Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Andrew Cuomo’s Renaissance

“Andrew Cuomo is to Coronavirus what Rudy Giuliani was to 9/11. In a crisis, his authoritarian tendencies get retconned as leadership and their destructive impacts on people forgotten. When it comes time for the next phase of his ambition, there’ll be bewilderment re his behavior.”

Discuss.

by Anonymousreply 188a day ago

The quote is from a tweet:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104/10/2020

Garrulous, opportunist, "Who me?".

by Anonymousreply 204/10/2020

Like comparing apples and oranges.

Giuliani was and still is a bat shit crazy Republican who cares only about himself and his party.

Cuomo is a tough and smart Democrat who cares about people. He may be ambitious but his father Mario's legacy weighs heavily on his mind and may help keep his less sterling qualities in check.

by Anonymousreply 304/10/2020

I'm not a Cuomo fan by any means (except for Chris) but he has done a very good job with this pandemic. Giuliani was a buffoon.

by Anonymousreply 404/10/2020

Gov. Cuomo's briefing today. He gives us the good, the bad and the ugly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 504/11/2020

New York State now has more corona virus cases than entire countries! Cuomo has talked a lot but his actions haven't stopped the corona-virus. Gavin Newsom deserves tons of credit for his job in California. That and being married to that Fox News horny harpy and Trump family courtesan, Kimberly Guilfoyle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 604/11/2020

The Governor returns ventilators to a nursing home who sent them to NY at the height of the need. I love his vintage car.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 704/12/2020

The Governor's Easter Sunday briefing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 804/12/2020

Easter egg balloons line the walk at the NY Governor's mansion in Albany.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 904/12/2020

[quote] Easter egg balloons line the walk at the NY Governor's mansion in Albany.

Tacky. Did Sandra Lee purchase those before the breakup?

by Anonymousreply 1004/12/2020

If he tries for national office, he'll have the same problem Giuliani did when he tried.

Being loved in NY does not necessarily mean making it big in the rest of the country.

by Anonymousreply 1104/12/2020

Daffy Duck would look presidential next to Trump.

by Anonymousreply 1204/12/2020

Didn't he delay his response to the virus and kill thousands of New Yorkers because of it? Oh, yes, he did. Even his latest little pissing contest about the schools in New York City staying closed for the rest of the school year showed his truer character. What the fuck is with the bullshit worship? Are you all that desperate for some sort of authoritarian daddy figure?

by Anonymousreply 1304/12/2020

R13 Yes Cuomo has done a terrible job. His fight over the NYC school closings with DeBlasio is absolutely silly. Compared to states like Washington and California, NYS is an absolute shitshow. In 2015, there was a recommendation to Cuomo to buy 15,000 ventilators. Instead he bought 780 dollars worth of solar panels! Trump has fucked up big time and so has Cuomo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1404/12/2020

It was classy, but inexplicable, of him to take his nipple rings out in R8's photo at what looks like a Pride parade.

by Anonymousreply 1504/12/2020

I need a hero. I'm holding out for hero- til the end of the night!

by Anonymousreply 1604/12/2020

780 million dollars

by Anonymousreply 1704/12/2020

Cuomo started his televised briefings after Trump had proved himself to be useless and actually panic-inducing. So, Cuomo has done all of us a great service in focusing Trump‘s mind to the task.

by Anonymousreply 1804/12/2020

[quote] If he tries for national office, he'll have the same problem Giuliani did when he tried. Being loved in NY does not necessarily mean making it big in the rest of the country.

There seems to be an equal amount of love and hatred for Cuomo in New York.

by Anonymousreply 1904/12/2020

R18 Actually it seems like Newsom's relationship with Trump was better and far more influential on Trump. Cuomo made a mess of NYS during this crisis. He loves to pass the buck all the time. It is always DeBlasio or Trump's fault never his. He is a petty all talk tyrant and a narcissistic.

R19 His infighting with DeBlasio is positively infantile. Cuomo acts like a Mafia Don or a duke who runs a fiefdom with regards to DeBlasio. Cuomo has a problem with DeBlasio's school closing decision because he didn't make the announcement and/or the decision first!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2004/13/2020

Cuomo in Rolling Stone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2104/13/2020

Cuomo is tired of playing nice with Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2204/14/2020

Cuomo news conference for April 14.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2304/14/2020

Cuomo's Corona briefing for April 15.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2404/15/2020

The Tappan Zee Bridge puffing sounded self-congratulatory and more like campaigning than a COVID update. He does a great job communicating when he is focused on the facts, not rambling and pandering.

by Anonymousreply 2504/15/2020

Cuomo briefing for April 16.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2604/16/2020

The Cuomo Brothers were great together last night on CNN.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2704/16/2020

The difference is REAL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2804/16/2020

Cuomo's briefing today includes a priceless smackdown of Trump. Watch and enjoy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2904/17/2020

The Cuomo briefing for Saturday, April 18. Notice he throws shade at Trump when talking about playing politics and dividing the nation during a national health crisis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3004/18/2020

President Clinton interviews Cuomo at the13:33 mark.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3104/19/2020

Cuomo's news conference begins at about the 15:40 mark in the video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3204/19/2020

One of the best lines today from Cuomo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3304/19/2020

Yet another article that exposes Cuomo, DeBlasio and The Feds(meaning Trump) for their massive botch job. Cuomo talks a lot but he should have done a hell of a lot more to have stopped this debacle. Newsom in California did and Cuomo failed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3404/19/2020

OP = partisan right-wing troll trying to tarnish an admired Democrat.

NICE TRY, BORIS!

by Anonymousreply 3504/19/2020

I have to agree that NYC waited too long to close down. Cuomo has done a good job of reassuring and informing people but I don't think people realize that NY and NYS don't run a quarantine as tight as some other European countires or even other states in the U.S. France, England and even Argentina (according to friends) are much stricter. I have a car and no one will stop me getting in and going anywhere I want in the U.S. for example.

As far as I can see in NYC, there is no police reinforcement of shelter in place rules. Actually, I haven't seen a cop since this all started. Fortunately, most people are following all rules voluntarilly which makes life a lot easier.

by Anonymousreply 3604/19/2020

Sunday dinner Cuomo style.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3704/20/2020

Cuomo's corona virus briefing for Monday, April 20.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3804/20/2020

Cuomo's briefing for April 21. He had to cut it short because he's traveling to Washington to meet with Trump. Oh. to be a fly on the wall when these two go at it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3904/21/2020

I hope Cuomo shanks him.

by Anonymousreply 4004/21/2020

Cuomo had a briefing last night after his meeting with Trump in Washington.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4104/22/2020

April 22 Cuomo briefing begins at about the13:42 mark.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4204/22/2020

Bloomberg to the rescue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4304/22/2020

April 23 - Cuomo's briefing includes a Mitch McConnell slap down at about the 24:00 minute mark. He goes after him again later on during the question period.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4404/23/2020

Cuomo should be running this country!!!

Right NOW, effective IMMEDIATELY!!!!

by Anonymousreply 4504/23/2020

Cuomo is on fire at 30:42 mark in the video @ R44.

NY - Puts in 116 Billion dollars more than they take out.

McConnell (Kentucky) - Takes out 114 Billion dollars more than they put in.

Who's getting bailed out here?

by Anonymousreply 4604/23/2020

I don't think his problem is that he is or was too authoritarian. The problem was he didn't act early enough.

by Anonymousreply 4704/23/2020

Cuomo Tweets:

1 - "One of the really dumb ideas of all time just came from Sen. Mitch McConnell.

His suggestion to let states go bankrupt makes no sense.

He says he doesn't want a "Blue State Bailout."

15,000 people died — this is not the time for politics".

2 - "Let’s talk about fairness, Mitch.

NYS puts $116 billion more into the federal pot than we take out.

Kentucky TAKES $148 billion more from the federal pot than they put in.

But we don't deserve help now because the 15,000 people who died here were predominately democrats?"

by Anonymousreply 4804/23/2020

My Kentucky number posted @R46 is not correct as per the Cuomo tweet @R48. It's even higher.

Moscow Mitch is an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 4904/23/2020

McConnell needs to go. He's out of touch, out of ideas, out of his mind. He's forgotten that a Senator is all about PUBLIC SERVICE not SELF SERVICE.

Here's the Democrat who could do the job.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5004/23/2020

[quote]The problem was he didn't act early enough.

Yes and no. The problem was he didn't realize de Blasio didn't have it together quickly enough. The mayor of NYC is almost like a governor. It's pretty unheard of for the governor of NY to step on the mayor of NYC.

by Anonymousreply 5104/23/2020

Reaction to Cuomo's bitch slap of Moscow Mitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5204/23/2020

Today's Cuomo briefing. He blasts Moscow Mitch again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5304/24/2020

Gouliani put first responses in the Twin Towers after being told not to.

by Anonymousreply 5404/24/2020

R51: The hell are you talking about? Cuomo has been stomping on DeBlasio and fucking him over since he was first elected in 2013. Cuomo is a petty ass. Jay Inslee, Gavin Newsom and J.B. Pritzker are so much better than this oaf.

by Anonymousreply 5504/24/2020

Cuomo shared a letter he received from a farmer in Kansas. Enclosed was a mask to give to an health worker.

Bad times show the worst and the best of humanity. This man is the latter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5604/24/2020

[quote]Cuomo shared a letter he received from a farmer in Kansas. Enclosed was a mask to give to an health worker. Bad times show the worst and the best of humanity. This man is the latter.

Thank you for sharing this, R56.

by Anonymousreply 5704/24/2020

Here is today's briefing by NY Governor Cuomo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5804/25/2020

Cuomo's briefing for Sunday, April 26.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5904/26/2020

Another Dem who terrifies you deplorables! It’s delicious! I love him!

by Anonymousreply 6004/26/2020

[quote] New York State now has more corona virus cases than entire countries! Cuomo has talked a lot but his actions haven't stopped the corona-virus. Gavin Newsom deserves tons of credit for his job in California. That and being married to that Fox News horny harpy and Trump family courtesan, Kimberly Guilfoyle.

Cuomo was at a disadvantage. The virus hit NYC like a bomb. It is so densely populated, it could not have shut down fast enough to avoid its current predicament. He got no help from federal government and had to figure it all out quickly, by himself.

by Anonymousreply 6104/26/2020

Plus Cuomo had that buffoon, de Blasio, tweeting that people should go to bars right up to when the bars were closed.

by Anonymousreply 6204/26/2020

Republican policies have killed almost 50,000

by Anonymousreply 6304/26/2020

Republican policies have killed almost 50,000

by Anonymousreply 6404/26/2020

R64, over the last 50 years, Repug policies have probably killed more like 50 million.

As for Cuomo, R61, while the cities density is a problem he couldn't do anything about, he also was slow to lock down the state. The hero worship without the facts on here is sad. Stop acting like cultish Repugs.

by Anonymousreply 6504/26/2020

Locking down New York does nothing if you don't also lock down neighboring states, r65. Locking down NY without locking down NJ, PA and MA just transfers the problem to neighboring states. Look at a map.

by Anonymousreply 6604/26/2020

What are you talking about, R66? None of them locked down and a whole lot of the infections in the surrounding states came from fleeing New Yorkers being selfish fucks. He didn't lock it down soon enough. It's a fact. Again, if you also don't want to deal in facts, you are no better than a Repug.

by Anonymousreply 6704/26/2020

No shit, r67. What I'm saying is someone upthread accused Cuomo of not locking down quick enough when the truth was he needed to do it in unison with several other States in order to make it work, which is what ultimately happened.

by Anonymousreply 6804/26/2020

R68, what part of the word 'epicenter' don't you get? New York needed to shut down two weeks before it did. It also needed to shut down much harder than it did, including limiting people leaving the state. New York is the reason all those surrounding states have so many cases. Like I said, selfish fucking New Yorkers fleeing to surrounding states caused the massive spread.

by Anonymousreply 6904/26/2020

Cuomo's briefing begins at about the 13:15 mark. I think he got outside this weekend. A hike and sunshine. He looked tanned. Cuomo goes after McConnell again at 37:07.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7004/27/2020

Cuomo quote from today's news conference.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7104/27/2020

R69 what part of NYC is less than 3 miles and a federal roadway away from NJ don't you get? Or parts of Yonkers and Westchester border CT or that the Hudson Valley borders PA and MA. Close any one of these communities and people will just pour over the border to go out.

Now, if you want to say that the entire region should have been shut down sooner then you would be right, but closing NY in isolation just exports the virus. Just ask the border areas of Ohio and WV that have an issue with PA residents coming into their states because PA is on lockdown and Ohio and WV have less restrictive shutdowns.

by Anonymousreply 7204/27/2020

And to add to my list at r72, organizing regional shutdowns like Cuomo did wouldn't have been necessary if the Federal government stepped up to the plate.

by Anonymousreply 7304/27/2020

The spread from NY is mostly caused by people who live outside NYC but work in the city. That's the #1 reason why NJ has such a massive outbreak.

New Yorkers leaving the city would show an increase in cases in the Hamptons, Berkshires and Hudson Valley but those places aren't in terrible shape. Also many New Yorkers fled to Florida and that state seems ok. If Cuomo had tried to prevent New Yorkers from leaving the state there would have been a massive exodus helter skelter everywhere. It would have backfired.

by Anonymousreply 7404/27/2020

R74, I'm not talking about fleeing. I'm talking about things like shopping or going out to eat, which is what was happening in PA with Ohio, WV and DE.

by Anonymousreply 7504/27/2020

For those of you who aren't familiar with Cuomo, here is a video of his first two terms. Same sex marriage is at the 7:00 minute mark.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7604/27/2020

Today's Cuomo briefing comes from Syracuse, NY.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7704/28/2020

New Yorker here, I voted for Cynthia Nixon and was not a Cuomo fan but he has been doing an excellent job and even my Trump loving relations in the suburbs agree.

by Anonymousreply 7804/28/2020

Cuomo has balls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7904/28/2020

I bet he's an intense fuck in bed. Probably thick af too.

by Anonymousreply 8004/28/2020

Cuomo is on fire. He goes after Moscow Mitch and his sidekick Florida Sen. Rick Scott at about the 12:00 minute mark. Love the mask montage. The very last thing he says after the questions is another bitch slap to the Republicans. Go for it, Andy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8104/29/2020

Cuomosexual talk on Ellen and ET.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8204/29/2020

Cuomo tweets keep up the pressure on the GOP assholes in Washington.

1) When it comes to funding corporate America, no amount is too high.

When it comes to funding working Americans, the purse strings are closed tight.

I say that’s WRONG.

Let's fund working Americans.

2) Let's talk about priorities.

Sen. McConnell cares about bailing out: -Airlines -Big corporations -Hotels -Restaurant chains -Public companies

State and local governments want $ to fund: -Police -Firefighters -Nurses -Food banks -Social services -Teachers

3) NY has received hundreds of donated masks from all around the country, from red states and blue states.

They were sent because Americans are unified and generous and kind.

Our politicians should aspire to be at least half as good as the American people.

4) Mitch McConnell and his partisan brigade are dividing our country.

Their not-so-subtle message is: The states with more COVID cases don't deserve help from the states with fewer cases b/c they are Democrats.

This is ugly and reprehensible — it's also wrong on the facts.

5) Reminder:

-NYS pays $29B more to the fed gov't than it gets back every year.

-Kentucky TAKES $37B more than they pay. -Florida TAKES $30 billion more than they pay.

Facts Matter.

6) We must make reopening decisions based on fact.

No politics. No spin. No emotion. No conspiracies.

Just the facts and the data and the science.

by Anonymousreply 8304/29/2020

Cuomo showed a mask mosaic in his news briefing today,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8404/29/2020

Hero of the pandemic

by Anonymousreply 8504/29/2020

A very powerful moment from yesterday's briefing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8604/30/2020

A video of thanks for the essential workers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8704/30/2020

[quote] New York needed to shut down two weeks before it did. It also needed to shut down much harder than it did, including limiting people leaving the state.

You can’t prevent people from leaving the state, it’s unconstitutional. When New Hampshire tried to stop NYers from entering their state, Cuomo threatened to sue them and they backed down.

by Anonymousreply 8804/30/2020

Two of my favorite recent quotes from him:

On NYC getting less back than they put in,

“Bail me out? No, just give me my money back!”

On protestors demanding reopening:

“Get your head around, ‘it’s not about ME, it’s about WE.’ If they want to go back to work let them take jobs as essential workers.”

by Anonymousreply 8904/30/2020

I’m disgusted by how Trump has lowered the bar for Democrats. Cuomo is terrible. Earlier this month he rammed through a budget that makes billions of dollars in cuts to Medicaid and freezes education funding. Several people around him went to jail for corruption during his first two terms. He’s trying to basically outlaw the progressive wing of the Democratic Party by keeping their candidates off the ballot in the future. He’s a mess, and if he were a Republican we’d be criticizing him for corruption and going after poor people’s health insurance.

If New Yorkers are impressed by his BDE on display during his covid press conferences then good for them. I assume they’re the same Chris Matthews type Democrats who got erections when Bush stood on some rubble and threatened to bomb people, or when he played military dress up and landed that fighter jet on that aircraft carrier.

by Anonymousreply 9004/30/2020

Bloomberg and De Blasio attended Cuomo's briefing today by video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9104/30/2020

First he's in Rolling Stone, now it's Vanity Fair. Cuomo is on a roll!

Read the full cover story in the link of the VF bio.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9205/01/2020

Cuomo's news briefing for Friday, May 1.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9305/01/2020

Cuomo was in New York City for his Saturday briefing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9405/02/2020

Rudy couldn't stop putting "9/11" in every other sentence, minimum. It turned into his (and the GOP's) dogwhistle to drum up anger and use fear to turn people against their political opponents.

by Anonymousreply 9505/02/2020

Cuomo resembles Virgil Sollozzo in The Godfather. Don't mess with him. LOL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9605/02/2020

Cuomo's Sunday briefing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9705/03/2020

Cuomo just doesn't want the subways disinfected. He's not afraid to take on the job himself. LOL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9805/04/2020

I think it's a mistake not to have him replace Biden.

by Anonymousreply 9905/04/2020

At first, OP. But the longer this drags on in lockdown, the less popular he'll become.

by Anonymousreply 10005/04/2020

Cuomo's Monday briefing begins at the 17:45 mark. He's in Rochester, NY today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10105/04/2020

Cuomo bitch slapped Trump and the GOP in his briefing today. The conference starts at the 20;00 minute mark. He talks about the Federal Government at the 38:00 minute mark and again when answering questions.

by Anonymousreply 10205/05/2020

^ Sorry here's the video for R102.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10305/05/2020

Cuomo's briefing for May 6th.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10405/06/2020

The Cuomo Bros Show last night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10505/06/2020

Another exchange between Andrew & Chris Cuom on Prime Time last night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10605/06/2020

Cuomo's briefing begins at the 7:25 minute mark.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10705/07/2020

Cuomo's appearance on The Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10805/07/2020

Cuomo appeared on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert. This is Part One.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10905/08/2020

Part Two of Colbert's interview with Cuomo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11005/08/2020

I love listening to Cuomo! He knows what he's talking about, bases decision on science, and doesn't push personal vendettas.

He comes across as a truthful, comforting leader--completely the opposite of Trump

by Anonymousreply 11105/08/2020

R105, the banter between the brothers is fun. You can tell they're close and get a kick out of this.

by Anonymousreply 11205/08/2020

Cuomo's briefing today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11305/08/2020

(R111) And he loves and worries about his mama. Trump would have shoved his late mother in front of a train if it would help him get re-elected.

by Anonymousreply 11405/08/2020

Cuomo is at all time highs in NY

by Anonymousreply 11505/09/2020

Cuomo's briefing begins at the 23:00 minute mark.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11605/09/2020

The Luv Gov is giving his Little Brother a poke in the ribs today on his Instagram post.

"Happy Mother’s Day, Mom.

Love this photo of you with your favorite son ....and @chrisccuomo,"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11705/10/2020

Cuomo loves his Mom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11805/10/2020

Cuomo's briefing today. Mama Matilda and Cuomo's three daughters took part at the 25:00 minute mark.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11905/10/2020

He's really missing his Mamma today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12005/10/2020

Cuomo's sister Maria and mother Matilda wearing Cuomo face masks with a Cuomo candle. LOL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12105/10/2020

[quote]Didn't he delay his response to the virus and kill thousands of New Yorkers because of it? Oh, yes, he did.

Uhm, yeah, no.

This is the latest Berner/Trumpanzee argument, blaming Democratic governors for not implementing more national standards while NOT being President. Fucking slimeballs and morons have settled on this as their strategy, I see.

by Anonymousreply 12205/10/2020

I think that poster is thinking of deBlasio.

Cause he sure as shit did.

by Anonymousreply 12305/10/2020

Correct, R123.

by Anonymousreply 12405/10/2020

Matilda has a message for Mother's everywhere.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12505/11/2020

Who knew Matilda was a Rasta?

by Anonymousreply 12605/11/2020

R126 - She's a Raffa not a Rasta. Raffa is her maiden name.

by Anonymousreply 12705/11/2020

Cuomo's briefing for Monday, May 11.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12805/11/2020

R127,

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh.

by Anonymousreply 12905/11/2020

Handsome

by Anonymousreply 13005/12/2020

Cuomo's briefing for Tuesday, May 12.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13105/12/2020

May 13th briefing by Cuomo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13205/13/2020

The Cuomo Brothers joked around last night. Here's a video clip.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13305/14/2020

Cuomo on Seth Meyers - Part One.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13405/14/2020

Cuomo on Seth Meyers - Part Two.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13505/14/2020

Cuomo briefing for Wednesday, May 14.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13605/14/2020

R136 - favorite line about his daughter who Cuomo tried to get up from bed yesterday .

Michaela had an "appointment with her pillow". LOL.

by Anonymousreply 13705/14/2020

^ Thursday.

I'm losing track of the days.

by Anonymousreply 13805/14/2020

OP is forgetting that Ghouliani is crooked AF and just as nuts.

by Anonymousreply 13905/14/2020

Sleep deprived Cuomo and his youngest daughter Michaela.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14005/15/2020

Pre social distancing...Cuomo with his twin daughters Cara and Mariah when they were children.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14105/15/2020

Cuomo on Rachel Maddow - 3 parts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14205/15/2020

Cuomo's briefing for Friday, May 15.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14305/15/2020

A funny video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14405/15/2020

Should Biden be worried?

by Anonymousreply 14505/15/2020

It's Saturday May 16th and here is Cuomo's briefing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14605/16/2020

Thanks

by Anonymousreply 14705/16/2020

How is Cuomo doing?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14805/16/2020

A hightlight of Cuomo's Sunday briefing today is the Governor getting a Covid-19 test live on TV.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14905/17/2020

A poignant moment between Cuomo and a reporter who lost his mother to Covid-19.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15005/18/2020

Cuomo's Monday, May 18th briefing. Good news: his Covid test came back negative. He looks like he got some sun over the weekend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15105/18/2020

That was fast test.

by Anonymousreply 15205/19/2020

Cuomo's briefing for Tuesday, May 19th.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15305/19/2020

Cuomo's briefing for Wednesday, May 20. His daughter Mariah was there to unveil the top five "wear a mask" video contestants.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15405/20/2020

Cuomo and his daughter Mariah practicing what they preach.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15505/20/2020

A hilarious moment last night - The Cuomo Bros. Comedy routine about swabs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156Last Thursday at 4:58 AM

Cuomo's briefing for Thursday, May 21.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157Last Thursday at 9:23 AM

Stop giving this disgusting nepotistic egomaniac any attention. Fuck him and his fraud of a brother.

We all know he was out and about and then a week later he's staging his"coming out of the basement" bit.

by Anonymousreply 158Last Thursday at 9:32 AM

R145 - No because Cuomo isn't running this year. People have to understand that you just can't decide to run for POTUS at the drop of a hat. Cuomo has done no preparations or fund raising for a POTUS run, and its too late since its already the end of May. Cuomo will be running for President in 2024.

Now, for his presentation, he did a great job at first especially in the throws of the pandemic in NYC. But now its becoming the Cuomo Show instead of him leading the way in keeping the spread down & get the economy started again. I know about the 7 metrics in reopening, but he only talked about a few counties & never mentioned it again. Anything about providing relief for the 2M unemployed in the state & the backlogged unemployment claims? Nope. What about the slowing the spread in the jails & prisons? Nothing. When do you think NYC can start elective surgeries again (like a benchmark date)? Silence. Even when he talked about the potential small businesses that will be lost during the 5/21 presser, there was ZERO empathy for it in his tone. WTF? This is why I can't stand the guy. Yes, he's better than Trump - a fungus gnat is better than Trump at this point - but he's an egomaniac & loves hearing his own voice. This is the same guy that was urged by DeBlasio to do a shelter-in-place in early March and refused to do so, only to reverse a week later and put every business in limbo. He got the mask wearing wrong, the putting COVID patients in nursing homes wrong, the timing of the shutdown wrong. Fuck Cuomo. Even I personally think that the Governor's secretary that sits next to him is even annoyed with the guy.

And BTW, anyone who thinks Cuomo will fly through a Presidential candidacy better think again. Once the amount of state corruption Cuomo is involved with gets the light of day, his candidacy will be over. The GOP will have a field day with it.

by Anonymousreply 159Last Thursday at 9:40 AM

R159 - I'm going to reply to some of your comments because I don't even know if you've been listening to his briefings or the questions asked by reporters after his presentation. It doesn't appear you have judging by your grievances.

1) Counties reopening - Cuomo has mentioned it - a number of times. You must have missed that the LOCAL governments are now responsible for how it goes, how the business and individuals comply with the guidelines. Every county has to watch the metrics and deal with them when problems crop up.

2) Relief the the unemployed - since the state hasn't had any revenue coming in giving some extra cash to the people may be difficult without funding from the Federal government. The fierce Secretary to the Governor (Melissa de Rosa) has spoken about this MANY times as has the governor. Instead of getting thousands of claims per week, the state was getting millions. The system crashed because it couldn't handle the crush. I'm pretty sure every state was in the same boat. NY has 3,000 people on the phones and online to deal with the backlog.

3) Prison guards have been tested and they have a lower infection rate than the normal population. I haven't heard that there is even a major problem in NY jails. Have you?

4) NYC elective surgeries - Know one knows for sure when NYC can open. It depends on the metrics and how good people are in keeping the infection down. Cuomo (or any of the medical experts) don't have crystal balls when the bloody facts keep changing. Cuomo has opened up other counties for elective surgeries so I'm guessing that when NYC reaches the SEVEN metrics, a decision will be made.

5) Putting Covid patients in nursing homes - Cuomo was following FEDERAL regulations that stated nursing homes could not discriminate against positive patients. The nursing homes were responsible for the health of the patients, if they have the resources to manage, if they had room to quarantine the patient etc...There was always the option of a nursing home telling the hospital or phoning the NY Department of Health and say they could not comply and the patient would have been sent to another facility who could. If anyone is responsible for the deaths in nursing homes, it's the nursing homes themselves. They're private companies not state run homes.

I'm not informed enough to give an opinion on the the shelter in place order. It was my belief that DeBlasio screwed up and not Cuomo but I'm not sure. Anyone know the story? There was no guidance for wearing a mask from the CDC but Cuomo is sure wearing a mask NOW when that authority requests it.

by Anonymousreply 160Last Thursday at 10:09 AM

[quote] Prison guards have been tested and they have a lower infection rate than the normal population. I haven't heard that there is even a major problem in NY jails. Have you?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161Last Thursday at 10:18 AM

Another...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162Last Thursday at 10:19 AM

And this one from two weeks ago

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163Last Thursday at 10:22 AM

He’s plunged thousands of New Yorkers into poverty.

by Anonymousreply 164Last Thursday at 10:23 AM

Can't forget this gem!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165Last Thursday at 10:23 AM

I'm lovin' this receipts

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166Last Thursday at 10:25 AM

R160 Thank you. I'm wondering who R159 thinks could have done a better job. It's easy to criticize, but this was an emergency situation and I think Cuomo did a pretty good job considering everything we were up against.

He doesn't talk about the prisoners because, quite frankly, that's not what most people care or are concerned about. They want to know about issues affecting them.

And as for his seven points for re-opening the state he covered them for several days in his press conferences. He has learned to use his time to cover what he thinks are important issues coming up (or are at present). Lately he's talked (for several days) about the need for government funding to be for the people, not the corporations.

by Anonymousreply 167Last Thursday at 12:16 PM

R161, R162 & R163 - thanks for the info. I didn't realize it was such a problem. I think Cuomo has been concentrating on getting the prison personnel tested more than the prisoners themselves.

R164, R166 - At the beginning of the crisis, I don't think Cuomo believed that "shelter in place" would work. Would millions of non-essential New Yorkers actually stay home? I think that's why he had briefings every day with just the facts so people could make informed decisions. I think he also had a problem with the term itself. Isn't "shelter in place" used for natural disasters like hurricanes? He uses the term "NY Pause". Of course, that's just my opinion but I can't get inside his head to know what he was thinking. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 168Last Thursday at 12:49 PM

^ meant R165 not R164

by Anonymousreply 169Last Thursday at 12:51 PM

This woman is brilliant. Watch her play Cuomo, his daughter and her boyfriend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170Last Friday at 6:59 AM

Cuomo's briefing for today, Friday May 22nd.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171Last Friday at 7:45 AM

Cuomo is a disaster.

HE was largely responsible for the lack of response. NYC still has the worst record.

ALL he did was go on TV and bitch about how every state and the federal government should give all their equipment to NYC because he failed to act in time with NYC's equally fucked up mayor.

Now all these people died because of his inaction and yet because of white guilt, they refuse to see that in Oh, Ca, Tx, Fl and most other states the death toll and infection rate is FAR lower even when NO measures were taken

NYC is a cluster fuck and not because it's dense, other places like SF are very dense too but have much less case rates

When this clears up, he'll have a LOT to answer for about how he screwed up his state royally.

by Anonymousreply 172Last Friday at 8:07 AM

R172 - well, thank you for your deflection, Agent Orange. Now calm down, it's time for your Hydroxychloroquine pill.

by Anonymousreply 173Last Friday at 8:13 AM

Was r172 a DL post or an excerpt from the NY Post?

by Anonymousreply 174Last Friday at 8:17 AM

R172 = too dumb to post here.

by Anonymousreply 175Last Friday at 8:23 AM

Cuomo announces small business relief program.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176Last Friday at 11:11 AM

Cuomo and his three daughters watch the news.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177Last Saturday at 5:39 AM

Andrew is working from home today and giving a history of the governor's residence and showing footage of the house including FDR's wheelchair. He mentioned three NY governors went on to be POTUS...

by Anonymousreply 178Last Saturday at 7:44 AM

R178 - yes, I'm a little late in posting Cuomo's Saturday briefing. Here it is with a mini-tour of the historic Executive Mansion in Albany.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179Last Saturday at 8:48 AM

2M+ New Yorkers are out of work, 1/2 of the commercial properties aren't collecting rent, the city & state budgets are going to be obliterated, and thousands of New Yorkers can't get needed elective surgeries. But what does Cuomo give us today? A fucking house tour and song & dance routine.

by Anonymousreply 180Last Saturday at 9:04 AM

Cuomo pushes back at critics of the state policy that sent positive elderly patients back to nursing homes. He was following FEDERAL government guidelines.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181Last Saturday at 9:33 AM

[quote] But what does Cuomo give us today? A fucking house tour and song & dance routine.

I get it.

But sometimes, folks need a breather from the difficult and despairing news that is delivered.

At least it’s historical. And geared towards citizens and providing information.

While I’m still attempting to discern my conflicted impressions of Cuomo, at LEAST, he is not out golfing whilst approx. 100,000 of his citizens have passed due to Coronavirus. And he does not claim to take “no responsibility”. Whilst it’s a VERY low bar, he’s lightyears ahead of Trump.

P.S. I am not the poster who is updating this thread. Thank you to that poster for providing accessible information.

by Anonymousreply 182Last Saturday at 3:50 PM

R182 - you're welcome. Here is Cuomo's May 24th briefing from a beach setting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183Last Sunday at 8:34 AM

I feel bad for the 2020 graduates like Cuomo's youngest daughter Michaela. No parties. No graduation ceremony. No fun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184Last Sunday at 12:42 PM

Cuomo's briefing for Memorial Day Monday, May 25.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185Last Monday at 8:10 AM

Another funny clip from Maria DeCotis as she pretends to be the Governor, his daughter AND the boyfriend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186Yesterday at 6:14 AM

Cuomo opened the NY Stock Exchange this morning. It's been closed since March.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187a day ago

Cuomo's briefing for Tuesday, May 26.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188a day ago
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!