a truly vicious cut-off in any settlement.

I'm never sure, frankly, watching Meghan's handling of things, whether it's just stupidity (you can be superficially clever but quite stupid at the same time), or whether her demons are stronger than is obvious and are more in control than I alternatively suppose.

Certainly, the saga is heaven-sent whilst we're all under siege.

by Anonymousreply 157April 13, 2020 1:00 PM

R157 Oh completely. It's like a dinner theatre version of Dallas or Dynasty!

Meghan would absolutely fit the psychological profiling of a Narcissist. But let's be honest most people who chose to be an actor or in a profession where people stare at them and admire them have narcissistic tendencies. But the indicators to MM's narcissism are in the ghosting. This is a text book trait of the narcissist and they will do it with anyone who is of either no purpose to them or who criticises them. Madonna is one of the most famous Ghosters out there. The Narcissist will not see it as Ghosting, but will give the hackneyed old line "It's so important to only have positive people in your life and remove anyone who is negative". However, the Narcissist has a very broad spectrum on what they regard as 'a negative and positive influence'. Most notably, someone will be relegated to the 'Negative Influence' category if they are no longer delivering positive elevation to the Narcissist's life. In short, when the person ceases being of use, they are cut off and labelled a 'negative influence'. The survival of The Narcissist depends on them finding positive people they can feed from (they can it thriving) and then moving on from them, before that individual holds a mirror up to the Narcissist when they begin to start questioning their behaviour.

Only until recently, famous people who were Narcissists had the protection of PR people who carefully weeded out negative behaviour and presented a public image that was much more likeable. However, social media now allows people in the public eye direct access to the public and this has been lethal for the Narcissist. As without filter, they will immediately share their selfish thoughts, exhibit their utter lack of self awareness and ultimately attempt to talk down to people whilst they pretend to be virtuous.

With Meghan Markle you have to understand she is attempting to navigate a playing field without any empathy or interest in those around her. The Narcissist interest is just themselves, so they will appear to continually make PR blunders in times of crisis because they won't understand why certain behaviour, timing of announcements or comments are inappropriate. The utter lack of human empathy (as an emotion) is a crucial aspect to understand in how they fail at navigating situations. For the Narcissist feigning empathy is no different to a gay man having to feign sexual attraction to a woman, they will do what they think is the correct thing, but something will seem amiss.

Case in point is Madonna's ludicrous Covid-19 video. Firstly she is the bath "Look at Me". She's surrounded by rose petals attempting to display an opulent pampered lifestyle and then proceeds to say Covid-19 doesn't discriminate against who is wealthy and successful and who isn't. Translating to; I am wealthy and successful you people are not, but we are all in this together. At no point does she demonstrate any awareness as to how utterly ridiculous she looks and also how inappropriate it is to put out a video to the world, in the bath discussing such a serious subject.

If The Narcissist is not contained, they will keep making clangers like this, until they lose all credibility.

by Anonymousreply 158April 13, 2020 2:09 PM

It’s obvious the Bill Gates hire has locked Megan out of Those ridiculous social media posts, but can’t prevent her from leaking bullshit to the press.

by Anonymousreply 159April 13, 2020 2:37 PM

I feel sorry for their live-in staff, probably they’re the permanent staff of whoever owns the Malibu mansion the Sussexes are squatting in. Except Archie’s nanny. I’m surprised Meghan hasn’t leaked stories to the media about caring for her family like a homesteading pioneer woman. Look for leaks about her growing vegetables in the garden soon. She’ll be an eco-new age-luxe version Martha Stewart. I can see her dreaming up new personas, she’ll act like whoever she needs to act like if there’s money and fame involved.

by Anonymousreply 160April 13, 2020 2:53 PM

There’s one reason Oprah won’t do a tell-all interview: The Coronation.

I predict within 10 years, Queen Elizabeth will die. Oprah will want to try and get an interview with Charles as he ascends to the throne. She won’t get anything if she issues a negative interview with Meghan.

The only avenue Meghan has is TMZ.

by Anonymousreply 161April 13, 2020 3:52 PM

"I predict within 10 years, Queen Elizabeth will die."

That's a mighty bold prediction.

by Anonymousreply 162April 13, 2020 3:57 PM

The world has drastically been altered by this pandemic. The economic uncertainties and slowdown will persist into next Spring as experts predict. Retailers aren't doing well. People are not spending money except on essentials, and that goes for professional, high income earners. Most celebrities are laying low because they don't want to be seen as tone-deaf rich people. Well, they don't want to be seen at all because their hair are in their natural states until salons are open again. But no, the Sussexes are not going to be making any kind of big money for the foreseeable future.

by Anonymousreply 163April 13, 2020 4:32 PM

"If Oprah truly is a friend of hers, she wouldn't want her talking about the Royal Family if she did interview her. "

True friend? Oh hohohahahaha!!!

Okay, a true friend would float the idea of a tell-all interview, so Meghan can use the threat to squeeze money out of Charles. An exploitive media personality would pay Meg to tell all, even though it'd cost her big in the long run, knowing full well that Charles will cut the little bitch off if she does tell all.

by Anonymousreply 164April 13, 2020 5:26 PM

"If Oprah truly is a friend of hers, she wouldn't want her talking about the Royal Family if she did interview her. "

True friend? Oh hohohahahaha!!!

Okay, a true friend would float the idea of a tell-all interview, so Meghan can use the threat to squeeze money out of Charles. An exploitive media personality would pay Meg to tell all, even though it'd cost her big in the long run, knowing full well that Charles will cut the little bitch off if she does tell all.

by Anonymousreply 165April 13, 2020 5:26 PM

R71: Kudos for using "Bell-end" as it perfectly describes Harry.

by Anonymousreply 166April 13, 2020 5:37 PM

R163 It is going to have ramifications for the media and arts industries probably for around 18 months. When things start to get back to normal people will come together in smaller groups. Immediate family will be the first (adult siblings, grandparents and close friends) meeting up again. Then health aspects like gym, hairdressing etc.

However, people will not want to be in large groups for a very long time. Therefore anything with a live audience is going to suffer. So theatre, music shows etc. Harry and Meghan's 'Talks' will also fit into this category.

by Anonymousreply 167April 13, 2020 5:51 PM

success is inevitable

by Anonymousreply 168April 13, 2020 6:25 PM

Yes, Meghan, er, R168

by Anonymousreply 169April 13, 2020 6:46 PM

The BRF covered up a lot of Harry's fuckups up until he and Meghan officially quit. But that protection is gone and they're in LA where TMZ calls the shots, and if they want to expose you then they will. How the fuck is Harry going to get away with being a cunt like he did with that female reporter in South Africa who asked him something along the lines of, paraphrasing, "do you think coming here and talking to them is going to help their condition?". You can just see Harry wanting to deck that reporter for daring to point out the obvious.

Now imagine Harry being tailed by TMZ crew asking him questions the way that they do with celebs in LA? Didn't he say he gets triggered by cameras being near him? Stevie Wonder could see the train wreck coming his way. He says he's traumatized by his mother's death, but apparently not traumatized enough to rehash it in speeches if you pay him $1 million to do so.

With Meghan, the last time she had a good paying gig in Hollywood was as a suitcase girl. That was how far she moved up the ladder in her LA acting pursuits. Is Hollywood going to be impressed with an ex-suitcase girl who's bagged her a dumb and not so rich (by LA mogul standards) prince? There are Oscar winners and way more talented or more beautiful actresses who can't get prestigious work, so how is ex-suitcase girl who's now pushing 40 going to manage it?

by Anonymousreply 170April 13, 2020 7:21 PM

R170 Oh truly, Hollywood won't know what's hit them when Harry hits the circuit. You are quite right the Royal Family covered up a lot of his behaviour, but he is notoriously arrogant and even aggressive to anyone who irritates or annoys him. Put it into perspective, his Grandmother is the Queen, His Father will be King, His brother will be King and he grew up having the world's most famous woman as his Mother. He simply won't be impressed by A list Hollywood actors, Directors or Producers. Likewise, these people will regard him as unimportant to their pursuits and effectively their inferior. So there is set to be this car crash situation where some A List Legend actor or director behaves chummy and patronising to Harry, and Harry goes RF frosty and cuts them off or even worse snaps at them.

If you think Meghan has isolated Harry from his friends and family in the UK, watch Harry set to work deciding that he doesn't like anyone in Hollywood and doesn't want Meghan working with them!

by Anonymousreply 171April 13, 2020 7:34 PM

I guess I really don't understand, but I'm not impressed by Harry. Why would anyone in Hollywood want to hang out with him? Is being royal really that much of a social calling card?

In all honesty, though, there are only two or three people in the world that I personally would like to sit down with and have a chat. I guess I'm just the type that is not impressed by people.

by Anonymousreply 172April 13, 2020 7:39 PM

Harry looks smelly

by Anonymousreply 173April 13, 2020 7:46 PM

R158, In the thread about asking an expert to share a secret from his field, an entertainment PR guy said the worst thing was that a client would talk to the media without a prepared script.

by Anonymousreply 174April 13, 2020 7:52 PM

R172 I don't get this obsession with wanting to know famous people either. What is even worse is this new breed of Andy Cohen type celebrity who put their sycophancy for famous people on show and make a thing out of it!

I get there are some famous who just have 'that thing' and you can literally see their talent (be it acting, singing, sport etc) and be excited to meet them. But over the last 20 years there have been more and more people elevating to A list stardom who simply aren't that much. They are average in every area and have become A list because we have been told they are A list.

Maybe it will become the poetic end of the line for Hollywood as we know it, that a man who has no other talent than being born into the right family, is foisted onto the Hollywood elite and expects to become an A List star without having any talent, history or product. I really don't believe this is going to take.

by Anonymousreply 175April 13, 2020 7:52 PM

R174 It is a disaster for a PR company when the client starts talking to the media or on display of the media without filtering it through their machine first. As I explained in another post, years ago it was not possible for celebrities to manage their own publicity, they had to go through a PR. But social media has enabled them control over their profile and a direct platform to speak to the public. This is so dangerous. Case in point is Roseanne! That woman would have still had a TV show if she didn't own an iPhone!

It's been my experience that so many famous people (no matter what they are famous for) are really unpleasant, selfish, egotistical people who demand to be loved. They will pretend they care about causes, charities and plights if it gives them an opportunity to make themselves look good. They will also go on record and lie about their political interests to make themselves seem virtuous.

All this makes the life of a publicist very difficult.

by Anonymousreply 176April 13, 2020 8:04 PM

R174 Was that guy talking about Andrew by chance?

by Anonymousreply 177April 13, 2020 8:07 PM

No, R177, he said he is in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 178April 13, 2020 8:13 PM

Oprah is as likely to get an interview with Charles upon becoming King as Meghan is likely to divorce Harry and marry William.

The top tier royals, let alone Sovereigns, don't do those kinds of interviews, and certainly not with American talk-show hosts.

The coronation is a non-issue. The only issue is bang for the buck with Meghan, and whether a week of hysterical headlines and one fee subject to taxes are worth it to Meghan to piss off people she might be negotiating with in a divorce one day.

by Anonymousreply 179April 13, 2020 8:55 PM

As we've seen with Megxit, Meghan doesn't seem to think too far into the future. She is totally the type to take the immediate money grab without considering the long term implications.

by Anonymousreply 180April 13, 2020 9:01 PM

Ok, I realize I’m making some broad generalizations here, but:

Having worked with Hollywood creative types for decades, I don’t see the Markles’ being overly successful here. There are two types of people they’ll encounter... either extremely high IQ egocentric executives/producers who have no time to waste on dumbheads who can’t quickly make them a lot of money... or actor/creative types who are only interested in you for their next job. Theres a third type too, and that’s agents. These evil fuckers will tell the client how wonderful that are, how the world is waiting to love them, and how much money they will make. Then, if they actually can get the client a job, they will drill the studio into the ground with demands. Not a good way to start a business relationship and one reason why there is so much bad blood between producers, directors and talent. All of these types will stab you in the back on a moments notice if it moves their careers along. Believe it. It’s a very cruel business and always reminds me the saying, “show business is like sausage... it’s fun to consume but you don’t want to know how it’s made.”

Not to diminish the Markles’ royal connections, but the average U.S. consumer of media is very young and very hip. They will not relate to or accept wisdom and advice coming from these two. They would sooner pay attention to what Kim and Kanye are doing. In their world it’s all about cool clothes and music and what their peers have to say. Also, unfortunately, the U.S. has a deep-seated disdain for anything smacking of “royal”, despite the popularity of shows like The Royals and Downton Abbey.

I’m afraid the Markles’ will be considered a momentary novelty and soon brushed off to relative obscurity.

by Anonymousreply 181April 13, 2020 9:01 PM

Is $1 million for a tell-all supposed to be impressive? They are now x-ed out of the family, so they have all the secrets they will ever have to tell. They have reached the peak of their interest. And the big offer is a measly $1 million?

by Anonymousreply 182April 13, 2020 9:02 PM

If Hollywood has no use for them, and I don't think it will as it scrambles to recover from an industry-wide lockdown... what's next for those two idiots?

Dubai?

by Anonymousreply 183April 13, 2020 9:15 PM

[quote] I'm not impressed by Harry

Touting for business with that movie executive at a line up at some reception was the low point.

by Anonymousreply 184April 13, 2020 9:16 PM

No r23, not at all like that. Kate's photos were taken on a balcony at a private home by long lens camera over a mile away. Markle took her own pics (more than one occasion too) of her itty bitties in public on full embarrassing display.

by Anonymousreply 185April 13, 2020 9:18 PM

[quote] If Hollywood has no use for them, and I don't think it will as it scrambles to recover from an industry-wide lockdown... what's next for those two idiots? Dubai?

Dumbarton is where they are ultimately headed.

by Anonymousreply 186April 13, 2020 9:23 PM

R68 you have to be married ten years for that to kick in. See Cruise/Kidman divorce.

by Anonymousreply 187April 13, 2020 9:23 PM

The Sussexes main problem is that the more the public knows about them, the less the public finds them likable. Also, $1 million is a lot of money for a speech or a woe-is-me interview with Oprah. But it's not a lot of money for walking the slippery slope into full-on tackiness of being a celebrity. Not only that but it destroys their narrative of wanting privacy. Again it's a slippery slope, the Sussexes are like former child or teen actors who accepts lucrative cash for solo porn video. But the next thing you know they're promoting their XXX debuts at the porn awards.

by Anonymousreply 188April 13, 2020 9:24 PM

What do you think about her chances as a producer? Is that an option?

by Anonymousreply 189April 13, 2020 10:24 PM

R189. And her skill set to be a producer is....

by Anonymousreply 190April 13, 2020 10:31 PM

The topless photos of Kate were taken at a private country estate in France belonging to William's cousin, Earl Snowden, off any main roads, at which the Cambridges assumed they were private. The photographer climbed a tall tree well in the distance with immense photo lens and got the photos, which he then sold to Closer Magazine. The furious William sued, and won, for invasion of privacy. See below:

From The Guardian:

"The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have welcomed a French court verdict that paparazzi photos of Kate topless on holiday were an invasion of the royal couple’s privacy.

Twenty-four hours after the announcement that Kate and Prince William were expecting their third child, the court in Nanterre, west of Paris, awarded them €100,000 (£91,000) in damages and interest to be paid by the celebrity magazine Closer and two photographers.

The magazine’s editor and the CEO of its publisher were each fined a further €45,000 – the maximum allowed. The awards, while high for a French court, are considerably lower than the €1.5m the couple’s legal team had demanded.

After the verdict, royal aides said the couple had suffered an “unjustified intrusion” and were pleased the judge had found in their favour."

Those topless photos of Meghan were taken by herself on her phone to send to Harry on a public beach.

There is no equivalency.

by Anonymousreply 191April 13, 2020 10:39 PM

By the way, the photos of Kate were offered to British papers: they all turned the photos down.

by Anonymousreply 192April 13, 2020 10:41 PM

Megs deliberately took those pics? Of those sad little tits? To ensnare a Prince? With those droopy fried eggs? Is she mad?

by Anonymousreply 193April 13, 2020 11:01 PM

Meghan was setting up the camera in summer 2016 to take a photo of her and her two fat friends on a wall facing the sea, all topless with their backs to the camera. When these photos leaked the fatties deleted them from their social media, which was a good thing, it was gross.

by Anonymousreply 194April 13, 2020 11:10 PM

Fatties

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195April 13, 2020 11:19 PM

Another one in public.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196April 13, 2020 11:26 PM

I think she looks good in that sea wall series. I’m surprised her breasts survived the implant removal.

Her legs are hilariously scrawny, though.

by Anonymousreply 197April 13, 2020 11:41 PM

[quote]Meghan "in talks with Oprah" to do a tell-all interview on her BRF exit - for $1 Million...

That interview certainly cemented her reputation as a nut-case.

by Anonymousreply 198April 14, 2020 12:51 AM

r197 She's definitely a pretty woman. And her facial surgery has been a great success. I'll definitely give her props for that.

by Anonymousreply 199April 14, 2020 12:54 AM

R199 Meghs is not pretty except sometimes when she was not looking hard, scheming. Otherwise she looks increasingly like Wallis, but not yet as ugly.

Where is this LA princely family living? Doria's? Where? Come on DL sleuths; this would have been known on this board by now, if the Caftans were still active as opposed to merely drunk, old, angry, smothered by Joel sitting on their face.

by Anonymousreply 200April 14, 2020 1:36 AM

I wonder how much Charles is giving them? 8 million? Because he was giving them 3 while in the U.K. and when they did not have a mortgage, utility bills, security, travel and a whole lot of other stuff to pay for

by Anonymousreply 201April 14, 2020 2:01 AM

r199 she's definitely prettier now than she was before all of her surgeries

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202April 14, 2020 2:29 AM

Charles is sending them all money he can, which is taxed in the UK and the US, but he has a budget, a rather expensive one to be sure, but a budget which cannot all of the sudden accommodate a gigantic bill for the Markles. They are to going to have to go back the UK and the infrastructure which is there for them; Meghs will always say she was denied her billion dollar career but she couldn't manage it with the pandemic, even without the pandemic....

by Anonymousreply 203April 14, 2020 2:30 AM

Better than before, yes. Attractive? No. She had a brief window where the Suits people made her look better but that was not in the recent past. She relied heavily on Photoshop. She really does resemble Wallis quite a bit these days.

by Anonymousreply 204April 14, 2020 2:33 AM

R199. The latest rumor I heard was that they were staying in a home in Serra Retreat, a mostly old money luxury neighborhood which is up in the hills above Malibu. BTW, Father Serra was the Spanish missionary who set up the missions up and down California. The Retreat is/was a kind of Catholic seminary.

I also heard a very early rumor that they were holed up in a house in Hidden Hills, a gate guarded neighborhood across from Calabasas. HH is where Kim, Kanye, Drake and many other celebrities live because it is highly protected. There are only three ways in/out of the little city.

Amazing that their location hasn’t gotten out. Normally the paps would be all over this, but I guess they are sheltering in place too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205April 14, 2020 2:38 AM

They're definitely not in Serra, r205. My boyfriend's family has a house on Sweetwater there and they say it's not true.

by Anonymousreply 206April 14, 2020 3:37 AM

R206, I tend to agree with you. I know Hidden Hills very well, and it would be relatively easy to live secretly and undisturbed on a large private estate there, yet be minutes from anywhere in L.A. The little city is used to working with high profile people. Will Smith lived on a big compound there for a long time before the neighbors even knew. SUV’s with blacked out windows are so common in HH, that no one would guess who might be in any given car.

by Anonymousreply 207April 14, 2020 5:08 AM

Isn’t it rich/ Should we despair/ Me here at last in the town/ But not Bel Air/ Where are our crowns

Isn’t it bliss/ Oprah approves/ One who keeps merching around/ One hides the proof/ Where are our crowns/ Stuff cash in our crowns

Just when I’d stopped royalty chores/ Finally knowing that what I wanted was to whore/ Making my grievance again with usual fanfare/ Sure of my lies/ No one is there

by Anonymousreply 208April 14, 2020 5:53 AM

R181, maybe they're aware of all that--they seem (or seemed pre coronavirus) to be going for something more Oprah/Goopish: wellness, self-help, do-gooding with a dash of glamour and some side hustles to bring in money.

by Anonymousreply 209April 14, 2020 6:16 AM

The problem for them is noone is interested.

by Anonymousreply 210April 14, 2020 6:22 AM

The other problem is that LA has lost interest in fake do-gooding, as REAL do-gooding needs to be done.

by Anonymousreply 211April 14, 2020 7:57 AM

How much credibility can wealthy people have unless they are making massive donations or actively devoting a large amount of time to working toward solutions, especially in a crisis? You know that Bill gates probably lives very, very well, but he spends his time doing doing philanthropy as well as a huge amount of money. You don't read about him doing lavish conspicuously wasteful things, eg MM's baby shower.

I am not a communist but sometimes I wish the wealth were distributed completely differently, so that the people who really are the most valuable, eg, firefighters, teachers, nurses, doctors (?), police (?), farmers, hauliers, sanitation workers, medical researchers etc got paid the most and those who really contribute the least, eg advertisers, marketers, talentless celebrities got the least.

These latest pics of the Sussexes mega-mansion in Ca while British and American people are queueing up at foodbanks because they have run out of food and money really exposes their hypocrisy.

by Anonymousreply 212April 14, 2020 8:12 AM

They’re reportedly living at Misha Noonoo’s father-in-law’s house, which features a private beach.

by Anonymousreply 213April 14, 2020 8:15 AM

R212 I believe Covid-19 is going to cause a huge backlash against the culture of celebrity that has blown up to the proportions it is now, over the past 20 years.

You can say what you like about old money, aristocracy, big corporations etc, but it is currently celebrities who are held up as the special or elevated people in society. It is these celebrities who are akin to the 1800's French Nobility We know exactly what happened when the French Commoner could no longer stand the notability lording their wealth over them, whilst they suffered and starved.

Covid-19 is causing immeasurable problems for so many people and not just health related. People are worried about their income and obtaining food. Yet the trash celebrities like The Beckhams and the Markles continue to publicise their wealth and privilege. There really is going to be a nasty public retaliation against this style of celebrity. As the first in the door (as it were) I think Harry and Meghan will be therefore be the first to be torn to shreds and deemed non news worthy or inappropriate to publicise.

by Anonymousreply 214April 14, 2020 8:27 AM

The Telegraph reporting that, since Harry now officially lives in Meghan's handbag, he has 'given up hunting'.

The Polo will have to go next. Not always kind to horses. Sorry, Harry!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215April 14, 2020 9:12 AM

Some straight men just loooove being bossed around by a woman.

While I found the photo of Harry holding Barchie adorable, there’s nothing cute about a man being such a goddamn wimp. I guarantee he wouldn’t DARE ask her to stop doing something she liked.

by Anonymousreply 216April 14, 2020 9:52 AM

R216, just imagine The Duke of Hazard asking to stop doing the fame-seeking ...

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

by Anonymousreply 217April 14, 2020 10:52 AM

R202 - Yup - nose slimmed, teeth fixed, hair straightened. That certainly isn't a hanging matter and it's common as dirt in show business, but it does contribute to the aura of inauthenticity that seems to cling to her, as if she were a manufactured product of varied pieces cobbled together to conform to some (rather dull) standard. That remains the real difference between her and Kate: Kate doesn't carry around that "reinvented self" aura: she's just an upgraded version of the Nice Home Counties English Girl. Perhaps that's why Kate's clothes work out better: they're adjusted for the Real Kate. Meghan doesn't know who the real Meghan is, so she throws clothes onto whatever fantasy Meghan got out of bed that day.

by Anonymousreply 218April 14, 2020 1:25 PM

r205/r213 Misha Nonoo's new FIL is John Hess, the head of Hess Oil. They have a compound of homes in Malibu, but not sure where. What do your sources know about the Sussexes staying there?

by Anonymousreply 219April 14, 2020 1:58 PM

Since being a child, everyone (who knew him) said Harry was notoriously bad for being easily led. This is why he would find himself in trouble as a teenager and in his 20's. It was also why he adapted so well to the army. In working class terms, men who suit the army tend to be those who have found themselves in trouble at school or as a teenager because they get in with the wrong set. They are easily led and then ironically respond incredibly well to extreme discipline and pack behaviour. Someone who was incredibly free thinking (or Maverick) would have terrible trouble being in the forces, as they couldn't take that level of control.

Harry is letting Meghan think for him. She will be playing the ultimate controlling spouse and telling her husband why they do not like people, places and things. He is behaving evermore like a lap dog and now simply going along with whatever it is his wife wants.

However, this relationship tends to play out very differently when the male is the passive in the partnership to when the male is the dominant in the partnership. In a heterosexual relationship when a woman is the victim of Coercive Control the man will never let go. Unless the women finds the courage to speak out and can plan an escape, she will be stuck with the man for the rest of her life. The reason being, is the Male Coercive Controller will have instigated the relationship from a point of control. So from the start he holds no respect for the woman and uses control to form the relationship in kind of impressive gestures, eg taking the woman on impromptu trips away or taking control of her personal affairs and seemingly 'rescuing her. If the male cannot take full control in the early days of the relationship, he will not pursue the woman as he will see her as too strong minded. But once a relationship has been formed, the woman has no idea the Coercive Behaviour has ever begun. Therefore, once she see's how terrible the man is, it's too late. He isn't budging as he had everything he wanted from the beginning. The poor woman is then isolated from her friends, her family and with a man who shows his true colours and won't leave her life.

The relationship tends to be the polar opposite with the Female Coercive abuser. They will often set their sights on a man who represents 'a prize' who yields a lot for them. However, the Female Coercive abuser will play the damsel in distress to secure the man. They will let the man think he is making all the decisions, but drip feeding him ideas. Overtime, the Coercive Abuser will start to turn the male victim against his friends and family. Claiming these people have upset her. Eventually, the true persona of the Female Coercive Abuser shows herself. Now she will start to bark orders at the male, treat him like a lap dog and allow him to appease and pacify her. At this point, the Woman Coercive Abuser does the opposite to the Man Coercive Abuser, she has utter distain for the victim. He appears weak and pathetic to her, she has no respect for him and she wants him gone. Where as the Male Coercive Abuser will never want to separate from the victim, the Female Coercive Abuser wants out. She will have procured what she needed from the relationship and it is of no further use. The man is just a pathetic joke. However, the Abused Man cannot bare the idea of life without the Abuser, and will suffer humiliation after humiliation until the woman usually throws him out. Often the Female Abuser will have sex with her lovers in their bed, knowing the husband can hear or use the children against him. She ultimately just wants this pathetic wretch out of her life and gone for good.

In the cases of the Sussex's the move to LA symbolises the last phase of the plan. But whatever house they move into will be a horror house for him in the months to come!

by Anonymousreply 220April 14, 2020 2:05 PM

[quote] Serra Retreat, a mostly old money luxury neighborhood

There's such a thing as 'old money' around there?

Why would John B. Hess let the $u$$exe$ hang out in one of his houses? His son might be pussy-whipped like Harry; but so what, John is not under the thumb of what Misha wants Misha gets.

by Anonymousreply 221April 14, 2020 4:10 PM

R212 I know what you mean, I hope once this pandemic is over that we as a society give more than lip service to scientists as heroes to emulate and celebrate. I have a cousin who is a Ph.D neurobiology researcher with over 20 years experience. He lives in NYC, working on research at a university there. He makes well under $100k annual salary. It’s perverse that celebrities are boo hoo crying about hardship. We shouldn’t be hearing about how the Sussexes right now yet there they are, leaking to media and promoting themselves to be important people at this time. We’re subjected to hearing about their financial concerns and mental health.

Fuck them. They’ve shown themselves to be moronic famewhores. Science will get the world back to working again, not crass celebrity culture that birthed these two narcissists.

by Anonymousreply 222April 14, 2020 4:14 PM

[quote]I hope once this pandemic is over that we as a society give more than lip service to scientists as heroes to emulate and celebrate.

Like you ever gave Michael Cho a second thought

by Anonymousreply 223April 14, 2020 4:38 PM

[quote]I hope once this pandemic is over that we as a society give more than lip service to scientists as heroes to emulate and celebrate.

Like you ever gave Michael Cho a second thought

by Anonymousreply 224April 14, 2020 4:38 PM

[quote] I hope once this pandemic is over that we as a society give more than lip service to scientists as heroes to emulate and celebrate.

Scientists as heros: I like the sound of that!

To emulate and celebrate: sweet!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225April 14, 2020 4:44 PM

Hey moron at R223, there are other cultures who confer respect to scientists and celebrate them as people to emulate. For instance in Japanese pop culture where scientists are featured regularly on national tv. Whenever Japanese scientists win a Nobel prize or come up with new inventions, it’s headline, breaking news over there.

by Anonymousreply 226April 14, 2020 4:48 PM

It’s their hypocrisy that’s really annoying. How can they stay at the estate of an oil baron and still chide others about global warming.

Unfortunately, we don’t have a strong media. What we need is a very vocal journalist calling them out at every turn.

by Anonymousreply 227April 14, 2020 4:51 PM

Troll alert at R225, R233. Poor waste of oxygen probably genuflect in front of Meghan’s photo every morning.

by Anonymousreply 228April 14, 2020 4:53 PM

R208 Bravo!

by Anonymousreply 229April 14, 2020 5:06 PM

[quote] How can they stay at the estate of an oil baron and still chide others about global warming.

Just another of those contradictions. Like Harry hunting and shooting, although I understand Meghan is putting a stop to that (do they ride to hounds in LA?).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230April 14, 2020 5:06 PM

Riverside / San Diego : they have a hunt there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231April 14, 2020 5:09 PM

Thanks R229, the Sussexes are easy targets to skewer so that came rather easily. I also did that little riff of Don’t Cry For Me Los Angeles on another thread. Boredom during lockdown making me do weird things.

by Anonymousreply 232April 14, 2020 5:16 PM

R232 you are very talented! Thanks for the chuckle x

by Anonymousreply 233April 14, 2020 5:37 PM

"The Telegraph reporting that, since Harry now officially lives in Meghan's handbag, he has 'given up hunting'. "

I don't think there are any Hunts in the LA area.

As for Harry taking orders from his wife, well, he's certainly letting her do all the thinking, because IMHO deep in his heart of hearts he thinks that thinking is for other people. He says what he wants, it's up to other people do make it happen, right? Or course right! He wants to live the LA A-list life, it's up to Meg and her people to produce it, and if they don't, there will be hell to pay! So what if there's a bit of a cold going around! Which is a bit of a different thing from being completely pussy-whipped, it's a question of who's making the demands. Well, both, probably.

by Anonymousreply 234April 14, 2020 7:49 PM

She played him like a fiddle.

by Anonymousreply 235April 14, 2020 8:21 PM

I completely agree r214. You've hit the nail on the head. People have been fed up with celebrity culture for some time. Its time for a reset.

by Anonymousreply 236April 14, 2020 10:08 PM

Off with their heads!

by Anonymousreply 237April 14, 2020 10:23 PM

I honestly don't get these "celebrities" wanting to buy these monstrous houses. How on earth could they ever use the entire house? What about all those empty rooms and space? Surely, the electricity used to cool/heat the entire house would result in some pretty hefty bills. And the housekeeping costs? How can marginally famous people afford to keep these homes?

by Anonymousreply 238April 15, 2020 3:38 AM

R238 I totally agree. These will be the same people who live in what are effectively palaces (although they cannot be called that) and then preach to the world about how people are starving, corporations are ruining the world, the peasants should donate to their causes etc. It's like seriously! You are a single person living in a fucking mansion with another space to house literally 250 homeless people and grounds you could safely home another 250 in tents!

by Anonymousreply 239April 15, 2020 9:29 AM

I imagine many of these are just show-off houses for parties and so on. The owners will live in luxurious but not stupidly huge apartments and houses elsewhere most of the time.

by Anonymousreply 240April 15, 2020 11:30 AM

R238, I don’t get it, either. I don’t have to itemize all the expenses of a house. These luxury homes also might have HOA fees, pool and landscaping maintenance.

In my experience, these new-construction homes are shoddily built with cosmetic appeal in mind. Things fall apart and need constant repair.

Sounds like sour grapes, but it’s not.

by Anonymousreply 241April 15, 2020 1:00 PM

I think celebrity culture will make a comeback, but it will take much longer than anyone supposed. I have two friends who are physicians and they both have warned that without sufficient testing in countries and in the US, in individual states, so that carriers, the still vulnerable, and already immunised populations can be tagged, this virus is likely to make a strong comeback in the fall UNLESS they come up with a vaccine in record time. Those places that have not made testing a priority (it should be the second priority after the vaccine) are the most likely to see spikes and continued economic declines. As the moron in the White House doesn't seem to have gotten this memo, the US is likely to find itself facing another outbreak very soon. And, the likely arrival of the vaccine is next year.

For the Sussexes, who jumped to the place least likely to prioritise testing and therefore most likely to see ongoing problems, particularly economic ones, due to the virus, this timing is catastrophic.

They need a thriving celebrity and entertainment culture to succeed at making themselves seem relevant and exciting. Their foundation will be dull as dishwater, a replica of thousands of similar ones doing podcasts, talking feel-good shit, and pumping up their own images, whilst Meghan competes with hot 20 year olds for plum roles in A-list films by directors who are too savvy not to know that she couldn't act her way out of a paper bag.

They really missed an opportunity by leaving Britain and the BRF when they did. Britain is suffering tremendously, right behind the US and Italy, from bad decisions and underestimation of the deadly contagiousness of the virus, and had they stayed, could have been busy cementing themselves in the Hearts of the People helping to promote the health care workers, sending out messages of encouragement, making videos of themselves isolated in the FrogCott, backing up the Queen and Charles . . . Even Eugenie and Sarah and Andrew, never mind Sophie and the Cambridges and the Queen and the Cornwalls, all managed a dignified, compassionate presence to the limited extent possible.

Instead, the Sussex's rushed jump to "freedom" is actually turning out to be more like walking the plank. The Hollywood they were aiming for is gone, probably for at least one if not two years if the virus makes a comeback in the autumn, and that means their moment in the sun was too brief to do much with.

by Anonymousreply 242April 15, 2020 1:01 PM

I don't know about you, but this virus has been a real wake-up call for me. As long as we allow unfettered access from countries where standards of hygiene are non-existent and disease is rampant, a lethal virus could appear at any time. This is the fourth time in 20 years, with SARS, MERS, swine flu and now cv-19. Just as we modified our choices after the terrorist attacks and now weigh up whether a particular event or trip is worth the risk, I will be casting a wary eye on indoor events with large groups of people. I do not need to see a movie in the cinema when I can see it from the comfort and safety of my own home, on a large screen.

by Anonymousreply 243April 15, 2020 2:18 PM

"The Hollywood they were aiming for is gone"

Over the next year or two, Hollywood is going to have to forget about partying and re-invent itself as fast as it can. Careers are going to crash or ignite, formats are going to vanish and new ones will be invented, and LA's professional and social structures will upend themselves. People who were hot shit when Megexit happened will be nothing next year, and nobody knows who the next hot-shit people will be, so nobody knows who to suck up to.

Meg and Harry's timing is so monumentally, pathetically bad! If they'd stayed another year, they would have made the people of the commonwealth love them forever, and wish them a fond goodbye when they finally departed.

by Anonymousreply 244April 15, 2020 3:47 PM

If Meghan and Harry had stayed another year, they probably would never have left at all. They could have generated a lot of goodwill with the people if they'd thrown themselves into helping with COVID-19, and that might in turn have improved the opinions of the BRF and perhaps garnered them some more perks--jewelry, property, etc. Meghan would have seen the writing on the wall with Hollywood and realized that she was better off where she was; Harry would have had the adoration that's clearly necessary to his ego.

Yes, they really should have taken the year or two to withdraw that the Palace advisors suggested they take. Their entire future would have been different.

by Anonymousreply 245April 15, 2020 4:22 PM

I don't know. They were already getting pretty bad press before the official announcement. Had they stayed without a massive behavioral change I don't think things would be any better. Meghan burned her bridges with the British public very early on. There really wasn't any coming back for her.

by Anonymousreply 246April 15, 2020 5:08 PM

Meghan had no intention of staying with the BRF. I’m just surprised she bolted as quickly as she did.

by Anonymousreply 247April 15, 2020 5:39 PM

R246 There really isn't any coming back for Meghan and Harry with anyone these days. Her dreams of Hollywood stardom are evaporating amidst the meltdown. Their dreams of financial independence in the face of the pandemic are now laughable. Their skills are negligible and their actions over the past year or two - and the horrendous publicity it has garnered them - have been net negatives to their reputations. They have a case against the Daily Mail coming up which win or lose will tarnish them further. Their defenders appear to consist of paid PR shills and their dozen or so crazed stans online. Their celebrity "friends" have abandoned them. They have essentially turned their own families (not to mention the public) against them by their entitled behavior. So much winning!

No jobs. No skills. No goodwill. No purpose. No support. No earned income. No home. No relevance. No demonstrable savvy or understanding how they're created their own disaster. No taxpayer-funded security. No eligibility for any stimulus plan other than that offered by Prince Charles. And richly deserved scorn for their hypocrisy - "private jets for me but not for thee" - and their tone-deaf attempts at relevancy like advocating that others - not them - take up online mental health counseling training in a few short hours.

I wouldn't want to be them. I'm guessing they don't want to be them either these days, but they burned those bridges behind them and now look where they've ended up.

by Anonymousreply 248April 15, 2020 5:49 PM

“What Meghan wants, Meghan gets.”

by Anonymousreply 249April 15, 2020 9:21 PM

It's only a matter of time before Meghan is playing Roxie Hart in Chicago. I hear Big Bird from Sesame Street hasn't been able to master standing on the ladder to sing 'Funny Honey' so once theatres re-open they'll be looking for a new name to play Roxie.

by Anonymousreply 250April 15, 2020 9:45 PM

She'd actually be an interesting take on Sally Bowles in Cabaret.

by Anonymousreply 251April 15, 2020 9:52 PM

Those two particular personalities couldn’t have stayed in London another year, to go along and get along. Not when she had a grab-and-dash mentality from the very beginning.

by Anonymousreply 252April 15, 2020 10:02 PM

There wasn't a single dish left unbroken in whatever mansion they are mooch... uh, "borrowing" after this cover was revealed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253April 15, 2020 10:04 PM

The only acting Meghan is going to see is hawking tubs for old people on the mesothelioma channel.

by Anonymousreply 254April 15, 2020 10:05 PM

[quote]She'd actually be an interesting take on Sally Bowles in Cabaret.

She's too old to play Sally Bowles.

by Anonymousreply 255April 16, 2020 1:13 AM

So, all those rumours about Meghan and Archie appearing on the May covers of VOGUE, Vanity Fair, Bazaar, etc., were, er . . . just rumours?

Who did the cover photo of Anne, which is, obviously, from the late 1970s, around the time she got engaged to Mark Phillips. Snowden did some breathtaking ones of her around that time, but so did someone else, only I can't remember who.

by Anonymousreply 256April 16, 2020 12:49 PM

R248 - I wouldn't bet on that. If, when the world opens up again, their "plans" start to look like materialising again: money coming in from documentary narratives, talk shows, Meghan undertaking a book filled with pious, self-regarding word salad - My Journey to Empowerment and Self-Realisation -, Harry taking his Oh How I Miss Mum sob story on the road again, someone offering them a Hollywood home at a bargain price . . . they'll stay put in the New World.

But if it becomes clear that it's not all going to play out the way they (which is to say, Meghan) assured themselves it would, i.e., if the public has lost interest, if the money isn't pouring in, if their influential "friends" start to bail . . . don't be surprised if Harry starts to give interviews about how as wonderful as America is, he misses his home and his family, how much he wants his son to be part of all that (something they clearly weren't worried about when Meghan left the kid in Canada and she began leaking stories about how chaotic and awful Britain was, how "soul crushing" the royal environment was, and how "uptight" said family that Harry now misses is).

Frankly, I think a return is possible, but it would take a great deal of image-mending, particularly for Meghan, who remains profoundly disliked by the UK public (she ranks about 8th now on YouGov, even behind Prince Philip whom no one has seen for years). It would take time and carefully calibrated stories that stealthily lower the flag of "Free at last!" and hoist in its place the banner of "Home at Last!"

And even if they returned, they'd be under severe constraints about behaviour and Meghan, particularly, would have to begin all over again to prove to the UK taxpayers that she's worth supporting. Then there's the little issue of how the Cambridges, Wessexes, Camilla, and the Yorks feel about Meghan: they hate her, she knows it, and she hates them, too. Whilst the Queen and Charles live, the Sussexes have a barrier between them and the family's anger and dislike. But sooner or later, with William's influence rising, and his eventual takeover of the Duchy of Cornwall - it won't be pleasant for them.

I'm not even sure they'd return as working royals. And if they didn't, they really would have to repay the public for the work on the FrogCott, or Charles would, but they'd probably be forgiven the astronomical market rent.

So what with one thing and another, I agree it's unlikely.

But it's possible. Everything depends on whether, when the impact of the virus finally lifts and the entertainment industry fires up again, they see light at the end of the tunnel. If that happens, they'll never return.

Remember, Meghan Markle is first and foremost a cold-blooded opportunist. She may hate them and know that they hate her, but if her plans fall apart and she can get and go back to living expensively on other people's money - she'll do it. She can always play the Archie card, connecting him to his blood family, the royal tradition, restoring Harry to his much missed roots, blah blah blah.

Put nothing past her - absolutely nothing.

by Anonymousreply 257April 16, 2020 1:09 PM

Or she could find her feet in LA and split up with Harry, who high-tails it back to the UK. Are we always doomed to be reading about this woman in the news?

by Anonymousreply 258April 16, 2020 1:13 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259April 16, 2020 1:56 PM

He looks terrible.

by Anonymousreply 260April 16, 2020 2:41 PM

Imagine how Meghan looks without people to attend to her hair and hairpieces.

by Anonymousreply 261April 16, 2020 2:44 PM

What exactly is her hair? Extensions? A wig? A weave, which I guess is like a wig sewn on to your own hair? Or her own hair straightened to within an inch of its' life?

by Anonymousreply 262April 16, 2020 2:49 PM

R262 It’s a combination of all those things you’d listed. She needs help from whoever does Beyoncé’s hair.

by Anonymousreply 263April 16, 2020 2:51 PM

Thanks, R259, for this...

[quote] the royal dullard

Hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 264April 16, 2020 3:47 PM

Why did they release a video of him chatting with people?

by Anonymousreply 265April 16, 2020 4:10 PM

Drugs

by Anonymousreply 266April 16, 2020 4:18 PM

r260

He's a red haired. Look at how awful, Ron Howard looks.

by Anonymousreply 267April 16, 2020 4:21 PM

All I got from that video was a patronizing "you guys" on repeat.

by Anonymousreply 268April 16, 2020 4:27 PM

It's Broadway time

Some enchanted evening, you may see a grifter/ You may see a grifter across a Soho room/ And somehow you know, you know even then/ That somehow you'll see her MeGain and MeGain

Some enchanted evening, someone may be faking/ You may see the faker across a Soho room/ And high as a kite, strange as it seems/ The thought of her faking will ping in your dreams

Who can contain it, not late Princess Di/ Fools give you reasons, Will said never try

Some enchanted evening, when you find your grift love/ When you walk behind her around in Malibu/ Then fly to her side and make like disowned/ Or all through your life you may scheme all alone

by Anonymousreply 269April 16, 2020 4:53 PM

Here's my 2¢. The corona virus has thwarted their Big Plans. So Meghan will be hired at some existing non-profit. Some struggling cause that needs publicity badly. Not a cushy board position but as a fundraiser, marketing director, outreach person, something that involves actually going to an office (but not everyday and not 9-5). She'll have an assistant doing most of the work of course. This will be something already set up, she just steps right in and is photographed "arriving to work in the morning with a Starbucks cup in one hand and a briefcase in the other".

The pay will be non-existent as most non-profits are but it doesnt matter as long as Charles is funding their lifestyle and he will be prevailed to do it because they "lost" a year due to CV. The job will be temporary until she figures out a way to spin it off into her own vision but in the meantime, she looks like she is gainfully and productively employed while the grifting gossip dies down. People have short memories, the world moves on.

Harry will be the house-husband, raising Archie and "never happier".

by Anonymousreply 270April 16, 2020 6:19 PM

She isn't getting squat. Way too controversial and people just aren't interested in her except for the train wreck aspect.

by Anonymousreply 271April 16, 2020 7:00 PM

R269 - This is the really brilliant bit: "That somehow you'll see her MeGain and MeGain"

Bravo.

by Anonymousreply 272April 16, 2020 8:58 PM

I've seen many black women with hair straightened within an inch of their lives. The hair may be straight but it still retains it's natural texture. How does MM make her hair completely change texture? We have seen photos and videos of her with her natural hair.

by Anonymousreply 273April 16, 2020 9:00 PM

She probably wears a lot of fake hair.

by Anonymousreply 274April 16, 2020 10:00 PM

BRAVO, r269, BRAVO!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 275April 16, 2020 10:55 PM

She has such a disingenuous, punchable face.

It turns everyone off at this point.

by Anonymousreply 276April 16, 2020 11:34 PM

Would they be more popular if they'd dropped the pretense of "doing good" and admitted they came to LA to enjoy life?

Or would they have been more popular if they'd done that, in a plague-free world? Because yeah, nobody has any patience with people who just want to have a good time right now, but nobody has any patience with fake, useless, self-absorbed idiots who front their personal greed with a fake charity.

by Anonymousreply 277April 17, 2020 12:38 AM

People would have had patience with them, if they had just done what they would supposed to do. Be Royals, do royal visits, live in a palace have a nice life etc. Meghan's role here was to marry Harry and allow him to step back and away from central Royal Life. Had Harry remained single, he would have been an extension of The Queen, Charles and William's 'monarch' Royal Lives, But the moment he married (no matter who it was to), it would have been known his purpose was to be relegated to a titled member of the extended Royal Family, just the same as Anne, Andrew and Edward. Instead, he clearly seemed to believe he should be receiving the same degree of exposure and Royal clout as his brother who is the future King. Meghan then trying to act like she is herself next in line to the throne was the straw that broke the camels back.

We didn't need to hear about their woke, virtuous plans to fix the world. Their purpose was to follow in the immortal words of the Queen Mother "Put up and shut up".

There is literally nothing they will be able to do now. They are no longer members of 'The Firm' and attempts to turn themselves into trash celebrities for profit will fail for one simple reason. They are dull!

by Anonymousreply 278April 17, 2020 1:04 AM

Copious amounts of ...., silly!

by Anonymousreply 279April 17, 2020 2:18 AM

R278 is spot on. There was never any chance for them to be "popular" or "stars". That's not how it works. Meghan didn't do her research.

by Anonymousreply 280April 17, 2020 2:23 AM

R280 She did no research and her arrogance is shocking. What she did was like a gentile marrying into an orthodox Jewish family and saying they intended to modernise the faith by serving bacon sandwiches at the Temple socials. She did not bother to learn anything of not only royal culture but British culture. She treated the Royal institution with contempt and like everything in her life, used it as a stepping stone to things that enticed her more.

This woman doesn't realise when you marry a member of the Royal Family, that's the destination. There's nothing beyond that rainbow. That's it! Done! She can believe she's going to become a business woman, an A List actress or the world's most woke philanthropist. But for the rest of her life, she will be nothing more than a married into member of the royal family. Hollywood stars can marry whoever they want and move on. But when someone marries a member of the British Royal Family they are owned by that family for the rest of their lives. They can divorce the royal, but 'The Firm' won't be divorcing them. That's her biggest nativity. Thinking she owns her own life.

by Anonymousreply 281April 17, 2020 2:51 AM

From the New Yorker piece:

"In a televised interview that he and Markle gave in 2017, upon their engagement, Harry expressed gratitude for having found not just a wife but “another team player.” He added, with a nervous laugh, “The fact that I know she’ll be really, unbelievably good at the job part of it as well is, obviously, a huge relief to me.”

He IS dumb.

by Anonymousreply 282April 17, 2020 6:59 AM

Mama Meghan!

The new Bravo reality show featuring the two Meghan's, Markle and McCain. They'll talk mommying, money and megastardom. Featuring cameos from "Just Harry" and the ghost of late Senator John McCain.

by Anonymousreply 283April 17, 2020 2:18 PM

R282 "He added, with a nervous laugh, 'The fact that I know she’ll be really, unbelievably good at the job part of it as well is, obviously, a huge relief to me.'”

He was being worse than dumb if the increasing suspicion that they had already cooked up the exit scheme before the engagement was announced, he was being dishonest. Small wonder the "nervous laugh".

by Anonymousreply 284April 17, 2020 2:30 PM

Many things bother me about Meghan Markle, but none so much as her pencil dick legs. Does she have some kind of lower leg muscle wastage syndrome? They are just so incredibly unattractive and offensive to look at.

by Anonymousreply 285April 17, 2020 2:35 PM

R285 for me it's the disappointing tits.

by Anonymousreply 286April 17, 2020 2:37 PM

For me it's the fried-looking Pochahontas hair and the Spongebob Squarepants body.

And lately, the shark-like teeth.

by Anonymousreply 287April 17, 2020 3:46 PM

What is going on: I cannot post a link to their new food parcel delivery endeavors?

by Anonymousreply 288April 17, 2020 6:14 PM

Prince Harry, Meghan caught on camera delivering free meals in Los Angeles

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289April 17, 2020 6:17 PM

What a couple of idiots. Delivering free food in pricey West Hollywood? Why did they leave out the hungry of Malibu and Beverly Hills? How about going Into poor neighborhoods that REALLY need the help? How about not wasting an entire day of time of critical-need charity employees to “ask a lot of questions”? Jesus.... Does anybody really fall for this? Talk about self-important.

Meanwhile, William and the rest of the BRF really did kick in to help. Wills was flying a helicopter carrying COVID patients to the hospital.

Unbelievable. They can’t do ANYTHING right..

by Anonymousreply 290April 17, 2020 6:31 PM

Hal is doing his bit in the UK: Prince Harry Speaks With Parents of Ill Children During COVID-19 Pandemic (link).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291April 17, 2020 6:37 PM

Why would anyone want to speak to Hazza during a crisis?

by Anonymousreply 292April 17, 2020 6:43 PM

They were paid R292.

by Anonymousreply 293April 17, 2020 6:48 PM

Explain the British trend of changing names to something-zzz.

Like Harry to Hazza. What is that about?

by Anonymousreply 294April 17, 2020 6:58 PM

It only really works if the third letter of your name is an 's', R294.

by Anonymousreply 295April 17, 2020 7:01 PM

Deputy PM Michael Heseltine was called Hezza by the tabloids. Soccer star Paul Gascoigne was called Gazza.

by Anonymousreply 296April 17, 2020 7:03 PM

"Internet Sleuths Are Trying to Find Prince Harry"

Where are they?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297April 17, 2020 7:04 PM

Well, where are they?

by Anonymousreply 298April 17, 2020 7:22 PM

Maybe it’s an office.

by Anonymousreply 299April 17, 2020 7:22 PM

Is Meg taking Harry's clippers to her minge during lock down?

by Anonymousreply 300April 17, 2020 7:32 PM

Who’ll take the lady with the skinny legs?

by Anonymousreply 301April 17, 2020 10:58 PM

That’s Joe Tex...^^^

by Anonymousreply 302April 17, 2020 10:58 PM

They're living in their rented Porsche SUV even though it is unlawful. Harry will be deported shortly at this rate. BTW have you noticed his moobs and gut?

by Anonymousreply 303April 18, 2020 12:44 AM

Harry is probably eating non-stop to calm his anxiety.

Does the KFC in Malibu deliver?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304April 18, 2020 2:32 AM

They're just so trashy.

by Anonymousreply 305April 18, 2020 2:52 AM

Just saw a commercial that she's doing an interview on Good Morning America next week to promote the elephant documentary that she narrated. GMA is on ABC, which is owned by Disney.

by Anonymousreply 306April 18, 2020 3:07 AM

Are you serious r306? To promote a freaking documentary voice over?? How gauche.

by Anonymousreply 307April 18, 2020 12:10 PM

I hope they book Samantha Markle on the same day!

by Anonymousreply 308April 18, 2020 12:16 PM

"Meghan Markle is giving back! The Duchess of Sussex spoke out on a video call with Grenfell Tower survivors, that are a part of the Hubb Community Kitchen, who have started a campaign to feed people in need during the coronavirus in London. She and her husband Prince Harry have also been giving back in Los Angeles as well."

Both she and Harry are still managing to attract attention to themselves.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309April 18, 2020 3:56 PM

"He went on to explain that: ‘They are going to be hunted every single day, at least for the first few months. They’re not going to be able to go out without being photographed.’"

It sounds ghastly. We should feel sorry for them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310April 18, 2020 4:54 PM

[quote]It sounds ghastly. We should feel sorry for them.

bwhahahahahahahahahah!

They are begging for this attention. BEGGING!

by Anonymousreply 311April 18, 2020 4:59 PM

"The Sussexes are part of a select few celebrities, like Leonardo DiCaprio and Beyoncé, who command a premium for photographs as a result of their global appeal."

Yes...appeal...

by Anonymousreply 312April 18, 2020 4:59 PM

They can't escape attention, even hiding away in the remote and little visited Los Angeles!

by Anonymousreply 313April 18, 2020 5:00 PM

It is amazing that their whereabouts remain a secret.

by Anonymousreply 314April 18, 2020 5:01 PM

"They can't escape needing attention and shamelessly finding ways to get it, even hiding away in the remote and little visited Los Angeles!"

Fixed that for 'ya, R313

by Anonymousreply 315April 18, 2020 5:04 PM

And they were papped out wearing worthless loose masks, but NOT gloves, because they're idiots.

They really ought to do their best to vanish from the media for a few months or at least a few weeks, and give all the haters and jokers time to forget about the trainwreck and find new targets. But it seems they can't bear the thought, so here they're starting up with the pap walks and publicity stunts.

by Anonymousreply 316April 18, 2020 9:40 PM

R315 - I do believe R313 was being ironic . . .

Cue the CB fraus talking excitedly about how Meghan and Harry are finally coming into their own and making good in L.A. as humanitarian powerhouses and putting those dull lazy locked down Cambridges to shame . . .

whilst ignoring the Jeff Rayner angle and his history with Meghan, how nakedly staged it all was after their bawling about the paps and Harry sobbing about how he can't hear cameras clicking without thinking of his dead mother, how awful she looked in the stretch white trousers, how bad her hair looked out the back of the cap, and the mysterious coincidence of her pal from SoHo House being on the Board of Project Angel Food and its odd little reversal about its volunteer program . . .

Can't wait.

by Anonymousreply 317April 18, 2020 11:56 PM

This is becoming complicated R317.

by Anonymousreply 318April 19, 2020 12:06 AM

This is becoming crazy (see link).

"Harry, 35, and Meghan, 38, arrived in LA last month and quickly sought out Sir Elton and David — parents to Zachary, nine, and Elijah, seven. George and Amal Clooney are also said to have helped the Sussexes settle in — with advice ranging from security to schooling."

Schooling for whom, Harry?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319April 19, 2020 12:22 AM

We just want PRIVACY. Harry, go give another speech about missing your mum

by Anonymousreply 320April 19, 2020 12:31 AM

Why are Sir Elton and Lady John looking after this crew?

by Anonymousreply 321April 19, 2020 12:40 AM

I suppose it will be Sir George and Lady Clooney next.

by Anonymousreply 322April 19, 2020 12:41 AM

I’d like to know how many meals they served to “the poor” of West Hollywood (ha!) versus the time they took up at the charity headquarters “asking lots of questions”. Fuck, we are in the middle of a pandemic and these two clowns are out educating themselves? Fuck them both.

This virus is bad enough, but the thought of seeing these two clowns continually on U.S. TV for the foreseeable future is even more depressing to me.

Thanks a lot, England. Fuck!

by Anonymousreply 323April 19, 2020 12:53 AM

R323 is posting this one on more than one thread. Beware of a Soviet troll.

by Anonymousreply 324April 19, 2020 1:01 AM

R323, I’m neither a Soviet or a troll, or a Soviet troll. My comment at R323 is my opinion, as you are entitled to yours.

Incidentally, please tell me what in my post above is not the absolute truth? I’ll be waiting to hear.

I’d bet my bottom dollar that it’s you who are the troll... probably one of Markle’s numerous flcks or perhaps her PR firm, Sunshine Sachs?

by Anonymousreply 325April 19, 2020 1:08 AM

Meant flacks.

by Anonymousreply 326April 19, 2020 1:09 AM

R324 = Paid Meghan Defender

by Anonymousreply 327April 19, 2020 1:11 AM

R325 and R327 = Paid Meghan Defenders

by Anonymousreply 328April 19, 2020 1:22 AM

R325 is a Meghan defender?

by Anonymousreply 329April 19, 2020 1:33 AM

r328 is a Meghan defender attempting to use the Megstans favourite tactics: Deflection. And in this case, Projection.

Clearly r325 and r327 are not "Meghan defenders" as the true Meghan defender is claiming.

Sunshine Sachs better be paying top dollar because these bitches are working HARD.

by Anonymousreply 330April 19, 2020 1:37 AM

Amazingly, you are mostly Meghan defenders. DL would have known better when you were ...

by Anonymousreply 331April 19, 2020 1:38 AM

Many thanks for defending me, R330. I’ve never been called a Soviet Troll before, especially for a comment that is 100% true.

by Anonymousreply 332April 19, 2020 1:40 AM

There are about 3 Meghan defenders on this entire site, r331. The only one who is not paid is Della, who used to be worthwhile but who seems to have gone a bit off the rails on this particular subject.

by Anonymousreply 333April 19, 2020 1:41 AM

You are Soviets, those who pretend not to be. Soviets who troll.

by Anonymousreply 334April 19, 2020 1:41 AM

Sheesh

by Anonymousreply 335April 19, 2020 1:43 AM

Hold up let me get this straight, Meghan is supposedly getting advice on settling in from the Clooneys, Oprah, and Elton. But isn't Meghan from LA and she's always going on about how she'll always be a LA girl (gag). But then she is now so helpless and clueless that she needs help to settle in from Hollywood stars? Wut?! Why not take advice from normal LA people, why not her mom, why does it always have to be celebrities? These celebrities never even knew her prior to being invited to the wedding! What the actual fuck?

by Anonymousreply 336April 19, 2020 1:51 AM

R336, and how do we know those celebrities actually said any of this? Meghan probably called them when she got to town and they were just being polite, I’d do the same thing if an acquaintance I barely knew called me. I’d say, “Sure, call me if I can help you move in.” Then I’d ghost them ASAP.

by Anonymousreply 337April 19, 2020 2:19 AM

We’ve been led to believe that Aitch and Megh’s PR firm is Sunshine Sachs. But, personally, I think they’ve signed on with The Acme Public Relations Co. — you know, Wile E. Coyote’s PR flacks. Acme is also known for rockets that explode in your face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338April 19, 2020 2:35 AM

"Why are Sir Elton and Lady John looking after this crew? "

I betcha Sir Elton doesn't get too close to this crew, not if he wants to be Lord Elton some day.

by Anonymousreply 339April 19, 2020 2:57 AM

[quote]Hold up let me get this straight, Meghan is supposedly getting advice on settling in from the Clooneys, Oprah, and Elton. But isn't Meghan from LA and she's always going on about how she'll always be a LA girl (gag).

She's getting advice from these morons on how to be 'fabulous', i.e. which service companies are derigeur in the 'rarified circle' she now believes herself to be is now inhabiting. To be accepted in to the platinum A-list crowd she is grovelling for, she has to be seen to have all the right staff, make applications now for Merchie to get in to the 'right' day-care, and get endorsements from other A-listers to get invited to all the right parties. She's hustling everybody and is bold enough to stridently remind them all that she is now on their level.

by Anonymousreply 340April 19, 2020 2:57 AM

Why of course R340 I didn't think of that. Of course one does need to hire the right caterers who'll make the right type of organic and locally-sourced foods to be served by the right type of attractive servers so as to not ruin the right type of parties attended by the right type of A-listers. The horrors of Archie going to the wrong type of schools for LA plebs with the wrong types of classmates whose parents aren't even B-listers. Oh the horror....the horror....

by Anonymousreply 341April 19, 2020 3:06 AM

But she's not on their level! Not even close! R312 that's not even remotely true. Lolol.

by Anonymousreply 342April 19, 2020 4:24 AM

Excuse me, R342! Archie and Harry have royal blood. We'll always be royal.

We are a lot more A list than Reg Dwight.

by Anonymousreply 343April 19, 2020 8:17 AM

[quote] She's hustling everybody and is bold enough to stridently remind them all that she is now on their level.

In her dreams. She is not on their level. She has neither the talent nor the money.

If she is trying to establish a platinum A-list lifestyle so at to be better placed for the inevitable divorce settlement, than that would make sense.

by Anonymousreply 344April 19, 2020 2:14 PM

[Quote] "He went on to explain that: ‘They are going to be hunted every single day, at least for the first few months. They’re not going to be able to go out without being photographed.’"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345April 19, 2020 3:13 PM

This would make such an outstanding Robert Altman or Blake Edwards style satire of Hollywood.

You can imagine the conversations Meghan is having with her team:-

" I have the list for the kindergartens that have the best kids (this one has the children of 6 academy award winners, however this kindergarten has 12 children whose parents are senior executives at major studios). Charity wise, you want AIDS, it was Diana's charity and there is no way Elton is going to give it up, in fact he's got more AIDS now as he got Liz's share after she died. My advice is, get in more with Elton and he might chuck you a bone. Oh and with regards to your Mental Health causes. The following are where you want to be, Depression, Anxiety and Negative self image. But steer clear of any of the Mental Illnesses that when portrayed on film win Oscars, so; Schizophrenia, self harming, multiple personality disorders. You're going to have to sit in a rehab centres holding hands with these people in front of a camera, so we don't want the psycho mental health types. Now, I have pencilled in several A list house warming parties, social distancing permitting. However, come fall we are going to need some kind of major crisis for you. Obviously, we have a whole slew of eastern European women lined up to be your next surrogate, but we've talked about this and we think you need to announce you've had a miscarriage. Stefan has created these famous artist impressions of the photoshoots we will stage after we have announced you have had the "miscarriage". Look see, private walk caught on camera, scrapped back hair, strained face. The public will love you. But our research has shown, if a superstar doesn't have a tragedy within at least the first 2 years, the public lose interest. After our initial brainstorming last week, we did take your idea for this tragedy on board, but we feel a miscarriage will probably gain more sympathy from the public and media than your idea about announcing you are suffering from split ends"

Whilst all this is going on, Harry just sits in the same room on his PS4 oblivious to everything.

by Anonymousreply 346April 19, 2020 7:17 PM

Oh my dear god in heaven, r346

BRAVO, BRAVO, BRAVO!

by Anonymousreply 347April 19, 2020 7:22 PM

R346 may be quite right but I don't see much $$$ in it all. They could have had all that in the UK with the BRF.

by Anonymousreply 348April 19, 2020 8:19 PM

R348 There will literally be no money it it for them. They have gone to live in one of the most expensive societies in the world, outside of royalty. Hollywood elite society. However, when you are a royal everything is paid for you. When you are in that Hollywood circle, you have to find the money.

Meghan only saw being Royal as a fast track to A List celebrity. She will have some misguided idea as to how she is going to make hundreds of millions and it won't include Harry.

by Anonymousreply 349April 19, 2020 8:34 PM

What a fiasco.

by Anonymousreply 350April 19, 2020 8:41 PM

They'll be out again tomorrow with their masks on delivering food to the desperate and needy in West Hollywood!

by Anonymousreply 351April 19, 2020 8:46 PM

This means all out war.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352April 20, 2020 12:36 AM

What a stupid move. They can't stop those papers from reporting on them. And it's just gonna piss those reporters off so the gloves will come off. How much you wanna bet we can expect some bombshells to get dropped just so those papers can show them who is in charge?

by Anonymousreply 353April 20, 2020 12:48 AM

But they'll ask ITV to cover them when it suits them? Even when it blows up in their faces?

Hmmm...

by Anonymousreply 354April 20, 2020 12:50 AM

To whom will she leak her nasty stories about William and Kate?

by Anonymousreply 355April 20, 2020 12:52 AM

HOLY SHIT, r352!

by Anonymousreply 356April 20, 2020 12:54 AM

Could this be Harry’s way of stopping Megan leaking to the tabloids all the time?

by Anonymousreply 357April 20, 2020 12:55 AM

haha, Me-again thinks she can "stop the presses!"

It's on.

by Anonymousreply 358April 20, 2020 12:58 AM

R357 he’s made it abundantly clear he isn’t that smart

by Anonymousreply 359April 20, 2020 12:58 AM

They picked a fight they can't win but it's gonna be fun to watch them try.

by Anonymousreply 360April 20, 2020 1:00 AM

Hm.. ex-royals pick huge fight with tabloids while on the verge of needing publicity for their new hustles.

Sure, great timing as usual, Harkles.

by Anonymousreply 361April 20, 2020 1:02 AM

This is over the top entertainment!

How will the Mail respond??

by Anonymousreply 362April 20, 2020 1:04 AM

[quote] The first hearing for the Mail on Sunday suit starts this Thursday

Friday, I believe, remotely by Zoom or Teams. That's Meghs vs The Fail.

Hals has at least two privacy cases against other papers.

This is why Google.News reporting on their royal heinies comes under the 'Entertainment' section.

by Anonymousreply 363April 20, 2020 1:07 AM

They are so full of shit.

They’re sponsored by taxpayers, want their “causes to be highlighted,” but hands off reporting on them.

Who the fuck do they think they are?

by Anonymousreply 364April 20, 2020 1:08 AM

Remember when they wrote up that manifesto with all of those lofty ideas, telling the queen how things were gonna be? Remember how they didn't get anything they wanted?

This is gonna be like that. Only worse. Much worse.

by Anonymousreply 365April 20, 2020 1:15 AM

Whose doing is this, H or M?

Why would they send these bombastic letters - couldn’t they just not respond to these journalists?

This seems insane.

by Anonymousreply 366April 20, 2020 1:20 AM

OMG what manifesto R365? It's all a blur, so much water has rushed under the bridge in the deluge ...

Taking on the Queen is one thing: she is Hal's grandma and loves him; she is also a person who knows self-restraint.

He ain't gonna get any love or self-restraint from the tabs. Fuck this is going to be gruesome.

Harry, go home before it's too late. Take yourself and Meghs and Archewell to a monastic retreat, for six months at least.

by Anonymousreply 367April 20, 2020 1:21 AM

Maybe Sunshine Sachs had a hand in it, given that they completely bungled every strategy w the UK press.

by Anonymousreply 368April 20, 2020 1:22 AM

Because r366, as we have noted many times here on this site, the couple - the Duchess in particular - CANNOT ever be seen as not having the last word, ever. On anything, with anybody, including TQ herself.

It is this awful and self-destructive tendency of theirs - not their immaturity, or self-absorption, or desire to merchandise themselves - that will be their undoing, in the end.

by Anonymousreply 369April 20, 2020 1:23 AM

Meghan is the ringleader, for sure. Harry approves of all of it. One of the royal reporters said that Harry obsessed over his coverage and that he'd read all of the comments on the DM. So he's aware of everything being said about him and you know he hates it. He's completely on board but I don't think he's smart enough or brave enough to pull this shit without her instigating it.

by Anonymousreply 370April 20, 2020 1:23 AM

The other royals are not going to be pleased with this antagonistic shit.

by Anonymousreply 371April 20, 2020 1:23 AM

R367 The manifesto they (Meghan) wrote and posted on their website to announce they were stepping back as senior royals.

by Anonymousreply 372April 20, 2020 1:25 AM

The Mail will bury them, and Piers Morgan is in morning television 4 days a week?

Why are the UK tabloids so present in their mind?

by Anonymousreply 373April 20, 2020 1:26 AM

[quote] Why would they send these bombastic letters

The bombastic letters come in context of the Duchess v the Fail, the Duke v the Scum and the Duke v the Mirror.

From the linked article: "Harry’s separate legal claims against the parent companies of both the Sun and the Mirror for alleged historical phone hacking cases are also ongoing."

Who's paying their fucking legal fees which must be going through the roof (in the UK, they charge 20% VAT on legal fees, to help pay for the welfare state so at least the royal couple are helping with the pandemic, assuming they're paying their legal team)? If they lose or discontinue a claim they may have to pay the opponents' legal fees and VAT, ie £ms.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374April 20, 2020 1:26 AM

From the manifesto, published in the Guardian at the link above:

[quote]In the letter Harry and Meghan tell the editors that they believe a free press is a cornerstone to any democracy that can “shine light on dark places, telling stories that would otherwise go untold, standing up for what’s right, challenging power, and holding those who abuse the system to account”.

Oh the utter irony! "holding those who abuse the system to account" - ! do they not see themselves as some of the main abusers of this system? Can you spell "deusional" omg.

[quote]“There is a real human cost to this way of doing business and it affects every corner of society."

Umm, not it doesn't. It tends to mainly affect the very rich, famous, and louche segments of society, who can't keep their heads down and out of the critical eye of public ridicule.

by Anonymousreply 375April 20, 2020 1:27 AM

"deusional" should read "delusional" in r375 above.

by Anonymousreply 376April 20, 2020 1:28 AM

[quote] Why are the UK tabloids so present in their mind?

The tabloids have huge circulations as national papers.

Ok R376/R375 you're forgiven.

by Anonymousreply 377April 20, 2020 1:30 AM

You know these two are the biggest assholes out there when people are taking the side of the sleazy tabloids over them.

by Anonymousreply 378April 20, 2020 1:30 AM

So true r378.

From ITV's Chris Ship:

[quote]They will still cooperate with UK broadcasters, like ITV and the BBC, as well as the other major newspaper titles - the Telegraph, Times, Guardian and Financial Times.

And how long before THOSE publications piss off their royal spoiled whiners, and they send up a follow-on announcement denouncing those outlets? Like, a month?

This is just so unreal, the delusional thinking, the isolated bubble-speak. Is there anyone around them with a whiff of sense, who can save these two from themselves?

by Anonymousreply 379April 20, 2020 1:34 AM

[quote] Is there anyone around them with a whiff of sense, who can save these two from themselves?

The MadMen at Sunshine Sucks don't seem to be helping.

by Anonymousreply 380April 20, 2020 1:47 AM

Breaking News - February 10, 2021........

Today the Duke and Duchess of Malibu sent a scathing broadside to three American publications, The 'Bu Weekly, Farmer's Market Times and Yoga Moms Together. In the furious letter, the Duke and Duchess railed against the unfairness of mentioning them in their publications without first making the pilgrimage to their royal abode and paying homage. That's PAYING homage, cheapskates. We await further developments on this important non-story.

by Anonymousreply 381April 20, 2020 1:50 AM

Reminds a bit of Trump. He loves publicity until the press says something he doesn’t like. Then it’s all fake news. Same with these two.

The best way to deal with bad press is to ignore it. People have short memories. But fighting the press just keeps everything on people’s minds

by Anonymousreply 382April 20, 2020 1:50 AM

[quote] Reminds a bit of Trump. He loves publicity until the press says something he doesn’t like. Then it’s all fake news. Same with these two.

Didn't Dim lecture his father-in-law to be about giving Trump a chance?

by Anonymousreply 383April 20, 2020 1:52 AM

I wasn’t aware of that, but not surprised. For all the woke posturing, I bet Harry is quite conservative.

by Anonymousreply 384April 20, 2020 1:54 AM

All the Windsors are conservative. The Queen Mother was somewhere to the right of Attila the Hun.

by Anonymousreply 385April 20, 2020 1:57 AM

The Queen is a Labour supporter: at the start she was a Conservative because of Churchill; then Wilson converted her to socialism.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386April 20, 2020 1:59 AM

Harry’s conservative views might be hard to defend in ultra liberal L.A. He better keep that closeted

by Anonymousreply 387April 20, 2020 2:00 AM

That throw away comment doesn't make Harry conservative. It was most likely an attempt to diffuse and argument. He's clearly on board with Meghan's brand of woke activism and slammed Trump in the call where he was pranked by the Russians.

by Anonymousreply 388April 20, 2020 2:03 AM

This link from The Guardian, not a 'traditional' tabloid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389April 20, 2020 2:03 AM

Hare Rāma Hare Rāma Rāma Rāma Harry Hare Harry Kṛṣṇa Hare Kṛṣṇa Kṛṣṇa Kṛṣṇa Harry Hare Hare Kṛṣṇa Harry Kṛṣṇa Kṛṣṇa Kṛṣṇa Harry Hare Harry Rāma Hare Rāma Rāma Rāma Hare Hare

by Anonymousreply 390April 20, 2020 2:06 AM

Harry and Charles are the most "liberal" of the Windsors but that's not saying much.

Yes, I was joking about the Queen Mum (not really). No, I don't want to "diffuse an argument" that we're not having. What I meant to make clear is that this is a deeply conservative family, as you would expect. Harry may be more liberal now, at least somewhat, but so was/is Charles. Yet there is a fundamentally traditionalist, old fashioned culture in his family and it will out. He's a prince of England, for God's sake, born and raised that way well into his 30's.

All this "omg they're woke, they hate Trump!" nonsense is so fucking annoying. First of all, everyone hates Trump. These two are followers and neither of them is the sharpest tool in the shed. You couldn't "wake" them with a fog horn and a Chinese dinner gong.

by Anonymousreply 391April 20, 2020 2:17 AM

[quote] He's a prince of England, for God's sake

I'm a prince of Greece and Denmark, for God's sake. I regret it now, but we all left my wife Sausage, the Queen to you, to fend for herself when Trump came to Windsor with that Fist Lady of his. None of us can stand him, the thug.

by Anonymousreply 392April 20, 2020 2:23 AM

Issuing edicts to the media, choosing how they're covered and portrayed not based upon their own actions but on the image they wish to present to the public. Therein lies the big problem with Meghan and Harry. Harry and Meghan love to lecture others on how to think and behave. Not because they have any unique qualities to do so but because they consider themselves to be unique individuals. Never mind the lack of expertise, talent, lived experience, or just common decency and kindness.

by Anonymousreply 393April 20, 2020 2:33 AM

No worries, Duke Prince Phil, you got in your retirement chit early enough so you didn't have to go. Harry and Megxit bailed, except for one weird reception Harry showed up at, and skulked around. Everyone else in the family did their bit with the whole wretched Trump clan.

Oh, do you mean that first, sad little tea? That was payback, everyone knew it. Served the fat fuck right. Demand stays at Buckingham Palace? Demand rides in gold coaches? Er.. no, Her Majesty will unable to accommodate your requests. So sorry. Tea?

by Anonymousreply 394April 20, 2020 2:34 AM

Yes, the first sad little tea when the Tard touched down on Windsor, late, making her Maj wait (well ok, but she is old enough to be his mother), with the Brigade of Guards in attendance, with her ordering him around the Guards, with her taking him and Fist to her consignment store within the castle (No Sale). Yes, the Queen was abandoned by her family on that occasion; other occasions of abandonment and abuse of the Queen I don't know about, but ask her successive Prime Ministers and perhaps even Phil the Greek.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395April 20, 2020 2:47 AM

Oh, those fools, thinking they can control the press! Thinking pitiful little tools like lawsuits and complaints will change anything!

Honey, if you want to control the press, forget about lawyers and publicists, and fuck Rupert Murdoch.

by Anonymousreply 396April 20, 2020 4:46 AM

They haven't really engaged with any of these tabloids anyway, have they? So they should have just kept ignoring them. Harry has been trained his whole life that the tabs will exaggerate and even make up shit, but it's best to just ignore them.

This letter is like a twelve-year-old child shouting, "I'm not talking to you anymore!". This won't change how the tabloids report on them. All it does is agitate them.

by Anonymousreply 397April 20, 2020 5:04 AM

Isn't that exactly what the Palace staff said about them? That they were acting like children?

by Anonymousreply 398April 20, 2020 5:31 AM

Seems like they're doing everything they can to not go over well in Hollywood. First pitching Bob Iger in front of cameras, now issuing edicts from on high to the tabloids at the same time as Harry seemed to say things really aren't so bad in the UK right now. I would think A-listers would want to avoid being associated with them and their problematic antics.

It keeps us quarantinees entertained, though!

by Anonymousreply 399April 20, 2020 6:16 AM

"Meghan Markle steps out in favourite trainers twice in a week - and they're reduced on Amazon"

Their policy is unclear: they court the press; they deny the press; they sue the press; they decry the press; they court the press. Here she goes again: stepping out in her favorite trainers, this time for Yahoo!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400April 20, 2020 12:55 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401April 20, 2020 3:28 PM

"Piers Morgan says 'pampered little duke' Prince Harry makes him vomit in scathing rant."

I am not at all sure that this is acceptable from ... Piers Morgan who is a mega-douche.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402April 20, 2020 4:00 PM

That court case: 'If u love Meg, please call me': Harry and Meghan's emotional messages to Thomas Markle revealed. Duchess lays bare in court documents her distress to estranged father ahead of Royal wedding"

The hearing is on Friday: success is inevitable ... for the Fail. I should feel sorry for Meghs but am finding it difficult because so much of this is the result of her own stupidity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403April 20, 2020 4:38 PM

The first message says: "Tom, it’s Harry and I’m going to call you right now. Please pick up, thank you."

What an imperious little shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404April 20, 2020 4:48 PM

Trump is about to ban all immigration. Where does that leave our boy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 405April 21, 2020 2:37 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406April 24, 2020 5:42 PM

As the article details, even if DMG/Associated Newspapers loses the case, they'll have won the war: her reputation, such as it is, won't recover any time soon.

Smart lawyers do everything they can to keep their clients out of court because that's where they can lose. Lose what? The Associated Newspapers could lose money; money they make daily and Sunday. The Mail on Sunday is a tabloid so what harm would a loss do to their reputation? By contrast, if MM loses, she'll forfeit what little dignity she has left and, as a general rule, not only the costs incurred by her lawyers but also those of the winning side (although these can be capped by the court), which she also presumably doesn't have.

She'd have been better guided by the old adage, "Never explain, never complain." Obviously, she was not.

by Anonymousreply 407April 24, 2020 6:06 PM

Yes R407 in England the loser is, as a rule, expected to pay the winner's costs (subject to assessment by the court).

[quote] Smart lawyers do everything they can to keep their clients out of court

As the old Lord Chancellor used to say, "Wild horses would not drag me into court unless I had at least a 75% chance of success." That was Derry Irvine of the flock wallpaper. Cases with 75% chance of success are vanishingly rare.

Meghan is nutz.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408April 24, 2020 10:19 PM

Meghan is playing hardball. The defendant suggested an adjournment of the hearing of its application due to the pandemic; Meghs refused. The judge could have adjourned it of his own volition but instead traveled to central London to sit in his courtroom (why couldn't he have done it from home?).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409April 24, 2020 10:43 PM

Does the proclamation mean that Hals has to leave?

by Anonymousreply 410April 24, 2020 11:41 PM

Meghan should have accepted the postponement.

The one thing she most needs to do is to stay quiet until their new multi-media approach is genuinely ready to go, and the haters and mockers have found new targets. But that's the one thing she absolutely will not do.

by Anonymousreply 411April 25, 2020 12:02 AM

[quote] Meghan should have accepted the postponement.

If the judge had to travel to central London just for her, because she would not agree the postponement, then she may find herself penalized in costs even if she does win the application. The costs are normally assessed at the hearing and payable withing 14 days; so another £100K to the Mail; if she doesn't pay on time then expect bankruptcy proceedings to be started.

by Anonymousreply 412April 25, 2020 12:16 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!