Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do you know anyone who died of or is severely ill of Covid?

Unfortunately, I do. A friend of mine died last week in London.

A mutual friend first connected me to him and his partner when I was visiting London for the first time. The couple were wonderful, showing me around and taking me to great places to eat. We all became fast friends, with their visiting me and my visiting them a few times over the last decade.

It broke my heart when I heard he was on a ventilator. Then, the news that he died was just shattering. What a wonderful, hilarous, caring guy he was.

by Anonymousreply 111May 22, 2020 11:15 PM

No. It still all feels very abstract.

by Anonymousreply 1April 8, 2020 2:55 PM

My uncle is on a respirator and two of my cousins are sick. One of my cousins has had two of her coworkers die in the past two weeks.

by Anonymousreply 2April 8, 2020 2:56 PM

I never met him but my husband's brother-in-law's brother died Sunday of COVID. I know no one personally who has the virus. My condolences to you for your loss. I am very sorry you are having to deal with this bit of ugliness that life has thrown at you.

by Anonymousreply 3April 8, 2020 2:57 PM

Sorry for your trouble, OP.

by Anonymousreply 4April 8, 2020 2:57 PM

Yes, OP! This person I saw on TV I knew the neighborhood they used to work one town over. OMG that could have been me!

by Anonymousreply 5April 8, 2020 2:58 PM

My condolences, OP.

A friend of a friend died last week of COVID. Only then did I fully realise that this could affect anybody, not just the elderly and vulnerable.

by Anonymousreply 6April 8, 2020 3:04 PM

I know a middle-aged man who was hospitalized for a week and was just released. I know many who had the symptoms and weren’t sick enough to be hospitalized so weren’t tested. None dead from it.

by Anonymousreply 7April 8, 2020 3:15 PM

I have yet to have anyone I know personally come down with obvious symptoms or have died from it. That is why it is so important to publicize celebrities who come down with it so that Americans who also have yet to personally encounter it appreciate that the threat is real.

by Anonymousreply 8April 8, 2020 3:22 PM

so sorry for your loss, how old was he OP?

by Anonymousreply 9April 8, 2020 3:47 PM

2 dead 1 Sick currently

by Anonymousreply 10April 8, 2020 4:39 PM

My cousin-in-law was in the hospital for a week. They don’t keep you unless you really need it. Then, he moved to a rehab to get his strength back, since he couldn’t stand. Previously, he was reasonably healthy for a 75ish, overweight Italian-American from Philadelphia. The family is pretty close, so this was upsetting.

I’ve had a dry cough for a week. I’ve ignored it at first, but now I’m starting to wonder...

My downstairs neighbor has been wasting away for a decade. AIDS, or maybe Hep C? I don’t know, but I worry about him because he hasn’t looked healthy in a decade.

by Anonymousreply 11April 8, 2020 5:22 PM

Yes, OP.

I started the thread about my mother being 3K miles away in hospice and I can't get to her. Or I should't.

People are divided on this.

I know what my mother would want.

People think I'm lying but I'm not. I've been told by a sibling it's a matter of hours and days not weeks.

by Anonymousreply 12April 9, 2020 2:35 AM

I'm sorry.

by Anonymousreply 13April 9, 2020 2:37 AM

One friend who I knew for 30 years. His wife called me this morning ro tell me he passed away last Friday from the coronavirus.

by Anonymousreply 14April 9, 2020 2:38 AM

A friend with severe comorbidity, cancer and heart disease BARELY made it through this weekend

Another, husband of an older colleague, just died

by Anonymousreply 15April 9, 2020 2:51 AM

Yes.

The father of one of my colleagues, died yesterday of Covid-19.

by Anonymousreply 16April 9, 2020 5:18 AM

I have heard of losses at the edge of my life.

I am frightened that these losses will gnaw further in.

I cohabitate with a parent in her late 70s, and am her care-giver. i think we're okay for now.

She is in excellent health and very brave, but there is no telling how anything will go.

She had begun writing letters to her friends, thanking them for their friendship.

I have made out my will.

by Anonymousreply 17April 9, 2020 5:22 AM

I still think that, aside from a few outliers, most of the sick and dead had risk factors. The man I know who was hospitalized for a week (and thankfully is recovering well) had had cancer last year. It was frightening to know that this trim and healthy-appearing man had gotten so sick, but then a mutual friend told me about the cancer.

Also know a young 30s healthy non-smoking (but somewhat heavy drinker) man who had the cough for a month, a week of fever. His roommate (who is a downright alcohoholic and overweight) didn’t get it.

by Anonymousreply 18April 9, 2020 1:30 PM

In my mother's senior living apartment building (100 people in the building), nine have tested positive, and one has died.

My mother is taking it all in stride, and keeping distance. Her OCD cleaning tendencies are certainly doing her favors right now.

by Anonymousreply 19April 13, 2020 1:12 AM

Three people I know have died and a couple more have been sick and recovered. It's surreal. This is all in New York.

by Anonymousreply 20April 13, 2020 1:17 AM

Yes. I was acquainted with Garry Bowie, a prominent AIDS activist here in SoCal. Incredibly nice person.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21April 13, 2020 1:17 AM

2 aunts died in one week. My uncle is in the hospital and not doing well. My mom lost 2 sisters to this in 7 days and she is beside herself with grief. She couldn't say goodbye and has had no closure.

by Anonymousreply 22April 13, 2020 1:23 AM

My partner. Damn near killed him (he's 51).

He's better now but the recovery is slow-going.

by Anonymousreply 23April 13, 2020 1:24 AM

A nurse, 40, with no known co-morbidities as long as dating married men and getting shitfaced and puking in Ubers after a night out are not risk factors. She cares for kids with cancer, though, so she gets a pass for that.

She's in the ICU but not on a vent. Got a positive test result a week ago Friday, took Saturday off, and worked (alone, in an office, doing telephone triage) until Wednesday and was admitted on Thursday - they need everyone who can stand up.

by Anonymousreply 24April 13, 2020 1:27 AM

For the past two months it has been very important to some people that you provide a full medical history when reporting a death, so they can say "well, they already had diabetes/cancer/HIV/obesity/old age/peanut allergy, so it serves them right, and this isn't that big of a deal."

by Anonymousreply 25April 13, 2020 1:29 AM

R24 OMG what a fucking whore. Fraus should be absolutely celibate or fuck single men. Only we gays can date down low married guys. We do it the right way.

by Anonymousreply 26April 13, 2020 1:31 AM

((Hugs)) to everyone that lost a loved one

by Anonymousreply 27April 13, 2020 1:35 AM

I know someone in his 60's who has it, but he's recovering.

by Anonymousreply 28April 13, 2020 1:38 AM

R25, those things do make a difference, though. Pinpointing comorbidities doesn’t mean the person “deserved it”. (On the other hand, the anti-smoking people say that.)

by Anonymousreply 29April 13, 2020 2:31 AM

My boss has it and apparently someone else at the place I work at but I'd never heard of him until he was diagnosed.

by Anonymousreply 30April 13, 2020 2:34 AM

R30 and both are hospitalized.

by Anonymousreply 31April 13, 2020 2:37 AM

Still nobody that I know directly...although hardly anybody is being tested in Canada, so the possibility remains that there could be quite a few people I know who are asymptomatic or just have a "regular cold".

by Anonymousreply 32April 13, 2020 2:41 AM

A person I work with died, and my boss' next door neighbor and good friend died. Also pretty sure that a neighbor of mine died but haven't had the chance to talk to their partner yet. This is in NYC.

And one of my best friends from college is currently sick, and her husband was sick before that, although neither of them have gotten tested. They live in Pittsburgh.

by Anonymousreply 33April 13, 2020 2:41 AM

My brother and his partner both have a friend who have died (separate people). Their next door neighbor was taken away in a stretcher 2 days ago in the ambulance for COVID19.

They are kinda freaked out - understandably.

by Anonymousreply 34April 13, 2020 3:13 AM

A friend of mine turned 100 years old last month. Today he’s in the hospital with pneumonia. Wondering if it’ll be COVID.

by Anonymousreply 35April 13, 2020 3:18 AM

I do.

A partner of a major car dealer in my state who worked in the same building as me died of the coronavirus. Our health department found that 25 of his colleagues in my building tested positive for the coronavirus.

The Health Department sent everyone home, closed the building and spent the last 10 days or so disinfecting the building.

I also have a friend and co-worker who was "severely ill." He was sick for 6 weeks with coronavirus and had to stay home for 4 weeks. It was dangerous because he was with his elderly parents. There were weeks where he found it difficult to breathe. He has recovered and will start working again this month. He does Uber driving, which is where he probably caught it 3 weeks before the quarantines.

I know of one, other person who tested positive and a couple with the symptoms, but they recovered fairly easily.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36April 13, 2020 4:03 AM

Yeah, I"m not going back to the thread because there was one too many nasty responses on it, accusing me of making it up.

But I was the guy who posted that his mother was dying on the other side of the country.

She died. There was a quick burial; a priest said a few words. The lack of compassion I'm getting from family members has me suicidal.

by Anonymousreply 37April 13, 2020 4:07 AM

I’m so sorry, R37. For what it’s worth, I believed you when you originally related your story. In fact, it initiated a “what would we do if this happens to us” conversation within my family. None of us could come to any good answer. You did the best you could.

by Anonymousreply 38April 13, 2020 4:15 AM

Don’t know anybody who has got it...yet.

by Anonymousreply 39April 13, 2020 4:16 AM

thanks R38; I know most of the responses on the thread where supportive, but I couldn't get over being accused of trying to pull a scam.

by Anonymousreply 40April 13, 2020 4:20 AM

Yes, a co-worker lost his mother and brother-in-law within the past two weeks.

by Anonymousreply 41April 13, 2020 4:20 AM

My friends, the writer Patti Bosworth, died of it. She was 85, but not that frail. So sad. A lovely woman. Otherwise no one I know has gotten it, at least, officially -- I know many people who think they might have had it as they've had an assortment of fevers and coughs.

by Anonymousreply 42April 13, 2020 4:26 AM

I had it in January, OP. I was in hospital in Japan for ten days (skiing holiday). It wasn’t until I was home and hospitalised here that I found out that my pneumonia was actually Covid-19. I had major gastrointestinal issues which at the time the doctors couldn’t explain, as not related to pneumonia.

I just found out today that the cousin of a good friend wasn’t feeling well on Thursday. Her doctor said it was probably food poisoning and not to worry. She went to A&E on Friday - diagnosed with Covid-19 and died on Sunday. She was 39 and a regular triathlete.

If you aren’t feeling great and have gastrointestinal issues go to the hospital and insist that they test you for Covid-19! And don’t assume that because you’re not 70+ that you’re immune - you’re not.

by Anonymousreply 43April 13, 2020 6:45 AM

Just found out that a doc who lives in my condo has been hospitalized. He had been working in the ER with covid pages

by Anonymousreply 44April 13, 2020 4:06 PM

^patients

by Anonymousreply 45April 13, 2020 4:09 PM

Christ, this is a depressing thread.

by Anonymousreply 46April 13, 2020 5:26 PM

Were you tested for it, R43, or are you just assuming?

by Anonymousreply 47April 13, 2020 8:45 PM

Considering how few people I know, if someone I know personally dies then things are going to be really bad around here.

by Anonymousreply 48April 13, 2020 8:49 PM

And that's why I fault social media, including Datalounge, as dangerous because people make relationships with others on the other side of the world through the internet versus people in your own hometown who can help each other substantively.

by Anonymousreply 49April 14, 2020 11:20 PM

A friend who I went to high school with (they are in their 40s) was in a medically-induced coma for a few days but ended up pulling through.

Another friend, who frankly may not have it but has all the symptoms (they are uninsured and they refuse to see him), is currently housebound since he can't get up and down the stairs to his apartment (body aches combined with respiratory distress from the illness). He is 42 and was in excellent health before this.

by Anonymousreply 50April 14, 2020 11:57 PM

[quote]And that's why I fault social media, including Datalounge, as dangerous because people make relationships with others on the other side of the world through the internet

Don't flatter yourself

by Anonymousreply 51April 15, 2020 12:06 AM

I'm sorry OP.

by Anonymousreply 52April 15, 2020 12:16 AM

I know five people who have lost relatives. I don’t know any personally.

by Anonymousreply 53April 15, 2020 12:20 AM

Poor Garry. Survived AIDS from 1983! Now this virus kills him quickly. Also, big bulge.... R.I.P.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54April 15, 2020 12:22 AM

Does anyone happen to know who is living at the Mary Pickford Home part of the Motion Picture Country House and Hospital?

by Anonymousreply 55April 15, 2020 12:22 AM

One friend who was hospitalized, became severely ill and put on a ventilator, then after cholorquin recovered and now home.

by Anonymousreply 56April 15, 2020 12:43 AM

Two friends. One of them was in the hospital with "pneumonia," but is home now. I'm not sure if they tested him for COVID, but it sounds like that's what he had. Another friend is currently in the hospital. They're waiting for the test to come back, but the doctors are pretty sure it's COVID. He's on a ventilator and was in a medically induced coma, which they've brought him out of. They're trying to wean him off the ventilator, but it's still doing about 90% of his breathing for him.

I'm on meds for stage 1 hypertension and I'm terrified of getting it.

by Anonymousreply 57April 15, 2020 1:08 AM

It's all psychosomatic. Take vitamins!

by Anonymousreply 58April 15, 2020 1:13 AM

my mom died.

it'll be a week on Friday.

I'm numb. Wasn't able to fly into the funeral, which was just a quick burial, but she wasn't cremated and my brother got a priest there to say a few words and she would have liked that.

I'm thinking of just ending it. have lost too many people in the last few years. And this is NOT going to get better anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 59April 15, 2020 3:30 AM

R59, do you have anyone you can talk to? Will you be okay tonight?

by Anonymousreply 60April 15, 2020 3:42 AM

R60, I'm sure I can call a few but nobody knows you like your mom.

I'll be okay.

A few months ago, I was visiting my mom at her assisted living. An aide was going over my Mom's daily routine with me in front of her and I threw in some thoughts on things she likes to do and how her life might be made easier.

My mom is lying in bed and she kind of rolls of her eyes and goes: "oh, geez; somebody just loves being in charge!"

Not in a overtly mean way. Just in that way you can speak around certain people when you're comfortable.

I said: "Hey! Hey!" and then I leaned in and whispered in her ear: "You better believe it!" and she smiled a smile that I will never forget. We had that kind of rapport where we could joke with each other.

She didn't have that with my siblings. I told her: "You're lucky to have a gay son. I'll be here." And I was.

by Anonymousreply 61April 15, 2020 4:20 AM

Elderly former neighbor died. Of the 98 people who livid in her nursing home, 51 tested positive for the virus. She died last weekend.

by Anonymousreply 62April 15, 2020 4:42 AM

35 year old bf of a good friend of mine. Died in hospital in Greenwich, CT. with no known underlying health issues. They were going to get married soon. Real nice guy, generous, kind-hearted and fabulously rich.

by Anonymousreply 63April 15, 2020 5:42 AM

I officially know somebody who died. She was in her 30s. Shocked and saddened.

by Anonymousreply 64April 15, 2020 5:44 AM

R49, I don't blame the Internet or Social Media. As you get older you tend to lose friends and family along the way. A bankruptcy and a move broke my ties with the small group of friends I had, and even that was nearly 20 years ago. Still, I have my partner here with me, and that's enough, but with both of us being older I'm worried about the coronavirus catching up with us.

by Anonymousreply 65April 15, 2020 5:51 AM

Warm thoughts to all of you, above, who have lost loved ones.

COVID19 supposedly arrived in the U.S.A. in mid-January, which is when I, like R43, came down with SOMETHING I swear nearly killed me.

Two-three days of just feeling lousy. Then, several days with a fever that peaked at 103 degrees. Some trouble breathing, which I attributed to the asthma I've had off and on since birth. No energy AT ALL. It was all I could do for days to simply go the bathroom. Went through an entire case of bottled water. Zero appetite, lost at least 10 pounds from not eating. And I remember literally praying several times, "Dear God, just let me die!"

Then another week or 10 days to get back to "normal."

COVID? Triple pneumonia? No idea. But at age 64, I now fear I'm gonna be a raging hypochondriac for however much time I have left (was hoping to make it to 80 and then suddenly drop dead of a massive coronary, just like my mother did.)

by Anonymousreply 66April 15, 2020 6:07 AM

Sounds like moderate Covid to me, a bit above Chris Cuomo level.

by Anonymousreply 67April 15, 2020 6:49 AM

I live in southern Mexico. I had COVID-19 throughout all of this past January and part of February; I was probably one of the first people in the western hemisphere to get it. My husband and I both caught it from a dinner guest who had just flown in from Milan, and so did every single one of the 13 other people who attended our New Year's Eve dinner party. Three of them (elderly) were hospitalized for weeks, and one of them nearly died. This illness is not a joke or an exaggeration; it is real, it is severe, extremely contagious, and it is affecting regular people in countries around the world. It is at least as bad as zika, which I have also had, and I hope never to experience any illness of this magnitude again as long as I live.

by Anonymousreply 68April 15, 2020 7:46 AM

Wow r68, did the Milanese dinner guest get ill as well? Where do they live? They probably left a trail of sick people wherever they went.

by Anonymousreply 69April 15, 2020 3:28 PM

R69 Yes, he got very ill as well, though his symptoms the night of the dinner were just starting.

by Anonymousreply 70April 15, 2020 4:00 PM

What freaks me out is that the survivors don’t necessarily have immunity afterward. What if you can keep getting this over and over?

by Anonymousreply 71April 15, 2020 5:01 PM

omg I just ran into an acquaintance at the post office -- those incompetents managed not to lose a package for once -- and she says to me that she's hearing 'the hospitals are emptying' and 'this is just the flu'.

I said Oh, honey. in the movie, you'd be the one who dies.

by Anonymousreply 72April 16, 2020 12:35 AM

[quote] 35 year old bf of a good friend of mine. Died in hospital in Greenwich, CT. with no known underlying health issues. They were going to get married soon. Real nice guy, generous, kind-hearted and fabulously rich.

Who got the money?

by Anonymousreply 73April 16, 2020 7:19 PM

My partner's previous boss, who had retired about year ago at age 70, died of covid last week

by Anonymousreply 74April 16, 2020 7:20 PM

R61, as hard as it is, many of us have gone through the loss of our parents, even if not because of COVID. It's the natural way of the world. Your mother wouldn't have wanted you dying before her, I'm sure, and I can't imagine she would want you being so depressed that you couldn't go on. Your ongoing life is a continuing gift; don't just throw it away. You did the right thing by not trying to go there. It wasn't meant to be.

by Anonymousreply 75April 16, 2020 9:56 PM

[quote]If you aren’t feeling great and have gastrointestinal issues go to the hospital and insist that they test you for Covid-19!

Really, what's the point? They're just going to tell you to go home and isolate yourself.

by Anonymousreply 76April 16, 2020 10:01 PM

Teue, R76. They might not even test you. Only people who have severe respiratory distress and test positive receive treatment.

by Anonymousreply 77April 16, 2020 10:03 PM

R75, thank you.

Your words mean more than you'll ever know.

I knew this day would someday come and I volunteered to do her eulogy. I wasn't sure how I could ever do it as my brothers and I are not close.

Our father died at an extremely young age. The fact that we survived at all was a miracle. I would not have handled it well being in a church filled with people and having no one I really felt I could lean on.

My mother made incredible sacrifices when God or fate or whoever threw her a nasty curveball making her a widow at such a young age.

She never wanted a fuss made at her funeral; just stick me in the ground she used to say. In a way, she got that wish. A priest was there; and one local sibling.

Maybe I'll survive this and live out an Act 3. Maybe I'll get this thing and die next week. I know I did all I could for so long for my Mom and I hope she's reunited with my father, but I actually don't believe in an after life.

by Anonymousreply 78April 18, 2020 6:11 AM

The husband of my first cousin died. He was very ill at home for a few days then went to the hospital where he died after about two days. He had diabetes and had had a heart attack about 15 years ago or so. Not overweight. She tested positive but no symptoms. Sad and shocking.

by Anonymousreply 79April 18, 2020 11:21 AM

yes, I know at least a dozen people who have gotten sick.

I know two people who have died, both older and had comorbidity issues

by Anonymousreply 80April 18, 2020 11:38 AM

I’m most interested in the people who test positive without symptoms. (And how do you get a test when very sick people cant?) How does the virus get into you and just... do nothing?

by Anonymousreply 81April 18, 2020 12:24 PM

My husband’s brother is in the hospital now. He has 106 degree fever. My brother has power of attorney over him & is his living will person because his brother is schizophrenic. He’s critically ill. My husband DNR’d him. His brother is about 66 or 67 years old.

by Anonymousreply 82May 13, 2020 8:12 PM

[quote] My brother has power of attorney over him & is his living will person because his brother is schizophrenic.

My HUSBAND has power of attorney over him, etc, etc

I am really losing it. I can’t stand being cooped up. If it was warm outside, at least I could sit in the sun.

by Anonymousreply 83May 13, 2020 8:14 PM

Nope, here in Toronto I don’t know a single person who has had it. And, amazingly, neither does my GP!

by Anonymousreply 84May 20, 2020 12:24 AM

I had it myself -relatively mild case. I have several friends who were hospitalized and in a bad way. At work, we have had three deaths so far.

by Anonymousreply 85May 20, 2020 12:31 AM

R85, sorry to hear that, what test did you take? the 5 min one?

by Anonymousreply 86May 20, 2020 12:39 AM

I don't know anyone who has had it, but I worry that it's become so abstract that I've become a bit lazy about precautions. This thread is a chilling reminder to be more vigilant.

by Anonymousreply 87May 20, 2020 12:40 AM

[R86] The test results took over a week to come back.

by Anonymousreply 88May 20, 2020 12:46 AM

Don't know anyone who has had Covid, let alone died from it. Know plenty of people who died from the regular flu, bee stings and mosquitos.

by Anonymousreply 89May 20, 2020 12:53 AM

Yes. My mother died from it.

I'm numb.

I may have posted before. I am too lazy or depressed to scroll through to see if I have or not.

by Anonymousreply 90May 22, 2020 12:06 AM

A friend died from it last week, one of those kind people who was like a big sister at your first job, five years ahead of you, patient in showing the ropes, celebrating your wins. They thought she had pneumonia, but then she couldn't breathe on her own. She fought that fucker for a month. She'd been healthy, active, outdoorsy, athletic. Two kids and a great husband--and about a thousand friends and colleagues--left going WTF?

by Anonymousreply 91May 22, 2020 12:20 AM

My mother died of it about 2 weeks ago. She was diagnosed on Sunday, died on Wednesday morning, but there was no resp. distress. I think it was probably one of tge strokes or heart attacks you read about.

by Anonymousreply 92May 22, 2020 12:22 AM

No

by Anonymousreply 93May 22, 2020 12:24 AM

I know several people who have had Covid and recovered. I know four people who have died.

by Anonymousreply 94May 22, 2020 12:29 AM

I know people who have been sick and hospitalized, but have recovered slowly. I know some college kids who have tested positive but have no symptoms, though one got sick, recovered, and got sick again.

by Anonymousreply 95May 22, 2020 12:30 AM

I think it would help if you said where you were from. I am in VA and I don't know of anyone who has contracted the virus.

by Anonymousreply 96May 22, 2020 12:55 AM

I'm in IL outside of Chicago and I had it 7 weeks ago, still have GI symptoms and don't feel too well. Sometimes it feels like I will never be fully rid of it. At first I was glad to get it early so I could be over it and symptoms were relatively mild, but now I am just exhausted from being sick so long.

by Anonymousreply 97May 22, 2020 1:06 AM

I personally know 3 people (1 NY 50's, 1 LA 30's, 1 Chicago 50's) who had it and recovered, but didn't tell anyone they had it until they recovered and tested for antibodies. Then on FB, about 10 relatives of friends (all over 60) from various locales that have died.

by Anonymousreply 98May 22, 2020 1:13 AM

[R96] Richmond.

by Anonymousreply 99May 22, 2020 1:15 AM

My cousin's ex-husband in Teaneck, New Jersey died from it a few weeks ago. He was only 52 years old. They have two young daughters who aren't taking it well. He was a really great Dad. A long-time employee at my job succumbed to the disease last week.

by Anonymousreply 100May 22, 2020 1:18 AM

Personally, no. But an old girlfriend of a friend (he hadn't seen her in years) died a week and a half ago from it. First (and only thus far) person in our county to die. She was 56.

by Anonymousreply 101May 22, 2020 1:27 AM

So many on this thread seem sad...

Let the Old Gays take your mind off things =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102May 22, 2020 4:58 AM

A friend of a friend fell ill after catching it from his girlfriend. He is 48, fat, an alcoholic and with some other health conditions. He managed to survive and has now fully recovered.

by Anonymousreply 103May 22, 2020 5:22 AM

I'm in North Texas. I don't know anyone who has had it, and none of my doctor's patients have had it that he know of.

Our numbers are going up through, so it's a matter of time.

by Anonymousreply 104May 22, 2020 5:58 AM

Knows of*^, obviously.

by Anonymousreply 105May 22, 2020 5:59 AM

A work associate died from it. He was elderly.

A young family- mom, dad and kids- I know had it and all recovered. The mom is a first responder.

by Anonymousreply 106May 22, 2020 7:43 AM

No. Cure rate for non compromised patients is almost 99%

by Anonymousreply 107May 22, 2020 8:49 AM

My partner's aunt by marriage died May 6.

by Anonymousreply 108May 22, 2020 8:51 AM

[quote] No. Cure rate for non compromised patients is almost 99%

Link?

by Anonymousreply 109May 22, 2020 12:31 PM

I am R94 in NYC. Just found out a friend died yesterday of it.

by Anonymousreply 110May 22, 2020 6:10 PM

yes, a 3rd cousin who was in the memory unit of a retirement center. Almost the entire unit s patients died in the last 2 wks.

by Anonymousreply 111May 22, 2020 11:15 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!