Cuomo tweets keep up the pressure on the GOP assholes in Washington.
1) When it comes to funding corporate America, no amount is too high.
When it comes to funding working Americans, the purse strings are closed tight.
I say that’s WRONG.
Let's fund working Americans.
2) Let's talk about priorities.
Sen. McConnell cares about bailing out: -Airlines -Big corporations -Hotels -Restaurant chains -Public companies
State and local governments want $ to fund: -Police -Firefighters -Nurses -Food banks -Social services -Teachers
3) NY has received hundreds of donated masks from all around the country, from red states and blue states.
They were sent because Americans are unified and generous and kind.
Our politicians should aspire to be at least half as good as the American people.
4) Mitch McConnell and his partisan brigade are dividing our country.
Their not-so-subtle message is: The states with more COVID cases don't deserve help from the states with fewer cases b/c they are Democrats.
This is ugly and reprehensible — it's also wrong on the facts.
-NYS pays $29B more to the fed gov't than it gets back every year.
-Kentucky TAKES $37B more than they pay. -Florida TAKES $30 billion more than they pay.
6) We must make reopening decisions based on fact.
No politics. No spin. No emotion. No conspiracies.
Just the facts and the data and the science.